PaperSurvey

Cloud-based solution for online and paper-based surveys

4,8
4,9
4,7
4,8
Industry: Education Management

A great tool for analysing survey!

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/10

A hidden gem for the survey data collection and analysis service. In fact, I have tested a lot of other products which provide the similar services yet none of those products could rival Papersurvey. What I like most about Papersurvey is its ease of use and the friendly customer service. Whenever I face any technical issue, Papersurvey will address the issue promptly and answer to my doubts patiently. Thumbs up for the great service!

Pros

Time-saving
Efficient
High accuracy
And the best of all, great customer support.

Cons

The generated excel file for the result analysis is only number value instead of the responding answers. Maybe there's a way to generate it? Thank you.

Virgil H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Revolutionary: Paper-based Data Collection for the 21st Century with Incredible Customer Service

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Brilliant. Over-the-top customer service and expediency to design improvements based on feedback. It's an easy-to-use product that fills a void in the market and takes the sometimes essential paper-based survey work into the 21st century!

Pros

It worked out of the box. No training required, no clumsy configurations, and almost zero trial and error. The software itself is unique in the market offerings because other OCR and OMR products are not well-suited for research surveys and customer feedback forms. Yes, alternatives are available, but the design constraints of alternatives make it very difficult to tailor to research data capture needs or require an insane amount of configuration and set-up.

PaperSurvey is as simple to use as google forms and the whole team can get online to use the product themselves without the need to burden a single administrator. It has really impressive accuracy in OMR and OCR, while also integrating with cloud data platforms (even google sheets!) to make paper survey data capture and real-time reporting dreams come true!

Cons

While there may be some areas that can still be enhanced, by experience with customer service has blown me away by letting me see that sometimes design improvements can happen with remarkable expediency when a shortcoming is pointed out.

When I pointed out to the developer that the fonts used for the Chinese language didn't support the traditional Chinese alphabet (used by our clients) the developer was able to change the font to support our language needs right away. It was amazing.

At the moment, I do find myself wondering about our scale-up and deployment model, and have some uncertainty about the software's Team Access permissions functions. It seems I won't be able to set different access permissions for different surveys or create survey groups with different team access for the group. I intend to look for a solution with the developer for this once our scaled-up usage needs are clear. Aside from this, the companion mobile app looks a bit wonky, but by having an app that works already puts PaperSurvey way out ahead of the competition!

Konstantinos K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best solution on the market

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/10/03

Pros

Many desirable features were already implemented and the amazing support team promptly implemented those that weren't

Cons

I honestly could not think of anything to write

David C.
Industry: Restaurants
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

PaperSurvey: Great solution for paper based survey.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Pros

Low cost
High accuracy
Able to OCR

Cons

Limited form format
Not able to use HTML design own form
limited language support

Response from MB Mygtukynas

Thanks for the review!

Michael K.
Industry: Management Consulting

Best Value for Money

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/08/21

PaperSurvey saved my project on lower grades pupils testing and grading.

Pros

Best handwriting recognition. Ease to use and works perfectly for offline project that require offline data capture.

Cons

The preview could be better and faster to save design time.

Robert M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Perfect tool for a small organization

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

I am managing a survey for a homeowners association. To accommodate the range of owners we have opted to conduct the survey buth on paper and online. That presented the challenge to find a tool that would support that decision. Enter papersurvey.io. This one tool designs, previews,prepares print survey for mailmerge, scans paper responses including character recognition and handwrtten recognition, and supports online reporting. As a former survey manager for a government agency, I was pleasantly surprised to find a tool with such a robust set of capabilities. Most important, the software developer listens and accommodates most requests.

Pros

Flexible tool that supports paper and online surveys

Cons

No cons whatsoever; it serves my purposes completely and in every possible capacity. I definirly would use it again

Cayla P.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Fantastic choice for creating paper form survey

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/07/16

I create online and offline surveys for children and adult, it satisfies my need to create surveys for wide range of respondents.

Pros

Papersurvey.io is extremely easy to use, all-rounded for creating paper form surveys. The accuracy of OMR is excellent. What's more amazing than the high-quality paper form surveys is that, users can even create online surveys. It also allows paper form responses and web responses combining in one survey! I have been using papersurvey.io for surveys in English and Traditional Chinese, all running well. Last but not least, it's the best customer service I have ever had! Timely and helpful technical support. Highly recommended.

Cons

Text formatting is less convenient than other platforms.

Adrian K.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Simple & Effective

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Very pleasant, contact via messenger is responsive and you talk to a real person.

Pros

- very easy to setup, intuitive UI for creating a questionnaire (similar to Google forms)
- plenty of options for question types
- form layout is simple and effective, spaced nicely no over crowding
- printing versions, can be used to print a version for on location and allocate it accordingly once scanned
- dropbox feature works seamlessly, takes a minute to setup
- verification is quick and suprisingly pretty accurate ocr
- integration with Google sheets is the icing on the cake, perfect for connecting to business intelligence software.

Cons

- metrics aren't as detailed and customisable as Survey Monkey or other survey apps (example: multiple filters, and/if conditions) but then again it's not its main offering.

Rebecca W.
Industry: Research

Couldn't say better things

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/02/20

My overall experience was fantastic. I honestly have nothing bad to say. The developer went above and beyond to meet my needs, the product worked exactly as advertised, and it saved hours upon hours of time. I will absolutely be recommending PaperSurvey to my colleages and it will be my go-to for all future research work that I conduct.

Pros

What I liked most was the ease of use and the exceptional technical support from the developer. I also liked the barcode feature and the ability to easily and quickly review any issues after uploading surveys (such as errors in responses). You are also able to add people to help you in the review of responses, which allowed me to include graduate students in a team to quickly go through any issues that the system flagged. I was very very happy with my experience.

Cons

At times it could be slow, but only because I had a massive data set of nearly 5,000 surveys with nearly 13 pages of questions. The developer went to great lengths to improve the speed of the database because of my intense usage of it. Because of this, even what I did not like ended up being a strength because of the tech support.

Sherry L.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

First time user, very pleased!

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Great experience overall. Tested the survey and learned what to adjust and how to correct the areas that were unclear. For me this was all about trial and error. Support was always available, no matter how many times I reached out.

Pros

I felt the customer support was outstanding. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went the extra mile to create exactly what I needed for my program.

Cons

Navigating my way through to make the edits necessary was not an easy task. Again, thanks to the support I was able to create exactly what I needed

Shreya V.
Industry: Education Management

Amazing Product, Excellent Customer Service!

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/06/16

Pros

I urgently had to find a software to use for paper feedback that could be then be uploaded to extract the responses in an efficient and smart way. Im so glad that I found PaperSurvey. I loved designing the survey as it really made me think about a simple user experience, which PaperSurvey so seamlessly has the capability to do so.

The software to read written responses is so powerful too! Rather than spending hours to scribe written feedback, PaperSurvey had almost a 80% success rate in detecting handwritings (and some were really illegible!).

For me, the speed at which the founder of PaperSurvey, helped to respond to my queries and supported me throughout my month long national scale project was something I was so pleasantly surprised and extremely grateful for!!! Big shout out to founder! :D

Cons

Manually verifying written responses, especially for a large set of data alone can be quite daunting. It would be great to pay an additional amount to have it outsourced to PaperSurvey as well (maintaining confidentiality if needed). From what I hear, this is already a work in progress ;)

Phil T.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

The silver bullet for OMR software surveys

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

We are using PaperSurvey to survey the people we serve. Papersurvey lets us survey as many people as we like and then process the data very quickly so we can start digging in!

Pros

Papersurvey.io is modern and customizable! I has a lot of great options and features without feeling bloated. I'm a bit fan of batch uploading and the ability to quickly review responses as well as export csv files.

I also love that it is web-based. My team using both Mac and PCs, so it's great to be able to be platform agnostic.

Cons

I haven't found any issues with the software to complain about. The developer is very responsive to feedback and has also documented paper survey well.

Jay B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Full featured service

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Receiving feedback for doctors on their abilities for appraisals.

Pros

The range of features is great. Ability to email responses to be automatically read is great. We keep finding new ways in which the software fits our needs. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very helpful and responsive to queries.

Cons

Survey creation can sometimes be cumbersome.

Sandra T.
Industry: Research

Very good tool to collect data

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

I use it to collect data for research, both in paper and online.

Pros

Very good technical support. It was very easy to design the survey.

Cons

Nothing. Everything has worked well and all difficulties have been easily solved.