MedEvolve

Scheduling & patient management for specialty practitioners

Cydni S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I work with MedEvolve every day!

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

I love this program. I have been using it for almost five years now! The scheduling is super easy. Creating new patients and searching for existing patients is a breeze. I work in the control function mostly posting charges for all the doctors, and I feel that it is very user friendly. They have great customer service...any time I have any trouble I always get a quick response via email or a phone call from really nice representatives.

Cons

Every once in a while the check eligibility function on insurances freezes up and I get knocked out of MedEvolve and have to log back in, but other than that I don't have any major issues/cons with this product!

Sydney F.

MedEvolve is user friendly

Reviewed on 2021/01/10

Its been great. They have some very knowledgeable employees, who are very helpful with issues and special needs.

Pros

This software is user friendly especially for new employees. Easy input of patient data, charges and payments. Good basic monthly reports. I like the claims edits prior to releasing claims for processing.

Cons

Special reports are not easy to put together, though once in you can easily modify them.
Sometimes claims go thru without referring doctors after screening to send out.

Melissa J.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Could use some improvement...

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Overall, a good product!

Pros

It helps our office organize appointments for multiple doctors. I love how they added the color change feature to the insurance when it's active (green) or inactive (red.) Very easy to spot a bad insurance from the scheduler.

Cons

It freezes up on me sometimes and kicks me out. I wish it would organize fee schedules for each carrier so we could calculate estimates for patients immediately instead of having an off-site benefits verifier...

Melody M.

It isn't as user friendly as other systems I've worked on, but overall it is a decent program

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

Electronic posting is easy and takes seconds. Reports from electronic posting are immediately available and easy to access.

Cons

Issues with the system not billing tertiary insurance have been brought up several times and not resolved. Reporting isn't user friendly at all and difficult to navigate between different reporting capabilities and get consistent numbers.

Pat E.

GREAT.

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Pros

Input is user friendly
It's easy to manuver between the patient acccounts, tables and applications without opening/closing

Cons

1. Need more user flexibility in generating custom reports vs having to submit a request get a quote - sometimes it is a time sensitive issue
2. Lack of user's ability to add claim rules that may apply to specific healthplans
3. Issues with modifying appointment templates

Donna W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Overall I'm pleased with the service.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

VERY, user friendly, easy to navigate and train others to use daily, easy to add, change, or update patients information.

Cons

Statements to patients are not easy to read, patients are constantly complaining that they cannot see the payments that they made.

Scott M.

There has been a lot of issues

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

Easy user friendly, most are very quick to learn would have liked a little more training when we started.

Cons

lOTS OF ISSUES, constant updates that seem to make the system worse. Lots of things we where never shown with the system.

Lena B.

Good program although a little sluggish for the cost

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Ease of use compared to others

Pros

Great features, it really does a lot for you! But you need enough training
Uses for all persons in the team, probably best for large users, we are a small practice so we do not have enough people for all tasks etc.

Cons

Slowness and sluggishness are a problem right now... It was not always so...
The support team "ticket" system is a pain!

Diana G.

Works well for our expanding clinic.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

I am responsible for training employees to use MedEvolve in our clinic. This program is extremely easy to teach/learn, no matter previous computer experience.

Cons

I am still being told MedEvolve they can not do an update to their system to hide errors or outdated information (i.e., insurance plans that assimilate continuously, duplicate referring physician profiles, etc). We do review new systems that come out to stay current on what is on the market and, while MedEvolve remains our choice, every other system we have looked at is able to perform this service. Our system is full of errors that I can not hide from the user group to keep them from choosing wrong information.

Jeannie H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

A good PM program that has the potential to be even better.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

When the support staff answers the tech support line. Can usually get an immediate resolution to an issue. Which is extremely important.

Cons

No longer having Word/Excel capabilities was a huge mistake in my opinion. The custom reporting capability is still very limited & most times extremely difficult to set up a report. Too many different areas to determine if where should try making a report from. Reports, Account Analysis or Data Mining.

Barbara H.

I've been using this system for almost 7 years & I love that it is easy to learn & use!

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

A working knowledge of billing - posting - of patient charges- Insurance payments -Patient payments!

Pros

That when there is an issue - help is just a phone call or an email away. The support team is always willing to go the extra mile to help with any situations even when it is an IT issue or our EMR is the culprit. The support team again is great-they explain and teach and help - they deserve a GOLD star.

Cons

That we have to have 2 systems ie:EMR. It is very frustrating to have to work within two different systems and unfortunately the EMR we have is going away so we will no longer have medevolve in a few months.

Nicole S.

MedEvolve is very user friendly and easy to understand!

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

I am easily able to process hundreds of charges on a daily basis to maintain the revenue flow for our practice.

Pros

I love how easy it is to operate and navigate through the system! The ease of generating reports (including data mining) is greatly appreciated!

Cons

My one thing I don't really care for is that when I have charges in my inbound queue I cannot always attach them to pull through...I have to do a manual post to make sure the charges attach to the right line item.

Stacy M.

MedEvolve is fairly easy to learn and use

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Easier to do my job

Pros

very visual and easy to understand, many different ways to do the same functions so you can use your own preferences and are not stuck using just one way of working

Cons

I feel like I could use more hot keys so the mouse isn't used so much on everything. No other issues I have come across.

Cynthia P.

MedEvovle

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

I like the ease of the charge posting and case management for different body parts that we in the ortho practice need to be able to specify.

Cons

My least favorite part of this software would be the use of AR table. Once you go into view an account you have to reset your parameters all over. Also account analysis was built to run more specific reports, however I feel the more specific you get the report comes back with nothing after several minutes of loading.

Toby H.

Changes have been made so it's taking some getting used to.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

The software is no problem. It's very user-friendly and easy to learn. It shows up in red anything you forgot to put in that's needed to be what the software is designed for. We have had newly come on board that has picked up learning it within a days time with my problem.

Cons

Software is not a problem. I just like being able to call and talk to someone instead of waiting on a reply from an email.

Eric D.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Simple to work with. Integration with Phoenix does not always work well.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

User interface is easy for end users to understand
User creation and administration is easy to use and teach to others

Cons

Does not integrate with Phoenix flawlessly, There are times where support intervention is required to get schedules to properly sync into phoenix

Robyn C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

have been with MedEvolve for many years, support has changed greatly since the beginning years.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

before going with MedEvolve we did all our claims on paper and kept paper ledgers for statement purposes. Looked at several software systems back in 2002 and MedEvolve was the easiest to use and reports were many

Pros

ease of use - billing software is very good and easy to learn. Appointment scheduling pretty good, don't like the new changes though

Cons

reports can be a little tricky- lost a report due to an update that I have used since day 1 - sent an email 3/13/17, case 96021, and no one has ever gotten back with me ??? Also had someone working on an issue with an appointment type not transferring to GMed a month ago and still not resolved

Sharon M.

Operator friendly

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

I used the system for almost 6 years before our company opted for another software. To say the least, I'm disappointed in the friendliness of the new software. It is a huge learning curve and we have to log into their server first, then log in again for the actual program. Once in the systemt there are two window to manipulate to use the system. I'm not sure what we're doing!

Pros

System prompts you to the next field, one window to work from. I like the multiview window. Thanks!

Cons

No cons for me! I didn't use the biling part of the system, so I'm not much help there. I used account info, prescription and schedule.

Tl P.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Good product for revenue cycle management

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Pros

Web enabled product and easy to use. We use their billing module only for revenue cycle management. They do have a robust scheduling and analytics module

Cons

The documentation module doesn't have the necessary functionalities to meet the CMS requirements for outpatient rehab clinics.

Jennifer W.

I think it's functional but its UI could be improved to feel more 2018.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

It is pretty simple and self explanatory. Posting charges is quick and to the point. Doesn't crash often.

Cons

I don't like the cases. I don't like how we have so many cases with so many body parts and I want to condense them but MedEvolve doesn't let me delete them.

Sheri S.

Great Program

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Having a great support team makes it so easy. If there is a problem or question, they are very helpful and quick to respond.

Pros

Very user friendly. Support is exceptional

Cons

Nothing. I have 0 complaints and we have used this program for about 4 years