Kotobee Author

Interactive Ebook creator and editor and publishing software

4,6
Mark anthony J.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Kotobee Authoriffic!

Reviewed on 2020/05/10

Kotobee Author allowed our teacher participants in our several trainings here in the Philippines to create their own interactive ebook that is contextualized and personalized according to the needs of their learners and the learning competencies required. It also allows them to use it offline which solves the internet connection problem in some areas. Exciting future for digital authoring for teachers!

Pros

Kotobee Author brings out your innate creativity! Its easy to create your own interactive ebook that can be read online or offline. I love the flexibilities such as built-in testing and exporting in different devices/platforms, the rich content that can excite and motivate our learners and the over all experience that can definitely transform education in this 4IR.

Cons

None at all but if you can allow us to use a library of books for kids for free in our commons.deped.gov.ph site (which can be accessed here in the Phil using Free Data) that would be awesome!

Maria joana P.
Industry: Education Management

Kotobee is the ebook maker you wanted to be

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

I love using this software most especially for creating my customized materials for the lesson.

Pros

The kotobee author is very user friendly most especially for teachers who are beginning to embrace remote learning with our teaching.
What I also like most of this software is that you can organize your lessons in a way that it is interactive for the learners.

Cons

The software could have built in application so that it will be easier to navigate and create materials most especially for teachers.

Amor B.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

eBook Creation with Kotobee Author: Its Advantages and Drawbacks

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/04

Overall, Kotobee Author is an interactive ebook appropriate for my blended class specifically for reference use as well. It only needs to be downloaded so that means offline access is possible with fewer exceptions if you have URL links embedded.

Pros

The most impactful feature would be to import a PDF or Word document into a Kotobee Author file (there might be some tweakings needed). It makes an eBook interactive, engaging, and eye-catching to the readers. With Kotobee Author, you can add any types of images, videos, 3D models, and even graded assessments. Even when using words, you can link them to any websites, chapters, or anchors in the book. To lessen the bandwidth usage, you do not need to open a browser since it automatically pops up for your convenience.

Kotobee Author has another exquisite feature that is widget integration from sites such as BookWidgets that makes students attentive and interested. You can add custom autoplay audio that aids their flow of reading.

Cons

Since Filipino students mostly use phones for online learning, the fact that I cannot separately edit its mobile app version is unbearable. I like to make custom header titles above my lessons (using a laptop) but once you view it on mobile, it becomes unorganized. Also, there are times in the customize tab, the gear keeps on loading without showing the web preview. Thus, not making the system fit for a huge image size so it needs primary optimization.

Merzel mark G.

My Kotobee Author Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/05

My overall experience with Kotobee author is that Kotobee author is a very useful tool for me as Math teacher. Honestly, when the DepEd introduced this wonderful authoring tool, I feel very excited to learn this authoring tool and when I used it, I find Kotobee Author a user friendly tool for making ebooks and also this authoring tool can be integrate in other softwares that can help us teachers in creating an ebook for our students who have an eager to learn and explore the world.

Pros

The Kotobee author is a good tool for e-learning and creating ebooks. I like the features and functionalities of the said software and I like the designing of the page of the ebook whether it is fixed or reflowable. Mostly, I used the reflowable since the size of the fonts is not changing. I like also the inclusion of the interactivity media such as audio, video, a simple interactive test and many more. All the functionalities of the ebook are very useful and essential for e learning. Also, I like the customization of the ebook which helps me to improve the design of my ebook in any devices.

Cons

The least like is the interactive test questions because its lack the equation editing when I want to include questions on Mathematics or even in some branches of Science that includes calculation such as Physics and Chemistry but I'm still hoping that in future updates of the Kotobee author, this inclusion of equation editing in questions may include in your future updates.

Kelly F.

My Review for Kotobee Author

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

As for my overall experience with Koobee Author, I've started using it last May 11, 2020 in our Webinar Training on the Use & Curation of Open Educational Resources (Proficiency Program) conducted or headed by the Department of Education EdTech Unit (Philippines). It was then that time that I've first use ad learned the topics like E-book Development and Mobile Application Development using Kotobee Author and Kotobee Reader as well. The benefits I have realized regarding this includes my ability to create personalized Ebooks which is very useful for educational/teaching and learning purposes especially during this time that we're still experiencing/facing the pandemic brought by Covid.

Pros

When it comes to this software, I like all of its features which includes the Branding, Interactive content, ability to export to any format, providing custom reading experience, import from external sources, LMS integration, safe with EPUB standard, advanced editing tools, smart preview and management hub for Kotobee Cloud, and Kotobee Library. But what I like most is its Interactive content feature. For me, it's the most impactful feature. Aside from that is that Kotobee Author is easy to use. It makes my creation of Ebook for my students very engaging as well as with the integration of our existing educational or teaching processes easy.

Cons

I think there's no feature/s that I like least about this software.

Philip A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Awesome in Responsiveness and formats conversion

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

It's super easy fun and much fun working with your software.

Pros

Working on a project that involves converting hard copies of textbooks and other books into interactive contents on mobile and I'm glad to say that it's your software that made this program possible.

I'm impressed with the conversion speed, the fact that the app supports responsive layout actually gave it lots of benefit and I also like the fact that the results can be previewed in order for us to see exactly how they'll look on all devices made us love your software the more.

You guys nailed it. Thumbs up. Keep the good work up.

Cons

The fact that the drag n drop feature does not support you comparing two or more pictures together.

At times we need to work on elementary books where pupils will be asked to merge two pictures portraying the same meaning together, but we couldn't work it out the way we wanted, we had to use another strategy.

James G.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

This is a game changer!

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

With Kotobee Author we can now produce digital content in any number of formats without having to be an expert in each format. This is a game changer!

Pros

Just imagine - one software that's as easy to learn and use as a word processing program, but can output in various kinds of digital formats. It makes becoming a digital document pro easy and fast!

Cons

There are still some bugs in the system, but Tech Support is fast to correct them.

Emerson G.
Industry: Education Management

Aneasy to use e-book creator and manager

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Pros

I like this software because it really gave us the opportunity to create our modules which will serve as learning materials to pur students.

Cons

Tis is a great spfteare for students and teachers.

Industry: E-Learning

Simple and lightweight authoring tool

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

good and like it, Let's increase the challenge to be able to promote Kotobee

Pros

a simple and lightweight authoring tool, besides that it's also easy to use because it's just like compiling, so it's just a matter of compiling a concept so that the scorm can be used for independent learning

Cons

maybe the price is reduced and there is an education package

Jim paul B.

Kotobee for Developing Interactive E-books

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

It's a trend-setter in developing interactive e-books. The features are user-friendly that even a newbie can easily navigate through the website will little supervision and will still be able to pull up a quality, engaging, and visually appealing instructional material.

Pros

I like how it makes developing an e-learning material doable, but in the most creative and efficient way. I love how the templates have already been pre-designed and the only thing a user shall do is mix and max the elements available.

Cons

I love the offline feature of Kotobee. Here in the Philippines, I'm planning to use it for distance learning since we're still in the pandemic. With or without access to internet, my learners can still use my Kotobee-designed e-book in studying lessons.

Mark anthony S.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

KotobeeRific

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

As an educator, I always wanted to look for an educational software that is user friendly. When I learned about Kotobee by browsing in YouTube, it really caught my attention because the functionalities and features are essentially helpful not only with educators but for learners. I am from the Philippines and connectivity is a big issue. With Kotobee, I can create an e-book with multimedia function that doesn't require internet connectivity as it can run fluidly. I can also customize the my e-book as the manner I wanted it to be presented to my learners. Adding other multimedia materials is also very easy because of its familiarity features. That is why I highly recommend Kotobee for educators like me who wanted to recreate an outstanding classroom environment that can run interactivity even if without the presence of internet connectivity.

Pros

You can easily attach multimedia files
User-friendly
You have an option to choose between a reflowable format or a fix format
Customization ready
For me, Kotobee is the greatest among the great e-book creation tools

Cons

None

Stu M.
Company size: Self Employed

Seniornet Upper Hutt Inc takes on Kotobee Author, for technology e-book publishing

Reviewed on 2019/11/27

We had a meeting, just two days before I found this gem in SharewareOnSale, free and it normally cost $159 (US dollars), about making videos - which may still happen, or this is the alternative and came to us at the right time.

Pros

Although it DOES have a lot that it CAN do, it takes you through, guides you around the more complex parts. Nice to get a fully "as if you paid for it" giveaway from SharewareOnSale the other day, we have been looking for something we can [a] make, even in the e-book format, EPUB-compatible of course, [b] hopefully sell (each downloaded copy of an e-book) to raise funds, on a per-download basis, [c] teaching people how to use software like Office 2019 from Microsoft and hopefully in a friendly interactive "ask questions" kind of way.

Cons

I have not had any prior experience with "composing" a book, including being a writer, LOL - titles and chapters etc, they are needed, but it can be a bit tricky with naming of each part.

Sandra S.
Industry: Research

Amazing software for training purposes

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

Pros

My business partner and I are in awe of Kotobee's support structure and their involvement in client care. The customer relations manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been such a delight.

Overall, I am very impressed. This software is amazing and I haven’t come across any other software that provide these features at such an affordable price.

I love the interactive features - the questions feature where you can add references are really incredible. We are creating books for education purposes and this feature allows us to gauge our students’ retention of information and helps to engage our clients on a different level.

Cons

The layout of your software is intuitive but there are some small issues that make it a bit less user friendly. First, you cannot see the book cover as part of the preview mode. It would be useful to upload the cover page in one space for it to be included in your final view.

Second, I like the fact that you can use Microsoft Office shortcuts to copy and paste and undo. It would be helpful to add a few more undo options.

Abdulwasiu B.

A Must Have Authoring Software!

Reviewed on 2017/04/16

Kotobee Author is no doubt my dreamed software. All of my authoring efforts now depends on this gorgeous baby. Whenever I am using this software, I always feel like having had access to Kotobee Author since 2011/2012. It is almost unbelievable that it is even free to create/export Webapps, Desktop apps, Kindle books, among others. This is not to even talk of some advanced functionalities that you may not be aware of until you start using this simple to use, excellent software.

What is even most outstanding about the company owning this invaluable software is there excellent support. I asked every little things from them and guess what, I got wonderful support in short period of time, and many a time, instantly. You can't but continuously seeing success ahead of you as a serious author when you start using Kotobee Author. I always wonder the great number of successful authors, who knows what they are doing and using this software as it should be used, that will be produced in the near feature! I pray God for long life and numerous success for the company/people behind Kotobee Author so that they could be able to serve humanity for long.

Response from Kotobee

Thank you for sharing your experience, Abdulwasiu. And many thanks for the overwhelming wishes and prayers. We firmly believe in our product and that's why our support team is so dedicated!

Meiby P.

The best to create interactive books

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

The best thing is that we can create interactive books without having to know about programming languages, thanks to its great intuitive interface. Its constant update is also one of its main features.

Pros

One of the best features is the ability to include test type questions and javascript elements to allow interactive books to be raised to another level. It also has a large number of export formats from pdf to scorm.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like, is that in its free version they removed the option to export with scorm to be able to try the virtual bao platform for learning books. But everything else is very complete to have the same application.

Abdulraouf L.
Industry: Medical Practice
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Pros

friendly interface and easy to use. we wanted to create a multimedia ebook and it does support all the elements we needed..... not expensive compared to others we explored. when we used it the free trail allows you to export your book. customer support are helpful and tentative.

Cons

nothing really, customer support were able to work with us and take our suggestions into consideration.

Matt D.
Industry: E-Learning

This is a fantastic, easy-to-use tool for producing ebooks and apps.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

Kotobee is always releasing new and highly useful functionality. Every time we see an update, it seems to include something great that we hadn't even thought of. So we regularly update our apps with new functionality, which keeps users coming back to our apps.

The functionality and scope of Kotobee Author is great, but something else that sets this company apart is its dedication to its customers. I never feel like I'm waiting to get a response to an email, and if I experience a problem, the Kotobee team find a solution straight away. They really are second to none.

Khaled A.
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great software for designing and publishing your book! it is a helpful tool for teaching & learning.

Reviewed on 2017/05/17

publishing my first book and teaching my students how to do so.

Pros

It is a user-friendly and easy to navigate interface. It has many helpful tools that author can use to enrich their product and multiple formats to publish the final version.

Cons

I found it a little bit annoying the frequent updates that I have to do almost every time I open the software.

Peter S.

Seamless and gorgeous product! BEST E-BOOK ON THE MARKET

Reviewed on 2017/05/05

Pros

The authoring tool made publishing our e-books really simple. We love all of the "export" formats and user controls. With the addition of Google Analytics to track user activity Im 100% converted.

Cons

I don't love the color purple. Thats really the ONLY thing I can think of. The Kotobee team was incredibly helpful when we had questions.

Ronnie H.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Wow...!!! Respect to Kotobee and to their support staff.

Reviewed on 2020/07/19

I must say that this is the best customer support I have ever experienced and I will be sure to mention it to my fellow teachers. I am blown away. Thank you Kotobee for restoring my coroded faith in software developers.

Pros

This is a wonderful product. I stumbled upon it by accident, and I am so glad that I did. I have often wondered how to use the widgets I have made with Book Widgets, and now I have my clear answer!!

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike, but there are some suggestions I would love them to consider.

Daniel T.
Industry: E-Learning

To make ebooks really interactive

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/04/18

As an Instructional Designer, I needed a powerful tool to create ebook for my elearning courses. Kotobe integrates all the features of other authoring tools and adds unique features such as options to configure our own styles (css) add questions, 3d objects, and all embed other code, which allows you to generate a really interactive ebook that Motivates and stimulates learning.

In addition, its different export options allow adapting the ebook to the format that the client or student needs, either online review or downloadable as EPUP. The software has everything you need to be one of the undisputed tools for Elearning developers.

Pros

Its intuitive design, since it can be used by someone with no experience, but it can also be customized as you wish if you know hml5 code and CSS. I also love their different types of formats for export and their preview.

Cons

I would like to have technical support in Spanish

Response from Kotobee

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Daniel. It's always a pleasure to hear back from our advanced users so we can learn how to further enhance our platform.

Mohamed E.

Make your book in get-it-done environment

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

I have used Kotobee in after requesting a trial. Firstly, I want to appreciate your efforts in designing it.
However, I have found the following points need to be improved:
1. the overall style of the software!
2. it sometime works slow!
3. I found it a bit hard and time-consuming to learn how to use it.
4.Google play doesn't support now giving new comers an account to upload books, so I think you need to develop an option to export the product into an app that acts as a book.
5. extend the free trial, please

Response from Kotobee

Thanks for your insights, Mohamed. We've released several new updates for our software, are you updated to the latest one?

If you're having trouble figuring out the ropes, you can always request a free live demo from the URL below. We provide demos in English and Arabic:

You can export ebooks in .apk format, this allows you to submit to Google Play.

Our free trial is valid for a life-time. Do you mean we should expand the options available in the trial?

Joel N.
Industry: Management Consulting

Kotobee Author a Tool for eBooks and Training

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/05/19

By using Kotobee Author I can deliver into several file types compared to competitors, that means engaging big group of customers.

Pros

Kotobee Author is feature rich, features I have been looking for long that I tried dozens of similar software, only to google Kotobee Author. Kotobee Author is well guided, and flexible to derive fabulous digital media. It combines images, voice and video media in the same work to maximize customer engagement. The free version is very rich as compared to competitors. I recommend to serious authors.

Cons

There is a room for improvement always, like import from MS Word, images and table of content are not imported, however it creates both in a very nice styles...

Stefanos E.

Kotobee Author review

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Has been a very productive and efficient experience to create my e-books and export them to any e-book or mobile app format.

Pros

The ability to export your e-book to any e-book widely supported format as well as to Windows and mobile apps.

Cons

The overall user interface could be improved to be more intuitive for first time users.

Norven B.

The Kotobe Author

Reviewed on 2020/05/23

Great!

Pros

It will give you a seamless experience in accomplishing your voluminous tasks in making modules, e-books, worksheets, quizzes, periodic exams that a mentor must do.

Cons

The one- time payment for the installation of an app.