4.5 (1,628)
Write a Review!
The modern fleet management & GPS tracking platform.

(1,628)
4.2/5

• Industry: Automotive

The best software I never use

Reviewed on 2022/05/24

It has allowed me to refocus my route tracking and better assist my driving partners in case of traffic jams and give them better directions to quickly complete errands and trips.

Pros

The application is great for route tracking and especially when it comes to doing a route review it is great. I like more its ease of deployment and it doesn't need a high internet speed to work.

Cons

The only drawback is that the application has a latency in some areas less covered by the internet network but I think it's not really the fault of the application but the internet

Response from Motive

Hi, Thank you for the wonderful review! Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Laina

Motive is the only ELD I would Ever use

Reviewed on 2022/08/02

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Overall it has been a positive experience in all ways.

Pros

I have worked with many ELD programs in the past. Many were very expensive. The customer service I receive from Motive goes well above expectations as the others I worked with had very poor customer service. And Motive has saved me over $5,000.00 per year! The cameras have great resolution and I absolutely love the feature of any time I get an alert, it comes with a complete video straight to my email to view this alert. I don't have to take time to order a video and wait for it to come! When I have an issue, I call customer service and they get right on the problem. After they call with a solution, I get two more follow up calls to make sure that I got my solution and I am happy with the outcome of service!

Cons

That I cannot get a sepparate report for Personal conveyance auditing.

Response from Motive

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with Motive (formerly KeepTruckin) services. For any further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Alanna
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Used to be top of their field. Going downhill fast

Reviewed on 2022/12/06

Pros

I used to sing their praises - if they USED to be a solid platform, then there must be some remaining good bones in there somewhere. They need to get back to basics like knowledgeable customer service. It's super frustrating to call a support line and regularly end up telling the support staff "Yeah... that "solution" isn't going to fix this particular issue" and repeatedly be correct. Maybe they can find their way back to the stellar company they once were?

Cons

Degrading support, connectivity issues mean that logs get thrown out of compliance - having to edit and assign drive time after the fact doesn't help drivers keep track of their time, etc. Unreliable.

Response from Motive

We're so sorry to hear that you did not have a great experience with Motive! We are interested in learning more about the difficulties that you are experiencing. Can you please email your comments to [email protected] or call our 24/7 support line at 855-434-3564? Thank you!

Gracie
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

KeepTruckin is a great asset to any trucking company!

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

This product has kept us in compliance with the FMCSA and all DOT regulations concerning E-Logs and Hours of Service. I highly recommend it, and when our GPS contract with another company ends, we are planning to use KeepTruckin for our GPS needs.

Pros

This software makes it easy to keep up with where drivers are and what their hours of service are looking like. I am able to quickly check if they are on duty, off duty, or driving. We are able to ensure their breaks are taken on time, and that they don't driver over their allotted time.

Cons

The only con I have with this software is when you assign the unidentified driving time, it goes away after that. I wish their was a tab you could look at to make sure the drivers had accepted the time or still needed too.

Response from Motive

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback and hope you'll spread the word.

Kylon
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Motive is the easiest option we have used to remain compliant and keep track of our fleet.

Reviewed on 2023/03/21

Overall Motive has solved our needs to remain compliant with FMCSA and to monitor our fleet.

Pros

The biggest pro for me is the ability to self-install all Motive equipment in house and not deal with the headache of trying to schedule Motive, trucks and employees in the same place at the same time.

Cons

The biggest downside to Motive is their rewards program. There is absolutely zero customer support to enable you to retrieve your earned rewards that show "pending approval" for an undetermined period.

Response from Motive

Wow, thank you so much for your kind words! ���� We're thrilled that you're enjoying our service. If you have any friends who might also benefit from what we offer, please feel free to share the love!
Also if you are facing any difficulty with rewards then please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] or give us a call at (855) 434-3564. We will route you to the relevant department for the resolution. Thanks again! ����

Kevin

Logging software for Trucking Company

Reviewed on 2021/04/24

Stated using Keep Truckin Software before any DOT mandates. Compared with a few other software providers and liked the functionality of Keep Truckin the best. Several or the other companies have fallen by the wayside. Keep Truckin keeps on rollinin.

Pros

Product is simple to use. It is a BYOD program. Updates are easy to install. I se the basic features to minimize the cost.

Cons

Being a small company, I have to pay for the service annually. Would prefer to pay quarterly. Some of the functionality was removed from service then added back for a higher fee.

The Rand Platform

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Keep Truckin allowed for BYOD. Others inclued a device for a monthly fee. Most of the other BYOD offers were not as functional as Keep Truckin.

Response from Motive

Thank you, Kevin. We're glad that you like using our services. We truly appreciate your feedback. Furthermore, regarding your concern about the billing, please email us at [email protected] and we'll look into it right away.

Alexander

Best, Affordable ELD Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Knowledgeable people, great customer service, good looking software.

Knowledgeable people, great customer service, good looking software.

Pros

Easy to use, straight forward, accurate and neatly designed

Cons

Small things, but nothing to be concern about.

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Reasons for Choosing Motive

Awful customer service and support, barely working, very slow website, poorly designed software.

Best overall

Response from Motive

Hi Alexander, we're glad to know that you like our product and services. Please feel free to reach us at 855-434-3564, if you need assistance.

Wesley
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

A great all-in-one platform

Reviewed on 2022/08/03

I am happy with Motive. I like having so many modules in a single platform. We utilize the API which is now a central part of our maintenance plan.

Pros

Motive is a forward-thinking company. The recent rebranding shows that this is not a stagnant project. Motive is always releasing new features that add value.

Cons

I dont really have a major con to list. There are times when an ELD driving event may be logged incorrectly - often at the fault of the driver, and it would be nice to edit those events; if compliance allows it.

Tatiana

Think Twice before getting Motive

Reviewed on 2024/01/27

Difficult using the system and getting help

Difficult using the system and getting help

Pros

Motive us hard to use and it not user friendly

Cons

The customer service was not the best nor was the log book

Response from Motive

Thank you for the wonderful review, Tatiana! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Not as advertised

Reviewed on 2021/07/18

Customer service seems outsourced, they don’t listen to what you’re saying just give out scripted answers. I received two DOT citations for log violations due to the device not staying synced to my iPad. Waited weeks for a replacement unit after demanding one from customer no service. I hope my company drops these and looks elsewhere.

Pros

It’s on my iPad that’s it. User friendly.

Cons

Doesn’t stay connected to iPad, gps is not concise.

Response from Motive

Hi Dave, we are sorry that you experienced connectivity issues. Please email us at [email protected] so we can help you resolve the issue.

Brian
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Love the product... just needs a few tweeks

Reviewed on 2021/12/22

I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

I have used a few other systems and this is by far better and easier to use.

Pros

I love the ability to see my split log just by checking a box

Cons

1) It would be nice see my recap with out having to go into DOT inspection mode. It should be listed right next to the graph.

2) The times on the graph at the end of each duty status should be in minutes NOT percent of an hour.

3) It would be great if there was an external button a driver could hit to mark and save a video file. So, even if they are not involved in an incident they can go back and find the file to be reviewed and sent to the police or concerned parties. As it is now, unless there is a event detected ie: hard braking or cornering etc, it is almost impossible to find the video. For example, if parked in a dock or at a truck stop and driver sees another truck hit somebody else's truck or damages property, it would be nice to be able to retrieve that video file.

Reasons for Choosing Motive

went independent and needed my own equipment.

Reasons for Switching to Motive

I didn't like samsara so i wanted to try something new. Keep trucking had a lot of great reviews so that's the one I picked.

Response from Motive

Hi Brian, we are glad to hear that you like using KeepTruckin services.

Surely, your feedback will be taken into great consideration by our engineering team and hopefully, in the near future, the mentioned features will be available for all our clients.

Andrea

Base System is good - but hot spot limit stinks

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

If it were not for this hot spot issue I would give the system 5 stars. The Customer Support agents do speak clear English, but they are not always able to help and follow through is not good. Still waiting for my hot spot issue to be solved and it has been "disabled". No internet access on the road is a huge hassle. There is a big discrepancy between what my device shows I have used as far as data, and the Motive accounting for my data use. Tablet shows a lower data usage than Motive, and Motive caps the use and then shuts off the data usage. The difference in usage is a whole gigabyte and that is a big difference.

Pros

Easy to use - Dashboard and document access is very handy. Knowing the fault codes are helpful in keeping the truck running better.

Cons

I was told that the hot spot would allow me to listen to Pandora and audio books as I had been. However, it is capped and not sufficient and no one from Customer Service has been able to help me and the Agent who was supposed to call me to fix my issue, has never called.

Response from Motive

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! We'd like to learn more about the issues at hand. Kindly provide us your contact number or email address. Additionally, for further questions or concerns regarding anything, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Nicole

Reviewed on 2023/05/26

I really wish that the customer service was better and that instead of sending sales to solicit us for more equipment, they would make sure the equipment that they have already given is in decent working order. Sending back equipment once it is damaged is also an issue as it is not the easiest process either.

Pros

We utilize the tracking all day, and the ease of getting reporting and logs.

Cons

Some of the features are clunky and not streamlined. The customer service is not the greatest, better than some but it takes a long time to receive new equipment if in the event we need it and the support is not great.

Response from Motive

Hi Nicole,

We apologize if you didn't have a great experience using Motive! Can you please share what issue you are facing with the product specifically and share your contact details so we can address your concerns?

Alternatively, you can contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 434-3564. We are open 24/7, we would love to help you out. Thank you.

Raul
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Wouldn't recommend product unless some changes are made

Reviewed on 2021/05/25

I was very happy with the product itself a few months ago. Lately I have been having some issues with some of the units and they have not been resolved. Customer service takes a lot of time to resolve issues sometimes even taking up to several days.

Pros

KeepTruckin ELD is very easy to install and use

Cons

The software itself is very good. It could be better developed to avoid loss of signal in most places.

The Rand Platform

Reasons for Switching to Motive

I chose KeepTruckin over the alternative because it was a product which was easier to install and easier for my drivers to understand. Besides, the customer service was one of a kind up to several months ago. I have had several issues lately and have been transferred around to 5 different people/departments at a time and yet issue doesn't get resolved. I am definitely considering looking for an alternative product.

Response from Motive

Hi Raul, we are very sorry for the inconvenience and would like to learn more about the issues that you are facing. Please email us your comments at [email protected] or call at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564 and we will be more than happy to assist you.

William
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Decent product, does what it is supposed to

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

Working with KT has been pleasant/productive overall. Their app IS helping me keep my trucks compliant and legal. When I DO need support both the response and turnaround time are awesome!

Pros

What I like most is the wealth of notifications you can get from this application. The app keeps you informed even if you are not logged into it. Very useful to someone that runs three departments within a trucking company.

Cons

Some things are hard to find in the driver app version, so you have to call support and have them "lead you to it".

Omnitracs

Reasons for Choosing Motive

technical/hardware issues with their equipment

Teletrac Navman DIRECTOR

Omnitracs too expensive

Response from Motive

Hi William, Thank you for the wonderful review. We're glad that you find our app useful. Please help spread the word. Thanks!

Alton
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Device not reliable all of the time

Reviewed on 2021/12/17

Paid for a full year of basic ELD service this year, optioned to add IFTA mileage reporting to help keep up with IFTA tax reporting started getting monthly bills for this service. IFTA tracking quit working a week before filing date leaving with no data to complete IFTA filing service was out for Appx. 2 months, I complained and got around $2.00 refund for loss of service. This is the second device replacement in 3 years, besides that I have no complaints.

Pros

It keeps up with my hours of service on a daily basis

Cons

Stops working sometimes when there is a heavy rain. Mileage tracking completely quit working for 2 months. Disconnects from truck periodically.

Response from Motive

Hi Alton, thank you for your feedback. Please share your concerns with us at [email protected] so that we can look into this further.

Giovanni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Web and Mobile Apps for Drivers and Managers

Reviewed on 2023/04/19

The administrative ease of tracking all trucks/drivers on one map coupled with the ability to identifying any maintenance issues online on one platform is awesome!

Pros

The ELD device plugs in in just minutes and allows you as a driver to very simply log all your HOS. The app is great with four SIMPLE to see circle graphics showing you current time to break, remaining drive time, remaining shift time and cycle time...it is dead easy and super useful!From an admin perspective both the app on the iPhone and the Web application show you so much detail about the drivers and the fleet of vehicles, it makes it so simple to identify which vehicles require reactive and preventative maintenance. The apps are easy to use, look great, have all the detail ever needed, and make it simple to digest large amounts of data about a lot of drivers and trucks...GREAT TOOL!!

Cons

Occasionally, the driver app will notify you that "Motive made changes" to your log...and those are like for a 30 second roll from a fule pump to a parking spot...that interrupts a break or something and is annoying.

ELD ONE

Reasons for Switching to Motive

The price was PER TRUCK...other apps require fees for EACH DRIVER...if you have less trucks and more drivers MOTIVE is for you!!

Response from Motive

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you and will add the product feedback for you regarding the 'motive made changes' alert.

Just the basics

Reviewed on 2021/07/20

My thoughts,

My thoughts,

Well, I manage two companies which use ELDs. In one, we have one KeepTrucking device and the other we use Verizon’s system in the fleet of about 10 units. So everyday I get to compare your systems. KeepTrucking has direct advantages over Verizon’s but lacks in a couple areas. First, KT’s advantage is driver ease of use, and we can do the system installation. Verizon is hard for drivers to understand and needs special service techs to install. Secondly area of service, Montana is the fourth largest state and one of the least cellular regions in the country. There is no getting around it we have dead zones, KT recovers faster than Verizon once a cell tower is picked up. KT is the truckers ELD.

The only real downfall is what or how the trucking management fields are used. Verizon has more included functions in their system, such as timecards and logs, daily and details reports of the drivers and/or the trucks systems. So, cost most likely another issue, that is to say data; the KT system we have needed more data than what was provided in our initial package which we had to purchase on top of our informed cost. Verizon’s total cost was up front.

Cons

Response from Motive

Thank you, Dave. We're glad that you like using our service. We value your input and feedback very much. Keep on Truckin!

Charles

You never stop paying…….

Reviewed on 2023/10/11

Great tech. Poor customer service.I will not use them again.

Great tech. Poor customer service.I will not use them again.

Pros

Great technology. Solid reporting. Rear and front facing cameras.

Cons

On July, 20, 2023, my truck my destroyed in a fire. I had a Motive system in that truck. A short time later, I contacted Motive and requested to cancel my service. Today some three months after my truck was destroyed,I get a call from an employee at Motive who told me that the only way that I could cancel my service, was to close my business and send them a letter from the FMCSA. I explained that I was not closing my business , I just wanted to cancel my service. I became frustrated and he got his lacey panties in a wad because I told hi that I thought it was bullshit to pay for a service that you don’t receive. The bottom line is that I have to pay this bunch $300+ a quarter until March of 2025. That is just nuts.

Verizon Connect

Better tech

Response from Motive

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! Please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line at (855) 434-3564, so we can address your concerns and improve your experience. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Lauri

Peace of mind

Reviewed on 2021/09/24

The benefits are that we can count on the devices to work as they are supposed to and they keep us in compliance with DOT regulations. The last company we were with was very hit and miss on if their equipment worked as it was supposed to for the clients. It was disturbing.

Pros

We only employ owner/operators and most are up in age and do not like technology or change. They were pleasantly surprised with your system and the ease of use. As the Safety Director, I like that I am sent an email any time there is an HOS issue with any of our drivers. I applaud your tech support team too! They are very knowledgeable and patient.

Cons

Integration to Keep Trukin was pleasantly easy. Our driver's installed the devices themselves and they are older guys that do not like change or technology. I cannot say that there is anything I do not like about the software.

Response from Motive

Thank you so much for your response! We are glad that you like it. Do let us know in case if you have any suggestions as we would be more than happy to hear them.

Terrence
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

KeepTruckin/Motive The Worst ELD To Use In Trucking Business - BE WARNED!

Reviewed on 2022/10/28

KeepTruckin/Motive is the worst in the ELD business. Truckers please don't use them. If you think the system is bad enough, call customer service. Those people are the worst in dealing with customers. When they failed to electronically logged our unit, they continue to take our money under false pretense. It does not matter how many times you call the worse customer service company around, nothing is done. Our company almost lost our authority because the device was not electronically logging. This is the worst I have seen. They have now changed their name from KeepTruckin to Motive to let go the their bad reputation. That will not work because your system and bad customer service remain the same. They will unethically lock you in a 48 month contract even when they tell you that it's not a contract. I could never recommend KeepTruckin/Motive.

Pros

Nothing actually! They are the worst. I hear that they were the worst and We decided to give them a chance but they lived up to the bad name they usually get.

Cons

It did not electronically logged which is what we contracted for. Thats the requirement by FMSCA and they don't even care that they device is not doing what we are paying them to do. No matter how much we called and complained, they did nothing except for promises. If you want to BE IN PROBLEMS with FMSCA, you can use them.

Response from Motive

We're sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience using Motive! Please provide us with your contact details so that we can reach out to you in order to address your concerns and make your experience better. Moreover, for further queries please feel free to email us at [email protected] or call us directly at our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564.

Dwight

Reviewed on 2022/07/12

I personally love it . Finally being able to take pictures of multiple BOL and my fuel receipts to track the loads I’ve hauled , plus the multiple trailer add ons (I haul turnpikes ) has been extremely helpful .

Pros

What I really enjoy about the motive system is it pretty much does everything for you . Looking forward to it being transponder friendly . That’s always a big advantage . The tracking the mileage separate between the provinces is great l makes ifta so easy .

Cons

Awww. This is a bit of an upset with me . Not being able to manipulate it when you have long wait times makes it a little tricky if you have to drove 2 to 3 hours to your load destination, you have to really hope your wait time isn’t too long , otherwise you can’t really get your maximum kms in .

Dana

Good Product/Service

Reviewed on 2022/03/07

Very good experience with KT. Excellent customer service, informative sales staff. Seem to have a great culture at KeepTruckin, and it shows in our dealing with them.

Pros

Software is easy to use, and so far has proved to be very reliable.

Cons

One feature I really dislike is not having the ability to change unit ID or unit names once they have been assigned, if even its assigned only once. Would like to see the ability to either change Unit IDs or add nicknames to the units. It would be a big help for us, that way if new office staff are learning, or new drivers are hired its much easier to identify units rather than a singular unit number.

Response from Motive

Hi Dana, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with KeepTruckin's services. if you have any queries or concerns please feel free to send us an email at [email protected] or reach us out on our 24/7 Support Helpline (855) 434-3564.

Allan
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Motive ELD

Reviewed on 2022/09/20

We have been pleased with the Motive system, and the support is normally quick to respond.

Pros

The Motive app is very user friendly and in many areas mirrors what drivers see with paper logs. Being able to see a proper grid view of events makes it easy to implement and maintain.

Cons

As with any tech, there are glitches from time to time. As a cellular based product, working in areas of poor connectivity can effect the admin view in real time, but the driver app can store and forward so usually catches up when service is obtained

Reasons for Switching to Motive

Response from Motive

Thank you for the wonderful review! It's great to hear that you appreciate our service. Please help spread the word and for any further queries please feel free to reach us out at [email protected] or call our 24/7 Support Line (855) 434-3564, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reuben
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Overall a good user friendly product

Reviewed on 2023/07/11

Pros

It is a good easy to use product and is trouble free with good customer service.

Cons

The dashcam could be up graded coz there’s a difference between travelling highways amd city operations and following too close is an issue. In the city we have to keep it tight to be safe.

Response from Motive

Wow, thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you're happy with our service. Please feel free to spread the word and If you have any questions or need assistance, our support team is always here for you via email at [email protected] or by phone at (855) 434-3564. Our 24/7 support line is ready to assist you.