1 029 reviews

Kahoot!

Game-based learning platform with presentation capabilities

4,6
4,6
1 029 reviews
Russell P.
Company size: Self Employed

Students love Kahoot! Teachers love Kahoot!

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Creating engaging and exciting assessments for students so that I can check for understanding on key concepts.

Pros

Kahoot is a brilliant creation! If you teach in a one-to-one setting or have access to devices, you need to consider using Kahoot right away! Basically, it's a student assessment tool, but you it's a game-like setting, which makes it fun for the students. Here's why I love it:
- First off, students love playing it! The friendly competition is engaging and they are always excited to share what they know in this game.
- It's so easy to set up for teachers. You can create your own Kahoot question sets in a matter of minutes. In maybe 10 minutes you can create a fun, 10-20 question quiz game for your kids. Quick and easy!
- You have the ability to obtain data on your kids! After the Kahoot, you know what your students do or don't know. And then you can use this data to reteach concepts they're struggling with.
- They offer an online library where you can use other question sets created by other teachers. That's extremely handy! Just review what's been created beforehand to make sure it's appropriate for you kids.
- It's always been reliable and worked. I can't say the same for other edtech tools that I consistently use. Kahoot's website just always works!
- They recently offered a team mode which challenges students to collaborate on quizzes. This is a cool update, and I expect to see Kahoot to continue to be cutting edge with their product.
- It's simple to get students "logged in." All that's required is for them to type in a link, enter a number, and add name.

Cons

I am a big fan of Kahoot, so I have nothing to complain about. I would just recommend users to use it wisely. If you want extremely reliable data with little error, you may want to choose another platform. Kahoot encourages students to think and answer quickly, and they may lead them to occasionally select the wrong answer by accident or because of the time feature. You obviously wouldn't use this for a unit test. Similarly, you probably wouldn't use this to pinpoint gaps for individual students. But it is helpful in getting a big picture of gaps of knowledge or trends, if that makes sense. This is also isn't the best tool for tracking data over a long period of time - this is a tool for quick assessments or check-ups. That's not a complaint about Kahoot, just an encouragement for you to use it appropriately!

Kahoot Explored

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

Kahoot has brought listener response to the next level as users are hooked with its interactive display and game mode setting. Users and administrators love it because it gives instant feedback from listeners.

Pros

Kahoot is a highly interactive way to assess knowledge using a game format. It brings out excitement with its users as the users feel they are playing a game rather than reviewing essential material. It is very easy to use, and allows the users to get immediate responses and feedback from their intended audience. The software allows the user to build a question and offer four possible answers. the user can assign a certain amount of time to each question. Students, or users get to earn points based on their correct answers and the speed at which they answered it.

Cons

There is not o function to measure open response questions. The software is limited to only multiple choice or true and false. Also, sometimes those interacting with it aim for speed over right answers.

Industry: International Affairs
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A fun way to make quizes for the class

Reviewed on 2021/01/04

I think this tool has helped a lot in the learning process of many courses.

Pros

This tool is dynamic and fun, the image and the song are very friendly to the users.

Cons

I think one unlikely feature is that you cannot change your answer once you chose an option. And also the question doesn't appear on the students' screen.

Joshua M.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Fun, Engaging Learning Tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/14

Kahoot! is a nice product that helps keep learners engaged. I wouldn't say--in my own personal opinion, of course--that it is the best tool of its kind out there, but they definitely were pioneers in this field and deserve your attention. It's more than worth a look, but be sure to check out other options as well, if for no other reason that to have multiple tools in your belt. Variety is always nice!

Pros

The obvious best feature of Kahoot! is how it gamifies learning. Just by adding a timer and points, players are more engaged and focused on learning the content and showcasing understanding. The ability to search user-created Kahoot!s (quizzes, polls, etc.) is incredible. I don't have to spend time creating all of my games, I can instead search by keyword to see if a user has already create a relevant game that I can utilize. Games made by Kahoot! staff or certified experts are especially useful, making it easier to find a "professional" game that is age appropriate and of high-quality.

Cons

Game creation is pretty straightforward, but it can be confusing at first. More visible or accessible training would be appreciated for new users. Also, it would be nice if "student" users had the ability to share their Kahoot! with others. My students make some awesome games sometimes, but they can't share them with me so I can run them live in front of my class. Als, it's petty, but I miss when I wasn't getting constant offers to upgrade to paid versions. The free version is amazing and comes with more than enough features to work with. I don't fault the developers for trying to increase their profit, but the constant advertisements make navigating the site irritating at times.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Lael A.
Industry: Broadcast Media
Company size: Self Employed

Great for trivia and other stuff like that.

Reviewed on 2020/10/04

It was a decent app it is popular but it has a lot of flaws

Pros

It is real time so no lag and problems like that.

Cons

Kahoot has a lack of features and the person who setups up the game has to show their screen to others for the answer options. It is also very vulnerable of spam and attacks like spam bots, answer cheats and other things. the security could be better.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

David F.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Kahoot! Fundamental in all classrooms

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Today it would be unthinkable to teach without Kahoot's help! and the application became the center of all my teaching activity. In fact, in recent years, I believe that there has been a real revolution in the way we teach and learn, thanks to these types of applications that have brought the game into the classroom. With these tools, students today learn much more and more quickly!

Pros

I use Kahoot! for a long time and the application quickly became essential in my classes, mainly because my students find it fantastic and are always waiting to participate in another game. With its use, learning has become much more fluid, simple and efficient. Almost all students learn much more quickly if we use Kahoot !, while greatly reducing bad behavior and inattention in class. Kahoot! it can also be used in e-learning which is an added advantage in these times when we can be teaching from home.

Cons

Compared to other applications, Kahoot! it can have the defect that all students are taking the same quiz with the same questions at the same time, since the questions are asked on the projector screen. However, this fact also allows for greater competitiveness and student involvement.

Florian L.
Industry: Media Production
Company size: Self Employed

The highlight of every class

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

While students feel like they are playing a game and compete with each other, Kahoot! brings great benefits for teachers as well. They can see which topics their students have already grasped and which topics they still struggle with. Since it’s anyonymous, it provides much better feedback than direct conversation. It’s great fun for everyone and the highlight of every class.

Pros

Kahoot! makes learning something feel like playing a game. Almost everyone can take part – given that they have a device and a stable internet connection, which might be a challenge in settings like large conferences. The UI is simple, friendly and fun. Question types range from simply yes/no questions to more complicated ones, where both questions and answers can be based on images. The latter one is very useful in a mathematical context. All in all, there is almost no scenario of classrom interaction that couldn’t be replicated with Kahoot!

Cons

There used to be one major issue that I had with Kahoot! It was that every player was able choose their own name. Depending on how mature the audience was, there were people who regularly saw this as an opportunity to troll and offend everyone by injecting slurs and insults. Kahoot! has responded to this issue and started to offer a nickname generator which automatically produces friendly names for everyone. I think that’s a great move and it should be the default setting for every game.

Andrew C.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Kahoot! Making Learning a game show!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Students can be assessed for/as learning through Kahoot! in a fun way, they can use their own device through the Kahoot! app to enter their responses. Kahoot! should be part of any iPad/Desktop image for School Boards.

Pros

This software allows me to easily engage my students through a multiple choice questions delivered in a game show ambiance. I use it on my classroom's Smartboard and students from grade 9 to 12 love it. They often enquire on when the next Kahoot! will be. Being able to integrate images and videos really brings the questions to life. I love that I am able to search for content created by other professionals and duplicate/modify it, a real time saver.

Cons

Some of the organisational aspects of the Kahoot web site is reserved to paying customers although the student experience isn't limited by the free version. I wish there was a way of rating the Kahoots created by others as sometimes the quality of the created content can be off. You have to verify the content before using it with your students. Like all software that points to YouTube videos, sometimes the links can be dead.

I would love to see a greater variety of game modes that recycle the question bank. I would also like to see an option to evaluate students in a more formal style through the software.

Gabriela R.
Industry: Food Production

Kahoot!

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

My overall experience with Kahoot is always amazing! Everytime I use it I always do better on my exams, which improves my overall grade in the class! I highly recommend Kahoot and I will continue to use this software.

Pros

A feature that I love about Kahoot is that not everything has to be a competition, this software can be broken down into groups, which is super helpful. This software is really easy to use and I also love that my grades has been improving with this because my professor uses Kahoot to review before an exam, which helps me do better during the exams! I absolutely love this so much!

Cons

One feature I hope to improve in the future is that Kahoot needs Wifi in order to participate, but all schools usually have Wifi so It does not bother me at all. Also, it is understandable that this sotware needs wifi. I still love using this and always recommend this to all my professors when using a software to review exams.

Heather A.

Kahootit is a hit!

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

There is really nothing negative I can say about this product. It’s free. You do not have to join in order to use all of the different games that are on there all of the different study review that. I’ve even been able to create my own and upload things from. I just filled in here I just think it’s a great overall experience for both the teacher and the student.

Pros

I truly do love using this website because it’s so easy to use in the classroom. Not only is it easy, but the children seem to enjoy it I have used it from grade kindergarten all the way up to Grade 12. It is very user-friendly for the teacher as well as the students in the classroom. Are used it to review before 10. The kids like the game a fact that they can play in of the classic way individually or they could play as a team. I find it it’s extremely usual and use it at least once a week.

Jennifer M.

Kahoot It For Competitive Students

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

Kahoot is great for students that are very competitive. They get to "race" their friends to show who can share the content the quickest

Pros

I started using Kahoot 4 years ago. At the time, it did not have the individual Kahoot option it does now. Because of the individual option it now offers, I have been able to use it even though we have 6 foot social distancing in our classroom. Students LOVE when they get to do it with a group.

Cons

My only negative is that as soon as a student "wins" the Kahoot, the game is over. For my students that work slowly, this high paced game never allows them to fully review the material. I wish that I could pay a one time fee instead of having to renew every year.

Mark a. H.

Kahoot Rocks the Classroom

Reviewed on 2020/02/20

Kahoot is a game changer for assessment in the classroom. I now can see what students have learned, but sometimes more so I can see what I didn't teach. Accountability for the students, but also for me....very powerful!!!

Pros

-student engagement is almost guaranteed
-immediate authentic assessment of student learning
-can be used as assessment FOR learning
-sharing of games with multiple educators

Cons

-paying for the upgrades...but folks do have a business to run
-reports are not as flexible as I would like. I would like to see actual names with the usernames
-can't deliver by google classroom or interface with the grade book
-questions can't be randomized in the free version

Heather B.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Kids LOVE it

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/06/26

Kahoot! is an engaging website. With a few tweaks to make questions easier to write and allowing the questions on individual screens, I would use this weekly as opposed to monthly.

Pros

Kahoot allows users to all login and play a game simultaneously. There is a host who presents the questions and the multiple choice answers. In a live feed, players answer and immediately know if they answered correctly or not. They earn more points based on how fast they answered a question correctly. It generates a top 5 and top 3 leaderboard between questions. Students love to try and beat their friends and get on the leaderboard.

Cons

It takes A LONG time to create your own game. There is a library of premade games that you can use quickly. The players don't have the questions or answers on their screen only the host does. The simply have the ABCD buttons. If they can't read the host screen this becomes a problem.

Dita R.

Get your game on!

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Pros

I am so happy with Kahoot! I've been using this program for nearly 7 years! It has changed quite a bit and I'm happy to say the changes have been amazing! I have used this for Thanksgiving Grandparents Day to entertain grandparents as well as many, many uses in my classroom. I've used it to review material, teach material, test student knowledge, and even reteach material that needs additional instructional time.

Cons

I wish there was an option to give the teacher the name of the student taking the Kahoo but without displaying their actual name. For example, I love the nickname feature but when I print the report, the actual name of the student isn't listed. This would make using Kahoots for participation grades much easier.

Crystal G.

Too fun

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Pros

Students love to use their devices. Easy to create quick reviews, quizzes, practices it just fun exploration practices. Individual or team challenges are allowed. Collaborative nature allows for group fun. Company offers easy and accessible online training/certification.

Cons

The earlier kinks in the system have been worked out. The app is great as are the additional function.ms. The ability of teachers within the same school to join forces is genius.

Kristen L.

Engaging Learning and Assessment Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall, this is a fabulous product. I use it at least weekly with my students, whether learning virtually or in person. Easy and fun for staff and students alike, and there's a great database of pre-made Kahoots available!

Pros

Students love it. Kahoot creates interactive learning experiences for students and staff. Visuals, videos, GIFs, and more can be inserted. Students can play together as a class, and Kahoots can also be sent to individual students to complete on their own time. Students enjoy creating fun usernames. There is a feature that allows the creator of the Kahoot to add lessons for learning, which is fabulous. I highly recommend.

Cons

The music can be a bit annoying, but there is an option to turn it down, mute, or change the music. I also would prefer if answers could appear on student devices rather than the color of the box that the answer is displayed in on the screen. This can make it difficult for students with disabilities.

Ben D.

An extremely easy and fun way to learn or teach.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Quick and easy learning and a great study tool.

Pros

I love Kahoot. I've been using it forever, and for a good reason. Kahoot has always been great study tool. Quick thinking comes into play in this game. You compete against classmates and try to win by getting the most questions correct. It's great because people never get bored, and thats thanks to its competitiveness. Kahoot is an easy and fun way to learn or teach others without boring them to death. I would recommend and encourage everyone to use it.

Cons

There's not much wrong with Kahoot. The only negative aspect I can think of is that it does take some time to set up. You have to make all the questions and all the possible answers for that question. In terms of actually playing it, theres nothing wrong with it.

Virtual Learning

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Overall, this is a great resource! I would highly recommend it for any classroom. It is easy to convert to virtual learning as students play on their own computers or devices anyways. Just send them the code, and they can join your game/quiz.

Pros

This software is great for E-learning! (It also is wonderful for full classroom learning.) It is a great way to engage students in a fun, game-like activity while reviewing any subject matter. Teachers can create their own quizzes or choose from a variety of pre-made quizzes in every subject-area. There is so much available to choose from! I often find exactly what I need without having to make my own. Students love it, too! It is one of the highlights of our week.

Cons

It can take a little training on how to use it for your students. Like anything, you will need to show them how to use it. Once they get it, it is pretty easy to duplicate the next time.

Industry: Computer Software
Company size: Self Employed

A useful app for studying with classmates

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Pros

I like the user experience of this app very much, it is very simple and easy to use. I thought it was smart not only having four different colors to choose from but also four different shapes since there may be some people who are colorblind using this application. I also like that it makes studying and learning enjoyable through a points system which not only benefit top players but also players who get the answer wrong have a chance to see where they're at and record the correct answer for future reference.

Oh yeah, and the catchy music is great too.

Cons

There are rare occasions when using the app on a smartphone, clicking on the answer block does not register as quickly compared to using it on a desktop on the same network.

Industry: Higher Education

Kahoot! - A welcome break

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

I would recommend Kahoot! to any educator (for students above a certain age as the students need phones/computers/internet) as it is useful for keeping students engaged and quickly assessing recent material. Quizzes can be made easily and quickly, making Kahoot! both fun and convenient to use.

Pros

Kahoot! is a great tool that can be used when teaching students. I have found that it helps to keep students engaged, and to raise energy levels when students are tired. It simply helps to keep a classroom involved. You are unable to ask really tough questions, but are tied to simple multiple choice questions. I would never use it as anything other than a pick-me-up or for participation grades. It is also useful to quickly review material you have recently covered.

Cons

One thing to be careful of is students can make their usernames anything, so be wary or inappropriate names popping up on the screen. You are meant to display the question screen on a projector at the front of the room, and names will show up on it. The questions you can ask are limited to high level multiple choice.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Josanah M.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Kahoot for the win

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Ease of use, and options for making custom kahoots is awesome. I use daily in the classroom and the kids love it, helps them get engaged.

Pros

I use kahoot daily in the classroom, and the kids love it! I have a child in a wheelchair that cannot participate in all activities, but can definitely do the kahoots and loves them. They are easy to use and easy to make.

Cons

I dont like how the ad pops up to get a paid subscription everytime I login, but as far as the actual software goes, there isn't really anything i do not like.

David S.

Great Tool for Engagement and Checking for Understanding

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

I found Kahoot to be invaluable when working on a lesson or quizzing students on the materiel.

Pros

I loved how the software allowed me to quickly and easily gauge the understanding of my students when we played Kahoot. It was so much fun and effective at getting the students engaged in the lesson. Kahoot enabled me to constantly reward my students for doing their work well. It was also great to have pre-made Kahoots for when substitutes came into class.

Cons

The software sometime took a few minutes to start up and students’ names would get mixed up sometimes. But with constant use and experience these issues will be handled quickly.

Francisco M.
Industry: E-Learning

Great product for team-building activities!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/20

We used it for team-building activities. If you want an app that can create quizzes pretty fast and not lose 1 whole day to get it up and running, this is the way to go

Pros

The best thing of this product is HOW EASY it is to set up compare to any other similar prodcut.

Cons

There are too few customization options, they are very limited. Other apps have more customization, but they are a bit more difficult to set-up.

Md A.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Kahoot the way to make learning fun

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

Overall Kahoot is excellent at making people want to learn.It has catchy music and a leaderboard that encourages friendly competition.When Kahoot is loaded up everyone wants to learn in order to get that elusive number one placement.

Pros

Kahoot is fun and engaging with fun music a leaderboard which encourages competition to try to be the best.There can be teams and solo so you can play to your liking.There is a timer on each question that gets asked so someone cannot hold up a whole classroom. Kahoot is like a game you play in your spare times its very fun and thats what makes it appealing.

Cons

The software sometimes glitches you it can auto click and answer for you.It sometimes does not register a click resulting in time expiring and the question being marked wrong.

Diane B.
Industry: E-Learning

Kahoot in a middle school classroom

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/10/30

I am a teacher with no budget, except my own $, and little time to experiment in the school year. I have a tech background of 15 years as a developer, so I can figure things out quickly. When I can't figure them out quickly, I move on. There are a lot of good, free tools out there. My major complaint with Kahoot was the students can't see the questions on their screen, and so they often click on the wrong color when answering. I have a range of cognitive abilities in my public school, and having the question and answers on the screen allows students to stay with the work.

Pros

I liked Kahoot initially because it was a fast-paced way to start class. Students loved the competitive nature of the game and the leaderboard. The music was fun too. It used to be fairly easy to create or find new kahoots to use for math as well.

Cons

My new students who are mostly remote this year had only used kahoot, so that was their favorite game. I went back in to my account and tried to create some new kahoots. Here is what I found difficult: 1. I was bombarded with offers to upgrade. 2. I couldn't use most kahoots in the library because they had features that weren't available to me. 3. It seems whatever I was initially trying to do, I was blocked or invited to upgrade.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10