Time Matters

Practice management solution for legal firms

L.d. M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Works Great at Office but Lacks in Mobile & Outside Office Abilities.

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

Overall I absolutely think that Time Matters delivers a wonderful product with tons of great features that are useful for everyone from Paralegals to Attorneys. The problem is nowadays it is not convenient or practical to only work in one's office or during regular business hours Mon - Fri, which means that other than with the limited online access I cannot utilize any of the terrific features without being at my computer in the office. And even with TM Mobility, while a huge help, is nothing more than remote access some docs, calendar viewing and to do tasks. This is definitely a huge shortcoming of the legal software and given how expensive it is there needs to be a serious expansion of features that can be accessed remotely and synced with mobile devices. I still give TM Four Stars because it is a very in-depth program but the fact I'm having to seek out additional software vendors because TM is woefully lacking in some crucial areas should give Lexis concern for future clients. I recommend this program still but have to ensure the (current) ways in which it fails completely / falls short.

Pros

File Specific Features allowing a wide range of possibilities with every case matter opened.

Cons

No way to work from home or out of the office. Even the (limited) mobile access is woefully lacking in functional features. Not saying I expect the ease and integration of programs like Clio but there practically nothing at this moment.

Naomi M.

Not working for us

Reviewed on 2021/03/30

I started using Time Matters in 2007 and it seemed cutting edge, but as time went on the product did not seem to keep up wit the ever changing legal field.

Pros

I liked that we were able to create templates based on case type as well as client templates based on the type of client.

Cons

The billing functions were antiquated, as was the ability to create client mailing and email lists.

Vanessa H.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Not Recommended

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

Pros

I liked the ability to maintain templates for frequent documents.

Cons

The software is too slow. It takes forever to open documents and difficult to search archived clients and difficult to save documents into archived files.

William N.
  • Industry: Law Practice

It was great, but now it's obsolete

Reviewed on 2021/03/31

Pros

Customizable to suit our needs. Provides basic client management capability.

Cons

The software needs to be available as a cloud based platform. Clients expect a portal option, but Time Matters does not have that functionality.

Andrea B.

Don't waste your time

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

Pros

What do I like most about Time Matters? The fact that we don't use it anymore.

Cons

The program was extremely outdated, it's not aesthetically pleasing, it freezes up, you need to add plug-ins to your word our outlook to be able to save things into the program, you cannot access it from home or your computer which we found to be a huge problem in the pandemic.

Norma R.

Efficient

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

Complicated at first then easy enough.

Pros

After working with it for a while it becomes easier to use .

Cons

Not as user-friendly at first. things are hard to locate at first.

Rebeca S.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Nice Software

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

I am enjoying Time Matters. Overall I think it is a great software that helps me daily to keep track of my cases and clients.

Pros

I like the fact that I can merge my documents from Microsoft World in a very efficient way.

Cons

I just wish time matters was faster. It gets really slow sometimes.

Kimberly I.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Not Liking Time Matters

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

Not pleased

Pros

The tabs were easily identified and there were a lot of choices of ways to use it.

Cons

Trying to get any help was awful and always a foreign person you can't understand!

Mark a. S.

User since 1998; the merge processing features are the best out there, true relational database

Reviewed on 2017/12/23

Pros

As a long time computer user with 10 gig of forms and a general rural practice that covers most areas of law for small firms, the merge into templates is foundational to our practice. The calendar, separate matter and contact database with many to many relationships makes it possible to relate and connect important things. Customization of field names, visual record forms is superb. As a solo, we have huge contact database that allows for searches and organization. The sort select tabs allow you to organize by practice area. While having pre set codes and categories, you have the freedom to tailor the system to work the way you want.
The customer support is beyond incredible, and they will take the time to get it right with you -- even escalating to a 2d level engineer if needed.
The ability to go contact by contact, matter by matter, and then inside find the related data is huge. It also has a teaching and training history and materials that stand far above competitors. I have looked at other programs and find them to be "newbies" without the depth and sophistication of TM, that we rely on. I cannot forsee a transition out of TM to any other program that would work as well as it does TM has become my primary resource of my personal and business life, capturing and storing information that is accessible.

Cons

There is a learning curve. The sql database and search is slow compared to google. The integration with outlook will crash sometimes, requiring exiting both programs. We also have intermittent document merge crashes in Word Perfect that fix themselves after exiting both programs. Sometimes the conflict search is a bit slow.
These are minor compared to everything else that works well.

Karima K.

Just Okay

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

Pros

Easy on the eyes. I like the overall appearance of the software .

Cons

It took multiple steps to get to one thing.