Showing 64 reviews of 54

Showing 64 reviews of 54
Rebecca D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Good rater - not many problems

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

I prefer this rater to many others. It’s better to call tech support with EZLynx than sending in a ticket through their automated reporting. This is a great tool that we are able to use to highly improve efficiency.

Pros

This rater makes my job a lot easier. I am able to put most rating information in the rater once and get quotes back from many companies. There are rarely any issues. We are able to set both agency and personal preferences and create templates to make the work faster.

Cons

Tech support tickets are not as fast as I’d like to see. I’d also like to be able to rate other lines of mono-line business such as rental dwellings or snowmobiles. I would like to not have their marketing for their database system in my face all the time when I log in. I would like an opt-out option.

Gretchen F.

EZ Rater

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Great, great system to have in our office to help quote

Pros

So easy to use, screens are easy to manage and maneuver through. Bridges the quotes to all our carriers

Cons

Sometimes if you go back in to review quote, it bridges over again to the carrier and you have a lot of quotes

Claire M.

Confusing-poor service

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

They gave me an e-mail for someone to complain to. She responds to pacify me but nothing get's done about the issues I'm having. The links in service e-mail for training videos are outdated and waste of time watching them to find the videos don't match the actual platform. The service dept's stock answer is "it's the carriers fault, or that's the way the carrier wants it". I talked to 2 rep's and they were very upset that it's not working or rating correctly. They checked and it's not the carriers request that answers affecting rating are missing or the question is missing completely.

Pros

When it works it makes quoting easy by moving information between the policy and the quote platform

Cons

Everything from trying to figure out who to call and what dept they work in when I don't understand the phone selections (I had to listen to the names under each phone extension, hang up and try to next to find anyone I need to talk to), I was told 2 months and it's been 4 and we still aren't up and running, Service blows off complaints that affect rating and after 5 weeks I FINALLY had someone actually look and I'm right and the selections to get an accurate quote missing. It's been 2 weeks and they haven't done anything to fix it yet. I was supposed to get 3 months free during conversion and have been charged. It's made double the work during a busy time and I don't see an end in sight. I expected disruption for 2 months-it's been over 4 so far)!

Jim S.

Unable to Retrieve Basic Reporting/Metrics Info

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Competitive Rater = 100% satisfaction.
AMS = 25% satisfaction.

Pros

Up-front d/base for downloading/bridging into carrier systems...after that it's basically worthless from my experience.

Cons

Virtually non-existent customer support with reporting problems; no one is empowered to do anything. Constant, repetitive reporting error messages. Unable to obtain the most basic metric data regarding my book of business despite purchasing the AMS reporting features. Numerous reported issues with inability to obtain metrics for MY DATA (housed in EZLynx) that I'm paying for that just die on the vine with no resolution after an initial interchange with customer support. No resolution.

Brad L.

Not easy start up

Reviewed on 2020/06/12

Pros

I liked the pricing and the features. I liked the fact that this is a simple industry specfice CMS.

Cons

Their implementation team is terrible. I couldn't get timely call backs and their was almost no help getting up and running. The sales rep called every other day and was quick to get back with you. After I signed up it was crickets. My requests for help were answered with "watch this video". Some times a guy just wants to talk to someone! Sometimes it is so much easier to ask your question, get an answer and move on with your day!

Kim B.

EZ LYnx review

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

makes your job simple to quote multiple products for your clients in a small amount if time

Pros

You are able to import all your client data in an easy click of a button and it runs quotes fast and simple

Cons

the support is not always timely when you need assistance on an error or updating data, you sometimes need to leave a message and wait for a call back

Corey S.

Easiest multi rating system I have used

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Makes getting multiply quotes at the same time way more easy!!

Pros

Straight forward and user friendly. They have put more thought into this than a lot of the major carriers have. It is simple and leads from one page to the next.

Gabriel P.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great but comes with a cost

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

EZLynx is a great rater for agencies that focus on more preferred lines of business if the agency writes more non-standard or standard the cost does not seem to weigh the benefit

Pros

I love that there are many carriers that are available on the rater

It's great that you can quote multiple products by just completing one quote

The management system is very detailed and can help an agency manage their overall book of business very well

Return rates are very accurate and really are only incorrect if the company does not return information correctly or purposely manipulates the rate

Cons

The rater is difficult to learn for new users but they have plenty of tutorials that help along the way

The company does not shy away from the fact that they are one of the most expensive raters on the market

Brenda H.

EZ Lynx

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Overall good - would like to see options to put in more repetitive carrier information so as to not waste time repeating stuff every time I do a quote. Makes me not want to use the software because it feel like it takes longer to use it

Pros

Gives you the opportunity to put almost everything you need to get any type of auto/home quotes you need to market

Cons

No user friendly when submitting the information to carriers. Not enough ways to add in information that you seem to have to input everytime you submit to carriers

Adam K.

Good Tool

Reviewed on 2019/12/18

EzLynx is a necessary evil for me right now. I need to use it for my P/C group that I am a part of. It gets the job done but makes it difficult to choose other AMS providers. It doesn't play well with others. No extra integrations without paying for add on packages. Would love to see them open it up to other AMS providers.

Pros

I like the compatibility this software has with multiple insurance companies and being able to rate policies fairly quickly.

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't allow full integration with other AMS systems.

Fred B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Worst customer service in the industry

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

I would highly recommend to try anyone but EZ lynx. Even if they are a little cheaper you will pull your hair out with their greatly sub standard service...…..

Pros

the software is so so. The service is horrible, beware!

Cons

The customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered. They do not return calls, You can't get a live person. I have been trying to resolve a simple issue for over 2 months.

Travis P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

EZlynx has its pros and cons, but I find it very useful for newer agents.

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Saves time from inputting personal info into each carrier's system.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that you input all of the client's information which is then seeded to each carrier.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that sometimes the info you input doesn't translate well to the carrier site and therefore the rates are only accurate when you review from the carrier's website and finish the quote.

Nathaniel M.

Shady sales tatics

Reviewed on 2019/01/05

Probably one of the worst experiences I’ve dealt with. I was tricked into signing up based on the product they showed me. I later found out that I did not have the products that they showed in the demo. They are expensive add ons.

Pros

Has a lot of potential to be a good system.

Cons

Sales team is extremely shady. They don’t know the product well. They don’t explain what are addons and what are included. Be very careful. Also, they are not organized and it’s a huge mess when they start your setup.

Adam M.

Never worked properly

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Pros

I love the concept of this product. The idea of receiving multiple quotes but only having to input information once is very appealing.

Cons

It never worked properly. I have used similar software in the past, and was never able to get this software to function correctly.

Lee C.

DO NOT buy this software

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

The 1st and 2nd training call start like this, OK what do you want to learn or focus on? I answered EVERYTHING i need to know how to use the software i need help, You can probably guess what answer you recieve. Online TRAINING VIDEOS YEAH!!!!!!! So in conclusion if you are older than 30 then you probably will have a heck of a time and grow to resent everything about this software. I wish i could go on about this software but I dont know what else it does or doesnt do so good luck in your decision. I hope this helps you make an informed decision and yes i wrote this with an attitude and chip on my shoulder but i did so after 198 days of frustration.

Pros

the potential it has and many many features it offers

Cons

Where do I begin, I have been working with and trying to master this software for 8 months now and i am at the point of giving up.

1) Customer service is an absolute joke, dont ever plan on anyone answering the phone the hold times are 10-30-50 minutes long so you have no choiuce but to have someone call you back. The issue with this is as soon as you hang the phone up you are onto something else. When they do call you back you can be assured that they will help you with the one item you called in about and immediatly direcvt you to the online training videos that are 5-7 years old. you will feel the pressure to wrap up any question you might have so they can get off the phone and direct you to the videos and self learning. OH and if its close to the end of the day you can almost garuntee that you will be hung up on right in the middle of your conversation THIS IS LIKE CLOCKWORK DAILY.

2) Onboarding: this is a laughable, what this really means is that you pourchase the software and put down your $1,000 or $2,000 and then after a few days you are giving an appointment for a MONTH later to get started. So you ask what am i supposed to do until then after all your trying to start a business right. ANSWER: self training videos link YEAH!!!!!!

3) the trainig call when you do get onto the phone with the trainer after a month you have 100 questions and dont know where to start or what to ask.

• Industry: Insurance

Not Perfect - But Definitely A Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

As an independent agent, we represent about 20 different companies. EZLynx serves its purpose as a rater that allows us to get pricing for those companies with ease. I am generally able to get some pricing with all of my companies in about 3 minutes time.

Cons

EZLynx allows customization of how you want to quote/information that is prefilled/etc. - but there are limitations. There are still instances of us having to enter information for every quote in which if there was a way for it to be prefilled that it would save a lot of time.

Good product but could be improved

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

It's a good organizational tool. It also is the quickest way to submit quote requests to multiple carriers.

Cons

I wish that dwelling fire policies were easier to quote. I also wish that ezlynx could tell you when a policy was ineligible with a carrier.

Sagar R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Best all-in-one solution and rating sytem for agency

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

When I first started working for Insurance Agency, I used to fill up the customer data on every carrier website we represented manually and it used to take hours just to complete one quote for only handful carriers. Then came along EzLynx like a bliss. It was like a magic that time (in 2005) for us. What used to take 3-4 hours, we could do within just half an hour or less. Earlier EzLynx had its fair share of problems but their wonderful customer support always helped out us on every way. EzLynx also worked hard on improving system over years to perfect system, what it is as of today. My journey with EzLynx have been wonderful experience. It is must have system for all insurance agencies.

Pros

Easy to use, navigate quote rating system.
Supports most carriers and best integration with them.
Good intergration with HawkSoft and other agency management systems.

Cons

Must support more Line of Business quoting in Texas, like Dwelling Fire.

Andrew B.

New update

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

New update where if if customer has not lived at current address for 3 years at least you MUST put a prior address. I called to see if there is a way around and was told no. I explained that none of my carriers require a prior address if insured lived at current for at least 1 year. I was told it didn't matter. I asked for a supervisor and was told they would call or email but i haven't heard anything.

Pros

They have rates for all of my carriers .

Cons

I do not like the new requirement that insured must have lived at current for at least 3 years or prior address MUST be listed. You cannot work around this even though None of my carriers require it.

Linda H.

Genius!

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I would give this five stars, it will save you a ton of time if you represent a large number of companies.

Pros

This product has saved me HOURS of doing competitive quoting! It was the best decision our office has ever made.

Cons

Sometimes the carrier questions seem a little redundant, but I am not sure that is the fault of the software.

Henry M.
  • Industry: Insurance

very easy to use and very helpful when extracting monthly reports

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

keeping track of progress

Pros

stores information very good. reports are very helpful. email campaigns helps us grow

Cons

glitches in the system sometimes ..rarely

Justin G.

FULL TIME JOB

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Customer service is alway 15 minutes hold. They call you back and they can only help with one out of 5 things.

Pros

I signed up for the lower cost - man was this a mistake. Talk about things not being simple or easier. Talk about zero help and guidance. On boarding was supposed to be a breeze. I am 100 days in and still do not have this system up right. I have thought about writing a negative review multiple times and refrained from that.

Their system software is dated. Companies you are working with software is dated. Nothing is easier. The NAIC codes right now are not even in the system. I have hundreds of unpatch clients I have to go into and sort manually. No email address come over on the system. Pretty awful. They are not able to split codes up for under multiple producers without having to pay $100s per producer even if I just want the information for myself.

Cons

I am imputing everything into the system myself. You say you pay for onboarding - it is a lot of works. Setting up an IVANS account. Going back and forth with every company multiple times.

If you have a quote in Safeco for example, you cannot pull that information down to EZlynx. You have to start the quote there.
If you wanted to use their system for payment - you have to log into the carrier anyways.
If you are creating a system to store everything you should be able to store things in it and process things from it.

Noah W.

For the Record

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

This product has made it easy to document Client data and actions in a way that can be easily called upon.

Pros

Compared to products I have used for similar purposes, this has a much smoother upload process.

Cons

Some other competitors products have fantastic bookkeeping software built-in.