OneSignal

Maximize Engagement. Minimize churn.

Juanito
Juanito

I use it for my website push notifications

Reviewed on 2021/08/20

Pros

I use it to integrate push notifications on my website, I love that I can configure it for desktop notifications and also for mobile devices. It is easy to use and integrate it with my web applications. Their pricing plans are very accessible, and their free plan is great, it allows you unlimited subscribers up to 10,000 recipients per message.

Cons

I can't find something I really don't like about OneSignal, it is the # 1 Push Notification Platform.

Markus

My honest Review about OneSignal

Reviewed on 2023/04/12

My experience with OneSignal has been nothing short of exceptional. As a business owner, I was looking for a comprehensive solution to manage notifications and communicate effectively with my users, and OneSignal has delivered beyond my expectations.OneSignal offers a wide range of notification types, including web push notifications, mobile push notifications, and email notifications, making it easy for me to reach my users across different devices and platforms. The platform is user-friendly and provides a seamless interface to set up and customize notifications to match my brand's style and preferences.The advanced targeting options in OneSignal have been a game-changer for me. I can easily segment my audience based on various criteria such as location, language, interests, and more, allowing me to send highly relevant and personalized notifications. This has resulted in improved engagement and retention rates, and ultimately, better communication with my users.Automation is another standout feature of OneSignal. I can set up automated notifications triggered by user actions, time-based events, or RSS feeds, saving me time and effort in manual notification management. This has allowed me to streamline my communication workflow and ensure timely notifications to my users.OneSignal also provides basic analytics and reporting tools that give me insights into the performance of my notifications. I can track open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates, which h

Pros

OneSignal is a remarkable notification platform that has truly impressed me with its outstanding features and capabilities. As a business owner, I've been using OneSignal for quite some time, and I must say, it has become an invaluable tool for my marketing efforts.What I liked most about OneSignal is its versatility and ease of use. The platform offers a wide range of notification types, including web push notifications, mobile push notifications, and email notifications, allowing me to reach my users across different devices and platforms. The intuitive interface makes it a breeze to set up and customize notifications according to my brand's style and preferences.OneSignal also provides advanced targeting options, allowing me to segment my audience based on various criteria such as location, language, interests, and more. This helps me deliver highly relevant and personalized notifications to my users, resulting in better engagement and retention rates.Another standout feature of OneSignal is its automation capabilities. The platform supports automated notifications triggered by events such as user actions, time-based triggers, and RSS feeds. This has saved me a lot of time and effort in manual notification management, allowing me to focus on other important aspects of my business.Furthermore, OneSignal offers comprehensive analytics and reporting tools that provide valuable insights into the performance of my notifications. I can track open rates, click-through rat

Cons

OneSignal is a feature-rich and powerful notification platform that has helped me streamline my marketing efforts. However, there are a few areas where I found room for improvement.One thing I liked least about OneSignal is the pricing structure. While the platform offers a free plan with basic features, some of the more advanced features, such as custom branding and advanced targeting options, are only available in the paid plans. As a small business owner, I found the pricing to be slightly on the higher side, especially when compared to other similar platforms in the market.Another drawback I encountered is the lack of a built-in A/B testing feature. A/B testing is an essential part of optimizing notification campaigns, and I found it inconvenient to manually set up separate notifications for testing purposes. It would have been more convenient if OneSignal had a dedicated A/B testing feature to help me easily test and optimize my notifications.Additionally, while the interface is generally user-friendly, I found some parts of the platform to be a bit complex, especially when setting up advanced targeting options. It required a bit of trial and error to fully understand and utilize these features effectively. Some additional documentation or tutorials on these advanced features would be helpful for users who are new to notification marketing.Lastly, I noticed that the reporting and analytics features could be more detailed. While OneSignal provides basic analytics,

Baikuntha
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very solid Product

Reviewed on 2022/03/27

Pros

Since using OneSignal for my push notification needs, I have not looked back. Integration with OneSignal is simple and straight forward. I can send push notification to all my app and website users. It is definitely a product I would recommend.

Cons

There are no complaints regarding the software's functionality and reliability. However, the price could be a bit more affordable.

Hannes

Great to get started but expensive if you want to use all features

Reviewed on 2020/09/14

Push integration for small-medium projects are easily done and quickly integrated. Helps getting started and reduces development time.

Pros

It's really easy to set up push notifications for small projects with limited requirements. Implementation of the SDK is also well documented and done within 1-2 hours.

Cons

Recently they reduced features and push you to move to the paid plan (e.g. limited amount of segments, GDPR compliance only for paid users). This had a huge impact and pricing for apps with lots of active users get's expensive quickly.

Braze

Reasons for Switching to OneSignal

Back when we decided to use OneSignal the integration of push notifications into an app project was quite difficult. OneSignal was one of the first free solutions that reduced development time significantly.
Aviv
  • Industry: Entertainment

essential tool

Reviewed on 2023/10/03

overall good

overall good

Pros

OneSignal presents an effective solution for businesses and developers looking to engage their user base through push notifications, in-app messaging, and email marketing. The platform is appreciated for its ease of use, allowing even those with limited technical expertise to set up and manage campaigns. The dashboard is intuitive, providing a clear overview of campaign performance and user analytics, which is crucial for making data-driven decisions.

Cons

Customer Support: Although there's a community for support, the responsiveness and helpfulness of the official customer support have been pointed out as areas for improvement by some users.

Braze and Pushwoosh

test

A Reliable Push Notification Solution

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

OneSignal is the best free push notification solution available. I tried a competitor’s product before switching to OneSignal, and OneSignal has been so much more reliable.

Pros

We use OneSignal push notifications to alerts to our readers about breaking stories. OneSignal is reliable and delivers notifications within moments after we publish a story. This is important because the stories we publish impact the safety of our readers.

Cons

We have not run into any issues with OneSignal so far. The free option allows up to 30,000 web subscribers, so we’ll have to consider whether we can afford OneSignal’s paid plans after we reach that number.

Jacob
Jacob
  • Industry: Newspapers

Great Push Notification Software

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

Pros

OneSignal is great for sending push notifications - even the setup is so simple that I was able to implement and add platforms such as IOS and i have no coding skills- we have used it to implement lucrative advertising offers and flag readers of important articles and alerts

Cons

I do not have cons right now for OneSignal - i wish there were way to be able to put link on website and have people subscribe directly but most PUSH platforms do not offer this extra feature to my knowledge

Chamupathi Gigara
Chamupathi Gigara
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Best platform to connect with your customers.

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

Overall expierience is great. I'm happy with the platform.

Overall expierience is great. I'm happy with the platform.

Pros

The price is the main thing I consider when selecting this. This offers 30k free subscribers that more than enough for a startup website.

Cons

Its better if there is a feature to filter the subscribers by passing an array of tag values to compare. Currently we can filter subscribers by only a single tag value.

Ryan

The Perfect Notification Service

Reviewed on 2023/11/14

I find my overall experience with OneSignal very pleasing. The easiness of deployment is particularly great from the eyes of a developer.

Pros

When I was looking for a notification solution for my app, I found OneSignal to be very easy to integrate and deploy to my stack. A quick read of the documentation allows me to have a good idea of how the API works. Furthermore, I only need to add a couple lines to have the notification service ready on my clients.

Cons

I did encounter errors with deployment and the documentation didn't cover said error. I had to search around for the solution but eventually found it.

Iyanu
Iyanu

Cross Platform Push Support

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

Real-time update of Subscribed and Unsubscribed users to push notifications service. The best tool to increase traffic and keep your engaged subscribers by sending push notifications.

Cons

In a rare situation of migrating to a new domain name or App, you cannot carry the subscribers along which makes them useless.

Ibrahim

OneSignal is the easiest to implement

Reviewed on 2023/04/18

OneSignal helped us to implement push notifications for booth iOS and Android så fast without any problems

Pros

we are using the one signal service - mainly push notification - in our mobile app (iOS and Android) , and without any deny , it was the easiest service to implement , thanks to the well documented SDK

Cons

To be honest , I love OneSignal , there is nothing I don't like

Twilio

the price , well documented
Amr
  • Industry: Higher Education

Impactful User Engagement Application.

Reviewed on 2022/04/01

OneSignal helps me deliver my targeted audience the right message at the right time. Users spend longer time on my website, Which leads to more user engagement and higher conversion rates.

Pros

OneSignal is easy to use. and offers a variety of customization and targeting features that help me target and engage the exact segment of my website's visitors.

Cons

I find the traffic analytics and user flow reports need more enhancement, like adding more data visualization options that make them easier to read and understand.

Tariq

Pioneer in Push Notifications

Reviewed on 2022/10/18

Pros

Best thing that I like most in Onesignal is there A/B testing by creating various segments also Its AI based delivery is amazing it improves our campaign click through rate.

Cons

By using OneSignal I did not think there is anything that I least like about it.

Foluke
Foluke
  • Industry: Online Media

Delivers On Time and Awesomely Free

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

Pros

OneSignal delivers on time, and once you are able to complete the setup, you will be able to deliver push notifications across different platforms. Another thing is that it is free. I'm still wondering how such a great software could come for free but who am I to complain

Cons

It is hard to set up, especially on Wordpress. First timers without coding knowlege may have difficult time, but watcjing tutorial videos might help

Justin

A free push notification software?! Sign me up!

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

A push notification service for free! There's no greater benefit than zero cost to consumer!

Pros

At the price (free) this software simply cannot be beat. We were using a much more expensive software for over a year until we finally came across One Signal, which has all the same capabilities for free!

Cons

The implementation of any push notification software can be a bit technical to non-developers, but that's the nature of the beast, and certainly not the fault of One Signal, who has made the process as simple as it can possibly be. Great software, don't miss the opportunity, just hire a freelance developer to implement if you can't figure it out on your own.

Eva
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Multi- Platform Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

Pros

Free Plan- We first started out with this offer, and the results were pretty amazing. Then, after three months we as an organization decided to level up and purchased Growth plan. With Growth plan, we were able to reach out to a larger target through emails and SMS.

The budget for Growth Plans is affordable.

Works well with push notifications about events in our organization to our clients and potential clients. These push-up notifications are delivered in a moment and give us metrics on the delivered and failed notifications.

Cons

The implementation can be a bit technical when configuring push notification software to non-developers.

There is a limitation to 3rd party service providers. So, we cant integrate with other Apps

Osama
Osama

Easy to use messaging system for Mobil App

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Customer support is fast. Web interface is a breeze. Generous allowance on the free plan.

Pros

OneSignal has a friendly and easy to use interface. We have used the free version and it really shines. The limits on the software are very generous compared to others. We have only used the Mobile notifications. We have not tryed the web and iOS messages, yet. It has a lot of reporting and statistics on the push notifications.

Cons

Paid plan starts at $99. You have to use firebase to set it up. Firebase is relatively easy to get.

Beneficial for publishers

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Sending free push notifications to my users.

Sending free push notifications to my users.

Pros

Using this plugin for a while. The plugin is very useful to send push notications to our visitors about latest posts. The most beautiful thing about this is it is free.

Cons

It send one push notification on chrome. If you will publish an another post then this push notification will overwrite the previous push notification.

Tseliso
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Push and In App notification review

Reviewed on 2023/04/27

It helps me retain my customers by being able to segment them and sent them relevant promotions. I can sent messages and time them according to when the user is most active. It helps me trigger a buy from my in active users.

Pros

Current we are using push notifications and In app messages and they both have been impactful.

Cons

Currently I have not found a thing I dislike and I believe the reason is that I am still running on free plan.

Brian
  • Industry: Newspapers

Need push notification

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

It has been very easy and effective. I am still on the free version, and it is definitely bringing traffic to our site.

Pros

It works well with our WordPress site. I was able to implement it easily, myself. And since we've installed it we have hundreds of people getting our notifications when we post.

Cons

There is no customization in free version, which is fine I guess. Not sure what the cost is to upgrade.

Harish
  • Industry: Online Media

OneSignal is simple and feature-rich push notification service

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Pros

There are many features that makes OneSignal unique:

1. Target Users based on the country
2. Schedule notifications
3. Free to use
4. Supports major platforms for easy integration like WordPress.

Cons

I never faced any issues as per my usage but I want it to have a welcome notification for new subscribers. But, overall, it is great as a Free service.

Cindy
  • Industry: Farming
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Weather Hotline

Reviewed on 2023/05/30

Great

Great

Pros

I like the ease of setting up employee on One Signal and sending out weather notifications for the emplyees that are in the field so they have alerts through bad weather.

Cons

Have not found anything bad yet that we do not like.

samuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Quick solutions for push notifications

Reviewed on 2021/05/05

You can measure the success of a web project goal or objectives through the app delivery reports. It makes it easy to see how well or how poor they are working.

Pros

I can send personalized messages to potential clients' interests with push notifications and have them interact with the content with a call to action. It helps me craft messages that encourage visitors to my site to take action.
The WordPress plugin is straightforward; very easy to install. It works like a charm. Easy implementation and execution.
You get detailed report of message delivery in real time.

Cons

I find the Wordpress plugin to be easiest to install but not without some hickups along the way. I wish they could extend support for other well-known site bulders. It's not fun for non tech savy enthusiants.

Jaime
  • Industry: Entertainment

Super awesome service

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

I'm a happy user, will continue using it.

I'm a happy user, will continue using it.

Pros

The service is pretty reliable, for my product. Easy to setup and use. There are lots of documentation well documented.

Cons

The dash board for sending a push can be more simplified...

Moh
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

OneSignal is Just Amazing

Reviewed on 2023/01/21

Pros

This tool is really amazing to send the push notifications.OneSignal helps us to send push notifications and do A/B testing to improve the overall click through rate.

Cons

Nahh.. nothing that i least like about OneSignal