BentoBox

eCommerce and website management tool for restaurants

Jorge C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Worse customer service ever

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Pros

I was hoping that they would build my website within a month.. A month has gone by and now I have paid the membership for something that hasn’t been build. What a joke !!!

Cons

Worse company ever so far take your business somewhere else.

Response from BentoBox

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your experience so far. Your dedicated Onboarding Manager is working hard to launch your website as quickly as possible. Your restaurant's website is currently ready to launch! Once we have received your final comments on your Menu Changes, and you have connected Sonia, your Onboarding Manager, with your former webmaster to retrieve your domain credentials, we will be able to finish your site, take it through testing, and launch your website as soon as we can. Thank you!

Jason T.

Perfect option for Restaurants

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

The first thing most people check out is the website of the restaurant they plan to visit. It's the first impression of their perception and helps us set the tone for their expectations before they even walk through our doors. A great site is a valuable asset.

Pros

BentoBox focuses solely on restaurants. This makes managing a website an efficient and simple task. The sites they produce look stunning and integrate with just about restaurant related social media and service platform. The customer service is crazy responsive and they roll out new features on a regular basis.

Cons

Nothing. The price is reasonable considering the cost to build a site of this quality.

Dan F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

BentoBox fills a huge need in the restaurant industry

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Pros

BentoBox offers a straightforward, easy to use, and very versitile website platform for restaurant operators. The back end of websites is easy to navigate, and changes can be made quickly and without hassle. Their technology has built-in SEO tools that make digital marketing easier. The staff at BentoBox are clear, organized, keep their word, and are generally a pleasure to work with.

Cons

No issues to report. They offer a terrific product that is well tailored to the needs of the hospitality industry.

Kristen J.

Bento box Rocks

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Working with Bento Box has been amazing. Everyone has been extremely helpful and friendly through the entire process. We needed a direction for our brand and they helped match my vision with just a little information.

Pros

The design work is gorgeous.. no matter the style ... they have something that will work for you.

Cons

There really isn’t anything I didn’t like!

Madeline G.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Every restaurant should be on BentoBox!

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Overall, I love this platform and highly recommend it to any restaurant!

Pros

This software is extremely easy for anyone to use. Tech-savvy or not, this will be a great platform for you. Their entire team is also extremely responsive and helpful! They really work hard to ensure your brand is represented well on a nice, clean website!

Cons

There aren't really any cons, this platform is truly built for restaurants.

Cristina C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great Customer Service, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

The websites produced have been beautiful, very easy to use and the customer service is great.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. If there is a problem, you can always get ahold of someone to help you quite quickly via chat instead of having to pick up the phone.

Cons

It should be easier to see your photo specs for each type of page. When you're delivered the site, you don't get photo specs (though for the most part the site compresses the image for you pretty well). It would be nice to know the optimal image size (maybe in mouse print next to the upload button or in a doc once the site is delivered) so that you're not guessing and then finding out an image won't work once it's uploaded.

Dimitrios Z.

Amazing and Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

I have been using BentoBox for almost over a year now and my experience has been AMAZING!!! The team is extremely knowledgeable and always willing to help with any question I have and with any situation I need. Their customer service and support is second to none; I highly recommend BentoBox.

Pros

I like that the software is extremely user friendly and easy to use with essential no learning curve. I can manage my website with any content I choose and I am able to attract the desired clients that are right for my business. I love that I can make edits daily, weekly, monthly or anytime I want and from anywhere so long as I have an internet connection.

Cons

I have not found anything I don't like yet.

Luke V.

Way ahead of the pack

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Great, a huge improvement from our old website provider.

Pros

Increase of traffic and revenue almost immediately.

Cons

Long start up process, but worth the wait.

Chelsea M.

Fabulous New Site

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

I have loved working with Bento Box. Even after the initial setup, the customer support is superb.

Pros

When looking for a new website, I wanted something beautiful that anyone could learn to build/edit. BentBox is a great option because the backend is logical and easy to learn and the finished product is so beautiful.

Cons

I love this product. No complaints here. I even felt like the company created a work-around for our restaurant-hotel combo.

Angie R.

Great Service

Reviewed on 2020/01/15

How much is easier it is to navigate through our website.

Pros

It's very easy to use, i use it daily. I update our website all the time and its been one of the easiest website builder i have ever used.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about it. Bentobox took over our website a year ago and have helped along the way when i needed it.

Deborah K.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

A great option for our company

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Overall, I love our website. It's functional, user friendly and looks awesome.

Pros

I like that I can easily add on locations or change menu information.

Cons

With the gift card sales option, we recently had a problem because the charge was fraudulent. Someone ordered a gift card and was issued the card electronically. The card holder claimed that she had not authorized the card. We had proof that it was in fact being used by someone - video footage and receipts. The card holder received her money back. We did not. We were out with the amount plus the amount the person had used on the card. So I said all of this to say that I wish there was a little more verification on the ordering side, or something that would have helped us avoid the situation.

Margaret P.

Ease of Use and Customizable

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

In an industry where we are almost all over-extended, it is really nice to have something so simple to use and easy to update. I don't even bother delegating the task to anyone else, because it is so simple, I can do it myself, and quickly.

Pros

The back end ease of use is incredible -- and the design process was both fun and easy.

Cons

Some of the reporting is scant. There are certain structures that once in place cannot really be changed
without an extra cost. And the gift card register is clunky and not super informative.

Ariane B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Making lives so much easier!

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Pros

It's convenient and saves me a lot of time on my day to day routine

Cons

I have no complaints about the software.

Tsagaan T.

Websiter builder for restaurants

Reviewed on 2021/04/10

I recommend this to all restaurant owners looking to branch out to the online market. It specializes in restaurant website building.

Pros

I am currently using BentoBox to build my website. It is very user friendly and the customer service is excellent. My boss tends to ask many questions and I direct him to the customer service. It is very easy to change menus.

Cons

I did not encounter many cons. It is definitely pricey. But honestly it is worth the price. It saves you from the headache.

Daniel B.

Restaurant website

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Pros

Great looking site
Easy to use and update
Perfect for restaurants

Cons

So far I haven’t found any negative therefore nothing that I don’t like

Christopher D.

Catering website

Reviewed on 2018/08/25

Pros

I like the professional look of my site and ease of use

Cons

It take a little to get used to but definitely approachable

Cengiz A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Terrible company to deal with

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

I signed up with Bento Box. Offer good deal on building website. Started to charge me monthly Subscription they charged two months subscription but failed to deliver the product in timely manner. Terrible customer relationship

Pros

product is advertised really good, functions were good, simple

Cons

design Is way different than what you ask for.

Response from BentoBox

We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience. Our subscription begins immediately to allow a dedicated designer and project manager from our team to begin working on your website straight away. We use the time between sign-up and website launch to make sure we understand your goals and wishes.

Matthew K.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Looks great; easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

I've found Bentobox to be incredibly supportive of our mission and responsive when we've needed guidance. I appreciate that the product has continued to grow beyond features we were asking for to include great features we didn't anticipate.

Pros

The websites look great, the content is easy to update, and when we have something to say, we're able to say it directly to our audience.

Cons

I don't think the navigation tools behind the scenes are particularly intuitive. I often feel like I'm digging around for the right box.

Brandon W.

Great Platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

Its been great, I always recommend it to new restaurant owners

Pros

It's Easy to use, to make modifications and updates.

Cons

Sometimes there is a few glitches but they get worked out quickly from support.

Kelsey D.

Easy to use website

Reviewed on 2018/08/26

Pros

We are a busy restaurant and don't have the time to set up a hip, updated website. Bento Box was exactly what we needed. From first contact to the finished product we have been extremely happy.

Cons

Haven't found any yet. We are very happy with bento box