Shopmonkey

4,9 (175)
Cloud-based auto repair shop management software

Micah P.

Fantastic software!

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

Pros

Being mobile, having a cloud based software that had a professional look, inventory, matrixes and great features was essential. I enjoy working with another startup and seeing all the new features coming out.

Cons

I do seem to get glitches in the software when new features roll out but they disappear quickly. Any issues I have had that needed me to talk with support have been solved within minutes unlike my last software that never fixed the one issue I had.

Moustafa I.

M-TECH PERFORMANCE

Reviewed on 2021/07/07

Shopmonkey has been there for me since day one always Improving and always there to help or listen def. a top tier automotive Point of Sales repair order customer retention program!

Pros

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE.
It really keeps all the repair orders in order and my techs and service advisor all on the same page. As well as the customer easily being update through the software

Cons

My wife doesn’t like when i use it at home !
And they need more labor times for European vehicles Mercedes specifically but the fact they even offer labor times is a plus so really not a con

The Digital Shop

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Needed a change all data does not even do a fraction of what Shopmonkey does

ALLDATA

Better customer communication and the 30 day free trial sells it self
Brayden S.

Why i switched to Shop-Ware

Reviewed on 2021/01/08

It was great to start out with, but for the price and the features usable its not work it. Shop-ware is way better built out for just a little bit more. No feature talks with the entire software so you find yourself repeating the same thing on multiple pages to keep information the same across the platform.

Pros

its pretty and almost there. It looks better than it is. The customer support is great and very responsive. It got us out of Mitchell 1. Its hard to write Pros because everything I like about SM has a flaw that pushed us away from it.

Cons

* YOUR INFORMATION WILL NOT TRANSFER TO OTHER MANAGEMENT SOFTWARES!*
Id like to see feature role out that are complete and note just 50% there. Every new feature i see are half baked. Nothing talks to each other in the software. Its pretty, but not functional for anyone looking to improve workflow; every step requires 6 more steps to ensure everything is working together as it should, but that usually requires alot of cut and paste and work arounds. In particular the new tech view is awful! As an admit i cant complete things, see progress without diving into the tech view. Why this was a priority over a service manager being able to see a snapshop view in the workflow of how far along a job is baffles me. Its like the staff here has never worked in a shop before or managed one. The priority needs to switch to management and workflow speed. SM makes things take so long because it has to done several times so that information is congruent throughout the software.

Shop-Ware

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Mitchel is outdated and overpriced

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Because at face value it looked like it had all the features it claims. But after using it, it truly does not, at least not yet.

Response from Shopmonkey

Thank you for your feedback, we strive to provide the best software solution possible and your feedback helps get us closer to that goal. That said, we never keep our customer's data captive. All of your customer and shop data is exportable, and if you have an active subscription, we're happy to help with this as needed. We have also taken large steps to provide a more efficient workflow, fewer clicks to complete operations, and we've put a strong focus on improving the tech and admin views. We've recently released Shopmonkey for Techs mobile app that's designed for the day-to-day technician operations with a to-do list to track progress on the job.
We actually do have a number of employees that either own or ran a shop, and we make customer visits a priority to ensure our roadmap is inline with your operational needs.

We've taken every piece of your feedback to heart and have addressed with our product team. We're sad to see you go, but we wish you nothing but the best!

Gary N.

Working with the monkeys

Reviewed on 2021/11/02

copy and paste from 2 above , word to your mother . . . . .

Pros

The team on the intercom chat

The team has always been MORE than helpful in helping me understand how to operate this system , no matter how big or small of a problem i was having .

These 3 people stuck out to me in a BIG way, i am naming them in chronological order of my Shop monkey encounters

[SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Now i am NOT going to say these 3 people deserve a raise , because that would be insulting to the company and the individuals themselves . These 3 people need to be sitting at a table and making decisions for the sake of the company , as well as the consumer.

I make this decision based on their work ethic , their interaction with their customers, and their overall demeanor. As a small business owner / operator myself, I look for a certain head on a certain set of shoulders. They passed the tests. Do the company a favor and Bring these guys up , have them train the next generation, and set them at the company table with you guys . I would like to go into detail about EACH interaction with you guys. I CAN AND WILL justify every statement made about each interaction.

Cons

In my opinion , a " pay per feature " instead of the bundles packages . . . . . . . .i would buy more features TODAY , but the bundling is WACK

ALLDATA and Mitchell RepairCenter

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Youtube and face book just kept ranting and raving about them
Adrian S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Outstanding product and the best support team!

Reviewed on 2021/06/18

Really very good! The onboarding and support team is exceptional and they really listen to what you have to say and do everything they can to get you back on track after any issues.

Pros

This software is the foundation that allows my business to operate. Highlights for me (running a custom van conversion shop):

- Being able to speak to customers in a threaded message system with email and SMS - so good. Allows you to quickly pull up a conversation thread when the customer calls or drops in, and in an instant refreshes your memory on what you last talked about. Essential when you have many leads, and a complicated product or service where it is not straight forward and there is a lot of communication needed with the customer

- The 'board' view in the workflow tab. Another great feature where you can progress customer projects from left to right in a Kanban style. Instantly see what where projects are at and triage/prioritize.

- Tech time clocks. Self explanatory, but a life saver and yet 3rd party app eliminated! Techs can just clock in and clock out and it gives me as the owner, total granular detail on what projects took a long time, and where improvements need to be made

- Integration with Quickbooks. As as long time small business owner, I have always loved using Quickbooks, so when I found out that Shopmonkey integrates (really well) will Quickbooks, I was very pleased. All of the front end dealings with customers can happen in SM, and then when they are all paid, it auto updates and ties everything back to QBO. Amazing!

Can't recommend this product enough.

Cons

The inventory management and ease of sending out POs to vendors needs some improvement. The basics are there, but some additional functionality would be good.

Terry D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Best Software that you can get for any automotive shop!!!

Reviewed on 2021/10/06

The service from the original demo , the set up, the training and the tech support is second to none!

Pros

This software allows you to see everything at once! From creating an estimate, setting appointment, issuing PO's, profitability, labeling any and all items, and taking payments! It truly does everything and does it well!

Cons

No Complaints at all! I have not found anything yet that is not useful or stepped our business flow up!

Jack F.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great for our small shop!

Reviewed on 2021/12/01

Pros

ShopMonkey is a great, off-the-shelf product for our growing RV service business. We are very much a niche business, so not all of the features are usable for us. However the support crew does a great job in helping us find workaround solutions.

Cons

The main items that shopmonkey needs to be working on would be integration with vendors for part pricing. Other products have figured this out and I look forward to the day that shopmonkey can come up to speed on this very important aspect

Cahl S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Best shop management software I've come across.

Reviewed on 2021/12/06

Very pleased with the software.

Pros

Ease of use. Customize-able. SMS messaging to and from customers for fast, easy communication.

Cons

Labor times parts procurement is off from time to time.

Rex W.

Shopmonkey Review

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

It's been great. If there is ever a question about something i can just chat online and the issue is resolved in less than 5 minutes

Pros

Easy of use. Very clean and user friendly

Cons

scheduling

Ray R.

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Pros

it helps me manage my real estate business

Cons

some of their products are expensive compared to what else is out there

Randy E.

Streamline shop workflow

Reviewed on 2021/05/14

Shopmonkey has saved me an average of 3-4 hours a week between streamlining my customer's sign in through use of the work request form which instantly opens up an estimate for my customer's with all of their information which I simply update in the work flow. It has also saved my estimate making time to literally a quarter of the time I used to take. It gathers all of the pricing from all of my parts providers in one single page that I didn't even know about, it brings the parts that I choose into shopmonkey and instantly applies the pricing matrix that I was using by hand to every single part. And my favorite part is that it helps us get our labor guide pricing at an instant. Estimates that used to take me about 4 hours to have to my customer are now ready in less than 5 minutes. It's a tool that has simply reduced my time at the computer so that I can focus on the cars and communicate with my customers.

Pros

Perfectly integrates all of the things I use into one. From parts procurement, to labor estimates to easily attaching a customer to a car with its unique identification.

Cons

My only con for this software would be the price per user cost, but the experience far outweighs this con.

Ryan B.

Ryan's Shopmonkey revie

Reviewed on 2021/04/13

Pros

The software is very easy to use and pretty much covers everything i need to keep up with trucks that are coming to my shop, what trucks are here at my shop, keeping up with my parts inventory and billing jobs out with ease. I am very happy with shopmonkey. Whenever i have a question or concern the chat link is always in the lower right corner of the screen with the shopmonkey team ready to help me! This is one of my favorite features! i type in my question and within a few minutes someone is chatting with me to help me figure out what it is i need to do and if that doesnt help they will call me within minutes. There is no waiting hours or until the next day for help. When adding parts to your inventory it asks for the price oyu paid for the part and then allows you to choose the % mark up you want on it. It does all the math for you which saves time. My favorite feature is being able to send invoices with the option for my customers to pay the invoice online. I am very happy and will stay with shopmonkey!!

Cons

Now for the bad....well, to be honest, there is no bad that i have found yet. Sure there are a few little things that I would like to change but heck, a lot of things in shopmonkey are editable to customize it to your liking. I have been using this software for roughly 6 months now and i am still learning. As of now, I have no complaints.

Joe S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Gret Value, Awesome Tech Support!

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

I'm super satisfied and I recommend this software in lots of the auto technician forums that I'm a part of.

Pros

It's just really set upwell to run an automotive shop. It's easy to change the parts markup for special customers, (special in a god way or a bad way). The discount feature is great. the ability to find things by whatever you can remember about the job, customer, or vehicle is great. The layout of the program is very straightforward and you can teach someone to be an expert in the program in two repair orders. If they have a question and i am busy they can just click the help button and either watch a video or ask the super friendly and helpful people in tech support.
The tech support team goes above and beyond to help you. even climbing onto the RO and working with you. Honestly I've had to use tech support a few times and that's the best support I've had on any product. the software is constantly getting improved also. I really do 99% of the Ro's with no tech support because the software is so easy to use and it really speeds up my ability to get my work done quickly and get back into the shop.
My customers absolutely love it. The estimate procedures are great. I feel more covered because the customers approve the job and send me the authorizations. Many of them go ahead and pay for the job when they get the estimate. (You can turn that feature off also.) I like it so I leave it on. the rates that I'm charged for the customer to pay online is very close to the rate that I would pay if they were in the office.

Cons

Really not a lot to dislike with ShopMonkey.

Mitchell RepairCenter and Shopware

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Price, ease of use, functionality, TECH SUPPORT!!
Jimmy G.

I'm very impressed!

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

The chat feature on Shopmonkey allows me to easily reach out the their friendly staff. Not only are they all very knowledgeable about their product, but they answer very quickly (during the week) and if they don't know something, they figure it out in a very timely manner. It's felt really great having such a supportive staff that can answer any question I have right away. They often give screenshots and videos to help me learn how to do things myself. In addition to all that, they all seem to be such down to earth people who really care about me and my business. It seriously feels like they are part of my team. Thanks Shopmonkey!

Pros

I love how easy it's been to implement this software in my van conversion company and how user friendly it's been to learn and use in daily practice. There are so many features and more coming. One of the other features that I really like is how the messaging functions work. When I create an estimate, it allows the customer to see it, approve it and pay for the work right then and there. Shopmonkey also sends out reminders a day before their appointment which is so nice and handy. It feels very professional.

Cons

I use Purchase Orders a lot. This is probably the only area of improvement I see so far. After a PO is created, I have to save it, print it as a PDF and then attach it to an email to send it to the vendor. Being able to save and send it directly to the vendor would make it much easier but it's being implemented soon.

The other thing is that there is no good way to sync SM to Google Calendar. This is also in the works and should be implemented soon.

These are the ONLY reasons I didn't give this 5 stars across the board.

Victoria V.
  • Industry: Automotive

The BEST decision our shop has made

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Pros

I cannot say enough great things about Shopmonkey!! One of the biggest game changers for us (but I didnt think this would be originally) is the chat/messaging feature with customers. Before SM, most of our conversations with customers would be via email. If customers were in a conversation with one staff member, other staff wouldnt be able to be caught up on everything going on if needed. Now, with SM, the conversation sticks to the work order which makes it so much easier for us as a team to figure out the status of the job.

Another game changer is being able to tag items on the work order. You can tag labor or parts items, or tag the entire work order. For example, on labor items, we have tags like "In progress" or "Completed." For parts items, we have tags like "Ordered" or "Installed." On entire work orders, we tag them "Waiting at Shop" or "Dropoff" or "Needs car back by ___"

Accepting payments - this is something we started using heavily when Covid hit.

Other features: cloud-based, customers being able to confirm or cancel appts, customers being able to authorize some work and decline others, easy inspection reports!, canned tasks, amazing integration with Quickbooks Online, looks good and modern.

On top of all this, their customer service is TOP NOTCH. Their chat service is nothing Ive ever seen before and they are on top of it all! You can even request features and they LISTEN!!! That is rare.

Cons

It's not easy to use on mobile. They are coming out with an app but it's more for use by the mechanics. I wish it was easier to use on my phone.

Jonathan E.

Shopmonkey Embraces Modern Customer Service Standards

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Love it! Can't stop talking about it. My wife and kids like it because I come home less stressed and exhausted, and earlier in the evening than before. They get to see me more, and have more of me when I am there because my workplace experience is so much better. Thank you Shopmonkey!

Pros

This is a tough one, but probably the feature I like most is the transparent, simple, clean, and professional way Shopmonkey allows you to communicate with your customers. Their system saves us time in communication, which means we can communicate better, more often, and still in less time than traditional ways of picking up a phone. Customers like being kept in the loop more, which means they call in less and feel more cared for. All in all, our customers are thrilled with the new software, and our shop office has never been more calm and available for them.

Cons

It has its fair number of glitches, but even then the development team is on it, and issues I raise flags about get addressed right away. This software is rapidly improving, so this doesn't bother me.

Mobile Manager Pro

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Because who wants to use a dinosaur when they could use a high-performance supercar. Not even an exaggeration.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Because Shopmonkey isn't an add-on and their customer service is A+. When you are using a dinosaur, you don't want to improve your experience by mounting a smaller dinosaur and having the smaller dinosaur ride the bigger older dinosaur.
Charles W.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/06/13

Pros

Customer service, hands down. The software is relatively problem free but should you need help finding a feature or even adding one that wasn't there before this company is super responsive. Quick, accurate responses that save you time and money.

Practical use is good, the ability to add canned services for commonly sold packages is great. They've recently added the ability to move line items between and within services - sounds small but anything that helps provide more clear communication w/customer is great and the SMS feature, with pictures, is great for that.

Cons

Like most automotive packages some tie in's don't work well - carfax (separate product that SM integrates with) has plenty of problems but that's the carfax product not SM. Same with the parts/labor lookup.
Invoicing and reporting are not as feature rich as other platforms. Things like "sales tax" reports should be integrated into any invoicing package but SM does not handle tax well.

Megan B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easy to Learn & Fantastic Customer Support!

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Pros

This software is the opposite of "clunky." It's easy to navigate and learn quite rapidly. I love how you can customize the workflow based on your own shop's processes. Being able to take pictures of needed repairs and send them via text/e-mail directly to the customer is one of our favorite features. Showing the customer what's actually wrong with their truck or trailer provides transparency and strengthens trust with our company. The messages and pictures save right into the estimate so everything for that repair is all in the same place.

Customer support is very responsive. I've never had to wait more than a couple of hours to get help (most of the time it's a response within a few minutes.) A few times, I've needed support on bigger customized things that was more than a quick fix. They always took the initiative to stay in touch with me (instead of me tracking them down for an update).

Cons

There are a few features that I wish were available (such as a mobile app), but the customer support team is always listening to features the customers want. They have a dedicated page where you can request features and you can comment and vote on other people's requests. You can see what features they approved and are working on at the moment (the mobile app is one of them.) Even if there's something you don't like about the software, chances are they are already working on improving it or adding that feature if you just ask! Best thing about Shopmonkey: It's super easy to get started using and once you do, you have a great team standing by willing to improve it based on their customer's feedback. We are very satisfied customers. Oh and we love that it's cloud based so our mobile technicians can use it outside of the shop.

Derik L.

Stellar Customer Service! Efficient and user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

Beyond excellent!

Pros

First off: The customer service is beyond impeccable. Everyone is kind, knowledgable, informative, and proactive. The Shopmonkey staff listens to their customers and puts they're are constantly improving their software to suite their entire customer base. They are the kind of business that not only reads what's in the customer suggestion box, but actually implements the suggestions.

The software: Simple, in the sense that it is very user friendly. The 3 different tiers make it easier for smaller shops to have a reliable platform to start with. It also provides lager high volume shops with the tools needed to work as efficiently as possible. Many service writing programs are littered with tabs, drop menus, pages, silly graphics, and so on, which results in a cluttered and confusing screen - especially for the trainee. Simply put, my 13 year old nephew can use Shopmonkey software with ease with out mistakes.

Cons

Not really a con: occasionally I come across a something like not having the option to select AWD in the vehicle description. It used be that you could only select FWD 2WD or RWD. Once a suggestion was made, in a short period of time they had updated this feature and every typical configuration was available. Like I said before, Shopmonkey reads the notes in the suggestion box and implements what makes sense.

Alex D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Best Switch we could have made

Reviewed on 2019/12/21

Pros

Shopmonkey is extremely user friendly. All of our technicians log their daily work/hours and they say its the easiest thing they have ever used.
The reporting system makes my life very easy since I am in the office doing all the accounting. Being able to add tags and put notes in is great as well and they are color coded so they stand out!

Cons

We do a lot of custom jobs here and it would be great if multiple technicians could punch into one section of a job at a time. Another feature I think would be really useful is having the last 8 digits of the VIN number more prominent for ease when calling the dealership.

Shopware

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

A big problem that we found was that when you were writing in labor descriptions you couldn't see the whole story as you were typing so you would have to save it each time, re read, then try to find the spot that needs to be edited. Caused a lot of time lost.

Shop Boss

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

The other system seemed very intense and wayyyy too much info.
Hannah M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Love, Love, Love Shopmonkey!!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

My overall experience has been great! It was totally stress-free switching over from our other software. The support team imported all of our contacts and parts info from the software we'd been using. Shopmonkey is just so easy to learn to use! Everything is so intuitive. If you do have trouble, the support team is literally just a click away and respond super fast! I love being able to offer online payments to my customers as a payment option. I really love being able to communicate with customers through text/email right through the software. Can send an estimate or invoice with the click of a button instead of having to save it as a PDF then opening up my email account and attaching the doc. The workflow feature is so great because it helps us stay organized with our customers! Sticky notes are a thing of the past for me now!

Pros

It is very easy to use! There is little to no learning curve. Very intuitive! Also, has some really great features that I'm loving! Everything works seamlessly! It's a lot of fun to use! Shopmonkey's support team is probably my favorite feature! These guys are phenomenal! No having to call into a tech support line and waiting on hold! Just send a message through Shopmonkey's chat feature and they respond within a minute or two. They've been able to answer my questions every time. They haven't let me down once.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about Shopmonkey! I'm looking forward the release of the mobile app!

Don J.

Shop Monkey Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Shop Monkey runs my whole shop on a daily basis, its the first thing I open when my system comes online and the last thing I close when I go home. it manages my employees time, customers, scheduling, parts and my daily workload, not to mention all the financial data you need to run your shop.

When I started with shop monkey I required a software to help guide me in the right direction and have everything needed that maybe I would not have thought of to run and manage my business.
I will admit at the very beginning I found some things missing and with some struggles.
But the support and growth of Shop monkey quickly rose to meet my needs. Shop monkey team worked on every one of my requests and concerns and built it in to the success it is today and at a very quickly pace, working though all my needs.
I am very satisfied in the direction it has and is going. I'm excited to see the next new things that come to production in the software.

Pros

It had a new updated technology look and feel to it, was not the old typical updated Green screen look with some windows added.
Was easy to navigate, and I was looking for a web based software that I did not have to constantly be upgrading software hardware and OS to keep running.

Cons

Was missing some of the deep in depth business functions, that have mostly been added already. it needed more functionality in administration of users functionality and controls. that have also been fixed.
Reporting was missing features and has been much improved.

Shop Boss and BAAR

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

I will give you a quick idea of my background so what I say here has more weight. I left automotive to go into IT and was an IT engineer for 22 years before going back to automotive, so I have a very deep understanding of technology and software and knew what was best for me and my shop. I chose Look and Feel and newer generation of software platform to the others that where old software redesigned to look pretty, but because they are all build on older platform software they will have to rediscover and rebuild to get to the next generation software like shop monkey. I didn't want to have to go through that kind of transition later when the other companies realize they need to catch up and while in the middle of running a busy shop. so I went with one that was already built for the next generation of software.Thank you!
Chris B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Excellent software for automotive related businesses!

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

With the system only being about 2 years in development, Shopmonkey has outdone other programs which have been around for many years. The owner of Shopmonkey, Ashot... has been EXTREMELY accommodating in pushing features into the app which we otherwise would not be able to function without. He literally EARNED my business. I would note that it may been under unique circumstances though. My automotive related business was a little different than their existing services which they supported. We actually do vehicle wraps and vinyl graphics for personal vehicles as well as commercial advertising. I believe that Ashot saw a need to support these features in an attempt to expand the reach of his software to include my industry.

The near future for us with Shopmonkey looks extremely promising. The planned features will incorporate practically everything we could ever ask for from this app, if not more. Our shop workflow relies on this system and Shopmonkey has truly made our POS/CRM system so much more seamless. Customer interactions function directly through the app, so everything is in one place and easier to track. I am truly impressed and thankful to have found these guys.

Pros

This app is extremely intuitive and thoughtful. Where many apps fail on UI, Shopmonkey has excelled at providing a beautiful interface with features that make sense. The customer service is unparalleled with in-app chat, directly connecting you with the developers and Shopmonkey LISTENS... they have an amazing feedback section which allows users to post app suggestions, comment on suggestions and rate them up! Once Shopmonkey moves the features into planning or development stage, the suggestions get tagged as such and the features that were requested, actually get incorporated into the app!! Maybe not all of them, but whatever makes sense of course and whatever has the most demand.

Cons

If I had to say what I "liked the least" about the software... would be that it was still in it's early stages and still being developed. This isn't exactly a huge downfall and there are actually advantages of this like the fact that I feel we have a bit more leeway to get features we want incorporated... but.. certain features that are a bit more advanced or just plainly further down on their development roadmap, well those are just things that we have to wait for... excitedly.

There 'are' negatives associated with software which is in its early steps.. some people may not be able to work with features that may be temporarily "buggy" or lacking. I personally am a "little" anal retentive with things like this... but after searching for software which was available to my industry... and using many different application "free trials"... I saw something in Shopmonkey which didn't exist with anything else I could find on the market. So, in short... the things that I like the least... are by far outweighed by the things I like about the app.

Sean W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great product with top notch customer support

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

As a Service Advisor for 17 years in the dealership world I worked with all of the major dealer management software and a couple of the smaller ones too. There is no perfect solution for every business but the Shopmonkey team does an excellent job of providing a lot of the features present in the major DMS at a fraction of the cost. Anything in my review I marked at 4 stars is because currently I feel it could be improved upon. With Shopmonkey I feel like they will continue to improve their software and have seen evidence of that in the time I've used it.

If you were just to use Shopmonkey for scheduling and customer contact I feel it is worth the money. That is the original reason we started using it and then we began using it for tracking technician efficiency and other reports.

As I said in the title the customer support is excellent and when you ask a question of them they do a great job of showing they are interested and that you are not just contacting a random call center.

Pros

The messaging features are very good and pretty easy to use. The amount of time saved in the day having the ability to text and email customers directly through the system instead of playing phone tag is impossible to put a price tag on. Scheduling is easy to use and functional as well. We don't use it for actual invoicing but use the system for time tracking and efficiency reports for my technicians and it is good for that role. I've looked at the invoicing side and it looks well integrated.

It is also fairly easy to train people that are not super computer savvy on this system which boosts efficiency. Time is money and Shopmonkey can help you save time.

Cons

It's hard to put a finger on this because whenever a fault is found they are very responsive to fixing it or explaining how to do it when it is end user error.

Shah S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Insanely happy since day 1!

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

continued from 'Cons: What did you like least about this software?'...

Also the amount that the customer is being charged should be forced to be typed in. Have had many situations when you are trying to get the customer out when they are in a rush and the accidental amount is fully showed "paid". Thankfully my team has caught it every time that mistake is made, but I am sure that this will soon cause issues when it is accidentally overlooked. All that simply needs to happen is that the autofill for the amount has to be removed. This will allow the user to be able to enter the information themselves properly.

Pros

This software makes running a shop so much easier and simpler. It helps the whole team stay on track and leaves little to no room for error or miscommunication!

Cons

There are a few "basic features" that in my opinion are no-brainers that we have already made the support team aware of.

- Reports needs to be more customizable so that we can easily calculate real gross profit (the most important thing in any business) that comes into the shop and also be able to categorize it by service writer. From my understanding and from what I have seen it can only be calculated for all invoices that have been made, and not just paid invoices in the 'profitability' report. Given that everything is already tracked all we would need is a way to have a report that allows us to use every filter there is. 'Zayn' from our team has already brought this up to the support team for Shop Monkey, hopefully it will be implemented very soon.

- There needs to be a way to enter in "completion dates" for each vehicle so that there can be a separate work flow for "deadlines" that are coming up along with notifications that are customizable (i.e. "notify the team 3 days before completion date", "notify the team on the day of completion date"). Already brought up to the team by Shah.

- When entering in a payment and a full payment is made, there should be some kind of option so that the order goes directly into the "Invoices" section of workflow. Maybe a check box that just closes the deal. Because remembering to move it over every single time when you have a customer in front of you waiting to get you to take him / her to their car its easy to forget.