Jane

Practice management software designed by real clinic owners.

Jane got me through April 2020

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

My business was ordered to stop conducting in-clinic operations due to the COVID-19 crisis. The Jane Team launched the online video conferencing feature that they were planning to launch at the end of 2020. It allowed me to continue conducting business and adhere to the government's mandate to maintain physical distancing.
Not only that they offered two weeks of webinar style training sessions that they were planning to offer using an on-site conference setting.
It has been Jane and I running the business all of April 2020 and I could not have done it without "her"!

Pros

Online billing, online booking , reporting of Key Performance Indicators, scheduling, and electronic medical records all in one affordable package.
Great customer service.

Cons

There has not been a downside. It is very easy to learn and it has all the features that I need.

Response from Jane Software

Sandra

This is so lovely - and what an honour it has been to spend the last few weeks with you at Allied.

I was surprised (although I shouldn't have been!) by the great chat participation throughout the sessions - even in an online version of what we were hoping to be a community building in-person experience. Thanks for joining us! We are lucky at Jane to be working with people like you...

And I'm so glad to hear that you're working with Online Appointments! We're still working on more resources for you around returning to in-practice treatment and what it might look like to have a bit of a hybrid model for a while, with both in office and online care.

Today we're working on a guide for screening calls with COVID-19 screening intake forms and consents.

You're doing a phenomenal job Sandra! If there's more Jane can do to help you and your practice in resources, education or features let us know.

Cassandra

Thankful for Jane!

Reviewed on 2022/08/30

Jane didn't necessarily solve problems for me but it made it a million times easier and faster to run my practice. So great!

Pros

Transitioning to Jane from paper charts is the best thing I've done for my wellbeing in years. Jane's AMAZING customer service is the best part. They walked me through the transition and have been promptly there for me with any remaining questions. It's incredibly easy to utilize Jane for patient management, online booking, patient portal and invoicing. I decided to add on Jane's Stripe credit card processing (even tho it's more expensive than Square) for ease of use and I'm so glad I did. Thanks Jane!

Cons

The only thing that could be added that would be really helpful in my practice is patient communication. Right now, I still have to email my patients from an outside source then add those emails back in as files if I need to keep track of our communication.

Unified Practice and SimplePractice

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Jane's customer service reviews were outstanding and the colleagues I knew who were using Jane discussed that as a huge selling point. Accessibility to Jane is everything when you're stuck.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Cassandra,

We are thankful for YOU!

"Transitioning to Jane from paper charts is the best thing I've done for my wellbeing in years." This line says it all! I know it can feel like a big transition, but I'm so happy you reached out to our support team so we could walk alongside you.

Secure Messaging in Jane is actually something that we're working on. If you haven't seen it already, please do add your vote to the feature request here: https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/secure-messaging-within-jane That way you can stay up to date with the status of this feature.

We're so happy you made the switch, Cassandra.

Amanda
  • Used for 1+ year

Major issue with basic function

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Pros

Nothing - I have a major complaint - see below.

Cons

I have used JaneApp as a client with about 3 different organizations and I always run into the same time-consuming, frustrating issue. When booking an appointment slot with someone, JaneApp gives you the option to choose that slot and book it. However, once you select the time slot, it says "Let's get you signed in." No problem. I sign in. But then, instead of simply completing the booking of the slot I chose, it shows my account with the words 'no bookings'. So then I have to manually go to the calendar again to book that slot. HOWEVER, now that slot is unavailable. (Someone told me that Janeapp makes slots unavailable for 3 minutes after booking.) So I have to wait for a few minutes until the time slot shows up as available again. This is glitchy and confusing. If clients are required to sign in BEFORE booking, they should NOT be given the option to book appointments - the system should force them to sign in first. If they are NOT required to sign in first, they should be given the option to book a given slot, and then if they need to sign in, that's fine, but then once this is complete, clients should be automatically returned to the process to complete that same booking SEAMLESSLY without having to go back to the calendar or rechoose the slot (after being confused and wondering why it's no longer available), just like other functional booking systems do. I don't know why this basic issue has not been addressed. Would not recommend this software!

Response from Jane Software

Hi Amanda,

Oh shoot. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Jane's online booking.

You mention you're a patient having trouble booking with Jane's online booking flow. And that you're using Jane to book at 3 different practices!

I can imagine, then, that any difficulties you're having are 3 times as frustrating. It definitely sounds like you're having a strange experience with the way Jane's behaving for you - when you sign in, your chosen appointment should be already selected and ready to confirm. And actually, if you're working on a private device, you can have Jane remember you so that you don't have to log in every time you want to book.

I'm going to make sure your experience as a patient is well documented here on our side, but more importantly I'm hopeful we can fix the log in problems you're experiencing.

We'll follow up to your email.

Talk soon - Alison - Co-Founder

Kelly

Acupuncture

Reviewed on 2023/10/27

My overall experience with Janeapp is a very positive one, and opening another business I would certainly use Janeapp if the software applied to the circumstances, environment, and situations that were needed.

Pros

I love the user friendliness of Jane as a patient, and then also as a staff. As a new staff, I was somewhat accustomed to using Jane from a patient’s perspective, but it was almost seamless with out any major problems moving into the staff position because everything was that much more clear.

A quick Google search with Jane app 9/10 times quickly brought me the answer that I needed working in a fast paced environment

Cons

Some of the Jane customer service support fell short.

Recently August-October 2023 some of the customer service agents were clearly not aware of their Jane product and did not want to say I don’t know let me find out for you. They just repeated what I said and then basically said “this is all I can do” …we’re closing this issue “

… majority of the time Jane quickly and professionally delivered a friendly and positive resolution to the issue; thankfully, the overall experience with Jane has been 80-90% positive.

Response from Jane Software

Hi there Kelly. Oh my, thank you so much for this honest and helpful review of Jane. We're really glad that you've found it so user-friendly. In our mission to "help the helpers" we of course aim to meet the needs of our everyday users like providers, office managers, admin, etc. but the patient/client experience is just as important to us, so this is truly lovely to hear!
It sounds like our self-serve options made the difference for you when it came to learning the staff side of things. On one hand, it's great to hear our resources helped you get set up, but it's really difficult to hear your experience with our support team so far hasn't been that great. That's the opposite of what we want so I'm really sorry to hear that and I'm hoping our team can continue to work to earn your trust back. I'd love to understand a bit more about your experience and feedback to see how we can improve - if you're open to sharing more, just send us an email to [email protected]. Regardless, thank you again for the wonderful review, Hope to see you around the Jane community.
-Caitlin on behalf of the Jane Team

Margret

User friendly

Reviewed on 2022/08/20

Pros

I'm not a computer whiz and this was by far one of the easiest to learn. I worked with 5 different system/softwares/platforms and of course there is a learning curve even to Jane, but it's the quickest to learn and clean, easy, uncluttered for the user. I love being able to see everything what's happening from my schedule. I know which patients I billed, which ones I charted, which ones didn't show. That is especially important on a busy clinic or if you didn't have time to do all the administration part of work all in the same day.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming with so many different settings, but as long as you stay focused on what's important at first, the rest is just "play with it".

GOrendezvous

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Having everything integrated in one place: billing, scheduling, booking, exercise platform is just something no other program can beat! It also didn't look so cluttered at a first glimpse, like accuro.
Steve
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

An honest opinion from a former software developer/engineer, who's now a Doctor of Acupuncture

Reviewed on 2022/07/06

I own and operate a low-cost community clinic. We have very limited reception support and we see a fairly high volume of patients. We needed a reliable, fairly full featured, tool that would off-load the burden of patient scheduling from my staff, enable my practitioners to document quickly and effectively, and enable my support staff to easily access patient records, upload/export patient charts, and document patient interactions. JANE does all of that, and more. This literally is the perfect support tool for a small to mid-sized, multidisciplinary medical practice.

Pros

JANE is a solid, extremely well thought out, full-featured product that is highly reliable, very responsive, quite customizable, and attractive to both practitioners and patients. It literally invites you to use it. And even more than the product, JANE's development and support staff are there for you every step of the way. They're always striving to make their product better. I am continually impressed by their responsiveness and innovation. It's the best EMR software product, for the money, thatt I've ever used, and I'm a certified EPIC support specialist.

Cons

Seriously...I can't think of any cons. This product does everything I want and need, and it does it superbly for a very reasonable price.

Unified Practice and Tebra

Reasons for Choosing Jane

JANE had many more appointing system features, a fully-capable EMR, and a terrific patient portal, all at a very reasonable price.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Great EMR features, Reliability, Quick Performance, Great Patient Portal, Customizability, Support, Terrific Innovation by the JANE team

Response from Jane Software

Hi Steve,

Wow! What a review. I am definitely sharing this with the whole team today.

Thank you for the detailed breakdown of what you've most enjoyed about working with Jane. It truly delights us to hear when Jane helps make your workload a little lighter for both you and your team. That way you can get back to doing the impactful work you do in your community.

We appreciate you. Have a wonderful weekend :)

Guillaume

Devil is in the details

Reviewed on 2022/06/06

Jane is a joy to use and customer service is top notch.

Jane is a joy to use and customer service is top notch.

Pros

I have been using Jane daily for 3 years now in my practice. What I love most most Jane is it’s very clean and easy user interface, it’s always a joy to use and it just works. Also it offers some functionalities which seem like details but save you so much time daily like saving patients credit cards to reduce no shows, visual charting, making your calendar seem busy, only book adjacent appointments, you can clearly see that the tram behind this has first hand experience with online booking and patient management system.

Cons

What I miss is first , considering I have all my patients confidential information is Jane, is the lack of 2 factor authentication, this is the biggest missing feature. Secondly, the lack of API or even scheduling in reports prevents me from automating the simplest tasks like automatically exporting sales to Zoho books or setup a booking chatbot. Also with proper integration I could send the sms and email reminders from my own phone number and email, making customer journey optimal.

Cliniko

Reasons for Choosing Jane

As my practice grew I needed to move my patients files online, so I had to move away from setmore

Setmore

Reasons for Switching to Jane

I didn’t like the online booking interface from cliniko.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Guillaume,

We're so lucky to have you as part of the Jane community for the past 3 years. It's lovely to hear you describe Jane as "a joy to use."

We are in the early stages of implementing multi-factor authentication in Jane. Securing data is of the utmost importance to us, so we want to ensure we have mechanisms in place so that when we add MFA as a feature we do so in a way that keeps Jane easy to use. We're currently working on a bigger project that is laying the foundations for 2FA/MFA in Jane and once this project is done, we'll be set to introduce it.

While waiting for the feature to be released, we do have other processes in place to secure Jane - email notifications, manage sessions log, and the activity log.

I'd love to hear more about your reasons for requesting an API. Feel free to add your vote here https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/an-open-api and let me know if you'd like to chat further!

Thanks for the review :)

Faune

Customer Support is AMAZING

Reviewed on 2022/04/04

Management of scheduling and electronic medical records are integrated for a seamless experience.

Pros

It is all inclusive, continuously making improvements and the Jane Staff are so kind, helpful and cheerful.

Cons

It was a steep learning curve to learn JaneApp and implement the software, but the videos, tech support and online forums were helpful.

Acuity PPM

wanted integration

Practice Fusion

Reasons for Switching to Jane

recommendations and happy customers that are colleagues

Response from Jane Software

Hi Faune,

I want to start by saying thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Hearing that you chose Jane due to recommendations and happy customers is just so great. I love our community!

I truly hope that you will continue to lean on our support team throughout your Jane journey. We totally understand how challenging learning software can be and I know a friendly voice on the other side of the phone can definitely make that experience feel much better :)

Thanks again, Faune. We'll keep working hard to gain those last few stars!

Jackie

Love Jane!

Reviewed on 2022/03/29

Amazing customer service and easy to use. Wouldn't try anything else even though it's an expense every month.

Pros

Easy to use, all of my records, Billing, scheduling in one spot. Many patients tell me that using Jane on their end is very convenient and helpful as well.

Cons

Takes a little to get used to ...and I'm not thrilled that I'll have to pay more for another practitioner to use it when I expand my practice.

Acuity Scheduling and Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Needed charting and more features, intake/consent forms

All in one!

Response from Jane Software

Hi Jackie,

Thanks so much for your review and all the stars!

I am so happy to hear you say "easy to use," "scheduling in one spot," and "convenient and helpful." I'm smiling so big :)

When it comes to pricing, our model is our true cost for running Jane, meaning that we don't artificially inflate our pricing to account for discounts. We have worked hard to make our Jane pricing as fair and competitive as possible. I hope you will reach out to a member of our support team this week, so we can make sure you're on the best plan for you right now and then again in the future!

Thanks again Jackie and I hope you have an awesome week.

Tzachi "Saki" Litov
Tzachi "Saki" Litov

Incredible Program That Continues to Grow!

Reviewed on 2020/06/07

Overall Jane has been phenomenal! Not only are we happy with the flexibility and ease of use of the system, but the fact there's a community of users constantly offering help and feedback, and that Jane is incredibly responsive.

Pros

The fact that Jane had an integrated payment system that was incredibly easy to set up and use was a huge factor in our choice. Additionally, they offer online scheduling as well as the ability to send forms that we can create. Plus the charting is as simple or complex as you want it to be with a huge array of options.

Cons

Jane is still growing. One of the areas I'm hoping to see improvement in is its internal database of names. Currently, there is no way to segregate Clients (or Patients) from practitioners or even family members in a way that is useful. I'm hoping they'll integrate and/or add a way to prefill facilities & practitioners that are already in the system, so they don't have to be added over and over again.

Response from Jane Software

Hi there Saki,

So nice to hear from you and what an interesting title "Patient Advocate/Health Navigator". I love that.

I'm so glad that you're working with Jane's integrated payments - we saw a really big shift over the Covid response period to contactless online payments. I'm glad that worked so well for you.

And from the health navigator perspective - I appreciate your thoughts on the need for an internal database of contacts. This pairs nicely with a more robust "letters" feature that we have on our roadmap, so I'll make sure this feedback is part of that planning.

Thanks for the lovely final comments. I 100% agree with you that the community you gain when you join Jane is a benefit that's hard to describe. We are also looking at doing more with the connection of our members since owning and running a practice can be a pretty lonely role.

Appreciate you and the work you do Saki!

Luis

Essential for our day to day business activities

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

It's as if we gave them our business plan and said: "Here build a web app that we can build our business on." Truly built from the ground up for a busy clinic such as ours.

Pros

Reporting and client management is its strength. The support is impeccable and prompt. The uptime has been 99.99%

Cons

The UI is not as intuitive as I would wish it to be.

Response from Jane Software

Thanks so much for your review Luis - we love to hear your thoughts. :)

I received your review first thing this morning and it was a wonderful way to start this snowy Tuesday here in North Vancouver.

I also own a clinic, and know how much happens every minute in a busy practice, so I'm so thrilled to hear that Jane is working well for you over at Via.

And I'm equally as invested in working with you on figuring out where the UI is giving you some trouble. Would I be able to connect with you about where you're running into clunkiness?

We're refining Jane every single day so I might be able to do something about that for you or we can troubleshoot the workflow with you!

Thanks again for taking the time to leave this kind review. It's so appreciated.

Nell

Great product, excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2020/07/05

I've been consistently impressed with the customer service - the team are responsive and helpful. The only minor issue is the lack of customisability, but there's a trade-off with a lower price, so overall I'm very happy.

Pros

The ability to take online payments and to reconcile them with appointments was an absolute dealbreaker for me when looking for clinical notes software. Very few systems offer this feature; and Jane offers a better version than my old system, at a lower cost. Absolute no brainer. I also liked the fact that I only pay for a licence for clinicians and not for admin staff - that's a real bonus.

Cons

I'd used my old system for 10 years before switching to Jane, and it doesn't feel quite as intuitive yet. However - I felt the same way when I switched from my Nokia to an iPhone, and now that I'm used to it, I wouldn't consider switching back. I guess the only thing I'm not so keen on is the permissions, as they're not as customisable as I'm used to, which means I have to do some tasks that I would previously have given my admin team; and the fact that Jane's back-end team won't customise things for me (eg permissions and reports) as my previous software team were prepared to do for a price.

WriteUpp and TM3

Reasons for Choosing Jane

A friend was switching to Jane and recommended it. I checked it out and liked the payment system, and found the free trial useful.

Reasons for Switching to Jane

The price, the customer service team, and the ability to take online payments

Response from Jane Software

Hi Nell,

Thanks for this review of Jane! And of Jamie - who probably helped you with your transition to Jane.

I'm so glad you're finding online payments helpful to your practice. We couldn't have anticipated the importance of contactless payments in advance, but I know that they're being used by many practices to help with reduced risk in practice, and to pay for the newly popular online appointments.

It's certainly a shifting time for many of us, and I really laughed at your comparison of moving from a Nokia to an iPhone! My co-founder Trevor will be pleased to hear that Jane is being compared to Apple design and aesthetic.

More granular permissions are in the works! We'll keep you apprised on the work we're doing there to allow for custom role creation.

We're so glad you've joined the Jane Community Nell.

on behalf of Jane

Samantha

Jane is a Game Changer!

Reviewed on 2020/07/27

I love just about everything from creating templates to charting to the fullscript integration and just letting Jane work for me with online booking with booking notifications, creating disciplines, treatments... the flexibility and functionality and most of the time ease of use.

Pros

Ease of Use. Customer Support. Design. Functionality. Features. It feels like Jane really listens to the users needs and implements new features all of the time to reflect this.

Cons

So far I really only have Pros.
If I had to choose a Con I would say sometimes I just cannot figure out how to intuitively do certain things with the EHR so I often hit up customer support to help me resolve my inquiries.

DrChrono, Practice Fusion, CharmHealth and OptiMantra

Reasons for Switching to Jane

I tried many EHR's over the last decade and was just so frustrated with them as they were just so complicated or offered way too much for my needs or were just clunky to use, not aesthetically pleasing to stare at and totally not intuitive at all. Jane is just so great really meeting most of my needs to help with less time charting, booking appointments, receiving payments, creating invoices etc...

Response from Jane Software

Hi Samantha,

I'm so glad to hear you've started working with Jane!

I just read your review to our whole team tonight and we were so honoured by your kind words.

It sounds like you're really working with so many of Jane's features and the team is absolutely here anytime you might need help.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with Jane so far.

Anja

Great admin help

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

It took me a few weeks to really understand and use JaneApp as it was a bit confusing at first to work myself through all the tutorials. I had to talk to them several times on the phone to figure some things out. But now that everything is up and running I really enjoy using JaneApp on a daily basis. Payment collection and booking and charting have become much more easy and even fun!

Pros

JaneApp is a great tool for scheduling appointments, receiving payments and letting patients book on an online booking page. It has a great look and feel to it, functions well and really helps cut down on admin time once it is up and running. It also has a very extensive charting options, so you can keep all your patient information in one place. And it has no a functional telehealth platform that makes it easy and safe to do online appointments while adhering to privacy protection regulations. The team is extremely friendly and always helpful and they have an extensive self help video library.

Cons

I like most of it. As a single practitioner, I wish there would be a more slim version for people like me as there are several functions I don't use but can't hide. Some functions are a bit inflexible, but you can usually work around it and they have a wish list for improvements.
There are a few features I wish would be added, like being able to schedule non-patient times on your schedule like admin time etc (you have to use the break function for it). Another missing element is that you can't list your expenses, only the income.

Owl Practice

Reasons for Choosing Jane

Compass was a computer based program and didn't have as many functions

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Jane is based in Canada and stores information on Canadian servers as opposed to most similar companies. I also liked their design, functions and tutorial videos (partly because they are recorded with normal, calm voices, not the high energy, artificial advertising voices that I find quite repelling in similar programs).

Response from Jane Software

Hi Anja,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on running with Jane!

So glad you've invited Jane into your practice and that our team has helped make the transition a smooth one.

We've been talking a lot about how to keep Jane both flexible for your unique needs but also hide all the features you might not want to work with. It's a great challenge and I'm excited about improving the FEELING of simplicity while still allowing you the flexibility and options to train Jane for exactly how your unique practice works.

I love the desire for a "slim" version. We'll keep working on that.

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Kimberly

HIGHLY recommend

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

I have to give a BIG shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for not only reaching out to ensure I had all the info I needed and that I didn't have any questions or concerns, but he went ABOVE AND BEYOND and had [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Thank you SOOOO much too!) recreate a VERY comprehensive form for me! I am beyond grateful for this collaborative effort from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] which has made a happy customer even happier! It was a huge burden lifted off my shoulders right now. My experience with their customer service is all positive!

Pros

Jane App has already greatly exceeded my expectations! I love that everything I wanted (and more!) is integrated all into one platform. The booking/scheduling, intake forms, telehealth, HIPAA compliance, appt reminders all in one!

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say at this time. Although the initial start-up is a little overwhelming, as it would be with anything that offers what they do, it is made to be as user friendly as possible.

Mindbody

...

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Pricing was the big factor initially, but then also seeing everything I needed fully integrated.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience working with Jane in your practice and for all your kind words.

I love your Comments! It looks like Capterra doesn't like sharing their name publicly, but we figured out who you were working with, and I've passed along your words to them here internally :)

I'm so glad you've had a positive experience during your transition to Jane. Your words here made my day.

I'm also proud of you for working through that awkward set up period - change is always hard, so I"m glad you took the leap and have joined the Jane Community! Nice work.

I hope we get to chat with you again soon - don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything we can do to make Jane more helpful to you, your practice and you clients.

Brenda

Growing Your Goals

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

I'm loving everything that Jane has to offer. After 10 years in the medical profession (nurse) and being a real stickler for documentation, I'm a big fan that I can create my own intake forms and consents. This allows me to continue a normal charting flow for me while protecting both my client and myself from any future issues that may arise.

Pros

I love that Jane App is a total package - appointment scheduler, documentation, ease of accessibility for both practitioner and client - all for a fraction of the price of hiring someone to do the same work. Jane makes it so easy to visualize the roadmap I need to create in order to obtain the goals I set for my massage practice. And even better...I can grow my business with the Jane App, too! What's really blown me away? The customer support at Jane is personable, prompt and open to receiving feedback to what their practitioners wand and need in a software program.

Cons

Scheduling is a little tricky as the sole practitioner. My business is mostly out call based but will occasionally have repeat clients, friends or family over to my home to provide the same massage service. Unfortunately, right now, Jane isn't able to accommodate blocking off schedules if another location is booked. I'd also like to see Jane have a mobile app in the future.

Vagaro, MassageBook, ClinicSense and Noterro

Reasons for Switching to Jane

Pricing, software abilities and potential practice growth with software that supports (and encourages) such

Response from Jane Software

Hi Brenda,

I love that you've "hired" Jane for your practice! Thanks for sharing your experience here with us.

A nurse turned LMT is a fascinating story and I'm glad to hear that Jane can help you provide great (and well documented!) care to your patients.

I laughed out loud reading your pros. It sounds like it was written by a Jane marketing team! I'm so pleased you've been enjoying working with our team. When I talk about community at Jane it's a big web - Jane the App, Jane our Team, Jane our Customers and even your patients. Like fascia, every layer is interconnected to build out a strong community of people.

I'm glad you're part of Jane's story Brenda.

Keep letting us know how we could do better. We'll never stop trying to delight everyone that meets and works with Jane .

Ali - Co-Founder

Demi

Perfect software for a small business like us!

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

The accessibility of Jane being on a web browser has freed our office from needing a server, having to worry (more) about safety and security of the data, and having special software for VPN and HIPAA compliant backups. Our office is basically paperless and we can help patients from any device we choose. It integrates with Square Terminal and also has its own credit card processing online through Stripe. It is highly customizable, yet the default emails/texts/invoices/statements/superbills/notifications are already great.

Pros

Jane is beautiful - we love using it every day. It's so aesthetically pleasing. We appreciate this even more after using other software that was ugly and not user-friendly.

The price is amazing for what you get! Online intake forms, text reminders, online booking website, and much more. The automatic emailing system is such a life saver. It waits 3 minutes to email a notification to a patient, so your emails end up containing all bookings at once in a list. It also automatically links any intake forms they need in the email, you do not have to remind patients! In the off chance that they still didn't do an intake form, you can hand the patient any device using the "Fill out intake" feature and have them fill it out in the office paper-free!

Charting can be more difficult in Jane for some people, because your chart is only as powerful as you make it. It is highly customizable, so it's up to you to build a great chart. Unsure about that? Well you can always start with their hundreds of templates that other practitioners have shared, and tweak it over time. I personally like building macros (you can make button options) and making everything seamless.

Cons

There are a couple items still being worked on by Jane, but they're coming out soon.For example: more features for packages, recurring automatic payments, diagnoses in charts being tied to the billing portion of the appointment, etc. Being that Jane consistently takes suggestions and has a very clear roadmap that shows what they've got in development, it's really not a problem, since you can tell they are working to improve all their features. You can see everyone's suggestions online and vote for your favorites so that the Jane team knows what to prioritize.

Response from Jane Software

Wow Demi. This is a lovely holiday surprise.

Thanks for this really detailed break down of what you've enjoyed about working with Jane in your practice.

I just shared it with the team because it is so thoughtfully written. I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us and other potential Jane Community members! What a lovely gift this holiday season.

I always say that I love it when practice managers enjoy working with Jane - everyone in a clinic uses Jane in a different way, and you are spending probably the most time with Jane out of anyone!

Have a wonderful holiday season Demi!

Susannah-Joy
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Everything we wanted and more

Reviewed on 2020/04/04

Jane has made scheduling and payment almost effortless. It's worth every penny for that alone.

Pros

Jane's instantly available help, scheduling, payment process, and types of reports are at the top of my list. After that, adding/removing staff, setting up sessions, infographs, and now telehealth come a very close second. The opportunity to make suggestions regarding suggested features and voting on the features that are important to our practice is a cool thing, as are the chart templates that create a shared community of practice. Very groovy.

Cons

As a mental health practice, there are some issues around confidentiality that require practices which are very difficult if not impossible in Jane. With the help of Jane we have found workarounds - awkward but doable. We're hopeful that as more clinical practices focusing on mental health become a part of Jane, these features will be more readily available. There are no issues with Jane that would cause me to drop any stars. This platform is still a 10 on all fronts.

Response from Jane Software

Susannah-Joy,

Thanks for these kind words - first time we've heard that Jane is groovy, and I'm definitely digging it! ;)

I love hearing that a shared charting template is creating a feel of community within your practice. That is such a wonderful idea and likely so helpful when coordinating client care. 5 gold stars for you too!

And I'm so pleased to be able to tell you that more flexible permissions per profile (we're calling the project "granular permissions" internally) is well underway. It's a huge project but I agree that it's an especially important one.

We've seen mental health adoption of technology surge ahead this year, and dramatically so during this covid response period.

We're dedicated to continuing to serve the Mental Health community with some more industry specific features coming throughout 2020.

Thanks again for such a lovely review of Jane. Have a wonderful Monday.

Lynn

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

Initially, after having done paper charting and issuing paper receipts for 30 years, I didn't think I needed Jane, but now that I've been using this system for over 4 years, I can't live without it! Jane is always providing updates based on the needs of users - like a COVID-19 survey that can be edited and is so much easier than starting from scratch! When I get an email response from customer service they always include screenshots which makes it really easy to follow the steps. Most of the healthcare offices I know use Jane and everybody loves it!

Pros

Jane is essential for running my massage therapy practice! I find it extremely easy to use, and their customer service is excellent. My clients also love how easy it is to use both for booking appointments and for the automated reminders (which they think I send!). I appreciate being able to send receipts at the click of a button and also being able to send clinical records to lawyers quickly. I have been in practice for 35 years and Jane has made my life so much easier! I also appreciate how Jane tracks my income and how much GST I have collected. They have thought of everything!

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons. When I started using Jane 4+ years ago, it required some learning, but their customer service helped me whenever I got stuck, and Jane provides lots of guides to answer basic questions.

Response from Jane Software

Oh Lynn - thanks for these kind words!

Being with Jane for 4 years is a long time and I'm so glad you've been a part of Jane's story

I love this part "I didn't think I needed Jane, but now that I've been using this system for over 4 years, I can't live without it." How wonderful to hear!

I'm thankful you've found the Covid screening tool useful, as we all figure out these new protocols together. I know that people are also finding the self-check in with the QR code helpful, especially if they are solo practitioners. So hope you've discovered that feature too!

I am always looking at how Jane could improve, so thanks for giving me a moment to reflect on all the things that Jane has learned over the last 4 years Lynn. Appreciate the kind reminder and lovely comments.

Linda

Okay Platform

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Pretty good overall. The staff is always friendly and can help eventually. Bookings and notes easy to do. Figuring some things on your own more difficult, getting a response by phone didn't happen multiple times, I'd eventually send an email get a response in a day or two which felt too long to wait.

Pros

Transferring from the clinic I left to my own practice with files was relatively easy. Maybe better from multidisciplinary clinic and multiple practitioners.

Cons

I thought it navigating to figure out things on your own is difficult, even with search bar as an option. Until you get used to it takes time to learn.
After pandemic help time for questions took over a day to get a response and never got phone calls back, would have to email.
Price very expensive, found out of other one that's half the price and as a website looks better.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear you had a less than stellar experience with our support times! I agree that a day or two is too long - and we did definitely have some delays over the Covid response period. What a strange time this has been! Half our practitioner community was shutting down and half were scrambling to figure out online services through telehealth. I'm so pleased we were here to support our Community, but agree that our support wait times did drop below what we'd normally hope for with such unusual volume.

It sounds like you've moved on to a new service, but if you'd ever like to re-join the Jane Community we'll be here!

Our hope is always that everyone is using the platform that is best suited to them, so (while we hope it's Jane!) we'll always make it easy for you to transfer to another solution if you decide Jane's not the perfect match.

Hope to see you again one day!

Alison (Co-Founder)

Stacy

Excellent

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Pros

The software is very user friendly, and the customer support people are so helpful, especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He is just great, and hasn't had any issue with me contacting him directly for help, just because he is so fast to look at things and give me a hand. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has even taken the time to call me and walk me through things I'm having difficulty with instead of sending screenshots. Those are also helpful, but sometimes it's nice to have a friendly voice on the other end walking me through how to find something.

Cons

There isn't really anything we don't like about it, but there is room for adjustments. We would like to see late cancelled appointments show in the appointment history as late cancel, not no show, and we would love to be able to add a reason to late cancels, instead of using the drop down to cancel appointments that then disappear from the schedule.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Stacy,

10/10 - thank YOU!

We love support here at Jane and it makes me so happy to hear that you've had a great experience. I fully agree with you that a familiar voice on the other end of the phone makes learning much easier :)

We actually do have a way to record Cancellation Reasons instead of "No Showing." If you haven't seen it already, I hope you will check out our guide here: https://jane.app/guide/schedule/late-cancellations-and-more-detailed-cancellation-reasons

Oh, and here's some more info on how to view Cancelled appointments from the schedule directly: https://jane.app/guide/schedule/cancel-or-remove-an-appointment-from-the-schedule

Thanks again for the review, Stacy. Hope you have an awesome day.

Please reach out to us anytime!

On Behalf Jane

Nicholas
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Amazing product and impeccable customer support

Reviewed on 2022/02/04

AMAZING. I've been an employee at a clinic for a couple of years and have just moved to my home practice. Adopting Jane on my own has been such a positive experience, I was nervous at first, dreading having to learn everything on my own, but it went so smoothly and the customer service staff were so helpful. You guys even gave me a 2 week grace period as I learned Janeapp and migrated to my home practice. What seemed like an impossibility in the past, I'm now feeling so much more positive and optimistic about my success, as a Reiki practitioner, starting out was difficult, but things are beginning to go more smoothly and I have Jane to thank for being an integral part of that process.

Pros

This product is crazy good. It's so easy to use and customer service is unreal, and the pricing is amazing. The people behind Jane are always there to help me and they seem to put so much effort into helping me understand Jane's features and how to use them. I feel genuinely supported and am definitely going to recommend Jane to everyone. I even ended up reading Jane's Story page and About page today because Jane's existence made me feel so supported, positive, and optimistic about my practice.

Cons

During the tutorial phase of setting up Jane, after you've done the 6 major steps, you can opt in for more advanced settings by checking off boxes and updating the tutorial steps to those new features. You have the option of "skipping" these new tutorial points once they're up and "marking as complete" as well. I ended up clicking "Skip" or "Completed' after I'd clicked Charting and another feature, just to check to see if it was possible for me to minimize those steps and then be able to go back to them later. Unfortunately it turns out that once you click either of those options, you can never access them in Janeapp again, because if you try to check off those same boxes again and update the feature list, it reminds you that those tasks have been completed and to go to the website for more help. I would have preferred to be able to stay in the Janeapp system and do it again if I wanted, since they had very convenient videos that helped the walkthrough.

Response from Jane Software

Nicholas,

Wow. What a review! I just shared this with our entire team because I know it will brighten everyone's Monday- thank you.

You said that Jane's existence made you feel supported, positive, and optimistic about your practice. That is amazing and it's all we could ever want! You provide care to your community and it is our mission to support you in that.

I really appreciate your feedback regarding Jane's in-app onboarding checklist. This is something that I will certainly take back and share with the team. In the meantime, if you click both of the options you originally chose to skip/mark as complete plus one more new feature, you'll be able to see them all again. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you're unsure how to do that.

Thanks again, Nicholas, and hope you have a good week. We are lucky to have you as part of the Jane community :)

Sherri

Jane Has Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 2023/03/16

Pros

Very easy system to learn, accurate and well laid out. Customer service is outstanding, besides the Help Guide, the accessibility of Jane Team members to answer questions in a timely manner is incredible.

Cons

Would like to be able to have more than one email address per patient. Also, be able to have flexible pricing on some services as they vary occasionally, so we are required to set up a new product each and every time.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Sherri! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience using Jane. I can't express enough how much we appreciate your feedback.
It always makes me happy to hear that our customers are receiving the help they need in a timely manner. As our Jane Community grows, our team aims to provide the same level of service in terms of quality help and quick response times, regardless of the volume we may receive. If this level of service ever changes, please let us know :slightly_smiling_face:
Regarding Flexible Pricing, the use of Adjustments can be helpful. Whether you have patients on a sliding scale, or running a special promotion, Adjustments can accommodate those price changes. When it comes to creating products/inventory within Jane, each item would have to be created independently. However, if I understand correctly perhaps you may have variations of the same product and would then require varying pricing. If so, Jane does have an existing feature request for that which I have linked below for you!
I can appreciate the sentiment you shared about the need to have multiple email addresses on a patient profile. This has been a popular request amongst our community, especially within the Mental Health space and when working with children. If you haven't added a vote or shared your voice on our feature request, I would definitely encourage you to do so! I have also linked that feature request for you below.
Thanks for choosing Jane, and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Garth

Best system for medical charting & scheduling that I have ever used

Reviewed on 2023/05/03

Using Jane has been outstandingly good, an aspect of my daily work that has simply made my professional life easier and more enjoyable. I have used various EMR systems in previous years (such as InputHealth) which were terrible by comparison, a constant headache, and much more expensive too.

Pros

It is easy to use, inexpensive, obviously well thought-out, is reliable, never any serious problems with it, and for minor issues the staff are rapidly responsive and helpful. It has the features I need for convenient, rapid scheduling, including recurrent appointments, notes, and billing (linked to a Canadian public healthcare service plan). It has automated appointment reminders and you can create & send your own questionnaires or intake forms before appointments, which I have found very useful.

Cons

I would like Jane to be able to keep stored files in different folders (such as lab reports, specialist reports, letters, etc.); at present all downloaded files are in the same single folder. Then it would be good to sort through these files alphabetically or by date, etc. It could be useful to send & receive faxes or other files automatically within the system. At present I have to export files (such as reports) from Jane to other software before faxing, or create the files elsewhere (such as for prescriptions) before faxing.

Response from Jane Software

Hi Garth,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a detailed review!
Overall, I am thrilled to hear that Jane has made your life easier and more enjoyable, I can't wait to share that with the rest of our team!
As a solo practice, automating as many tasks as possible can be a huge time saver, and I am glad to hear that the Recurring scheduling, Appointment Reminders, and Intake Forms have been useful for you.

Organizing Files in a patient profile and having an Integrated Fax option are two features our community has been vocal about! We do have a Feature Request Page where you can vote/comment on these features and when updates are made you will also be notified :slightly_smiling_face:
You can find those feature requests here:

Thanks for choosing Jane! We are so glad to have you and we are excited to be on this journey with you.

Kevin

Jane 8/10 Overall

Reviewed on 2023/06/03

Despite the flaws it still makes my life much easier than if I didn't have it, so that is good enough for me.

Pros

The overall practice management is great. It allows me to run both the business and clinical sides of my practice in one cloud-based software package.

Cons

The lack of a secure messaging tool is a big hole in the product and one that I am surprised has not been fixed yet. Other tools have this, and hopefully they will add this soon. In their patient management system, there is only one email address that can be used on a record. As I work a lot with teens, I would love there to be a way to send email reminders to one email address for appointments or even to two simultaneously. I do my note taking within an appointment chart on my ipad, and compared to other applications the "sketch" pad in Jane is not that great. While in other apps, I can put my hand on the ipad while writing, in Jane it results in dots and lines being added all the time. Its more of a nuisance than a problem.

Response from Jane Software

Hey Kevin, thanks for posting your review!
I am happy to see those 8 stars, and hear Jane has helped make your life easier! However, good enough is not what I want for you, and our team is keen on improving Jane to earn those 2 extra stars.

Secure messaging is a big-ticket item the team has been actively working on, and I know many customers, like yourself are looking forward to.
You also mentioned a need for Multiple Emails on File and Improved Sketch Features in Jane. These are existing feature requests you are also able to comment on and vote on
At this time, I don't have any information on when these will be released, however, you are able to vote/comment on and once updates are released you will be notified. I will link those features requests for you below :slightly_smiling_face:
Our team frequently reviews these requests as it influences future development of Jane!
Thank you for trusting Jane with your practice!