Showing 35 reviews of 23

Codility

Tech technical assessment platform for tech hiring teams

Showing 35 reviews of 23
Estêvão H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I enjoyed very much practicing algorithms, getting to know companies through the challenges.

Reviewed on 2018/07/25

Pros

It is a well organised, polished platform for coding skills evaluation. The lessons and challenges provide good content for user practice and the summary section helps to understand the areas the user is going well and areas to improve.

Cons

The platform suits me very well so I don't have any comments on things I dislike or wish to improve.

Gabor F.

Astron

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

It's much more convenient than paper tests.

Pros

Easy to use. I can manage a lot of candidates and different software languages.

Cons

There is not enough task. My package is not contains plagiarism check.

Response from Codility

Hi Gabor, great to hear that you like using Codility! In case you weren't aware, your license contains plagiarism prevention (the Codility task library is protected and patrolled online for material leaks). However, if you'd like to try out our plagiarism detection features like Similarity Check, please contact us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to let you try it out.

Sai kiran G.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Experience. Loved the puzzles and exercises

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Pros

A great coding platform, it's easy to use with a clean interface. I've enjoyed the exercises available. The problem statement and examples have great clarity without being too wordy or short. I've taken a couple of tests for companies who used Codility for screening. I've had great experience writing code, testing, putting in my own test-sets all available in the platform.

Cons

The software is pretty much self contained and clean. There isn't much I would complain about. I would love to see more exercises/puzzles.

Izhaar A.
  • Industry: Information Services

Great company to work with for our Hard-Skills assessment

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

It has been a great first few months working with Codility! The staff, has been very patient and generous helping us out, doing more than we could ask for! Great customer experience up to now and hopefully it will always continue like this for the future as well.

Pros

Codility offers us the opportunity to have a IT assessment part during our recruitment process, which is probably the best in the market available.

Cons

It should have even more tests for each possible position :-)

Very positive.

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Pros

Provides a platform to test ones coding/algorithmic skills in interesting problems. The problems are challenging and the feedback provided by the system is helpful.

Cons

I would prefer to see problems tailored to Machine Learning. The problems I encountered in the site are like puzzles to be solved. I would prefer to reflect more Applied Machine Learning.

Catriona D.

Speeds up the recruitment process

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Codility has really helped us speed up our recruitment process enabling us to do all of our candidate testing pre-interview

Pros

Ease of use for candidates and hiring managers

Cons

Time consuming to 1st set up the system for use as you need to create all of your tests

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

We are really liking Codility

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Most importantly, codility allowed our organization to dramatically speed up our recruiting process without a loss in quality of screening.

Pros

The software gives us the ability to create a set of coding challenges tailored to the type of hire, with the right degree of difficulty. It also has the capability to detect cheating, which has been very helpful to root out candidates we wouldn't want. After having used the software awhile, we can now gauge how different candidates compare.

Cons

Not much honestly. It's working out pretty well.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

it's a great platform

Reviewed on 2019/02/02

Pros

I like to take tests on Codility, it's clear about requests and also it helps you through the process.

Cons

no cons about Codility, why would I have any?

Vikas S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool to filter out right candidates for your purpose

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Pros

- Getting a sense of pair programming with interviewee
- Enables screening candidates' coding ability

Cons

Not sure yet ... I've not explored all of it so far.

Ashish A.
  • Industry: Program Development

Online coding platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

I was invited to give an online test on this platform. I liked the practice problem that they have provided with every detailed explanations as well. The test cases for each problems are also very diverse.

Cons

When we are doing a problem, every easy test cases are provided. Once we submit the solution, it evaluates on a wide range of test cases depending on correctness and performance. But these test cases are not visible to the programmer. We can't see them for future reference purpose. It just show that this case failed.

Connor H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A New Standard of SaaS for Software Engineer Testing

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Exceptional customer service.

Pros

Variety of testing and personalization options ensures that we are efficiently structuring our interview process to gauge engineering effectiveness.

Cons

The UI, while getting better, still leaves somethings to be desired.

Italo R.

Best code assessment website

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

My experience was awesome in general. I liked to do the exercises; they're hard enough to get us interested in solving them. My only complain is I'd like to get the final report after an interview to be able to work on my weaknesses. That would be great.

Pros

The final report when we finish an exercise. It is simply awesome. We are able to quickly verify which area we should work harder to enhance/improve our skills.

Cons

The system blocks the final report if our recruiter doesn't allow us to see it. The feeling is like I will remain blind in front of my weaknesses.

Ben D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great tool

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

You can learn a lot about your candidates by giving the same tests.
I'm using it mostly with junior developers.

Pros

The ease of use and the candidate experience.

Cons

That I don't have enough candidats to use it more :)

Chiheb S.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Good and easy-to-use software

Reviewed on 2018/08/06

Pros

A really easy to use software.
The provided exercises and challenges are intresting.

Cons

The possibility for the user to explicitly tell if he/she used copy/paste from another editor. (Sometimes, one prefer to use his own editor and lately copy the solution to Codility)

David B.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

It was relatively straight forward with interactive guidelines on how to make things work

Reviewed on 2018/07/29

Pros

Adding test cases is easy and the interface is intuitive. Compared to some other websites the instructions are clear cut and I had no problems when using it.

Cons

Error messages can be vague. I can't recall since my last challenge was a few months ago, but I don't think the error message pointed me towards a specific line in my code.

Mark W.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Not an adequate test for most engineering roles.

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

If you use it, I would suggest the live-code feature where you screenshare and watch the applicant solve one larger problem, preferably one that relates to the job at hand rather than a mensa puzzle.

Make sure to review the failing submissions because in many cases, they had it right, but the machine graded them wrong, this could be for many reasons including the structure of the training set they were given was different from that of the testing data.

Over half of what our engineers do is debug, interpret existing code, and build infrastructure. None of these things are tested with Codility. If they do pass, they are proficient in at least one element of the job, but not necessarily the rest.

I interview any applicant who passes with 30% and always look at their code even if it failed.

Pros

It is deployable and easier for HR who don't understand code themselves.
The ability to compare to other programmers' skills is nifty.

Cons

Many of the problems are not completely presented (I.E. there are other factors that are not mentioned which would influence the code, so applicants who submit overly-thorough code will actually fail because the machine didn't like their answer.. it is a guessing game)

20 minute time limits to solve an algorithm problem are NEVER the case in real life.

Programmers do not work off memory, they work off documentation-- codility does not test on use of frameworks or libraries, only math concepts.

The IDE is limited, will delete the applicant's code if they switch languages momentarily.

António F.

Improvement

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

It's fast to have a real notion about the capabilities of the candidate.
We can get material to go deeper when we're interviewing candidate.

Pros

it's very easy to use.
Supports different programming languages and can be fitted to our needs as company.

Cons

Sometimes the ui/ux/layout of the product isn't easy to read the code until the end.
in 1 side we have the task and the other the result of it.
Would be good if we can improve the live code and also have like a whiteboard to interact with the candidate and solve challenges during an interview or even during the challenge.

Response from Codility

Thanks for the feedback António, great that you like how easy Codility is to use. Since you asked about interview functionalities, you might want to try our CodeLive product which gives you a shared interface with your candidate for solving challenges together or coding together on a whiteboard. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] and we'll give you a tour!

it's very helpful software

Reviewed on 2018/08/02

in one material, we can test with many programmer language.

Pros

i like the lesson. We can read the material before we can test our capability in mini test or challenge

Cons

in my first impression with this software, it's very user friendly. Not need many time to adapt with this software