Motive

4,5 (1 624)
The modern fleet management & GPS tracking platform.

(1 624)

• Industry: Automotive

The best software I never use

Reviewed on 2022/05/24

It has allowed me to refocus my route tracking and better assist my driving partners in case of traffic jams and give them better directions to quickly complete errands and trips.

Pros

The application is great for route tracking and especially when it comes to doing a route review it is great. I like more its ease of deployment and it doesn't need a high internet speed to work.

Cons

The only drawback is that the application has a latency in some areas less covered by the internet network but I think it's not really the fault of the application but the internet

Response from Motive

Hi, Thank you for the wonderful review! Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Marc

Duncan Oil

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

Awsome. Very manager and driver friendly.

Awsome. Very manager and driver friendly.

Pros

That minimal equipment is needed within the cab. Mobile devices, tablets, and computers are utilized without having to buy expensive onboard units. Being that the system operates off of an app on a mobile device updates are current, quick, and require no extra items to be purchased.

Cons

The system operates off of a cell signal. At times of poor service there might be a period of time where current updates are not seen until a signal is reacquired. This is minimal at best but does occur.

Verizon Connect

Reasons for Choosing Motive

We were told that our head units would no longer be current and unable to communicate at the end of 2021 due to the 5G updates. They required us to purchase new equipment at a cost of $50,000+. KeepTruckin offered a better option and we were even able to acquire dashcams for all units.

Omnitracs

Reasons for Switching to Motive

App based mobile devise system. Can be used off anything that has bluetooth capabilities.

Response from Motive

Hi Marc, thank you for your feedback. Glad to know that you enjoyed using our services. Keep on Truckin!

Eddie
Eddie

Horrible customer support

Reviewed on 2021/07/27

If this company wants to improve they must acknowledge issues with their equipment and software and horrible support they have. Their support is from Pakistan and almost every time when you call you lose connection. So when you call back you have to start all over explaining your issue.

Pros

I was really happy with product and support. But lately we started having issues and customer service takes too long to resolve issues. We even end up getting violations from DOT because of issues that take too long to resolve. Getting your rep reached its impossible I have been emailing and calling my rep for 14 days and no answer. Whenever their equipment fails they always blame on driver or anything else but their equipment. Their customer support from Pakistan has horrible connection and never calls you you back when you get disconnected.

Cons

Horrible customer support lately its impossible to reach your rep or receive support in time.

Samsara

Reasons for Switching to Motive

At time when I was signing up with this company it all looked promising and great. But recently this company became worst nightmare for our staff to handle issues and problems with their ELD connection to driver phones.
Karla
  • Industry: Building Materials

Motive Review

Reviewed on 2023/12/04

I have been happy with Motive, I feel like I am still learning Motive and the trucking industry rules/regulations.

Pros

Easy way to retrieve data in the reports area.

Cons

Updating a driver's log can be a bit cumbersome. Our driver's do not always sing out when they get back (they think they need to wait until midnight (end of work day). Then they may not drive for a few days so Motive informs me of the Manner Errors. Driver's get frustrated that they need to go sign logs, when they have not driven.

Response from Motive

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Gabriel

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2021/07/02

Pros

I love that connecting to the trucks is simple and quick. The information that is collected and provided helps you to see the impact that drivers, trucks, trailers and many other factors impact your business. The customer service (if you ever have to contact them) is great and they have been able to solve any issues I've had.

Cons

I was used to an ELD that was one-time larger purchase, but then no monthly fee. It was hard to get to used to paying monthly subscription, as we are a smaller company looking to save everywhere we can. But, after multiple DOT stops, and non-conformance through a sub-par ELD, I decided to give Keep Truckin a try. I don't guess this is necessarily a Con, just something I was wasn't excited about (monthly subscription).

Response from Motive

Thank you, Gabriel. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Carl

Small Charter Motorcoach Operator Review

Reviewed on 2021/04/12

I like the software, I WOULD recommend it to an operator. I do know that some operators still use cheaper systems, or something too big for a small operator to use. This is one of KT's best features, size doesn't seem to matter, and it's not too expensive for a small operator., who has to operate with the same requirements or regulations as the larger operator.

Pros

Ease of use. Had no trouble installing and using the logbook feature. State and Federal DOT inspectors have no issues (yet) dealing with this logbook. It saves fuel receipts (important). I can, after some learning, draw the reports I need. KT called me about a connection issue I was unaware of, which was easily repaired. KT keeps up with any FMCSA logbook requirement changes.

Cons

Drawing reports can be complicated and clunky. In particular selecting date values is irritating. Search (anything) is missing. Reports difficult to combine for a full-service report (such as an IFTA audit). The dashcam feature is annoying, it doesn't always work, and right now is out of service.

Response from Motive

Thank you, Carl. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Andrea
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

good product. easy to set up and use, always great customer service

Reviewed on 2021/04/07

If you have to have and ELD this one is a good choice for the ease of reporting, inspection mode, compliance, customer service. they work with many other tracking apps, they are constantly improving and developing, and update current laws and such.

Pros

Everything about this is easy to use and set up. Anyone can use it and set it up. It usually works well with any vehicle, we have used in several different semis and even hot shots. I like the reports for making apportioned and IFTA reporting easy. I have never had any problem that wasn't fixed really quickly. If the unit goes bad they ship another one right away. If you have a problem and can not find how to fix it in help or maybe not typing just the right search you can always call. They have lots of help pages online to help you avoid having to talk to someone, but if a phone call is easier than just call in. I have never had a problem with anything they could not help with yet. We have used them for at least 3 yrs now, some with other companies and some on our own. Other companies and software that we have used was horrible and if we had problems it took people 20+ days to fix. That is never the case with Keep Truckin.

Cons

on some vehicles the odometer mileage does not read correctly. Don't get me wrong the mileage for the trip and day is correct to how many miles and such. it just won't read the odometer so that they match for example 299473 on odometer and it has correct miles per day, and trip. just the odometer reading, not a big deal you just put it in and it runs everything fine. Other that that which is not a big deal, every now and then it will say 30 mins on break and then throw a violation because the time was really 29:57. My drivers know to make it go until 32 mins, just to make sure. It rarely happens but i know it has shown 30 and my husband drove and i was watching it. Then i logged in on the computer and it showed a few seconds less than 30min. i also have not called in about this issue as it has only happened a few times and maybe it was a sync issue that was randomly fix when logging off.

Response from Motive

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andrea. This information helps us determine what improvements we need to make. Thanks again for taking the time to reach out and do not hesitate to share your concern with [email protected] so that we can help to get them resolved for you.

Cammy

Reviewed on 2021/04/04

KeepTruckin has been a good product. I tried Rand McNally’s & it could not keep up with 2 drivers. Sent it back they sent me a new cord & it still could not keep up with team logs.

Pros

You do not have to be a computer genius to use KeepTruckin it is quite simple & doesn’t break down.

Cons

They seem to keep raising the price for what I can offering me other things which I am not interested in for more money.

The Rand Platform

Reasons for Choosing Motive

It could not keep up with team drivers. Would not stay charged. Maybe it had too many apps???

The Rand Platform

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Because KeepTruckin had no problem logging teams as long as my phone was charged It handled both drivers.

Response from Motive

Thank you, Cammy. We're glad that you like using our service. Keep on Truckin!

Beatris

Best Decision for our Company

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

our company bata test equipment for KT and are always giving back feedback i love that i have meeting with there reps about new futures for dash board and actually use our feedback and listen to there customers needs and wants

Pros

its always current and up to date with all new changed to make sure our fleet is compliant with all FMCSA changes. customer success mamagers are always available and on hand. friendly to use for drivers and easy to install.

Cons

sometimes the call center takes a while to fix issue, when i call they have to send to another tier and sometimes things need to be done now so drivers arent in violation.
When sending cameras or RMA couldnt take couple days then i forgot about the issue.

Response from Motive

Hi Beatris, thank you for the amazing feedback. We're constantly working on improving our user experience and we are constantly working on improving the quality of our hardware so that you do not face issues in the future.

Not as advertised

Reviewed on 2021/07/18

Customer service seems outsourced, they don’t listen to what you’re saying just give out scripted answers. I received two DOT citations for log violations due to the device not staying synced to my iPad. Waited weeks for a replacement unit after demanding one from customer no service. I hope my company drops these and looks elsewhere.

Pros

It’s on my iPad that’s it. User friendly.

Cons

Doesn’t stay connected to iPad, gps is not concise.

Response from Motive

Hi Dave, we are sorry that you experienced connectivity issues. Please email us at [email protected] so we can help you resolve the issue.

Elaine

The truth

Reviewed on 2022/01/28

Its ok. I get fed up when I call customer service and I get someone who does not really speak english. They don't know the rules and regs of FMCSA and DOT. They never understand that we have guidelines. They think just adding a note makes things better. That is not an answer. Customer service never has the correct answer. They basically say OH WELL! It makes me so mad that they don't know that answer or how to fix a problem that is caused by the software.

Pros

Its easy to figure out. I had to learn how to use it alone. Because our CSM changed hands so many times.

Cons

It can be hard to fix something that is a problem cause by the software. Example when it gets stuck in drive mode. And customer service does not understand the rules and regs of DOT and FMCSA. Their answer is to always make a note. But when it puts a driver into violation and it the software fault and all you can say is make a note. A DOT officer is going to see the violation and write us a ticket cause a problem caused by the software.

GPS Insight

Reasons for Switching to Motive

It looked as if it was the easiest to use. And we were able to get a price point that we were willing to pay.

Response from Motive

Hi Elaine, we're so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience using KeepTruckin. We are interested in learning more about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Can you please email your comments to [email protected] or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564?

Nicole

Motive

Reviewed on 2023/05/26

I really wish that the customer service was better and that instead of sending sales to solicit us for more equipment, they would make sure the equipment that they have already given is in decent working order. Sending back equipment once it is damaged is also an issue as it is not the easiest process either.

Pros

We utilize the tracking all day, and the ease of getting reporting and logs.

Cons

Some of the features are clunky and not streamlined. The customer service is not the greatest, better than some but it takes a long time to receive new equipment if in the event we need it and the support is not great.

Response from Motive

Hi Nicole,

We apologize if you didn't have a great experience using Motive! Can you please share what issue you are facing with the product specifically and share your contact details so we can address your concerns?

Alternatively, you can contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 434-3564. We are open 24/7, we would love to help you out. Thank you.

Laina

Motive is the only ELD I would Ever use

Reviewed on 2022/08/02

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Pros

I have worked with many ELD programs in the past. Many were very expensive. The customer service I receive from Motive goes well above expectations as the others I worked with had very poor customer service. And Motive has saved me over $5,000.00 per year! The cameras have great resolution and I absolutely love the feature of any time I get an alert, it comes with a complete video straight to my email to view this alert. I don't have to take time to order a video and wait for it to come! When I have an issue, I call customer service and they get right on the problem. After they call with a solution, I get two more follow up calls to make sure that I got my solution and I am happy with the outcome of service!

Cons

That I cannot get a sepparate report for Personal conveyance auditing.

Response from Motive

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Gracie
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

KeepTruckin is a great asset to any trucking company!

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

This product has kept us in compliance with the FMCSA and all DOT regulations concerning E-Logs and Hours of Service. I highly recommend it, and when our GPS contract with another company ends, we are planning to use KeepTruckin for our GPS needs.

Pros

This software makes it easy to keep up with where drivers are and what their hours of service are looking like. I am able to quickly check if they are on duty, off duty, or driving. We are able to ensure their breaks are taken on time, and that they don't driver over their allotted time.

Cons

The only con I have with this software is when you assign the unidentified driving time, it goes away after that. I wish their was a tab you could look at to make sure the drivers had accepted the time or still needed too.

Response from Motive

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback and hope you'll spread the word.

Kylon
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Motive is the easiest option we have used to remain compliant and keep track of our fleet.

Reviewed on 2023/03/21

Overall Motive has solved our needs to remain compliant with FMCSA and to monitor our fleet.

Pros

The biggest pro for me is the ability to self-install all Motive equipment in house and not deal with the headache of trying to schedule Motive, trucks and employees in the same place at the same time.

Cons

The biggest downside to Motive is their rewards program. There is absolutely zero customer support to enable you to retrieve your earned rewards that show "pending approval" for an undetermined period.

Response from Motive

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words! ���� We're thrilled that you're enjoying our service. If you have any friends who might also benefit from what we offer, please feel free to share the love!
Also if you are facing any difficulty with rewards then please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] or give us a call at (855) 434-3564. We will route you to the relevant department for the resolution. Thanks again! ����

Jorge

Great product and service, but VERY HIGH AND TRICKY PRICING

Reviewed on 2021/11/04

Great devices, great software, easy to install and use. But the pricing is very tricky and very high compared to other ELD devices. Customer support is always trying to upsale aditional services and to extend the contract. It is very hard to purchase a used device as they are locked by KeepTruckin, and they do their best to not sale any replacements by extending their ship dates by weeks! This is not ethical business practice.

Pros

Very easy to use, great support page, customer service is accessible and knowledgeable in regards to use of devise and software.

Cons

Historical location for drivers is only shown on a daily basis, so it is hard to go back and look at the location of each driver on a period of time, for example, a week.

GPS Trackit and Samsara

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Fleet manager had previous experience with KeepTruckin.

Response from Motive

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. Please help spread the word!

Just the basics

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

My thoughts,

My thoughts,

Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers to understand and needs special service techs to install. Secondly area of service, Montana is the fourth largest state and one of the least cellular regions in the country. There is no getting around it we have dead zones, KT recovers faster than Verizon once a cell tower is picked up. KT is the truckers ELD.

The only real downfall is what or how the trucking management fields are used. Verizon has more included functions in their system, such as timecards and logs, daily and details reports of the drivers and/or the trucks systems. So, cost most likely another issue, that is to say data; the KT system we have needed more data than what was provided in our initial package which we had to purchase on top of our informed cost. Verizon’s total cost was up front.

Cons

Response from Motive

Thank you, Dave. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Deana

Dispatcher's Opinion

Reviewed on 2022/11/29

It's an overall good system, I've had a couple of challenges. I feel there should be assigned TEAMS to handle accounts/issues. The reason being, when I call in I get a different person each time and then a CASE number is created and then I have to wait for a response via email. I believe in good old customer service with live individuals to get things rectified. Some things cannot be handled with emails and require a live person on the other end of the phone.

Pros

As a trucking company we rely on ELDs and tracking. Motive allows for us to track our fleet/assets but there are many times the Solar Gateways need to be recharged and it makes it difficult for us if the asset is sitting at an offsite far way location. Motive has supplies us with cables to recharge the Gateway but if my asset loses charge while in a different state, how do I find it and recharge it? This happens more frequently than desired....just frustrating.

Cons

I wish there was a way to input more than one destination address because our trucks have multiple stops as route trucks and I have to continuously make changes rather than inputting all the address at once and watch my driver's progress. I've brought this up to Motive many times. I should be able to input the multiple addresses/route and watch the progress of my driver rather than feel as though I am babysitting them and asking them to call in after every drop.

Response from Motive

Thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions! Feedbacks help us identify areas of improvement and we will be sure to notify the relevant teams so your suggestions can be considered and worked upon. Furthermore, if you ever need assistance please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support team by calling (855)434-3564 or sending an email to [email protected]

Roy

Good working system

Reviewed on 2022/11/12

Overall motive is a decent system.The wifi is really the only big complaint I have with it.

Pros

It's relatively easy to navigate and works as it should.

Cons

The wifi they sell with your elog package is 0.5gb/month and it doesnt even come close to being enough data to run an elog for a month.Motive elog is the only thing I run on that tablet.The keep truckin/motive wifi doesn't work very well at all,I normally have to run it off the hotspot on my phone.

Samsara

Reasons for Choosing Motive

Arguing with customer service and management

Omnitracs

Reasons for Switching to Motive

A friend swayed me that way

Response from Motive

Thank you for the review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

AMISH

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

We been trying to contact the company for our contract and representative always tell us someone will contact you within 24 hrs and we are still waiting. It's a bad business if you can't even answer or return your phone call to your customers. They better not renew my contract without calling me. I think they are trying to renew the contact by saying that we never contact them in a time frame. Please don't renew my contract without calling us.

Cons

Response from Motive

Hi Amish,

We want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and appreciate your patience during this time. We strive to provide our customers with an outstanding experience. One of our representatives reached out to you over the phone, but it went straight to voicemail. Please know that your request has been noted and we'll assist to resolve your matter at the highest priority.

In the meantime, should you need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564.

Terrence
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

KeepTruckin/Motive The Worst ELD To Use In Trucking Business - BE WARNED!

Reviewed on 2022/10/28

KeepTruckin/Motive is the worst in the ELD business. Truckers please don't use them. If you think the system is bad enough, call customer service. Those people are the worst in dealing with customers. When they failed to electronically logged our unit, they continue to take our money under false pretense. It does not matter how many times you call the worse customer service company around, nothing is done. Our company almost lost our authority because the device was not electronically logging. This is the worst I have seen. They have now changed their name from KeepTruckin to Motive to let go the their bad reputation. That will not work because your system and bad customer service remain the same. They will unethically lock you in a 48 month contract even when they tell you that it's not a contract. I could never recommend KeepTruckin/Motive.

Pros

Nothing actually! They are the worst. I hear that they were the worst and We decided to give them a chance but they lived up to the bad name they usually get.

Cons

It did not electronically logged which is what we contracted for. Thats the requirement by FMSCA and they don't even care that they device is not doing what we are paying them to do. No matter how much we called and complained, they did nothing except for promises. If you want to BE IN PROBLEMS with FMSCA, you can use them.

Response from Motive

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! Please provide us with your contact details so that we can reach out to you in order to address your concerns and make your experience better. Moreover, for further queries please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564.

kevin
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best choice in the industry for user friendly atmosphere

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

I have great experiences with Keep Truckin. The staff have been great and make it as seemless as possible. Our drivers enjoy the ease of use

Pros

I chose this ELD program due to it being driver friendly and the ease of using it. It had everything we were looking for. There are some companies offering less monthly cost and little to no cost, but Keep truckin had a great track record and I look to support those that have been around for years and are designed around the trucking industry with drivers use in mind as well as office staff.

Cons

There are some glitches every now and then, but have been worked out. It was mostly drivers drive time was starting to early and no way to correct it...but lately has been running smoothly

Response from Motive

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Cuong

Unethical Business

Reviewed on 2022/04/27

IT IS NOT FREE! They locked me in for 60 months contract without my knowledge. I asked the agent, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], multiple time if this is month to month and can I cancel at anytime, he said YES! Then I later found out that I was locked into a 60 months contract when I was trying to cancel their dashcam service. I contacted their customer services multiple times and everytime they try to blame it on me for not carefully reading the contract, but refuse to take responsibility for their agent scamming me. I even asked them if they recorded phone calls between their agent and I, they said yes. They said they listen to all of it and did not hear [SENSITIVE CONTENT] confirming it's a month to month. I then ask them if they can send me those recording and they refused, saying is their company property 😂 Okkk! Who in their right mind would lock themselves in a 5 years contract with an ELD service company on the first year of opening their business? Now Im stuck with them for 5 years, ain't going to use them ever again after this stupid contract is over, which is in 2024. TRUCKERS PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS UNETHICAL BUSINESS!

Pros

It does the job of an ELD, easy to navigate for IFTA filing.

Cons

Some of the functions are not very straightforward, ex. Split clock need to be in sleeper berth, cannot be on off duty.

Response from Motive

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! We'd like to learn more about the issues at hand. Kindly provide us with your contact number or email address so may reach out to you. Additionally, for further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Levi

Hauling with Motive

Reviewed on 2023/02/03

I am extremely happy with Motive's ELD.

I am extremely happy with Motive's ELD.

Pros

My favorite feature currently is the dash cam. I am able to pull up the dash cam and see the road condition that my driver is experiencing.Motive is easy to use on my mobile and easier on my laptop. The navigating the system is easy to learn. It's a lot to learn but that is a good thing because that means that Motive provides a lot of options for your business.

Cons

I would like to see the option to upload a fuel receipt and it take pertinent information from the receipt and add it to Motive's IFTA report.Motive is easy to use but there are a lot of features that may be helpful for my business and I'm just not aware of the feature. I'm not sure if there are videos to inform the customer of what is available on Motive.I would like to see an integration with my fuel diesel cards applications. This would increase the simplicity of my IFTA report by only using Motive instead of using Motive and my fuel card app.

Susan
  • Industry: Food Production

Good product, dumb name

Reviewed on 2022/08/08

We no longer have to look for the trailers on which we have installed the trackers

Pros

GPS location of trucks and trailers and elogs for drivers

Cons

Adverse driving conditions needs to be added

Verizon Connect

Horrible support

Fleet Complete

Response from Motive

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you