Showing 108 reviews of 98

Appcues

UX personalization and product-let growth platform

Showing 108 reviews of 98
Jared D.

Help Your Customers Adopt Your Platform Quicker!

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Appcues has been great for efficiently communicating to current customers about new features, updates or issues with our platform being down. We've enjoyed using it so far, but need to take better advantage of all the ways it can be implemented by different departments. We have found that our users' interaction with Appcues has been fairly lower than we'd like, but look to improve the adoption.

Pros

Appcues easily allows us to add in-app messaging to our customers for onboarding, new feature announcements, outage reporting and surveys/feedback. Their interface lays over our app, so we can add various flows and cues without having to bug (pun intended) our engineering team. There's some great reporting features and a good amount of customization through their API and their new integration with Salesforce.

Cons

The tool can be a bit buggy at times. If I'm working on a flow, sometimes it won't save my work or may get stuck, so I'll have to refresh the flow builder and pickup where I left off. Also, I can understand how it's challenging to build a UI to do what they do, but I do think there could be some improvements without their builder that would make it a bit more intuitive. I was also very surprised that Appcues didn't use their own product for walking a new user through using their flow builder.

Anthony P.

So glad I convinced the boss to pay for this

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

We're using it to provide a far better onboarding experience for new users. It's been great so far and we're excited as we're two months in and haven't really scratched the surface of what's possible with Appcues.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use, the interface is nice and simple - they've prioritised this over just making it look impressive. It doesn't take much time to build impressive and effective experiences for customers. Best of all it allows me to provide the right assistance to my customers at the right time.

Cons

The installation is difficult/impossible without the intervention of a developer. It seems to be a very 'American' business in that there's an assumption that creating experiences in English is enough for most people, support for multilingual flows/checklists/NPS is an enterprise feature - which I find bizarre.

Palmer M.

Appcues allows our Marketing team to accomplish more than ever before.

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

Our Marketing team previously had to rely on developers to implement models or flows that would allow us to help engage our customers further by either activating them on unused features or highlighting product improvements. With Appcues, we are now able to improve customer engagement as well as create further messaging around new offers or opportunities to improve their experience within our app.

Pros

Appcues' Chrome extension is far and above one of it's most useful features. We are able to construct and visualize flows where it matters, within our app. Being able to quickly enable and disable it makes a huge difference in our workflow.

Cons

Occasionally, the Chrome extension can be buggy. This has led to some frustrating moments or awkward presentations where I've struggled to get the app to behave. Overall, this hasn't been a large blocker to seeing success with the app.

Stefania F.

My loyalty level is: Appcues lover

Reviewed on 2020/06/22

Our products have complex onboardings and learning processes. Appcues helps us improve this problem and generate more engagement with our users. In addition to that, it allows us to make specific communications about updates, or relevant information in a simple way. We also measure the NPS through Appcues and this allows us to improve the quality of our experience and products.

Pros

It is very friendly to use. It has everything I need to create and resolve communications within our products. It also allows me to view metrics in a simple way and then export them. And the best thing is that they have the best customer service.

Cons

I honestly have not had any problems. And whenever I have needed something, customer support is present.

An easy way to communicate with users of your platform/ website.

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Instead of having to constantly keep lists of users up-to-date and wait until our monthly newsletter to fill users in on news, we can now reach out to them instantly with very little effort needed. This platform is used by both our product owners and marketing team so that we can make sure we always give the right information. It's also super handy when you have a system outage or maintenance to schedule- you can send out an instant alert so that our support team isn't stuck having to respond to the same email over and over again.

Pros

We've been looking for a similar solution for years that we could put onto our platform to notify users of updates, issues and changes. We thought we'd need our dev team to develop something on the website, which would take a long period time, but then we found Appcues. It's really changed the way in which we communicate with candidates. We no longer have to send formal emails, but can now send quick and instant alerts.

Cons

Honestly, I love this technology. I am yet to fault anything. As a not-so-tech-savy person, it's really intuitive.

Amy M.

Increased digital adaption - and reduced support calls

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

Excellent way to have low or no-touch onboarding of new customers. Experienced a quick uptick in customers who see the value of our product much faster and ultimately keep renewing their subscriptions. Also, seen ROI in reduced support tickets.

Pros

We use AppCues to help on-board new customers and essentially walk them through their account setup. We've seen a major increase in customers getting up and running much faster on their own. This has reduced the load on our account managers and tech support who previously spent much of their time doing live on-boarding wit new customers - sometimes multiple times per customer when customer had multiple uses who each had different questions at different times.

Cons

The onboarding of AppCues itself was difficult. It took me a lot of sessions with the AppCues staff to get it setup properly on our site. The tool is so robust that I frequently found myself down rabbit holes just trying to get one element set up. They did offer a lot of live support - but I wish it was more intuitive and easy to use on my own.

Jessica G.

LOVE Appcues!

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

We have been using Appcues to deliver our new release announcements. Being a fast growing software company, we release features usually every week or every other week. It is extremely important we keep all our clients informed and up to speed on the platform's most recent capabilities. We need to be able to easily and quickly inform people of these releases in-app and with context. Appcues has allowed us to ensure people are in the know at all times.

Pros

Appcues is a great tool. It is extremely user-friendly, allowing you to create impactful flows that help deliver messages, info and helpful tips directly to your customers. The people at Appcues have been amazing since day 1, always checking in to ensure we found success with their product. I have nothing but good thing to say about Appcues!

Cons

There are one or two UX improvements I would make but overall I can't say there is much I dislike!

Juan P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

User onboarding made easy with Appcues

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Appcues has been nothing but a pleasure to work with. The continue to add features, analytics, and tools to help augment the process of onboarding new users into our web applications.

Pros

Appcues lets you implement user onboarding features (i.e. help tooltips, feature tours, announcements, etc.) into your application, on-the-fly, without the need to implement those features directly into your code, thus no dev, QA, to prod traversal. Simply open the Appcues console, create a new appcue (e.g. modal, tooltip, etc.) or modify an existing one, choose where to deploy it to, and you're done.

Cons

There's very little NOT to like about Appcues, but the fact that you're relying on a 3rd party is about the only thing that I don't like, but that's a very VERY small price to pay in order to implement user onboarding features.

Marielle espindola B.

One of the greatests

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Pros

Its simplicity and, at the same time, how deep we can go at user onboarding and flow buildings.

Cons

I'm missing a couple of features, like the possibility of event attributes usage in segmentation, but they're always supportive and try to work out for solutions.

Rubi S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Gotta love AppCues!

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Pros

AppCues is so easy to use! This tool has had a huge impact in our ability to improve and experiment with our app experience without waiting on dev teams.

Cons

Load time could be faster, but its qualities override this negative.

Brandon G.

AppCues is a leader and an Innovator

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Overall I love Appcues and think they are in the right direction with continued innovation both on product development and thought leadership.

Pros

Great software to help users learn how to use your Software. Very easy to set up and use. Tons of innovations and changes since I started with the company in a short time.

Cons

The only cons came early on when setting it up but all have been resolved now as it is much easier to use and intuitive.

Martin L.
  • Industry: Information Services

Easiest way to improve user onboarding

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

We've greatly improved the effectiveness of onboarding new users. Also, the tools provided by Appcues have made it possible to offer in-system tutorial to our users which has reduced the load of our support team while keeping the quality of our service level high.

Pros

Appcues is really easy to use and makes creating flows to onboard users very engaging and pleasurable. I also enjoy the fact that I can customize the experience to match our brand design.

Cons

Steep price hike last year that made us evaluate whether to continue using the service. But the value we get from using the software outweighed the price hike.

Preston S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Fantastic tool to educate and notify customers

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

Appcues is a fantastic tool to target users in your Webapp/mobile app and notify them and/or train them. I like that it takes less than 5 minutes to get the hang of using the chrome extension and you are building complex flows and targeting users. The reporting is great as well, and allows you to make easy business decisions.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more customization options for look and feel of the modals. I'm not always content with the look without quite a bit of tweaking.

Donna B.

Appcues is awesome

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Amazing, the support we get is great, The rep is always there to offer us help when we need it.

Pros

So simple to use but it looks amazing and the customer service is 5*

Cons

Nothing.

Debora S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Easy to use and to work with

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Overall im having a great experience with Appcues, its simple and it works.

Pros

It is easy to use and simple to understand. I started to work with it in one day and in the other i was super used to already. Great ux, you can customize it a lot and work with the html and css.

Cons

There are a few bugs during the flow building, and its a bit slow somethimes. What i really dont like is that i cant open the flows in other tabs (with the right button of the mouse), it has to be in one tab only (or launch in mutiple tabs the appcues site).

Lance H.

A powerful tool for getting your users to your aha moment

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Pros

Appcues is great for tweaking and experimenting with user onboarding flows and pushing users to that critical aha moment. Without appcues, the amount of engineering time required to experiment on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis would be un-doable for a relatively small company.

I've also been really impressed the with the extent and quality of the softwares features. You have a lot of flexibility and control for different parts of user onboarding.

Cons

Nothing so far. Appcues has served us incredibly well.

Carlos P.
  • Industry: Online Media

Great support to assure activation and retention!

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Pros

Easy to setup onboarding flows, data exploration

Cons

NPS - data exploration and the fact that only supports one language (doesn't adapt to the user language as the flows)

Gives non-coders new powers

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Pros

As a fairly non-technical product designer, Appcues is like wizardry to me. It gives me the powers to create wonderful user experiences with limited code knowledge.

Cons

Sometimes the extension is a little buggy and crashes. I also wish that there were an easier way to test out flows that are only meant to show once. Also, since my platform is a fairly complex app, I often need the help of a frontend engineer to troubleshoot flows.

• Used Monthly for Free Trial

Expensive software but extremely valuable for user onboarding

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Overall great experience, will be using in the future when budget is approved for this product.

Pros

Appcues is THE best tool for product managers to drive feature adoption and simply onboarding for new users.

Cons

Appcues is great, the only issue is the cost. It's very expensive especially for startups, that usually need the help of Appcues to make up for shortcomings in UX of their products.

Sean S.

Great easy to use software

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Pros

Simple and easy to use. Each instruct is clear and support are their to help if needed.

Cons

Nothing as of yet. Its still early days but all looks positive.

Oh so simple!

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Pros

Easy to use, little instruction needed to get started.

Cons

I can't really say that there is anything I don't like about Appcues!

Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

It has been an excellent experience, I keep looking forward to continue working with this amazing team.

Pros

The ease of use, it is extremely powerful with the current features. Their support group is amazing and they answer really quickly as well.

Cons

There are some features that I would like added here, but not a deal-breaker.

Annie M.

Good product, awful management

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

Pros

The product is easy to use and you can create several tutorials in few hours.

Cons

They increased the price of the lower plan by 256% last winter.

That is not sustainable for start-ups and we invested time and money to use that product and build good tutorials. Less than 6 months after the start, prices are going out crazy and it makes no sense to use that provider.

I can't have any thrust for the long-term use since they do this type of action for existing customers.
Yes, when they announced that, they offered to get 3 month at previous price before getting hijacked prices... What a deal.
We have quitted like many others.

Matt C.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Great for quick and easy in-app communication with users.

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

It's been a fun app to learn, and the access it allows to our users is amazing!

Pros

It's an extremely powerful set of tools to message our users without relying on engineering changes.

Cons

The learning curve for me has been steep. I wish there were branching logic based on whether certain page elements appear or even the ability for flows to skip steps if a page element required for that step is absent.