FileCloud

Enterprise file sharing, sync & backup solution

4,6
4,7
Brian F.
Industry: Construction

On-prem choice for file sharing and remote file access

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

We have a number of project managers, drafters, engineers, contract administrators, and estimators that need to share large files easily via email links. We prefer to host our own content and keep it under our control, so we used a popular self-hosted product for quite some time. The instability of the product and the politics and marketing of the sponsor company made finding an alternative compelling, as the concept of hosting our own content really worked well for us. After a number of trials of competing products, FileCloud stood out as the best Active Directory integrated file sharing platform available. It's worked out VERY well for the last year, and we renewed for another year. Performance of the VM is great, and with as much storage as we feel like allocating is available at NO additional cost. Adding a user to FileCloud is a matter of adding the AD account to the FileCloud security group, what could be simpler? Outlook integration and the mobile apps work well, and the Windows client allows a drive letter assignment - no muss, no fuss. I needed a little help from support sorting out the SSL certificate, they were SUPER great to work with.

Pros

All of the content is hosted by us, controlled by us, backed up by us, and secured by us. We don't have to train users on five different platforms, either - it's FileCloud, start to finish.

Cons

Well, you know how PHP likes to throw off goofy error log entries, that aren't really errors? That's kind of annoying.

David B.
Industry: E-Learning

Exactly What I wanted

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

Overall I'm very happy with the service and I encourage people to use it on a regular basis.

Pros

I setup a lot of software on my OpenMediaVault-based server. I've tried other file hosting applications and they were fine, but hard to setup in a lot of cases. FileCloud was very easy to setup and use from the start. I've had no issues or downtime in my file sharing since I started using FileCloud.

Cons

I don't like that I lost the ability to customize my instance when I paid for a community license. I'm hosting the software on my computer. Why can't I use any of the customization features?

Industry: Financial Services

Good product - as long as your file type is supported

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

The online tools make this so much more powerful than what we were using before (DropBox). Loved all the reporting and ability to really tighten all the permissions to a very granular level.

Cons

We ended up having issue when we updated our accounting software to the current version. They assured us that in the future it would be updated but it would take a few months. They gave us a complete and full refund and were super helpful as we had to transition back to our prior service.

Mahdy G.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great Online Storage Solution With Some Downsides

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

This is great online storage solution (and sharing) with HIPPA compliance function and Drive for windows. We mainly wanted to use Drive for windows to create local drive on our users devices. But Drive for windows has some limitation and slowed down. Hence, we stop using it. But their tech support is great and in addition they meet with us multiple time to see how they can address our needs in future.

Pros

Easy to implement
Great support
Can access from many devices and OS
Lots of future
New compliance manager is great
New UI is way better

Cons

FileCloud Drive for windows has limitations.
Quick Edit function is great but I wish was not limited to one file.

Jason N.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Still in the first year of using FileCloud.

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

We use FileCloud to extend our user's reach into our super computing environment so that they have access to their research from anywhere. It has been only about 6 months since we got it up and running but the overall experience has been pretty good so far. We are still working on transitioning all of our users over.

Pros

It was pretty easy to get up and running and their support staff is always quick to respond with any questions that I have.

Cons

The pricing structure isn't exactly the cheapest.

Joyce V.
Industry: Construction

Very userfriendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/23

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has several businesses and can't always be here. We needed a solutions that is easy to use, fast and working without paswords, linking and all these things.
It works perfectly!

Pros

It is very easy to use. It's fantastic that you can use this on all your mobile devices.
it's time and money saving!

Cons

The integration was easy, and everything is just very friendly to use. We don't have anything bad to say about this software.

Suraj V.

Review by Suraj Verma at JAKTOOL Engineered Solutions

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

It is very easy to use and understand. The installation process is very simple. Most users did not even need training on how to use the app!

Pros

The encrypted sharing features, and the very easy-to-use sync drive.

Cons

Maybe create encrypted email along with it, encrypted file sharing is great, but being able to send encrypted emails would be a great addition.

William P.
Industry: Consumer Services

Simply AMAZING !!

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

it's easy to use, easy to setup.

Pros

it's a marvel of software engineering.

Cons

there is nothing that i didn't like about FileCloud

Omar E.
Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Great file sharing software

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Pros

We needed to be able to host the software on premise. There was a lot of file sharing solutions out there but only 2 or three that allowed us to host it on our server. FileCloud was the one that was the closest to our budget.

Cons

The deployment was not that easy. It did take a bit of work and some back and forth with their team, but they were very helpful and quick at getting back to us.

Chris G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

FileCloud is a must for Work From Home Data Access

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

It has been superb. Our users are very happy with the product to give them secure access to their data without the need for VPN and are also thrilled that they can email now large files as secured web access links that are password protected.

Pros

This software enabled our department to give our staff members the ability to access their file server data over HTTPS and not even need a VPN to get their data. In addition, the product comes with a drive mount client or a sync client to help users out who may have a slower internet connection from home. It basically enabled a DropBox like product internally for our company.

Cons

The Web UI sometimes has issues refreshing and a full refresh of the web page is needed depending on what browser you are using.

Madalina V.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

All your data in one cloud

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

This product covers all basic needs for small teams or companies. They can make their data easily accessible for each employee, regardless of their location. As a result, you will get more agonized and dedicated team, as well, as a smooth workflow.

Pros

This platform has different plugins, which provides a decent level of customization. Also, you can integrate this software with different apps, so your work process, which can improve your work process drastically. Big plus is that you can access internal file server data from any place in the world, of course, if you have a high-quality internet connection. We use FileCloud on a daily basis, as it is a cloud based data sharing plus sync system. It allows coworkers to access and sync all essential data from any type of device. This software provides with all necessary features for successful work: file sharing, backup, sync or remote access.

Cons

Tech support is weak and incompetent. They respond non-regularly, with delays and zero useful information. Very often instead of fixing an issue, they blame users. FileCloud has an old school and non-intuitive interface, so you need to invest much energy to learn how the system works. Also, if you are Mac user, be prepared to face some issues, as this app doesn’t work well with iOS. Moreover, this product is actively being updated, with preventing this app from working for several hours, till a new update will be loaded.

Chris G.
Industry: Higher Education

FileCloud, A Must for Work From Home

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

My overall experience with FileCloud has been wonderful. So much so that I have implemented it at another company that I do consult work for and have also recommended it several times to others here at my current profession.

Pros

FileCloud enables our company to implement a DropBox like application to our on-premise data. It has wonderful features like drag and drop directly into the website and has applications to mount or sync your server drives via any mac or pc client. We used to use a different companies' software for this but FileCloud excels in so many different areas. Finally, I love how we can share files with the external world that are to big to email.

Cons

One con that I have experienced in the web portal is that sometimes you have to refresh the page in order for it to start working again. Sometimes it seems to get stuck when drilling into the folder structure of your data from the web portal only.

Gary H.

Useful for archive

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Useful for allowing access to common files.

Pros

Able to implement user level security on folders. Good viewing access on multiple devices. Easy to admin users. Able to Sync and also able to WebDav.

Cons

Sync software is dreadful, hogs CPU & bandwidth and uses an outdated file - delete - copy mechanism from the 90s. Be aware if you move a set of folders on the server, the replication then deletes the folders on the client then recopies. Really bad if it is a big folder. (you cant do a basic function for example, setup a new laptop for a user, swiftly copy a set of files that will be mirrored, then start the sync. It will either delete all these files and recopy the lot, or, if they are in different locations, it will recopy them back to the server causing frustrating duplication.

Jonathan L.
Industry: Design

A perfect cloud for my small company server

Reviewed on 2020/04/21

Great experience, and I'm mastering my privacy.

Pros

The software is easy to use, overly simple to setup.
I'm tech-savvy without being an engineer, just a usual geek, and it's been as simple to install as any software on my PC.

Cons

I didn't find a way to connect my network drives to the system using SMB file sharing. This is a bit technical and I'm pretty sure it's a solvable issue.
It made little sense to me to have 3 kinds of users, being the "full access" "limited" and "guest" without further explanation at first, but I understood it by myself.

Brian M.

FileCloud on AWS GovCloud

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

So far we are happy with our experience as a company. I expect to expand on our use of the platform in 2021 and hope to add to the license as we grow.

Pros

The primary reason we engaged with FileCloud was because of it's ability to host and transfer ITAR and EAR compliant data. We soon realized their were many aspects of the tool that we beyond what we need and could grow into utilizing as our cloud based storage need grew as well. I look forward to expanding into some of its other capabilities down the line.

Cons

I don't have many complaints at this stage. One minor issue I did have, when engaging with Technical Support, although the support team member was very helpful, they were not able to access my vault and work with my specific set-up request, because of the ITAR restrictions. I believe they were located out of the USA or not a US citizen. I appreciated them being open and they were able to generally help me through the process so I was left out to dry by any means.

Is there a ITAR/EAR tech support contact I should be reaching out to in those situations?

Raphael B.
Industry: Media Production

If You Need Team Storage outside of the Microsoft Universe, thats the only Software that will work

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

So Far it works like a charm. Suddenly we couldnt add limited users that had our company domain any more. We fixed it by using another domain but that wasn't so user freindly.

Pros

Team based storage other than user-based storage. Other applications only have personal Storage that you can give access to as a user and owner of the files. Nobody else has team-storage that is not provided by a user.

Cons

The new Interface isn't that user firendly

Industry: Computer Networking

Excellent product!

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

I can finally access my files using my smartphone at any place at any time without the use of a VPN tunnel and SMB like applications!
Setting it up is very easy and straight forward. To configure SSL complete and clear documentation is provided by FileCloud.
(Sales)Support is excellent, I don't have a creditcard. After sending an email using the form on the website support/sales quickly helped me to my full satisfaction to get this "problem" solved and made it possible to pay using PayPal.

Pros

Integration in on-premise fileserver and integration with the active directory. Access to your files from anywhere around the world without the hustle of the use of a vpn client.

Cons

Lack of 2FA support on the Community Edition.

Mourad D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

The right product for our need

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

FileCloud was the right product to fulfil the need for data exchange with our customer, especially for the support purpose.

Pros

The ease of integration of FileCloud with our ERP.

Cons

To be honest, we found FileCloud a complete product.

Industry: Higher Education

5 star service and response to issues! By far, one of the best vendors I have worked with!

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

We get the benefit of utilizing different storage types from SAN storage to Network Attached storage. The ability to scale quickly and easily allows us to respond to the users quickly and efficiently while utilizing one of the most intuitive and easy-to-user administration interfaces I have ever used.

Pros

1. Top notch, responsive support
2. Ease of manageability
3. File Versioning
4. Office365 Online Collaboration (with Team Folders)
5. Granular controls

Cons

We have a lot of teams utilizing this tool, currently, there is no way to put a quota on the individual sub folders for teams, however I believe they are reviewing this issue.

Ted T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Excellent On-prem File Hosting

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Great alternative to cloud hosting for private data.

Pros

Easy set up
Reliable
Customizable
Extensive option set
DUO 2FA support
External sharing capability

Cons

A remote connectivity analyzer would be helpful
Codelathe portal is obscured by sales materials

Industry: Internet

Qualiy File Sync and Share alternative to Dropbox / Box / One Drive

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Dropbox will not run properly on a server. Wanted to "cloud-ize" our file server while keeping a local copy for certain offices.

Pros

The software works well and is fast. Customer support is by far the best I have ever seen.

Cons

Still a few quirky things. Scans the whole archive each time looks for changes rather than allowing Windows to just alert of changes.

Allen Y.
Industry: Financial Services

Customer Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

We will be using FileCloud for a very long time. We're very happy with it!

Pros

After installation the product is very easy to use and reliable. Customer service is great! They have a very quick response and have fixed any issues and answered all of our questions.

Cons

We've had a few errors with FileCloud syncing.

Carlos G.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

FC Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Some data loss due to software bugs in FileCloud drive and Database interaction w/ Object Storage, good application but can be unreliable at times.

Pros

O365 integration, Endpoint Backup, ServerLink

Cons

Permission management, Group sync without AD

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Quick and easy to implement and use

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Pros

Super easy to learn and use quickly. Everyone on the team was up and running without a hiccup. And the implementation is a snap.

Cons

It's great, and affordable, but it's not free

Lindsay S.
Industry: Broadcast Media

Lindsay Santos

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

So far it has been great and customer service has been very responsive and helpful

Pros

Upgraded dropbox. Has great security features and user friendly.

Cons

Like everything so far. It is easy to use.