FileCloud

Enterprise file sharing, sync & backup solution

Gilbert P.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Community version is very limited but does the job

Reviewed on 2021/02/28

The overall experience is good, although the install and configuration is clunky, for example you have in the FileCloud Panel (which you use only once) a list of the services and frameworks you need to launch.

So without knowing anything if you click them in order from top to bottom, they are not going to work... You have to go to the Customer Portal, to the documentation area, to find that the correct order is not from top to bottom, but 3,1,4,2 (order from top to bottom but different installation order) to get it right, while they could have just ordered them in the correct launch order to begin with or add an easy setup with 1 button to get everything launched in one hit, and then have an advanced setting with more granular control...

Another thing is this product is built on top of a previous product called TONIDO, which was their previous generation of clouded drive and storage... so a lot of configuration files still use the word Tonido around and it can get confusing some times.

But since I got the $10 product

Pros

I liked that I was able to setup a "Google Drive" like experience in my home for my family and some of my work, that was easy to setup and offered everything I needed for 10 bucks /year which I can't really complain about...

Cons

The community version is limited in a lot of customization options, that when you think about it, sounds as overkill from their part. I can't modify the way it looks or feels or add my own logo because those features are behind the $4/month/user FileCloud Standard (which in my case I would have to play $24/month or $288/year to use pretty colors or a drawing from one of my kids as a logo...

Another thing I dont like is how their licensing is tied to your domain, but they take it very literal so if your domain runs on port 1234, if you dont include mydomainname.com:1234 and the license is mydomainname.com then the license wont work...

Matthew D.

FileCloud a secure and easy to use file storage solution

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

I personally use FileCloud at home (on prem) and also we use FileCloud for a number of our clients and feel that its the better solution compared to others on the market.

Pros

Layout and ease of use is my favorite aspect of FileCloud.

Cons

The change between limited and guest accounts in how they access data. It was a little confusing.

Billy P.

The Best

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Pros

I used FileCloud at my previous employer so I decided to bring it to MDT. It's changed the way we collaborate with vendors and clients. I wouldn't pick anything else!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything I do not like about FC.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

FileCloud Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Overall good experience, but want these cons addressed to improve performance and function.

Pros

The best feature is storing files and having them sync so our team can collaborate. Security seems good with good recovery of files if needed.

Cons

The software frequently allows multiple users to edit and work in the same file, but this should be blocked with the Microsoft add-on with FileCloud. Sync speed needs to increase. I need better reporting on who has access to what file/folder that was shared with them so I may audit and update access. There are still common sync issues where we have conflicted copies, but not sure why this is occurring. Sometimes I try to delete a file/folder only for it to continue to reappear. Browsing files with the app needs to be a complete search and not just with beginning characters.

Michaël D.

Better then free products

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Pros

We had worked a lot with free solutions but, lot of times during usage we encountered bugs or errors; without a correct support it's unusable on production system.
We don't like to use cloud to transfert data and we preferred having an on-premises version.

Cons

Support is really responsive!
Functionalities are really helpful with our work!

Good product - as long as your file type is supported

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

The online tools make this so much more powerful than what we were using before (DropBox). Loved all the reporting and ability to really tighten all the permissions to a very granular level.

Cons

We ended up having issue when we updated our accounting software to the current version. They assured us that in the future it would be updated but it would take a few months. They gave us a complete and full refund and were super helpful as we had to transition back to our prior service.

Gary H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Useful for archive

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Useful for allowing access to common files.

Pros

Able to implement user level security on folders. Good viewing access on multiple devices. Easy to admin users. Able to Sync and also able to WebDav.

Cons

Sync software is dreadful, hogs CPU & bandwidth and uses an outdated file - delete - copy mechanism from the 90s. Be aware if you move a set of folders on the server, the replication then deletes the folders on the client then recopies. Really bad if it is a big folder. (you cant do a basic function for example, setup a new laptop for a user, swiftly copy a set of files that will be mirrored, then start the sync. It will either delete all these files and recopy the lot, or, if they are in different locations, it will recopy them back to the server causing frustrating duplication.

Jason N.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Still in the first year of using FileCloud.

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

We use FileCloud to extend our user's reach into our super computing environment so that they have access to their research from anywhere. It has been only about 6 months since we got it up and running but the overall experience has been pretty good so far. We are still working on transitioning all of our users over.

Pros

It was pretty easy to get up and running and their support staff is always quick to respond with any questions that I have.

Cons

The pricing structure isn't exactly the cheapest.

Jean M.
  • Industry: Information Services

Amazing organized Solution

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Pros

I liked the admin panel and how it is easy to manage teamfolders and personal folders for each team member. It helps everyone to keep organized in the team.

Cons

I'd like to have more collaboration tools integrated

Harold R.

File Cloud review

Good

Pros

It was Easy to implement and users had no problems adapting to it.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes. It performed exactly as advertised

Naveen S.
  • Industry: Automotive

FileCloud - Your Own FileServer Over The Internet

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

I had no issues so far other than small implementation issues, this was fixed by the well-trained team immediately. The after sales support was too good. My account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was too good all these years.

Pros

The mapped drive share, user access limitation, backup, admin's control over the shares, custom pages / portals and ease of use.

Cons

Manual upgrade and occasionally missing files that uploaded from the cloud to mapped drive. Or some time we had issues of access rights over the files being created from the cloud.

Jerry H.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Pricey, but the solution to go to when you need granular control over access to documents

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

I used FileCloud on a project that necessitated the sharing of a large volume of data from several different custodians among a bevy of different attorneys. The litigation was complex and access to the various groups of documents had to be tailor-made for each attorney, depending on who s/he was representing. FileCloud was a little tedious to set up, but once it was done, it was golden.

Pros

The ability to exert granular access control over a sizable group of different document collections.

Cons

The permissions setup, while perfect once implemented, can be a little confusing.

Jonathan L.
  • Industry: Design

A perfect cloud for my small company server

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Great experience, and I'm mastering my privacy.

Pros

The software is easy to use, overly simple to setup.
I'm tech-savvy without being an engineer, just a usual geek, and it's been as simple to install as any software on my PC.

Cons

I didn't find a way to connect my network drives to the system using SMB file sharing. This is a bit technical and I'm pretty sure it's a solvable issue.
It made little sense to me to have 3 kinds of users, being the "full access" "limited" and "guest" without further explanation at first, but I understood it by myself.

Raphael B.
  • Industry: Media Production

If You Need Team Storage outside of the Microsoft Universe, thats the only Software that will...

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

So Far it works like a charm. Suddenly we couldnt add limited users that had our company domain any more. We fixed it by using another domain but that wasn't so user freindly.

Pros

Team based storage other than user-based storage. Other applications only have personal Storage that you can give access to as a user and owner of the files. Nobody else has team-storage that is not provided by a user.

Cons

The new Interface isn't that user firendly

Cliff S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great Product

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Overall, my users and I have been very satisfied with FileCloud.

Pros

FileCloud was easy to deploy and has been easy to manage. Of the products tested, it's also been the fastest/most responsive for remote users.

Cons

So far, there hasn't been any negatives.

Oscar R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Pros

This is a really user friendly tool, our users love it

Cons

I think the product can improve a little bit on controlling the Bandwidth use for large files

Qualiy File Sync and Share alternative to Dropbox / Box / One Drive

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Dropbox will not run properly on a server. Wanted to "cloud-ize" our file server while keeping a local copy for certain offices.

Pros

The software works well and is fast. Customer support is by far the best I have ever seen.

Cons

Still a few quirky things. Scans the whole archive each time looks for changes rather than allowing Windows to just alert of changes.

Mark B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Solid solution for EFSS

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Excellent solution. Easy to implement and use.

Pros

Easy to use with good feature set. Regular updates which are easy to install

Cons

Nothing. Software reliably delivers what we need.

Richard S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Flexible and scalable enterprise file sharing

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

We are very pleased with FileCloud and believe it offers our organization excellent value and great flexibility.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, and scales very easily. The solution is quite affordable, while user adoption has been high.

Cons

The MFA setup was challenging. Their initial MFA implementation was cumbersome.

William P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Simply AMAZING !!

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

it's easy to use, easy to setup.

Pros

it's a marvel of software engineering.

Cons

there is nothing that i didn't like about FileCloud

James W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

review

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Pros

Software is easy to deploy and easy to manage.

Cons

Software can support more 2FA setup, Azure sso.

Carlos L.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Easy to Deploy meet compliance requirements

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Allows to share files securely.

Pros

This was very easy to deploy. They provided good support and assisted us in deploying.

Cons

I wish we could select who used MFA vs all or none

Kyle B.
  • Industry: Utilities

Filecloud Review

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Pros

This is a great tool for us, allows us to access files in the field securely. Saving space on our devices.

Cons

The best thing about the filecloud is we have not had any issues with it, in the 2 years we have been using it.

Adnan A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

One of the best storage tools.

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

I have been using this app since 3 years, and I can say it worth it!

Pros

- A descent tool for storage & sharing of multi-media.
- Easy use.
- Multiple options available.

Cons

- Not much popular.
- The limitation of storage!

Benjamin A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

FileCloud allows local and remote teams to collaborate in a seamless and secure way.

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

FileCloud solved several security and remote server access issues we had when working on communications projects with freelancers and partner organizations.

Pros

I like that it interacts with our local server, so remote team members can share updated versions of projects with outside agencies and our Operations Center team in a clear, secure way.

Cons

Some team members were daunted by the syncing process at first since the interface looks a lot like Windows folders. They thought syncing might be too technical for them.