Showing 49 reviews of 37

Showing 49 reviews of 37
Carol N.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Product doesn't work when computer sleeps

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Great idea; poor execution.

Pros

I like the idea of accessing my office computer when traveling.

Cons

Remote PC does not work when the home computer is "sleeping" which I believe is the default for most computers. Someone from Remotepc helped me configure the application when I purchased it. They were very helpful but forgot this important fact. It would have been nice for someone to tell me this at the outset. I have called at least 4 times while on business trips with the complaint that I am not able to access my office computer. NO ONE suggested that I need to disable the "sleep" mode until today. I am very angry that this was not explained up front or on any of the prior calls. While I paid a reduced "trial" fee, it was an entire waste of money.

• Industry: Accounting

RemotePC allows me to work remotely on client machines

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

I'm an account and need to access my client's accounting records. Some clients use software that isn't online, so I set up a remote connection to their machine. This allows me to access their machine when I need to. This has saved me so much time because I don't have to travel to their location.

Pros

RemotePC gives me the ability to have attended and/or unattended access to client machines (Mac or PC). This is so helpful as I don't have to spend time traveling to a client and I can work late at night or early in the morning.

Cons

Nothing that I've seen yet. It's super simple and does what it should; allows remote access to machines.

Susan C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Remote Access

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

Switched to this platform shortly before the pandemic and it has been invaluable.

Pros

The product is very easy to install and use. It is reliable to access and requires very little maintenance.

Cons

You can not set up different accounts on the same PC. If the computer allows different users, software should as well,

Richard R.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

no remote printing??

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Very poor. I can only assume that most people have no need for remote printing.

Pros

really cheap remote connection. Much cheaper than Logmein (whose remote printing works fine)

Cons

Printing does not work. I have made enumerous calls to support (always foreign) and had a log in by the "development team." They don't have the slightest idea how to do this. In the instructions it just says choose RemotePC printer and print. (and it may not work if the remote printer is not "configured". They do not explain anywhere what they mean by "configured" nor how to configure it. Very poor FAQ.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Feature-Rich Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/14

RemotePC is our go-to when it comes to sessions that are beyond just basic tech support. We can use it not only to provide support, but also to help clients learn specific software techniques, etc. And being able to offer clients recordings of the remote session is like being able to give them a review whenever they need it.

Pros

RemotePC has tons of features. This is one of the reasons we like it. Not only can we provide remote support, but we can also record that remote session and use it later on if we need to refer back to it. We can provide support from just about any internet-connected device, including iPhones and Android devices.

Cons

The only con, if you can call it that, is the fact that so many features take time to learn. But once we realized the potential of the different features, and started implementing them, it started becoming easier and easier to learn them and put them to use.

Very good remote access application.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Being able to connect remotely to any computer and transfer files between desks.

Pros

Very economical application, which has good tools such as file transfer between remote and local desktops.

Cons

When I'm going to connect to a computer remotely, it takes a lot to be able to take remote access to any desktop.

Lorna H.

Best Support Ever

Reviewed on 2021/02/19

Fantastic.

Pros

As a senior citizen and not very tech savvy, this software was easy to use. However I did mess up on the installation but the chat support was 100% and talked me through correcting my mistake.

Cons

Nothing as yet, so far so good. I have found it very easy to use and the chat support excellent.

Adam S.

Works Well

Reviewed on 2020/08/26

Overall it works great and has been an improvement over what we used previously.

Pros

It makes it easy to remote into a workstation. Works like it should and does exactly what it needs to do each day.

Cons

Sometimes it opens up multiple connections to the same computer and you have to close out of the duplicates.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great way to access computer anywhere

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

A nice product that make remoting in to the office easy to do.

Pros

It is a cost effective way to be able to access the office from anywhere. Also great to use to help client's with tech issues and data entry directly to their machine.

Cons

For non sophisticated users there still are issues getting it installed and working. Price can be higher when not purchased on sale if you need alot of users.

John L.

easy access from anywhere with your smart phone

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Now I do not need to run back to the office to look up anything or get work done from anywhere.

Pros

easy setup and controls - straight forward interface, but best of all is the cost.

Cons

Nothing - love this product - it allows me to do what it need to do from anywhere.

Mark M.
  • Industry: Media Production

Unstable POS

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

Access to computer that is 30 miles away, because I can not afford Team Viewer.

Pros

Cheap. The pricing is economical compared to competitors, but there's a reason.

Cons

Connection is horribly unstable. Disconnects every 2 minutes (I timed it) and customer service cannot find the problem. Clicking anywhere on the windows changes the size of the window to some weird size so you have to drag it back out. No setting to scale the window. Did I say HORRIBLY UNSTABLE CONNECTION?

Tapesh B.

Connect PC With Mobile

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

Pros

Mobile Connectivity with PC is the best thing , there is no interruption and everything is browse smoothly

Cons

There should be some voice part like if someone wants to talks after giving access then users can do

Farhan Q.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

RemotePC for quick software support

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Pros

The software comes with an option of providing and utilizing one time access. This is a very useful features as in most of the cases our customers need support once in a while and they do not have to be charged for this. If you are a small business, this product is a very good value for the money spent.

Cons

Compared to teamviewer and go to assist, this software is slightly slow and lags a bit.

Tabby P.
  • Industry: Design

Unpredictable functionality

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Frustrating.

Pros

Price. Ease of use and the first 15-30 minutes seems ok. Setup is also easy.

Cons

I use a Mac platform-updated to latest always. I use Indesign. After about 15-30 minutes of use, the functionality changes. Sometimes I can click on a box to select it and deselect. sometimes that same action just keeps selecting boxes--text, images, etc. sometimes I can "save-as" for a document, sometimes I cannot even type the name of the new document into the "save as" field. Literally a crap shoot what starts not working first. Often have to either restart Remote PC, the connected computer, or the computer I'm connected from. It could not be more frustrating and customer service before this was not all that quick. Now with the virus... I may never hear from them.

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

Does exactly what it should. I used to use this software in tech support. I really liked that you can use this without having to download any software.

Cons

It didn't always work right away or was difficult to get the person on the other side of the phone connected.

Maor L.

Stay away from this company

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

Stay away from this company!!!! Cheap services and the worst customer service I have seen. They just canceled my account and deactivated 40 computers without even telling me. Now, I need to redo all this work and customer service team said they can't do anything and they don't really care. Shame.

Pros

Cheap services if you need something to access

Cons

Customer Services is the worst.
Features sucks
Computers appear in the web portal but not on the desktop app.

Remote PC

Reviewed on 2020/07/17

Overall, our experience is sufficient. It does what we need. I just hate that there is only one user available...I don't need 10.... I need two users and that's not an option.

Pros

I like that I can access my work pc from home. It allows me to work from another location or help troubleshoot issues for the new hire.

Cons

There aren't many instructions to get started. We wanted two users and I can't see how to do that. For now it is suitable.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Managing any computer with remotePc is easy.

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

It is good tool when it comes to data sharing or screen sharing. Remotepc is very simple and easy to use. Anyone can easily connect to other computers easily.

Cons

The problem I found is that the software is less popular as compared to the Team viewer and other persons does not have the remotepc installed on their computers. Otherwise its cool.

Milena G.
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Good, can`t think of other apps that are better for this purpose

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

Pros

It helped me a lot in an emergency, also good when working remotely.

Cons

Nothing specifically, but also there was no need to use it frequently.

Shivam K.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Software is Good But need some Imporvements

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

Best expirence to use but it need to fix problem of Auto Disconnect issue :)

Pros

His feature called realtime chat if you are in team so i will suggest you to use this software this is good software

Cons

may its need some Video conferencing and Audio conferencing these two feature are missing and some technical issues in software some time its auto disconnect i dont know whats going in this software so may it s need to fix it

Kevin K.

Remote working made possible for everyone

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

In the short time that we had to switch our co-workers to allow them to work remotely at home, RemotePC really became a clutch tool since we were able to deploy it fast, and also because it had such a low learning curve, people who wasn't so computer savvy were able to work seemlessly.

Pros

We were pleasantly surprised on how easy it was to deploy this software to all of our users when we had to switch to a remotely operated work environment. Even people who weren't pro computer users, were able to easily login and start controlling their work PCs at home.

Cons

If there was a drawback, I would say the speed, but this is the problem with all remote desktop softwares. With RemotePC, you can at lease control it in a way so that you can slightly reduce the visual quality if you need the boost of speed.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

We use this software for one client.

Reviewed on 2019/11/09

It has been ok, lacking features but it gets me on the computers.

Pros

This product is ok, the remote is clear and the software is mostly stable unless someone closes the app.

Cons

I don't like that I cant see deeper into the machines, User names PC specs, how long a computer has been down for... Etc.