Abneesh M.

We have been using MarGill for over 4 years and are very satisfied with the services provided.

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

The software is user friendly and regular updates with new features are provided. It is very flexible to meet your business model and you can customize the reports to what you want to see. Usually there are pre-set reports in other softwares and I personally love this feature.

They provide exceptional Customer Service. Questions and concerns are addressed right away.

It is the Best cost to value software out there in the industry.

Cons

The only thing I gave 4 stars was at Features and Functionality, the software has improved a lot over the past years and our feedback and is always listened to and added on to the next update. Cust support and the team have been continuously evolving the software.

Roxann B.

Good product

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

The developers are easily reached to assist you with any problems with the program. It is backed by it's developer

Cons

The program is really expensive the cost could be lowered significantly though offering a standard fee

Response from Marc

Thank you for the review. I do understand that you being based in Jamaica, the price may seem slightly high because of the currency exchange, but Margill is one the most affordable software out there starting at less than $2000. I'm a little surprised by your 3.5 stars. Seems because of the price...

Christopher C.
  • Industry: Banking

Margill is Great Value

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Margill has been great and is a welcome option for us. It takes some getting used to but its value and functionality are what make the system work well.

Pros

The price, ease of use, and over functionality. It is right-sized for my company and has many great features such as a document merge and versatile customization.

Cons

How the information is presented takes some getting used to and there are some details of the system that do not agree with how the information should be presented or what is expected. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] offered several work arounds for us and we are looking at these options now.

Response from Jurismedia

Thanks for this Christopher. I'm curious to find out more about the information presentation aspects you mention.

Arlyn P.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Excellent Software for Loan Management

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Margill Loan Manager has simplified the way we manage our loans, saving us time as we don't have to create separate Excel amortization tables or go to a separate documents to post interests; we can keep all the loan information in just one place, and the information/reports are accurate. Great software and excellent customer service!

Pros

I love that this software is user friendly, easy to use, to learn and to manage the loan data.

Cons

So far, this software is perfect for our Company; the only inconvenient I have experienced is that when listing several payments due on the same date, the report only takes the first listed amount.

Response from Jurismedia

Thanks for this Arlyn. As for your issue, I think you are choosing the field called "Next Due Payment". The software looks for the next Due payment but can only take the first one it sees. We rarely see multiple Due payments on the same day - these would usually be combined to one due amount. We can talk about your particular need together and why you do it this way. Will call you.

Maxime S.
  • Industry: Banking

The right fit for a small mortgage loan company like Financière Victoria

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Pros

I can't imagine going back to an Excel & check protocol. Margill allowed our company to grow and streamline the process. It is very easy to use for me and my assistants.

Cons

The possibility to access the database remotely could be a must, especially in Covid time.

Response from Jurismedia

Thank you for this Maxime.

As for access remotely in these special times, you can remote into your server (by RDP connection or other. We also offer Margill on the Cloud (Azure) as a service (SAAS).

Darla L.

The best customer service!!

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Pros

The flexibility to handle multiple types of loans from promissory notes to leases.
When I purchase software, the most important thing is customer service. On any given date, I can email, and I always get a response within 30 minutes, How wonderful is that!!!

Cons

Improvements need to be made in the custom report writer. I wish there were more standard reports available, as I don't have time to custom design.

Response from Jurismedia

Thanks for this Darla.

You're putting pressure on us with the 30 minute support! Ouch ;-) We always try our best!

As for reports, we do have standard templates for the most common needs, but reporting requirements from one company to the next range dramatically. That's why Margill includes over 1000 fields from which to create custom reports.

Marc

Elenor C.

Transferred from very old software for long term receivables to Margill

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Secure and accurate system for our long term receivables.

Pros

I like the ease of use and accuracy in computing interest and terms. The reporting aspect is great and provides all the information I need to close the accounting period.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes in the system and am looking forward to when the Margill software will be fully interfaced with my general ledger.

David P.

Easy to use loan management software

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Great in-house loan management software.

Pros

Great price. Easy to use interface. Custom loan invoices. Very easy to get customer support when needed.

Cons

I don't have any complaints regarding this software.

Vickie D.

Gestionnaire de Prêts Margill

Reviewed on 2014/08/18

The loan manager Margill is really easy to use and I save time to always respect my deadlines, Margill staff is very kind and understanding.

Larry H.

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2014/08/26

MLM is very intuitive and easy to use. It's helped us increase the number of clients and decrease time consuming process of loan servicing.

Jocelyne C.

Loan Administrator

Reviewed on 2014/08/15

Easy to use and if we need information we get a prompt answer from Margill.

Sheri L.

Utilize software to administer 4500+ client mortgage files. This software has been...

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

Margill representatives have been very good with us. Pros are ease of entry of information onto the system, ease of creation of custom reports for export and merge(s), flexibility of the software/program providing options for subsidized loan payments, actual loan payments and ability to enter multiple interest rates and ability to change interest rates as well as the feature to have multiple loans under one client (borrower). We have been using this software since 2012 and it has been flexible enough to accommodate loans and mortgages with very specific idiosyncrasies. Any and all issues encountered with the software and/or system performance have been resolved in a timely/professional manner by Margill representatives.

Cons

We have experienced a few minor performance issues over the years, however, they have been dealt with and addressed satisfactorily in a timely manner each time with great support from Margill representatives. We have been able to access and use the software everyday since installation with any downtime being minutes to hours, not days. WE CAN NOT AFFORD ANY DOWNTIME WITH OUR LOAN SYSTEM.

• Industry: Airlines/Aviation

We are a group of investors that buy loan pools...great loan manager for what we do....

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

Again, we are a group of investors that by loan pools. The program works very well for us. we like the simplicity of the manager and it's overall manageability of our loans.

Cons

Statements and reports are great...sometimes the printing alignment is an issue... The updates are a little expensive.... you get what you pay for though !

Eron T.

Excellent Software and Company

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

As a nonprofit lender, we make many different types of loans; Margill allows us to tailor the software to each scenario.

Pros

Margill loan manager is extremely accurate and easy to use.

Cons

It is well worth purchasing the training and setup assistance, as it takes a few minutes to become familiar with the program.

Jeremy K.

Excellent software at the right price point.

Reviewed on 2014/08/18

This was exactly the software solution we needed. Our business occasionally extends loans to customers and had a need to move from spreadsheets to software. Our primary business activity is not lending, so high cost solutions designed for banks and other loan originators were cost prohibitive.

This software was exactly what we needed and we have been happy with the functionality since we placed it in service in 2009. It is updated frequently and service is great. It has brought considerable ease to our loan management.

James H.

Good Program, Good Service

Reviewed on 2017/01/07

We are a small business with a few hundred ongoing loans. Although some upfront learning is required Margill is ultimately easy to use and powerful. The technical service provided by Margill is some of the best we have found among software companies.

Gerardo B.

Great tool at a great price

Reviewed on 2016/12/29

The application is excellent at managing different loan schedules and can also be used for other types of investments. It has room for improvement in workflow management and permissions management.

For the cost, it represents great value.

Donald R.

Works for us...

Reviewed on 2016/12/22

We have been using Loan Manager for nearly two years. We are very satisfied. We find posting payments, creating new accounts, preparing end of month reports and sending monthly statements to be easy and always accurate.

Sheryl P.

What an improvement over spreadsheets and multiple documents!

Reviewed on 2014/12/05

Perhaps the best feature has been the customer service...any question or problem I have encountered has been addressed quickly, thoroughly, and pleasantly!

Michel D.

Easiest software available

Reviewed on 2014/08/14

This software is easy to install and to use. Also, we recommend this software for its flexibility considering the work we do. The cost is reasonable and attractive.

Steve C.

Excellent software with great support

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

Pros

We have used Margill for 3 years to monitor our growing private mortgage and auto loan business. We have hundreds of loans under management. We are a family office with our own money at risk. We would not use a software product that didn't deliver the information we need.
We have been very happy with the software and the excellent support service and will continue to expand our licence as our business grows.

If the software doesn't meet someone's requirement during a demo period so be it. It happens every day. I do have an issue when I read someone posting a negative review on this site and suggesting that my company's satisfaction (after a thousand hours of use) is not real and that other reviewers have knowingly posted positive misleading reviews. Pure nonsense. And it really speaks volumes about the character of that reviewer to frame their comments this way.

Cons

Would like more video tutorials as we probably only use a fraction of the software's capability. We find video tutorials more effective than most manuals.

Response from Jurismedia

Thanks for the comment Steve. As for videos, we are starting our little collection which you can see in the Support Center: www.margill.com/en/support-center/. The Support Center also has our blog in which we regularly answer user questions. Many good questions in there!

Kevin M.

This program is Great!! And Tech support /customer service have been A+++!

Reviewed on 2017/12/18

This program makes my business so much easier. The daily record keeping and reports are everything I need.

Pros

The program is easy to use and integrated so I only have to make entries once. The reports are great! When my server crashed Margill was right on top of saving all my data. I couldn't be happier with the program and the support!

Stephanie M.

WE are loving this software!

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

We are very pleased with Margill. It has simplified our Loan accounting and helped us eliminate the need for many spreadsheet and data outside the software.

Pros

simplicity with so many advanced features and options, easy to learn, easy to export and makes accounting for loans a breeze

Cons

The only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.

Pauline C.

Review for Margill Loan Manager software

Reviewed on 2016/12/20

The Prescott-Russell Community Development Corporation (PRCDC) has been using Margill Loan Manager software since 2013.

With Margill, we can create reports for all our needs and the needs of our clients, whether for a general or specific report, with the huge field base, equation management, standard or tailored reports. The calculation tables (depreciation) are clear and very precise.

Even tasks such as correspondence, databases, global calculations, individual calculations, and billing are done with ease. It is a user-friendly, professional software, and a charm.

We would also like to note that the support of the Margill team was and is still phenomenal and on behalf of the SDCPR, we thank you.

George M.

Great Program

Reviewed on 2014/08/16

I have been using Margill for about 5 years now and I can't imagine life without it! Before I chose to go with Margill I looked at several other programs. Most were from the US and not easily adapted to Canadian use and they were much more expensive.

I chose Margill Loan Manager after very careful consideration and I am glad I did. The customer support is unbeatable and very personal and the program itself is very easy to use and has saved me thousands.