Showing 47 reviews of 25

Ally

OKR goal setting and business performance management

Showing 47 reviews of 25
Colm C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Provides Great Visibility into the Work that Matters

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

Provides great visibility into the work that matters. Before, we were using Google sheets to plan and track our strategic priorities, which made it difficult for the organization to know where we stood at any point in time. Now it is easy to see in real time how we are doing.

Super easy to learn and use. If you can navigate a web site, you can easily use this product. That is important when we are inviting in additional users. We don't have a large support function within our company, so any users questions come to me. Fortunately, given the simplicity of the UI, that has been very manageable so far.

Seamless integration with all of the systems we already use like Salesforce, Slack, Asana, Google Sheets, Hub Spot and many others. Connecting these systems to Ally requires no IT support and takes less than a minute. This means users can continue to do their work wherever they are most comfortable. Ally just brings it all together so there is one place where we can see how we are doing.

Tremendous customer support. Every time an issue does come up, the company has been extremely quick to respond. I wish all my vendors were this easy to work with.

Cons

We have been using the product for about 2 months so far and don't have any major complaints. The product does not have every feature we would like, but the company seeks our input and is working aggressively to implement the ones that make sense, which is all you can ask for. They have already addressed two features we asked for, both of which were rolled out in less than two weeks from the time we asked for them.

Response from Ally.io

Hi Colm,

Great for what it is

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

Easy of updating my OKRs and Metrics. Navigating the software isn't very hard at all.

Cons

The Chat features that keeps popping up when working with Ally. Let it just be in the background and not give updates every time I log in.

I should be able to update my teams OKRs for them and from what I can tell I can't do that.

Tarundeep M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A well developed product for OKR's

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Pros

1. The ease of use
2. How the objectives are cascaded downwards to each individual and also how they tie up to the managers Goals - its seamless
3. The predictive score/percentages/graph also shows us the TO-BE value so that we stay on track

Cons

For my work and for what I use it for, I haven't come across any till now but sure there would be some scope for improvement

Karine T.

good software

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

integrations with the other softwares (Jira, Asana,etc.)

Cons

User Interface and User Experience could have been better

Response from Ally.io

Hi Karine,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We'll pass along your input regarding the UI and UX to our product team. We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful.

Taylor H.

Ally overall has been great with just minor dislikes

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Pros

The ease of use and setup of Ally has been great. Being able to connect to both Salesforce and Tableau has been one of the biggest benefits along with checking in through Slack. The customer service team is very responsive and helpful with questions and have been a pleasure to work with so far.

Cons

The software we were using had a better dashboard display to easily show the top company Objectives. This was beneficial for company meetings. Our CEO struggles with this part of Ally but it is really the only issue we have had.

Dusty A.

Really intuitive and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Overall, it's a great way to develop personal accountability and to understand how to prioritize progression in OKRs. I've also really appreciated the small updates and the easy of navigation.

Pros

The aesthetics are nice and makes it more fun to use. I'm a big fan of the progress bars, which are motivational and easy to understand. I like that changing the targets are so easy, too. Big fan of the ease of navigating between company vs personal OKRs.

Cons

The small "open full view" button isn't intuitive and can be confusing. I'd like to be able to simply click the whole objective to open in "full view."

Response from Ally.io

Hi Dusty,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io helpful. We'll make sure to pass along your feedback regarding the "full view" button.

Nicolette S.

Ally is a great business resource

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

Ally has brought our entire company together allowing us to be focused on and transparent about our goals and the progress we are making toward them.

Cons

More flexibility on the way you can view company/ team/ and individual goals is needed for our company.

Michael R.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Great, simple, and effective OKR goalsetting software

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Ally has overall been a great platform that our organization uses weekly or sometimes even daily to track our goals, update our progress, and stay honest with trying to meet our personal or organizational aspirations.

Pros

The product is very simple to understand, setup, and implement. The website keeps the interface simple without the confusion that a lot of platforms bring. It also allows for users to easily create a "ladder-up" structure of OKRs so that people can create their own goals under larger team or organizational goals. It's very easy to update, view, and filter my OKRs or my team's OKRs.

Cons

The software can be quite slow sometimes, especially when multiple people are adding, editing, or updating OKRs at the same time. I wish there was also a faster way to bulk upload our team's quarterly OKRs as adding them one-by-one can be tedious and slow.

Brian D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Easy-to-use tool for integrating OKR's

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Thus far, very positive first 2 months with it.

Pros

The tool's UX is very friendly and easy to navigate. Has enough 'robustness' to get the job done across multiple users, but isn't too detailed to get lost in it.

Cons

Overall, great tool. Some of the User vs. Team roles and assignments are a bit tricky, but rather minor point.

Response from Ally.io

Hi Brian,

Sankar ganesh A.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Useful Tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/09

Pros

A best tool that I know to define your objectives and track progress

Cons

Probably it can help optimise the organisation hierarchy and help us notify and provide recommendation when OKRs are created. That way it's easy to collaborate and create our own OKRs based on the organisation hierarchy levels

Manuel N.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

good tool

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

so far so good

Pros

The possibility for the entire company to share okrs

Cons

don't know yet. I can say I should keep on using it.

Response from Ally.io

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're glad you're finding Ally.io useful. Our team is always here to help and answer any questions you may have about Ally.io and OKRs. Feel free to reach out at any time if there's anything you need.

Stephanie S.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Extremely User Friendly & Intuitive

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

We are keeping track of the company objectives each quarter. It's nice to keep track of your personal objectives as well as your teammates progress.

Pros

This software has a great UI. It is sleek and also user-friendly. I am never looking around the page wondering what to click next.

Cons

I do not like when the chat bot comes up in the bottom right and wish there was a way to permanently dismiss it.

Dianne C.

Ally - Great Service

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Ally are a pleasure to deal with.

Pros

The software is easy to implement and use. The Ally team provide exceptional customer service. They have a positive and appreciative approach regarding feedback and ideas for additional functionality.

Cons

We initially had some functionality gaps required for our business. These have since been addressed.

Bruce I.

Weird UI

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

We are supposed to be tracking our entire company OKRs with this tool. I find that I hate the UI so much and am so mystified by it that I start avoiding the weekly update OKR task

Pros

I like having a tool to manage the OKR process. I like the check-ins, teams, sub-teams, individual and team OKRs

Cons

Weird UI, I am constantly struggling with it. It needs to be significantly easier to setup and manage OKRs, users and team branches in the tool

Response from Ally.io

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We'll pass along your input regarding the UI to our product team and work on improving this!

Nicole L.

Helping Accomplish My Goals

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

Pros

I honestly like how simple and easy it is to use and function! I have only used one other program for OKRs and it was complex but Ally makes their website simple and functional. It it easy to check-in and put if you are on track or behind and even add notes. I enjoy that you can add notes! I try to add a small goal that I will accomplish during the week and then in my next note say I accomplished this and this week I am working on finishing this project. I believe Ally keeps you motivated to stay on-top of your work because you have your weekly check-ins.

Cons

I don't like how what I thought was an objective Ally says that it is not aligned to any objectives but I thought it was an objective on its own and that I was allowed to have another objective on its own.

Response from Ally.io

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it! We're so glad you're finding Ally.io easy to use.

Madeleine C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Ally for sales teams

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Great customer service and helpful integration with other platforms.

Pros

Ally is fantastic for managing sales teams. It helps people focus relentlessly on what matters. It’s the basis for all my team 121s and learning plans.

Cons

The synchronisation loses connection with google sheets when cells change. Fixing the connections to prevent this would be great.

Kris R.

Quick to get up to speed

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

It was useful to get everyone on the same page as far as the company's goals are concerned. We have done away with Excel spreadsheets we used to track all of this.

Pros

The UI is easy to grasp and intuitive for someone with some technical savvy.

Cons

Teaching everyone else in the company the nuances of the UI and the OKR workflow took some time.

Jonathan A.

Easy to use OKR portal!

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Pros

The navigation of OKRs is made super easy using Ally

Cons

None that I can think of, as we use it without integrating to other apps, i.e., Jira

Response from Ally.io

Hi Jonathan,

Paritosh G.

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

comments on OKRs and chekins

OKR cascading

Cons

need to login every time as computer is not remembered and session timeouts are very short