Power Diary

Practice management software for health professionals

Rebecca U.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Best decision I made for my practice

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

The best thing about PowerDiary would have to be the time savings having everything incorporated into the one program, being able to send/receive SMS including automated reminders, AND being able to export directly to Xero! It’s great! It is so simple to use as well and there are always new features being added. Customer support are also fabulous when you need a hand with something!

Cons

I dislike that I have my calendar set up in 30min timeslots so I have to scroll to view the entire day. Nothing major! Oh & I wish you could send faxes from PowerDiary.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for your lovely review. We love hearing that Power Diary is saving you lots of time! Will add your improvement ideas to our list (we prioritise the ones we get the most interest in).
All the best,
Fiona

Elizabeth P.

Private practice assistant

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Staying up to date. For example, online booking people don't have to catch us in business hours, they can book anytime. Being able to take a payment within the software, in person or over the phone saves money from missed payments. No one carries cash anymore.

Pros

Powerdiary gives ease to my everyday business tasks, from storing my client statistical data, automatic client number generation, online booking and invoicing. It makes business run more smoothly as it is inituitive and the client information is quick at hand when needed. It is so easy to navigate, my staff have required minimal training to use it. Being able to see the little note on the current appointment diary, when the client's next appointment is scheduled or previous booking was, is very helpful and time saving. It allows you to jump straight to it with one click of the mouse.

Cons

The additional charge for sms reminders in today's tech environment is a little disappointing, as locally, unlimited sms are included in most data plans. However, if it for the moment this means keeping costs down and I can choose to use or not then it is only a minor concern.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the great review Elizabeth!

We'd love it if we could provide free SMS functionality as well, however sadly those unlimited SMS plans that come with mobile or data plans are not available for commercial use / sending via a platform. The telcos know there are only so many SMS you can send manually from your phone :)

Johanna D.

Great system for my business and does everything I want it to do

Reviewed on 2019/07/13

I am very happy with the performance and customer service of PD. Yes it is a monthly investment but it’s worth the ease and help it brings to my company.

Pros

Power diary is very easy to work with. It integrates with Xero and does what you need a system to do. Customer service is always great, you’ll always receive a reply and answer. And even if certain features are not available yet, they listen and make changes to the system to make it more user friendly. It is a very user friendly system.

Cons

The notes feature in Power diary could do with some improvement but that said, it is already improved heaps from how it was but could still do with some tweaking to make it better.
Bulk communication could have more parameters to choose from (eg location etc)

Response from Power Diary

Hi Johanna, thanks for your lovely feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the customer service and also our continual improvements. We're continuing to improve the notes section (lots of preformatted templates coming up soon). Of course, if you have specific ideas, please send a note to our support team (or by chat) and we'll add them to our requests.
Glad to hear you saying Power Diary is a very user friendly system - exactly what we're striving towards!

Kim C.

Power Diary is an amazing tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

I am not solving any business problems, but love the convenience of being able to remote in from any device anywhere to access it.

Pros

I am not an IT person and I can use the product easily. It makes simple sense. Little features to help make it more timely for all.

Cons

It assumes everyone sees different people. Which mans if I put a referral into persons A diary and person B is seeing the same person, the can not set settings for their use, only the main diary persons use. So each time the client comes in, they have to change their settings and billing options and referrals. It can confuse medicare to no end.Though this is said to be a a modification for the future.
As the other diaries in our system are contractors I would have liked to be able to have the option to calculate a split fee from it as all the finances, i.e. who has been paid, what is outstanding, is in the system, but it will not allow this.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Kim,
Thanks for your great review and feedback! Regarding different providers serving the same client, the system should automatically pull all the right Medicare provider information based on the diary the client was booked into. When submitting a Medicare claim you're also able to select a different referral as needed from the dropdown list without needing to change the client's overall billing or referral setup. I hope this helps, but if we can be of any assistance with this please let us know.
- Damien

Jasmine F.

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Pros

Powerdiary is an easy interface to use, with all the basic functions required for calendar bookings and management software for health professionals. It allows for efficient booking and communication with clients.

Cons

As a standalone software it works well. However the linking process with Xero has major room for improvement and is not linked with the governments My Health Record.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review Jasmine. If we can help you with anything regarding Xero please let our Support team know. We recently became an accredited Xero partner.

We are watching the My Health Record adoption and utilisation patterns closely . There have been issues with the uptake and utilisation rates of this which the government are working on. Once the outcomes of this are clearer we will be in a better position to evaluate what type of integration will best meet our users' needs. It'd be great to get your thoughts on this: [email protected] In the interim My Health Records can still be accessed via the Provider Portal.

Prue D.

Power Diary rocks

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

As a sole trader, Power Diary allows me to spend more time focussing on my clients whilst keeping up to date with appointments, record keeping, filing, bookkeeping and managing client relationships quickly and effectively throughout the day. As a business owner the reporting features allow me to access key data which helps me make astute business decisions.

Pros

The support. When I have a question, problem or challenge, help is always on hand as soon as I ask for it. The assistance provided is always relevant and effective, and on the rare occasions I want to do something that is not available that is quickly identified so no wasting time trying to do the impossible. All those things to date have been implemented in upgrades, so they really do listen!

Cons

It can’t do the washing up, the laundry, the vacuuming and dusting, nor can it put out the rubbish. ;D

Sage A.

Flexible and Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Very positive and helpful customer service.

I find it expensive for my needs (I see only 1-3 home patients a week since I closed the practice really) but powerdiary kindly adjusted that for me and met my concerns so I stayed on.

Pros

I like the way it is formatted, how easy it is to see and view an entire page, and navigate all the functions.
I find it flexible and very easy to work with.
I like that you can turn a cancelled appointment red and that you don’t lose it on the page.

Cons

I don’t like the new navigation bar on the right hand dude, it is too full of too many details, and takes up too much of the page. I like the simple, slimmer version best.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review, Sage! We're constantly reviewing the interface and trying to make it as usable as possible, while including all the information that people want to see. We'll continue to tweak and improve it!
-- Fiona

Tarina W.

A comprehensive practice management system that is easy to use and has great customer support.

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Pros

Easy to use .
Comprehensive, it does everything I need including financials.
I love the SMS reminders.
Excellent prompt technical support.

Cons

The only problem is I have encountered were to do with my Internet connectivity, which makes an entirely web based practice management system a little tricky.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Tarina, Thanks for your review. One tip if you ever run into difficulty with your practice's internet connection - most smartphones have a 'hot spot' function which broadcasts a wifi network using it's mobile data. Your office computers can connect to this like any other network so it is a great backup internet option. Of course Power Diary works great on mobile devices as well so this is another option if your internet every goes down. - Damien

Emily B.

Great software!

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

I have really liked it, it's been easy to use and updated reasonably regularly with good updates.

Pros

It's really easy and intuitive to use! Even for new people it's easy to explain and there are heaps of potential options for labels and flags so easy to tailor how you want!

Cons

I think more could be done for confidentiality, there is a privacy mode (which hides everything) but similar programs allow for partially de-identified screens (e.g. just having initials, or first initial with a client code).

Response from Power Diary

Hi Emily, thanks so much for your feedback. Glad to hear that your new team members find it easy to use. We will put your suggestion into our list of requests - if we get enough demand for this, we'll make it a priority :)

Fiona J.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Super!!! all round a very good online diary

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

I've had very few problems but when I do customer service is 10 out of 10 so efficient and friendly.. the one thing I'm not convinced with, and probably could be improved is the credit card payment platform system , Ive had issues with that

Pros

Easy !once you get the handle of it.. the set up is very good with so many features

Cons

A little awkward to start with eg: setting up times gaps etc once done it all works so well . The price is probably high end but worth it..

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the great review Fiona! Also I double-checked and the credit card processing issue we experienced with your account earlier this year has been resolved. Your subscription should go through as normal. Thanks again - Damien

Liz M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Power Diary- an easy to use program

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

Pretty good, I haven't had time to familiarise myself with all aspects.

Pros

Help is there if you need it. It is easy to use, pretty straight forward. can do a lot with it.

Cons

The inability to be able to write your letters and reports using your own address logo.
That changes happen so frequently and aren't always described
The fact that you can't generate a list of clients that have not attended since 3 months ago
fact that it doesn't have the capacity to send letters to medical practitioners through the system.

Lauren H.

Great customizable practice software

Reviewed on 2019/07/14

The customer service team are very responsive. There are often improvements made to the software, e.g. adding new features, which is also a bonus.

Pros

It is able to easily be customized for the way I run my practice. I also like that I can set up a receptionist account where they have the client details they need but do not have access to client notes

Cons

It is expensive. It was half price for the first year and now it is back to regular price. I am in private practice only one day a week but the software fee is still the same. The rest of my work is corporate. PowerDiary's monthly fee is six times the monthly fee of my other invoicing software.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for the review Lauren. Great to hear how Power Diary is helping you run your practice! In terms of pricing, the full rate for a solo practitioner should be $12+gst per week. If your subscription is higher than this please check that you only have one Calendar active having additional Calendars would place you a higher plan. Of course if you have any questions please let us know via [email protected] or jump on a live chat.
- Damien

Catherine L.

Good online product for therapy business

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Overall I find Powerdiary a helpful service to organise my notes and invoicing for my clients. I find it useful to be able to email invoices directly from the clients file.

Pros

Easy to keep track of client invoices and notes.
Able to use on phone.
Calendar syncs to google calendar.

Cons

Unable to change details on invoice versus receipt.
Some difficulty finding the correct place to change details that appear on invoice.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for your review, Catherine! Remember, if you ever need any help setting up your invoice templates, just get in touch with our support team! Glad that it's helping streamline your processes though.
Fiona

Robyn T.

Power diary first review

Reviewed on 2019/07/14

Efficiency and time saving - especially with client communication and billing.

Pros

Communication options. Sending messages , reminders to clients
Also, record keeping and invoicing. It has assisted me greatly to keep my patient notes and invoices etc organised.

Cons

Not able to automatically send different sms reminders.
The cost is as I am a sole practitioner working part time.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for your review. With the reminders you customise the type, content and timing of your reminders in Setup -> Configuration -> Reminders. We'll also added an option so that you can now send up to three appointment reminders anytime between 1 and 7 days prior to their appointment.

If we can help you with anything please let us know on [email protected] jump on a live chat.

-Damien

Karen M.

Sole operator

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Power Diary are very quick to respond to queries - I feel fully supported by the product. The reminder text that is originated from the e-diary has completely turned around my did-not-attends. The diary pays for itself in client attendance.

Pros

I have easy access to my diary within my phone - regardless of where I am.

Cons

There’s one step of saving the appointment that can cause the appointment to not be saved if I’m not careful.

Lisa simone J.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

I think it's best to be honest with reviews and so I am generally quite critical but I can wholeheartedly recommend Powerdiary and don't have anything negative to say at all!

Pros

Powerdiary is incredibly intuitive, I have looked at nearly all of the alternative systems on the market and knew straight away that this was the one for us. The support is second to none, I received two hours of one-to-one free training with the option of more if needed. I think it's priced perfectly too and will grow in line with our practice. I haven't fully tested the invoicing/financial side yet but it looks like it will make our accounting more robust and streamlined in the long term.

Cons

We are a psychotherapy practice and so would like to be able to use codes instead of full names to protect the privacy of our clients.

Response from Power Diary

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your lovely review - we really appreciate getting feedback like this.

Wilhelm H.

Impresssed

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

It saves money and I know more who is coming to their appointment and who is not

Pros

Power Diary is easy to use and very reliable. The cost of the program is offset with the amount of clients who don't miss an appointment or when cancelling I can book people on waiting list.

Cons

Recent changes require more steps than before for leaving messages to the client

Joanna Z.

Very good program

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

It has been mostly positive.

Pros

Multiple user features; upload files and reports feature; MEDICARE compatibility; Notes writing feature; Reports features

Cons

When writing notes, there is no feature of bold, underlining features, nor different font size.

Angelo C.

PowerDiary use

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Very happy with this product, the ease associated with using it, and the great technical support offered.

Pros

Simple system to operate and great technical support.

Cons

Does not yet include a confidential communication system for emails to GPs of sensitive information.
No longer offering technical support over the telephone.

Nicholas K.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

User friendly practice management system

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Good.

Pros

I'm still using the system. I like that there are continual improvements to the system.

Cons

loss of default-contact details when an invoiced is saved; SMS costs.

Sue T.

Best Practice Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Running the day to day business is very good.
Minimal glitches and always very quick response.

Pros

Tech Back up
Functionality really works very well for us

Cons

Changes are made without notifying us otherwise great

Fabian M.

Been great

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

The use of Mail Chimp I am not ofay with but would be beneficial to use more of

Pros

Evolving product changing for the better

Cons

Nothing too much as it kept changing for the better.. sms cost was the only thing

Daniel J.

Feedback

Customer service is great

Pros

Simple, basic for the fitness industry no unnecessary components

Cons

Not an entirely fitness only software product.

Therrie R.

good value

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

booking clients, sending reminders, arranging Medicare payments,

Pros

It is easy to use and mostly reliable. (why do I have to write a novel here?)

Cons

it has a habit of autofilling with the wrong information when I don't want it to

Alison E.

Review after using for 13 months

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Pros

Convenience of iPad use in multiple locations

Cons

The new look side panel in the appointment diary. Creating an invoice is now confusing and inefficient. The old look was straightforward and user friendly. I would like to have the option to keep using it.

Response from Power Diary

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It'd be great to learn more about your experiences with the new Appointment Panel. If there are any aspects that are making it less efficient for you to use please let us know via [email protected] or jump on a live chat.
- Damien