Showing 79 reviews of 67

Brosix

Secure instant messenger for teams and businesses

Showing 79 reviews of 67
  • Industry: Media Production

A great team chat with a cool retro style

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

I used Brosix to set up a few private team network chats for some of my best clients, and I've always been satisfied by it. People who work in the tech field often require specific tools tailored upon their unique needs, and Brosix has always prove to be flexible yet secure enough. I advised several companies to install and use it, and so far, my experience has always been positive.

Pros

Brosix is incredibly simple to set up and use. You just install it, and no maintenance is required. Even those technically impaired ducks who fumble with nearly all other instant messenger app were able to catch up with it in no time. The full end-to-end encryption on all communication channels means that is amazingly secure as well, which is a great selling point especially for tech enterprises and organizations that must struggle with strict compliance requirements (I'm thinking about HIPAA, for example). On top of that, I found it much lighter than other chats such as Skype, which is always a bonus.

Cons

Some people complained about its "retro" style that makes it look like a somewhat old tool. However, I personally appreciate this style since it has a cool nostalgia feel that is particularly appealing to the nerdiest tech geeks out there. I understand that not everybody may like this design, though, so ultimately YMMV.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much for this rich review.

Our whole team is delighted to hear that the hard work to provide our customers with best possible flexibility and security to match their needs, has been paying off.

In relation to our product's design, we have chosen this because of its simplicity which makes it really easy for all types of users to understand and work with, so that they do not have to deal with any specifications - they won't have to discover any paths of how to use a certain feature.

Also, we want to thank you for sharing your positive experience with Brosix IM with others. We try to constantly update our service to meet our clients' needs, so feedback is always welcomed!

Brandy W.

Great Messenger for our offices

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Allows us to train and couch our agents without clients knowing. We set up groups which is great on our end depending on who we need to communicate with all at one time. Can also share screens to help in more detail or send documents within the Brosix messenger. Has been a great fit for our agency.

Pros

We have 3 offices. Brosix allows each office to communicate, especially if someone is with a client or on the phone. Brosix is easy to install and add each when we add agents to our offices.

Cons

With groups, not sure how to remove an agent when they are no longer with the agency or with that specific department.

Response from Brosix

Hello Brandy. Our team is very happy to hear that you have considered Brosix as a great fit for your agency.

We appreciate the creativity of our customers and value that each one finds a different way to benefit from the service. In relation to groups configuration, you can always change settings and add/remove users from the Control Panel that every network administrator has access to. We also maintain a 'Help' platform https://help.brosix.com/ which you can quickly find your question into by, for example, typing 'How to remove someone from a group in Brosix?'.

We are very thankful for your review as customers' feedback always helps us optimize the service and see what difficulties are experienced. Have a great and productive week!

Brent B.

Great Product - Simple & Clean

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

Lots of features in this software for a small price. Screen Share, File Share, Co-Browsing, IM, Chat Rooms, etc. Very intuitive and simple to use

Cons

Occasional connection issues. Have had to have our database moved to a new server to correct an issue

Response from Brosix

Thank you, Brent for your feedback.

Our team is happy to hear that you've been having good use of the Brosix features. We also hope that instead of experienced difficulty, you are continuing to have a positive experience with our tool.

Have a wonderful day!

Patrick C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Easy to use and implement

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

Brosix is easy to use and easy to set up for employees. We have employees that work from home and it enables us to communicate in real time.

Cons

Some of the features are only available in the Enterprise edition and it would be nice to pay per seat and not for 10 seats if you have 5 employees

Response from Brosix

Thank you, Patrick, for your feedback.
More than anything else, we would like to provide a reliable service to take away the burden of communication for successful businesses globally. We are glad to hear we have helped you manage the process with your remote workers.

We have tried to make user licenses purchasing as convenient as possible. With Brosix you pay a price for a user per month with an option to pay annually which significantly reduces the cost. For example, if you have 5 users in you network, you pay just for them. You can later add and/or remove users whenever you decide, which would simply reduce/extend your plan in days, meaning you will not be asked to pay every time you add a person into the network. Your trial will just be reduced in calculated amount of days, or respectively extended if you remove ones.

As always, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions and/or needs of assistance.

Julie S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

We have not had any issues as of yet with Brosix. Super easy to use

Pros

Brosix makes it easy to communicate with all of our staff. We have 9 different locations up and down the front range of Colorado. So if we need anyone to know anything we just send a quick message. As before we were having to email or call to relay messages. We all love it!

Cons

There is nothing that we don't like about Brosix

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much Julie fo your review.

The thing for us that is extremely important is customer satisfaction. To hear that Brosix makes your workday better and less stressful means that we do our job the right way.

Enjoy your day.

Greg S.

For all size companies

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Very good customer service and support. Pricing is decent, but good for what you get. Its definitely a superior product compared to competition.

Pros

The software was easy to implement both on a PC and cell phones.

Cons

We had connectivity issues early on when on cell phones, but that appears to have been mitigated

Response from Brosix

Thank you, Greg, for your support.

We are happy to hear that Brosix has managed to fit your work process and needs, and therefore you've been delighted with your choice.

It is also good to hear that the issues that you've previously experienced has already been solved. But as always, we welcome any reports of problems and recommendations from our customers, so please feel free to contact us with any of these.

Cynthia M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Best Instant Messaging App!

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Using this software I am able to set up meetings by figuring out people's availability and coordinating properly. It's also helped me figure out deadlines for projects and assignments because it allows me to communicate effectively and efficiently with my colleagues.

Pros

I really like the simple and user friendly design of this software. Helps me communicate with colleagues when I can't leave my desk. Would definitely recommend!

Cons

It take a few attempts to set up my account, however I think it was also because the computer I'm using is pretty slow.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much Cynthia for your review.

What we always aim for is customer satisfaction. To hear that Brosix makes your work day better and less stressful, means that we do our job the right way. We are delighted to know that you make use of most of our enterprise features to improve your daily productivity.

Please do not hesitate to contact our support whenever you experience any difficulties, have any questions and/or needs of assistance. The team will be ready to help you.

Dean M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Brosix

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Overall, my experience with Brosix was very positive. However, my previous organization switched to Zoom and felt it was inferior to Zoom.

Pros

Brosix provides an intuitive platform for inter-organization instant messaging. It also has various features such as screen share, remote control access, etc.

Cons

The thing I liked the least about Brosix was the lack of missing features and integrations with other platforms.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Dean, for your review.
We feel delighted to know that Brosix has helped you in your daily work process and communication.

Our team works daily to improve our product's features, thus we find your feedback as a customer truly valuable. It helps us know what to focus on.

Even though you're currently not a Brosix user, please feel free to contact us with any questions that you might have. Our support will be happy to assist you.

Arthur T.

As a daily user i recommend this software

It fits my needs.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and find for example my conversation history or to share files.

Cons

Sometimes the conversation history erases itself

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Arthur, for your review.

The Brosix Team works hard every day with the only cause to provide a reliable service that teams could use on their daily basis and really help them enjoy the benefits of secure communication. We are happy to hear that Brosix has fit your needs.

Also, in order to minimize the chance of experiencing such issues, please make sure that you're always using the latest version of the application. Your opinion means a lot to us so please feel free to contact us every time that you need us.

Paola B.

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Pros

This product is so easy to use.
It stores all the chats for future review.

Cons

Not much I can advise I did not like.
I like it all.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Paola, for your kind words.

We at Brosix work hard to provide a service that could help you communicate more efficiently. What gives us the inspiration to keep up with the good work are the many satisfied clients just like you that help us grow by keeping in touch with us.

Thank you once again.

Paula H.

Awesomeness

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Goodness!

Pros

interoffice contact and updates on availability of fellow employees

Cons

I do not find anything wrong so far but don't like surveys particularly

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much Paula for your review.

We are happy to hear that you've made good use of Brosix. More than anything else, we would like to provide a reliable service to take away the burden of communication for successful businesses globally.

We truly appreciate your time sharing your feedback with us. This helps us improve the quality of our service daily, so that it meets our customers' needs.

As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions and/or needs of assistance.

Have a fantastic day.

Brosix is Amazing

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Our agents are able to bounce ideas off of each other which helps lessen the time that it takes to offer an insurance policy to our clients.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that I am able to communicate with fellow coworkers in another state with extreme ease, files can be shared and screen sharing for those hard to figure out moments.

Cons

What I like least about this software is nothing.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much for your review.

As always, please feel free to get back to us if you need any type of assistance.

Have a fabulous day.

Travis V.
  • Industry: Automotive

Why you'll Love Brosix

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

My overall experience has been nothing but great. It is really easy to use and administer. The back end is very user friendly.

Pros

The software is easy to use and as an administrator you can support it from anywhere. It consistently is upgraded with better features and abilities at no extra cost. You can contact support and they will fix any feasible issue that you have in a short time.

Cons

Wish you could log in more than one device simultaneously.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Travis, for your feedback.

More than anything else, we would like to provide a reliable service to take away the burden of communication for successful businesses globally. We are glad to hear we have helped you.

We provide a 'Multiple Logins' option that can be enabled from the Control Panel > Settings > Options > Multiple Logins. If being enabled, all users in your network can log in from multiple devices simultaneously. If you want to enable or disable the feature for a specific user, go to Users > User Accounts > Choose the specific user > Controls > Multiple Logins.

Please always feel free to contact us with any questions and/or needs of assistance.

Eoin G.

Great secure messaging service with clients for all platforms

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

We needed a secure way to communicate sensitive information between users. Brosix allowed us to connect without having to manually setup cumbersome encryption software on top of another piece of software. The multiplatform availability of clients is incredibly helpful allowing us to securely communicate on desktop, mobile phone, laptop, and chromebooks (either as a android app, web browser or as a linux app.)

Pros

Brosix is very easy to setup with a downloadable installer specific to our organization. The users can be setup in bulk or one by one. You can send a broadcast message to a specific group of users (team).

Cons

I'd like to see more/varied emoji or the ability to import emojis.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Eoin, for the review.
The Brosix team is delighted to hear that we have met your needs for a secure communication tool for your organization.

We are also happy to announce that we have currently been working on adding more emojis to our platform to provide our customers with the ability to better express themselves.

Becky G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Communication system

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

We are able to immediately solve signage issues right away because when someone discovers that there is a problem, we are able to communicate and get the problem fixed right away and this helps our company on so many levels. We are all (as far as I know) very happy with this product. I will recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great way to communicate in a large company.

Pros

I work for a High End Natural/Conventional Grocery Store and we have multiple stores. I am a graphics Design person and we have other Graphic Design people in our other stores and We use Brosix all day to communicate with each other. We are responsible for all of the signage that customers see, so it's very important to make sure we are all on the same page and Brosix's makes sure that happens! We are able to create a group chat so that we can all have an impute on what's needed to be created. It's like we are all together virtually! Never have had a problem with it that I can't fix or adjust.

Cons

that some times when it updates, it does makes the font's smaller? for some reason. Speaking of fonts size, I do have a hard time figuring out to make the fonts size bigger and maybe a different font.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much Becky for your review. Feedbacks with both positive and suggestive information are truly helpful for our team, so that we would know what to pay more attention to.

We are happy to hear that you have always been managing to do your job properly with Brosix. It is a purpose of ours to make communication as real as possible with all features that are being provided to our customers.

You are able to change text font and size when having a text chat open > Click on the key icon above the text bar > Font > F.

Have a wonderful day!

Sadiqa O.

Communication between offices

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

The ease of communication between offices, even in other states or on the go with the mobile app. In this industry it is important to be able to communicate with your team members and get a quick response and Brosix allows us to do that.

Cons

There is not much that I can complain about with Brosix. I occasionally with have to restart it if the application is not functioning properly.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much Sadiqa for your feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you've had an overall positive experience with our tool for your daily work process.

Please be sure that you update to the latest version whenever such is released, so that any existing issues are being removed immediately.

Have a wonderful and productive day.

Colleen R.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

We have had great success with Brosix compared to other products for communication.

Pros

It is great to be able to communicate with staff immediately. It is fun to be able to use emojis. You can "facetime" talk to a coworker.

Cons

I wish there was more emojis. Sometimes your Brosix will go offline and you are not aware.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Colleen, for your review.

The Brosix Team works hard every day with the only cause to provide a reliable service that teams could use on their daily basis and really help them enjoy the benefits of secure & streamlined communication.

Our team has already been working on adding new emojis, so that our clients can express themselves in the best possible way.

Have a fantastic day.

Jack L.
  • Industry: Wholesale

We love Brosix

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

We love the screen sharing feature as well as how you can group the users into different sites. Also love the chat rooms to send out messages company wide.

Cons

No strong passwords or AD integration. For ease of creating new user accounts and managing users, AD integration is a must. Stronger passwords also for better security.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Jack, for your review.

We are happy to hear that you've been taking advantage of the administrative features of Brosix and that it has managed to fit your team's needs.

We would like to ensure you that we will consider your suggestion for stronger passwords for our next builds.

Have a nice day!

David G.

Long time user Brosix

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Inter office communications vital between different users to obtain customer call backs and other important information that needs to be sent throughout the day
Also like ability to be able to transfer files and screen share

Pros

Great value for money and been a long time user or 5 plus years

Cons

No chat bot due to time zone/country differences
Would like more functionality in basic level

Response from Brosix

Thank you David for your feedback and for trusting Brosix for that long.

Our team is delighted to know that our service helps our customers in their work process and makes it a bit easier.

We encourage our customers to contact us with any specific suggestions they believe would be advantageous for them to be included in future versions.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Francis C.
  • Industry: Insurance

excellent feature to connect with your team!

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Pros

screen sharing! emojis! it is not tracked through your company so they won't be nosy in your conversations

Cons

sometimes it doesnt save chat history... but its online!

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Francis, for your feedback.

Please make sure that all your team members, including yourself, are always being on the latest version of Brosix so that you can avoid such frustrations in your work process.

Always feel free to contact us in case you have any need for assistance.

Amanda K.

Love this program!

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Pros

Being able to communicate with all staff while operating 2 agencies

Cons

There are no cons to the program that I have encountered.

Response from Brosix

Thank you Amanda for your review.

We cannot express how happy we are with the positive feedback of our product.

Thank you for putting your trust in Brosix.

Melissa D.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Valuable Tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Pros

Brosix has been a great asset to our organization by giving us the ability to communicate to teammates who are at multiple locations.

Cons

No cons so far! Even though we are in the trial period we will most likely continue the service!

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Melissa, for your review.

We are really excited to know that Brosix has fit into your current needs and that you'd be considering to continue being our client.

Please feel free to contact us whenever you have any questions and/or needs of assistance. Our team will be ready and willing to help.

Cassio N.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Record

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

Pros

Easy to use and practical features and beginner friendly

Cons

Conversation history does not record....

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Cassio for your review.

We are happy to hear that you've made good use of Brosix and its features.

Please always make sure that your team, including yourself, is using the latest version of Brosix in order to avoid such inconveniences. In case you need any assistance, please feel free to contact our support via email or phone.

Julie M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Brosix review

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

love it.

Pros

really easy to use. love love it.!!!!!!!!

Cons

nothing. everything is very user friendly. Will tell everyone about this.

Response from Brosix

Thank you very much, Julie, for your review.

We cannot express how happy we are with the positive feedback of our product.

Thank you for putting your trust in Brosix.