Robert H.

Finally, Visio for Mac....but better!

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

I'm able to very quickly sketch ideas for software flow, software architecture, brainstorming and mind mapping, and construction.

Pros

Easy transition from Visio. More features, more templates, more filled libraries of parts. I have tried so many cheaper alternatives. I also tried lucidchart. Now, if I need to diagram something, I don't have to think about which software is better for what kind of drawing.

Cons

I dont like the non-mac normative interface. Its more like a microsoft office interface which I never liked. I have also had some problems getting connections to go where I want.

Matt J.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Intuitive and feature rich

Technical Process flow, HR org charts, illustrative docs for presentation

Pros

Easy to use and produce good looking quick results. Very flexible with great libraries. Love how quick it is to link items in diagrams with arrowed lines.

Cons

Could be a Mac thing, but ouse movement is hyper-sensitive at times. Needs a default setting configurator. Have not found this if it does exist

Lanre A.

Multi-purpose quality.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I use this software to bring mental mockup ideas into sketch and illustration without the need of a pencil and paper. However , the love triangle for me is the fact this tool can be used for way more. My mum uses this tool to design mockup fashion apparels and my dad uses this for designing basic architectural sketches. It is a family software for me.

Cons

I wish Edraw max would allow for integration with other software ; particularly a tool like Adobe in-vision.

Abiola A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best protyping tool I have used.

Reviewed on 2018/01/05

Pros

Easy to understand user interface which makes it easy for new comers to prototyping and process maps create process maps and mockups very easily.Thanks to the user interface ,which comes with short descriptions for all of the icons.
Also gives me the ability to export my mockups,sketches and maps into over 6+ formats.

Cons

I wish this tool will allow me work collaboratively with my colleagues at work. Such feature is currently unavailable with this software.

Edo M.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Mind mapping and diagram software that can make nice presentations

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

I'm using it as add-on with my office suite. User interface is fantastic and well known, options are always visible and accessible. User experience is at same level as Office user.
Used for diagrams, mind mapping, floor planing, info-graphic and slide design.

Pros

This software have user interface that is very similar to Office applications , so similar that someone can make a mistake about it. Also, that means that user interface is well known and every Office user can start using this software immediately. There are plenty of options for everyone needs. Rarely good software for making business presentations.

Cons

"Export to graphic format" is without options that are needed for available formats (as size, color depth and similar).

Martin I.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

I love it.

Reviewed on 2021/03/01

Pretty good, i live the program and its features, it have done a good job of making a overall easy and nice to use software.

Pros

I really like layout and all those free templates that are included that gives a really good idea what the software is capable of doing and bring new ideas to try out.

Its super easy to use and get started on working, if just having a average knowledge of how computers and normal writing softwares are working.

It makes beatifull final products without too much effort, thats perfect not having to worry about layout taking hours to get just OK looking, but within a hour in EdrawMax you have all content and layout just right. and spending a few more minutes at the end to tidy up really makes a stunning result

Cons

Free version is super limited and sad you can't make prints and test it out for real in those 14 days trial.

I'ts pretty expensive, though it have some good discount now and then, i feel like this software is more for companies and education rather than normal private persons.

I would like there to be some sort of cheap private option or even a Lite/personal version for cheap, so it can be used at home, i think theres good options for this being a good alternative to Word, excel, publisher

Yazi A.

Software that helped me save a lot of time

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

My classes have become more attractive to my students. A great facility for developing educational content

Pros

We take ownership of this software fairly quickly, rich and fluid.

Cons

export to word or to powerpoint is not perfect

Matthew W.

Comparisons with the obvious

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

I am incredibly happy with EdrawMax, it has surpassed my expectations and made my work easier, and in a couple of cases, an absolute joy to do.

Pros

I needed Visio, but we just did not have the money to splash on it - and then I found EdrawMax - and it did everything I needed from Visio - and more, much more.

Cons

The only thing that restricts me is the licensing model. I have multiple machines, across multiple OSs - I love that Edrawmax runs across all of them - don't love that I am restricted to just two machines.

John T.

Great alternative to

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Right now, EDRaw is the missing link for diagraming software. Other solutions (like MS Visio) feel 15yrs behind the times. I also really like EDraw's sister app "OrgCharting" and would love to see it receive some advancements with layout control.

Pros

Even though our team is very proficient with Illustrator, Excel and other similar software, EDraw is still our go-to for report presentation graphics.
The data features are especially helpful.

Cons

It would be nice to have a way to share community templates.

Connor G.

Great Product - MAX

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Pros

I am a company director (9 Companies and counting).

I use this product for All my companies, IT, Security, Construction, Marketing and a few others.

I have used this to organise the companies and how each can interact, as well as offering IT support and design, to Floor plans in construction and security (walkthroughs and Camera placements).

Cons

Would say there is a CON, does everything required.

David C.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Good all-around software

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Pros

The multi-function capabilities. It combines several tools I need into one.

Cons

The inability to deploy this on multiple computers that I own and the price.

Pradeep A.

EDrawMax

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall, I'm happy with this software. I've used this software in conjunction with Visio and I feel this software has more professional and rich look to the diagrams.

Pros

This software has a lot of functionality and many templates to choose from covering many categories. I like the fact that this software has lifetime license purchase option. There are also many options to customize the templates.

Cons

First, I don't like the fact that the updates are not as regular as they should be. There is a long (months) gap between updates. I wish they included MindMaster in EDrawMax software. After adding a template to a new project and if you are not careful and save the project as a different file then you could overwrite the template.

Mehdiraza V.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

An extremely misleading free trial which prevented me from buying the full version

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

It's bad, just plain bad for someone who wants to get a look before buying

Pros

If you have directly paid for the software, it's fine

Cons

I downloaded the trial version to get a glimpse and see if I can purchase the future version.

It's extremely pathetic how they have hidden 2 vital things from their website when the user first downloads it:

1. You can add 100 topics to a mind map. This is understandable, but it's never mentioned once on the website, they don't even have a pricing section where you can check for this, leaving someone with the belief that they are going to get unlimited usage

2. Since I use this for academic purposes, I saved my now 100 topic-full mind map but could not save it any format other than their proprietary format. So basically I wasted my 4+ hours creating 100 topics on this software because I can't use it anywhere else for the time being. I am extremely disappointed and do not recommend it to anyone unless they fix this

Allister F.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Layouts

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Very useful product, and Customer Service very helpful when switching licence to a new laptop

Pros

I have found it very good for reorganising office layouts and experimenting with flows

Cons

I probably don't use it enough to be able to comment, but have no particular comments

Mohamed M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Best for functionality and value

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Pros

It has templates that cover all my needs for a quick start.
Very simple and so easy to start using it without training.

Cons

I wish if the product allows creating custom shapes.

Remus S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Very useful!

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Pros

If you are a teacher and like to integrate IT into your work, then Edraw Max is simply the best of friends. There are many templates to help you out, all highly customizable. In a couple of minutes you can have the desired mind map, diagram, presentation, etc. And this is due to the loads of basic shapes, icons, symbols, clip art, backgrounds, or text boxes that you can drag and drop. What is also worth mentioning is that Edraw is easy to use and very intuitive! The software interface features a sober Microsoft's ribbon bar, which obviously brings familiarity, while the library objects are nice and colorful. And, not in the least, your work can be exported to various formats (pdf, jpeg, png, word, excel, etc.).

Cons

I haven't found any weaknesses so far. The price may seem a bit high but it's anyway much more acceptable than the one asked by famous competitors.

Barry B.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Easy to use if you're familiar with Microsoft Office; the mapping generation tools are superb

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Illustration of concepts and mapping processes in digestable formats.

Pros

Similar interface to Microsoft Office tools with lots of detailed editing choices, customisable tools, helpful keyboard shortcuts and a plethora of diagrams charts. Mind mapping and process mapping is what I care most about and the results are a feast. You can export the maps in a variery of formats and graphics and you can share them with non-users of Edraw.

Cons

Searching in Libraries is not accurately tuned as I see more irrelevant items come up than I'd wish.

Hervé S.

I use Edraw to design flowchart, map processes, design floor layout

Reviewed on 2018/01/30

This software enabled me to improve the presentation of some of our reports by using infographics

Pros

This sofware gives a lot of possibilities as it offers in a single platform a number of possibilities that it should take several softwares to meet

Cons

I find the choice in the different types of chart limited and I believe the software would benefit from a more robust reporting suite

Andrea M.
  • Industry: Printing

Edram Max

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

Creative better visual work flow processes.

Pros

The software was great especially because of items to add to create visuals with work flows. I use this and help my customer so they could implement their processes to align with our support.

Cons

There are no cons that I found within using this software.

Theresa S.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Floor Plan template

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

It is easy to use and transfers over to PDF - I'd like it transfer over in same size. It would be nice to be able to save certain designs to cut and paste to other files.

Pros

The floor plan template and office floor plan-

Cons

It doesn't have dimensions (need inches) on preassigned furniture plan ie.e two seats, cubicle, cubicle 2 - so you have no idea whether it will fit or not. I always to have design separately to get exact dimension.

• Industry: Research
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A powerful software that can do plenty of charts and infographics, and so more

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Pros

If you're looking to an alternative to design beautiful charts for your presentation or simply having something different from the other publisher, EDraw Max is a pretty alternative. With its huge library of components, you will be able to publish every drawing with a substential difference comparing to the others. Good ration between the price and the quality.

Cons

A few spending times to masterize the software and finding where the options are hidden.

Chip M.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Much easier than Adobe at a percentage of the cost!!

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Easy easy easy and inexpensive!!

Pros

Much more user intuitive than Adobe and produces just as good graphics without all the hassle of Illustrator!!

Cons

We have not found any Cons at this point of using the software. It has a few nuances but nothing that worth mentioning.

Caylin T.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

I found this product to be better than Microsoft Visio, which I used primarily in daily job...

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

I found that it was easier to use and more professional looking end product compared to Microsoft Visio.

Pros

I really enjoyed the pre built templates and the selection that comes with it. I like how easy it is to change and adapt them to what I need them for. I also like how professional the end product turns out, even for an amateur.

Cons

The most difficult thing about this software is the learning curve that comes with it. When I first started to use the product, I found the layout and lack of guidance to be very frustrating. Once I started to use it, I did become more familiar.

Sabu K.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

One of the best apps

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

It’s a wonderful application and saved me lots of time to cop with my routine works

Pros

Ease of use the most attractive about the EdrawMax

Cons

When export to MS Visio format some alignment are lost

Sudipta S.

Pathetic Sales and Post-Sales Support

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

Pathetic experience

Pros

While the Software is good...There is no Sales and Post-Sales support even for a paid customer like us. We have not been able to use the full version even after taking a yearly subscription...Paid upfront.

Cons

No Sales, or Post Sales Support. When I try to contact support, there is no response. The emails are just bouncing. There is no Contact centre as well to speak to any human being from the company side.