TelemetryTV

4,9 (98)
Powerful cloud-based digital signage.

Jeff O.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Simple, Flexible, and Affordable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

The user interface and dashboard is designed perfectly for every type of user. It is easy to manage devices, playlists, and utilize templates. As a startup company, our needs are ever changing and TelemetryTV has been there for us every step of the way. They provide a road map of upcoming features to ensure all their customers are well informed. No one likes an unexpected change! One thing that makes TelemetryTV stand out is their support team. You will never be left without an answer from one of their in-house experts.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints or dislikes.

Joseph H.

Great for K-12

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Support has always been there to help and the company handles issue first hand. They are constantly building in new solutions to work with their product.

Pros

The ease of use. This was easy to get setup and working in little to no time.

Cons

There really isn't cons that I've found so far. This product really fits our needs.

Mvix Digital Signage

Cost and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV

Price was modular and "nickle and dime" for each module you wanted to add.
Alex R.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A game changer for our business

Reviewed on 2022/05/11

The Customer Support was amazing. We are located in a different hemisphere from the vendor, but still managed to develop a great relationship with our account manager thanks to their thoughtful attention to our needs. We also had a few issues to work through on our end to get the system up and running, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] patiently talked us through these.

Pros

The value this tool brings is the ability to communicate with staff where they are, allowing staff to engage as much as they want to. It is part of our comms eco system, directing staff back to find further information in various other places. We have received great feedback and uptake from the business.

Cons

I am not hugely technical, so the process of getting content up doesn't come naturally for me me. Having said that, with basic guidance from the vendor we have it all up and running smoothl;y

Ralph U.

A bad Experienced

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

overall experienced was bad, and we are planning on replacing it.

Pros

software is easy to use and easy to deploy.

Cons

most of the time it disconnect and you need to pair again.
and if you don't remove the unpair device they will charge you for it.

OptiSigns

Because of good review.

Response from TelemetryTV

Hi Ralph, thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I apologize that you've been having these issues with TelemetryTV and we would love to help resolve them for you.

Certain devices may have settings configured that may cause the media player app to reset. If this is happening, it will likely persist if you use a different application.

You can mitigate this by using one of our recommended devices and ensuring settings are configured according to our documentation.

Our system automatically detects new devices to calculate your monthly bill, so if you have been overcharged due to adding a new device by accident, please let us know and we will be happy to issue a refund immediately. Upon request, we can also lock down your device count limit to avoid additional charges in the future.

A member of our support team will reach out to you shortly!

Rachel S.

Easy to use digital signage

Reviewed on 2022/06/20

Great! Really happy to have TelemetryTV in our office.

Pros

We primarily use Telemetry the host of analytics this systems are able to support. Keeps both our US and Canadian company in synch.

Cons

Compatibility - can only be used with Google devices

Response from TelemetryTV

Rachel - thank you for the kind words! I wanted to clarify that we are not only compatible with ChromeOS devices. We are hardware agnostic and work on a range of operating systems; TelemetryOS, Linux, Windows, MacOS, and Android. If you're interested in exploring other device options please feel free to reach out to [email protected] and we will be happy to point you in the right direction based on your use case.

Phillip D.
  • Industry: Libraries

TelemetryTV as a platform, and a company, is most excellent. Highly reccomend.

Reviewed on 2021/05/17

Our company has a mish mash system of digital signage that has historically been unrealiable and difficult to manage. After presenting TTV to our communications department and to directors, everyone is very excited about TTV and the improvement to our Signage program it will provide.
Kelli with TTV is great to work with and has been immensely helpful and patient throughout the whole process of vetting, selecting, and purchasing TTV.

Pros

-Excellent, responsive customer service.
-Thorough training and comprehensive knowledge base
-Webhooks for integration with Emergency Notification System
I consider this a very desirable integration for increasing the strength of our emergency notification system to patrons and staff.

-Device status notifications
-Viewer only users
It was expressed by our communications department that it would be desirable to have a login that Staff could utilize to log in and view presentations at will on workstations to provide great service to Patrons.

-Group permissions
-Additional users beyond minimum included amount

I could honestly go on and on but these are some of the features included in the Enhanced package that I really value. Many of the "basic" features are also true highlights and I'm very happy with all of the offerings and capabilities that TTV provides.

Cons

So far, I have honestly found no cons. I haven't fully deployed the system yet but in my trials and in processing pilot devices, I am very impressed and excited to be using TTV.

Rise Vision, Spectrio, NoviSign and BroadSign

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV

Interface quality, Ease of Use, Cost, Branding, Integrations, Customer service experience

Awesome Signage Solution

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

It allows us to display branded content and updates consistently across multiple screens in different buildings, cities and timezones which is exactly what we need. It's nice to be able to update and schedule content remotely and have it display immediately.

Pros

We use Telemetry to display branded content and updates to our employees around the office and at different buildings we manage. We chose this solution because it was extremely easy to use, updates display quickly and even inexperienced users can make changes and create content. We love their app library because it allows us to quickly create new content for our screens by just entering a few fields and selecting a font and background.

Cons

The only thing that would be nice would be integration with Amazon firestick. We have some firesticks on hand and weren't able to use them but they have other inexpensive options which work fine.

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV

We really like TelemetryTV's admin portal and found it easier to use. They also offer better pricing.
Jessica E.
  • Industry: Banking

Telemetry is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2022/05/03

Pros

The flexibility to share designs between playlists and ease of use with designing. It integrates with Canva as well which is a plus!

Cons

More features would always be a plus within the software.

David M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2022/06/08

I think this software is a game-changer for mom pop shops and the average retail store.

Pros

What I like about the software the most is its ease of use. I have used a few other software's and the learning curve can be harsh. I believe Telemetry has nailed it. Great job

Cons

The one con if any would be the processing time after you have uploaded a video. and to be fair it might be out of there control. If they could speed that up at all that would be great.

Michelle D.

I love this product

Reviewed on 2022/05/06

I love it and would recommend it to anyone who wants a display board.

Pros

It is so easy to use. I was nervous it would be to difficult but it is very user friendly.

Cons

It took me a bit to get it installed but now its awesome

Bob C.

Constantly Improving

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

My first real experience with Telemetry was dealing with their support team. I jumped into the product with no experience and limited knowledge. I had never even used a competitor, so I reached out to the support team to get help and was immediately impressed. Support responds within minutes and gives thorough and helpful answers. They also pointed me toward their extensive list of help articles.

Pros

TelemetryTV is constantly improving. They continuously release new features, enhancements and fixes for their software. The solution is fully cloud based, so these new features are delivered in real time. The product was great when I first started using it, but it has improved dramatically over the 14 months. You're not just paying for what the product is today, but you're investing into something that will be improved over time. That gives me more confidence as I continue to put time into the product. I don't feel like I'm poised to outgrow this solution.

TelemetryTV has a very short learning curve. It is easy to use, change and adapt. I appreciate the fact that you can quickly use the simple features, but there is a huge amount of flexibility and options that you can grow into as you move forward.

Cons

When I first started with the product, I had a few issues getting things going. There are so many options for devices and slide design that I wasn't really sure where to get started. What really helped me get over the top was reaching out to support and the extensive help library I found.

Matt F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

A Step Up for Digital Signage

Reviewed on 2021/07/02

We are going all-in with TelemetryTV, with 15 large displays and soon 28 meeting room displays of various sizes. The ability to quickly spin up devices is great and user training is straight forward. Cloud-based makes it easy to have devices wireless on their own without having to deploy dedicated networking on top of power. It just works, and look forward to seeing it serve our needs long into the future.

Pros

The ease of deployment and flexibility of devices to utilize was a huge sell. It was extremely easy to test with the free single license and the ability to run on said devices to see if it was a good fit. No need to wait for demo hardware. While an online demo was nice, being able to dive into the system helped make a quick decision in our limited project timeframe.

Cons

There is room for improvement with slide transitions where they are too jarring, e.g. a crossfade will fade to a background but not the next slide, then the next slide just appears. Really affects a large number of the selection which is a tough sell. There is no customization on transition timings and they all seem a bit fast.
Android support was touted as a primary preferred platform, but any of the preferred devices (and we tested many) all failed to perform well over 24hours to the point of failure. Hoping that gets improved, but Windows 10 devices are working great!

REACH, AxisTV Signage Suite, Carousel and Yodeck

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV

We originally were going to go with the Tightrope Systems Carousel product, since we had internal familiarity and had deployed that in the past, but after having hands-on opportunities and with costs seeming to go higher for hardware/server/licensing on other products, Tightrope really stood out. Pleasantly surprised.
Paul H.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Nice and simple

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

I downloaded the free trial and listened to the video presentations to familiarize myself with how it all works. I built pages, imported images and created "APPS". There is a "chat" button on the bottom left corner and I used that to obtain further instruction. I did this over several days and always received a prompt response.

Pros

This software is easy to learn and laid out in a nice simple icon style. Gotta love drag and drop.

Cons

Have only used the trial version but have used that to rebuild all my TV screens from the old system, Honestly no down side as yet.

Xibo and QuickESign

Reasons for Choosing TelemetryTV

We had a server based electronic signage system. IT wants to free up that server so I was given the task of finding a cloud based system. There is a myriad of them out there, this one caught my eye. Was the second free trial and I love it. Just what I need.

Xibo

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV

Much cleaner layout, and better online chat assistance.
Brian F.

Excellent Product - Solves So Many Issues

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

TelemetryTV has proved itself over and over again with professionalism in all areas of the company. The support personal are attentive and quick to action and the sales team was responsive and easy to work with.

Pros

The ease of use in getting a message onto the screens is so user friendly and super intuitive. The software is designed with the end user in mind. Instead of a series of convoluted and confusing steps in putting together digital signage together, TelemetryTV made a very straight forward platform that anyone can use with minimal training or practice. The cloud based nature of the platform allows the users such ease in producing digital signage without any limitations to a single work station with special software installed.

Cons

I do not have any serious issues with the platform - it is overall a solid product.

Justin P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great service and great customer service!

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

TelemetryTV has been great for our orginazation and continues to be our go to service for digital signage!

Pros

TelemetryTV makes it easy to set up and deploy digital signage across our campus. Thanks to TelemetryTV my team and co-workers have been able to spread important transportation information and news while providing welcoming signage. The customer service is quick to respond and the various forums provide helpful information. Plus the development team listens to user suggestions and provides regular updates.

Cons

I wish the updates provided detailed informatio on what was updated or removed. Currently, the updates only alert users of the availability of an update but provide no other information.

Ian S.

Top Notch Quality, Value and Service

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Excellent team that is not only easy to work with, but also innovative and always thinking ahead for us. The product is rock solid and one of the best platforms on the marketplace that we have found in the 15 years that we have been in the digital signage business.

Pros

TelemetryTV has an extremely robust set of tools to create some of the best digital signage I have seen. Tools and apps in the user interface are straight forward and intuitive and can be easily learned. The advanced features are solid and with them, we are able to create innovative playlists and media for the viewers of our signage networks.

Cons

None that I have found to date. For features that we were looking to implement, the team guided us to them or helped us by getting them on their feature roadmap.

Daniel H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Brilliant Software, lots of features, easy to manage

Reviewed on 2021/05/12

One of our main goals was to
Also since the start of 2020, we were easily able to put up employee-safety notices, concerning covid.

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, TTV is easy to use, and has a lot of potential. The program allows basically all media to be pushed to your device pool on-demand.
I've been able to display covid safety notices, company notices, warnings about downtime, celebrations of company success.
The support team are excellent. Even though we're in different time-zones, they always help me out when I ask, and they'll reach out to me with product updates, new features etc.

Cons

Onboarding was time-consuming because of the amount of devices I have, however I haven't had much trouble with devices since.

Patrick S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Easy to use and valuable digital signage solution

Reviewed on 2020/01/26

The easy setup, the high quality of output and the ease of use at a fair price convinced us of the product.

Pros

- Ease of use
- Very easy display setup with countless options
- Produces professional looking results
- Canva Integration bridges the missing integrated editor
- Nice and easy to use apps for different standard use cases

Cons

- Canva Integration is a good way. However, you need to integrate another software to produce more creative charts. The exporting process slows down the workflow. Especially when texts are used in Canva layouts, small adjustments are delayed considerably due to the required handover between the two programs.
- Apps are really simple. This makes operation very easy. On the other hand it reduces the possibilities a lot. One would want to see much more options for designing and manipulating the output of the apps.
- Labels in apps really should be editable. Without this feature most apps are unusable for non-english locations

Play Digital Signage, ScreenCloud, NoviSign and OnSign TV

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV

- Easy of use - Output quality of apps - Price - Player option via android / nvidia shield tv

Response from TelemetryTV

Hi Patrick, thanks a lot for your review! I wanted to mention that, just this week, we released our Language Localization feature that allows you to update the Language on an account or a device level to change the labels in your apps to your preferred language.

Jared M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Flexible, intuitive and feature-rich digital display platform

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

Pros

The TelemetryTV user experience is excellent for content deployment and admin functions for our lobby displays. We were able to easily customize the interface exactly to our brand and franchisees needs. The support team is always prompt with responses. Each time I have reached out with a questions or concern they quickly found solutions and followed up.

Training new end users is straightforward and supported by top-notch documentation on the TelemetryTV website

Cons

In the future I would like to see a TelemetryTV app where our end users can create/edit playlists and content from their cell phones. I understand that competitors are not offering this either.

Reasons for Choosing TelemetryTV

Price point. Ability to customize end user functions. Quick deployment of content.

Value, customization, exemplary support
Joseph M.
  • Used for 1+ year

Excellent Signage

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Good, Telemetry is a effective solution for our School's digital signage. It's been great for displaying info, news, and videos to students and staff at our school.

Pros

I like user interface and customization options for our TV displays. The interface is simple to use and easy to modify. I also like the variety of apps that can be added to each display or board and that everything is synced immediately when any changes are deployed.

Cons

The primary issue I have had is with software updates. I have occasionally had a box crash or get stuck after the device updated to a new version of telemetry or Chrome OS.

Mvix Digital Signage

Reasons for Choosing TelemetryTV

Cost, Support, and reliability.

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV

Cost, User Interface, Ease of Use and Customization Options.
Tony G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Telemetry in Schools

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Our organization consists of multiple sites, the furthest spanning 70 miles apart. The ability to remotely access all of the devices, their content, and the ability to override that content and mange users and groups from a single point of access is critical to the productivity of our technology department.

Pros

In today's world the ability to access management software with the simplicity of opening a web browser and navigating to the website from anywhere at any time is key to providing the real-time distribution of information that is expected by consumers.

Cons

Updates to the system are made frequently. Which is a good thing because the updates continually improve the user experience, but often causes frustration among users when they can't find a feature because the "look" and "feel" has changed since their last use.

John C.

5S Visual Factory Component

Reviewed on 2021/08/19

Our TV installers were so impressed with the setup and the onboard admin interface, that they've asked for TelemetryTV's contact.

Pros

Ease of use, right out of the box. You get a proper look-n-feel from the trial, and although there is a learning curve the UI/X is friendly and intuitive. Able to project rolling production/shipping/receiving schedules and seemingly limitless other content using an extensive apps library. Non-proprietary broadcast appliance is essentially a miniaturized computer that can be easily upgraded or repurposed for other uses on our factory floor. EXCELLENT customer service.

Cons

Workarounds for broadcasting Teams/Zoom calls, but not yet natively supported. It will be awesome if the appliance can interface with the TV itself e.g. turn it on and off - that will truly make the platform a one-stop shop.

Chris V.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A hassle free Digital Signage solution

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

Managing a large amount of screens in an educational environment.

Pros

After experiencing reliability issues and poor support with our existing Digital Signage solution, I decided it was time to invest in something different. After trialling a couple of solutions I came across Telemetry TV, I am so glad I did! Telemetry TV is very simple to setup, easy to administrate and allows you to deploy rich content to your screens in no time. I really like being able to see snapshots of what my screens are doing in real-time, overrides, the multitude of app integrations and most of all the instantaneous screen updates once a playlist is updated.

Cons

I love this product but TelemetryTV please create an Admin app for turning on overrides and making changes on the go.

Jennifer W.
  • Industry: Farming

AgXplore University

Reviewed on 2021/04/23

We had some kinks to work out, but finally got them worked out, for the most part ran smooth.

Pros

Different options for platforms to choose from.

Cons

Only can be downloaded app for Windows 10 or higher, so users could not download the app, and it can't be downloaded on an iPad or smartphone

Teachable

Reasons for Switching to TelemetryTV

Not sure, we tried them both out.
Fabien G.

Kbane Review

Reviewed on 2021/12/01

5 min was enough to my collegues to configure and display informations on a screen
There are some things to improve of course, but you have everything to make it the best solution

Pros

Modern design and clear, very easy to understand (not only made for an IT team), powerful widgets (Canva...), and already prepared Widgets with several parameters

Cons

I tested lot of software like this one. There are some things which can be added to be the best dynamic screen solution.
PDF widgets with Zoom + page choice
Powerpoint + page choice
Google Slide ... should be possible not to share in public (but with an account)
Read Excel or sheet file to show dynamic screen.
Exemple : timetable for a train, the plateform number could be changed by reading an sheet file
Other exemple : a list of anniversary in a excel file or a database to show the birthday of the collegues
Animation of items to make a page more dynamic...
....