Kahoot!

4,7 (1 641)
Game-based learning platform with presentation capabilities

(1 641)

David W.

Online and In Person quizzing made fun

Reviewed on 2021/12/05

Overall I am happy with Kahoot but would recommend it most with in person trainings, trivia, or assessments as a whole groups. For individualized experiences it can be helpful but I prefer one of the other softwares listed above.

Pros

Kahoot is a way to assess students in a fun and interactive way. The gamification of the quiz makes students actively want to participate, and it can be completed live in class or asynchronously at home. It is also a great tool for trivia and reviewing content.

Cons

The reason I give Kahoot an 8/10 instead of a 10/10 is that it’s rivals Quizizz and Gimkit are also viable options. I normally prefer Kahoot at school because it is instructor paced and all students look at a screen to answer their questions, but quizizz is better at home because students are always looking at their own screens and have chances for redemption questions.

Courtney G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Kahoot is great for all students!

Reviewed on 2021/11/24

I will continue to use Kahoot with my students because it’s a fun and engaging way for them to review content and show their knowledge.

Pros

I’ve been using Kahoot ever since I began teaching! It’s a great review and assessment tool for teachers to use. After each session, it actually sends the data to the teachers email and you’re able to see each students performance privately. They have premade quizzes on there, and you can also create your own.

Cons

There is not really anything that I dislike about Kahoot, except maybe just add the option to collaborate with other teachers on it so they can each put stuff in.

Mark M.

After years of asking, Kahoot still doesn't "talk" to google classroom

Reviewed on 2021/12/23

Kahoot is a great way to build and even ensure engagement. Kahoot games are quite plainly a lot of fun both for hosts and players. Its a great way to gamify training or a classroom.

So I still love Kahoot and I use it often but I could love it more if there were a way to align it with google classroom and if there was an efficient way to track performance.

Pros

I still love Kahoot despite missing features that would make me love it more. Kahoot is so easy to use and a great way to build engagement. There are so many games to choose from and if somethings not quite right, games can be very easily edited or even created. Games are so fun to play and even fun to host. Kahoot makes gamification easy for fun, interactive learning for all ages.

Cons

What kahoot is missing, which keeps me from loving it even more, is a way to track performance via google classroom or other educational management systems. Kahoot can be launched with google classroom, but then the data from the games isn't sent back to google classroom. So classroom talks to Kahoot, but for whatever reason Kahoot doesn't talk back to google. I reached out to Kahoot many times about this and I get the same answer that this is not a feature they are interested in providing. What a shame.

What also happens often is players use hurtful and offensive and inappropriate nicknames. This is quite common in schools but can also happen in the workplace. As far as I know, there is no way to track this. Kahoot offers a friendly nickname generator to avoid this, but then there is no way to track performance. So essentially Kahoot which could be so powerful in assessment and training, is simply reduced to a really fun game or just basic enreichment. Again...What a shame.

Karen L.

Kahoot for Secondary Special Education

Reviewed on 2021/11/16

I have been teaching for nearly 20 years and Kahoot is a regular part of my teaching. I typically utilize Kahoot on a weekly basis-the reviews I create are about 15-20 minutes in length and are perfect to supplement my lesson. My elementary-aged children love Kahoot as well!

Pros

My students love using Kahoot. It is our go-to software to review for tests, introduce basic information about a new topic, or just have fun at the end of the day!

Cons

There is a limited amount of pictures you are allowed to include unless you upgrade.

Kahoot-it

Reviewed on 2022/01/06

Pros

Good study and learning tool for students in 6th through 12th grade and college/university learning and studying.

Cons

When you get a question wrong it tells you the correct answer but does not justify why the answer you chose was wrong and why the correct answer is right. I wish this would be added to the individual-based study structure when you do not have a teacher or professor or study group present to explain.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Kahoot! makes participant engagement fun!

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

Kahoot! is awesome. Teams always look forward to it being used and it drives fantastic engagement among the audience as well as content retention. We use Kahoot! every chance we get and have made it a regular part of both small and large team gatherings. I highly recommend Kahoot!

Pros

Kahoot! is VERY easy to use. Simple multiple choices games can be set up in just a few minutes, especially if you've established the questions/answers ahead of time. Additionally, there is a wide range of options in question types, structures, and how answers are presented. For example, you can have participants enter a single freeform word as an answer and then display all answers in a word cloud format. Most importantly, Kahoot! enables fun audience participation and an exciting way to spice up presentations. Our teams look forward to our Kahoot! games and it results in better retention of the presentation material because they want to win the game. User participation is also very simple, whether from the mobile device app or a web browser. Everyone can easily participate and the scoring system rewards correct answers as well as speed. It's awesome and we love to use it.

Cons

The only major criticism I have encountered is with lag time from participants who are trying to win the game. It seems that users of the app on their mobile device can usually beat those who utilize a web browser. When teams are highly competitive, we always recommend using the app for the best speed and reliability.

Lindsay D.

If you give a hoot maybe you should try kahoot

Reviewed on 2021/12/04

My experience with kahoot has been as a review tool for my job training. My job requires that we know a lot of new things that are unrelated to any other job we have had. We were required to attend a 6 weeks training class and tested every week. We used Kahoot as a study guide or prep test tool. This also would give My trainer a good idea of where everyone was on the material and if there were any additional help needed before testing. It allowed for an individual assement but in a fun and easy way. The excitement and the competitive feel to it makes you want to become more engaged. We never played just once and I think that was the best way to use it as learning tool. If I didn't know an answer the first round I made sure to pay attention to it so I wouldn't miss it thr next time and I was able to use that on my test the next day too.

Pros

It is a great software to use for a knowledge review of course materials. You are able to create questions however you want and need. The competitive part of it causes you to become more engaged and determined to learn the right answer.

Cons

I felt that the ranking system was a little tough. Even if you answer the questions correctly you are ranked on your speed of answering. This could be very frustrating and upsetting for an immature audible such as grade school students. I would not recommend this for the little kiddos but would be great for high school and beyond.

Tiago M.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Kahoot has made learning more fun

Reviewed on 2022/01/09

I love Kahoot, and I believe it had a big impact on education. It is much more effective than regular quizzes or Q&A, and it keeps people more interested in the subject, even if they only want to win.

Pros

Kahoot makes students more interested in a certain subject. It's very easy to use, and it mixes learning with games/quizzes. You can even create your own quiz. Definitely a fun way to learn!

Cons

In my experience with Kahoot, I have never found out any flaw in the platform. There isn't anything I dislike, only maybe the layout could improve, but I don't think that is a big issue.

Gabriel P.

Gamification tool for remote workers

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

Kahoot has provided great engagement with the team that is working remotely, using games to teach and to train

Pros

It is very easy to use and our team really enjoys the different games/trivias that we do while they are doing remote work

Cons

It may take a while to load and set up your individual activities

Gladys geinhor J.

Honest Review

Reviewed on 2021/12/18

Pros

We use the product every month for our team monthly bonding. I love how you can customize and create your own choice of games, good thing this is connected to youtube if the questions are related to the music you can even paste the link via youtube choose the part you wanted to play. Though for free users you can use two options, true or false or multiple-choice, it is very useful and the amount of to subscribe is cheap based on the good performance.

Cons

I like how Kahoot works, for creating questions or even games this is very useful. But maybe try updating the layouts or theme of Kahoot, there's a lot of words to be seen, looks a bit messy, it is not so good in the eye, maybe adding some colors and changing the format would be better.

Miss R.

Best Learning Tool

Reviewed on 2021/04/25

I absolutely love Kahoot because it is a highly interactive platform that allows for learning to be fun. It keeps students interested in learning and also allows for the teachers to be able to create reviews in an easy and effective way. Kahoot is easy to use and definitely a great value for the money. Overall, a great experience.

Pros

Kahoot is a platform with a friendly user interface, which makes it extremely fun to use. I use this program in a lot of my classes, as it is definitely a fan favorite. Students are more engaged when it comes to learning due to how interactive a platform Kahoot is. After inputting questions based on the unit covered in class, Kahoot generates a pin that students are able to enter into the Kahoot website in order to join the game. While the game is in session, they are able to choose a color that corresponds to the answer choices on the board. Students get really excited because everyone wants to be on the leaderboard at the end of the game. Doing review questions in class without Kahoot is a hassle because nobody wants to answer the questions in fear of being wrong. However, with Kahoot, everyone is able to participate and it makes the classroom setting more lively. I especially love how Kahoot provides a graph of the student answers after they are submitted because teachers can see if how many students had trouble understanding a certain concept. This allows the teacher to explain the question further for not only the students who are having difficulty with it but also for the rest of the students in the class. Kahoot also allows students to be at different places, but still, be able to play the game which is extremely helpful during this pandemic because most students are engaged in online learning.

Cons

While there was little to dislike about this platform, it definitely has room for improvement. For example, if students press a wrong answer by mistake while playing the game, they are not able to go back and change it before the time is up. Additionally, a feature allowing for players to submit text answers rather than just multiple choice would be extremely helpful.

Kyle Y.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 1+ year

The Best Way To Teach Students: A Competition

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Kahoot is one of the best tools teachers can have for their students. It not only works for young elementary schoolers but also with college students as well. It's simple design allows for users to easily access it while at the same time learning or reviewing something. Kahoot does need some improvements but as it stands, Kahoot could make a boring day in class a little more entertaining and engaging, especially if there were a prize towards the winners, which was basically the motives to all the middle-schoolers I helped teach for a day.

Pros

Kahoot has been a staple feature in many public schools throughout the past 6 years. Kahoot allows boring quizzes to become a fun competition against your peers and classmates. Although it has a very simple concept, it's bright colors, catchy music, and point system makes it seem more like you're on a game show rather than powering through a test that no one wanted to take. Since most people have some sort of device sitting in their pockets that connects to the internet, accessing Kahoot is as simple as going to the website and entering a code. Also allowing people to choose their own names is a fun way for people to express humor (although sometimes it can be an issue). Because so many teachers use Kahoot as a way to review what their students have learned, there are a variety of different topics and quizzes to choose from. You don't have to manually type and make your own Kahoot if your subject is somewhat commonly taught. And having such a massive library of quizzes ranging from "Name That Disney Princess" to "Name The Capitals of These States" allows for variation between subjects. So Kahoot can be a learning tool as well as a fun little break for students.

Cons

In all honesty, Kahoot does not have too much to improve upon. Its website is user friendly and straightforward. However, I do have some suggestions for improvements. My first would be to add more music or allow the choice of using a selection of songs that have the proper copyright claims or are copyright free. Although catchy, it can become old a little quicker if the same song is played for every quiz. My second would be to add more than just a quiz. One of my ideas was to have one student step up to the classroom smartboard/projector and have all the other students turn around or close their eyes. The student would then be given a word/words that relate to the subject. Once the student knows what their word/words are all the other students would turn around or open their eyes and the student upfront would have to draw whatever word/words they got. The drawing would be projected on the screen and the other students have to type whatever they think the answer is. The fastest correct answer gets the most points. I feel like Kahoot is a great idea but should have more content. Nevertheless, Kahoot is always going to be a great activity for anyone.

Supun S.

A new trend of quizzes with Kahoot!

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

Kahoot is a platform developed to create online quizzes and assignments. We can make a list of questions using Kahoot and then create a game. In this game questions are given as multiple choice questions which has four choices for each question and we have to include that four answers when we creating the game. After creating the game Kahoot provide a pin code. Players can join to the game using that pin code. Players can give their answers using a smartphone or computer when the server is hosting the game. Result sheet can be obtained after finishing the game. This platform is widely used in our university to hold online quizzes on lecture times. I really like this because of the simplicity of the game and holding these types of quizzes saves our time lot. I recommend using this in small events because this can be a fantastic experience.

Pros

Kahoot included many features to attract people to their platform. It has attractive user interface on their website. This makes our work easier either we creating a game or playing a game. Kahoot made our quizzes and assignments more joyful to do when compared with traditional way of writing quizzes and assignments. This saves our time lot. Since the results of the game generated automatically after finishing the game, this helps lecturers as well. No time waste for correcting and marking answer sheets. Another good feature I saw is that the correct answer of each question will be shown after answering the question. Other than the correct answer, detailed information about the answers given from the community is shown with relevant number of choices for each answer with a bar graph. After the game we can see the top three players who scored most. Other rankings can be found through the result sheet. These features are really fascinating.

Cons

I have found some issues when using this platform. We need good internet connection to use Kahoot. I am disconnected few times when using this. But this is not a fault of Kahoot. Questionnaire must be re-started if the sever faced any connection problem. Only the symbols related to the answers will be shown on players’ display. Sometimes this can be messing watching relevant symbol again and again before confirming answer. Only multiple choice questions can be included into the question list. I think it will be more useful if they include more answering formats such as text answers. Sometimes one person that needs to play the game may not have any device to play. However these types of issues are very rare on these days since everyone have their own smartphone with good internet connection.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Kahoot Explored

Reviewed on 2019/07/27

Kahoot has brought listener response to the next level as users are hooked with its interactive display and game mode setting. Users and administrators love it because it gives instant feedback from listeners.

Pros

Kahoot is a highly interactive way to assess knowledge using a game format. It brings out excitement with its users as the users feel they are playing a game rather than reviewing essential material. It is very easy to use, and allows the users to get immediate responses and feedback from their intended audience. The software allows the user to build a question and offer four possible answers. the user can assign a certain amount of time to each question. Students, or users get to earn points based on their correct answers and the speed at which they answered it.

Cons

There is not o function to measure open response questions. The software is limited to only multiple choice or true and false. Also, sometimes those interacting with it aim for speed over right answers.

Russell P.

Students love Kahoot! Teachers love Kahoot!

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Creating engaging and exciting assessments for students so that I can check for understanding on key concepts.

Pros

Kahoot is a brilliant creation! If you teach in a one-to-one setting or have access to devices, you need to consider using Kahoot right away! Basically, it's a student assessment tool, but you it's a game-like setting, which makes it fun for the students. Here's why I love it:
- First off, students love playing it! The friendly competition is engaging and they are always excited to share what they know in this game.
- It's so easy to set up for teachers. You can create your own Kahoot question sets in a matter of minutes. In maybe 10 minutes you can create a fun, 10-20 question quiz game for your kids. Quick and easy!
- You have the ability to obtain data on your kids! After the Kahoot, you know what your students do or don't know. And then you can use this data to reteach concepts they're struggling with.
- They offer an online library where you can use other question sets created by other teachers. That's extremely handy! Just review what's been created beforehand to make sure it's appropriate for you kids.
- It's always been reliable and worked. I can't say the same for other edtech tools that I consistently use. Kahoot's website just always works!
- They recently offered a team mode which challenges students to collaborate on quizzes. This is a cool update, and I expect to see Kahoot to continue to be cutting edge with their product.
- It's simple to get students "logged in." All that's required is for them to type in a link, enter a number, and add name.

Cons

I am a big fan of Kahoot, so I have nothing to complain about. I would just recommend users to use it wisely. If you want extremely reliable data with little error, you may want to choose another platform. Kahoot encourages students to think and answer quickly, and they may lead them to occasionally select the wrong answer by accident or because of the time feature. You obviously wouldn't use this for a unit test. Similarly, you probably wouldn't use this to pinpoint gaps for individual students. But it is helpful in getting a big picture of gaps of knowledge or trends, if that makes sense. This is also isn't the best tool for tracking data over a long period of time - this is a tool for quick assessments or check-ups. That's not a complaint about Kahoot, just an encouragement for you to use it appropriately!

Jaime valeriano R.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

A Review of Kahoot! From a Perspective of an Education College Student in a University

Reviewed on 2021/07/12

Kahoot! is indeed one of the option for having an engaging activity for the students as this will awaken their drives to compete. However, interruption of internet connection might be a struggle using this software. Overall, I will still recommend it to my friends.

Pros

Kahoot! is an engaging and interactive website and application for the students because I think it stimulates something in theirselves to be competitive, since Kahoot! have this kind of feature that it is a quiz for the students yet in the end there is a winning top 3 who are able to andwer the questions correctly and the fastest. Also, another thing that I think that the students do not find Kahoot! boring is because of its colorful and creative which is also not too distracting for the students so that they can still focus on a specific activity being done in the Kahoot! Lastly, another favorite feature of the Kahoot! is its user friendly interface both for the teacher and the students. In my experience, I actually use this application in my demo teaching and my students are elementary grade 6 students; using thing application is actually an advantage since it is easy to use, thus I can give them a simple instruction which is in turn very time efficient since we all know that we need to manage time because each lesson in each subjects should only last for 1 hour.

Cons

Everything is actually good in Kahoot! however, there are times that both the teacher and students are having difficulty using this when there internet connection slow down. I remember a report that some students are able to see the questions and the answers very quickly while the others are still not able to see the options to answer even though the timer to submission of answers already started. So I think, relying on the Kahoot! itself as a reliable assessment should not be the only option because we cannot say that the top 1 of a certain activity in a kahoot is really the one who excel in a particular topic especially if we do not consider those students that can actually do the same thing yet they have no stable internet connection.

Edgar J.

Instant Fun and Functionality

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

As doing a lot of school marketing, my focus on giving the students what they enjoy and think is "cool" is important to me. Constant games of Kahoot! gave me create ideas and information on how to plan and help with our homecoming week! It keeps students interested and gives them a good time, and I get to work behind the scenes to give out school the best image in the area.

Pros

It is so easy to create Kahoot! games, however big or detailed you want to make the game. There are plenty of options to customize your creations, and can creatively be put to use. This software is a very effective tool in polling the students of a high school, and collecting useful data from them about decisions we make marketing in the school. Obviously, there is a great use in the software for playing fun and educational games too.

Cons

Kahoot moves fast, and the dropout rate from games is limiting in having consistent data. A lot of players can slow down the games trying to load.

SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Teenagers love Kahoot, and it only takes a couple minutes of their time and gets it all done in one go. With a survey, students will forget about it later
Ryan E.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

Great classroom interactivity booster

Reviewed on 2021/04/26

While Kahoot! may be one of those things that instructors might get tired of quickly, students almost always seem to enjoy using it--and there has been at least one academic study that confirms students never seem to get tired of the competition aspect of Kahoot! It almost always gets positive reviews in my classes, and so I will continue to rely on it as long as it remains free.

Pros

If you are looking for a way to liven up classroom discussions and participations, and you haven't given Kahoot! a try, you really do owe it to yourself to test it out. Students really seem to enjoy the competitive aspect of the system, and using their smartphones as "buzzers" to answer questions. The gameplay itself can be highly customized (they recently added a number of updates and new features, including new music choices to play while students are thinking); I have used Kahoot! to facilitate exam reviews, and colleagues have used it to run reinforcement "drills" for topics ranging from bivariate correlation to identifying bacteria.

Cons

Using your smartphone as an answering device takes some getting used to, as you have to match shapes (e.g., tap on a button with a circle to choose an answer marked with a circle) to choose your answer instead of a more "traditional" choice like A/B/C/D. Some instructors also don't care for the fact that students can choose their own username and anything goes, which can make it challenging to figure out who is responding/winning. There is also the tiniest learning curve when it comes to customization, but after a couple of uses, it's quite easy to configure.

David F.

Kahoot! Fundamental in all classrooms

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Today it would be unthinkable to teach without Kahoot's help! and the application became the center of all my teaching activity. In fact, in recent years, I believe that there has been a real revolution in the way we teach and learn, thanks to these types of applications that have brought the game into the classroom. With these tools, students today learn much more and more quickly!

Pros

I use Kahoot! for a long time and the application quickly became essential in my classes, mainly because my students find it fantastic and are always waiting to participate in another game. With its use, learning has become much more fluid, simple and efficient. Almost all students learn much more quickly if we use Kahoot !, while greatly reducing bad behavior and inattention in class. Kahoot! it can also be used in e-learning which is an added advantage in these times when we can be teaching from home.

Cons

Compared to other applications, Kahoot! it can have the defect that all students are taking the same quiz with the same questions at the same time, since the questions are asked on the projector screen. However, this fact also allows for greater competitiveness and student involvement.

Phạm T.

Simple Kahoot! Reviews

Reviewed on 2021/10/05

Since its launch until now, Kahoot is a software that has greatly helped the learning of people around the world, especially during this epidemic season, it is also true to relieve the pressure of studying for students. the need. This software has gradually become an indispensable thing in everyone's device during this epidemic season. It makes it easier for us to stay connected

Pros

Kahoot is a recently released software, suitable for learning, review and entertainment for all students around the world. The feature that I really like about this software is that it can quickly calculate the score and the feature of honoring the winner is also very unique and interesting, it makes me feel excited when taking the test.

Cons

Is an application that is very popular with all customers around the world. There's nothing I can say about Kahoot. But besides that there is also a small disadvantage of Kahoot. That is the application sometimes often happens to lag, this makes the performance of the work go a little bit leading to a drop in rank, but it is also very small and rarely happens, so it is not worth the blame.

Daniel W.

Kahoot: The Interactive Quiz Game

Reviewed on 2021/04/28

Overall, Kahoot is a fresh way to conduct surveys and presentations and I think that it has a lot of potential. I highly recommend businesses to try out Kahoot and see how fun it is.

Pros

While most people associate Kahoot with school, Kahoot is a fun and interactive way to present information, even in a business setting. Kahoot is surprisingly versatile and can be used for research, business training etc. The simplicity of Kahoot is very appealing both for the creator and players. One of the best things is that the player do not require a Kahoot account; all they need is the game pin. Not only this, Kahoot can also collect open ended answers which can be very useful at times, especially when doing market research. The Pro version is great because it comes with templates, quick polls and puzzles. For business use, you can create a presentation with interactive questions sprinkled throughout, which really adds a fun level of interactivity to the presentation.

Cons

Occasionally, there can be issues if the internet connection is poor which is rather annoying as it can cause disconnections. Kahoot can also be somewhat limiting if you want to make more complicated questions because of the strict character limit.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

It works well for educational settings and you can't beat free! I prefer other products for a more professional look (but they are limited to 40 responses for free) and use another similar product instead now due to answer choices appearing on student devices and ability to create lessons.

Pros

Kahoot is easy for anyone to use and set up everything from Review sessions to birthday quizzes.

Cons

Having to view the choices on main screen and then select them on personal devices was awkward.

Quizizz

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

Free plan number of responses

Poll Everywhere

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

I didn't.
Florian L.
  • Industry: Media Production

The highlight of every class

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

While students feel like they are playing a game and compete with each other, Kahoot! brings great benefits for teachers as well. They can see which topics their students have already grasped and which topics they still struggle with. Since it’s anyonymous, it provides much better feedback than direct conversation. It’s great fun for everyone and the highlight of every class.

Pros

Kahoot! makes learning something feel like playing a game. Almost everyone can take part – given that they have a device and a stable internet connection, which might be a challenge in settings like large conferences. The UI is simple, friendly and fun. Question types range from simply yes/no questions to more complicated ones, where both questions and answers can be based on images. The latter one is very useful in a mathematical context. All in all, there is almost no scenario of classrom interaction that couldn’t be replicated with Kahoot!

Cons

There used to be one major issue that I had with Kahoot! It was that every player was able choose their own name. Depending on how mature the audience was, there were people who regularly saw this as an opportunity to troll and offend everyone by injecting slurs and insults. Kahoot! has responded to this issue and started to offer a nickname generator which automatically produces friendly names for everyone. I think that’s a great move and it should be the default setting for every game.

Harsimran G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Kahoot Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Overall Kahoot is a very useful software. I would definitely recommend to anyone try to teach an audience that is Grade 12 or younger to any grade that can understand the concept of a quiz. This is very useful for a teacher who is trying to engage the students more because it has a lot of visuals and sounds that help with that. It could use some minor fixes but overall it's a great software especially for teaching and making quizzes fun and killing time by exploring the countless trivia from all the different categories to chose from.

Pros

This software is very useful for teaching and learning. It's a fun way to learn and teach. My teachers have used it plenty of times in past for quizzes and to just have fun with the class. This software makes it easy and fun to do quizzes, especially to a younger audience (Grade 2 - Grade 12). There are plenty of quizzes to chose from and there are a lot of different categories as well. You can also make your own quiz and customize to your liking all you want from how much time the students have to answer the question and to the visuals you would like to add etc. You can also add your own music as well. It is very useful in the field of education.

Cons

This software could be somewhat of a challenge for a teacher who is new to technology meaning the user interface could use a bit of a touch up to make it easier for the user to host a quiz. Another con I have noticed throughout my several years of use of this software is that it is very easy to disrupt a quiz by adding bots to your session that can range from having inappropriate nicknames to simply crashing your session due to the sheer size of users in the sessions. This could be prevented by some sort of security check or captcha to not allow any bots to get through.

Catherine B.

Quality Classroom Review Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Kahut was a great tool used regularly for classroom engagement in reviewing materials. It was affective and students enjoyed using it almost as if it were just a game, not reviewing their lesson materials. I would recommend every educator, especially secondary educators, looking to using Kahoot in the classrooms.

Pros

Kahoot is a software product that is used frequently in my classroom because it allows students to interact in real time with review material and compete against their peers. Classroom engagement is one of the most important aspects of teaching, and especially in a post Covid environment it is really important to increase engagement in learning person to have been impacted by quarantine. Kahoot makes it possible for Teachers to build their own reviews, which I recommend, but it also allows teachers to use material that is already in the cloud. I would highly recommend educators, especially of secondary students who have their own electronic devices, to use Kahoot in their classrooms.

Cons

Some of the premade material on Kahoot Is rather elementary so it is my recommendation that educators build their own material and reviews for their classroom content instead of using but it’s already programmed in by other teachers. Tailoring the software to your own classroom meets is going to make this software the most successful.