17hats

The Premier Small Business Management Platform

Jessica
Jessica

I LOVE 17Hats!! I have always used it and will continue to do so.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

My favorite thing about 17 Hats is that it takes all of the things associated with a client project and keeps it all together in one place. That's HUGE. Plus I can embed my lead capture forms right on my website so everything just populates in my contact's info. Amazing.

Cons

I would say the only thing they could improve upon is to integrate Quickbooks self employed and iCal. But I think those are difficult due to the issues with integration within the other software programs.

Angela
Angela

17Hats has helped me run 4 businesses at once!!

Reviewed on 2018/07/23

The software allows really any business to capture leads, create quotes, contracts and invoices (along with payment plans) and collect payments. It is very simple to use and you can run several different businesses within the platform without additional cost. They add new functions quite often and have amazing customer service.

Pros

I started with 17Hats when they were fairly new and I haven't been disappointed. The cost for the software is excellent especially since I can run as many different businesses with different names and accounts etc as I want. I love that they added a client portal as I was almost going to switch to something that did. Document creation is very easy as well as having clients pay through the portal electronically. I have recommended this for many people as it really is geared for many different types of businesses.

Cons

Sometimes it can run a bit slow - but that is very infrequently now. I would like for the client portal to be more than just a viewing area for clients. It does seem that the more businesses you have on here, it takes a little longer to load. But overall none of these are deal breakers!

Erin
  • Industry: Executive Office

A client relationship management system - not my first choice

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

It keeps relationships with clients, but it's not my favorite CRM.

It keeps relationships with clients, but it's not my favorite CRM.

Pros

There are a few things that I do like about 17hats. Once I figured out the lifecycle aspect, it made sense. It really kept us on track for ensuring that the workflow gets started and completed.

Cons

The base date versus the project date is so CONFUSING.

I don't like that the link is at the BOTTOM of the email. More chances for it to miss.

We're constantly having to go in and out of workflows, emails/templates and back and forth to make all the changes. it doesn't seem to make sense, where if there's an email we want to edit within the workflow, why can't we edit it within there. and have the change apply universally.

Maija
Maija
  • Industry: Photography

I like it, but I'm not in love.

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

I've found that customer service is overall pretty good. I'm surprised that people have said it's not great. I've always gotten ahold of real people. I do feel that this software is still being built up and they are constantly making improvements. I'm hoping they read these reviews to have more direction on where to take it next! Overall I find that for the cost of the service, I'm receiving a quality product.

Pros

It's a great organizational tool. I love the bookkeeping integration. I'm able to print a P&L report at tax time and hand it over to my accountant. I also like that I'm able to send questionnaires, contracts, and invoices to clients as well as automate much of my communications to individual clients. It makes me look a lot more organized than I am and I've had multiple clients remark at how personal each of my communications feel!

Cons

It does not have a booking integration and so now I'm purchasing a separate app for that. I also would love to be able to integrate Mail Chimp with this or even have a similar feature within this system.

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

17hats helps organize and systemize

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

The implementation team was so helpful and showed us how to continue to build on the basics so that we can really use it to it's full potential. Our private tour business has grown becasue of 17hats.

Pros

This tool really helps create a simple and cohesive process for all of your quotes. You can easily build templates for every service and email and quote. It has been a time saver and it has allowed us to work better as a team to satisfy all requests because it creats transparency for us all. We always know what the other has quoted or said. The bookeeping tool is also a timesaver!

Cons

It would be great to be able to use this as a bit of a marketing tool to send blast information to all contacts.

• Industry: Entertainment

Life saver!

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

My business deals with special events and the workflows for each event help me keep track of where they are in the process which saves me a lot of guess work. Being able to create workflows and automate my job lets me focus more on growing my business.

Pros

17hats is a quality CRM system that I use daily to keep my business running smoothly. I use all features which includes bookkeeping, lead management, projects, invoicing and contracts. With the CRM keeping all my client's details in one spot, I can easily find any information on that project with a click of a button.

Cons

I feel that the app version needs to be updated. The mobile version offers several features that the app is not set up yet to tackle.

Aaron
Aaron
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great for Freelancers

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

I have been using 17 hats for over 3 years now and have found it the perfect invoicing and communication service for my business. It has made life so much easier with the ability to send automatic invoices and emails to clients.

Pros

I really find this a very useful program. Easy to use. Easy for clients to understand how to pay. I like being able to submit contracts, proposals, and invoices. Great for integrating contact forms on my website.

Cons

Front time to time, have issues with the payments syncing.

Suzanne
Suzanne
  • Industry: Photography

17 Hats has streamlined my workflow!

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

Overall, it’s a great business management software program.

Overall, it’s a great business management software program.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and that I can set up lead magnet forms that import contacts straight into my workflow.

Cons

I feel like the cost is a tad expensive. It has increased a good amount since I joined. To add a second brand for my business, my monthly bill would more than double. That being said, my current plan isn’t even offered anymore. I’ve been ‘grandfathered’ in.

17hats

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

The business problem solved is that it does invoicing, it does contracts, and sends reminder emails.

Pros

I can not say enough good things about this software. It has simplified my business so much. It is very useful for invoicing, contracts signatures, and bookkeeping.

Cons

I do not have any cons at all!! So glad this is available and affordable.

Nadine
Nadine

A great tool for the independent contractor

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

I love that I can easily set up recurring invoices and notifications. Creating invoices, calendars and work flows is fairly easy to set up too.

Cons

The main negative for me is that I cannot set my recurring invoices to auto pay. If the client was automatically charged for their recurring invoices, it would save me so much time!

Jane

Its a good product that would be amazing with a few changes.

Reviewed on 2023/01/14

We have used it for 7-8 months now and we are still working to get it fully set up - if I was a new company and only had to start from scratch it would be much easier but it is harder when dealing with an established company and you are trying to work through tutorials and keep a company going! I would have loved some more 1-2-1 support with a call and them helping you set systems up.

Pros

How it can manage most elements of your business in one reasonably priced product. the customer services team are helpful but there is no real hands on help.I love that you can have multiple people using the system and can have bookings for everyone which was an issues with lots of other competitores.

Cons

There is some element of duplication that is annoying. Linking email and calendars to the service is fiddly unless you exclusively use Gmail.

Danielle
Danielle

17hats is an all in one system that lacks a few integral things

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

Overall it's worth it to have emails and client documents in one system. It's easy enough for the clients to use too. It's pretty slick but I don't feel like it's truly an all-in-one system. If it had a built in scheduler or worked with Acuity, plus was more like Xero for financials, I'd be happy!

Pros

I love how easy it is to send an agreement, questionnaire, and invoice to a new client. Everyone raves at how much they love my clients systems because it's so easy to use. It makes booking in new clients a breeze.

Cons

17hats falls short on the bookeeping and financials. I find it's not robust enough to really even help me keep track of my money. I end up having to use outside financial systems like Xero or GoDaddy Outright because of this. The added expense isn't fun.

Shamika
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Okay

Reviewed on 2023/02/22

It was a good start for my business.

It was a good start for my business.

Pros

It had a good tracking for when documents were sent to clients.

Cons

The payment integration cost more and since it’s an essential feature, it is a steep cost. Especially when we already pay the payment managers merchant fees as well. Also, the software doesn’t offer inventory management, which is why I left.

Tina
Tina
  • Industry: Executive Office

I've been using 17hats for about a year now and it has been fantastic.

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

It helps me run my business seamlessly and allows me the opportunity to provide a high level of customer service to my clients.

Pros

I like all the add on's that they have for use like the templates, the ability for customers to simply click one time to pay their invoice once it's emailed. There are so many features that make this platform amazing!

Cons

I wish that there was more integration with other platforms, like Hubspot for CRM or SalesForce, just because 17hats is not as robust in that regard. I wish that you could use multiple timers at one time, because I am constantly working for multiple clients back and forth throughout each day. Sometimes it also seems that there is a delay in how fast the platform processes data. I can click on a project and it will take up to 6 seconds for it to recognize that, and it's not a computer error either, as I checked.

17Hats - Not just for photographers!

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

17Hats is fantastic and I use it everyday to manage my business. it allows me to see an overview of what needs to be done for each client. On the invoice/payment side it help automate the process of sending invoices and collecting payments. It was originally design for free lance photographers, but is very useful for any type of freelance business.

Pros

17Hats is a great all-in-one client management system that is easy to use and implement in your business.

Cons

I would like more options on recurring invoicing.

Vicki

17Hats has really helped me keep my client information organized

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

17hats has really helped me stay organized!

17hats has really helped me stay organized!

Pros

I love the email templates, it's much easier than copy/paste, especially when personalizing the text. I also love the quote/invoice system, it keeps me from having to send 5-6 additional emails for every client. The questionnaire templates are really important to me too, it's easy to build and easy for clients to fill out. I like the bookkeeping function; it keeps track of when I receive payments so I don't have to worry about that. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

I wish it had more options for type of contact, or that I could customize the labels. I have more types of contact than the 4 that are available.

Yoneco

A true time-saver.

Reviewed on 2017/02/15

Using 17Hats simplifies so much of my business ' contract management, lead tracking, invoicing. I can do all of that and more (to-do lists, email tracking, bookkeeping, calendar synching, etc.) all through one system.

The internal dashboard is easy to navigate and they've made it easy to integrate with other platforms, like PayPal, Stripe, Square, and Google. There are also templates for everything ' contracts, payment reminders, etc. ' to get you started. Or you can create your own text and save it as a new template.

The bookkeeping option links to your accounts ' bank and credit card ' so you can easily sync transactions; and there's a time tracker.

My favorite features, however are the contract and invoice management. First, no more emailing contracts back and forth for signatures or using a third-party service. 17Hats has built-in signature ability. I can send a quote (with multiple options for the client to choose from) and, once accepted, auto-send the invoice that goes with it. If it's not accepted, easily schedule follow-ups and lead check-ins.

The only cons for me are:

The limits to file sharing and lack of a client portal. It's a 'business management' system with some project management features. It's not a true project management software like Asana.

The dashboard is easy to navigate but does show a lot of info that I don't always need (like my local temperature). You get used to it, but something more minimal would be great.

Kimberly
Kimberly

Don't Pay for This Annual Service

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Nice folks answer questions, but they've just missed the bar on so much.

Nice folks answer questions, but they've just missed the bar on so much.

Pros

I like that they attempted to put everything all in one place and make life easier for an entrepreneur.

Cons

The site itself is cumbersome. Finding what you should be working on, seeing all your projects at a glance, moving around is frustrating. The invoices don't come with an automatic reminder feature that you can just "click" on...way too much setup for a subpar product. This is definitely one made for people who are NEW to business and business software. So many more SAAS products out there doing a better job.

How do you now have recurring revenue as a feature? That's fundamental. So then you're chasing people for invoices to be paid. No one wants that.

Also, they make you pay for a full year. And refuse to honor if you are slightly outside of the 30-day refund window. And now they have your money for 11 more months. Not a good customer service model.

• Industry: Events Services

I use this software to manage my event planning and association management business.

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

It makes the proposal and contract phases of my business much easier. It also automatically invoices my clients when their invoices are due and divides a contract quote up into monthly payments or however I'd like them to be divided.

Pros

I like building contracts and invoices and allowing my clients to accept and sign electronically. I also like that I can accept credit cards through the software without a monthly fee, utilizing Stripe. I also like that I can sync my calendar and see everything as well as add custom calendar events that are only visible in 17 hats that are more CEO/Strategic Planning activities.

Cons

I don't like that you have to add a price to each item in a quote and that it is visible to the client. I prefer to list all my services and give the client a bottom line price. And for some, they pay me a monthly retainer. I would like to be able to edit or hide that feature. I also think it is sometimes hard to navigate.

A good software for smaller 1-person agencies

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

The tech support I've received has been solid. I like the software and I'm going to continue using it for now.

Pros

Quoting is fantastic. I can send a quote out with the contract and a payment schedule attached. When the person accepts the quote, they then get sent the contract. After that they are shown the payment schedule.

Building a quote is equally great because I can offer three sections. First section: the required items of the quote. Second section: Choose one of the options. Third section: Choose any of the options.

This has been very helpful for website design where I put the website design in the first section, me hosting or them hosting in the second section, and add-ons like maintenance, SEM, e-Commerce, and more in the third section.

Cons

Customers can't setup automatic payments for recurring invoices.

I should have moved to this years ago

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Pros

This has just streamlined my business and finances. I can let 17 hats do the heavy lifting and allow my book keeper to maintain and I can get on with the business of my business.

Cons

The billing system seriously needs an overhall. To be able to have auto billing would be a godsend. That still needs work

Graham
Graham
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Brilliant Software with so much to offer!

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

This does my accounting mainly and is also a source of inspiration for contracts and templates. There is a marketplace where you can review and purchase additional templates of all sorts for various industries.
Well worth the money.

Pros

The automation of follow up invoicing is brilliant.
This software does so much more than just accounting for your financials.
It is accounting, a CRM, email, contracts, and much more.
Tutorials, webinars and online help.

Cons

Like anything that completes multiple tasks, it is quite complex once you start digging.
Has great multipurpose functionality, but you need to spend the time in it to make it work to its maximum capacity for you.

Felipe
Felipe
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

I have been using 17Hats for years!

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

This is hands down one of the best pieces of software I use. My business couldn't run without it! All my projects are kept in line, workflows, bookkeeping, and more. Fantastic investment and well worth the money with all of the improvements they are constantly making.

Cons

The one thing I wish they did was make it so that clients could easily share files and documents back and forth through the software with me.

Sasha-Shae
Sasha-Shae
  • Industry: Design

Good CRM with Outdated Interface

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Overall it's a good software. Has a heavy focus on photographers though

Overall it's a good software. Has a heavy focus on photographers though

Pros

Loved the workflow for creating quotes/proposals to contracts and then invoices. Made it really easy to get all those things squared away in one go. Love that we can create custom templates for mails, contracts, etc.

Cons

Didn't like the interface, found certain things tedious to do, like creating email templates or creating the proposals etc.

Marc
  • Industry: Photography

Great tool for small business owners

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

It's a great tool with great support and a team that is constantly improving. The community is also super helpful.

Pros

I love that this software provides the tools to effectively run a small business, but helps you look professional in the process. It's super awesome and works for a number of genres.

Cons

I didn't like that it wasnt as specialized for photographers as I needed. A few additional features would have been awesome, but overall I recommend the product all the time.