Anedot

Save time and money with powerful giving tools

Andrew
Andrew

One-stop shop to raise MORE money for churches & non-profits

Reviewed on 2021/06/02

Great experience working with Anedot. I recommend them to folks whenever I get a chance.

Pros

Firstly, the leadership and customer support team are top notch. They are a phone call or a text away whenever you run into an urgent issue. They have been willing to make adjustments on their end to get the product to do what we needed it to. They take feature suggestions seriously and are continually rolling out new, useful updates. Their backend is extremely well-designed and intuitive and packed with features if you dig deeper. The forms are extremely low-friction for users, presenting the fields prominently and beautifully. Tools to manage gift multipliers, recurring gifts and abandoned shopping carts are well-designed.

Cons

Anedot is not a full CRM solution. Larger orgs will want to use a CRM to manage their file. However for smaller churches and non-profits, I believe Anedot and something like Mailchimp would be all you need to run your online fundraising & generate necessary reports on progress. Exporting reports from Anedot is very straightforward - again, the reports are generated on a per-transaction basis - I haven't found a way to export activity (donation history) for a specific user. However for a smaller org that's not a real problem - You can export the transaction history and then play with the CSV in Excel to get more specific answers.

This isn't really a con. Few (reasonably priced) donation platforms offer a solid built-in CRM. You're not signing up with Anedot for a CRM - you're signing up with them because they have great forms that convert well, action pages (think petitions), competitive processing fees & absolutely stellar support.

Response from Anedot

Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Our team is passionate about serving our customers, so we're always happy to hear feedback like this!

Thanks again!

Pastor Doug

Anedot is the best processing option for our pro life nonprofit!

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

From day one to now, our first year with Anedot has been stellar. Every state affiliate of National Right To Life should use this firmly pro-life, firmly conservative payment processing company! It’s a fantastic suite of fundraising tools!

Pros

The customer support is phenomenal, the built in tools are excellent, and we could not be more thrilled with Anedot.

Cons

Very minor tweaks could be made to some built-in wording on reports and formatting improvement on email notifications. Customer support has forwarded these concerns to the proper folks and we are confident that improvements will result.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

PayPal is firmly pro-abortion. PayPal was expensive. PayPal is practically lousy when compared to the excellent set of fundraising tools for accepting online donations that are provided as a built-in part of Anedot.

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

Great functionality, ease-of-use, ease of set up, and knowing that the company is firmly conservative and firmly pro-life.

Response from Anedot

Pastor Doug,

Thank you for your kind words. I also appreciate the feedback that you passed along to the team. Great things ahead!

• Industry: Broadcast Media

I can't believe these other reviews are real

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

Simply resetting the password doesn't work. That's pretty basic functionality that shouldn't need a support ticket.

Pros

It manages and exports into easy to use excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Many of the basics of user experience are completely difunctional. Onboarding was tiresome and manual, with many delays that could have been avoided if there was any information communicated explaining what information was needed. But you deliver a piece of information - they get back to you 3 days to a week later, and let you know yet another piece of information is needed - which, if we had known about, would have been provided at the beginning of it. Customer service takes 24 hours. They charge too much for a lack of service.

Frank
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Does What It Says It Will Do

Reviewed on 2021/09/15

We were looking for donor fundraising software comparable to PayPal that shared our values. Anedot was not only hands-on from day one, but our donors seem to feel more comfortable supporting online now. Before we saw lots of checks by mail.

Pros

Very easy to use software, that donors find easy to use as well. If there is any question Anedot support is back to you in a reasonable amount of time ... but I've only had to contact them once in the two years we've been using this. The cost is comparable to PayPay that we were using, and Anedot accepts PayPal payments as well.

Cons

The donors create their own login, but I wish I had a way (or have not found) to create an address database for doing postal mailings. We have this set up in separate software which can seem redundant.

Cornerstone Software

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

It was suggested by other Catholic nonprofits who use Anedot.

PayPal Zettle

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

We felt their passion for helping people over them getting more customers.

Response from Anedot

Frank, I appreciate your kind words! We are passionate about helping our customers. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Wayne
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Easy, Secure, Affordable

Reviewed on 2021/09/15

Excellent

Pros

Great interface for the web donation page. Easy to build or modify. Makes recurring donations easy. Inexpensive for non-profits.

Cons

Have not figured out how to thank donor directly from the donation email, but probably my fault.

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

Anedot is easy to customize for non-profits and is genuinely built for donations.

Better.

Response from Anedot

Wayne, Thanks for leaving a review! We can definitely help you set up thank you emails. Reach out to [email protected] and our team will assist you. Here to help, Paul Dietzel Founder, Anedot

Yvonne
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

So simple and easy!

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Excellent customer service. Employees get back to me within 12 hours usually.

Excellent customer service. Employees get back to me within 12 hours usually.

Pros

Anedot is perfect for low-dollar fundraising campaigns. It makes email marketing so much easier! It's effortless to set up and brings great results.

Cons

Transaction fees are a bit high but that's to be expected.

Reasons for Switching to Anedot

Stripe requires developer setup. WinRed is too political.

Response from Anedot

Yvonne,

Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to hear that Anedot has helped make your email marketing easier.

Connie
  • Industry: Accounting

Best software in the USA

Reviewed on 2021/03/26

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use and the professionalism of every single person I have talked with. Always ready to help and solve problem.

Cons

I like everything, so far I have nothing to complain.

Response from Anedot

Hi Connie,

Thank you for your five-star review!

We're always happy to hear from satisfied customers.

Shawn

Political fundraising.

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

I switch from another platform for my re-election campaign last year. Seamless and ended all the glitches and double charges I was getting from previous provider.

Pros

Clear communication, seamless, very responsive, no hidden fees.

Cons

None really. If they wanted to do it for free that would be awesome but not really a great business model.

Response from Anedot

Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the review and for the kind words. We're always happy to hear from satisfied customers!

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any assistance.

James
James

Comptroller/Treasurer

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

This company is great! So customer friendly, it's a nice change from most other applications out there.

Pros

Anedot seamlessly integrates with other applications and its easy for both customers and back end users.

Cons

When filtering to a date range, the filter also adds only contributions. I need to change it back to all transactions so I get the withdrawals as well.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Anedot

Lack of customer service.

Usability, cost, customer service

Response from Anedot

James,

Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate your review, as well as the thoughtful feedback.

Jacob
Jacob

Great donation service!

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

My overall experience has been extremely positive - I have really nothing bad to say, only a few improvements that could possibly be made.

Pros

I really like how intuitive the online dashboard is. It allows even an inexperienced user to perform advanced functions, see donor information, and more. I also like how responsive the support team is - they had me up and running the very next day, literally within hours.

Cons

I don't like that there aren't many customization features, particularly when it comes to sharing the donation page onto your own website. They try to force you to use the Anedot website to take donations, which I don't like as it takes away from the customization options that should be available.

Response from Anedot

Jacob,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this thoughtful review. Happy to hear you have had a positive experience with Anedot!

Ryan

ANEDOT IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS

Reviewed on 2016/10/26

I have worked with many different digital platform and credit card processing companies over the last 10 years and have found that one company and their service s stands out among the rest, and that is Anedot. After 5 years of working with them, I don't and have not had one complaint about the service they offer. On every level, they provide a service that meets and exceeds all expectations. The user friendliness they offer saves time and eliminates problems. The multiple options that they have provides for fast and efficient workflow that I allows me to provide the best of service to my clients. Anedot's prices are extremely competitive, although I would choose their service over any others even if their fees were doubled. Although they excel in all fields , I would have to say that the one thing that sticks out from working with them is their customer service., which in my 10 years experience is unprecedented. With other companies, you are lucky to find an email address of an actual representative in case of questions or issues. With Anedot, I have multiple email addresses and direct phone numbers of Anedot reps. Communication has never been an issue. Not only are they always there, but they reach out and contact me in regards to any issues or potential issues as soon as they happen to keep me in the loop and on top of everything./ They work hard to rectify problems such as payment chargebacks and donor issues, keeping myself updated on statuses and resolutions. And the politeness of anyone I have evr talked to from Anedot is and always has been welcoming and uplifting. It may at this point sound like I work for them and are just fillin gout the best review possible to help my company. That is not the case however. All of these things are 100% true and accurate, and personally, I am so busy right now with the election 2 weeks away, I don't have time to write reviews on anything.- But as a small piece of gratitude for all that they have done for me over the last few years, I will make time. Anedot is the best of the best.

Pros

Recommend your product.? No, I insist on your product. But in a situation where recommendation is my only input, I always recommend Anedot.

Cons

I got nothing.

Response from Anedot

Ryan,

Thank you for the very kind review. We appreciate your business and enjoy doing what we do -- so it makes it easy!

Thanks again :) Here to help!

Brad
  • Industry: Online Media

Fantastic resource for scaling your political campaign or non-profit website

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

I've been using Anedot since at least my own campaign for public office in 2013. As a website developer for several dozen different campaigns and non-profit organizations, I've also recommended Anedot many times as a price-effective option to manage compliance/reporting requirements, easy setup, and integration. I've also set up hundreds of donation pages for different clients, and using the Anedot page builder is very straight forward. For some campaigns with more initial capital and a higher volume of donors, it may make more sense to build your own complete platform with a lower transaction cost, but for smaller campaigns, the cost brings a lot of value. Also, for the very few times I've needed to reach out to their customer support (probably less than 5 times in 7 years) their staff has always been very friendly, knowledgable, and helpful.

Pros

Using Anedot allows campaigns and non-profit organizations to "hit the ground running" with the ability to start raising funds in a FEC-compliant manner as early as the same day they apply for their account. Hundreds of necessary elements are already implemented well, with options to customize the look and feel, collect custom donor data, collect donations by text, and create custom reports. Rather than needing to build out a custom platform each time requiring thousands of dollars of investment, campaigns can start collecting money quickly and securely.

Cons

There are a few elements that still need to be improved for more complete integration with some web campaigns, such as full native web embed (rather than using iframes), full CSS control of the layout, and full API integration for e-commerce and other tools. I understand these could lead to issues for some smaller campaigns, but these kinds of "power tools" would be very helpful for certain use cases.

Response from Anedot

Hi Brad,

Thank you for the review and the thorough feedback. We appreciate hearing from our customers.

Bobbie Jo

Great for nonprofits!

Reviewed on 2021/06/02

Pros

Anedot is super simple to customize and set up different campaigns. They offer a nonprofit rate and the option for the donor to cover the fees which is a huge win in the nonprofit world!

Cons

Only negative is that it is another login that donors have to know if they'd like to change/update their reoccurring donations.

PayPal

Response from Anedot

Bobbie Jo,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback! We are always happy to assist and answer questions.

Nicholas

Anedot makes you a pro!

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

With Anedot's features and customer support, even a new fundraiser will look like a pro! Best in class!

Pros

Anedot's campaigns are customizable without being too confusing. They look great and are easy to manage! Plus I love the integration with Mailchimp!

Cons

I'm excited Anedot has begun implementing action pages and looking forward to the events features down the road as well as web store abilities.

Response from Anedot

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for the review and for the kind words. We're always happy to hear from our customers!

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of any assistance.

Jinger
  • Industry: Political Organization

The best user friendly & bookkeeper friendly software around!

Reviewed on 2020/09/02

Fantastic & I have had to use a few other platforms so I have them to compare to.

Pros

The set up of campaigns is easy to figure out. I love how you can design each differently. But from the bookkeeping side- the reporting capability is fantastic.

Cons

Forgive me if its a feature I don't know but if it could integrate with QuickBooks then my work life would be complete!

Response from Anedot

Jinger,

Thank you for the review and the kind words. We currently integrate with QuickBooks via Zapier. If you'd like help setting it up, please do not hesitate to contact our service team!

Brandon
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Anedot Increased Our Online Giving

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

The experience has been great. Our online giving increased. The customer support has been fantastic.

Pros

I love the features and the customization. One reason I believe our giving increased when we switched from PayPal to Anedot is the fact that Anedot allowed us to carry our branding over to the giving platform, so you still feel like you are within our website. You have our logo, our colors, our campaign description, etc. I also love that the developers are continuing to enhance the product. When we first switched, Anedot was limited to card transactions. Now we have ACH. Other enhancement requests that I have submitted, I learned were already in the works. They are ahead of the game.

Cons

You have the ability to run reports showing the transaction history, but they are on-demand reports, meaning someone has to log in to run them. I would like to see these scheduled to run monthly and automatically email to the user.

Response from Anedot

Brandon,

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We rely heavily on customer feedback, so we always appreciate reviews. Great things ahead!

Carol
  • Industry: Accounting

BEST there is!

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

I have been using Anedot since they started. I am the Treasurer for candidates, legislators and Political Action Committees in Oregon. Anedot is the ONLY platform I use for my clients. They offer everything we need, along with fantastic customer Services and price. There are other platforms out there, but when you add up all the piece-meal costs, or the loss of time when you have to manually go up to get and/or transfer info, Anedot beats them all! Thank You to Anedot for providing not only the Best platform available, but a staff that no one can beat...they are the BEST!!! Thank you Anedot!

Pros

What is there not to love about Anedot? Everything!

Cons

there is nothing I do not like about Anedot

Response from Anedot

Carol,

Thank you for your very kind words. We love hearing from our happy customers!

Ed

Always Adding Features And Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

Excellent customer service and a constantly improving product. Very happy.

Excellent customer service and a constantly improving product. Very happy.

Pros

Anedot has a better close rate than the competing donation processors we have used. Also like that they are constantly improving the product and adding new features.

Cons

Have had a few issues over the years, many of which have been resolved by the new Action Pages. Perhaps the biggest missing thing is direct export for FECFile.

Response from Anedot

Hi Ed,

We appreciate the feedback. We're confident that Action Pages will make a big impact in fundraising. Thank you for your review!

CEO, Anedot

Norberto "Geremy"
Norberto "Geremy"
  • Industry: Political Organization

I would recommend this product for every campaign

Reviewed on 2021/06/02

Pros

This program makes it very easy to report donations. If there were a way to insert spending into the application, then campaigns would be saved so much time with one large report rather than having to consolidate.

Cons

I do not like the mobile version of this application. It is not user-friendly and there are not many options.

Response from Anedot

Norberto,

Thank you for taking the time to review Anedot. We appreciate hearing from our customers!

Cameron
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great Company, Great Support!

Reviewed on 2020/12/04

Anedot has a fantastic team! With regular updates on projects and a support staff that is always readily available and helpful, Anedot is remembered and recommended for all the right reasons.

Pros

The ease of use for Anedot is great! The fact that there is no up-front costs and Anedot simply earns a portion of all donations received is great!

Cons

A minor thing is that the initial setup process and multi-step verification can be confusing for some clients, but I understand that it's best to be safe rather than sorry when it comes to security.

Response from Anedot

Cameron,

Thank you for the review and the kind words. We love serving our great customers like you!

CEO, Anedot

Christopher

If you're a non-profit, then you need Anedot.

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

The customer service has been excellent. I've had the Anedot team help me out on Saturday mornings before. They are there to serve you.

Pros

The upsell and donor recovery features alone make it worth any higher cost than using Paypall for your donation pages. You will make more money by converting at a higher rate.

Cons

I do hope Anedot adds a few more features to their donation pages like pledges or exit popup messages.

Response from Anedot

Christopher,

Thank you for using Anedot! We appreciate the review, as well as the thoughtful feedback.

• Industry: Political Organization

Anedot is great for raising money in a user friendly, donor friendly platform

Reviewed on 2018/09/15

Anedot has great customer service and is very easily accessible. Great team and product! Best in the business.

Pros

I love the customizable donate pages and the data collection tools.

Cons

I like least the lack of integrations with email marketing opportunities - an integration with mailchimp or another email sender would be a huge asset for campaigns.

Response from Anedot

Update: Since the time of this review we have added integrations with several email sending platforms including:

- SendGrid
- Sendy.co
- Mailchimp
- Klaviyo
- Iterable
- ActiveCampaign
- EmailOctopus
- And more!

Thank you for the review!

Jeremy
Jeremy
  • Industry: Political Organization

Anedot is the best out there for fundraising! team are like family to us.

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Very happy that over a year ago we made the switch to Anedot. I'll never forget my first interaction with Anedot. We got a new client at the firm and I noticed he had it instead of the usual ActBlue. I called after-hours to inquire and left a voicemail---the next thing I know the CEO is calling me at night. I felt terrible at first, thinking I hit the wrong number, but he quickly explained he monitored after-hours messages.

Pros

Easy to use, quick, and great customer service. Love the chat feature. Everything is just simple. You can resolve most issues without even having to pick up the phone.

Cons

No complaints at the moment---but always anxious for updates and more features.

Response from Anedot

Jeremy,

Thank you for the review. Always happy to hear from a satisfied customer. Great things ahead!

Paul

PDS Review

Reviewed on 2016/10/19

I'm a fan of the product though we use it pretty narrowly. I would like to see the ability to download activity that ties in with the transfer to the bank account. From my perspective that would be more efficient for bank reconciliations.

Pros

Clean simple interface.

Cons

Data entry sequencing could be better. When keying in donors for processing, it sort of jumps around the fields in an awkward way. Add a field for Source Code for the reciept.

Response from Anedot

Thanks for the feedback Paul! We're working to get those reports automated soon and have some exciting updates for the internal form also coming (including source codes for the internal keyed donations)! Great things ahead!

Jason
Jason
  • Industry: Government Administration

Anedot - Reliable Service - A Must Have

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

I’ve used Anedot with two political campaigns and have found that donors enjoy the security and ease in donating and I can track it all seamlessly.

Pros

The flexiblity and integration with other software tools. It works great with Facebook Pages or just in sharing the link.

Cons

The only downside is the bank’s timeframe for processing the deposits and that is not something Anedot can control.

Response from Anedot

Jason,

Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that your donors feel safe donating with Anedot. Security and donor privacy are some of our top priorities!