9 915 reviews

Google Meet

Messaging, voice, and video calls for team communication

4,5
Ryan H.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Classic Google Simplicity & Basics

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

No software gets an A+ because there is always room for innovation and improvement but Meet comes very close. From adding a Google Meet video conference to a client invitation to simply joint and being on a call with the company, the ease of use is unparalleled.

Pros

I use Meet everyday both internally and externally and I do that simply because I am able to schedule and include a link to the video chat with a single click and the recipient is presentee with an invitation link with no additional steps except to join in. Ease of use is off the charts with this video conference option and I wouldn't be able to go back to another service that had so many additional steps, Clients would just opt to not show up.

Cons

The absolute only thing Google really needs to focus on improvement wise with this software is the background noise it transmits. A lost of other higher end web clients will remove background noises like interfere or echoing but I do hear it fairly often within Meet.

Garry A.

The Hangouts replacement we've all been waiting for!

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

As a replacement for Hangouts, Meet gets the job done, while being competitive with Zoom and others.

Pros

I love the integration with Google Calendar. I can schedule a meeting and natively include a link to a Google meet session. With a G Suite/Google Workspace subscription I can even include a dial-in number for people to join the meeting without needing access to a PC.
With the recent push from Zoom and others, feature adds to the Google Meet platform are frequent and valuable.

Cons

Google meet is a little behind some of the other platforms out there, Zoom in particular, but is rapidly closing the feature gap.

Muhammad daud S.

Ease and Simple

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

It worked perfectly for our small team and offered convenient groups to discuss particulars of a business.

Pros

Google Meet is simple, light and easy to use compare to other chat softwares. E.g., Teams, Slack or Skype.
It offers quick features to share with team and file sharings.

Cons

Google Meet is limited to some features which are more advanced offered by Microsoft teams or Slack. It is desgined for simple team and not for IT Professionals.

Souhil S.
  • Industry: Design

one of the best conferencing app's in the Market

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

Using a Google app is amazing especially when inviting people to join your meeting and you really don't need to explain anything to them because It's easy to use and a well-known app.
I really didn't have any problem with it and I know if I had any problem Google Support is there and they will fix my problem in just a few minutes and this will help me to save a lot of time.
Google Meet is an excellent option for small and big businesses and the price is great too compared to other apps.

Pros

It's very cheap because it comes with the Google G suit package and it's easy to use application with a friendly user interface.
I can share my screen, especially when explained or presenting something.
I can share any tips or files during the meeting with as many people as I want without any problem.
Google Meet allows me to invite anyone to the meeting using just their email address (Gmail) and I even can invite them using Google Calendar so simply I can schedule a meeting and put the email addresses and automatically they are invited.
Google security system is one of the best in the market and I really trust them when I use Google Meet because I feel safe using this app and I really don't have to worry when I share my files or host or join a meeting in general.
It's available for both android and IOS devices also, a chrome extension too so in this way, I can't find any problem when inviting people using different devices.
I can join the meeting just by phone without using my camera.
I can use other Google services with google meet because it's integrated with a lot of google apps like google docs, slides, sheets...etc.
The price is great because I have a small business and I don't need to spend a lot of money to have software like this.
Google support service is great and they have a lot of resources to help us understand the features and how to use them and they have a phone number available for us 24/7 so, I case I have any problem I will fix it just in a few minutes.

Cons

I can't access it on other browsers because Google allows us to use it only on google chrome as a chrome extension. and I hope they will add more browsers in the future like Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge...etc.

Anant M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Hangouts - What better way to work from home?

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Basically what we were looking for was a conferencing solution that was free and reliable. Working and presentations directly from home was also a big consideration. Hangouts successfully filled that space and has presented no reason to switch

Pros

- If used for video calling, it offers one of the highest quality video calling, this is in fact the most desirable feature of the application.
- All of this is for free which makes it extremely economical for the kind of quality it offers.
- I personally find that it is very easy to learn and that it gives you a quick option for chatting and video conferencing both personal and in groups.
- It also gives the facility of sharing multimedia files, emojis and stickers which makes its use in Business and Personal circles extremely lucrative.

Cons

- It requires a stable and high bandwidth to properly function and if you are in a situation where don't have either of these things the app simply won't work or it would work with a lots of disturbances which can be very disappointing at times.
- It doesn't provide you with the facility of seeing the status of your contacts whether or not they are available for conversation which makes it troublesome to use.
- You also can't search for a previous conversation or message particularly, you can't even delete messages individually, in case you want to delete one text, you will have to delete the entire chat.

Pat L.

Video Conference from Gmail

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

I use a variety of collaboration tools, but my regular go-to tool is meet.google.com. Also, since Google upgraded Hangouts to add a phone number option, it's become a possible to use with everyone, regardless of someone's firewall settings.

Pros

Hangouts Meet is already available from within Gmail. It's simple to add to a meeting invitation from Gcal or to launch for impromptu meetings from the G-Suite launchpad.

Cons

Many large organizations have firewall settings that block this tool. Also, Google definitely is no longer a privacy advocate, so be aware that your call.video is stored on one of their servers for their purposes. Finally, while this is all browser-based on Macs/PCs, it is a resource hog, but not as bad as Webex.

Stephen olawale J.

MESSAGING PLATFORM BEST FOR THE GOOGLE COMMUNITY

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

conversations on google hangout cannot be deleted or edited, that makes it to serve has a good record keeping platform for my organisation, in case i forget my past conversation i can search them out. Hangout has helped my organisation to save cost sourcing for other messaging platforms and i prefer it for instant messaging.

Pros

The fact that google hangout is well integrated for the google mail users and chrome users, makes me to prefer it.
I receive messages faster, easy to access and communicate with my colleagues at work, hangout makes working from home fun,chat on hangout are well organised and sorted in order, and also, it notify me when messages are sent,hangout offer the ability to create groups for friends or co workers,keeping track of people is made easy, we make video calls daily with clients and trainee , the screen sharing has been very helpful in training our real estate agent on digital marketing. i suggest for my organisation to use google product such as gmail, chrome and hangout, its a great community for easy communication, since they are all well integrated.
One other thing is that I can search for my conversations, in case i forget, the fact that messages cannot be deleted after it has been sent has being beneficial, for record keeping, thanks to google.

Cons

I observed that hangout is not keeping up with latest instant messaging features, that allows to send multimedia document easily, accessing, selecting and sending images while on conversation is not easy to access on gallery at ones,the video call functionality needs upgrade to allow more people to share video calls at ones, my organisation is out growing the hangout messaging platforms, we need to be able to send pdf files on hangout, but hangout still remain our choice because it keeps us integrated in the google community, since what cannot be sent through hangout could be sent via gmail.

Emilio H.
  • Industry: Information Services

Our default tool for working from home

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Our company has a very flexible work-from-home policy, which means that most of our meetings occur with someone joining via Hangouts. It's usually a very good experience, we share screen and work very much like we were sitting side by side. It's especially useful for working on a shared Google document, both reading and editing at the same time. We also use it with clients, who are increasingly adopting Google suite as their corporative tool for emails and documents. We've grown so used to this way of remote collaborations that we cringe when asked to use Skype and get office documents attached to emails.

I would definitely recommend Hangouts as a great tool for video meeting and collaboration, however I cannot vouch for it's performance with large quantity of attendants, we usually have no more than two or three people connecting remotely to Hangouts.

Pros

Simple, intuitive yet powerful. Simple chatting with co-workers has declined on Hangouts since we started using Slack, however, Hangouts remains our default tool for video calling and online conferencing. The best about it is that its easy to use, simply calling from the chat window, or, as we mostly use it, by creating a calendar event and joining from Hangouts. It usually works well, without delays, and we can screen share easily for remote co-working.

Cons

Its a bit connection intensive. If your connection is seeing a lot of use, then Hangouts might be a bit slow. We usually turn the camera off to save somw bandwidth, especially if we are screen sharing since we don't need to see each other anyway. Audio and shared screen is the usual way to work on Hangouts for us, and we do use it often. I'd say that over 80% of our company meetings have someone joining via Hangouts.

Aidan M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Google Hangouts Analysis

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Hangouts definitely has a lot of potential and the fact it can be downloaded on your phone is amazing because a lot of people have issues sending texts between Apple and Android devices. Perhaps, instead of having the hangouts extension open up a mini tab for hangouts, have it take you to the old official site instead? I liked the old site a lot better than the extension window that pops up. Overall, Hangouts is a great communications tool and should be used more than it is by the common person. Highly underrated.

Pros

For a computer communications piece of software, this feature is a very good addition to Google communications. I find it very helpful to be able to access google hangouts straight from your Gmail home screen, so you can see both emails and google chats at the same time. I also like how much quicker and easier it is to send messages that aren't very important and are not worth writing an actual email for. Another thing I loved was how when you linked a video from YouTube, the video title and thumbnail picture pop up as well. Very nice feature.

Cons

There are still a few flaws and setbacks when it comes to google hangouts. Sometimes when I try to copy and paste an image from another tab it won't load, or will just completely discard my image. I find this irritating when trying to send a co-worker an image for a presentation. Also, the hangouts extension available on the chrome web store needs some major work. You can't open it on some tabs, when you do get it to open it won't let you type or click on anything, and when I try to use the official site for google hangouts (not the Gmail inbox home screen) I can never seem to get to it and it won't load.

Mairina V.

The most optimal tool for personal and corporate communications.

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

The truth is that I have used many instant messaging tools, and this in particular is my favorite. I think it is very flexible and very well thought out for corporate environments where they can all be communicated in addition to the google suite.

My experience with this multiplatform solution has been very good, particularly my agenda is always full of meetings and in most of the time I have some document to present, and what gives me more value is that you can archive the conversations and calls to keep them synchronized on the cloud.

I recommend it to all users who wish to have communication under a platform that innovates every day.

Pros

What I like most about this powerful tool is its ease of use, with having a good internet connection you can make video calls from the comfort of your home or office. In particular, I make interactive presentations to clients through the Hangout.

You can configure the quality of the call to optimize your resources, that is, if you do not need to make a video or present a document you can optimize your bandwidth in a single click from the tool.

Cons

What I liked the least, however does not take away the value of this tool is that in the update to Hangouts meet, you can not incorporate a person to the call, you must send the link to join it. However, the chat is maintained and the interface is much better with this update.

There are some tips that I apply when I need to incorporate a contact to the audio, I make a group by hangout and from there I establish the video call and it shows me the old interface. I do not see it as a limitation, only that you are already accustomed to uniting a person at any time.

Nairoby D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

No Hangouts I do not work

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Hangouts for me is essential in day to day

Pros

A work day begins, with the login of my Gmail account and this allows me to use the Chat tool to keep me connected with the outside world.

When you work in an office and you can not use a telephone, the only tool that allows me talking to other people besides my co-workers is Hangouts, inside the things that I love this chat, is that I can block people with whom I do not want to talk, I can archive conversations, which is very useful when you used it to make work consultations with friends or colleagues, because, the important data I keep them in the conversations.

For me, a great advantage is not showing the date of the last connection or since I write, It is transparent to the receiver if I am from my pc or from the mobile.

With friends who are in other countries, the video calls are great and we can connect several people at
the same time.

Hangouts can be added as a browser extension and you appreciate if you have messages in a way discreet. You can keep conversations as pop-ups or integrated to mail.

Cons

With the previous version called Google Talk one could be placed as "Not available" and be connected
similarly without being visible to contacts. Now with Hangouts it is not possible.

There are workplaces in which, chat is restricted in internal networks, due to the use undue that is given, as to the time that people lose in a chat without performing the tasks that correspond, despite not being a disadvantage of the SW, should create something that allows be enabled despite any restrictions.

From Ubiquity to Obscurity

Reviewed on 2018/12/30

While Hangouts was groundbreaking software, its impending discontinuation makes it hard to recommend.

Pros

Hangouts was a ubiquitous Google service that was available every modern device, multiple software platforms, and offered numerous functions. On the web, hangouts was a dedicated application, web app, and integrated into other Google services. On mobile, the Hangouts application did just about everything the desktop versions of Hangouts was capable of.

Hangouts allowed for simple text messages and also voice and video calls supporting multiple members and screen sharing for free far before competitors like Skype or Oovoo did for free. This was multi and cross-platformed, meaning that people could communicate using any combination of computers, phones, or applications.

Hangouts, via Hangouts Caller, was one of the first services to offer free VoIP phone number to make calls and send messages to phones over the web. This meant that people could have a secondary number to use both on the computer and on the Hangouts app for texting and calling, so long as there was an available internet or data connection.

Hangouts was a groundbreaking service, setting a lot of "firsts" when it comes to multi-platform communication.

Cons

Google is discontinuing Hangouts in favor of developing newer software such as Messages, Duo, and Google Voice. These new programs will take on the functionality previously carried by
Hangouts. For example, Messages will take over the texting and messaging functionality on both mobile and web, and Duo will take on the video calling functions previously available in Hangouts.

Whether the split into these different apps and programs is preferable over having one unified app, the discontinuation of Hangouts as we know it now is a serious con when it comes to considering using Hangouts.

Barbara S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Safe way to instruct online

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

Google Meet improved their online meeting format over the weeks and I came to enjoy the ease of using it. I scheduled meetings in advanced and emailed my parents the special links that would give them access for those specified dates. I also liked the shared screen feature for several of my reading groups. Some days I had to share a book pages for my students when they did not yet have their next reading book or I used the share feature for online lessons and used the writing tool to write and mark the words as they read. Google Meet provided a safe instructional place for my students during distance learning.

Pros

Our school switched to Google Meet within 3 weeks of school being cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our tech team advised us of safety concerns with our other online virtual meeting platform and so we moved to Google for working with our PreK-8 students. Over the weeks, Google Meet definitely made some welcome improvements. I scheduled instructional meeting times to repeat over three weeks, using the calendar feature, and experience good audio and video during most of the "meetings". Students enjoyed seeing the speaker full screen - I used the "pin" feature when my first graders were reading aloud during our reading group time and observed the remaining students in the sidebar view. I also liked that I could send new invite emails directly from the meeting, just in case parents forgot about our scheduled meeting time.

Cons

At first, Google Meet did not offer a gallery view which I had come to expect after using the other online meeting platform. This option eventually changed. I did not like that my young students could join "early" online if I wasn't yet in the meeting. I thought it odd since my other students who joined after me had to be manually admitted by me. Safety was our number one priority for meeting with your students online and that was the only problem that I had with Google Meet.

Hangouts: The Best Video Recording/Streaming option for the price

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Overall, Hangouts was the program for us. Rival video chat and stream software used too much bandwidth or lacked the quality that Hangouts produced.

Pros

The Google products are the best available for the price. Hangouts is connected to Youtube, therefore you can stream and record directly to the video supersite. You can also stream events for those that cannot be there in person. We have been able to record and stream our morning devotionals with a sister campus daily with minimal glitches. Hangouts uses minimal bandwidth which has been great for certain area near us that do not have fast internet speeds.

Cons

The platform and dashboard are a little confusing. If the tech person was not around, other staff had trouble getting everything setup correctly. This is definitely for the technically inclined and the sound gurus.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Absolute Life Saver

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

I would highly recommend this over e-mail updates, texting, or GroupMe- the ease of use and quickness of messaging for this software is absolutely amazing!

Pros

The ease of use and quickness of messaging with this product is a life saver for the size of team we have. Something that I absolutely adore about this is that you can have multiple groups set up: for example, we have a super staff chat we can use that has over 40+ users in our department so we can quickly use that for meeting room change updates, or if we have a visitor on campus or a conference we can quickly update everybody. You can also have chats for smaller groups in immediate teams for example- we use smaller group chat settings to share things like interesting articles, road closures on campus, upcoming events, etc. I love that you can customize the group names, too, and add or remove users with ease, so it's super easy to update and maintain a clean user list :)

Cons

I have no complaints at all! Being able to customize things like text colors would be cool, but we do have limitations on what we can do as we are part of a larger university team. I do like that we can create groups with other department users as well (so for example, when we have walking groups or book club groups we can interact with other uses outside of our immediate school and department since they still have the university G-mail e-mail addresses.

Stefan K.

Google Hangouts/Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I use this app weekly, but its very easy and useful for chat with friends or family.

Pros

-Works on any operating system. On Android, iOS, and OS, Chrome is installed as a separate application (but can be launched through the browser). Thanks to this, you can start communicating on one device, continue on another and end on a third - all history will be saved on the server.
-Works in text chat, voice calls and video calls.
-Allows you to hold a video call with 2 to 25 participants.
-Hangouts On Air I can upload videos to an unlimited number of online viewers.
-Video uploads are in HD quality.
-It filters out background noise that allows the parties to hear better.
-Supports live desktop image transfer.
-Automatically posts video call entry to your YouTube channel.
-Integrated with the Calendar app, which allows you to schedule time to host web events as well as Gmail and Google+ mailboxes. On mobile devices - also with a phone book.
which reliably protects them from interceptions.
-When possible, it transmits video information through a direct peer-to-peer connection (from person to person, bypassing the Google server), which significantly improves the quality of communication, especially when transmitted over long distances and over weak channels.
-Lets you see who in the contact list is currently in a video conference, chatting to you, who has read (or has not read) your message.
-It can send messages to offline users.
-Contains a large set of sweet smiles.

Cons

-The service does not always display slideshows in full screen mode.
-No "invisible" status (If you're online - always visible to your contacts).
-The delay at the beginning of an online video is broadcast for more than 20 seconds (sometimes the audience perceives it as an unpleasant pause).
-The display shows a permanent Hangouts logo.
-In my humble opinion, the advantages still outweigh the disadvantages. For free access to such a set of functions, it is quite possible to accept them.

Mandeep J.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

One of the best communications software to be in touch with your peers and friends and...

Reviewed on 2018/11/10

Overall it has been a good experience for me using the Hangout. I am using this on regular basis on my PC and on my android phone and I can say this is really a one of the best software for communication with your loved ones.

Pros

I have been using this software since it's inception on Microsoft Windows and Android platforms. This is my primary way of communication when I need to get in touch with your friends and families. You can text, voice and even video call to the contacts you have in your contact list.
Best thing about this IM software is that any random person cannot bother you and only the contact you have in your list should be able to get in touch with you via text, voice and videos methods.
Apart from this the video picture quality of this software is very good and you can even have a video call even with low bandwidth network. Talking about voice quality, that too is very good and you never get echoes in the sound even with slow network. So overall I would say this is one of the best software for communication with the people you know and you love.

Cons

About con of this software, though I cannot think of many but one of the cons I would like to mention is its ability of provide many features such as the emoji collection is not up to the mark but again this is something that doesn't matter many so I think that was the only low point for me of this software.

Shamaas H.

Easy to share and high quality backgrounds

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

It helps for daily meetings and is a great product of the google suite

Pros

The features I like the most is the virtual background, it is great for meetings. Captioning is also very good since I can read words that I may miss. I also like the how we can divide people off the meeting.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow when using virtual background features. Fast connection is usually needed

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Nothing has torn me away from Google Hangouts yet!

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Despite some flaws and annoyances, nothing is quite as seamless in my everyday work life as Google Hangouts. It's especially be very easy to get our older staff on board and using it during this time of distancing. Something like Slack would've been harder for them to figure out, but the "onboarding" for Google Hangouts was a piece of cake in comparison.

Pros

I like the ease of chatting with colleagues (and friends) from within my primary email client. I appreciate the ease of communication it provides.

Cons

I hate having to always select the color of skin I want when I send a hand emoji over desktop (THREE clicks to send an emoji??). I also don't like that invitations to connect with someone on Hangouts are often lost in the shuffle. Then I have to text someone to invite me or text them that I invited them. Silly.

John N.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A high performance cloud communication tool with efficient features.

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

It allows me to stay connected and stay organized in my professional life , allowing me to have access and backup of all the conversations and records. Even when I don't have access to my phone, I can easily use the web portal and can have calls or chats.

We have already increased the productivity in our organization by forming groups which allows us to collaborate on projects and perform in a much efficient way.

Pros

Google Hangouts stands as one of the main tools for socializing and staying connected in our working environment. The most obvious thing that I like about this tool is that I can have access to it either on my computer or my mobile which allows me to stay connected and well versed with all of my professional colleagues. It also gets easily integrated with the Gmail allowing me to be more productive and gets easily connected with the friends and family. Google Hangouts is entirely free to use that's why it has gained so much user market within such a short time.

Cons

I would like to have few more improvements made in this tool which involves betterment in the video calling features on unstable network.

File sharing options should also be enhanced and improved in order to deliver and receive multimedia files in a more reliable way. I've also noticed few updates on long intervals which often ends up in setbacks as compared to other communication tools.

Raymond T.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great tool for global teams

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

We are a team of consultants who work onsite at client sites so this is an inexpensive alternative to travel and to have an office. Also our clients themselves are global companies so they expect us to be competent in this tool.

Pros

Anyone from anywhere can collaborate easily.
It is a feature of google calendar.

Cons

More location-based toll-free call-in numbers would be nice.

Tatenda C.

Google Hangouts Meet Review

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Its a decent app that will get the job done. If compared with the other applications out there like Skype and Zoom, google has a bit of work to do on this app. The user experience I believe can be a bit more compelling. Google needs to put more effort into refining this application which has soo much potential.

Pros

1) It has evolved a lot from the google chat we used to use. it has a modern feel to it which is similar to all the other modern day chat platforms around.
2) You can still access it via your Gmail account which means even when you are away from your mobile device you can still make use of it.
3) The android application is also a plus in that you can easily access the video chat platform from your phone.
4) It has remained simple and easy to use.
5) If you have more than one google account you can also switch inbetween them and it will allow you to video meet or chat with the chosen address. No need to login or out.
6) The video conference calling facility is a great addition and you can conduct meetings remotely.

Cons

1) Limited functionalities and options when chatting as compared to the other chat platforms.
2) It picks up on conversations from your Gmail account, no option to add or import contacts from a third party list. You are restricted to only gmail account users.
3) Meetings of 4 people and above tend to compromise the user experience of the system.
4) Videos tend to freeze and drop calls even when your connection is stable.
5) Sound and voice needs to be worked on. When wearing earphones or headphones the sound tends to be a bit too much even at its lowest and voice projection even when the connection is stable is also a cause for concern.

Rebeca S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

My "go-to" app for communication

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Pros

I love that when I need to communicate with my family and friends I can use Google Hangouts on my work computer without having my cellphone glued to my hand at work.
The video chat feature is awesome and there is absolutely no lag.
I also like the incorporation of the "status" feature as well as the location feature.
Google Hangouts is pretty much like Messenger (Facebook Messenger) with all the same features but Google Hangouts is better because stranger cannot contact you. Only the people you add can contact you. Lastly, I love how I can rely on Google Hangouts when my cell phone does not have service. As long as I can connect to wifi anywhere, I can use Google Hangouts to connect with my family and friends and that is extremely important to me.

Cons

Sometimes this app glitches when hanging up from a video call or making a video call.
The few times that this has happened when hanging up, the interface showed that I was still on the call and the time still counted down although the call was ended. This temporarily blocked anyone else from being able to call because it showed that I was still in another call. That's the only problem I've ever experienced, this app is still pretty amazing obviously because it didn't stop me from using it.

• Industry: Design

Love Hangouts!

Reviewed on 2020/02/02

The benefits of Hangouts are many.

I am able to have simultaneous conversations with a partner and client on a project without the back and forth of conventional email. It is easy to go back into the conversation history and see what topics have been discussed before.

I also like the fact that I can have private conversations with friends without going to my phone and getting bogged down with text messages.

Great for both professional and personal interactions.

Pros

As someone who receives so many emails every day, it is easy for me to lost emails. Hangouts are wonderful in that I am able to prioritize clients this way to address any needs that may arise in a timely manner. If the client were to email me, I may miss it or may accidentally delete it. With Hangouts, you have to manually delete the conversations yourself so the issue of accidents is irrelevant.

With clients, I can send links to my Dropbox, Google Drive, etc and I feel more secure using this instead of relying on email that sometimes gets lost in Spam folders.

Cons

The only thing that I really dislike about Hangouts is the inability to delete contacts. I have to hide or block the party from my contact list and then go into my contact list and delete the individual from there. It would just be easier if I could simply hit "delete" for both functions and then be done with it.

Carlos L.

Communication has never been so easy! Calls, Chat, Vidoeconferences, work or fun, all in one

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

Continuous and easy communication with my family, friends and colleagues. Also, I have even been able to make video conferences to teach my classes when I am traveling.

Pros

Google Hangouts has it all. I started using it years ago, in the professional field, when it appeared as the Gmail chat tool. Later I incorporated it into my cell phone, and today I maintain continuous communication with all my gmail contacts in an entertaining interface that allows me to create groups of chats, make video calls and videoconferences between several participants.
My experience with this app has been so good that the day I defended my doctoral thesis, I used google hangouts to make a videoconference in real time, in which my juries (who were in three different countries) participated.
Also hangouts is very light and works at an incredible speed. It is perfect in cases where there is no quality internet service.
Its friendly interface, its multiple options, the possibility of sharing files, the emojis, and other elements make it very versatile. what allows to be used by a large group of people.
It is suitable for offices, schools, universities and groups of friends!

Cons

I'm really happy with hangouts. I consider that it satisfies all my expectations about an instant messaging and communication app.