BuildingConnected

Bid tracking and management for construction contractors

4,4
4,4
Raina W.

Total Game Changer

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Absolutely love it!

Pros

No one else that has this type of software comes anywhere close to the ease of use and ability to generate reports on the productivity and effectiveness of our past bids. I went from inputing about 30% of the information Building Connected has available in my own excel spreadsheet for at least 2-3 hours per day to letting the program do its job and running reports at my leisure!

Cons

Occasionally, the website locks up and causes some frustration with my sales team, but they all agree that we can never go back!

David V.

Could be better

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/08/25

If the problems shown above are corrected I would describe as good.

Pros

Allows us to send bids in our area to many subcontractors.

Cons

1) Impossible to use in iPhone.
2) Comments are not valued by Buildingconnected Management
3) Mixes apples and oranges when it comes to UNION versus OPEN SHOP Subs, it needs serious revamping.
4) Ditto regarding the mix of subs, painters show under electrical subs. This needs a complete revamp, as well.
5) The selection of dates is cumbersome as the calendar "moves" up and down instead of being located in the same place when changing months.
6) During the set up of project one cannot pick a date for the RFI date.
7) The cursor does not automatically go to the proper location to start typing, instead it necessitates the use of the mouse to move the cursor there. This should be for ALL cases where one needs to type information.
8) There is too many BAD EMAIL ADDRESSES identified in the database that NEVER get corrected. There needs to be an earnest effort coming from the very top to keep the DATABASE in ship shape. We pay WAY TOO much money for this to be the case.
9) There needs to be more refinement within the categories available to pick subs from the standard 16 CSI divisions. For instance, there is a huge difference between a sub who makes and installs the coolers and freezer boxes and those who do the refrigeration for them, such difference is not considered in the options.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Anthony F.

Improves Efficiency!

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

We have become more efficient in our bidding process, allowing us to increase our win percentage, increase our subcontractor coverage and to tackle more projects.

Pros

This software is paramount is organizing and presenting critical bidding information, not only to our subs but also relaying that information back to our Estimating team. The software can be setup to accommodate different levels of detail, with individual projects, or individual bid packages for each project. Easily distribute and download critical project documents.

Cons

A few of our "outdated" subcontractors are hesitant to login and interact with the system.

Nick W.
Industry: Construction

Possibly the best Bid Invitation Software available.

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

We wanted a bid invitation solution that our subcontractors liked, were familiar with, and we wanted a long term partner. So far the relationship with BC has been great. I wish the pricing was a little lower and more comparable to other softwares out there as that would allow me to not have to review other competitor products upon renewal.

Pros

The user-friendly interface allows us to issue bid invitations in a matter of minutes.

Cons

I dislike that you have to use the software to obtain quotes. I wish direct emails were possible without having to go through the web.

Marcel C.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Essential tool for Vendor/Subcontractor and Bid Proposal Management

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

It functions in about 95% of all items.. Few things which I wished to be implemented I sent to Support for considerations and received feedback that they will pursue them in future releases.

Pros

Davaco's business model is to perform commercial remodels of Retail, Restaurants or Hospitality Projects throughout USA and Canada. While we have many W2 employees which travel throughout the territories to perform a variety of tasks - we are heavily dependent on partnering with local Subcontractors to perform additional remodel tasks. In this process BuildingConnected tool is essential to send invitation to bids and collecting bid proposals from multiple sources in the geographic location radius of the project itself. As such BC performs marvelous in that task.

Cons

Geographic radius invitations of Bidders with the filters for Non or Union based, minority business owners. Easy proposal creation and upload of proposal - tracking and overall ease of use.

Lillian B.

Our Daily Work Horse

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

Accountability for our staff's productivity. Streamlines the bidding process, start to finish.

Pros

This software helps our project managers stay organized with their to-do list of projects and holds our team accountable for their productivity with bidding. The jobs constantly flow in effortlessly, since we choose our scope and range of work. We just sit back and wait for projects that we can either accept or deny. Our dashboard of opportunities is seldom empty, which keeps us busy!

Cons

Sometimes I wish more of our contractors utilized the software, so our bids could be submitted and tracked automatically. Just a few extra steps to be sure it makes it onto the bid board and tracked through analytics. I believe with time, the software will gain more recognition within the industry. With this being said, we have also built new relations with contractors via Building Connected's RFP dashboard.

Akasha H.

So easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

Pros

I like how user friendly it is. I also really like that each user controls their account but if I notice it's not up to date, I can make a suggestion. Crowd sharing is brilliant!

Cons

I would like to make comments for a particular company which can only be seen internally but without actually rating them. Right now, to make a comment, you have to rate them from 1-5 stars. But sometimes I need a comment about the contacts at a company, etc.

Kim S.

REVIEW

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

since we dont have any real support, its like paying for the support needed, tracking subs is a huge advantage in getting coverage.

Pros

FINDING SUBS THROUGH THE SEARCH IS GREAT, THAT IS HALF THE BATTLE, IF THERE NOT IN THERE, ONE YOU PUT IN COMPANY EMAIL, IF THERE RECOGNIZED ALL THE INFO SHOW UP. Notes for each subs, add people, who viewed documents, is really nice,

Cons

When i have a sublist, converting to excel is great but, i want the option to list, by category, bid, viewed , undecided, not bidding, it prints the entire list, that is annoying.
THe other item need fixing, is for sub to view plans and documents easier, it is difficult when they think they have to sign up and they dont need to. i get a fair amount of calls about that.

Kamen S.

Overall Experience Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

The software is definitely streamlining a lot of processes in the bidding of jobs. It is also helping with overall organization of documents and communications.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly overall. The network of contractors is very helpful.

Cons

The communication tends to come across to the contractors like a spam email and is ignored. I find myself needing to always follow up with a company email to get any real traction in communication. I also don't like the fact that the contractors can not be deleted after they are in the bid package. there are errors made sometimes and it would be nice to be able to delete.

Payal S.

Definitely recommend it

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/12/24

Being able to access subcontractor information, the bids, bid levelling - all of the tools make the bidding process much smoother and in one place.

Pros

The ease of finding all the bidding information in one place and user-friendliness of the website makes this a very helpful tool for bidding process.

Cons

The directory functionality needs some work.

Ryan K.

Tender Invites for the 20th Century

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Overall, Building Connected is still the best option I have looked at. There are a few minor tweaks that would make the software by far the best on the market

Pros

Ease of inviting trades
Bid leveling software
Visibility through company and colleges
Easy to create teams

Cons

Confusion on updating contact info
Adding trades from database is time consuming
Adding trades by the slider still requires manual correction

Brittany D.

Great Construction Resource

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Overall I will continue to use the software as it is a very reliable source.

Pros

I get receive 30% of my bid invites through Building Connected. Very organized. Nice layout. Definitely a recommended source.

Cons

The bid form is a bid to much others I have been on I put on the amount the scope and then drop my estimate in. With this software its a draw out process.

Dustin D.
Industry: Construction

Please get rid of Side Panel or make its use optional

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

It is convenient that with building connected all elements of pre construction are under one platform aside from detail material and labor takeoffs.

Pros

Prior to the side panel additional it was the most efficient way for me to track all aspects of pre construction with the least amount of time. The ability to assign projects to employees, the ability to submit proposals and track them from a single platform.

Cons

Currently I would with out a doubt say Side Panel.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Matt D.

Super Easy to Use, and Outstanding Support

Reviewed on 2016/08/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Setting up and sending out projects to bid is SO much easier than any other system I've used- we're talking minutes to setup and publish bid packages, as opposed to hours in some other tools. Uploading files to this system is blazing fast. Ability to create templates for bid packages and contacts to create your bidders lists. Copying info from other projects, and predictive text entry in most fields. Searchability for vendors within our own templates, and across the network. Also, BC support is probably the best I've ever worked with- very fast response time, and good direct follow-ups with the end users.

Cons

Only a minor item- need to be able to provide a link within email messages directly to files posted in the system (rather than attaching to message), so it will track the view/download history of contract documents... but I know the development team is working on this already.

Leizl Z.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Easy Product to Use in Construction

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Building Connected is easy to use. Very user friendly. The features are self explanatory and it's easy to find documents or upload documents in the system.

Pros

Building Connected is user friendly. We use this to have suppliers and subcontractors pre-qualify so that they are listed in our system for future bids. I've been using Building Connected for years and so far, I have not encountered a problem.

Cons

I don't usually have any problems using Building Connected. I use this for pre-qualification and looking for bid documents and I don't have a problem in any of these features.

Steven W.

Pros & Cons

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Pros

Bid Delivered and Viewed.

Ease of Upload

Cons

When Jobs are Submitted to Submitted Folder - Future addendums /changes when sent , go to the submiited job title. Manually have to move submitted Back to Accepted to resubmit changes.

Multiple interoffice networking. Cross reference with a sister company for bid information.

Andrew A.
Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Great Way to Get Quotes From All Disciplines

Reviewed on 2018/08/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This program is great for keeping everyone in the loop for jobs that are bidding. You can send out links to plans or addendums and upload them to the website.

Cons

There is not very much that is a negative about this program. If anything I think the number of irrelevant emails some disciplines will receive.

Tanya M.

Software to Highly Organize Your Procurement Process

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Pros

The software is a great organization tool in that you can upload all your RFP and bid documents and send to your vendor list. All information regarding a specific bid is stored in one place, which makes it easy to access all documentation related to a specific project.

Cons

A downside is that the software is designed for desktop computer use only. Because so much of construction takes places on the project site, it would be helpful if you could access bid and project documents through a mobile app.

Ricardo B.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

My experience

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

My overall experience is great I am able to communicate with everyone on one platform without having to worry about messages being stuck on a server.

Pros

The integration of communication between the GC and vendors.

Cons

So far I have none to give, I believe that from a daily user perspective is UX friendly.

Jon S.

Must use Building Connected

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Customer service is amazing, most of the time I receive a response within 30 minutes. This tool has helped us consolidate our bids into one place.

Pros

I use Building Connected daily to collect, request, and modify sub vendor bids for all of our projects. It's easy to use and has a nice user interface.

Cons

There are a few features that could be expanded on. They should focus more on their tool than trying to build other tools to expand in other markets.

Dave G.

The Building Connected Review by DG

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

Pros

Easy to understand and use. Fast and very efficient way to contact subcontractors and suppliers for project we are working on.

Cons

Not able to edit subcontractor and supplier information. Can be frustrating when information changes and I cannot change it but must rely on the sub or supplier to update their information which many times they do not.

Mindy B.
Industry: Construction

Easy to use bidding software that integrates with Procore

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/06/08

*Integration with Project Management Software
*Has a large spectrum of subcontractors
*Great Sales and Customer Service Team

Pros

The free version offers so much that you don't even need to buy the full version. It integrates with many major project management software companies like Procore. The sales team and customer support are top notch! Almost ALL of the subcontractors we use are already on Building Connected which makes it very convenient.

Cons

The integration could be a little better. Other then that, there are no other glaring shortfalls I can see.

Alec S.

Best Bid Solicitation Software on the market

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Pros

Ease of use, up-to-date subcontractor information for most regions in North America.

Cons

We cannot edit the sub trade information in the software directly whenever we come across or find errors.

Mike O.

Okay Product

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

It has been good but the sales trying to get you to sign up.

Pros

I like being able to get the plans for upcoming bids

Cons

The complexity and the sales trying to get you to sign up.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Stan G.

Building Connected first impressions

Reviewed on 2016/08/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As a user of a competitive system I can vouch for Building Connected's ease of use. Very slick interface and even those in the company with limited experience were up and running after just a few minutes. Their data base of vendors/subcontractors is pretty extensive. We do work in some remote locations around the country and there is always someone in the radius search we can use.

Customer support is awesome! Very responsive and people actually answer the phone! Who does that?

Cons

No Outlook integration. We have a shared calendar for all our site visits, proposal turn in, etc and this requires manually updating that calendar. If the system had it's own calendar on the opening dash board, that would be handy as well.