Protemos

Business management for translation agencies & freelancers

4,6
4,9
Vladimir K.

Simple, intuitive and powerful accounting system

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Easy and intuitive process of accounting on translation projects

Pros

It's powerful enough to cover all our accounting needs, yet is simple and intuitive both for managers and freelancers. The system is constantly improved and development team is very sensitive to our custom needs.

Cons

We still lack some functionality - some routine processes could be further automated, however the system is constantly improved and developers do listen to our queries.

Company size: Self Employed

Nice accounting tool for freelancers

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Protemos is great to accommodate freelancing work. Simple, efficient, easy to use. It is doing what we need. They are becoming larger now, to accommodate agencies. Let's hope they don't become too large for freelancers...

Pros

Easy to navigate, stable data handling, multiple useful options for small businesses dealing with international clients (currencies, etc.), basic project management tool, clear invoice list with what's coming at term what is overdue, clear project list, easy to manage.

Cons

The way the client's contact info is displayed, it's not following the north american setting I am use to. There is no option to end payment fees in the payment received. The reports need more work as well, to be able to get a detailed report for tax income purpose. The report doesn't allow to see notes or comments, which is where we must enter payment fees at this time. Their invoice is not really configurable. The filters by date doesn't work very well when we want to see the money coming in within the next weeks, for instance. The contact info addition in a cient's file is also a bit awkward, we often need to reenter the contact of an individual, even though it already exist as main contact (no drop down for existing name).

Thomas F.

Protemos helps us to save a significant amount of time in our project management process.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

I like most about Protemos, that it is free for our suppliers, so we can work with as many people as we need to and do not need to buy licenses.
I also like a lot, that it is very user-friendly and intuitive. Furthermore, it is really easy and quick to implement it and set it up.

Cons

I would like the integration with Smartcat to be deeper.
Another thing is, that you have to enter the primary user and cannot select him as contact person for the projects and therefore need to enter the same person again as contact person.

Malon H.

Why we at Ludejo work with Protemos

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

We are very happy with Protemos because:
- we keep overview over all our projects, files.
- the software supports transferability of tasks when a co-worker has a day off.
- Protemos gives a daily and monthly monetairy overview of the projects in a logically divided way, which is for a leader good data to manage the company and drive it into the wanted direction.

Pros

- the excellent communicative skills of the contact persons at Protemos.
- the intuitive way Protemos is shaped.
- onboarding new staff is very easy, as Protemos isn't hard to learn to use, while at the same time the software is extended enough for our business.
- we don't get all kinds of heavy stuff we would never use.
- the responsiveness when it comes to needs we have expressed to the Protemos-team (and the speed they implemented the features to fulfill those needs).

Cons

- in the beginning, when we started to work with Protemos (2017), there were some features we didn't have, which we did need.

Powerful and user-friendly TMS

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

better workflow management, improved payment cycle, eye-bird view of my business

Pros

Protemos is undoubtedly the most user-friendly Translation Management System (TMS) on the market today. Not only does it cater the needs of small or mid-size LSPs, it is also perfectly suitable for freelance translators who are in need of a capable TMS for project management and accounting. The development cycle of the platform is fast and the Customer Support team is super responsive. Protemos has become a must-have tool in my from-quote-to-invoice workflow. Highly recommended!

Cons

I hope the platform would be localized into French. Also, I wish for a more flexible template customization.

Oksana K.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Ideal for a freelance translator

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

All the features that a freelance translator needs in terms of project and finance management. Make an app or a convenient smartphone version and you will be the best.

Cons

Only good for big screens and laptops. Missing a good version for smartphones and tablets.

Response from Protemos

Dear Oksana,

Thank you for your feedback.
As for mobiles, about 1 year ago we reworked UI for mobiles: https://protemos.com/news/version-1.22-released.html.

So currently it works much better on mobiles than at the time when you registered.

Best regards,
Volodymyr

A must have

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

I work for several different clients who all have their own way of working and their own deadlines. Until I started using Protemos, I had a lot of problems keeping on top of everything. Now I know who sends me work, who sends me the most work, who pays the most, who pays on time and when my deadlines are. It has been a godsend and has helped make me more productive.

Pros

I like how it helps me keep on top of my workflow and helps me make sure I never forget a client, never miss a deadline and, importantly, never lose an invoice.

Cons

I can't think of anything. It is free and fully functioning.

Eugene A.

Excellent Translation Management System we've been looking for years

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Most important this TMS helped us put everything in order. We are now able to see every financial data that seemed to be vague or hidden from our eyes before.

Pros

1. Ease of use - very intuitive. No special training is required.
2. Excellent performance and availability.
3. Highly responsive support team.

Cons

Some features are not readily available, however developers listening to users and integrating them as required.

Protemos review

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

I am very satisfied with using Protemos. Even a free version for freelancers has everything required for managing projects and invoicing.

Pros

What I like about this software is:
1) Integration with Proz;
2) Export of information to Excel spreadsheets;
3) Customer-friendly interface;
4) Availability of versions localized to other languages.

Cons

What I like the least is the necessity to insert e-mail addresses of new clients, which is not very convenient as I am concerned that the software will be bothering them by sending anything.

Dmitry K.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Easily one of the best project management tools for freelance translators

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Protemos is a free tool that knows how to tackle the common project management pitfalls of freelance translators. We're extremely happy with the product and can't wait to see where the team will take it.

Pros

This tool was clearly designed by someone who is passionate about project management and know real pains of freelance translators. Clean design makes using this tool a breeze.

Cons

The tool could benefit from integrating with 3rd party API, for example would be great to use Stripe to accept payments for invoices that Protemos creates.

Bernardo P.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Overall, it´s a great system that fulfills all my management needs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

All my management needs are fulfilled at a very competitive pricing!

Pros

It is a very intuitive and easy-to-use system with all the functions I need to manage my daily projects. Whether it´s project or job creation, invoicing, statistics, etc. the system has it all. The support team is very proactive and efficient and, on on top of that, it has a very affordable price!

Cons

There´s really nothing to point out on what I like least about this software, except for the fact that I have some issues when importing a CAT log file from Studio, but this has to do with the version I use and this will be sorted out in the next versions.

Alvaro S.

Great and simple tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

It's the perfect tool for keeping track of projects and creating invoices with just a few clicks. It has saved me tons of time I can employ continuing my professional development and improving the quality of my translations.

Pros

Ease of use and straightforward features, not complicated screens with loads of options, buttons and colours that only serve to distract you and waste time. Their customer service is also extremely responsive and helpful.

Cons

Missing features like calendar and localization in additional languages.

Sezin K.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Protemos has been a very suitable solution for our needs!

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Faster turnaround times while preparing the quotations and efficient vendor management.

Pros

The unique interface enables us to see projects, translators, clients and financials at once. Being able to find all these features in one place helps us to work efficiently. Our team has easily adopted to Protemos since it has a user friendly UI. Protemos team also provides excellent support and they are very responsive to our request for customizing the system in accordance with customers needs.

Cons

It would be better if we could customize some of the templates (e.g: quote, invoice) without contacting to the developers team.

Alex L.
Industry: Translation & Localization

The best operation system for translation industry, simple and efficient for all people of our team.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

It makes our team work much more efficient.

Pros

1. Cloud based operation, with which, we can complete all steps on the same cloud.
2. Friendly UI design, easy to use, and improve the efficiency a lot.

Cons

1.Should the price get lower, Protemos would be more attractive.
2.The job list page does not support batch operation currently, which should be further improved.

Melanie F.
Company size: Self Employed

Great management tool - saves time and your sanity

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I have been using Protemos for over a year now and I am extremely happy with it. The customer care is very responsive and accommodating. The software is saving me a lot of time, helps me to manage my projects and lets me focus on what really matters - my translation work

Pros

I like the ease of use thanks to the intuitive layout

Cons

There's not really anything that I don't like

Dagmar M.
Company size: Self Employed

Very good accounting system!

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

I am very happy with Protemos. I had been looking around for a while and almost only found relatively costly accounting soft are that fit my needs. This one is perfect! It has everything I need, and creating invoices and staying on top of my projects is a breeze now. And all for free! Customer support is also very responsive. I couldn’t be happier with it.

Cons

Not much, only that it would be nice to be able to customize the invoices a bit more.

Caroline C.
Industry: Writing & Editing
Company size: Self Employed

excellent tool for independant finances

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Thanks to Protemos, I can master my budget and plan my projects more effectively.

Pros

Keep track of everything! How much have you invoiced so far this month? this year? How much will you get on your bank account in two months time? Which clients contribute most to your total revenue? Just 2 clicks. Clear graphics or Excel tables for your accountant, your bank...

Cons

No drawback! Setup is quick and simple, you can access your figures and data from everywhere

Nadiia K.

Perfect instrument for freelancers

Saving time for bookkeeping

Pros

Receivables cloning and a lot of other functions

Cons

New releases have got more complicated than older ones

Richard C.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Excellent translation company management software!

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

This software streamlines​ my entire workflow, it makes it easy to allocate projects to vendors, keeps all documents in a single place, completely manages invoicing and payments and keeps everything neat, tidy and well organised. It has taken away the need to jump between multiple systems to manage projects.

Pros

The software is so easy to use, very intuitive and covers all my operational needs. It is now easy to manage multiple translation and editorial services projects and everything is contained in a single system. Project management, document storage and financial processes have been completely simplified by this excellent application - Protemos is highly recommended!

Cons

Nothing so far. Everything works well - the software is highly functional and perfect for my needs.

Does everything we need to handle daily business

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

Simplicity, comprehensiveness, quick support response, open to new ideas and features, quick development

Cons

(deep) memoQ integration lacking being this our main tool. Double tasking in Protemos and memoQ does add up to quite a lot of time creating and recreating a project

Company size: Self Employed

Project management and invoicing with Protemos

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

My admin and invoicing system used to be a bit of a headache, Protemos makes it easier to find things and it is quicker to do the invoicing.

Pros

It is easy to use and since it is online, I can access it from any device that is connected to the internet.

Cons

I find the invoicing and reporting functions a bit awkward to use at times, my clients want their invoices done in different ways and it would be nice to be able to customize the invoices more.

Rosa C.

It is the perfect tool for managing our translation company.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

The best thing about Protemos is that it is so easy to use, and at the same time, gives you the confidence that it is meeting all management requirements with the maximum quality guarantee with regard to time limits, financial information, data bases, etc.

Cons

The financial information model is not fully adapted to taxes in Spain, but Protemos´ support team is working to solve this :)

Georgina S.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Easy-to-use translation management software! Numerous features. Very good customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Full operations management. No gaps. No doubts.

Pros

Fast and efficient. Easy access and flow management even from my smartphone. I can access all customer files and vendor jobs, plus I can check my financials with a just click

Cons

No cons at all! Software effective from quoting to collecting. Friendly support team willing to discuss additions and tailored adjustments.

Alfredo S.

Easy life

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

see above

Pros

This cloud-based software allow me to work virtually everywhere. I can monitor all my projects, record new ones, issue invoices and control my cash flow and payments in one single easy-to-use platform.

Cons

No comments about this software. I don't have any negative feedback.

Tim R.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Protemos is an easy to use project management platform at reasonable cost.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Better organized, faster project management.

Pros

I certainly appreciate the User-friendliness, the reactive customer service and the reasonable price.

Cons

In some aspects I think the software could be more customizable (templates for lay-out, default messages).