Anedot

Powerful fundraising tools made easy for everyone

James A.

Comptroller/Treasurer

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

This company is great! So customer friendly, it's a nice change from most other applications out there.

Pros

Anedot seamlessly integrates with other applications and its easy for both customers and back end users.

Cons

When filtering to a date range, the filter also adds only contributions. I need to change it back to all transactions so I get the withdrawals as well.

Response from Anedot

James,

Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate your review, as well as the thoughtful feedback.

Frank C.

The Best Donation Platform on the Planet

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

The thing that is refreshing with Anedot is we have a regular schedule where donations are dropped into our bank account, so we don't have to fetch it like we did with PayPal.

Pros

Easy to use and set up with the Anedot Team. Minimalism approach to the design, they keep with is needed and remove the rest. Any time I have a questions they are right there to help me, and bend over backwards to help me complete my request.

Cons

We came over from PayPal and there we had an app for donations at our events. However, Anedot provides a text to give tool that seems to work just as good, if not better, than the app with our event donors.

Response from Anedot

Hi Frank,

Thank you for leaving such a kind review.
I'm happy to hear that you've had a great experience using Anedot. If you ever need any help or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Brad T.
  • Industry: Online Media

Fantastic resource for scaling your political campaign or non-profit website

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

I've been using Anedot since at least my own campaign for public office in 2013. As a website developer for several dozen different campaigns and non-profit organizations, I've also recommended Anedot many times as a price-effective option to manage compliance/reporting requirements, easy setup, and integration. I've also set up hundreds of donation pages for different clients, and using the Anedot page builder is very straight forward. For some campaigns with more initial capital and a higher volume of donors, it may make more sense to build your own complete platform with a lower transaction cost, but for smaller campaigns, the cost brings a lot of value. Also, for the very few times I've needed to reach out to their customer support (probably less than 5 times in 7 years) their staff has always been very friendly, knowledgable, and helpful.

Pros

Using Anedot allows campaigns and non-profit organizations to "hit the ground running" with the ability to start raising funds in a FEC-compliant manner as early as the same day they apply for their account. Hundreds of necessary elements are already implemented well, with options to customize the look and feel, collect custom donor data, collect donations by text, and create custom reports. Rather than needing to build out a custom platform each time requiring thousands of dollars of investment, campaigns can start collecting money quickly and securely.

Cons

There are a few elements that still need to be improved for more complete integration with some web campaigns, such as full native web embed (rather than using iframes), full CSS control of the layout, and full API integration for e-commerce and other tools. I understand these could lead to issues for some smaller campaigns, but these kinds of "power tools" would be very helpful for certain use cases.

Response from Anedot

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the review and the thorough feedback. We appreciate hearing from our customers.

Ryan P.

ANEDOT IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

I have worked with many different digital platform and credit card processing companies over the last 10 years and have found that one company and their service s stands out among the rest, and that is Anedot. After 5 years of working with them, I don't and have not had one complaint about the service they offer. On every level, they provide a service that meets and exceeds all expectations. The user friendliness they offer saves time and eliminates problems. The multiple options that they have provides for fast and efficient workflow that I allows me to provide the best of service to my clients. Anedot's prices are extremely competitive, although I would choose their service over any others even if their fees were doubled. Although they excel in all fields , I would have to say that the one thing that sticks out from working with them is their customer service., which in my 10 years experience is unprecedented. With other companies, you are lucky to find an email address of an actual representative in case of questions or issues. With Anedot, I have multiple email addresses and direct phone numbers of Anedot reps. Communication has never been an issue. Not only are they always there, but they reach out and contact me in regards to any issues or potential issues as soon as they happen to keep me in the loop and on top of everything./ They work hard to rectify problems such as payment chargebacks and donor issues, keeping myself updated on statuses and resolutions. And the politeness of anyone I have evr talked to from Anedot is and always has been welcoming and uplifting. It may at this point sound like I work for them and are just fillin gout the best review possible to help my company. That is not the case however. All of these things are 100% true and accurate, and personally, I am so busy right now with the election 2 weeks away, I don't have time to write reviews on anything.- But as a small piece of gratitude for all that they have done for me over the last few years, I will make time. Anedot is the best of the best.

Pros

Recommend your product.? No, I insist on your product. But in a situation where recommendation is my only input, I always recommend Anedot.

Cons

I got nothing.

Response from Anedot

Ryan,

Thank you for the very kind review. We appreciate your business and enjoy doing what we do -- so it makes it easy!

Thanks again :) Here to help!

Jinger K.
  • Industry: Political Organization

The best user friendly & bookkeeper friendly software around!

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Fantastic & I have had to use a few other platforms so I have them to compare to.

Pros

The set up of campaigns is easy to figure out. I love how you can design each differently. But from the bookkeeping side- the reporting capability is fantastic.

Cons

Forgive me if its a feature I don't know but if it could integrate with QuickBooks then my work life would be complete!

Response from Anedot

Jinger,

Thank you for the review and the kind words. We currently integrate with QuickBooks via Zapier. If you'd like help setting it up, please do not hesitate to contact our service team!

Carol R.
  • Industry: Accounting

BEST there is!

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

I have been using Anedot since they started. I am the Treasurer for candidates, legislators and Political Action Committees in Oregon. Anedot is the ONLY platform I use for my clients. They offer everything we need, along with fantastic customer Services and price. There are other platforms out there, but when you add up all the piece-meal costs, or the loss of time when you have to manually go up to get and/or transfer info, Anedot beats them all! Thank You to Anedot for providing not only the Best platform available, but a staff that no one can beat...they are the BEST!!! Thank you Anedot!

Pros

What is there not to love about Anedot? Everything!

Cons

there is nothing I do not like about Anedot

Response from Anedot

Carol,

Thank you for your very kind words. We love hearing from our happy customers!

Cameron H.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great Company, Great Support!

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Anedot has a fantastic team! With regular updates on projects and a support staff that is always readily available and helpful, Anedot is remembered and recommended for all the right reasons.

Pros

The ease of use for Anedot is great! The fact that there is no up-front costs and Anedot simply earns a portion of all donations received is great!

Cons

A minor thing is that the initial setup process and multi-step verification can be confusing for some clients, but I understand that it's best to be safe rather than sorry when it comes to security.

Response from Anedot

Cameron,

Thank you for the review and the kind words. We love serving our great customers like you!

CEO, Anedot

Loy S.

Anedot for Non-Profit Organizations - Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Anedot has provided an easy to implement solution for online payments for our non-profit. We are very satisfied with the service.

Pros

Anedot is easy to set up and can be used on a website for online payments or for online donations in the case of a non-profit entity. The Anedot administrator dashboard is easy to navigate and contains all the information an accountant would need for proper reporting.

Anedot has made improvements recently that allow online donations to be automatically transferred to the bank account you designate with frequencies of your choice: every 2 days, weekly or monthly.

Cons

Credit card processing fees are slightly above normal.

Response from Anedot

Loy,

We appreciate the review and the feedback! Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you.

Thomas D.

Amazing Product

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Pros

The product is very intuitive and easy to use. Much better product then it's competitors.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little difficult to get past compliance on opening an account. And when I ask why I get no reason for the deny.

Response from Anedot

Thomas,

Thank you for using Anedot!

We appreciate your review and your thoughtful feedback.

Chris M.

Best Political/Non-Profit Contribution Processor Around

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Pros

Outstanding customer service. Easy to use and customize. Easy for donors to use.

Cons

A very few features require company assistance to setup, but fewer all the time.

Response from Anedot

Chris,

Thanks for the review. Great things ahead!

Jody D.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Anedot helps make payments faster and easier

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Anedot has helped us get donations and payments for events must quicker and easier. Not sure that helps offset the cost but ease of use is our cost of "doing business" even though we are an organization not a company.

Pros

It is easy to set up and use. Anedot makes it easy to use and link to our website.

Cons

Features are fine but cost does hurt when you are a small organization like we are and every penny counts

Response from Anedot

Hi Jody,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Amanda G.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Trusted online credit card process

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Pros

I like the ease of use. It is easy to download and manipulate data as needed.

Cons

I wish there was a file format option to choose to download for FecFile.

Response from Anedot

Amanda,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback. We are always happy to assist and answer questions.

Rick S.

Fast onboarding

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Great solution to getting donations to the right place (my campaign bank account) quickly.

Pros

I was up and running within hours. Fine tuning takes a bit longer, but (my own) MVP was very fast.

Cons

They use some industry argot I am unfamiliar with, so had to figure it out. English really is a universal language, insiderspeak is not.

Response from Anedot

Rick,

Thank you for the review and the kind words. If you'd ever like our Success team to strategize or help fine-tune your donations pages, let us know!

Michelle M.

Great service

Really great!

Pros

Very easy to use! Makes everything as simple as possible. So reliable. Great support.

Cons

The app for iPhone isn’t as user friendly as stripe.

Response from Anedot

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the great review and feedback! We love hearing from our customers. Great things ahead!

Yvonne D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

So simple and easy!

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Excellent customer service. Employees get back to me within 12 hours usually.

Pros

Anedot is perfect for low-dollar fundraising campaigns. It makes email marketing so much easier! It's effortless to set up and brings great results.

Cons

Transaction fees are a bit high but that's to be expected.

Response from Anedot

Yvonne,

Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that Anedot has helped make your email marketing easier.

Randy K.

Buy Anedot

Reviewed on 2021/03/22

I would recommend Anedot to be used for both profit and non-profit entities, as well as political campaigns.

Pros

I used Anedot during my recent campaign and found it to be most useful and user friendly. It was cost effective and gave timely and accurate deposits. Your platform and system is worth using for all kinds of donations and the excellent enhancements and features you described below will only make it better. I recommend Anedot for anyone wanting a good and secure online donation platform.

Cons

Compared to other systems, Anedot is superior and performs very well.

Response from Anedot

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your review. We love hearing from our great customers!

Ed W.

Always Adding Features And Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

Excellent customer service and a constantly improving product. Very happy.

Pros

Anedot has a better close rate than the competing donation processors we have used. Also like that they are constantly improving the product and adding new features.

Cons

Have had a few issues over the years, many of which have been resolved by the new Action Pages. Perhaps the biggest missing thing is direct export for FECFile.

Response from Anedot

Hi Ed,

We appreciate the feedback. We're confident that Action Pages will make a big impact in fundraising. Thank you for your review!

CEO, Anedot

Susan B.

BBC Financial Secretary

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

During this time of Covid-19, Anedot has enabled our church to continue to receive our offerings without "skipping a beat." We have more and more younger families using it to give their tithes.

Pros

I am always notified by an email when we have a donation, so I do not have to continually check our account. It is always accurate and timely.

Cons

There's really nothing I dislike about Anedot.

Response from Anedot

Hi Susan,

Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a thoughtful review.

We love hearing from our customers, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can ever be of assistance.

Deborah O.

Why Anedot?

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

My donors feel a sense of security donating on this platform. I enjoy working with the team at Anedot.

Pros

Easy to use and affordable fees. Very efficient

Cons

funds transfer wasn't always immediate, but better now

Response from Anedot

Deborah,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities! Thanks again.

Jonathan B.

Simple, yet professional

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

We are just branching into the electronic donation world, and as we as a rule do not charge our missionaries for handling their funds, we have shied away from donor management that charges large fees, and deducts that from the donation without notifying the donor. I see this hugely impacting our donations in the future.

Pros

The ability to have multiple funds, unlimited donors, automatic receipting, recurring donations.. Every one of this company's listed benefits are amazing, for no monthly or yearly subscription fee. Couple that with their amazing Privacy statement, and Customer Service that is ready to help you whenever needed, and willing to customize things for your use. That is a company in a class of themselves.

Cons

I feel like if there were any cons with this software, by the time I would finish typing this review, They would be fixed. My experience is that they just care that much.

Response from Anedot

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the kind words! Our service team is passionate about helping our customers. As always, please let us know if we can further assist you.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Anedot is a great tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I would definitely recommend Anedot. Their product and support are top-notch. We will continue to use them in the future.

Pros

Anedot is a great tool for raising money. We use it for most of our non-profit work and small political campaigns. They have everything you need and they make reporting a breeze.

Cons

The setup process can take a few days to make sure that you are not a scammer or running a fraud.

Response from Anedot

Thank you for the thoughtful review. Happy to hear that you are pleased with our product and customer service! As you mentioned, we take the verification process very seriously. Our team examines each account and stops scammers before they can cause harm to donors. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you.

Ian S.

Love Anedot

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Pros

I love that I am able to customize the pages with different graphics, colors, and backgrounds. Also the ticket price option is a great feature.

Cons

The text formatting can sometimes be wonky.

Response from Anedot

Ian,

Thank you for the review. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can further assist you.

Kevin H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

My review

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

I had many donors that wanted to quickly and effortlessly make a donation and get a receipt. This platform was a solution.

Pros

It is a trusted donation platform among my audience.

Cons

I still don't know how to use it. I have my staff administering the changes and updates.

Response from Anedot

Kevin,

Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that your donors enjoy our quick and effortless donation process.

James F.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Anedot is Perfect for Local Elections

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

I am a treasurer for a local school board campaign.

Pros

The software is easy to use and has plenty of features. I like the you can require certain text fields for taking donations. For example, you can require the person's occupation.

Cons

I wish that the mobile app let you swipe credit cards.

Response from Anedot

James,

Thank you for the review! While we don't manufacture our own card readers, our mobile app is compatible with certain third-party card readers. Feel free to contact us and we will recommend a physical card reader that works with the app!

There is also a scan feature available for use on our app that allows you to scan the donor's card with the mobile device's camera. This scan function captures the same information that the card reader captures.

Jere F.

Love Anedot!

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

Pros

Customer service for Anedot is top-notch. Ease of use makes it a top-notch fundraising platform.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you're in it's all good!

Response from Anedot

Jere,

Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate the review and the kind words.