2 929 reviews

Grammarly Business

Proofreader, plagiarism checker & tone detection solution

2 929 reviews
A.l. M.

Improved My Writing!

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

I have improved my writing by using Grammarly and I have been able to produce higher quality content.

Pros

Grammarly catches nearly all my editing issues and explains why they are issues. This allows me to both fix my mistakes and learn from them.

Cons

The one thing that bugs me is that Grammarly doesn't save info. For example, if I dismiss or choose to "ignore" an editing suggestion and then I reopen the document later, it will be there again.

Kyle Y.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Grammarly is the Reason I Passed English in Highschool

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

If you are someone who struggles with writing I highly suggest Grammarly as my first choice for spelling. I know for programs such as Google Docs, there may already be an implemented spell checker but I feel as though Grammarly does it much better. Not only does it correct mistakes but it explains why you made them. It can calculate your engagement and how well you deliver your writing. Grammarly can be installed in any browser and even your mobile device which comes in handy especially when you may have to text your boss about anything. My experience with Grammarly has been a pleasant one and I am proud to say that it has helped me both improve my grades and my writing skills.

Pros

Grammarly has been one of my favorite software I've downloaded onto my computer. As a student who has terrible writing skills and will often miss punctuation extremely easily on my papers, Grammarly will correct your mistakes almost instantly. Even writing this review, Grammarly has made it easier for me to write high-quality reviews for many different software while helping me practice my writing for school. For example, if I accidentally spell punctuations as "punctuatons" then Grammarly will instantly fix the mistake since it knows you spelled the right word incorrectly. For less obvious mistakes such as missing a comma or adding an unnecessary word in a sentence, Grammarly will put an underline under the mistake and can explain why they want to change it. With a click of your mouse you can correct any mistake Grammarly finds in your writing. Having this feature is much better than automatically correcting it because it allows you as a writer to understand why you made a mistake rather than you not learning at all and continuing to make those mistakes. I can personally say that Grammarly has helped me in my English and AP U.S. History class essays as my teachers have told me my writing has slightly improved and that I have been correcting my punctuation errors more often. It also gives you an advanced chart of the quality of your writing by giving you scores based on your: Correctness, Clarity, Engagement, and Delivery as well as an overall score out of 100.

Cons

Although Grammarly mostly corrects every mistake you make, it does sometimes make mistakes itself. When it tries to correct a word, the corrected version may be grammatically correct, however, it may sound a bit off. If you don't have the Grammarly Premium then it won't give you different word choices but rather a simple corrected version of your original word. Also for whatever reason, certain websites don't allow the use of Grammarly. Luckily this isn't a huge issue but it can annoying to have to write something in Google Docs just to use Grammarly. It would be cool to see Grammarly added to different software instead of just internet browsers such as Discord because I do see myself making many mistakes when chatting with online friends. Also because I sometimes type in Korean I would like to see Grammarly go international at some point. I know it's a vigorous process but it would be a huge help especially to people who are trying to learn a new language or practice one.

Writing made TOO EASY

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

This is probably one of the most powerful contemporary tools for business and daily usage. Despite that, it should be noted that privacy can't be really guaranteed. Even if it's stated on their documents/website. I know many companies that don't take risk of having their confidential information leaked. But it really depends on what kind of company yours is. Having an SME with no sensitive data in particular (at least of a person who's using the tool) shouldn't cause harm. Lastly, it all falls down to your companies risk management policies. Some wouldn't mind using the tool, some would make an in-depth analysis and some wouldn't take the risk. But for personal use - I can't imagine living with out it.

Pros

- I really love how easy it is to make grammatically correct sentences with Grammarly! (Spoiler alert, even now the browser extension is making me look smart!)
- It also has a browser extension that helps you type correctly anywhere on the web.
- The plagiarism function is really helpful, especially when you need to evaluate some articles.
- Sometimes the tone detector is helpful when you're writing an article as it shows how AI understands the tone of your text. When working with SEO, this comes in handy when you want to make sure that you're staying align with your text.
- Especially useful when writing emails.
- Probably a must for not foreign English speakers.

Cons

- The main and the biggest concern about the software is its data security. Everything that is being written is scanned and evaluated to make edit suggestions. At the company where I used this tool, we eventually stopped to do so when our IT team declared privacy issues with Grammarly. Now, I'm not an expert on this, but according to them, the Grammarly Chrome extension is always running, when you open up Google Docs for example. If there's a piece of confidential information on it - it will be seen by the tool (even when the option to "make a suggestion for docs" is on). This fear was enough for us to stop using it.

• Industry: Graphic Design

How have I gone so long without using this?

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

As mentioned, I have no intentions of not using this and recommend you try it, today!

Pros

Even the best writers need editors and Grammarly is your Editor. Whether I'm writing a letter/email, blog post, web text, or other types of writing... Grammarly finds things I never knew were wrong. It catches every misspelled word, and makes sure everything I write is properly punctuated. It will even pickup on whether or not the voice is too passive or the wrong tense.

You have the ability to set "goal preferences" for each new doc you create (within the Grammarly interface) based on formality, tone, audience, etc. and the corrections and recommendations. These include synonym options and removal of unnecessary words.

There is a desktop app if you want to work locally, the web interface whoch stores the same documents as the desktop app, browser extensions to hel[p if writing web content, and (just discovered) a mobile app/keyboard to edit writing on your devices [where most typos and errors tend to happen]. In the 2 days I've been using the phone add-on keyboard, I've already caught a bunch typos in texts and emails.

Love that it finds an overused a word and offers suggested synonyms - without having to leave and look it up!

I knew about it for so long and can't believe I put off trying it for so long. I started with hte free version and within a day, paid to upgrade. Totally worth it. I would not publish anything on my site, send detailed emails, or even publish social media text without running it through Grammarly, now.

Cons

Shocking to discover that while there is so many positive add-ons and features, the add-on feature for Microsoft Word (and it's better than the built-in Word spell/grammar checker), is not compatible or made for Macs. Whuuut? Hopefully this will change but I was excited to add it & only let down to discover I couldn't.

The suggestions for things like "this is a passive voice" are helpful so I know I need to change it but it's not as intuitive nor offers suggested alternatives for those 2-3 word phrases so I either skip them or try and look it up somewhere else.

It's not a CON but should be noted: this is not meant for use in SEO writing. It's a spelling/grammar/punctuation/etc editor.

Ross H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Don’t send another carelessly worded document again.

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

The product is extremely easy to use. Errors and suggestions are easy to see and adjust. This product has significantly changed the way my team’s emails read. My boss is an intelligent man but is not the most tech savvy. He constantly has typos and always fails to see them. Grammarly makes those mistakes very obvious and lets him just click it to fix it. This product will definitely help you look more professional and far less careless. No one wants a typo in their emails or reports for all to see. Grammarly helps to prevent that.

Pros

Grammarly is probably the most useful tool I’ve ever found. I pride myself on my grammar ability, but when typing quickly I find that I just get careless or that the mass of words I just wrote merges together and some typos or bad grammar just get overlooked. It’s going to happen. Grammarly almost entirely ensures that it doesn’t happen again. It’s not perfect because it doesn’t always understand what I mean in certain circumstances. However, the most common mistakes I see from coworkers is not actual wrong grammar but just careless typos. This software works better at eliminating those errors more than any other software I’ve used. The bonus of purchasing this product is that it will also integrate into Word. Grammarly is basically like having an English teacher helping you write in the best and most clear way possible.

Cons

Needs Mac integration! Mac users unfortunately do not get to experience all of the features that Windows users get.

Grammarly is good but not perfect. Make sure the change it suggests is what you actually need. You might be typing something that appears wrong but in fact is what is meant. Do not just click change on everything without verifying it’s what you meant

Nina D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

No More Mistakes

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

What I love about our experience with Grammarly Business is that everyone is crafting more meaningful emails that solve problems the first time around. Many times, there are so many emails back and forth that you lose the original prompt of what you were trying to say. With Grammarly, I've noticed a decrease in unnecessary emails and internal communication has improved greatly. Gone are the days where you can't understand one person's email and have to chase them around the office to get some clarity. Our internal and external communications have greatly improved, allowing us to have a more efficient work day and more streamlined execution of tasks.

Pros

What I really love about this software is how easily it integrates with applications that we use throughout our company. It saves so much time because we don't have to bother each other anymore to make sure what we're saying sounds grammatically correct (which used to happen A LOT). Our sales team finds it especially useful, since they are always on the move and often can let things slip in emails (punctuation, additional words they need, etc.) and because they are always using different platforms to reach out to leads, it's a no brainer to use Grammarly to catch mistakes. We've eliminated a lot of back and forth emails with our clients because we're able to get things right the first time around, saving us time and gaining trust from our clients. I know sometimes I specifically tend to be overly wordy or verbose in emails and overuse some punctuation, so Grammarly truly keeps me in check when I talk to my team and my outside clients. I love how deep Grammarly goes with helping understand word choice and making emails easy to read, because then it doesn't sound jumbled and confusing.

Cons

Sometimes there is a glitch or often the suggestions don't vary too often. It can feel like we are saying the same thing too many times and we're not changing it up at all. However, that isn't a huge deterrent and we're still able to write clear, concise emails!

Megan J.

Awesome proofreading tool!

Reviewed on 2021/04/04

I started using Grammarly to spell-check my writing on articles for my blog. I thought it would just correct my spelling and grammar but it does so much more. You can set your tone and intent and select your audience for your writing. You can custom correct every piece that you write. I now use Grammarly for everything including writing emails and posting on social media.

Pros

Grammarly is really easy to use and has great features. I love how when writing an article or email you can select your audience and choose the tone, intent, and formality level of your writing so that Grammarly can make the proper suggestions. For example, before you start writing you can choose "formal" as your formality level and "confident" as your tone and then Grammarly will correct and suggest different words and phrases to accomplish your goal. I also really like how you can install the Grammarly extension on your browser so that Grammarly is always spell-checking and correcting your grammar and punctuation on everything you type whether it's on social media or an email. I'm actually using Grammarly right now to write this review!

Cons

The suggestions and corrections that Grammarly makes are not always correct. Sometimes it will suggest I omit a word or replace it with one that would not make sense in the sentence. Most of the time Grammarly's suggestions are correct but every now and then it's wrong. I just have to make sure to go through and check every suggestion and not just approve it without looking.

Divaksh J.

The best grammar assistant in the market.

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Using Grammarly since 2013, apart from the pricing, the overall experience is good. They have evolved beautifully.

Pros

1. I have used many tools so far but Grammarly beats them all when it comes to grammar checking.

2. Tone detector is another awesome feature they recently introduced which helps to detect the tone of the write-up.

3. Plagiarism checker is another plus point of Grammarly. Plagiarism checker in Grammarly is accurate and comes with no limitations like others.

4. Confident, fast, and accurate spelling auto correction fixes spelling mistakes as you type without the help of any manual input or confirmation.

5. Availability of all features across all platforms Desktop application, Outlook integration, Browser Integration, Mobile Keyboard.

6. Weekly email notifications for writing insights about everything that makes you feel confident like your process, new tones, top mistakes, etc.

Cons

1. Expensive, Grammarly is the most expensive grammar assistant in the market. They could bring country-specific pricing at least for not developed countries.

2. No offline editing mode

3. No secret mode

4. Most of the time Grammarly will suggest you to not to use passive voice. If you think there should be a passive voice, you know better, not the robot.

5. No data access and dashboard for the process you are making, all they provide is weekly update via email.

Writing made World Class

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Grammarly is a must-have tool that has really boosted the quality of work produced by my industry, making it word class. It hastens the editing process enormously.

Everyone must have this software, whether an organization or an individual.

Pros

Grammarly is very easy to use...
Very easy to install, and compatible with virtually every device. With Grammarly, the user has the advantage of having their content always checked for grammar and syntax errors. Above that, the software comes with the option for automated correction of the identified errors, so that the user has the easiest time editing their work.
It is a very cheap software, thus affordable to most content creators, editors, and publishers.
Besides, it is a tool that one can completely rely on for excellent grammar in any form of writing.

An extra feature offered by this software is the plagiarism checker tool, which though a premium service, is a very useful tool for content creators, as well as scholars who need to publish their work. With Grammarly, every user is confident that the work they publish is authentic, for Grammarly is able to detect any plagiarised content, giving the user a chance to correct the violation.

Cons

However, Grammarly works best if the user is connected to the internet. Also, the plagiarism checker is only available to premium users, who pay a higher price than the regular users.

Marlyn G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

A good grammar assistant

Reviewed on 2020/05/28

Grammarly is like having an assistant who tells you which words or phrases are misused and what is the best way to write. I have had a good experience using Grammarly, as I am confident that my emails or other documents that I write are grammatically structured. The version of Google Chrome is doing very well, although it is a bit annoying, so I prefer the version that syncs with Microsoft Word.

Pros

I like Grammarly because it is an app that helped me structure my writing, sometimes I write quickly, and it is difficult to make a grammatical analysis of what I write, but with Grammarly, I notice grammatical and structural errors in real-time, One of the tools that I like the most is when it indicates that a text is hard to read, and suggests a better way to structure it so that it is clear and easy to read. The suggestions it gives are quite accurate; For example, when I abuse with the repetitive use of a word or when I write in the passive voice, this app makes you be a professional when it comes to writing. The tools that the paid version has made it, without a doubt, is a useful tool for any writer.

Cons

The only feature I find of this software is that it is only available to correct grammar in English. And is not available for other languages.

Caroline M.
  • Industry: Research

Excellency in using Grammarly

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Grammarly is solving the following business problems for me:
-Word construction
-Spell check
-Suggestion on the perfect words to use on the sentence.
-Placing punctuation marks properly on the sentence.

Benefits of using Grammarly:

I have improved in spelling and grammar and my writing is more clear, more readable and my writing style and tone has also improved. I also present quality documents due to this product.

Pros

The accuracy and the good spell check as well as word construction bonna sentence are the most important features.
The product is easy to use, even when I use it it easy to explore.
The integration with my existing business process was very easy, because I did not seem to encounter any problems and also during the process of changing to this product it became easy for me to adjust to this new program.

Cons

In honesty there are no features missing, and also no improvements should be made as it may complicate might the program.
There no aspects of the product that difficult to use, in fact it is straight forward and easy to use and to understand.
In terms of integration I never encountered difficulties, I don't even miss my previous product for that matter. I'm actually very happy and excited to use the product!

• Industry: Medical Practice

Grammarly: A perfect tool for proofreading

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Grammarly is fantastic tool for proofreading and just a mobile keyboard is enough to create highly accurate documents. If you are using any similar kind of proofreader, just try one grammar and feel the pro features.

Pros

I am a User of Grammarly for more than two years and personally I feel a great improvement on my writing skills just because if Grammarly. It’s a great tool for writing contents and other things without any grammatical mistakes. The spell checking algorithm works really well and it will easily detect our mistakes and give some useful suggestions for correct it. It works fine with Microsoft office and it allows me to carry the work without open Grammarly desktop application. Chrome extension also work better during online activities, especially during composing a mail. The mobile Grammarly keyboard is really cool and it ensures me to type each and every word more accurately and perfectly.

Cons

Sometimes word plug-in laggy and did not work correctly on Microsoft word, hope this bug should be correct in near feature. The pricing for the premium subscription is too high. Sometimes it will suggest some alternative even if we were correct & these underlines are annoying. Always it needs an internet connection for working with Grammarly and I suggest we need an offline mode in future for better user experience.

Zee G.

Go Ukraine! Go Good English! :)

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

We have recently purchased Grammarly Business for our company's marketing team needs because we create a lot of content in English language and it's important to convey a decent image in our articles.

Pros

- It works so great! I use English for work (writing copy for the website and various articles) and for personal reasons (talking with friends, writing my blog, writing papers for university) and Grammarly helps me to make sure the grammar is proper as well as word choices (a Premium feature that's well worth it).
- I like the highlighted error feature because it helps me to see what happened there and also when I click on the underlined word, it shows how to fix the problem.
- It works on Facebook and other online websites when you need to write (hello, Capterra) and it helps a lot!
- it's a startup by two Ukrainians, and I'm from Ukraine, so that was how I found out about the product and why I fell in love with it in the first place.

Cons

- nothing. I love everything about this product, especially since it helps me to be a better writer (as well as get used to the proper grammar when I keep seeing the corrections)

Kimber S.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

I cannot express enough how essential Grammarly has become to my work.

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Like I said before, I am in a very small team, meaning that most of my writing and editing is all done on my own. As most editors and writers know, it can be really difficult finding your own grammar and writing mistakes when you don't have another editor to look over your work. That's why Grammarly has become a must-have for me and my work.

Pros

Grammarly is a more than a spellchecker. It is a writing and editing software that every writer and editor dreams of having. It is more detailed and customized than any other writing/editing software I've ever used. You can even create style guides using Grammarly, because it truly is made for the writing and editing industry. I do most of my writing and editing all on my own, so I depend on Grammarly a lot to help take some of the burden off of me when editing content I have to get out quickly.

Cons

There is honestly nothing I don't like about this software. It's perfect as is. I maybe wish the writing app was more customizable and cute with themes or dark mode or different fonts, if I had to pick something.

Sara M.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A safe bet, even for the best of writers.

Reviewed on 2019/11/20

Grammarly takes away a lot of the guesswork into a piece of writing overall. From short e-mails to important documents, you can really ensure that your grammar, sentence structure, spelling and tone come across well and accurate. It really is the best tool for any office setting.

Pros

As I sit and type this review, Grammarly is working hard in the background ensuring that my grammar, in its entireity is not only correct, but the best that it could be. Even the best of writers make mistakes--thats why spell check was invented. Grammarly takes it a few steps further and not only ensures that words are spelled correctly, but that phrases are written in a way that might make sense to the reader. Additionally, Grammarly analyzes the tone of what your writing (i.e., professional, friendly, etc...) so you can make sure you're getting the right message across. People spend a lot of time thinking and reviewing what they write, so this is an excellent tool that saves time and ensures accuracy! The best part is that the software allows you to have it in the background of your web browser and applications like Microsoft Word.

Cons

I really haven't experienced any cons with this software. Its suggestions are usually spot on and overall, I find it to be a very helpful tool!

• Industry: Legal Services

make yourself smart writer

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

This has helped me to create a standard document, assignments and any reports. this helped my articles to look professional.

Pros

having an apparatus like Grammarly to do quick checks for me and demonstrate to me my slip-ups is an ongoing saver. It is effective and extremely simple to utilize.

Grammarly has spared personal time, got a ton of errors that I may have generally disregarded and I think that its simple to utilize. It gets those troublesome slip-ups that are so natural to disregard like grammatical mistakes and accentuation blunders (it in reality just gotten one as I was composing this sentence. The a single tick amendment highlight is a help and the product offers other supportive notwithstanding the language device -, for example, the counterfeiting checker. I've been utilizing Grammarly for two or three years now and generally, I cherish it.

Cons

The free form is incredible for getting the littler things like incorrectly spelled words, however on the off chance that you truly need assistance with reworking and rebuilding your substance, you'll need to pay for it.

Jackie E.

I was skeptical, but...

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

It has been the single best purchase I have made to help me perform better. I am a writer and at one time thought, "Why would I need Grammarly?" It is clear to me that Grammarly is like having your own personal editor. It helps me construct excellent, error-free emails as well as proofread articles and other forms of content.

Pros

One of my favorite features is that it catches my typing errors. It saves me editing time as it helps me tighten up sentences, sometimes offers sentence structure suggestions and provides word choice options. Another great thing is the personal dictionary you can create for things like often used company names and acronyms so it doesn't try to correct them again and again. Grammarly helps me be a better writer. I was skeptical at first because I thought it had to be buggy or inconsistent. Nope---it is a great tool that has saved my butt more than once or twice! I have three computers and it's on each of them!

Cons

What I like least about it is having to pay for it out of my own pocket! The price is reasonable but I can't write without it now. It's my editor!

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

I suggest the software!

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

I like it. I hope it becomes better and better every day.

Pros

I recommend Grammarly to anyone who wants to write professional essays. There are several Pros I can point out according to my experience.
I think EVERY student needs this software. Students write several homework reports, project updates, and professional emails daily. Therefore, it is necessary to have software like Grammarly to check your writing every moment and prevent you from making simple mistakes. I use Grammarly every day I want to send an email to my advisor or write a project report. It has had a significant effect on progressing my writing skills.
It also provides suggestions on the words that are used frequently in a text and enhances your writing structure.

Cons

I'm working with Grammarly for about two years right now. It is awesome software. There is one thing that I do not know how to change in Grammarly. I usually write my text in the passive form, but it prompts me to use the active expression. It bothers me sometimes.

Vipul C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Amazing Product for Writing

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall the Grammarly Business is a great product. It automatically gets activated in the paragraph fields and integrates with google doc, which makes it even more special. It helps me a lot in completing my tasks because I don't have to worry much about grammatical or spelling errors while typing. Because it has plagiarism checks, so It helps to stay from plagiarisms and offer different suggestions, which helps to make our text brilliant. The option to define the goals allows us to target a specific audience and aligns our text accordingly.

Pros

The Grammarly helps a lot, if you work daily regarding writing. I help you in spelling autocorrections. It even shows you the grammatical mistake, and the best feature of the business version is, it shows you suggestions for the synonyms and even reform the statement if that can be formed in better English. There are wide of languages it supports. Also, it has plagiarism checker and helps to identify all the plagiarisms in your text.

Cons

Sometimes the suggestion shown are not much accurate because the Grammarly marks the text containing some domain-specific terms for opting out synonyms, and even sometimes, the formulation of the sentences becomes wrong. The price is little higher, which I feel is not affordable y everyone

• Industry: Consumer Services

Gramarly - My experience

Reviewed on 2020/06/01

Pros

I liked that it has vary areas to help you with writing - plagiarism and grammar checking, for instance - which have helped me a lot while writing reports.

For plagiarism checking: it tells you where the words look too similar and from where it came from, highlighting it in a clear war. It was became really helpful when I had been working on the same project for hours and did not quite realize what I was writing anymore.

For grammar and misspelling, to proved to be even more useful: you can set how you want your text to be - professional, friendly, confident, etc - and it will give you useful tips to attain that and will give you a score at the end (I usually aim for above 90). The software also makes you aware of passive and active voice, which I would usually tend to ignore, but being constantly reminded of that made me pay more attention when I am writing.

I definitely recommend this software

Cons

There are not many things I do not like about this software. I guess that if I had to point one, it would be that it is a shame it is not available for everyone, as it is paid. Not all people can afford to pay for it (I myself share it with my family).

Elyzabeth S.

I love Grammarly!

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

While my business is mostly personal, it's been an absolute benefit to my educational career. I stumbled upon it by accident one day, gave it a try, and never looked back.

Pros

I write hundreds of pages worth of school-related work every single week. I am a graduate level student working toward a Master's in Psychology. While my writing is exceptional, and my grammatical skills are as well, it's nice to have that extra bit of security ready and willing to help me out when my brain skips a beat. I absolutely love Grammarly, and it has saved me a few times when I did not even realize I needed saving.

Cons

The only thing I struggle with, is that sometimes it would turn off by itself. With that being said, I believe it to be a technological error within my actual laptop, and not the software itself. Perhaps a simple setting tweak that needs to be done on my side of things.

Ana carolina S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Writing as a native and learn with it

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Really good software for non English natives and also for people that have English as their primary language and want to make sure everythig they are writing is correct. I'll use this toolnot only in my academic life, but also in my professional one.

Pros

It is a really helpful tool for me that English is not my mother's language. While you are using the app to make sure you are wiring everything correct, you start to learn and suddenly you realize that you are writing better.
You can use the app on your cellphone or computer. It has been really useful to me when I'm writing my articles and theses. It is easy to use and it has a free and premium version, so anyone can use this helpful tool. You feel more confident about writing anything when you are using Grammarly.

Cons

Sometimes, when you are using the online version for th FireFox, for example, the configuration of the corrections that you should make are not in the correct places. Once a while, the popups of the software also don't close and you cannot see your browsed page.

Giovanna D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

So useful and incredibly intuitive!

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

We use it to correct transcripts, ensuring th eu have proper grammar and spelling. No other autocorrect does a job as fine as Grammarly Business.

Pros

As a freelance worker, I take on a fair share of Transcription jobs. Grammarly has been a life saver! It helps you with grammar and spelling, but also goes beyond that; helping you build sentences that are correct and engaging to read. You can also add the context of your project to make suggestions even more it that is. Grammarly Business goes farther with assisting multiple people with projects, providing them with premium features. It is easy to use! You can write straight to the website, or upload a pre-written project. You can send the project to be proofread and even find unoriginal text from within. Any business that involves writing will benefit greatly by making their team sound engaging and professional!

Cons

It is on a website, not an actually downloadable software, so you will need internet any time you want to use it.

Ruby G.

Grammarly is an amazing tool for all the professionals. You can make corrections on the go.

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

It has been amazing. I am using Grammarly for more than 4 years now.

Pros

One of the most amazing feature of this software is that you can install its extension and edit on the go. It is for all the professionals out there. You can use it to correct your emails , documents, copies, etc. easily. Its free version enables you to correct basic grammar mistakes and sentence structure. It is apt for sending emails. But if you are into writing and editing business, then you must go for its paid version. IT helps you in correcting active passive, sentence structure, unwanted words, etc.

Cons

You cannot use it on mobile. You can download its keyboard but it makes typing very slow. They must do something about it.

Saves my neck sometimes

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Grammerly is a great tool to make sure your spelling and grammar is on point. It's very smart and unlike other grammar and spelling check programs, it's very good at identifying what I'm actually trying to say, so about 95% of the time the suggestions are ones that I can actually use. It catches a lot of mistakes and I love knowing it's there so that I don't come off looking foolish.

Pros

Grammerly is unobtrusive and it's very good at understanding different grammatical constructions, so it's usually very accurate. I've been really impressed at its ability to identify problems in my writing and it's been very useful to catch mistakes I've made. I don't always have a copyeditor, so it gives me peace of mind.

Cons

Occasionally, the Grammerly symbol will get in the way of something. It doesn't happen very often, but there have been a couple of occasions that the Grammerly symbol was in the way of a submit button or something like that, so I had to figure out a way to work around it. Other than that, no complaints.