Sage 100

Enterprise resource planning

• Industry: Medical Practice

Easy and clear for your bookkeeping needs

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

I quite like the software and would recommend. I also use Quickbooks, but Sage suits me much better.

Pros

Really easy to understand and get up and running. Simple workflows and very easy to see the underlying transactions .
Adjustments and corrections are a breeze.

Cons

Only issue I have is with electronic file transfers for payments to my bank. Sage keeps sequential files numbers for each of the different payment types (eg. Payroll and Suppliers), but my bank requires the numbers to be sequential overall. Each time I have to adjust the file number to the proper number so my bank does not reject it.
Online support and training material is adequate, but if you need a real person support is limited - hard to get any response and often need to pay.

Shivali
  • Industry: Accounting

I use it daily... I couldnt be without it

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

I enjoy its capabilities.

I enjoy its capabilities.

Pros

Being able to lock data in a time frame. And the bank reconciliation.

Cons

A little more expensive compared to other products. But this is ok considering its features being specific to accounting profession.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Stability of the system. And the internal audit and control functions.
Teresa
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Honest

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

I’ve been irritated with the ability to understand why something that should be easy to do has been made hard.

Pros

The ability to have all 3 locations in one company but with sub accounts.

Cons

It is difficult to do certain things in accounts payable and accounts receivable.

James
  • Industry: Automotive

Great software for a small growing business

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

There have been some nice improvements in the 18 years we have been using Sage 100/MAS90. It is not cheap, but gets the job done. They must continue to use customer feedback to make the right improvements to the software and not change features users heavily rely on.

Pros

Customer service has been great. They do everything they can to help resolve issues. Sage’s scalability has allowed the software to grow along with our needs. 3rd Party software works best if has partnered with Sage to get updates that allow for testing prior to a new update being released.

Cons

It seems that along with some enhancements you get when upgrading, you may lose some functionality such as when printing travelers that now require more steps to complete. Custom reports and integrations can be costly because a Sage reseller is needed for support.

Ezechiel Narcisse
Ezechiel Narcisse

New Sage 100cloud software is great

Reviewed on 2022/07/19

I've been working with Sage 100cloud for the past 6 months. With my busy schedule and the number of clients I'm servicing, I don't have the time to keep track of all my business finances. Sage 100cloud is the perfect solution for me. I can track my cash in and out, see where I'm at with my payables and receivables and create reports for my accountant. I also use the supply chain module to track my suppliers and create an automated purchase order system. Sage 100cloud is a great solution for businesses that don't have time to keep up with their finances.

Pros

I was looking for a new cloud-based solution to manage my accounting and finances because my old program was not able to handle my business' complicated processes, and I found Sage 100cloud. This solution helps simplify your finances by providing a single source of data for items like cash management, financial procedures and supply chain management. You can manage your entire business from anywhere on any device, so I can check my finances from my phone or tablet.

Cons

I haven't really had any issues with this product so far.

Grace
Grace
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Sage 100

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Over all we are very happy with the software and support received.

Over all we are very happy with the software and support received.

Pros

We use Sage100 for AR, AP, invoicing, inventory and month end reporting. The software is rather easy to use and can be customize for your business needs.It is very easy to train someone to use SAGE 100. Another feature I like is that I can pull reports out into excel. Also the support given from the SAGE staff is high quality.
Good software and support overall.

Cons

The only con to this software is, it is slow at times.

Tracey
Tracey

Pay for everything

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

Pros

Nothing - we used to but they they monetized everything

Cons

Don’t buy unless you plan to have every area monetized. We bought the program years ago then they updated us without consent to subscription. Since then it’s every little thing costs.

Anneliese

Sage 100c at the Non-Profit

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I have used Sage for over 20 years and I am very impressed with how the system has evolved with the change in technology. As a new user it was easy to navigate and as an experienced user there is always more to explore.

Pros

Sage 100c is a user friendly software that integrates the accounting software and warehouse management. The integration helps with productivity and work flow. The partner software is well designed and helps with each module.

Cons

The base system needs to be customized at a cost.

Perry
Perry

Software is good, but the cloud is not

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Pros

They have all the data and functionality we need, the reports are good, the speed of access is decent.

Cons

It is cloud based and we have to pay them every single day for the rest of our lives. We want to have our data local and this does not let us do it. Also, they are not updating the software with any new real features. They are treating it like they treated ACT, like a cash cow. No real improvments, just more money and less support.

Sage Review

Reviewed on 2023/11/10

Pros

It is very easy to go back & see when & what I purchased regarding my purchase orders.

Cons

Sometimes it kicks me out & the only way to get back in is to restart my computer.

Bill
  • Used for 2+ years

Software that is easy to customize to fit your exact needs

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

All in all, this is a good product with options for growth as your business needs change.

Pros

Sage 100 Advanced ERP allows you to create data fields that are unique to your business and have the data flow through the various processes and data files. We have added over 100 fields to our invoicing forms, and the data flows from the sales order to the invoice, to the accounts receivable history. The data entry screens are easily modified to add any custom fields you need. The forms for printing documents are also easily modified via Crystal Reports. We utilize Crystal Reports to perform error checking at the order entry point to alert the order entry and billing clerks if there any issues with the order that needs to be corrected. We check to see if purchase orders are required. If they are, is one on the order? We check to ensure the sales tax code is correct for the shipping address. There are easily a dozen things we check, all utilizing the tools built into Crystal Reports. We have been using this software since the mid-1990's and have upgraded year after year. The upgrades are much easier than they used to be and the features that have been added over the last few years are great additions to the software.

Cons

Some of the processes are more complicated than they need to be. Recording pre-payments on A/R or A/P invoices is a prime example. The process for both should be re-evaluated, and the process should be the same for any pre-payment that needs to be recorded. Some of the module pricing doesn't make any sense. The asset module is way too expensive when compared to other options available.

CHERRY
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

ALOT

ALOT

Pros

EVERYTHING EASE OF WORKING .. BALANCING BOOKS

Cons

PAYROLL - YOU HAVE TO RUN 2 DIFFERENT PAY PERIODS SEPARATE

Kimberly

A Well Travelled Work Horse

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Its a great product for the small business client looking for audit-compliance, reporting and a trust-worthy product without spending a lot. If mobility is not a huge concern for you and you want to keep your operating costs low, choose Sage 100.

Pros

Sage 100 is very well suited for financial record keeping, distribution management and reporting on these business operations. Functionally, it is very reliable and straight forward to use. It was the first accounting software I ever used in a professional setting and I continue to think in terms of the way items are processed in Sage 100. Because it has been around for decades, there is a substantial amount of knowledge available to new users by way of Sage City and the number of consultants available for support is also a huge asset. The subscription pricing makes it very simple to purchase and include as an operating cost for the lifetime of the business and there are great integrations available in the channel.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app that gave access to the approval functions and other areas of the product that would be convenient when traveling away from the office - or even just working remotely. Remote accessing a server is very inconvenient and there are so many browser-based systems in business already. Sage 100 feels behind the times without this functionality.

John
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Very good software. Has gotten better over time. Still room for improvement

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

I've been using Sage 100 for more than twenty years and it's a great tool most of the time. Databases were improved module by module several years ago and that made a huge difference in stability and reliability.

Work flow is consistent across modules. Once you understand Sage's way of managing workflow, it translates to other software modules, so there is less to learn.

Pros

Full featured. Has what you need in most modules to run a typical company. Decent implementation of Paperless office. Print and linking PDF copies of most documents is great.

Cons

Workflow can be frustrating or cryptic in rare cases. Implementation of paperless office, particularly for PDF invoices and uploaded documents is really good, but not great.

Needs better inventory work order management. Basic integration is terrible, GREAT integration is too full featured. We need something in between. Just a basic Work order process that actually works.

brittany

Accounting and Inventory Ability

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

We went with Sage because we needed an accounting software that would also keep inventory stock. The fact that Sage has build able modules and customization available is pretty much the biggest asset available. I use Accounts Receivable, Payable, Sales Order, Inventory Management, Purchase order, General Ledger and Paperless office. I like that it allows me to more permanently close out accounting days and keeps track of all reports for later use.

Cons

It is a time consuming software to learn, definitely keep a professional on standby when installing and learning the system. Although I like being able to close out days and orders, it does make it a little harder to fix any mistakes. There are occasional bugs with the system but nothing that hasn't been able to be fixed with a phone call to our Sage installer.

Yanet

Sage 100cloud from a non-profit user

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

It has met all of our AP and AR needs.

It has met all of our AP and AR needs.

Pros

All the modules are located on the left side of the home screen. It may not seem like a big component; however, when you're wanting to go in and out-things it's a game changer. Some days, I have up to ten different windows in which I'm cross referencing. I can reconcile while looking at my AR and AP. Making entries and printing checks is a breeze. The steps are easy to follow and the tutorials are simple.

Cons

Be sure to double check modules when updating software. We updated and quickly realized some modules hadn't carried over correctly. It was taken care of fast but could've caused problems down the road. It would be nice to have a checklist of when everything is being updated to see when changes did/didn't occur.

Dvon

Very Sad!!! Very Very Sad!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

I would never recommend this software. Any looking for a way out. I know other companies who use this software and are taking the same approach. Maybe after enough people leave their service, they'll start acting like a customer friendly company; not a company that says ...... "I gotcha!!" Time to take the ride!!!

Pros

It is a sturdy platform. Served its purpose. Has good features .... a good overall solid mid sized company package.

Cons

As in previous reviews, they are now price gouging with huge support price increases. Can't get any update without getting support plan. They do not have a "pay for support" option only for the experienced user of their software. Now we can't get phone support. Only support given is through web chat. That really sucks!! Imagine trying to teach someone how to use the Report Writer feature through web chat. Very Sad!!!

Kara
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100cloud Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Sage100cloud takes a bit to get used to; but the every-day functions are not difficult to maneuver. When you get into deeper more complex functions (which Sage offers) then it becomes quite difficult to learn how everything works together. It's a muscle machine and can handle a lot of data (we are in the manufacturing business).

Pros

We have used Sage for over 10 years. Our primary business is manufacturing. Sage has a wide range of tracking and amazing functions that can be done. If you need a robust program and have the budget for it, this is the one to go with.

Cons

Learning how to use all the completx functions proves to be difficult and training & software are very spendy.

Albert
  • Industry: Design

Sage 100cloud review

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

sales analysis, inventory slow moving analysis, gross profit and specialized reporting analysis

Pros

Visual integrator to import files and Sage intelligence for customized reporting needs

Cons

some of the standard built in reports such as sales orders by item and product line are not very excel friendly and look better on paper.

Don
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Affodable step up from Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2016/12/12

i have used a variety of ERP software packages in my career, including Quickbooks and Microft Dynmaics' Navision, and Sage 100 provides a full feaured ERP package at an affordable price. Cost's per user for a month's subscription for the Essentials core accounting package (GL, AP, AR, Bank Reconciliation) and a little more for the Advanced Bundle (Essentials plus Inventory, Purchasing, and Sales Order), and more for the Complete Bundle (Essentials plus Bar Code, Return Materials Authorization, and Bill of Materials). For manufacturing, you can add the Complete Plus Bundle (Work Order, MRP, Job Cost, and Time Card). There are additional add-on modules such as Paryoll with Direct Deposit, 100c Manufacturing (formerly JobOps), CRM, Sage Intelligence Reporting, and eBusiness Web Services. Each package includes Library Master, Business Insights (Drill Down Inquiry, Reporting, and Dashboard), Paperless Office, Custom Office (to create User Defined Fields and customized screens), Visual Integrator (to Export and Import data to/from Excel and Sage), and Crystal Reports.
The Windows Explorer type menus make navigation easy, and the workflow follows the menus. Sage 100 is designed for 1 to 50 users, and supported the creation of multiple business entities or companies. The software has many configuration options, and can be tailored to the company's use, so because it is flexible there is also a learning curve due to its sophistication. Sage has been the number one accounting software recommended by CPA's for many years.

Pros

Affordable, flexible, stable data base, excellent module integration.

Cons

Does not have a Point of Sale option, or a full featured Web Store, or user friendly API tool.

KIMBERLEY
  • Industry: Accounting

Sage - Tacking your Companies costs

Reviewed on 2021/04/29

Sage is easy to install and can be used for all types of industries from small to medium sized. Easy to train and configure to your companies needs. Highly recommend this product

Pros

Sage is easy to setup. The ability to customize your invoices to include Logos and what is required to be shown on your invoices is essential. The ability to setup your fonts and how you want reports to print and look makes it very personable.

Cons

I would like the ability to copy a Journal entry to reuse as opposed to saving as a stored entry. Coping entries on the fly is much faster. When a credit appears you cannot back out of this (no choice to exit) can make a mess of your gl

Cherechi
  • Industry: Government Administration

This is one of the best ERPs I have used in a while, it makes working a whole lot more fun and...

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Despite the whole full and complex look and feel, Sage 100 is still quite easy to understand in about 3 tries(if self teaching) but under an experienced hand , I’d probably give a day a day and half max.

Pros

The best thing about this software is it’s streamlined nature. An ERP that can help completely monitor from manufacturing to storage to logistics to HR and even customer relationship and satisfaction. This is one top of the line software.

Cons

It is still a bit jumbled up. Once loaded, it still looks like a whole lot on the eye. Icons and folders can still be properly arranged and sorted properly. Still a lot of addons that are not really needed.

Joleen

2020 Review of Sage 100 Cloud

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

Overall we are very pleased with Sage 100 cloud. Our IT consultant finds it easy to help us trouble shooting if needed, and customer service has been very helpful. We have also found it easy to adapt to our company needs. The upgrade to Sage 100cloud was seamless.

Pros

The product is user friendly, the pull down windows are very helpful for new employees. New employees were easily trained to use the product.

Cons

It would be a great enhancement if all reports would not close after print/print preview.

Our checks are not standard laser printer checks, and it was a little challenging to set up to print correctly. Smart printers would not allow the adjustments. Final fix was to purchase an inexpensive printer.

Avinash

Professional Layout

Reviewed on 2021/08/07

I have been able to access sage online from anywhere around the world and have instant access to my inventory and sales just a click away

Pros

I really liked the way sage classifies their segments as icons so as to easily identity the functions that you are looking for. The Layout has been carefully thought to be both simple but quite professional.

Cons

The software can become pricy as many features as only available as options which increases the cost of the operating software especially if you are a start-up company.

Sefa

My daily must at work

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

Pros

I have been using Sage Mas90 for more than 9 years. We are a manufacturing company and many of our data are entered or stored in this program. We have our Bill of materials, accounting stuff, customer information in this program and we update or write data in daily basis. I use it mostly for pulling data and using it for building our product. Without it things would be very unorganized and hard to manage.

Cons

For the purpose i use it as an engineer, i have no problem.