Bookamat

Scheduling tool for yoga, pilates & other fitness studios

4,6
4,8
4,3
4,3
4,7
Jolene P.

This is the most amazing booking software as it has taken my business to the next level

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

It has changed the way I do business!!

Pros

The ease of use, the excellent support and most of all the opportunity to grow. It is developing all the time and this has allowed my business to flourish. My students are extremely happy with bookamat and talk about the features and functionality all the time. The quality of the website is top class. The best part is that for a little studio like mine it is affordable and I have recommended it to other studios in the area as its not competition that divides us but co-opportition that unites us and allows the consumer more choice. We need to work together to grow more. Thank you bookamat for creating a platform for us to prosper!!

Cons

Waiting for the mobile app however understanding the cost and knowing that this is on the table... there are NO CONS!!

Response from Bookamat

Thanks Jo. We now have a mobile app for business, teacher and client which you can download by visiting https://bookamat.co

Katie B.
Company size: Self Employed

I really wanted these guys to be the company for me!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/12/02

9.5/10 it's just that one little thing that's a big deal that turned me from almost certainly going with them to unfortunately having to keep looking elsewhere.

Pros

I love that it's an Aussie company! It looks great, it's simple to use!
It has the ability to offer class bookings, courses, privates, membership subscriptions, has client self check in. It does 99% of what I need for my business and I really wanted these guys to be the one to replace my current system with Wix Bookings and Paid Plans via Wix.

Cons

Unfortunately the customer can cancel their membership plan at any time, so for my students who are on a year contract with weekly payments I was not able to replicate this system as the students could cancel at any time. Apart from that they're pretty awesome, so if the above doesn't bother or effect you then I say support the Aussie guys giving MindBody a good run for their money!

Response from Bookamat

Thanks for your review Katie.

You'll be pleased to know that you can now set minimum payment commitments for clients.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Kind regards

Industry: Executive Office

Feedback

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/06/02

Not good, and extremely frustrating. there is a 33 page manual, who has time to read a manual? And not YouTube video showing the basics of how the system works. And no online support? Just via e-mail so I cannot get immediate replies and have to wait before I can continue? I find it not to be user friendly at all.

Pros

So far not much as it really is a struggle

Cons

For sure, it is way too rigid and does not allow me to add things that are applicable to the business I am in

Response from Bookamat

Dear Maggie, thanks for taking the time to write a review.

1. We are aware that not everyone has time to read a comprehensive user guide which is why we provide a quick set up guide which you should have received via email when you registered. If you didn't receive it please email [email protected] so we can email it out to you.

2. Our comprehensive user guide is provided as a supplementary resource for people who want to dig deeper into how things work.

3. It's great that you mentioned YouTube video guides. We are currently busy producing them and they will be available soon.

4. We prioritise email support as the most efficient way to resolve queries. It means we can give you the best response which you can refer to later if needed.

5. We also provide an online chat service which is available to registered businesses. You are welcome to chat with us whenever you see that we're online.

Kind regards,

Bookamat Support

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Georgia B.

Couldn't recommend more!

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

AMAZING!!! Super quick response to emails for help etc. The team really have done all they can to. make sure I'm confident and ready to go for bookings.

Pros

It was SUPER easy to set up my book a mat account for my mobile wellness business. I had it done from start to finish ready for bookings within 2 hours! It's really user friendly compared to other booking platforms I have used and I like how the interface looks. Having shopped around, I have found that this is one of the most reasonably priced booking platforms out there! I also really like that I can have multiple locations without paying any extra.

Cons

It would be great if you could have staff logins that don't allow full access to reporting or financial information.

Response from Bookamat

Thanks Georgia! We're so grateful to have you with us and we've just added staff logins that don't allow full access to reporting or financial information!

Liezl H.

Greatest support ever

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Super helpful team that are looking to continuously improve their product to create a better client experience.

Pros

The software is clean and simple to use. This is the third online booking system I have tried and it was really easy to get started. Super useful help section and setup guides. All necessary features are there to run your business with ease.

Cons

Was looking for a button to allow me to mail participants is who registered for a specific class only. Wrote a support request and now they are implementing this feature. No cons really for me.

Response from Bookamat

Thanks for your review Liezl :) You'll find the email all class participants button in your account now.

Dale F.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

The only software you will ever need if you are a pilates studio owner

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

easy to setup and very easy to use

Pros

simple and easy to use, online payment portal and payment to south African bank account

Cons

nothing- but excited for the new features they plan to roll out

Response from Bookamat

Thanks for the glowing review Dale :) We'll keep those new features coming!

Michelle M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Book a Mat makes my business run more effective

Reviewed on 2019/03/30

All of the comments in the most like about Bookamat reflects.

Pros

Book a Mat allows clients to have control over their own bookings being able to reschedule and or place a lesson in credit. The credit system is a lifesaver and having an electronic record of clients credits (how many and by when it will expire). From running my business effectively Book a Mat has just taken the studio to a new level of professionalism and accurism. Having the ability to amend the activity time, venue, instructor and participants has most defiantly enhanced the smooth daily operation of the business. The ability to place Public holidays and or normal closure times and having a platform to email all the clients with announcements once again is just part of this amazing platform. The team at Book a Mat delivers the most efficient, professional and timeously customer service. No request is too much for the dedicated team of Book a Mat. Book a Mat is constantly improving their product and services which is vital in the fast pace times of constant tech improvements and Book a Mat most defiantly stays on par. The launch of individual QR code for the studio truly reflects this. Thank you Book a Mat as the studio that I own will not be able to deliver the customer service without Book a Mat. It has been a journey which I hope will continue and will grow from strength to strength.

Cons

The older genre of clients do struggle to work the system.

Response from Bookamat

Thanks for posting a review Michelle. We'll keep making incremental improvements to ensure everyone can work the system with ease.

Estelle R.

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Friendly and intelligent team that somehow cope with my enormous amount of questions on the daily and are open for feedback and suggestions on adjusting the system. I run a yoga studio (just started in a new space) so the ease of booking is the most important aspect. This team comes highly recommended.

Pros

Ease of use and access to information in the reports section is great for me when it comes to pay staff i can easily see their hours.

Cons

- it doesn't have an app
- you cant see the full timetable unless you register
- it confuses clients when they click book and it goes to cart (not all clients) but some people find this confusing when the class disappears from the schedule...

Response from Bookamat

Thanks for posting a review Estelle. We now have an app for business, teacher and client which can be downloaded by visiting https://bookamat.co.

We've also made it easier for clients to add new bookings to their basket.

Robyn M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Excellent service from Benjamin who is always receptive of recommendations and actions them promptly

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

A functioning booking system that is cost effective and reliable.

Pros

Attractive home page, all the current features and the new feature of SMS reminder's which are still to come. The price is very reasonable and assists a small business immensely.

Cons

There is no App, which clients frequently comment on. It would certainly make bookings a lot easier as logging onto Bookamat via your phone takes time and can be difficult to navigate.
The credit page doesn't use drop down menu's to minimise the long list of credits.

Response from Bookamat

Thanks for the kind review Robyn :) We'll be looking at adding an App in 2018.

Kirsten-lee P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Solid product from a great team

Reviewed on 2018/10/20

Pros

From the outset, its the service from Bookamat that makes them stand out. They're small enough to offer personalised service, but large enough to punch above their weight against international competitors.

The site is user-friendly and intuitive, and overall represents great value for the customer.

Cons

It meets our needs for our small business in every way - where there has been glitches, or if functionality required optermisation, the Bookamat team is quick to resolve and embrace change to the benefit of the customer and clients.

Shari D.

Bookamat Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

The Bookamat team is very open to suggestions to improve functionality of the software and are highly responsive to fixing any bugs or problems that may be encountered.

Pros

Bookamat offers enough functionality and options to set up the booking, scheduling and payment requirements any almost any business. The product is geared to the local market (South Africa)and is charged in Rands. I don't have to worry about changing currencies on my invoices, paying for the software in a foreign currency (with fluctuating exchange rates) or dealing with international terminology and solutions that aren't applicable to me. It is affordable for a small business - a big bonus when every scent counts.
I run Pilates studio with 3 teachers and can easily plan, schedule and manage the use of the equipment within the studio. Bookamat is easy to use, saves me a lot of time managing client's constantly changing schedules and I no longer have to 'negotiate' around late cancellations or poor communication. Clients quickly take responsibility for their schedules and become more compliant. They like the fact that they can manage cancellations, waitlisting or re-scheduling of appointments when it suits them.

Monthly invoicing has become a 10 minute exercise as opposed to the 3-4 hour admin nightmare it used to be! The software is constantly evolving and improving, with new features added regularly. Each month it gets easier to use and offers better functionality for my business, meaning I spend less time on admin.

Cons

The product is web-based and can use a lot of mobile data. It would be great if it could be offered as an App.
The page times out if used over the whole day and requires periodic logging in. This can be a bit frustrating.

New clients can find it a little difficult to navigate in the beginning, but soon get used to the format. Perhaps this will improve in future releases.

The product does not offer much in terms of reporting and accounting functions - although these are apparently in the pipeline.

William H.

Making admin easy

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Software developers have been open to suggestions from me as a studio owners and customised settings for my specific needs! Always willing to look at problems and come up with a solution. Support is amazing and replying very quickly to enquiries

Pros

Designed specifically for pilates type studios. I tried a few other booking sites but were very complicated with too many options. I like it that the software is simple and easy to manage the backend as a non tech person

Cons

All the things that I didn't like was fixed by the software developers

Lauren S.
Company size: Self Employed

This software is a lifesaver if you currently run your own client base. Huge time saver.

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

Bookamat is great value for money and outshines it's competitors by a huge margin! I have previously used other software such as MindBody which was very expensive and not at all user-friendly. I am so relieved to now have BookaMat as an integral part of my business which saves me and my customers so much time and hassle! I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs an online booking tool, particularly with services which are in groups of people.

Pros

Saves me time

Cons

Although the layout is pretty simple, it could be improved upon in terms of easy navigation. Overall it is user-friendly though.

Trish T.

Life Retreat Studio On Book A Mat

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Fantastic

Pros

Book a mat is extremely user friendly, both for Staff and Clients
Their service is excellent
Affordable

Cons

There have been a few missing features, but they have been added as we have needed them

Response from Bookamat

Thanks Trish. We're so grateful you made the switch, thanks for the review :)

Izelle N.

Bookamat is best

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

Love it as it is and now, it will improve over time and get even better!

Pros

I love the time it saves me! And customers can pay online, buying on impulse. I am making more money.

Cons

It loads very slow. Capturing names takes a bit of time.

Response from Bookamat

Thanks Izelle :) We will investigate the load times as they certainly shouldn't be slow!

Nadine J.

Continous Support

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

My experience is that although there were a few hiccups in the beginning, the support team were always an email away and respond promptly.

Pros

It is quite easy to use and Bookamat provide constant customer support and are always willing to add a feature when I need it!!

Cons

There are not accurate reports for instructors and attendance report includes people who did not attend a class.

Response from Bookamat

Thanks Nadine.

If there are instructor reports you would like please let us know so we can work with you to produce these.

PS the attendance report will show any client who has a booking for the class.

If a client fails to attend the system won't know which is why the attendance form should be manually updated to give you accurate reports. :)

Gayle L.

Making easier access

Reviewed on 2016/12/01

Sometimes technically challenging. Some technical input and output should be easier and more logical. When a student does not have issues the system works like a rolls Royce. But when students have challenging changes, the system is not easy to work through , e.g. " I come to a weekly session but want to add two extra classes" the student and myself found it hard to navigate. It kinda needs to be more "giving". I am a paper and pen person. Slowly finding my way around and through the system. Students are also finding and sifting their way around the system. I could chat to you about this with more in depth info if you like. It has made my life a bit easier as far as admin goes but early days. On the whole a great product absolutely necessary in our industry. The changeover has not been easy but slowly getting there. Hey, I'm almost 60 so a bit technically challenged. If I can navigate through the system anyone can.

Benjamin S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great solution for South African Pilates studios

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

I am a student who attends a Pilates studio in Cape Town which recently started using Bookamat. I am amazed at how easy it is to reschedule, pay and make new bookings from the convenience of my mobile phone. It also gives me reminders for upcoming classes and expiring credits and even lets me join waiting lists for classes I want to join but are already full. It is easy to use and certainly saves me time that I would usually spend trying to contact my busy Pilates instructor when I needed to reschedule a class. Thanks Bookamat :)

Pros

It's user-friendly design and the fact that it lets me reschedule and pay for my classes easily.

Cons

I would like to be able to integrate my bookings into my Google calendar.

Nikki C.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Onwards and upwards

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Every day, it gets better and better.

Pros

Simplicity in design with constant improvements based on customer requests.

Cons

Ease of booking clients in permanently throughout the year. Also, note taking area would be fantastic addition under Client Account.

Response from Bookamat

Hi Nikki, please accept our belated thanks for your review. PS You'll see we've added note taking under client accounts for you.

Denise S.

Yoga Journey Mondeor trial period

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/07/26

I hope to expand my business to get people from other areas and countries.

Pros

I am not a technology expert, so I have had to spend time on the programme. However it is fairly easy to use. The support is excellent.

Cons

Still in the process of learning and getting things up and running. It has only been about a week!