Jane

Practice management software designed by real clinic owners.

Lesley P.

Jane Review

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

I find the time I save on admin as a counsellor in private practice is invaluable; I went from spending at least 3 hours a day on invoices, keeping my own files (SOAP notes) on my laptop, receipts, find/creating forms, emailing notices, etc. to doing all of this through Jane with the click of a button; I now spend about 15 minutes a day doing what took me 3 hours when doing manually (not to mention the frustration of having to do it myself! Jane is literally like having a receptionist). But, Jane's support team is the kicker. I have never seen such a helpful support team as with Jane; not even the big company's like Virgin or Shaw Cable have support like Jane, it is unbeatable. Keep up the great work!

Pros

I was doing invoicing and receipts manually; and trying to keep track of client records - Jane cut my admin time in half which saves time and time is money. Jane is fairly straightforward to use but the Jane team has been invaluable in answering my questions within one business day every time and with useful answers every time (no wild goose chases for finding what I need! They know their stuff.).

Cons

There are just a couple of features that would be nice to have that Jane isn't configured for (calendar exporting to Outlook for example but I'm not sure that is a Jane problem). Adding more than one client/email to a profile (ie for couples counselling). However, Jane has a suggestions section that I'm sure will solve these cons in the near future. Another con however was that I wanted to use the direct billing option but found that Blue Cross doesn't allow RCC's to direct bill - NOT Jane's fault but disappointing.

Nick V.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Dear Jane...

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Two thumbs up. Ten out of ten. Gold star. Five out of five dentists approve. No side effects.

My overall experience has been great, but honestly I would never have given a review if not for the customer service. You guys have THE BEST customer service I have ever encountered, and I am an idiot who is constantly contacting customer support and trying to figure out how to fit the phone in my helmet, you know? In my job, I need to call often for support. You have always been excellent; both the phone support and the text-based support.

You're doing great. Stay golden, Ponyboy. Or girl, I guess, as it were. Jane and all. That's a reference to the Outsiders, by the way. Uhh... I'm old.

Pros

At a previous clinic, we used Booker. Booker was solid, pretty decent, no real complaints about the software itself. However, I've got a big complaint about the customer service. To put it bluntly, they sucked. Calling for help was like playing a fun little game of roulette... you spin the wheel, hope to get someone knowledgeable, and hang up and call again if you didn't. The only part about Booker's support I liked was the hold music. Seriously. I mean, pretty sincerely. That music was jamming. It was good stuff.

Jane is a lot like Booker in some ways, and significantly different in others, but those differences all seem to just require relearning how Jane works, and then it is fully functional. I never run into a situation where it turns out Jane CAN'T do what I want it to do... just a situation where I don't know HOW to get Jane to do what I want it to do. Once it's explained to me (two or three times), I get it, and it works very well.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say. Jane's cool, yo.

Response from Jane Software

Oh. My. Word.

Nick this is the best review we've ever received.

I enjoyed every line of it - and I do apologize for our hold music. We've changed it twice, but I think there's definitely still room for improvement. I'll work on that first thing tomorrow. Any requests?

And Nick... you're also pretty cool, yo.

Thanks for sharing some of your experience working with Jane and for making me smile tonight. I love that you took the initiative to learn about how Jane might solve problems a little differently than your last software - and 2 to 3 times to learn something is pretty good actually!

Also I read the Outsiders in grade 9. Do they not read that in school anymore? Maybe that makes me old too.

Terri M.

Wonderful software, wonderful team!

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

Jane App has been a wonderful addition to our office and makes managing patient files a dream. The Jane team is always there to help if needed and are ever changing to grow with the new world.

Pros

East of use, always improving to make it work even better than it already does, its nice to look at.

Cons

The ability to limit what patients can see on he their profile.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Terri,

Thanks so much for all the stars!

This is such a pleasure to read this morning. I love that you're enjoying working with Jane in your practice and that you're taking the time to "train Jane" in all the ways that work best for you through customization.

So glad you're part of the Jane Community Terri! I especially love it when Jane gets along well with Admin Managers and Team - practices are a busy place and I'm always thrilled when Jane can help with the day-to-day.

Have a wonderful weekend Terri!

Karen r A.

Using Jane

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

I've been doing 'forensic tracking' of old VA claims. It's a tedious data entry process, but the results have been very satisfactory.
We plan on training patients to recognize that we can deliver Chinese Medicine through telemed, and Jane's telemed service is so simple and easy, which is going to help.

Pros

Jane has been a fantastic 'staff member'. Scheduling is a breeze, tracking payments - especially VA payments - is incredibly useful and easy, especially compared to my old, clunky spreadsheet method. Best of all is the telemed feature.
I'm also deeply appreciative of Jane's Covid-19 pre-screen process, which has simplified our patient entry. I've copied that template into a new chart template, so that practitioners can screen, on arrival, those patients who forget or are not computer savvy, also simplifying patient entry.

Cons

I would like to have more flexibility in designing patient communications (eg being able to format text), and in designing chart notes that fit on one page.
Like any database, being able to access help depends on knowing what questions to ask. That's been a *bit* annoying, but if I really get stuck, I just send an email to Jane, and always get a response within 24 hours. We may go back and forth a bit, but I'm almost always satisfied by the results.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Karen,

Thanks so much for this review today! I just LOVE that you think of Jane as a staff member - part of the team. That's so great.

And happy to hear that insurance tracking has been easier for you since you hired Jane. ;)

One of my little secrets for searching Jane's guides is to user Google. Google has indexed them all - so if you go to Google and search your question (or keywords) with "Jane App" you will get really relevant and helpful results from our guide. But we'll keep working on making that search easier!

For example searching "merging patients Jane App" on Google should get you the guide you're looking for.

I'm so glad we get to work together Karen - and so excited that the Online Appointments and covid screening features have helped your practice over the past few months.

So glad you've joined the Jane Community. Looking forward to continuing to work together.

Susannah-joy S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Everything we wanted and more

Reviewed on 2020/04/04

Jane has made scheduling and payment almost effortless. It's worth every penny for that alone.

Pros

Jane's instantly available help, scheduling, payment process, and types of reports are at the top of my list. After that, adding/removing staff, setting up sessions, infographs, and now telehealth come a very close second. The opportunity to make suggestions regarding suggested features and voting on the features that are important to our practice is a cool thing, as are the chart templates that create a shared community of practice. Very groovy.

Cons

As a mental health practice, there are some issues around confidentiality that require practices which are very difficult if not impossible in Jane. With the help of Jane we have found workarounds - awkward but doable. We're hopeful that as more clinical practices focusing on mental health become a part of Jane, these features will be more readily available. There are no issues with Jane that would cause me to drop any stars. This platform is still a 10 on all fronts.

Response from Jane Software

Susannah-Joy,

Thanks for these kind words - first time we've heard that Jane is groovy, and I'm definitely digging it! ;)

I love hearing that a shared charting template is creating a feel of community within your practice. That is such a wonderful idea and likely so helpful when coordinating client care. 5 gold stars for you too!

And I'm so pleased to be able to tell you that more flexible permissions per profile (we're calling the project "granular permissions" internally) is well underway. It's a huge project but I agree that it's an especially important one.

We've seen mental health adoption of technology surge ahead this year, and dramatically so during this covid response period.

We're dedicated to continuing to serve the Mental Health community with some more industry specific features coming throughout 2020.

Thanks again for such a lovely review of Jane. Have a wonderful Monday.

Crystal B.

Beautiful interface for holistic practices

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Great customer service.

Pros

The interface is nice and quick to learn. Jane team is helpful and easy to contact by email. I like the ease of having clients do online intake, consents and billing. I like being able to build templates.

Cons

This software really lacks features for healthcare practitioners that need to track coding of ICD10.. which is important when you are ordering labs and billing. It doesn't have a way to have flowsheets of data or problem management, which is terrible for midwives. You can't track lab values anywhere either... it's like your having to open and keep open a visit note to have a template to enter values in. I have also seen no additional features or updates in the time I have been using it.. until Covid came along.. they added televisit option.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Crystal,

Nice to hear from you!

I'm glad you've found much of Jane easy to use and that you've enjoyed chatting with our team

Many of your cons are very true. Thanks for listing them here - as I think it's important for people considering Jane to recognize that integrated labs and the tracking of lab values over time isn't currently available.

The "vitals" chart piece is built to be tracked over time visually and we're working on that on our end - so we'll keep improving on that.

If you'd like to see what we're currently building or vote for features, I wonder if you've seen our feature request list? You can access it from the drop down from your name at the top right - click "Feature Request" and then at the very top left you can flip over to "Roadmap" to see more info.

Under the "Feature Request" tab you can also search and upvote your feature requests.

Thanks again for the feedback - we love hearing how could do better.

Ariel B.

Work without encumbrances

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

My overal experience with Jane has been outstanding. It is highly customizeable, while at the same time completely in sync with the way we do things in my field. No unnecessary anything, without anything missing. It is extremely well thought through, is easy to use, and I got it running in two hours!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

Jane does what you need in the most intuitive and straightforward manner. It has every thing you need and not one thing extra. Paths to forms, administrative tasks and everything else are clear, help is always excellent, and often I find myself admiring the designers and programmers for their common sense.

Cons

Nothing! I am smitten with Jane. It is wonderfully designed.

Response from Jane Software

Oh my thanks for this review!

I'm so glad you're finding Jane to be a great helper to your practice. I'm going to pass along your lovely compliments to both the product and support teams. They will be so thrilled

And I'm very proud of you for being up and running in just a couple of hours - well done! Jane does need a little bit of training on the way your practice runs at the start, so I'm glad you have everything set up in a way that suits you and your clients.

I'm especially fond of your use of the verb "smitten." That is a first in a Jane review and I'm not going to commit to using it in a review for someone else online as a pay-it-forward gesture.

I'm so glad you're part of the Jane Community Ariel. Let us know if there's anything more we can do to help!

on behalf of Jane

Reliable EMR system

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

Reliable EMR system, multifunctional, easy and neat user interface, excellent customer support

Pros

- Easy to use for both administrators and patients/clients
- Clean and organized user interface
- Great customer support
- Functional - billing, charting, scheduling

Cons

- Charting could be more advanced - ideally incorporating some elements of previous chart notes to save users more time charting
- Cost is slightly more expensive than competitors

Near Perfect

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Benefits are ease of use, functionality, creating tasks for myself and other users that I can see and follow up with, no paper, customer service, ease of implementation for day to day, accessibility, color scheme, personality, online booking ability, messages and follow up with patients, connection to mailchimp.

Pros

I have been working in the field for over 10 years and have used several different products in my practice. Jane take almost all the goods from each of them and implements them in a user friendly platform. The day to day is relatively simple and speeds up as I get used to the programming. I am a nerd so I could use a few more reports, but maybe I just have not used it enough to get what I am looking for. I am excited about implementing Jane into the practice.

Cons

I cannot easily figure out how to Duplicate common procedures along with the notes.
A report for missed/No Show/Cancelled/rescheduled
A report for the daily Totals on on one page.
I am not sure where I can find rescheduled, no show, missed appointments, cancelled appointments once they are off the schedule.
A place to record where patients came from ie BNI, referral, etc
No visit counter outside of the yearly visit counter for insurance ie for tracking insurance reports
Again all these might be on there but I have not found them or a training on them yet.

Response from Jane Software

Well, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy you did.

And we have lots of new reporting features in the works, so it's great to hear you'll find those helpful to your practice. And we're all nerds too ;) So you'd fit right in around here....

I wonder if you've tried out the "unscheduled patient report" - It's a bit of an unsung hero for catching those missed/cancelled/no show patients who haven't rebooked. And the summary report has quite a bit of detail in one page. I love the way you think and I'll send those suggestions along to our data department to keep in mind as we develop our reporting dashboards.

One favour! Since you didn't leave your name - if you want to email our team at [email protected] we can go over Jane's current reporting with you to find the data you're looking for now!

Cristina r. D.

A Beautiful, Evolving Practice Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Outstanding customer service and a software that is expanding and evolving in ways that make sense, are customer driven (we ask, they evolve and provide), with training and support along to way so we understand how to use it. I am extremely happy with Jane overall.

Pros

Comprehensive, integrated features, ease of use, visually appealing.

Cons

A few quirky things that had not yet been integrated - HOWEVER, Jane Team does a fantastic job of consistently evolving the software to fit our needs. I'm sticking with them, and growing as they grow.

Response from Jane Software

Oh Cristina - I don't know if it's something in the air, but your statement that you're "sticking with them, and growing as they grow" really got me.

Thank you for being along for Jane's journey - I'm so proud to be a part of your practice's story.

And in the spirit of improvement, I'd love to hear more about the "quirky things" you've run across that could be improved! Feel free to respond to this message if you'd like to share them with me - or there's always the "Feature Requests" area from the drop down under your name at the top right of your Jane account.

As you mentioned, Jane is always growing and improving (aren't we all??) and that we get to do that with our whole Jane Community is such a privilege.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts Cristina, and for growing with Jane over the last 2 years. Here's to many more!

Sharon H.

Janeapp

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Patient info/storage right at our fingertips - for the clinicians and for administration. The app just covers so many aspects for our use.

Pros

it is completely user friendly. It covers so many aspects of storage regarding patient info and files, payment info, EAP details, notification, scheduling...it is a very comprehensive setup and we are loving it!

Cons

Haven't found any cons yet. Any time that we think we have an issue, it has been resolved or is being worked on already.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Sharon!

Thanks for the review and I'm so glad you're enjoying running your practice with Jane - what a delight to read your feedback today.

And it sounds like you're sharing your questions or suggestions with our team already, so I'm glad to hear that we're heading in the right direction.

We sometimes say that we are supporting you the way you are supporting your clients - so thanks for giving us the opportunity to be a part of that story.

Have a lovely Monday!

Chelsie S.

The BEST

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Pros

The customization to make chart notes how YOU want is great

Cons

Been using for 10 months and there are always new updates and features to integrate that I wouldn't have thought of.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Dr. Chelsie,

I'm so glad you're enjoying working with Jane!

I hope you had a chance to check out our last webinar that covered our advanced "Smart Charting" features. If you enjoy customizing your chart notes you might like learning about these new features that help make charting even more unique to your workflows.

You can find it here if you missed it: https://vimeo.com/479381194

It really does go over the most advanced features of Jane's charting, but if you're adventurous there's some great tips in there!

Thanks for taking the time to share some of your experience here with us at Jane and with those that might be considering Jane for their practices.

I appreciate you!

Ali - Co-Founder

Kyle W.

Jane App - #1 EHR on the market for their customer service, software quality, and price

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Jane App software has been an excellent experience for myself and for our clients. I have loved Jane App the moment I signed up with their software program!

Pros

It is easy to use and train anyone regardless of their computer technology experience. It is quick and easy to find what you are looking for. It is great software program with excellent costumer service. Jane App is innovative and the Jane App team is always trying to update their software to make it better for the future.

Cons

There was a glitch in Jane App software and our business gmail account yesterday that lasted for a couple hours. We couldn't communicate back and forth through email. This has only happened once and it was unusual.

Response from Jane Software

Kyle, what a title!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! :)

I'm only allowed 255 characters here so I'll just say I appreciate you and I'm glad you're a part of Jane's Community....

Alison -Co-Founder

Nicholas B.

Jane App

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

We love Jane App and we are assured that solutions will be found to resolve the two previous points.

Pros

Easy-to-use, a dynamic team with constant concern for evolving and improving functionalities, rapid and courteous technical support.

Cons

Bilingual option for customers not available in full, fees to high with Jane Payments.

Response from Jane Software

Good Morning Dr. Beaudoin,

Thanks for sharing your experience with Jane! So appreciated.

It's funny - I was thinking about Jane's bilingualism just yesterday... as you probably know, you can choose to have Jane's patient facing language as either French or English (well, actually there's about 10 languages to choose from!), and, since much of Jane is customizable, you can add both languages for treatment names etc.

Being able to flip between languages would be better. I hope you've added your voice to that feature request on our list, but if not here's a link: https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/bilingual-online-booking

As for payment processing fees... this is also something I'm thinking a lot about. I've been passionate about transparency on fees for a long time, as most traditional processing hides the true costs. More to come on this subject but I'm running out of room here! Thanks for the feedback.

Sherri T.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

A wonderful tool in my private practice

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

I am spending less time scheduling back and forth with clients. Also, this systems ensures that I am never double booking clients and decreases the number who are " no shows" >

Pros

I had resisted moving to electronic note taking, scheduling etc... for quite a while. After exploring a few options, I chose to go with the Jane App just a few months ago. It was easy to start using, and the instructions are clear and approachable. It has made scheduling, note taking , video call and more easy to use and accessible to all my patients. Lastly, with the unexpected pandemic, the video conference call addition has been essential.

Cons

I wish that somehow it could sync with my google calendar , but its not essential.

Response from Jane Software

Good Morning Sherri,

What a wonderful way to start our day - reading your lovely review.

I'm so glad to hear that your move from paper to electronic note taking haas been a successful one. It's a hurdle that can seem daunting for many - so well done!

And it's so great to hear that the video sessions are working well for you. That's really music to my ears as we're continuing to work non-stop on improving the compatibility across different types of device and browsers.

Look at you - transitioning your praactice from paper/in-person to completely online in just 2 months. That's an impressive amount of change in a short amount of time - well done Sherri!

I'm not sure if you've seen the info about subscribing to your Google Calendar - it is only one way but you can have your appointments synched. See more here: https://jane.app/guide/staff-profiles/subscribing-to-your-calendar-for-staff

Have a lovely Tuesday!

Monika A.

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Pros

Ability to edit settings on our end and the schedule to patient profile function, as well as, who booked the patient and when. Also the notes function. And the reminders to book.

Cons

The lack of customization for the online booking page and formatting and email formatting.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Monika,

Thanks for the feedback about your experience with Jane. I looked up your emails with our team to see what degree of online booking customization you were looking for (beyond adding logo, selecting colours, adding a background image and updating language - I think you already know about all of those options).

I just found the feedback you provided and love some of the suggestions. We talk a lot internally about how Jane is never "done". We will always be working with Jane on self-improvement - usually in iterations of each feature. So this feedback is super helpful thank you!

And glad you're enjoying the return visit reminders and the degree to which you can customize Jane! In case you missed any of it this guide might be helpful: https://jane.app/guide/notifications-reminders/customizing-jane

Thanks again for the review and for being part of the Jane Community!

Corey W.

Amazing software

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Amazing experience. I spend so much less time on administrative issues. And because it is web based I can take care of things on the go.

Pros

Had made my life easier and more efficient. Scheduling, charting, billing, credit card processing and exercise prescriptions All in one place or with amazing integrations. Customer Service is also very good. Very easy to manage my team and keep track of what is going on

Cons

Unable to provide bilingual solutions for my clients

Nicole B.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Exceptional service. Friendly service. Prompt replies with 110% of the info you need to address your inquiry.

Pros

They listen to their users and make changes to satisfy the needs of their audience.

Cons

You can't rate their service higher than 10/10!!!

Response from Jane Software

Hi Nicole,

Well this wins for my favourite Con - ha! Thanks for the stars and the love - you've brought me joy today, so appreciate that you took the time to share your experience.

YOU get ALL the stars this morning as a wonderful part of Jane's story.

Appreciate you Nicole.

Ali - Co-Founder

Marnie L.

Incredible support

Reviewed on 2021/04/04

This software and the team that supports truly delivers exceptional care.

Pros

It is always improving and making my life easier and whenever I have suggestions I really see results!

Cons

If there are limits they would be only my tech insufficiencies;). I would love to have a write to text translation program syncing option from my surface as I find the drawing and ‘writing’ to not be super sensitive, but again I think this might be my computer vs your software.

Deidre M.

Service is excellent

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Pros

Such prompt and thorough responses to my many questions in the set up process. Exceeded expections in this area.

Cons

Still need a few more features in the inventory aspect for practitioners with stores / medicinaries/ dispensaries but the excellent service makes them shine above other companies that may have more features but don't provide the service and may not be around in 10 years.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Dr. Deidre,

So nice to hear from you and thanks for your review.

I definitely brag about our support crew at every opportunity - and we like to say that when you join Jane you get a community of peers AND a group of people that are here to cheer you on! So I'm glad that you've felt so supported in the set up period.

I'd always love to hear more about the inventory features you're looking for - I'll pull up your emails and take a quick look through, but feel free to add your suggestion to our "feature request" list if you'd like.

It's a place where you can make suggestions and other's can add their votes or comments - you can access the list from the drop down under your name at the top right of the screen when logged in to Jane.

Jane is always on a mission of self improvement. And the list is a long one!

Glad you're a part of the Jane Community Dr. Deidre.

Jacqueline K.

Great platform

Reviewed on 2021/04/15

I was my own business with myself as the only practitioner. I was doing everything from providing the services, to marketing, to admin. It would’ve been great had I not been a new mom and had the pressures of a new pandemic all at once. Still, I feel Jane App saved me from bigger mistakes I could’ve made on my own or with a different product. I tried Unified Practice while interning elsewhere, but that was bulky and didn’t take care of financials and multiple team members of other disciplines, which is where I was heading towards.

Pros

There were many features that I would’ve forgotten or not known to do for my first business.

Cons

I wanted to do a post session survey for session that my client did on her own. I could only create a survey form for something that was on my schedule as a practitioner. However, my clients have some sessions with me and some on their own that I assist them with. I didn’t want to have to use an additional trainer app such as TrueCoach.

Emily M.

Best business management app ever

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

I realized that the JANE app is like having a team of secretaries in one app that covers everything that a business needs without all the extra costs. I have noticed that the convenience of online booking is something that also draws my clients to me.

Pros

JANE always gets back to me right away with great information and suggestions. I like how it is so easy to make and change appointments both business and personal.

Cons

I wish there were more categories in the website part of the JANE app where it shows my hours, prices, biography, and maps/directions so that I can advertise myself better by promoting massage therapy. This would also save me money from creating a domain name and making a website for myself separate of the JANE app.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Emily,

What a lovely review! Thanks for sharing and I'm so glad to hear that you've been helped by our team (which I sometimes think of as YOUR team!) . Jane comes with a team of cheerleaders to complement the secretaries;)

We're lucky to have you as part of the Jane Community - thanks again for taking time to leave some feedback.

Salina B.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Love this!

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Love the app and the shopping experience with this app

Pros

I love the ease of use with this app. It makes shopping so easy and so much fun. I love the items available for purchase

Cons

I have experienced no cons related to this app. It makes shopping easy and fun and offers great options

Response from Jane Software

Uh oh! I think you were looking to review the Jane clothing app, not this Jane... the practice management platform.

But - since we haven't had much luck in getting erroneous reviews removed we'll just say we're so glad that you're enjoying the purchases you've made!

Online shopping is a small joy in this time of social distancing :)

Hope you run into OUR Jane with one of your healthcare providers one day Salina.

Cheryl W.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

Excellent - thank you so much!

Pros

So easy to use, lessened our accounting needs/paper use

Cons

Not much. It has been great from the start!

Debbie M.

Ease of System Set Up

Reviewed on 2021/04/18

We are in the process of using Jane for online booking, payments with square reader and Telus integration....high learning curve but so many benefits!

Pros

Jane is very intuitive! Love the little hints posted on the site during our set up process! The videos and university are very helpful! Bravo team!

Cons

At this point, it is too early to tell! Nothing so far.