BOSSDesk

BOSSDesk a FrontRunner in Help Desk Software

Russ

BOSS is on point

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Working with BOSS is great. The product is solid and support is fantastic. I appreciate how responsive they are to customer suggestions and that they engage with us personally to make sure we understand new features and functionality as it is added.

Pros

The software does exactly what we need. Great ticketing system, combined with very good inventory control tools. Very robust reporting.
My favorite aspect of working with BOSS is the fact that they remain flexible in adding features and functionality based in customer feedback and do so relatively quickly.

Cons

Have no concerns - it meets our needs perfectly.

Ben
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Always can find new ways to leverage BossDesk to do more.

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

BossDesk is providing us with a solid ticketing system. The additional features like being able to turn emails into tickets makes this product very useful.

Pros

The software is easy to use and allows you to create customizable service requests, which has proven to be VERY helpful. There are a lot of features associated with BossDesk that allow you to feed into the application with email or Google, and this has proven to be a game changer for us. We can create a "comment" in a Google doc and use the Boss postbox feature to create a ticket off of this comment. We also can have a piece of IT equipment email a ticket into Boss when there is an outage. There are a lot of little integrations like these two examples that extend the usefulness of the application.

Cons

BossDesk has a dashboard with widgets that display ticket counts and allows you to open a view of those tickets - I wish it could use "custom" fields from the service requests to create dashboard items. Also, management would like to see more reporting features. All in all, still not too much downside to BossDesk.

Ganesh

BOSSDesk ITSM Solution

Reviewed on 2021/11/22

Overall, BOSSDesk is good tool to manage tickets and multiple customers. SLA customisation is really handy.

Pros

Ease of use and configuration. It is easy to manage tickets, users and agents in the solution.

Cons

Support provided by the vendor is not up to the mark and requires improvement. Moreover certain features are missing/needs improvement. Reporting needs to be improved a lot as the reports are broken

Debbi

Latest Version Soars!

Reviewed on 2021/11/17

BOSS is essential to helping our department work with customers and keep track of inventory and issues. With the latest update, a necessary but not efficient experience has become very speedy and we can flip through tickets and searches with ease

Pros

Helpdesk ticket management allows us to assign and track individual and project tickets with ease
Asset management and inventory help us to easily keep track of our inventory for ticket and audit purposes
The latest version speeds the whole thing up so much more

Cons

Older version was slow and flipping between pages took a long time

Joseph

Great Ticketing System

Reviewed on 2023/05/11

We have been using BOSS for over 10 years and love the consist improvements the BOSS team is always making. They provide great customer service!

Pros

Love the ease of use and easy to understand interface.

Cons

There is nothing we are not happy with, if we are unhappy with anything the BOSS teams helps us fix the issue or helps us with custom work.

LeDon

Software Review

Reviewed on 2023/05/11

BOSSDesk is an overall great product it makes life easy with tracking my inventory, and making life easy creating and closing tickets.

Pros

I love when I join a pc to the domain BOSS grabs that pc and its information like the serial, model, & etc

Cons

With the app rapid scan doesn't like regular barcodes its hard to scan them

Aaron

BOSSDesk

Reviewed on 2022/11/15

BOSS is a fantastic company that cares about their customers. The are fast to respond and supportive of our requests. One of the easiest relationships we have with a vendor.

Pros

The Company behind it. We have had this product for over 15 years. Any time we have a product need or suggestion we only have to reach out and they listen to our requests. Within a short period of time we find our request available in the product

Cons

None so far, I have nothing to report in this field, but it is mandatory :/

Jordan

BossDesk Ticketing system

Reviewed on 2023/11/29

Pros

I like it's simple to use interface, it does not have clunky features that are difficult to use and makes the use easy for those putting in tickets.

Cons

Some features are missing, but not much of a con because they open a ticket with development to create it.

John

BOSSDesk fills our needs

Reviewed on 2023/11/29

Pros

Love the ticket structure. Tracking and archiving.

Cons

Tracking of assets could be improved upon.

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

It is simple to place work orders and look at history by customer.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Simplicity of submitting and reviewing work orders and queues, seeing subordinate work orders under master work orders

Cons

Data Report building and lack of ease of customization without Administrative access, slowness of viewing different screens.

Allan
  • Industry: Higher Education

Awesome product and support staff.

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

We use this awesome product to manage our IT support processes to support all our employee needs.

Pros

BOSS is comprehensive and suits our environment. We like it so much I wish our organization could use some of the features to replace functions but we are prohibited and must use our in house products.

Support staff and development teams are very interactive and eager to and constantly improving the product.

Cons

Nothing. I'm all in on this one. It is so diverse I don't think we will every utilize it all but who knows.

bryan
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Long time BOSS user

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

I have been a BOSS user since the only product was DAIGwin. I have used the BOSS software at several locations and on several jobs. Each time I can honestly say that when an idea was presented from the user community, BOSS listened ad tried to implement the changes necessary to keep their software evolving.

Pros

We implemented the helpdesk software several years ago. it has always been user friendly and the changes that have been made along the way have helped our organization.

Cons

I am not sure that I have anything that I like least.

Joedy

One of the Best Helpdesk and asset management software packages I've used

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

We have been a Boss customer for about a year and a half now. The software works as advertised and the Support for the product is phenomenal. No matter what we want or need changed or ask, it is promptly taken care of and handled with professionalism. I cant say enough about customer support as they are always responsive and open to new ideas and concepts on improving the product not just for us but all their customers. Our ideas and needs are always considered seriously and we have seen the product evolve and change to meet whatever needs we may have as well as anticipate future needs.

Pros

Ease of use and customization

Cons

Reporting is a little less than inspiring but has definitely improved and the new version coming looks much better in this regard

Kathy

Great!!!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Inventory Management

Inventory Management

Pros

The software is customer and user friendly and love the fact that custom fields can be added.
I would recommend BOSS software to any business or local government that need to gain control of managing tickets and managing their inventory.

Cons

Routing rules for groups and teams take time to learn. The need to fully understand BOSS and how to utilize the software for reports etc. need to be more hands on.

Gus
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

BOSS has been a great addition to our Help-Desk team, we love this application.

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Keeping track and record of all my help-desk tickets, it helps the team go back and search the database for resolved issues, the team works fater and better organized.

Pros

The application is super easy to use, easy to customize and they are always available to assist with any issues.

Cons

The reporting needs improvement, it can be a little confusing creating your reports, a better mobile app would be a plus and also workflow approval process.

Phil

Decent Ticketing and Asset management system

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Pros

I dig the ticketing search and the ability to run reports off the the inventory, that is very helpful. The Dell API integration for warranty and system info is also very nice.

Cons

I wish that it's speed was a little better, that might be partially due to the VM that it's on and I plan on bumping it up when I have resources available.

Andrea

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use. Not only for the administrators, but the end users as well.

Cons

I am currently satisfied with how the software is working, it has met our needs allowing the IT department to provide services to the other departments.

Mahir

Boss Asset Management

Reviewed on 2016/12/05

Great product for managing your inventory and assets. Wonderful features offered through it for the customers, and most of all Fantastic Tech Support and guidance in making it work for you from the Boss Organization.

Pros

Ease of use and variety of features offered

Cons

does not provide a solution for all circumstances but which product does

• Industry: Libraries

The easiest system to setup based on your company needs

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

I like the interaction you get with the software, the fact that you can customized the icons, and also the support you receive

Cons

very basic input, needs more additions. for example project management, incident manage, and change management.

Whitney

Our Solution was BOSS

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

I am satisfied with the BOSS ticketing system, asset management, and ease of use. We have begun using electronic forms and it has made our every day work life a lot easier.

Cons

Have no cons - it meets our needs perfectly.

Brian
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 2023/03/13

Overall Positive

Overall Positive

Pros

Customization and organization

Cons

At times it the UI could seem a bit crowded.

Ahsan

Best ITSM Platform for the pricing

Reviewed on 2022/11/15

Pros

Ease of use, reporting, tickets routing, and escalation

Cons

None of the features are irrelevant to me

Humberto
  • Industry: Banking

BossDesk Review

Reviewed on 2023/03/06

Pros

The product is easy to use compared to Matrix42 that another company I used to work from.

Cons

Would like a feature when users start creating tickets, they get a list of Knowledge Base articles that they it might help them.

Paul

For what I use the software for, it has the most robust feature set that I have seen.

Reviewed on 2017/05/22

Pros

I like the ability to keep track of, and access user systems from within the software. It has made my job immeasurably easier.

Cons

The reporting structure could be more user friendly. It is fairly difficult to use the wizard to create reports.

Chris
  • Industry: Utilities

Effective in both cost and functionality

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Generations ahead of TrackIT (our solution before Boss Solutions). This has allowed our company to add some real accountability and proper incident hand-off among our team members.

Pros

Managed work flows. Automated ticket routing. Easier visibility to work flows, accountability, and assets.

Cons

Only how ready your organization is to accept any change but that is not a failing of the software.