My Hours

Time tracking on projects and tasks for small teams

Diane
Diane

My Hours for client work

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Pros

The web-based version of My Hours is very easy to use. I like that I can track my time by client and by project. I use the free version and it meets almost all my needs. The website is fast, easy to navigate, and provides me the flexibility I need in tracking my billable hours.

Cons

While the majority of my time is tracked on the web-based version, I do have the mobile version loaded on my phone. However, I have found it lacking in features and flexibility. Also, I create reports each month so I can create my client invoices, and the time sheets cannot be formatted with decimal time. In all fairness, this might be a feature in their paid subscriptions, but I don't need the majority of their paid features, so I will stay with the free version and convert the times to decimal separately.

Richard

Time will tell.

Reviewed on 2021/10/29

I use MyHours every day. It keeps me sane. It stops we overworking or underworking. It also gives me the power to assess individual areas of my business, life, and projects so I can fine tune and not live in la la land when it comes to understanding how long creative projects (and non-creative for that matter) actually take. Critical when it comes to pricing projects and determining the right fee level.

Pros

You can copy from the previous week so you don't have to rebuild your timesheet.

Cons

That it didn't have this until recently! You can see your whole week spread of projects, tasks, and time and edit the whole lot with an overview of everything.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

I was cost-cutting and bootstrapping a new business and wanted a simple entry-level way to keep track. MyHours offered that and then some.

Harvest

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

Price. MyHours is much better value overall.
Juliette
  • Industry: Design

Buggy but does what it needs to

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Pros

It lets me record time for multiple team members on multiple projects for multiple clients. I like the stop/start timer function, as well as the option to input the start/stop times manually, or even JUST input the number of minutes spent.

Cons

Recently the reporting functionality was changed and now it has become more difficult to pull a report on a single client's hours and projects. You have to pull a FULL report of everything and parse through each section to find what you are looking for. MUCH preferred how this feature worked BEFORE. Preferred the graphics, the circle charts to the bar graphs as well.

Overall the software is often buggy and mis-records hours if you use the timer function, sometimes adding an additional 24 hours into the time period.

Response from Spica

Hi Juliette,

thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it!

Please contact us at [email protected] to help you with the new reporting. It is still possible to download the report in the same way as before.

Best wishes,

Jeannie
  • Industry: Accounting

Best time tracker for solopreneurs!

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Absolutely love My Hours & have for years! I am a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and have a free TSheets account, and have used many different time trackers over the years, I prefer My Hours. If I had a team I might need the features of TSheets, but since it's just me, My Hours is perfect, and free. I love the simplicity and it gives me everything I need. Love the dashboard that shows me my average billable hours per day, and my average hourly rate. I've set up projects/tasks for unbillable time as well as billable, so the dashboard is invaluable in showing me how productive my time is.

Pros

Free version has everything I need without a bunch of things I don't. Love the dashboard!

Cons

Can't remove unused columns, such as status & invoiced, from activity report

QuickBooks Time and Harvest

Reasons for Choosing My Hours

TSheets is overkill for what I need & complicated to use. I love the simplicity of My Hours, and even the free version has everything I need.

QuickBooks Time

Free, and ease of use
Brian

Flexible, Simple Time tracking

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

As a freelancer, my ongoing success depends on my ability to get paid for my work. As such, an accurate and flexible time tracking software is quite possibly the most critical software function in my business. I cannot accurately bill my clients without it. My Hours does everything I need it to do, and is in an easy to use and functional format with a clean, uncluttered interface. It's become an indispensable tool for me.

Pros

There was very little learning curve. I had changed to My Hours from an old tracking software from another vendor (which I had used for many years) and was initially concerned that I would lose productivity when switching to the new software. But I was wrong. I was up and running in less than an hour.

Once I got it running, I quickly realized that it was more flexible than the old software I had been using and would enable me to do everything I was accustomed to doing with the old software but with none of the problems that drove me to change. It's been a painless and seamless change to using My Hours.

Cons

At first the user interface took some getting used to, and some of the features were in unfamiliar or unintuitive places, but that quickly became a non-issue for me. And the company is always making incremental improvements.

David
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

great fit for a great price

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

assisting greatly with our monthly invoicing and monitoring of staffs productivity

Pros

Usually time recording systems, when geared at accountants and solicitors, cost a fortune. This product is simple, and cost effective and has helped us increase our billing by approximately 10 - 15% percent each month, which far outweighs the cost. It helps us identify fixed fee clients who need a review as their business has expanded and the reports from my hours can be used to assist with justification of increases,

Cons

Up until recently, the exporting of large volume of data was very slow, and frequently crashed the system, however the way the reports are prepared has changed and is now working super. e.g. show me all time spent on a client for the last 12 month by all staff.

Response from Spica

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! It is very exciting to hear that My Hours has helped you increase your billing by 10 - 15%, this is awesome!

Thank you for your feedback on the speed of reporting as well, we are glad that the changes were this effective.

All the best,

David

Suits My Needs

Reviewed on 2022/07/29

I am happy I went with My Hours after spending a lot of time reviewing other small business accounting software/online services, nothing gave me the flexibility and control I wished for -- then I stumbled upon My Hours after a lot of frustration with others My Hours fits my needs better than anything else I have come across.

Pros

I like the activity review - you can see any aspect of a project and spot any missing elements. It's easy to customize reports. It enables clients and myself to see the big picture of where things are at (costs). I prefer to generate my own invoices manually since they need to be customized to the job and client. So My Hours allows me to see scope of a project and what needs to be billed etc. at any time.

Cons

A little difficult to customize, and some aspects need more flexibility. I tend to have to repeat some things often...

Anna

Even the free version is excellent

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

The free version is easy to navigate and lets me track all my hours and export them into an attractive, well organized spreadsheet.

Pros

I've used the free version to track my hours for four years and have found it very helpful. I can easily split my time among various tasks - and then bill appropriately. The interface is self explanatory. Sometimes I start the clock to record in real time. Sometimes I go back and enter past work. I run a report at the end of the week and download my hours to send to my respective employers. It's all very easy to operate.

Cons

I haven't found a way to reallocate past time by combining tasks.

Bonnie
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Great Project Tracking Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

When I started this position three years ago it was a brand new position. My manager wanted me to track the amount of time I spent on different projects so we could better define the role. I tried a few different things before I found My Hours, and I've been using it ever since. I love it! (And so does she! In our last meeting she said she wished everyone in the department kept track of their time with My Hours!)

Pros

The ability to keep track of the hours I spend on all the different projects I work on for my department.

Cons

The reports. When I print them as PDF the page sometimes breaks across the charts. I'd like to be able to set my own page breaks.

Response from Spica

Hi Bonnie,

thank you for your kind review and valuable feedback.

Thanks,

Veronica
Veronica
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I use the free version, and I love it

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Because I work from home, I could not keep track of how much time I was actually putting in on the job. With constant interruptions from children, pets, and spouse, I felt that I was working 8 hours, but I was only getting about 2 hours work done. With this program, I was able to give my family a visual report about how much time I was actually getting to work at one time. Once they understood how their interruptions were interfering with my workday, they were more understanding of my time and started backing off during work hours.

Pros

I can track my hours according to client, project, and task. I can create reports based on days, weeks, or months or based on client, project, or task. If I need a report that I cannot figure out how to create, I can download all the data to my hard drive and fiddle with it in Excel.

I love this software because I can do almost everything I need to do with a keyboard shortcut. My favorite thing, though, is the ease with which it tracks my hours and lets me know how much time I spent actually working today.

Cons

Some of the reports are difficult to figure out how to create, though I do usually get there eventually. Also, I don't have a way to sort according to the Notes, so I had to create separate tasks for each chapter, so I'd know how much time I was spending on specific chapters.

Melanie

Super Time Tracker! Free version is awesome

Reviewed on 2022/07/27

Very useful with extra features; showing percentages of where I spend time, tracking expenses like mileage. Meets all my main goals

Pros

The free version first, but I like how you can create categories then make notes specifically for the time you spent as well as add expenses. It's also very helpful to report out to my board where I'm spending my time and I can put it into a pie chart with percentages, which is so helpful when sending this data to our bookkeepers.

Cons

Having to use the ":" when entering hours and the terms used aren't intuitive, like I always fumble around trying to pick the right report I want or to set up new categories.

Abrielle
  • Industry: Media Production

Reliable & Organized Time Tracking Software!

Reviewed on 2022/07/27

Pros

My Hours is super easy to view, learn, and use. Clocking in and clocking out as a way of tracking time is easy, or time can be manually logged with a project name and description about the work done. The Reports generated by the system are well-organized, easy to read, and are easy to send to show time worked.

Cons

It seems like some of my projects are billed at different rates even though I’ve changed the rate and set it to be from the beginning

Melanie
  • Industry: Accounting

Some very good bits & 1 or 2 niggles

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Our old time recording system ceased to be supported so we had to find a new one. We looked at lots of alternatives and ran a new one for almost a year but it was dreadful. Lots of systems want to manage your whole practice rather than just log time so finding My Hours was a real relief. We run it alongside Xero and our CRM both of which we didn’t want to change. Apart from niggles as above this has been a great system for us.

Pros

It’s great to be able to log time as you work, whether in the office or in the move. I’m sure being easy to do so means we capture more chargeable hours than we did using our old (very annoying) system.

Cons

Overall this is a great product but I have a few niggles which I hope might get sorted out. I don’t like that time is logged to the second rather than whole minutes or nearest 5 minutes - it makes us look money grabbing. Not being able to set up a new chargeable project without having to go into a more detailed screen is annoying and no longer having a link back to the time record from a time report is slowing us down. I don’t like the time report layout as you have to look for the client name and project name - our old original system included a header with this detail which made for better client presentation.

Dani
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Good f

Reviewed on 2022/02/10

I use Myhours even though I have changed jobs and work at a place that does have and require use of an official time keeping app. But I can't have a live clock going as I work. So I still use my hours as I go about the week to record time and then enter it into the other app

Pros

I started using Myhours when I worked in a small NGO that didn't have their own time management system. I found My hours accessible (I used it myself and wasn't paid for by the company so it was great that the free version had all the basic functions), and intuitive It was easy to create a new task if you needed to without spending a long time setting it up, it was convenient to just turn the clock on and off as you went and reporting functions were good as I could create an activity report and email it to payroll quickly..

Cons

Honestly I only have two things I didn't like. Firstly the occasional bugs where sometimes time doesn't get recorded or won't stop when I click on stop. But this hasn't happened in a while so that's good. The other is that It seems I can no longer get an activity report in excel format downloaded in the free version. I understand you want to limit the free version, but given that was available before I found it a bit inconvenient suddenly.

Michael

Generally excellent; Came closest to suiting my needs

Reviewed on 2021/07/22

My Hours is far-and-away the best fit I have found for my particular requirements. Competing products that I looked at were extremely bloated with inadequate task and project management. The interface is clean and functional and not weighted down with features I would never use. It is difficult to find a site (app?) for a given purpose that hasn't tried to be everything to everybody. My Hours has focused their attention on time logging and has done it extremely well (at least for my particular use case).

Pros

Time logging itself is extremely easy to use and the interface suits the way I want to use it well. Support is excellent and they always address my questions and suggestions in a very timely fashion. Their focus is on time logging and the service is not cluttered with features I will never use.

Cons

My work is predominately freelance. I get paid through quite a few different channels and frequently have to log my time again in other systems. My Hours is a little too designed towards being the inclusive source for invoicing. Generating reports of all time worked for a given client so that I can provide an activity report is a bit cumbersome and unfortunately, I do not completely trust their accuracy as filter options often reset themselves and there were issues early on when certain activity was excluded without it being clear that it was. To their credit though they have continually worked on the reports and they are much better.

Lori

Best Hours Tracking Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

I use it as an independent contractor to bill clients. I also use it as an employee to track my time to enter into a "bad" time tracking system.

Pros

I like how easy it to use but has features to do custom reporting.
It's always available, in 2+ years I've used it, it's always up.
I totally rely on it to track hours and there has never been a hiccup.
I like how it keeps tracking hours even after I shutdown my browser because I know when I stopped working and it keeps tracking even if I don't have my browse up. I love how I can edit tasks and make adjustments easily.

Cons

Sometimes when I go back to previous day, it might not refresh properly. The case is when I worked a Sunday in the past, but go back to Sunday in current week, it shows hours from previous week. I can do a force refresh but that takes me back to current day. I work around it by scrolling backwards past the weekend days, and then scroll forward. It refreshes and the data is correct. That's really the only issue I have ever encountered.

Response from Spica

Hi Lori,

Thanks for taking the time to review our solution! We appreciate your input and staying with us for so long!

The glitch that you mentioned will be fixed with the next big upgrade in the following months.

Kind regards,

Steve
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

An essential tool for capturing time, saving time during billing

Reviewed on 2021/10/31

Pros

Situation: We are a 19-year-old public relations agency with multiple clients and an extraordinary range and number of projects. Our last time tracking system’s company closed. We researched available replacement options and decided to give My Hours a try based on their free trail period. Less than a week into the trial period, we knew My Hours was what we wanted.
Advantages:
1) We capture more time and more easily. It is so easy to start a time log that we are capturing every action down to tasks requiring only several minutes. This gives us a more accurate accounting of our time – time we could not capture before.

2) Doing company-wide activity reports and sending invoices consumed a full day prior to My Hours. We estimate we are completing activity reports and invoicing in about three hours not eight. And doing so much more simply with less frustration, and with more accurate record keeping in terms of project actions. The My Hours reporting function gives us the information we need in the form we need it in. The first time we relied on My Hours as the basis of reporting our time and project status to clients, it paid for itself.

3) Interestingly and unexpectedly, My Hours gives us a project management tool. Administrators can see the status of projects based on the work of the extended team.

I know there are aspects of My Hours that we have not explored. We look forward to doing so. My Hours is one of our most important productivity tools.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little difficult to find the answer to a question we have. This may be simply part of the learning curve which is pretty shallow. It's easy to use.

Carol

Easy to Use and Full of Features

Reviewed on 2021/11/04

Not a single problem. I've been able to utilize the available info for any questions I've had with complete success. The one email exchange I had with them was responded to quickly and politely.

Pros

As a freelance designer, I needed a way to keep track how much time I was spending on multiple jobs at once. And at different rates. But the feature that sold me on My Hours was the budgeting. I love being able to see at a glance where I am vs what the expectations are. You can budget by price or by time and get visual feedback in a glance.

Additionally, I love the way this program tracks time (in decimal time) - I can simply drop it into my accounting software and it matches up. Plus seeing the additional expenses (like purchased software, stock art, website themes) added in helps me get a much better overall feel for how my little business is doing.

It's so easy to use and I haven't even dug into all that is here yet.

Cons

So far, absolutely nothing is wrong with My Hours. It does exactly what I need and does it well without a bunch of unnecessary frills. I use another program for accounting, but I'm not a big fan of the way the invoicing feature works with My Hours. It is clean and crisp though.

Sabrina
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy and versatile system to use.

Reviewed on 2023/08/08

I am super happy with the system and I appreciate that the developer is always looking to make improvements.

Pros

It is very user friendly and allows me full flexibility with my different charging methods for clients. I love the reporting also. Saves me lots of time.

Cons

I wish I could figure out (myself) how to integrate it with my Quickbooks online.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to My Hours

My accountant recommended it.
Matt
  • Industry: Media Production

My Hours is essential for a freelancer who needs to keep track of time on projects

Reviewed on 2022/07/27

Pros

It has simplified and modernised the process of time tracking on projects for me. Being able to create separate projects and associate them with particular clients helps me quote for future work more effectively and ensure I'm invoicing the correct amount on project completion. Being able to separate specific tasks is also helpful. As a video editor it's very easy to lose track of time on projects, so I wouldn't be without this software moving forward.

Cons

I haven't taken the time to learn about all of the features available so can't say much. However the only thing I would say is the interface does appear a little confusing sometimes, particularly when I'm looking at reports for particular clients. Sometimes I have reports saying projects have billable hours and others don't and I don't really know what I've done to enable this. Maybe that's why I haven't dug deeper as of yet.

April

Simple & Well-Supported

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

I love being able to pull just about any report I can think about. How much $ have I made this year? Which project has dominated my schedule this month? It's fun (and useful) to see this data. I'm also very impressed with My Hours' customer service. They always respond promptly and politely. In the very few times I've reached out regarding a bug, they've provided a workaround, and then fixed the problem immediately. These are REAL people, developing GOOD software!

Pros

The interface is intuitive. When I first started using My Hours 3 years ago, my hopes weren't high because it was so inexpensive. But it does everything I need it to do, and in such a way that I'm not constantly googling "how to" questions or contacting customer support.

Cons

I would love if software this simple could replace quickbooks. But that's not its intent, so I don't expect to see quickbooks-killler features anytime soon. :)

Response from Spica

Hi April,

Thank you for your kind review, it warmed our hearts! :)
It's great to hear you get this much out of our app and your data.

We will not be replacing Quickbooks any time soon, but the integration is on its way! ;)

All the best,

Pamela

I love My Hours and recommend it to my colleagues

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

This tool saves me a ton of second guessing and analyzes where I spent my time. I love this!

Pros

My favorite part of My Hours is that it makes sense. When I first went into business for myself I tried another hour tracking company and it was awful. The product was clunky and very limited. I came across My Hours and haven't looked back. In fact, any contractors with whom I work, I request they use My Hours too.

I like that it is easy to add projects and tasks to my various clients. I like that it's easy to see all of the tasks all at once. I have accidentally created multiple tasks that mean the same thing and it's easy to delete the redundant ones.

My favorite part is being able to see how many hours I have spent per client at any given time. This is so helpful!

Cons

I think setting up the profile at the beginning was a little tricky for me - but I understand how to use it now. I also wish it was slightly easier to add new tasks while working inside a project.

Raluca
Raluca

Simplest time tracker

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

I have been using My Hours for years now, and I've always been attracted by the simplicity and the ease of input. It helped me track my time most readily versus other apps that have cumbersome interfaces. Unfortunately I cannot use it exclusively for my needs, I need more project managing tools as well. But as for organizing tasks and recurring items, this app does it perfectly!
I can't really use the invoicing feature because in Romania (where I'm from) we have different ways of invoicing to make our lives better.

Pros

Ease of use of the interface - I can create reusable tasks
Instant time tracking. Click now, fill in the details later. Perfect difficulty level for adding details.
Reusable tasks means good information overview for clients and projects and tasks.

Cons

Slow mobile app for Android: the app takes a while to load, and it doesn't resemble the quality of the web application.
The invoices are not great for international use, I'm missing a few features.

Response from Spica

Hi Raluca,

thank you for your review and kind words. A better mobile apps are in the works.

Best,

Adelmo
Adelmo
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The best app for time tracking

Reviewed on 2023/08/02

Pros

The function I use the most is to create tasks to find out how many hours are spent on each one. Thanks to My Ours, this job is done quickly and with just a few clicks.

Cons

It allows you to create tasks with the same name in the same project

Melissa

My Hours increases billing

Reviewed on 2023/08/02

It's been great. I have been very happy since purchasing this product and the amount I've saved in ensuring proper billing has more than covered the cost of purchasing My Hours.

Pros

Tracking time is an ongoing struggle for our company as we do billable hours and need to track everything, down to the minute. My Hours allows us to quickly and easily enter our projects and tasks on the go, save our all worked hours, set if it's billable, and report on all tasks on a daily, monthly, and weekly basis. Having the ability to track by the minute has ensured that we do not lose out on any possible billings.

Cons

The only feature I wish it had was that we could track multiple tasks at a time per user. We often run an update for a client that runs in the background as we work on other tasks. Having this feature would save us time in having to duplicate our own tracking.