Google Meet

4,5 (11 718)
Messaging, voice, and video calls for team communication

(11 718)

Caroline
Caroline

Excellent for Collaborative Work

Reviewed on 2020/07/08

Google Meet provided an excellent experience for me, as a teacher, to be able to communicate with my students while we were all at home. It is quick and easy to set up, and no software needs to be downloaded.

Pros

As a teacher, I used Google Meet during our distance learning. It was easy for my 5th grade students to understand, and they were able to use it without any problems. I also enjoyed that I could link it with my Google Calendar and my students would receive the invite that I shared. I absolutely loved that there was no time limit on it, unlike other online video meeting software.

Video was clear, and I was able to mute students who had distracting background sounds. Both students and I were able to share our screens with the group when we needed to explain something that was on our computers.

Cons

I would have loved it if there was a waiting room for the students, so that I could admit them when I was ready. I would also like if there was a background feature so that both I, and my students, could have a background that was less distracting than our rooms.

Chris
  • Industry: Entertainment

Google Meet is a MUST have!

Reviewed on 2023/06/09

My overall experience with Google meet has been extremely positive. It’s easy to use super convenient and overall absolutely free to use.

Pros

I love the fact that it’s free it’s easy to use is good quality tons of features and it’s a great way to stay connected with my customers and my colleagues.

Cons

The only real con is if you have a bad Internet connection. It works best when you have a steady Internet connection.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

I need something more reliable.

Skype

Reasons for Switching to Google Meet

I got great feedback from friends and colleagues I tested it out extremely easy to use it’s affordable and a lot of people have Gmail accounts already set up and ready to ho
Zach
  • Industry: Entertainment

Google needs to make a decision

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Pros

I initially installed Hangouts because it was the only way I could receive text messages inside of my office, which has terrible reception due to all of the sound insulation (we do voice recordings in-house.) It was a SAVIOR when it first came out because Google was one of the only companies supporting Wifi calling and texting. I also liked that I was able to have Hangouts to route multiple numbers (I'm in NYC and LA.) When it first came out, Hangouts was completely innovative.

Cons

Google has too many departments designing conflicting products instead of putting all hands on deck to work on one piece of software. Google Chat? Wave? Plus? Hangouts? It's insane. I pay for GoogleFi now with the express interest of using hangouts, so I can get texts on my computer. But when I try to load it on my Google Pixel, it's slow - like, "1997 loading a JPG-level" slow. I don't trust that many of my texts are going through and that I am receiving them. Sometimes a message that a friend sent a day before comes to me in the middle of the night. It feels like Google is phasing this out, but it is unclear what the replacement will be. I am so horrified that I might honestly just switch plans. Now that young people use texting as their exclusive method of communication, I have found that this is hurting my social and business-life. It's pretty pathetic that Facebook Messanger - a free service - is more reliable than Hangouts, a product that I now technically pay for as a GoogleFi subscriber. I am losing faith in the Google Brand because of this product. And because many users do not pay for Fi, they provide almost no customer service for Hangouts, because they are overwhelmed with complaints from their free users.

Jakufu
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Google Meet is deal for video conferencing

Reviewed on 2024/01/31

Pros

The best feature in Google Meet is the the ability to have a video conferencing with many people; It allows UpTo to 100 participants at a go. Through this feature we are able to conduct online meetings with all our staffs from wherever they could be.
Google Meet also has a very effective security through counter abusive measures which protects our data from outside forces. This features protects our clients and staffs data from misuse by scammers.

Cons

I have not experienced any problems with the platform so far

Sanie Joel
Sanie Joel
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A Communication App for On the Go Professionals

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

Google Meet had streamline the communication between our team members in the firms and with its user-friendly interface, you can easily learn how to use it in minutes.

Pros

Google meet had been the main communication app used by my team in our business consulting firm. With its mobile access, it provided us an easy way of joining and doing online meetings and conferences even if we are on the go. With its simple and easy to use interface, we can always train new employees with ease. It has multiple features that you can leverage when you are presenting.

Cons

So far, all the services that Google Meet is providing is meeting our team requirements. We don't have anything to say what service it provide we like least.

Zoom, Meta for Business and Skype

Reasons for Switching to Google Meet

We had chosen Google meet as it comes as a whole package of Google Workspace and it has better features that the others we were considering.
preetesh
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Presentations, Meetings, One On One sessions.

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

It was GOOD, even makes more better after fixing there some bugs.

It was GOOD, even makes more better after fixing there some bugs.

Pros

Google meet is an excellent application for a meeting section and also helps to communicate with CLIENTS smoot and fast,But..... I would like to suggest to GOOGLE, pls pls some bugs and after fixing this bugs it will be a great and so BENEFICIAL for all and also helps to increase Your REVENUE...

Cons

NO COMMENTS PLS.I would like to go with google meet becuase it helps me to bound a bounding with the clients.....

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

Because it was creating a issues and consuming more datas and also not suitable for the private things....

It helps me a lot.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

My Google meet

Reviewed on 2023/09/15

Its reliability and ease to use has made online meetings to be a success. Just a few clicks and you can join and start your meeting making it the best in the market

Pros

Google meet alig with the meeting based on the calendar of all users. While communicating, it introduces new culture ideas and people and bring them together making it a very reliable tool.

Cons

Google meet has its challenges. Sometimes there are blank plantation problems which is annoying, has no waiting room for late participants and it also displays a limited number of participants.

Hüseyin
Hüseyin
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Best meeting tool

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

Pros

Google Meet is one of the best meeting tools ever. Always working stable and nearly never disrupted.

Cons

If Google Meet has more integrations and options on meeting screen, would give a better experience.

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Google Meet

Google Meet is coming with Google Workspace and working great with it.
Souleymane
Souleymane
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

The video conferencing platform for your meetings, online classes, or remote training.

Reviewed on 2023/08/23

I have been using Google Meet for several years, and I highly recommend it as a video conferencing and remote meeting platform for businesses.

Pros

I like several features in Google Meet, including the ability to schedule meetings in advance, which helps in staying organized. The screen sharing feature is great for presenting to meeting attendees. Being able to record meetings is also valuable. Additionally, using the live chat function to interact with participants is very useful.

Cons

Google Meet has truly provided me with a great experience for work meetings and video conference presentations. I find it flawless.

Ndifon
Ndifon

Zoom who?!

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

Pros

Well what's there not to like about Google meets. Saved my a** from all the premium video conferencing softwares. It's so easy to start a meeting and for someone to join. Even right from your phone.

Cons

I don't have any cons of Meets. It does the job done perfectly.

Anant
Anant
  • Industry: Entertainment

Hangouts - What better way to work from home?

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Basically what we were looking for was a conferencing solution that was free and reliable. Working and presentations directly from home was also a big consideration. Hangouts successfully filled that space and has presented no reason to switch

Pros

- If used for video calling, it offers one of the highest quality video calling, this is in fact the most desirable feature of the application.
- All of this is for free which makes it extremely economical for the kind of quality it offers.
- I personally find that it is very easy to learn and that it gives you a quick option for chatting and video conferencing both personal and in groups.
- It also gives the facility of sharing multimedia files, emojis and stickers which makes its use in Business and Personal circles extremely lucrative.

Cons

- It requires a stable and high bandwidth to properly function and if you are in a situation where don't have either of these things the app simply won't work or it would work with a lots of disturbances which can be very disappointing at times.
- It doesn't provide you with the facility of seeing the status of your contacts whether or not they are available for conversation which makes it troublesome to use.
- You also can't search for a previous conversation or message particularly, you can't even delete messages individually, in case you want to delete one text, you will have to delete the entire chat.

Matthew

Comprehensive Tool For video Conferencing

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

My overall experience with Google Meet has been a very positive one. I do use other means of collaboration with colleagues and friends however Google Meet is by far the most frequently used software I use to keep in touch. Its G Suite integration is likely the top reason I turn to Google Meet every time when I need to collaborate. Based on my user experience I highly recommend using this software.

Pros

When you need to stay in touch with collogues and employees remotely it is highly recommended that you use Google Meet. By far one of the most impressive feature of Google Meet is its ability to offer full access and integration with G Suite programs. This is a great addition to any business because it results in you saving money because using a separate video conferencing service is not necessary. Also there is a free version while the paid version costs only $6 a month which is cheaper when compared to other video conferencing services. This is great for small businesses on a tight budget. Another thing I like about Google Meet is that it is already available in the widely used Gmail software. This allows you to check emails and gather information in preparation for or during a video conference with colleagues and employees. Also, screen sharing is a welcomed bonus to this amazing software.

Cons

Firewall settings can affect the use of Google Meet but overall Google Meet runs smoothly without any interference.

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

The paid version of Google meet costs $6 a month while TeamViewer costs $49 a month.

TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Google Meet

Google Meet seems to be the most affordably option at $6 a month. So cost also played a factor in my final decision. Also most people seem to be familiar with Google products in general and so that is why I chose Google Meet as it is more widely used.
Tibor
Tibor
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

I want my Google Hangouts

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Google Meet solves my need to establish a connection with my colleagues and clients and hold a quick and short meetings when I know that all of the involved are comfortable with Google's platform. The tool has strong competition from other similar providers which are also offering a better and more expansive system which has some benefits for business users.
I like the fact that Google is incorporating and connecting its software, so it's on one hand very easy to connect Google Calendar to this and offers some extended functionality, but at the same time you can see quite easily that those two programs are developed by completely different teams that are not thinking alike. I would love a chat buddy (AI of some sorts) to take notes on what everyone is saying during the meetings.

Pros

I adore the overall simplicity and cleanliness of the GUI. As a standard feature available with any of the tier of the new Google Workspace it is very accessible, and most of the clients I work with are already somehow connected to the Google platform, either through email or their phones. I love the option to change my GUI and have multiple screen layouts (not revolutionary, but nice to have). The fact that a shortened link is automatically created on starting a new meeting is also a deal breaker because it's very easy to communicate where to meet with the clients and coworkers. I love the fact that the Meet can create captions to be able to understand others more easily.

Cons

The nice use of white space and the emptyish GUI is also an issue somehow because some of the functionality is lacking. I would love a dedicated desktop app (like Skype, or Zoom, have) - for example to be able to share files just by drag&dropping them into the conversation windows. It would be great to be to chat with people in particular and not just the entire group all at once. Also, a fantastic option would be to be able to record the entire session.

Trello, Microsoft Teams, Zoom Events and Webinars and Slack

Reasons for Switching to Google Meet

I am continuing to mix and match the software I use to be able to keep up with my clients which use all sorts of computers and business workflows. Hangouts or Meet are just a tool that keeps me where my head needs to be.
Jarad
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Google Meet is a Solid Alternative to Zoom

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

We turned to Google Meet to help us expand our virtual meeting capabilities. With the low-price Zoom offering, we quickly hit our license limit. With Google Meet, the app is included in our G Suite purchase so there was never a problem with licensing or accessing our accounts.

Pros

My colleagues began our work-from-home adventure using Zoom and quickly encountered some problems, mostly with hitting the limits of our license very quickly. We explored buying more licenses and then decided to give Google Meet a try since it's included with the purchase of the G Suite, which includes other useful tools like Google Drive and Gmail. Google Meet is easy to use, intuitive and has a great mobile app.

Cons

The only drawback to switching to Google Meet was needing to relearn some basic functions like sharing screens. Many of us spent the first six months of COVID exclusively using Zoom, so it took some time to pivot to Google Meet. That said, we're fully entrenched in Google now and like it very much. My IT guy also praises the enhanced security since our Google Meet accounts are linked with our Google Logins, which automatically include two-factor authentication.

Karolis
Karolis
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

The perfect solution for clean usage

Reviewed on 2022/05/29

I am happy with Google Meet. They fulfil all my needs for very good price. I even shifted from other products when I host the meetings due to simplicity of the application. Google meets are the perfect solution for me.

Pros

The best thing I love about google meets is that it is completely free. I do not need to make any purchase and I have unlimited time for teleconferences or meetings. Also, so far I did not noticed any caps on users, so I can make really big meetings.
Secondly, I love that the meeting setup is very easy - the easiest there is. I just need google account and that's it. What is very important - no need for any download. It works perfectly online in web browser. Also, it support all web browsers. So, the lightness and cleanliness are what got me in.
Another small but important detail is that the background pictures are very easy to load. There is no problems using them.

Cons

There is hardly any cons about Google Meets but there is one which would help. I would like to have integration with MS Outlook, so I could make the meetings there and automatically they would create an entry in my schedule. This integration exists with other google tools and I understand there will be no integration with Microsoft tools, but It would nice to have such.

Zoom Events and Webinars

Reasons for Choosing Google Meet

The lowest pricing, no need to install any application on desktop, easy to use and to setup meetings or webinars.

Reasons for Switching to Google Meet

To host meetings is very easy.

Great Online Meeting App

Reviewed on 2022/10/08

It would be nice if more people could attend the meetings. For this reason, we rarely use the Zoom application in our own institution. I think it's pretty bad that 1000 people can't attend a meeting. In order to manage the meeting, we need to have more authority over the participants.

Pros

I really liked the overall working performance of the app. Being able to work through a web browser is a good feature in my opinion. You do not need to install an additional application. Picture and sound quality is pretty good. Good price compared to other apps. Simple easy to use. Even in a weak internet environment, it is enough to save the day. You won't have any connection problems for no reason. Online video calling is very successful.

Cons

It would be nice if more people could attend the meetings. For this reason, we often have to use the Zoom application from time to time while using it in our own institution. I think it's pretty bad that 1000 people can't attend a meeting. In order to manage the meeting, we need to have more authority over the participants.

Reasons for Switching to Google Meet

The number of participants is better than Google Meet.
Gabriel

Three Years of Seamless Collaboration: My Google Meet Experience

Reviewed on 2023/09/06

My overall experience with Google Meet has been overwhelmingly positive. Over the past three-plus years, it has consistently delivered high-quality video conferencing and screen sharing, making my work as a web programmer, UI/UX designer, and SEO specialist more efficient and engaging. The platform's user-friendliness ensures that I can focus on the content of my meetings rather than technical issues, and its seamless integration with other Google Workspace tools has streamlined my workflow. Google Meet has become an indispensable part of my professional toolkit, and I continue to rely on it for its reliability and effectiveness in connecting with clients and colleagues worldwide.

Pros

I've been utilizing Google Meet for over three years now, and I must say it has consistently proven to be an invaluable tool in my web programming, UI/UX design, and SEO specialization work. Two standout features that have had a profound impact on my workflow are video conferencing and screen sharing.Google Meet's video conferencing is exceptional. It brings the essence of face-to-face meetings right to my screen, allowing me to connect with colleagues, clients, and team members as if we were all in the same room. The clarity and quality of video are impressive, capturing subtle nuances of expressions and gestures that are often crucial in my line of work. This visual engagement has significantly improved the effectiveness of my meetings and has helped build stronger connections with clients.Moreover, the screen sharing feature in Google Meet is an absolute game-changer. As a web programmer and UI/UX designer, being able to share my screen seamlessly during meetings has simplified project discussions and collaboration. Whether I'm presenting wireframes, showcasing design mockups, or providing live demonstrations of web development, the ease with which I can share my screen has made my presentations more engaging and productive. It's also an invaluable tool for troubleshooting issues and providing real-time feedback.

Cons

It will be great if users could be allowed to effect a change on a presentation been make by another person over the screen sharing. I has never been difficult for me using Google meet and integration has always been smooth.

Kristin
Kristin
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Easy and simple, few extras and few detractors

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Integration is the key selling point for using Hangouts. I like that I can access it from anywhere, can talk to people seamlessly through multiple devices, and have search features at my disposal. Having the option to video chat and send multi-media messages is also nice (yay GIFs!). I have definitely told people they need to use it, especially if they have a gmail address. Overall, the good outweighs the bad and I think the bad is sure to be fixed.

Pros

My favorite thing about hangouts is being able to search for conversations I've had from my gmail inbox. Sometimes I will know I've talked about something but I can't remember if it was an email or a conversation, so it's nice to have everything in one place. The fact that it integrates with all the rest of Google's suite, of course.

Cons

The worst part is not being able to access pictures very easily. Other messengers, like imessage or whatsapp, for example, will collect all of the images where you can easily click on one and see everything in a conversation or click info or something like it to access all pictures at once. Hangouts has no such feature. Every time I want to look for an image in a conversation I have to google (ha) how to get to the weirdly-hidden archive folder in Google Photos. For such a common feature, it's sad that Hangouts doesn't have it.

Additionally, the Chrome extension and desktop version don't play very nicely. If I have Chrome open (which I invariably do) and someone sent me a message on Hangouts, I would get two separate windows every single time. Both would light up when more messages came. That's a lot of noise and action for one single message. Also the desktop version never took away the "you should try the Chrome extension" message even though I had it. Eventually I uninstalled the extension so I'd stop having everything doubled.

deba
deba
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Hangout with convenience and simplicity

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Hangout has helped my organization reduce spending on a previous collaboration software we hitherto used. I personally prefer hangout for my instant messaging activities. Not only is the software smooth and lightweight, but it is also very easy to use as well as been quick and unproblematic. It is the epitome of messaging convenience for me.

Pros

Hangout has over the years afforded me a simple and enjoyable messaging experience with the added advantage of been able to send multimedia as well as make calls at reasonable rates to phone numbers and contacts on your Gmail account that also use hangout. I must say that the quality of hangout voice calls (paid option) is just exceptionally great. The video call is free and also nice too. You can archive important conversations as well as easily send an invite to your contact within hangout to adopt the software if they are not using it yet. The ability to have one-to-one or group conversations within Google Hangouts is an advantage that has endured it to me as it has helped my organization reduce spending on a previous collaboration software we hitherto used. The installation is easy and the software is lightweight and as such, hardly cause hanging. I recently was able to install the chrome extension of hangout to my chrome browser and can now reply to my message while on my computer without reaching for my phone. this has furthered made this software more appealing to me. I like the fact that the software is free on Gmail account and yet there are no ads in it

Cons

I miss the SMS functionality that was previously integrated into hangout and I still wonder why it was removed! For you to really enjoy Hangout, you require a very strong internet connection otherwise it becomes a real test of your patience. I also wish there was a way to reach your contact (maybe by assigning a hangout ID phone Number) so that you can call them when they are offline. You might want to avoid sharing very sensitive data with hangout as there is serious concern over the security of files shared with others within hangout. I also think the need to have a Gmail account in order to use hangout is not pleasant. It will be better if hangout can be designed to support a number of email service providers.

Stephen  Olawale
Stephen Olawale

MESSAGING PLATFORM BEST FOR THE GOOGLE COMMUNITY

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

conversations on google hangout cannot be deleted or edited, that makes it to serve has a good record keeping platform for my organisation, in case i forget my past conversation i can search them out. Hangout has helped my organisation to save cost sourcing for other messaging platforms and i prefer it for instant messaging.

Pros

The fact that google hangout is well integrated for the google mail users and chrome users, makes me to prefer it.
I receive messages faster, easy to access and communicate with my colleagues at work, hangout makes working from home fun,chat on hangout are well organised and sorted in order, and also, it notify me when messages are sent,hangout offer the ability to create groups for friends or co workers,keeping track of people is made easy, we make video calls daily with clients and trainee , the screen sharing has been very helpful in training our real estate agent on digital marketing. i suggest for my organisation to use google product such as gmail, chrome and hangout, its a great community for easy communication, since they are all well integrated.
One other thing is that I can search for my conversations, in case i forget, the fact that messages cannot be deleted after it has been sent has being beneficial, for record keeping, thanks to google.

Cons

I observed that hangout is not keeping up with latest instant messaging features, that allows to send multimedia document easily, accessing, selecting and sending images while on conversation is not easy to access on gallery at ones,the video call functionality needs upgrade to allow more people to share video calls at ones, my organisation is out growing the hangout messaging platforms, we need to be able to send pdf files on hangout, but hangout still remain our choice because it keeps us integrated in the google community, since what cannot be sent through hangout could be sent via gmail.

Malinda
Malinda
  • Industry: Government Relations

A wonderful communication tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Over 2 years I have been using google hangouts and my experience was very positive. It's one of the most famous and incredible applications available for communication. Application is very light and it loads really fast. For me it's a great tool for video conferencing and collaboration. I think it is a good invesment for any business.

Pros

As station masters we do communication mainly through emails and video conferences. There are quite a lot of employees in each and every station and it is somewhat difficult to gather them all at one place to held meetings. So we decided to use video conferencing for meetings when employees are difficult to be gathered. Google hangouts help me to connect with other station masters. Google hangouts has everything that mandatory for communication. I don't need to install any application instead it's perfectly integrate with the email account. I can check the availability of co-workers and the important conversations with them can be archived easily. Normally we create calendar events and join from hangouts.While I'm using hangouts, I can access both my mails and chat from my mobile and my PC. The interface is really simple and easy to follow so that that even an average person can easily use this.

Cons

I love to have the feature of sharing multiple images and different file types with my colleagues. It would be great if google can improve on sharing different file types like pdf,xlsx etc and multiple images at once. Likewise google need to make certain improvements in hangouts to be competitive with other software giants in the industry. Other than that I have no complaints regarding hangouts and it satisfies me with my expectations about communication.

Greg

One Spot for all Your Voice Needs

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

I've used Google Hangouts predecessor, Google Voice, since it came out. I even used it with Sprint when they partnered automatic voice forwarding and using your Sprint number on Google Voice (circa ~2010). Back then, I'd often use my HP laptop's microphone array and speakers covering the width of the device to use the speakerphone. Better quality on my laptop speakerphone setup with Google Voice (later Hangouts) than directly on a phone. Google Hangout's voice quality has always been exceptionally clear and steady. No perceptible delays, no stuttering, and it sounds high bitrate.

Google Hangouts continues to provide cheap international phone calls through any of their interfaces. Also, enabled me to call over any Wi-Fi enabled device for cheaper calling when traveling outside USA.

I often use a bluetooth headset with my computer, alternate regularly between Android + iOS devices (often carrying two simultaneously), while always maintaining Google Hangouts in the background and the same number across all devices. In recent years, Google Hangouts allowed me to login to multiple phone accounts in a single device.

In addition to voice, Google Hangouts in recent years began supporting text and media messages through their desktop and mobile app making it seamless to start a conversation on one device then move to a more efficient device without waiting for a synchronization. Its become a complete cell phone replacement without the need to stay connected to one wireless carrier.

Pros

Google Hangouts best feature is simultaneous use on multiple platforms. I use it on Android, iOS, and a web browser simultaneously. Text messages are forwarded to all devices. Phone calls are forwarded to all devices. Moreover, I can make an outgoing call on one device then put it on hold and call someone else if I need a quick conversation. The combinations are endless.

Cons

There are features that interest me but I struggle to use. I should be able to transfer a call from one open device to another by pressing the '*' (star) button? I haven't succeeded in doing this. I should record calls through some key combination, but it doesn't work for me. Certain distinct features could be better used if there was a menu of options.

Gustavo
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A great tool that still needs improvement

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Google Meet has become a daily tool in my life since the adoption of distance learning at my university. It is very easy and quick to get used to it, but some technical problems can make your experience less fluid and a little irritating at times. Overall, it is a reliable, competent program, but it can improve in some aspects.

Pros

The main advantage of Google Meet is its reliability. There are many competitors on the market, but few can match Google in the stability and security of its servers. The program has a simple and intuitive operation, allowing new users to adapt quickly. The invitation of members to a meeting is very easy, with the generation of an access link that can be shared. However, this does not make it difficult to control who can access the meeting, since new members, to participate, must receive authorization from those who are already at the meeting. Privacy options to disable your microphone and camera are available at all times, and even before entering the room, on the standby screen. Another great possibility is to record the entire meeting, which can be saved and made available through Google Drive to the participants.

Cons

Despite providing a good overall experience, Google Meet suffers from some technical flaws. The main one is the inconsistency of the transmission quality. Even with good internet connections, the video quality presents severe bitrate drops, distorting the images and making some written content being transmitted, almost unreadable. The flaws in the audio are even more uncomfortable, occurring in some moments glitches that can be extremely unpleasant, especially in headphones users. Both failures can be minimized by reducing the number of participants who are broadcasting audio and video, but this goes against the whole proposal for a virtual meeting. A less serious negative point is the impossibility of saving the settings of the program interface in your Google account, being necessary to reconfigure from the default whenever you enter a meeting.

Simple, free, and it works.

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

In short, Google Meets works. And they keep making it better.
Plus, it integrates super nicely with...

In short, Google Meets works. And they keep making it better.
Plus, it integrates super nicely with Google Calendar too of course. Whenever scheduling a meeting, the fact that a Meet link is automatically added is great.

Pros

- I've been using Google Meet/Hangouts for years now but I have been particularly impressed with the feature additions in this past year of covid-19 and the increased demand for video-calling. They've added features that competitors have and that their users had been asking for. Additionally, there were extensions created by people for Google Meets, and seeing the demand from users for these, many of the functionalities from these browser extensions were also implemented.

Examples include the tile view as well as selecting a background, adding your own, or simply blurring it. They've also added the option to raise hands, use whiteboards, and SO MUCH MORE. I love the way they have been reacting to requests.

Cons

I am a longtime user, who in the last year became a power user with multiple calls every day, and I haven't experienced a single con to report or mention.

Najem
Najem
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Google meet review

Reviewed on 2023/04/15

In terms of user experience, Google Meet has a simple and intuitive interface that is easy to navigate, even for users who are new to video conferencing. It allows users to customize their settings and preferences, such as choosing a virtual background or adjusting their microphone and camera settings.

Pros

The main benefit of Google Meet is its ease of use. Users can join meetings directly from their browser without having to download any additional software, making it accessible to anyone with an internet connection. Additionally, Google Meet can accommodate up to 250 participants in a single call, making it a suitable option for large group meetings and events.

Cons

One drawback of Google Meet is that some of its advanced features, such as breakout rooms and hand raising, are only available on certain plans or require additional add-ons. This means that users on the free or basic plan may not have access to all of the features they need, which could be frustrating.