Showing 607 reviews of 587

Whova

Cloud-based event management and marketing platform

Showing 607 reviews of 587
Kellie G.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Whova for a Virtual Event Win!

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

With six weeks to go for a virtual 4-day conference, Whova met all the requirements we were looking for in a virtual conference experience for both the organization and the attendees. The price point was ideal for a small organization, and their a la cart pricing helps keep within any budget.

It was a very successful event for the organization and discussion is to have some virtual option moving forward, even if we still hold an in-person event.

Pros

A Small non-profit I work with moved their in-person event to virtual event for 2020. With 6 weeks until the event start in September, a decision was made to move it to a more robust option allowing for sponsor interaction. Whova came through for us in many ways - financially, user-friendly for both back end and attendee end, integration with already existing registration platform - RegFox, Zoom interface, meeting rooms, session surveys and robust reporting.

Any issues we had and sent support emails were addressed in a timely manner.

They offer several help documents and videos to walk you through various set-up and troubleshooting.

Cons

Be aware that Whova has their own drip-campaign of emails they send to those attending your event. We were not aware of these prior to them sending, and it cause a bit of confusion and frustration on our end. We are not able to see in advance nor edit those emails, which also contained information not pertinent to our virtual event. We did address this with our sales person in our post-event meeting, and this is an issue they are aware of and addressing.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A must have tool for event organisers

Reviewed on 2019/12/24

The app is optimized for business events (were no abstract handling is required), however, we used it successfully to manage our attendees in a small scientific conference. We loved checking in our attendees ultra-fast, posting last-minute changes and useful information in the app and share event photos. It helped a lot in creating the name badges (maybe could consider a certificate feature according to the registration category as well?). As organizers, we would prefer a bit more flexibility and one cost for all the features, however, all of our participants loved the application and we received very positive feedback from them

Pros

The QR code attendee check-in is probably the highlight of Whova's features. It checks in the attendees a matter of seconds, skipping the long lines in the registration counters. The updated version of Whova includes features that can be used directly to the event's website (e.g. Agenda webpage). Great customer service experience with online training on how to use the app.

Cons

Several features require in-app purchases and purchases per-use (e.g the paid tickets or the sponsors' features). This may be a struggle for small events (less than 500 participants) who need to have an idea of the overall cost in advance. As a customer, I would greatly appreciate the flexibility to rename and create new or delete categories in all the fields of the event content, as well as flexibility to include the same person under two or three attendee categories (organizers, volunteers, speaker, secretariat) as the posts are normally shared among a small group of people who assist in the organization. Lastly, even though it is helpful attendees to register via facebook many of them use nicknames which ends up printing wrong badges. I have not used the app as an attendee, so I suggest to offer an option to register via LinkedIn, Academia or other professional websites, inform that the name used should be the same one used during registration and that will be printed in the name badge requesting their approval.

F. nicholas S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Great event app for users!!!

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

I have attended several virtual conferences since the pandemic started but my recent experience with Whova was leaps and bounds above all of the other conferences that I have attended. It was easy to use and I felt very engaged with my fellow attendees. As an exhibitor, I got to really engage with attendees, which was really nice.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes I found that notifications that I looked at on the website version still showed up in the app on my phone/iPad as unread and were not always easy to find but that was a minor issue for us.

Lynden M.

Whoa! Whova

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

I have begun to connect with like minded people and work on a Virtual Reality project to build an application for many programs.

Pros

I attended the Kaltura 2020 Connect conference in New Orleans, LA. and Whova is the first interactive application I have been introduce to at a conference. The Kaltura team kept all of the attendees engaged in every event that was going on prior to the conference and throughout the 3 days using Whova. I realized how powerful Whova was when I found myself lock in to the application day after day. Need to say, Whova gave me access to so many attendees from around the world. On the application we were able to set up connect meeting to discuss common interests, share rides, discuss new technologies, etc. Whova provided you your daily agenda along with reminders on your phone, iPad, computer, smart watch, and pop ups from other attendees. Something I found uniques was it allows you to take notes for every event, meet ups, and you can provide real time feedback. I find feedback extremely important for growth. No matter what industry you are in, this application I highly recommend to increase innovation and productivity.

Cons

The only thing I can say disappointing about this software is that I was not exposed to it first.

Zaf C.

If you have Whova Conference is very easy and effective!

Reviewed on 2020/10/24

Pros

This app helped me a lot in the meeting. The best meeting app I've seen so far. I liked being able to easily create calendars, connect with people, scan business cards. It was VERY helpful to have photos of people also in the participants section. I managed to connect with many people with this simple plugin. Actually, I still use it to connect with people! Whova has significantly changed my experience at the conference and I will always strongly recommend this to anyone attending a conference.

Cons

I only think good things about this software, I haven't had a bad experience.

Kathy B.

Exceptional Value!

Reviewed on 2017/03/31

The WHOVA app provided a wonderful user experience for our delegates. It made it easy for our delegates to connect with other attendees and speakers, share contact information, and be informed about all the event logistics and details. As the organizer of the event, the app had the perfect combination of "ready-made" options with the ability to customize and personalize. I found it extremely intuitive to use. When I did have a question, the online customer service was amazing. Overall the WHOVA app was a great value and contributed to the success of our event.

Pros

Easy to use-ready made templates made it easy to customize and upload information.
Exceptional Customer Service-online chat was prompt and very helpful

Response from Whova

We are happy to know that you like our Whova app. Thanks for the feedback, and we will keep you updated with new features coming soon!

Gina T.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Whova App is Best for Professional Development

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Several of our professional development circles have previously provided printed schedules, agendas, and course descriptions, which make for a lot of material to take home after a conference. With the Whova app, all of that information is now stored online which is so much easier for a traveler.

Pros

The Whova mobile app made it easy for me to select PD sessions, take notes, and organize my thoughts while the desktop app afforded me the opportunity to immediately download materials and snip and save images. I do appreciate that Whova emailed me a copy of all of the notes I'd taken in each of my PD sessions. I also like that the information stays on my account even after the session is over. I can still see last year's pics and notes from another PD session!

Cons

Not sure how things download from my mobile device, but the desktop app is great for saving information.

Neisha P.

Way to go Whova

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

This app was good to have to help me interact with others at the Convention, too bad one it over its over. I wasn't able to access the information like photos after the conference had been over for a while.

Pros

I found this software very helpful in keeping up the events at the Phi Theta Kapp National Convention. There were thousands of people and so many events it was overwhelming at times. I liked how the software helps you meet others at the convention, displays photos of events and there is ecen a messaging feature.

Cons

The only drawback I had using this software was trying to find an log onto the PTK Convention in the first place. It has been a year so maybe that issue was fixed. You had to wait and get a code to join the Convention, maybe PTK could have sent the code with the confirmation emails or something.

Nicole S.
  • Industry: Events Services

Our Top Choice

Reviewed on 2020/12/19

Their customer service is always incredible. I cannot get over the high quality service we consistently receive on the shows we use their platform with. We would recommend Whova to others.

Pros

Whova is one of the most user-friendly, customer-service positive companies we've worked with in the last five years. We had previously used them with clients on-site at live events, and the last two years they have been our primary platform for virtual conferences / hybrid events. Their platform has a step-by-step process to set up and while it's robust, it's laid out very well for anyone to dive right into designing their own virtual event platform without breaking the bank.

Cons

Their desktop version is very disappointing. Since it was built to be an in-person event app, it's only natural their mobile app has a better user interface. We have a lot of clients that are looking for a more desktop friendly version of Whova in the future.

Ilissa M.
  • Industry: Wireless

Straightforward, affordable and flexible Event engagement App

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Whova's team is attentive, always innovating and updating their capabilities, they listen and address concerns quickly and effectively. Our event loved the app and we love the Whova team.

Pros

The Whova app is very straightforward to use, they provide all of the embed links and capabilities to make it look like you're own powered by a simple to use back-end experience. It's flexible in the way you use and deploy it and is affordable.

Cons

Some of the search capabilities to highlight top sponsors and provide a tiered level view of support can be worked on and the streaming view is good for traditional videos, engaging with Zoom is not as strong.

Michael B.

Fantastic Event Program Platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

In our experience this has been the best platform to use for our conference planning and events, in our case our main event has between 200-300 attendees. Highly recommend its use, no matter what the size of your event is.

Pros

Whova is simple to use and comes with an incredible amount of detailed customizations and abilities to fit any event needs. Love the ease of communicating with other people taking part of the app. Easy to structure the layout and overall accessibility is great.

Cons

Can take a little bit of time to get used to the layout, but this isn't necessarily a negative, simply something that comes with any type of interface like this. However, some might consider it a steeper learning curve.

Travis M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Whova makes networking more accessible and friendly

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Networking, as described above. Making new professional connections comes with a special breed of anxiety, and this app made networking more friendly by connecting those with similar interests (meet-ups, community topic chats), spreading important news more effectively (organizer announcements, meet-up reminders) and providing basic information of who's who at the conference. It also seemed to bring out the more real side of people by welcoming less-formal communication (photos, interesting chats). I also made use of the business card scanner.

Pros

In a nutshell, it made networking more accessible.
Allowed me to connect with peers prior to conference and begin conversations or facilitate meet-ups. During the conference, allowed for playful and useful communication. I did not need to already have the contact information of conference-goers or struggle to locate the person I wanted to meet. Also allowed me to do a quick "background research" on the people I met (or was about to meet).
As a side note, the points system was an effective incentive for me, and also some people recognized me in person specifically because of my leader board standing.

Cons

Can't think of anything. I was pleasantly surprised by the utility of the app.

Marianne G.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Whova makes event planning, management and attendance a breeze!

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Seamless, easy to use, friendly, excellent!

Pros

Whova is seamless to use, whether web based or the app. You create an account and once logged into Whova you simply find your event. The layout is smart and easy. You can see the overall agenda, or create your own agenda depending on the conference event you choose to attend. You can see the bios of presenters and see who is attending, and communicate with attendees! Talk about catching up with colleagues you have been out of touch with! Presenters can also upload copies of their presentations to Whova for attendees to review and download.

Cons

This is a US product and all identifiable data is housed in the US or elsewhere. So if you are in a country with strict privacy regulations, make sure you read the privacy disclaimer on Whova.

Tom G.

First time user's thoughts

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

very good

Pros

I liked scanning other attendants profiles.

Cons

I'm pretty new to Zoom conferences, and I was having trouble figuring out how to go to different Zoom rooms and back for the breakout sessions and I missed a few that I wanted to attend. I t could easily be my technophobia.

I don't see how to get emails outside of Whova. Apparently I have to log in in order to email someone back unless they give me their personal email address in a Whova text.

Tom Goren

Ian C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Whova sets the bar high for conference hosting

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

I have attended several video conferences this year and Whova was the only one that worked without any hitches.

Pros

Whether there 10 people online or 300, the web platform and phone app just worked flawlessly, no pausing, no error messages, no reconnecting. It worked the way you expected all the time no matter the volume of people. The features were fantastic, live presentations, calendar (agenda), attendees, chat room, social events with smaller breakout groups, pictures, documents, polls, speaker bios...its all there.

Cons

some features are on the phone that you can't see on the web app.

Hannah S.

Great for Sharing Programs/Agenda at a Large Event

Reviewed on 2020/01/05

It has been awesome! I use the app to stay in contact with colleagues after events and for networking purposes.

Pros

This is a FREE app that is great to use at conferences. Attendees can browse the schedule, abstracts, events without lugging around a program book. You can easily add events to your calendar, chat with other event attendees, and the best part is you can stay active on the app even after the event has ended.

Cons

It requires you to download an app, which some people are not keen on.

Becky H.

This is THE App for Events and Conferences

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

This application is genius and its features are outstanding!

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Great features like personalized agendas, message sharing, job posting, event and speaker descriptions, and access to presentations that are posted to the community after the event.

Cons

I didn't need reminders about job postings through the application. There needs to be an opt out option for these reminders.

Kelli W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

1st Virtual Legal Conference for Continuing Education

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

The only time I have used Whova is during the Oklahoma Judicial Conference on Children. It was super easy to use and I would recommend it for anyone.

Pros

I enjoyed the ease with which you could attend a conference virtually that was not on Zoom, BlueJeans, or Skype. You could access the PowerPoint presentations and/or other documents at all times, you could listen to the speaker, see them and almost feel as if you were there in person because you could type your questions and the moderator would ask the question for you.

Cons

The only issue that I had was getting the App to download. I have an HP laptop (2020) and for whatever reason, I always had to access the program via the link sent in my email for the program. It downloaded to my iphone just fine. I am sure it was user error because even though I had to access through my email via the webapp, it was super easy.

David W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Handy guide to what’s interesting and where to be.

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Pros

Ease of use, at a glance agenda page which can be personalised.

Cons

The ‘connecting with colleagues’ feature. We are in the same meeting, I’m happy to meet and mingle personally.

May K.

Arab Affiliate Summit 2018, with Whova we rocked

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

Pros

The app was very user friendly, very encouraging for people to use, we loved the community part, it actually gave our audience a space to cover over all experience, to engage more, even to create new topics to talk about, the app helped us enrich and serve our community, each other part was quite amazing.

Whova team was very supportive from day 1 till fishing of our event

Cons

I loved over all experience , nothing to talk about in this part.

Valamere M.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Whova, easy to use event scheduling tool!

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Overall, my experience with Whova was great! I liked the ability to connect with attendees via the app. Also, I really enjoyed the notification updates received whenever there was any changes at the event.

Pros

I like that Whova easily syncs with LinkedIn. This made connecting to attendees and speakers so much easier. For this reason, you can see a link to their LinkedIn profile, if they synced it to the app. I love this because you do not have to hassle with getting a business card, but just click their name and LinkedIn profile through Whova!

Cons

Unfortunately, the app does not retain the discussions, comments, notes or valuable information about event presentations / sessions. Therefore, you would have to immediately copy over anything you want to keep to a different application before the event ends. After the event ends the app dumps the information.

Denise W.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Whova made the conference easy!

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

I used Whova strictly for a conference I was attending.

Pros

I could create my own track, then it was really easy to check my own schedule.

Cons

I don't have anything that is on my least like list. I don't have enough experience to make a judgement.

Theo V.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Extremely handy app

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

Pros

Total overview and reminders. Good for making appointments and own appointments. Meeting other people.

Cons

In the overview i missed necessary info on the contents of the events. Only the title and the venue was mentioned.