Showing 38 reviews of 37

Periscope S2G

Government bid notification solution for businesses

Showing 38 reviews of 37
Elisa A.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Irrelevant Bids

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

I did a ton of research before deciding to go with BidSync. I'm sad to say it feels like we were duped. The salesperson told me with the free version we only get 3% of bids, and with the paid national plan we'd get 100%. Sounded good at the time. Now I realize they meant 100% of the bids on BidSync, not 100% of the bids total that are out there. I understand now that it's not possible to say you can pull 100% of the bids out there (if anyone says that it's a lie), but we were led to believe otherwise. And unfortunately there is no refund even though we haven't gotten even one bid since using their service.

Pros

The idea of getting an email with a bunch of bids is great, but almost all of the bids that come to my inbox are irrelevant to my company. I can see how they would be good for construction companies, but we are a consulting firm, consulting architects and engineers on designing projects to comply with ADA.

Cons

Most bids are not at all what we're looking for. I called customer service so they could make sure I have the right keywords and words to avoid, and I still get irrelevant bids to my inbox and when I search online. What's worse, I get relevant bids from other competitor websites to my inbox that when I click on them naturally want me to sign up with them and when I search for those bids on BidSync to get those docs, they don't have those bids. I called customer service and apparently they don't monitor those sites. Those were three bids we missed out on because BidSync didn't notify us about them!

Response from Periscope Holdings

Thank you for the opportunity to address your concerns. We see that you are not satisfied with the number of bids relevant to your business. While we monitor 100,000+ bid websites per month, we do not control agency demand for specific services/goods, it can be cyclical. We cannot guarantee a specific industry/specialization will have a constant high demand as these needs are determined by agencies. We apologize for any confusion about what our service provides. S2G Premium (formerly BidSync) is a bid notification service. We notify you of relevant bids in near real-time. We can only provide full bid info and response capability for those bids from agencies that use our Sourcing solution. If a specific agency prefers to use a different service for their RFP submissions, we still notify you of the bid, but you may need to register in their system to see full bid info and to respond. Our support team is always available to help you modify keywords and settings to get more relevant bids.

Dan D.
  • Industry: Printing

Really like what we've seen so far.

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Really like the tool. We're still experimenting with it and testing keyword searches but so far, the system works very well for what we need.

Pros

Gives us the ability to see all of the government opportunities that we want at a very affordable price. Also gives us access to documents directly. Searches are intuitive and easy to set up.

Cons

Not sure I understand how opportunities are rated. I don't like when an opportunity refers to BidNet. That doesn't really help in evaluation because you need a separate subscription.

Scott S.

BidSync

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

We have been able to bid on a few opportunities, so that`s good. I would like to see more viable, close-by leads so I can build a business case to support subscribing.

Pros

The leads that are a good match are indeed, a very good match. I like the color-coding for how relevant a lead is.

Cons

The trial does not offer leads (or very few) that are in your home territory. Even if there were better "teases" I`d have a better feel for the value in our market. It`s hard to position ROI hen 99% of the leads are thousands of miles away.

Greg J.

Good Quality Bid Search Site

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Overall this has been a very worthwhile service. We use this daily and have found numerous project through the site.

Pros

It has a lot of options for filtering the RFP results so we can find what we are looking for fairly quickly

Cons

It has a lot of options for filtering the RFP results so I am worried that we might be missing something.

Shira K.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Professional services

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

It's been great. We have been able to submit bids we would otherwise not have submitted if it wasn't for seeing it on bid sync.

Pros

It is great to be able to view bids all in one central place/portal. It makes it easier for us as a company.

Cons

Although I have specific key terms selected, I am getting a ton of bids daily in my lists that have nothing to do with my various business goals or industries (e.g. lighting or construction). It only clutters what we are trying to monitor and hopefully we are not missing any worthwhile bid opportunities. It is quite a lot of bids that are far off of what we do.

Tom L.

A necessity if you want to bid local government & commercial work!

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Bid Sync makes it easy to know what is out for bid in our geographic area. It provides us a full summary of the scope, location, bid documents and bid requirements.....in one place! No more searching municipal websites for RFPs and upcoming projects.

Pros

Once you set up your profile and start selecting the projects you are bidding, Bid Sync keeps you in the loop! It makes bid submissions easy and it's ALL digital.

Cons

Setting up search parameters to match our "ideal customer" profile isn't quite as easy as other systems, (but the more you use it, the better it gets at adding them to our list and excluding work that is simple too big for us or si simply not in our wheelhouse.

Chris S.

BidSync in brevity

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Overall we are satisfied with BidSync and know we will continue to learn more about the platform until becoming proficient.

Pros

The ability to set up filters is quite nice. Filters (keywords) are used to tailor what you will receive in email and in "new bid" page on the BidSync website. Ability to save bids in a separate tab by a single click has been helpful with keeping track of all the projects.

Cons

I believe there is a cap on keywords. Does not have very short concise help notes available to help with specific navigational or filtering questions; such as a dialog box that will pop-up when right clicking on a specific function that will allow the user to click on and understand functionality/how to.....

Lenny C.

2019 BidSync Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Great product. I've used it at several different companies and help to set it up here because of my previous experience with it.

Pros

Raised my visibility to bids that I might not otherwise know about.

Cons

Getting oriented to the portal wasn't as easy as I thought it might be.

Clifford l. M.

Bidsync is great for Bids

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

BidSync is good for what it offers. It is worth the trial.

Pros

Bidsync is a great software for bids especially for leads with municipalities. We use the software weekly.

Cons

There are no cons for us, we have been successful using the software. I would recommend the program for people to try.

Jason H.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Excellent platform for government bids

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Pros

The daily updates and real-time reminders on bids you are have reviewed or applied for is a great service.

Cons

Some of the bid submission processes are not clear - but this may be due to the government agencies vs the platform.

Sarah H.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Solid Software for Bid Notices

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Pros

I like that I can receive customize daily emails, which make this product easier to use.

Cons

For a long time I received notifications for things outside of my service area and it took a couple of calls and tweaks to get this set up correctly

Jacqueline M.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Paying To Make A Proposal

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

We only use BidSync for companies that demand their proposals are submitted through BidSync. I understand that companies want proposals in a certain format and we try to conform. I always feel uncomfortable when I am using it and I think it irritates me to have to pay for this software when we have a great platform of our own. The only problem it solves for us is that it allows us to make business proposals to companies who demand this format.

Pros

So far, I am not seeing anything much that I like, but I am a beginner to this software.

Cons

For beginners, this software is not very intuitive. I use a lot of proposal software and this should not be hard for me, but it is.

Chad D.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Company that provides Value

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

BidSync provided me with insight into government opportunities that I would not have known about without their software. Our company does not have enough man power right now to take on the additional work or we would be staying on. I am very happy with their customer support, they are a company that share the same values of doing the right thing for their customers as we do.

Pros

They organize opportunities in a way that can help businesses to identify and bid on government projects throughout the nation.

Cons

I was not able to filter out bids that did not pertain to my field so it overwhelmed my email inbox.

Doug H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Experience with Bid Sync

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Initially signed up for Month to Month, Upgraded to Yearly Subscription after 4 months of use.
Able to entice Customers with News of Projects in the Area.
Very effective tool.

Pros

Daily Notifications, Ease of Access, reliable.
nationwide exposure, Low cost of ROI

Cons

Very Satisfied, no complaints or concerns at this time

Winston K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Job Searches

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

It has helped and filled in the gaps left by other sites.

Pros

Pulls a lot of projects to look at and from a lot of different places.

Cons

Pulls a lot of projects that you have to upgrade to see.

David B.

Service

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Horrible, waste of money, they don't have the documents needed for the projects, they keep sending you to another company instead of them having it readily available.

Pros

It is easy to move through the site, and locate what you need.

Cons

When you find job possibilities, they direct you to another site i.e. Construction Bid Source.

Response from Periscope Holdings

Thank you for this opportunity to address your concerns. We have 1,000+ agencies that we contract with exclusively, their entire bidding process is managed directly within our suite. However, for the majority of agencies (100,000+), we are simply a bid aggregator, meaning we find bids as they are released, so you don't have to find them yourself and ensuring you don't miss an opportunity. By clicking the link, we show you all of the bid details for that opportunity, but beyond that we will redirect you to the agency website and/or affiliated bid platform that has a contract with that agency, so you can register (required by ALL agencies). From there, the entire process is managed directly between you and the agency. This is standard policy and procedure and must be followed based on contractual obligations that the agencies have with bid platforms. I see you have been a BidSync Pro customer for nearly 3 weeks, so please do not hesitate to reach out to support as you learn the system.

Michael N.
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Review of Platform

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

It's been helpful in finding opportunities on other portals.

Pros

It made it easy to find bid opportunities for our products.

Cons

It only acted as a link for these opportunities, so we still need to go through the registration and bidding process in other platforms. (Not really a flaw, but we only found one opportunity that we could actually bid through Periscope on)

Rodrigo H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Improve

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Is a great asset, a little pricey if you pay monthly,

Pros

Easy to use and friendly. Very goods bids from government.

Cons

You have to click a lot to find something.

Denise T.

BidSync has helped me expand my business.

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

I've had a great experience for several years now. My dedicated account representative listens to what I need and provides me the best solutions to save me the most time. Also, their customer service is very helpful in assisting with my account needs.

Pros

Prior to using BidSync, I would spend over four hours a day searching for government bid opportunities. Now, within a matter of minutes, I gain the exact level of awareness I need into relevant opportunities. I'm saving time and money using the BidSync centralized online portal and a daily email notification.

Cons

There was an initial set up process to narrow down the correct keywords to filter in the results I wanted. Once customer service help me with my settings, BidSync's artificial intelligence system does all the rest of the work in capturing relevant results for me.

Max B.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Bid Sync review

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

I use Bid Sync as as tool for our sales department. My experience is mostly positive, except for that listed above.

Pros

Notifications to my email of new bids every day

Cons

Reviewing bids. In years past, the information in the bid list was easier to read. Now, it's hard to see what the bid is or who it is for. When you are scrolling down, and click on a bid, to go back is impossible. It takes you back to the 1st page. Too time consuming.

Sue D.

A good experience

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

A good experience overall.

Pros

The site is user friends, and makes it easy to search for relevant bids.

Cons

The filters do not always "weed out" the bids that we are not interested in. We are currently set up for State of Florida, but I continue to get bids from all over the country.

Kevin W.
  • Industry: Information Services

Great RFP engine

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Pros

Easy search terms definition, software learns and improves by thumbs up, thumbs down categorizations

Cons

Wish I could put more than three search terms in as permanent terms

Andrew K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Tool!

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

The interface is easy to use and I can receive daily notifications of new bids that come in. Some are not relevant but I just skip over those and look at the ones that we can benefit from.

Pros

It has a wide variety of bids that you can view and then visit the original site to get more information.
We made our quota within 6 months of using.

Cons

Having to do a lot more groundwork on quite a few bids because they were on another system that had to be logged in too or a subscription purchased

Patrick G.

BidSync Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Been awarded multiple project located through service

Pros

Electronic bid submission is a plus, single source for other construction bid sources

Cons

bid tabulation and availability, constantly have to delete cookies, not seeing all of the bids in my area that I would like but are available through bidsync when I look at local jurisdictions websites

Elie A.

BidSync Review- Sigma

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

so far a very good experience, helped us to cover the maximum number of bids in different states

Pros

it gave me Full visibility on many Bids around the country, covering all states.

Cons

easy to use, and to jump from bid to another. also the flexibility to choose the area of expertise, and creating a filter which allows you to receive the appropriate bids relative to your profile