4,4
4,7
Denitsa G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great tool for small and medium-sized businesses

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

I've been using this tool for over 1.5 years and I love it. It helps keep up with our QA process and keeps track of all the bug reports. It has easy to use comment area where people can ask for clarification on each task/bug and it also automatically tracks all the nesessary technical details (screen resolution, operating system etc) when you report a bug, which a developer would need. I've used other alternatives such as Zendesk (which is also a great tool) however for smaller teams, I find BugHerd to be a great solution.

Pros

BugHerd is very easy to use. I haven't run into a case where someone (neither a client or a developer) has difficulties hitting the ground running with it.

Cons

The email notifications can be a much. There is an option to modify that in the settings of course, however I find clients don't typically dive into those.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Hey Denitsa, wow your 10/10 review means a lot to us! We're so glad that BugHerd has been so helpful for you, and your feedback is being passed on to our team as we do our best to make BugHerd even better.

Tom L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Essential for our work flow

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

We use it just about every day for all web projects and would hate to be without it. It's indispensable.

Pros

Marking comments in real-time on the actual web page was a huge plus for us.

Cons

Early reliance on browser extensions for some functionality was a bit of an issue for some clients as they require assistance from their IT dept to get installed - if it was possible at all.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Thank you for taking the time to review BugHerd for us Tom. We really appreciate the feedback and are so glad to hear you love the product so much.

Brittany S.
Industry: Online Media

Amazing all round product

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

Pros

We love the simplicity that Bugherd gives to our clients. They can submit feedback or issues directly on the frontend of their website quickly. Bugherd has helped give clear communication channels to our clients and given us the ability to discuss issues as ease.

Cons

Direct Intergration into Jira would have been good we have managed to do it via Zapier.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Thank you so much for your glowing 10/10 review, Brittany. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We are always looking to improve the product to be the absolute best for collecting feedback and tracking bugs with clients.

Alicia C.
Industry: Retail

Makes our Team more Efficient

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Using Bugherd has allowed me to keep a consistent workflow, even when work needs to be QA'd. Using the tool makes the process quick and efficient, and I'm able to communicate thoroughly with the engineers on my team.

Pros

What I love most about this software is the ease of use. I can translate bugs to the developers on my team so easily, and quickly! We are a fast paced company and this helps keep it that way.

Cons

Ideally, I would love a mobile version - so I can test on my device (rather than just the in browser inspect mode for mobile). Other than that, I love the product.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Hi Alicia, thank you so much for such a fantastic review. We really appreciate the feedback and are dedicated to continually improving the product so that your team can continue being fantastically efficient.

Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Amazing feedback tool

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/12/04

We used Bugherd on two different website launches, one of which was a web application which required a lot of testing before going live. The use of Bugherd easily cut a few weeks off of our projects by streamlining the feedback/bug reporting features.

Pros

The simplicity of installation and then the ability to direct users to simply click on a feedback tab on our website was awesome. Users were able to submit feedback simply, power users with the browser extension could submit more informative feedback with screenshots, and the kanban style board for managing feedback was SO helpful for prioritizing and tracking bugs and issues.

Cons

As far as I am concerned it is perfect in every way. There is not much more one can ask for when using a tool that only requires a simple snippet of code to change the way your users provide feedback.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Practically perfect in every way? Wow! What an awesome review. Thank you so much, we are so pleased that our tool makes getting actionable feedback easy for you and your clients!

Stacie A.
Industry: Design

Great tool for collecting feedback

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

We use Bugherd during the QA process of our Shopify website design/dev projects. We invite our clients to submit their feedback and we also use it internally to communicate development requirements.

Pros

Finally a tool to track feedback accurately for web development! A fantastic way to pinpoint your feedback and collaborate on a solution.

Cons

Guest access is limited in providing exposure to overall project status which causes extra work to generate reports to communicate project progression.

Response from Macropod Software

Thank you for leaving a review Stacie, we appreciate your feedback and have made sure to pass that onto our dev team. Cheers for being an awesome BugHerd customer.

Ashley R.
Industry: Design

I LOVE this platform - it is invaluable

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

We work on complex websites at my company and the feedback process prior to Bugherd was rough. Bugherd provides one centralized place for team members and clients to document all feedback, to ask questions, track status of change requests. It is great!

Pros

Everything. But to pick just one - the browser extension captures a screen shot of the exact place you want to document a change for.

Cons

I really can't come up with anything because I really do love this platform. I have nothing to complain about.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Wowee! What fabulous feedback Ashley. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you love our product. We're excited to keep up the work to ensure it continues to be your favourite tool for collecting client feedback and tracking bugs.

Ricky J.
Industry: Computer Software

I don't remember how I did this without BugHerd

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Now that I've used BugHerd, I don't think there's any going back. It's incredibly simple and effective.

Pros

I love how simple it is to add the tag to a development site and send this to an account manager or client and collaborate with them in real time.

Cons

I didn't like that the columns in the "kanban board" view were fixed, but they've since changed that and I don't have a single complaint about the product.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Hi Ricky, wow a 10/10 review really means a lot to us! Thank you so much, we are so glad you hear you've been enjoying the updates to our product.

Get Em!

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/11/12

Pros

Finally, something that allows you to track bugs and issues without having to hunt them down or wait to be informed of them.

Cons

Minor irritations that are based on personal preference rather than an actual issue.

Andrew M.
Industry: Internet

Get BugHerd and never get another bug list over email.

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Love it! We use it every day.

Pros

Clients and team love using this tool. It’s easy to figure out and use for everyone.

Cons

No way to see items assigned to you across all projects.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Hi Andrew, thank you so much for your amazing 10/10 review! Your feedback is being heard by our team as we continue to make BugHerd better for you, your team and your clients.

Štefan S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very handy tool in web development

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

vera satisfied and very excited with new features implemented in this handy tool

Pros

Very handy and usefull software that helps organize various tasks during developing a new website. Aditional information collected into specific task are very helpfull for developers, and also captured screenshot and possilibility to add files to task (for example video)

Cons

sometimes its problem to capture screenshots of website.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review for us Stefan! We really appreciate when customers provide this kind of detail in their reviews. We are always actively looking for ways to improve the product so your review has been extremely helpful.

Lee G.
Company size: Self Employed

Best tool for web design

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

I have been using BugHerd for many years and it is simply the best. All of my clients love it and it has simplified the website review process so much. I don't know what I would do without this tool. It is amazing.

Pros

Easy of use and ability to tag the specific spot that needs correcting on websites.

Cons

Sometimes the email notifications don't notify you of new bugs on the site.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Thank you for such a detailed and 10/10 review Lee! We appreciate you taking the time our of your day to give us such excellent feedback.

Katie G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great software that makes the website revision process a breeze

Reviewed on 2017/04/17

Great software that helps collaborate on developing (or developed) websites! We put our websites on a staging link for our internal teams and for the customer to review before pushing it to the main URL. BugHerd compliments this well by giving us one place to "herd" our "bugs" and assign to the correct person or team to correct it before the roll out. You can set priority, reorder the comments, assign them or reassign them, change the progress of each bug, and watch as progress is made on correcting (and double check) the reported isssues. This is easy to use, easy for anyone to pick-up quickly, and much easier than trying to type out changes in a document. You can pinpoint a spot on any page of the website that you're referencing and it even attaches a screenshot in case there is variance between browsers, which does happen. Great product that makes the revision process go quickly and smoothly.

Pros

Easy to use and SO helpful with screenshots for easy bug

Cons

Have to sign up individually and have to download the program for each website used

Ted B.
Industry: E-Learning

BugHerd

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Very positive: great product; great team.

Pros

The ability to tie a bug directly to a course page; the browser extension; automatic screenshots; discussions; the new ability add/rename swimlanes.

Cons

We'd like to be able to group individual courses in Canvas (each with a unique URL) into the same BH project: currently unable to do so. The annotation feature for screenshots is a bit primitive. Want to be able to edit link URLs in case page names (and therefore URLs) change after a bug is logged.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Thank you so much for the fabulous review Ted. We really appreciate you taking the time to give such excellent feedback. We're dedicated to making BugHerd better and better for you to use for tracking and managing bugs.

Industry: Internet

Fantastic QA reporting and tracking tool!

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

There are many great things about Bugherd!
- Ticket QA items directly in the browser while view the application in question
- Tickets automatically populate reproduction environments and provide screenshots
- Tickets are automatically sorted into a board, where users can begin working on them

Cons

- There is no way to limit visibility of bugherd for certain users (i.e. if you want to add a client, they will see everything).
- Integrating bugherd with other project management tools would be extremely valuable.

Nick S.
Industry: Graphic Design

Take the guesswork out of website edits

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/08/12

We use it for QA on all of our websites, both for our internal teams and clients.

Pros

Internal and external stakeholders can mark directly on the page of a website any edits or bugs. No more taking screen shots and marking them up, or trying to read hand-written notes, or even worse decipher email feedback. All tasks are marked in the backend, in a task board.

Cons

Doesn't work very well on mobile. Also could use some approval levels within the software.

Response from Macropod Software

Thank you Nick, we appreciate your feedback and we are so glad to hear we're helping making your QA process easier. I have passed your feedback on to our dev team in regards to the mobile functionality. Cheers for being an awesome BugHerd customer.

Timothy M.

Great tool for website design and modifications

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

I used this tool with a website design team - the entire project was completed remotely. BugHerd allowed us to bypass the need for email and lengthy explanations of changes that I wanted to see while in the design process. Instead, I could click on the exact thing I wanted changed and add commentary to that piece. It also served to manage tasks. As the team made the changes, they could check them off. If they were unclear, they could message with me on that task to gain clarity.

Overall, this was a great, simple, powerful tool that streamlined providing feedback to my web design team.

Megan S.
Company size: Self Employed

Simple and efficient way to flag dev. errors

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Pros

BugHerd makes it really simple for multiple members of a team to go through a new site, flag any errors and assign someone to address them. Because it is so user-friendly, people outside of the dev team can provide feedback as well.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to select the exact area that you're trying to comment on. Can be a bit laggy at times.

Response from Splitrock Studio

We are so pleased you find BugHerd so easy and efficient to use, thank you for the great feedback.

Mark B.
Industry: Internet

A no-brainer purchase for any agency or development team

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

A pleasure to use. Easy to install and use and it makes QA testing a delight.

Pros

It removes any ambiguity about bugs and feature requests. Being able to annotate a comment directly on a live / staging website, is a huge perk and something that I now cannot live without.

Cons

The lack of customizable columns in their kanban-style layout is a pity. Not a deal breaker, but our agency workflow does not follow a 'backlog', 'doing', 'done', 'closed' workflow and we end up having to have internal discussions about what 'backlog' actually represents in our own workflow. Would be great to rename these columns and have more/less of them.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Thank you so much for your fantastic review Mark! Your feedback is how we continue to improve. You'll be pleased to hear that custom columns are on their way, stay tuned!

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Fast bug tracking for bulk bugs, with slow development of new features

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

I've been using BugHerd for around 3 years now on large scale web projects, often with 500-2000 bugs reported throughout the project life. I've recently tested all of the key bug tracking tools available for website development, and BugHerd is hands down, still the fastest and most useful tool for bug reporting with a useful user area for bug management.

The tool could be so much better though if the dev team behind it invested some more time and resources to make bulk bug management and integrations better.

Pros

Fast bug reporting with easy to set tags, users and descriptions.

Easy to filter user area with kanban columns, search and the ability to go click on a bug and be anchored to a pin in the bugs location on your website.

No need to install code for each website you test.

Cons

The development team is very slow to update and make changes to BugHerd. BugHerd is lacking bulk select features, and their connections to third party tools with better backend management aren't up to scratch.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Thank you for your fabulous review. We're glad to hear you're still a fan of the product. Rest assured we are working on some fantastic new updates that you'll definitely appreciate in 2020.

Phillip Q.

Nice UI. Not compatible with responsive websites, however

Reviewed on 2018/02/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Easy for the client to log bugs and to view details about the bug without having to go back to the client to ask more questions and it automatically takes a screenshot from the client's computer when logging the bug.

Pros

I like the nicely designed UI which allows you to use drag and drop mouse movements to move jobs from in progress to completed etc.
I like how you can comment on items and how the client can respond. You can see the client's browser, OS and screen size automatically so you don't need to ask the client themselves!

Cons

When the client logs a bug in a responsive view and you load the bug task in a full desktop view, hidden mobile elements that aren't available in the desktop view are also hidden. It's not easy to know they are talking about the mobile view without manually checking the screen resolution every time you view a new bug.
The extra client details are only accessible if the client installs the BugHerd browser plugin.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Gary S.
Industry: Program Development

Essential Tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

Pros

Integration was very easy and it's easy for my clients to use. We use Bugherd for all bug reporting and most feature requests.

Cons

I can't think of anything that could be improved.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Hi Gary, wow thank you for a 10/10 review! We couldn't be happier to hear you can't think of any improvements.

However, we will continue to make updates that ensure your workflow for bug tracking and collecting client feedback becomes easier and easier! Thanks again.

Jo ann D.

Improves efficiency

Great

Pros

Improves efficiency and productivity. Keeps everyone on track.

Cons

Limited integration. I wish there's trello integration. :)

Response from Splitrock Studio

Thank you so much for a 10/10 review Jo Ann! We really appreciate you taking the time and love hearing that BugHerd improves the efficiency and productivity of your team. We'll certainly take your integration feedback on board, stay tuned for our regular product updates.

Genevieve M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great Project Management Tool!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Bugherd ensures that there is little to no miscommunication on task changes or issues. It's an easy to use tool that can be picked up and understood by almost anyone.

Pros

Easily review projects with internal teams as well as clients The front end application of a point and click directly onto the issue or change makes it easy to follow and track. The back end Kanban can be easily manipulated to show important tasks and order tasks in priorities.

Cons

It can be a bit buggy on the front end of the software, with task notifications dropping off or shifting positions.

Response from Splitrock Studio

Huge thank you for the review Genevieve. We're happy to hear that BugHerd has eased your feedback process internally and externally. We have passed on your feedback to the dev team in regards to the notifications, thank you so much for flagging it. We are always on the lookout for ways to improve the product so your review has been extremely helpful.

Dealdiane D.
Industry: Graphic Design

Great for client and QA collaboration

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/05/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This is a great tool for when you want clients and quality assurance testers to be able to mark items that needs attention.

Cons

Needs more (built-in) integration with major bug tracking softwares. Marker can sometimes point to a wrong location but screenshots can also be taken when creating an issue as a solution to that

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10