StarLeaf

Cloud-based web conferencing and messaging software

4,7
4,7
4,4
4,5
4,8
Lee E.

The StarLeaf platform enables easy collaboration with my team to help boost effiency & productivity

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

The best thing about the StarLeaf platform is its simplicity. It's so easy to use, that even my less technical savvy colleagues have no issues using it, This has enabled widespread adoption across the business, which has helped to increase efficiency and boosted productivity. StarLeaf allows me to make high-quality voice and video calls to anyone, anywhere, on any device.

Cons

Aesthetically, the interface could look slicker, but otherwise, I can't identify any major faults with the solution.

Jethro K.
Industry: Telecommunications

Starleaf has always been great company thats keeps developing and is always two steps ahead.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

it enables to stay in contact with in and outside the company.

Pros

Easy to use, high quality and feature rich. I was hesitant to move from Breeze to App, but now app is the better option.

Cons

needs to be expanded so that you can also chat outside your domain. Waiting eagerly to share files in the app (nut just in beta)

Industry: Telecommunications

Only one App needed for your business communications

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Collaboration with my colleagues is so much easier know. I use the StarLeaf app on my Macbook, iPad and iPhone for videoconferencing 1-on-1, scheduled conferencing with screen sharing and chats. I enables me to use my time more efficient and travel less.

Pros

Most of all I like the ease of use. One app for your videoconferencing and chat that can be used on multiple devices.

Cons

For some reason the microphone gets muted from time to time. The only way to solve this is to restart the app.

Caleb O.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

StarLeaf Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

I'm able to interact with my business teammates directly or in a group meeting without hassles.

Pros

StarLeaf allows secure messaging and facilitates quick video calls and meetings. Its interface is easy to navigate and features new business communication tools.

Cons

Establishing connectivity with external devices can be difficult. However, I believe there is room for more improvements so that it can meet up with other premium communication tools.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Sara A.
Industry: Financial Services

We love StarLeaf!

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Overall, it's been a great experience working with StarLeaf. We love the Outlook integration and ease of scheduling, in addition to the other features offered by the system.

Pros

Our team loves the high quality audiovisual experience and security offered by StarLeaf. We have peace of mind that our meetings with executives, clients, and other businesses are encrypted and confidential.

Cons

The only issue that we've experienced is that some businesses and clients have issues downloading the app or accessing the web browser due to firewall restrictions.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Adam F.

Great ever evolving platform

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

Friendly graphic user interface, useful history of calls with each contact, easy to invite someone as a guest connection

Cons

The design of the software has evolved to make it easy to use, the only downside is that it took a while for the latest version to catch up with the original Breeze client.

Michael G.

Quick and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Very quick to get started, pairing code allowed us quick installation. Skype interoperability is best in the market we have seen.

Cons

I can't set up a sip phone line on the device. Power over Ethernet was not provided by our switch so we had to use 3rd party Poe to power touchscreen.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Michael,
Thank you for the feedback.
We'd like to work through your issues surrounding the sip phone line and power over ethernet - please could you get in touch and we can see how to resolve this.
If you have any other issues then please do also let us know.

Cecile S.

Fantastic Enterprise-grade solution for Microsoft Skype for Business/Teams

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Daily team collaboration is enhanced and external meetings with SfB users are being facilitated

Pros

- Microsoft Skype for Business/Teams integration
- Easy-to-use meeting room systems
- Logitech Meetup Support
- Multi-year Premium Support with advanced replacement

Cons

- Some Collaboration features have not yet to be enabled (whiteboarding, annotations)
- Chat across different organisations is not yet allowed
- Live Streaming feature is still missing

Easy to use software for video conferencing. Endpoints are easy to set up and use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

high quality video conferencing with interoperability.

Pros

Fantastic interoperability. there is even an option to allow SIP endpoints to join a S4B meeting - a unique difference. The management portal is really easy to use. the ability to scale up to a voice platform is also a nice to have that other vendors don't have.

Cons

enhanced features are a bit tricky to find, but they are there. The soft client seems to update every time I start it.

Andre F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great choice for meeting systems.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Pros

I have been using on and off and conjunction with a life size unit and I have to say the cloud based features of this works amazingly well.

Cons

The system I used was cloud based so there was a subscription fee attached to my physical on premises hardware.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Andre,
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it and we're glad that we are helping you in your meeting rooms.

Ante U.

Excellent cloud service

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/11/06

I’m verysatisfied with service. It covers most of the scenarios need for video collaboration.

Pros

Great features in free version. Very simple and intuitive user interface in all clients (pc/mobile). Support for standard based videoconferencing protocols. Very fast and responsive clients. Calls are established in second. Lot of options available for different type of codecs and clients from Starleaf and partners for native experience.

Cons

There are some features missing in comparison with other cloud collaboration services. Sometimes ios app is unstable, crashes.

Peter N.
Industry: Real Estate

Poor Support

Reviewed on 2020/10/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We use it for on-line meetings

Pros

That it is easy to use. Have a nice day

Cons

If there is a problem the lack of support. We had a problem that one of the users could not be heard and were unable to get anyone from Starleaf to assist us.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Carys G.

StarLeaf are by far the best manufacturer I work with. Products and staff are all second to none!

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Messaging, voice and video all on one platform making communication with my colleagues seamless.

Pros

The StarLeaf app is a true Unified Communications platform, providing messaging, voice and video all on one platform. The interface is intuitive and easy to use and the roadmap for future development is well structured and robust.

Cons

If there are any features that I feel are missing from the software I know that they are already on the road map for future development.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Carys,
Thank you so much for the kind review. We're glad that we're helping you to improve your daily communications with your colleagues.
If you have any other questions or suggestions for ideas on the roadmap then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Randy M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

A great way to bridge many devices, Skype and dekstop/mobile workers

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Easy adoption and training of users. - We were looking to solve problems with AV integration and coordinating customer calls with Skype. We also needed a powerful desktop, IM and mobile solution. Starleaf was able to solve the immediate Skype-enabled conference room problem and we were staying away from their mobile application. They then recently release a new and much-improved desktop client (which is free, by the way) and our adoption level has gone up.

Pros

- We were looking to solve problems with AV integration and coordinating customer calls with Skype. We also needed a powerful desktop, IM and mobile solution. Starleaf was able to solve the immediate Skype-enabled conference room problem and we were staying away from their mobile application. They then recently release a new and much-improved desktop client (which is free, by the way) and our adoption level has gone up. The touch panel with native skype interface made it flawless for our team to join Skype calls.

Cons

The old Breeze client was bad, but that problem is gone. The GTm Series is built for the legacy AV community and pushing towards cloud bridge solutions- a hard balance to create, so there are inputs and outputs we didn't need- but I'm sure others will be happy with the flexibility built in.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Randy,
Thanks for your review. We appreciate the kind feedback and we're always looking for ways to improve in order to provide our clients with the flexibility they need from their conferencing solution.

Industry: Wholesale
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to set up, 1 button to join meetings

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

Works with existing hardware, easy to scale out across an organization. Clean interface allows for easy user adoption.

Cons

Some features still missing from app. Looking for chat outside of our organization, but am told it will be available soon.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi,
Thank you for your kind review.
We're always looking to improve our solution, so thank you for your feedback. As you mention, chat outside of your organization has been in the roadmap for some time and will be available in the near future.
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Alex A.
Industry: Machinery
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Simple to use tool for collaborating internally with a remote workforce.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

Easy to use and always available on computer.

Pros

Easy of use to make calls via VOIP and to collaborate (share screens, etc.) make this a great tool for the office.

Cons

Because is it a VOIP system, it can be difficult to reach areas with lower bandwidth and slower internet.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your kind review! We're always trying to do more to improve our solution, so thank you for the feedback. If you have any other questions that you'd like answered then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Gizzelle A.

Finally Video Conferencing I want to use!

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

I like that it is just as easy to have corporate video conferencing as it is to use my smart phone. We have had both Polycom and Lifesize systems over the years and I can't remember us using them a single time because no one knew how to dial between offices or set up the devices. Now we use video conferencing on a daily basis internally and with our external customers. Also, little things like being able to set up "click to call me" for an instantaneous video call in my e-mail signature are really cool.
It's also intuitive from an administrative standpoint...my first time in the admin portal I was able to get great data and make beneficial changes without any training.

Cons

I really wish there was the ability to take control of someone else's screen when you are doing desktop sharing instead of just viewing it. Also, occasionally on my MacBook Pro, my camera won't boot up automatically during a call and I get audio only....I'm the only one in our organization with the issue though and I have a support ticket open to hopefully solve it.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Gizzelle,
Thank you for your review.
We're always looking to incorporate customer feedback into our roadmap, so I'll share your comments with the product team.
In the mean time, I hope your support ticket has now been resolved?
Please do get in touch if you have any other questions that we can help with.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

James B.

Think of the consumer IM tools - Notably Whatsapp, slack etc, but secure and fit for for business

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Efficiency, better collaboration, more inclusive team spirit

Pros

Easy to use shouldgo without saying; on a single platform, I can IM my team and then seamlessly escalate this to a voice or video call, and then to a full scale collaboration.
Most of the young talent we are trying to attract from the best schools, colleges and universities want to work in a more dynamic and multi-modal way - this means that they need collaboration tools that will follow them across their different devices - PC, mobile, tablet and into the meeting room - with the StarLeaf App we can let them do this. This leads to better and far more dynamic collaboration, wherever the team is, whatever they are doing; it leads to far greater inclusion for all team members, and therefore faster decision making; we do this by living in the chat box, and then escalating this to video collaboration immediately the moment we need to pore over a document or share and discuss some content - it is very easy to use and the team love it

Cons

Currently you cant IM outside your organisation, but I believe that development is being carried out on this

Myrella H.

Incredibly easy to use and schedule my meetings

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

I was able to conduct and participate in productive meetings colleagues and with my customers hassle free.

Pros

I can begin my meetings with one button and I do not have to input any credentials to join a call.

Cons

I wish I could add another participant during a meeting in session. Currently I have to send a user the meeting credentials and I can't dial out to them directly.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Myrella,
Thank you for the kind feedback!
If you're still having difficult adding participants to meetings then please get in touch with us. We want to make things as simple as possible for you.
In the mean time, if you have any other queries then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Raudel W.

Easy to understand, learn, and use software and hardware

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

The Starleaf platform is an easy one to learn and use. Easy for 1st time users to join a meeting and navigate the features of the platform. Starleaf offers a great solution for companies that are Skype For Business shops. Their hardware make it simple to join and start Skype Meetings. They make the conference room experience a simple one.

Cons

The old Breeze client could be challenging but they have moved on and upgraded to a new client.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Raudel,
Thanks for the kind review, we appreciate it!
Hopefully the new solution is solving the issues that you had with Breeze.
If you have any other questions then please do get in touch.

Tom B.
Industry: Telecommunications

Very intuitive and reliable system.

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Improved collaboration

Pros

The whole Starleaf platform is always evolving, which is essential in this marketplace. Ease of use is not an easy thing to achieve with a technical product, so we have to commend them for this.
The whole system is intuitive, which our customers love.
Its also easily scalable, which is a huge benefit to most organisations.

Cons

In comparison to other UC platforms, the functionality is not quite there yet.....but its not far off!

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Tom,
Thank you for the kind words! We're working hard every day to improve the functionality of StarLeaf, so thank you for the feedback.
If you do have any other questions then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kevin W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

I am both an extensive user and seller of this technology

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

Simple to navigate, work out and use. Even on first use it feels familiar. The front end GUI has taken many of the good things from other similar applications and included them. From a working product perspective, it improves communications and the growth in its use demonstrates its popularity.

Cons

Not much - it delivers nearly everything we need. It will be almost perfect when it is able to be used across organisations

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for the kind review.
Usage across organizations is something that is planned for the near future, but if you have any other questions/suggestions then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Industry: Telecommunications

Simple but very efficient video app

Reviewed on 2019/11/17

Good video app that I use daily for communication with my colleagues and business contacts.

Pros

The easy of use is very good. Besides video calling you can use the app for chat and the exchange of photo's and video's. Very stable video connection from you PC or phone, so very useful when you work on you desk or when you are travelling.

Cons

The user interface looks very simple and is not as attractive as other comparable videoconferencing apps.

Jason J.

My favorite cloud video product!

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

Starleaf is one of the most easy to use softwares on the market for A communication solution. The best part is it just works. We communicate all over the world and knowing a we have a solution that won't disrupt and frustrate our organization is amazing. One single platform for messaging,

Cons

I like everything about it. Nothing falls short about the product. There is multiple things to use within rhe product to communicate. If I had to pick one thing sometime o wish there was a directory to dig through without having to search. Although this isn't a big deal.

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Jason,
Thank you so much for the kind words! We're glad you're having such a positive experience.
Please get in touch if there's anything else you'd like from us.

Paul M.

I use StarLeaf everyday for my customer meetings so I can have face-to-face time with them.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

StarLeaf is easy to use and can be accessed on most devices so meetings can take place at any time. The support is also excellent. The team is easy to reach and very helpful.

Cons

Sharing content is easy but sharing applications is a bit clunky at this time. (I do hear that StarLeaf is working on this feature.)

Response from StarLeaf

Hi Paul,
Thank you for the kind review.
We are always looking to improve our product, and content sharing is certainly one of the things that we look at.