easyTithe

Cloud-based donation management solution for churches

4,1
3,9
4,1
3,9
Kevin R.

Great uses for churches who have a lot of young people

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

In this age everyone is mobile and do not write checks a lot. This is the right tool for your younger people who on text constantly. This is easy to set up a profile and add cc and it is very secure.

Cons

I do not see any issues with easy tithe, we had a small issue and the customer support even though the staff is VERY VERY NICE, the hold time takes forever. I think they was addressing the issue, but that is the only con.

Alan M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

easyTithe...brings "easy" to online giving!

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

I really like how simple easyTithe is to use. Set up was a snap, and when I had a question, customer service provided the answer I needed in a fast and efficient manner. Our donors also really like using easyTithe for their online giving. From start to finish, they are up and running and very satisfied and confident in the safety and security of their donation.

Cons

We implemented easyTithe approximately 5 years ago, and through the years the only negative I can say is I wish we had implemented sooner. easyTithe has given us a channel of giving that we didn't have before.

Tamra A.
Industry: Religious Institutions

What a huge blessing this is!

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

The new generation wants to be able to give on line so that is now available to them at an affordable price for the church. The software is so user friendly and I like the ability to do my reports when needed. The apps are nice and the text giving is easy. The customer support has been absolutely fabulous to work with and have met all my needs.

Pros

The ease and use of the software is great. Many options, great resources, great bundle for the price. The customer service was so easy and friendly. Our new generation prefers easy and on line which all of the software, apps and website are super easy.

Cons

While I love having the ability to create the forms the way I need them to be, I do not like to create them.

Senja P.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent for giving but ChMS and customer service need work

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Inexpensive solution that allows us to provide text giving, easy and attractive online giving, and child check-in. Needs work on check-in options, as well as integration with Android products and something better than Java to run printer application.

Pros

The giving software is SUPER easy to use and most of our people have completely switched over to text giving, now that we can offer it. We also love the integration with the ChMS software, though we are still working on getting our people to use it for more than child check-in.

Cons

The ChMS software has a lot of potential, but seems to still be so new that there are a lot of features that either don't work or are just convoluted. It hasn't quite reached the streamlined point, yet. We are unable to run check-in kiosks on android tablets (though it looks like someone has developed an app to run it on Apple products), and the printer software runs through Java which doesn't run on Android, so we are still limited to using a full-size computer for check in. Trying to figure out how to do things is difficult as their Help section is still VERY limited and customer service is always slow (though VERY friendly, once you actually get a hold of someone). Overall, I want to love this company, but we may still have to look into other ChMS options, simply because this one doesn't have the capacity for what we need.

Response from easyTithe

Hi Senja! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We're sorry to hear about your experience with customer support recently! We're continuing to improve our processes and reduce wait times so I hope you'll have a better experience in the future. We'll also pass along your feedback to the product team...it's really helpful! Grateful to serve you!

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Kirk V.

Quality Online Giving System for the Price

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

Again, functionality and versatile features are excellent as well as user interface experience. But the back side of administrating the batch reports is a hit or miss. It would be home run if EasyTithe was able to partner with Aplos cloud accounting software so my monthly reconciliations would be better streamlined.

Pros

multiple features for administrator accounting and reconciliation, ease of use, customer services (most of the time). read below.

Cons

Many of the issues I had prior to the system and user interface upgrade have been resolved.
But one thing that has been a recurring issue has been the quality of batch deposit reports over the years. The changes in third-party provider has been frustrating in regards in reconciling donor contributions with the correct fund from the batch deposits posted on the bank side to the batch deposits recorded online. It has improves since, but I would not be surprise if this issue comes up again. I hope I am mistaken and that the quality is moving upward.
Also, I am still waiting for EasyTithe to resolve my request to turn off the "Convenience Fee" break-out feature shown on the batch report detail which separates the actual donor amount given and the convenience payout on top of the true contribution. It has been over two weeks now and still waiting word to reverse this function do I can close out the month of July.

Ken V.

EasyTithe is Big PLUS

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

EasyTithe made our transition from the envelope system to online giving exceptionally smooth. While not all of our members are ready to make the switch, the system is easy to navigate. Many people rarely or ever write checks and easyTithe is a convenient easy to use system for both the user and the church

Pros

We've used EasyTithe online giving platform at church for about seven years. They were very helpful in walking us through the setup process and our members have found the interface easy to access. We like the app-based giving link and that it is included in our package. We continue to add users and believe it has had a positive effect on our overall giving. The user interface is the best part. If it isn't easy people won't use it!

Cons

We would like to have more flexibility in customizing giving reports. The options are limited and our giving secretary has to import data and rework it a bit when she does end of year reports.

Response from easyTithe

Thank you for your feedback, Ken! We're so glad you've found easyTithe to be a helpful tool for your church. If you're enjoying the native app, we'd also recommend checking out easytithe.com/MinistryOne for an even more robust church app option.

Also, thank you for your feedback regarding reporting options. We are always working to enhance features. and input from our customers helps us make sure we're offering the best product possible.

Denise N.
Industry: Accounting

USING EASY TITHE FROM BACK OFFICE PERSPECTIVE

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Pros

What I like most about the Easy Tithe software is that when developing the program they really made it user friendly. I feel like they kept things simple but also tried to incorporate as many features as they can. It can be really simple to find the monthly online giving, track someone's giving and even make necessary edits to a profile. I appreciate this as I am a busy person who doesn't have lots of time on my hands to fumble through a program looking for what I need.

Cons

I do wish there was more training offered. I feel like Easy Tithe has so much more I am unaware of but I'm not sure how to access it. It would be nice if they offered a training course. Also, I have data that I need to pull from Easy Tithe and input into another program called Excellerate, however Easy Tithe does not make a report that I can export into this program. Excellerate is one of the ones they have not yet added. Also, I am unable to find any sort of way to change the envelope numbers to match what we have for our members.

Nola M.

Ongoing issues with incorrectly charging donors and poor customer service response

Reviewed on 2018/01/03

Pros

It enables our donors to give online.

Cons

Our donors are continually double charged. We have had multiple donors whose credit cards were declined in December - according to EasyTithe - but multiple charges are showing up in their statements. It took more than a day to get a response - and then only because we remained on hold for over an hour and a half. The customer service person was helpful - but not proactive. If we can tell him which donors have the issues, he can fix them. We are expected to find all of EasyTithe's mistakes? We have many donors who tried to give in December and were declined (inappropriately). We found donation (because a donor contacted us directly) that their website showed no record of. The apathy we have experienced is incredible. EasyTithe is making our year-end donor process a complete nightmare and they are inconveniencing our donors. This is highly unacceptable and we are looking for an alternative.

Response from easyTithe

Hi Nola. Thank you for sharing here. We did experience an error and are working diligently to ensure that your experience is, in all ways, what you deserve. We acknowledge that you did not receive that. We do apologize and want to assure you that we are dedicated to providing both you and your donors an exceptional experience. Again, we appreciate you sharing.

Gregory S.

Flow of Easy-Tithe

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

We have experienced a sizable increase with the volume of members utilizing easy tithe for their giving preference. It is exciting that some of our senior members in their late seventies have found the ease of use with this vehicle.

Pros

I have found it to be a marvelous tool for expedited giving. The funds are deposited swiftly and the message confirmation concerning the transaction is prompt. The process for giving is smooth and user friendly. I like the speed and efficiency of the transactions and the recording keeping. It provide portable access via online or text and help members who may be on travel. It is actually a fun experience giving in this manner.

Cons

Have not experienced any negative elements through the first year of our church using easy tithe.

Sharon D.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy Tithe is simple to access and use by the church members.

Reviewed on 2018/06/03

Slowly, but surely, getting additional members to donate has been a definite plus. We have been using the software since March 2017 and have not yet analyzed user giving patterns.

Pros

Our congregation reluctantly entered into on line giving, however, the setup process was quick and easy. Overall, it is simple for the end users to donate through this contribution system.

Cons

Customer service access can be extremely slow with long wait times. Once someone comes on the line, however, they will stick with you until the problem is resolved.

Response from easyTithe

Sharon, thank you so much for your feedback! We are grateful to have the opportunity to serve your church. Also, thank you for the feedback regarding customer service. We have been implementing new processes to increase speed and efficiency in this area so that we can continue to improve and offer our customers the best experience possible.

Beth L.

Easytithe by First Christian of High Point

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Our overall experience has been very favorable. It has allowed an avenue of convenience for our patrons.

Pros

We have enjoyed the ease of setup, use and the awesome support we have received. Support response time is within 24 hours and minimal issues with program.

Cons

The only con would be that Easytithe would be compatible with more search engines.

Josh Y.

Poor customer service!

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Pros

Easy to use and implement.
Plugs into website
Allows AMEX
Good use of multiple donor campaigns

Cons

I rarely write reviews...but IF you are considering using this service you need to be aware. They've had increased growth as an organization but seriously lack the infrastructure to support it. It will take several days to correct MAJOR donor-related issues. Their system has made errors in collecting double...triple and in one case 10 times one donation. Seriously! It will take them days to correct their mistakes and you'll spend hours on the phone to get a customer service representative. If you loose ONE donor...it's not worth it.

Response from easyTithe

Thank you for reaching out, Josh. The error you're referencing certainly caused a great influx of calls and long hold times. It's not the experience we expect for you and we are dedicated to providing an easy customer experience, as we are to an easy donor and donation experience. I apologize you did not receive that. We're excited for what is to come product and experience wise this year and hope we continue to have the privilege to serve you.

Matthew B.

Easy Tithe Is Great

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

It is easy. Straightforward and not complicated.

Cons

No complaints. The recent addition of Planning Center integration is fantastic!

Joanna B.

EasyTithe

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

It gives people the option to give online so it's nice to offer this service. It is super simple for people to use. On the back end, there are several different ways to look at the giving: deposits, transactions, funds, this month, last month. It is helpful to be able to look at it in different ways.

Cons

It takes some figuring out how to contact them, and then I have to keep checking back to see responses (they don't just email me).

Heidi R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy for a small church to use

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Pros

-Easy to implement immediately (no long onboarding process)
-Gives our attendees an easy way to donate online via credit card
-Once I learned the how to do the reports, it is very simple to run a report at the end of the month (or weekly/daily if you prefer) to see the amounts and donors. I did have some trouble figuring out the best way to do this but, but the customer service team was very helpful.
-I'm not sure I would use this software for a large church, but for a small church (we have about 100 people weekly) it is straightforward and not too expensive.

Cons

-I don't like that there's a monthly charge as well as the small percentage charged from each donation. I would prefer that it was either one or the other, as it does make a difference in the amount donated vs. the amount actually received by the church. It is also not simple to see the total amount you are charged, as the percentages are taken throughout the month as opposed to a lump sum at the end of the month. It would be nice to have an invoice or statement to detail the charges.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

James B.

Easy Tithe Company Continues to Take Money From Our Church

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/27

We have used Easy Tithe for a couple years. We have never been really impressed with their service. Recently (January), we have tried to have them close our account since those who used to use them to give to our church no longer attend. Each month I send a help ticket and talk on the phone with their staff and they tell me the account will be closed. Then each month they take more money out of our bank account. I'm sorry it has come to me having to publish this to try and get them to close our account. I would not recommend Easy Tithe to anybody. I view the difficulty of simply trying to get them to stop taking money and close our account as proof they are not honest with their business. Beware of this company.

Pros

There is nothing I like about the company.

Cons

Not receiving the complete support from your donors.

Response from easyTithe

Hello James, easyTithe continues to be one of the most trusted and used online giving platforms. I'm sorry your experience was not an exceptional one. As I have reviewed this case, I'm pleased to see we refunded any extra charges from January in April. The reason for the delay in cancellation was due to a security feature in our system that requires two-step verification. We did receive the second step from you in April. Thank you! Your feedback has helped us improve this experience. I did attempt to call and touch base and appreciate you trusting easyTithe with your online giving needs. Please feel free to reach out any time we may be of assistance! -Jeremy, Director of Support

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Undependable

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

When Easytithe works, it works fine. The system worked very easily and was easy to track and customize. The website for easytithe was easy to navigate and understand.

Cons

Very undependable. Our giving kiosk and web service would go out and we would lose the opportunity for donation giving on a Sunday Morning Service probably twice every 3 months. Over and over this happened for a period of 3 years until we finally moved on. Tech support was always unavailable at the time of the outages, so they were of little use.

Response from easyTithe

We are so glad to see that our product was easy to use and had many of the features and functionalities that made easyTithe a good fit for your church.

We have recently reviewed all system functionality and reliability standards and have a 99.9% up-time with system monitoring.

Also, we have support agents available 9:00 am - 6:00 pm ET, 7 days a week - including Sunday morning to help in the event of any issues.

Please reach out. I'd love to discuss more about your experience! -Jeremy, Director of Support

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Ryan F.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Awful customer service, manipulative policies.

Reviewed on 2017/06/22

Pros

The mediocre user interface.

Cons

Terrible customer service when asking for help resolving issues, always long waits when you call, and then they usually just say "open a support ticket." Support tickets take weeks to resolve. Their online portal is really dated. They also have their own expensive payment processing company, deceptively called "First Data Client." This is not First Data, it is an Easy Tithe owned merchant. I know this because I went to First Data to get a quote from them on payment processing, they could reduce my processing fees by 25%, I contacted easy tithe to change and they indicated that if we use our own payment processor they would still take a 1% cut of all of our donations, why you may ask? I don't know, there is no additional cost to Easy tithe to outsource merchant services, they just want your merchant processing money. This made switching over no longer viable.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Individual & Family Services

EasyTithe Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Overall this is a fantastic app that every church or organization should have. We could not rate it higher!

Pros

We were a new church and this tool made it extremely easy to begin. The customer service was extremely helpful and walked us through how to set up an account. We use this for almost every online donation and it is a must-have for every organization.

Cons

It would be helpful if there was a way to customize reports of giving. We have recurring givers and those that give after a special event or fundraiser. Having easier access to this capability would help us respond to them appropriately.

The Name Says It All

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Overall, it's been a great experience. It was easy to incorporate into the website and users seem to be able to pick it up simple enough to do their giving.

Pros

The name definitely says it's all...very easy to use as a giver.

Cons

Maybe the cost. It seems like this one at some point became a little more expensive than another giving software I recommended to another church.

Marguerite S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Never had a problem with easytithe

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/06/01

More tithes and offerings

Pros

The software makes it so simple for our members to give in person and online which ultimately increases the collections for our organization.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about it because have jut available has increased the collections we receive each month.

Tim F.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy Tithe is a great entry level option

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

Easy Tithe is used by our organization to process individual and recurring contributions. We have used Easy Tithe for three plus years will minimal hiccups and a generally reliable and solid experience.

Pros

Price

Cons

Reliability of service. They have not always processed transaction in a timely manner.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Leslie E.
Industry: Hospitality
Company size: Self Employed

EasyTithe

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

We are saving money by not purchasing so many envelopes through out the year.
The year end statements takes seconds to process. This is a great plus for our finance department.

Pros

The ease of our congregation to send their tithes and offerings.
No need for envelopes and the systems tracks all givings which makes the end of the year calculations extremely easy.

Cons

Would like to see the deposits processed within in 24 hours.

Lara K.

Great product but hard to reach customer support

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

Easy to understand dashboard, and reports are organized well for end of the month reconciliation. Also nice that you can make your own tithe headings very easily.

Cons

Very hard to reach customer service-by phone or email. Also when printing reports they sometimes get cut off at the end--you have to size them down to see all info.

Response from easyTithe

Appreciate you sharing about your experience, Lara! We're glad the dashboards and reports are working well for you (though, we will pass along your feedback to the product team about what happens when you to go to print them). We're also sorry that customer service hasn't been up to snuff lately and are working hard to correct it. Please let us know if there's any other ways we can serve you better!

Jennifer B.

Bang for your buck!`

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

easyTithe has opened new doors for our church by allowing us the opportunity to venture into electronic giving of every kind with very little pain setting up.

Pros

EasyTithe is in fact easy to use. Though most features are basic, it has everything you need to get started accepting electronic donations without a lot of red tape.

Cons

Needs more customization overall, especially Ministry One app.