SmartDeploy

Desktop management solution for IT teams

Jerome P.

SmartDeploy Evaluation

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Overall this tool has helped our Helpdesk immensely. Less time is spent on image-building and upkeep with this product.

Pros

Ease of use, Most Drivers updated automatically and the Imaging feature is very user-friendly. No need for additional software is a plus!

Cons

Would like to see more Built-in Reports.

Jeffrey B.
  • Industry: Higher Education

SmartDeploy on College Campus

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

SmartDeploy has been a very appreciated resource in my department. As I'm the only one that creates/manages the images for all of the college-owned machines, it has made that part of my job much easier and more streamlined. Although I have had minor issues with the software in the year that I've been using it, the issues have been severely outweighed by the benefits it has provided. I haven't gotten the chance to work with the networking team on setting up the connectivity necessary for using some of remote management features, but I do look forward to taking advantage of those. Overall it's been a solid experience with my only real gripe being a lack of true documentation. I know there are articles but I've found a good portion of them lacking in the information that I needed. The good; however, is that technical support has been timely in getting around to my questions and answering them for me.

Pros

Ease of capturing VMs and deploying images
Platform packs
user interface
image management and connectivity to the images after deployment

Cons

lack of documentation regarding differencing images
lack of documentation/training for folks newer to image creation/SmartDeploy software
Have had issues installing the SmartDeploy application on secondary machines in the past

Jim R.

Best imaging software out there.

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

My experience with SmartDeploy has been great.
If I have an issue which is rare and it's always ends up being my fault because I did something wrong or stupid ( hahaha) they have ALWAYS fixed any issue I have had very quickly.
I have never worked with better support on a product!!
I am always praising the support when I am trying to get our clients to buy the product or if I am demonstrating the software.

Pros

The ease of imaging computers makes my job so much easier, no hunting around for different drivers for each different manufacture we have.
One image for all of our computers makes it simple, fast and reliable.
I have some of our clients using it now due to me bragging about it constantly.

Cons

I have no cons that I can think of. That is rare with most software.

David M.

Good Platform

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

We are a MSP and deploy new PCs on a regular business. We tried several imaging methods and decided to go with Smart Deploy for its low cost and ease of use. We have greatly standardized our setups and in some instances, saved 6-8 hours of installing software.

Pros

Easy to use.
Greatly reduces new PC Setup times, sometimes by several hours.
Drives are included so we don't have to try and hunt them down.
Custom driver packs are easy to create for one off custom built PCs

Cons

Extra steps to activate Windows after the image (We don't have Enterprise licensing)
Requires LAN connection (I have heard Wireless is coming though)

Nagaraj B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Excellent Tool for Imaging

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Time spent of managing driver packs, images are considerably reduced after using SmartDeploy.

Pros

Driver Management, WDS Integration for PXE booting. Offline Media Creation.
Very simple and effective tool. I come from SCCM 2012 background and it literally took me just couple of hours to learn this tool. Applying the driver packages/WMI queries are all automated. Boot Image creation is simple and the NIC drivers are automatically added during the boot image creation.

Cons

Need to have a better license management by selected users from the organization rather than contacting SmartDeploy each time to manage the licenses.

Dave L.

Great product for smaller companies/tighter budgets

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Pros

SmartDeploy is super easy to setup, the pricing model makes sense and doesn't gouge you. The functions and features aren't hard to learn and I was able to implement Windows 10 to our desktops and laptops easily without too much frustration (typically user error). Overall it's a great product, especially when you have a small IT team/company and budget, but it will also scale very well with us.

Cons

The application packs are still a bit flimsy, meaning I could have two .exe's with the same arguments that work great in CMD prompt, but in the application pack I have to tweak the executable location or argument within SmartDeploy. After doing a handful of them, I know what to look for now but it was a little bit of a learning curve.

David J.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Easiest windows deployment ever

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Pros

SmartDeploy has made deploying windows to dis-similar hardware so much easier. The added features continue to improve this product.

Cons

I do not see any cons to this deployment solution.

Jason Y.
  • Industry: Banking

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

SmartDeploy is really user friendly, they provide activity wizards that take you step by step through the process from creating your golden image to deploying your to your first machine. I downloaded the trial software and deployed my first image about 4 hours later.

Cons

I'm having a small issue that I am working with their developer team to resolve. The software didn't support the naming convention of my domain. They are working to modify their software to work with my company's domain. I was told the functionality would be included in the next software update. Do not take this as a negative comment because this is no fault of SmartDeploy that my company named the domain in an unconventional manner. I just wanted to express that the SmartDeploy team recognized my needs and is trying to accommodate my company.

Roy O.

ease deployment by inverting image creation

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

we sell laptops to our customers, delivering software of their needs, smartdeploy helps us ease this, by premanufacturing images, and simplifying the process of preparing a computer for delivery

Pros

Smartdeploy is a deployment program easing deployment and integration process, by inverting the process, beginning in the image end, where you set up the golden image in a virtual environment, pack it up, download platform packs(driver packs)
and if you want, specific application packs you make yourself or premade

Cons

its nothing to not like about it :) it solves most problems hassle free

Amber G.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

SmartDeploy

Reviewed on 2019/03/14

My experience with SmartDeploy has been 100% positive. It has helped me in my job and has allowed me to image computers more effectively. I love that SmartDeploy can be used in any environment.

Pros

SmartDeploy is a must have. SmartDeploy has made imaging devices and upgrade a whole lot easier.

Cons

I have had no issues with using SmartDeploy.

Richard W.

Excellent Deployment Tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

We used an deployment system that was written in-house, but when it needed updating it was much easier to move forward with SmarDeploy. We've been using it for 12 months, and have re-imaged all of the computers on our LAN. It is literally faster for us to re-image a computer than to run Windows updates if there is a Win10 feature update required. We do update our reference images monthly.

Pros

It's actually easy to use! I was surprised that I was literally able to learn how to use this system in about 3 hours. Of course, there was a lot of fine tuning. I really like how the platform packs make it easy to support the models of laptops and desktops we purchase. The support has been excellent.

Cons

I have had some issues with client agents getting updated on about 20 of my 100 computers, but other than that I have no complaints.

Ed B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

works and very easy to learn and use

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

plug and go I create the USB drives and my fellow techs are out about building new workstations

Cons

the VM part was not easy to learn I am still at it

Will Y.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Best bang for your buck

amazing!!

Pros

ease of use
speed of imaging
ability to multitask

Cons

license management is a bit confusing, could be clearer

Danny B.

Overall a pretty solid product

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Pros

The console is easy and intuitive to use. Everything you need in one compact interface. The customer support is VERY responsive!

Cons

I've had several issues of errors stopping my console from running. It's hindered the performance of SmartDeploy off and on for the last year. To be fair, these issues may be specific to me and my environment but none-the-less it needs to be noted. (Again, the customer service is very helpful and responsive.)

Lou K.
  • Industry: Libraries

Efficiency meets innovation

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Our overall deployment has been cut down dramatically. The RTO is excellence, this software is a no brainer for us. I enjoy this much more than using Symantec Ghost.

Pros

Easy of use, all drivers are updated for us and included with every installation. Great support, as well as a marketing team that includes future update webinars (road maps). The new cloud management and deploy feature is handy for small remote locations.

Cons

I currently do not have a con to add to the list. However, I do have a wish list. I know they are working on or considering allowing the ability to deploy applications with this software. I'm excited for that feature to arrive.

Andriy N.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great tool to have around

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

We tried SmartDeploy three years ago and it turned out to be an invaluable tool. We had a group of 250 specialized, outside the domain computers that were migrating to a new OS version and SmartDeploy made this migration super easy. Before SmartDeploy, we used to maintain six computer images and we can't be happier to maintain only one now. Introducing new hardware into the mix is no longer an issue - just build your driver pack (or download prebuilt one) and start deploying!

Pros

Ease of use; great time saver for your image maintenance and deployments.

Cons

When SmartDeploy installation computer is sitting behind a proxy - it might have difficulties connecting to the internet to verify itself and get new updates.

Seth D.

SmartDeploy Saves Me Time

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

SmartDeploy has saved us a tremendous amount of time. Especially since our environment is obligated to apply security patches frequently it allows me to update the deployment image effectively and efficiently. It really is a great product supported by a great team.

Pros

The driver packs are put together for me.
The answer file creation is simple.

Cons

It has a learning curve but after that it is easy to use. We may be a little advanced in our needs as well.

Brian L.

Best Imaging Software ever used

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

Easy to use and configure. Love to the platform pack library. Cuts our imaging time down to a minimum

Cons

My only con is that it can be quite pricey. Even for a non profit pricing. I wish there was a way to buy the software out right and pay support.

Joe L.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Time Savings

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

SmartDeploy is a time saving product that I like a lot.

Pros

I like the time savings features of deploy an image with the software already loaded instead of manually installing everything.

Cons

I had some issues trying to capture some VM's once in awhile.

Charles N.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent Imaging Solution

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I have been using Smart Deploy for about a year now and it is so much more reliable for imaging then applications I have used in the past. Their Support is fantastic and they have added fantastic features to keep up with the ever-changing IT world.

Pros

Very easy to use and learn. The platform packs makes it very easy to obtain/update drivers.

Cons

Only cons are that it was very basic to start but they are adding more and more features everyday.

David D.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Smart Deploy Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

This software has helped us in deploying images to computers in a way that eliminates us from using the older os deployment and then having to add the driver software to the pc being that there are so many driver packs to download and incorporate into an image. Love the software.

Pros

I like the fact that I can build a customized image and be able to deploy it to what ever make and model pc we need to. We have various models of dell pcs and laptops and an image was tested on multiple pcs and worked with no issue. I'm also glad of the fact of being able to deploy an image through multiple ways such as thumb drive over the network or pxe connection which is all a great way to deploy with limited interaction.

Cons

The time that the software takes to create an image is long especially when you are applying multiple driver packs to an image.

Renny H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The last deployment software you'll ever need.

So far so good.

Pros

Smart Deploy has a clean interface and easy to use step by step process. No more capturing multiple images for different models of PC....Only need 1 golden image and just pick a driver package. I really like the cloud storage integration.

Cons

Not much I don't like about it...I'm sure I could nit pick something, but the engineers at Smart Deploy are always trying to reach further and make improvements. They keep us updated along the way via webinars and are very receptive to our feedback. They prioritize feature enhancements based on our feedback.

Zach H.

SmartDeploy makes imaging and re-deploying machines easier than ever

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Very good, would definitely recommend to other admins looking to deploy in a medium to large scale.

Pros

Ease of use - Walks you through the entire process with step by step guides
Support - Quick response with detailed answers
Upgrades - Large improvements and extra features added with no additional cost

Cons

Have not ran into issues in which support has not been able to assist.

Bradley T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Amazing Product! Makes my life easy!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

We have utilized SmartDeploy for some of our largest clients, making the imaging process an overall smooth experience. We look forward to working with SmartDeploy in the future as well!

Cons

None to list as of yet! I am new with the company and so far have experienced only great things with the company.

John M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Imaging made easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

SmartDeploy makes imaging new computers incredibly easy. Once your image is set up, which is the longest part, it's as simple as plugging in the bootable usb and turning on the computer. Most of the time I don't even attach a monitor because I know it's going to work. The interface is really easy to use and there are a lot of features. SmartDeploy has cut down on the time I spend installing the same programs on new computers.

Cons

I haven't had many problems with it. If you don't type everything in correctly in an answer file it can cause issues but that's more of a user error than a software issue.