Showing 12 reviews of 6

LicenseSpring

Cloud-Based, Cross-Platform Software Licensing

5 /5 (6 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Showing 12 reviews of 6
Marcus L.
  • Industry: Information Services

Perfect for my use case

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Having a cloud-based licensing platform gives me more peace of mind as a software creator. I know I cannot stop all forms of piracy, but I can at least try to protect my IP with a key-based solution. It is nice to know I can login to the platform and check the status of my licenses at any time.

Pros

LicenseSpring was easy to get integrated into my software product OmniTag. The API allowed me to get up and running quickly, and because it is cloud-based, I always have control over activating / deactivating licenses.

Cons

The biggest challenge I had was integrating LicenseSpring with my online Shopify store. I had to write my own app for this. However, now that it is up and running, the process works flawlessly.

Rutger M.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Amazing support during implementation in custom environment

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Pros

The environment for issuing licenses is clean and easy to use, the support is amazing, and the system has plenty of features to allow it to scale with your business.

Cons

Implementation of the SDK was rather challenging, but due to the great support it all ended up working great.

Response from Cense Data

Hello, thank you for your feedback, and noted your comment regarding documentation. We are working on improving it so that our customers do not need to rely so heavily on our support as you had to, although support requests are always welcome!

Amy W.

Quality software with great support!

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

The overall experience is very smooth! Great software and customer support!

Pros

The SDK license management platform are well-built, modern, and easy to use.
Good documentation.
Great customer support.

Cons

Not much. It is exactly what we wanted. Keep up the good work!

Marco U.

Fits absolutely our needs

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Pros

The team behind the tool is great. Requests for expansion and adaptation are taken up and implemented quickly if technically feasible. We chose LicenseSpring because, in my opinion, it is currently the solution with the best price-performance ratio on the market.

Cons

Actually there is nothing negative that I can mention.

Benjamin G.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Best Value for User Rights Management

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

License Spring has been great to work with. They have been very responsive to requests and issues as we got started with them. And probably most importantly, their licensing service is very reliable.

Pros

License Spring was chosen as one of our most cost effective services for handling license-key creation and registration for our product. License Spring ultimate won out as it supports FastSpring's purchase infrastructure. We got into the service rather early, and had to go a more manual REST API method because of our usage of Unity and being both Windows and Mac based. In the near future we are going to revisit our License Spring implementation and catch up with their licensing SDK improvements.

Cons

The documentation took some time to really come to an understanding with, but was directly comparable to many service's documentation. I would like to be able to delete packages from the dashboard, I made a few in error as I was learning the system (although I recognize this may not be possible by nature of the underlying database structure).

Response from Cense Data

This review is from one of our first paying customers, who'se feedback has been instrumental in helping us develop a useful licensing service. We are grateful to be working with Cybernetic Entertainment, who is still providing us with valuable feedback to help make LicenseSpring even better for all of our customers.

We are working on improving our documentation and expanding it, along with exciting new features to LicenseSpring's API and platform.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Great value and robust feature set for cross-platform applications

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Pros

Price for the features provided is hard to beat. Also easy to set up and use.

Cons

Customer support is sometimes slow for the free tier, which is what we were using during the evaluation period.