Google Cloud

4,7 (1 808)
Modular platform for computing, hosting, storage & more

(1 808)

Robson Jean
Robson Jean

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

Pros

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments.
Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine.
Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

Cons

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

IBM Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Heroku is very expensive when you go to Production!

Heroku

Price and the currency
Andrew
Andrew
  • Industry: Research

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis.

I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid.

AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps.

They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly.

DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data.

AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

We chose Google Cloud over Amazon because it was more cost effective at the level of usage we were expecting.
Craig
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Robust Data Storage and Analytics

Reviewed on 2020/11/28

Google Cloud Platform has helped us solve our key business challenge of data centralization, scalability and analysis across multiple tools. Using GCP, we have been able to store millions of rows of data from multiple sources in one central database and create custom models on top of the data lake. One example: we were able to build Google Analytics data model which correlates clicks to cases in BigQuery, so we could correlate to post purchase transactional and customer data. If more support is provided by Google on building these kinds of custom models, GCP could drive higher ROI for large corporations.

Pros

Google Cloud Platform has enabled our IT team to store terabytes of marketing, financial and human resources data in relational databases. So, it can be easily accessed by analysts and developers who know SQL using tools such as BigQuery, Data Studio and AppSheet. GCP is easy to learn and is supported by extensive documentation available for free on Google sites such as cloud.google.com. Public datasets such as Bitcoin cryptocurrency can be analyzed and visualized easily using integration between BigQuery and Data Studio. Pre-built BigQuery machine learning models give analysts and data scientists a head start on predicting or forecasting future customer behavior, sales, etc. based on historical data. Connected Sheets allows analysis of millions of rows of data without knowing SQL, using Pivot charts and through seamless integration between BigQuery and Google Sheets.

Cons

Google Cloud Platform works great with Google products such as Google Drive, BigQuery and Data Studio. But is not that efficient when it comes to non-Google analyst tools such as Excel or Word. BigQuery interface is not very intuitive and involves multiple layers of access which causes confusion for administrators. Data Studio works fine for basic clickstream and transactional reporting but lacks statistical or scientific analytical capabilities. AppSheet plug-in for GCP can be used by developers to build apps using data but is costly for small businesses.

Lily
  • Industry: Warehousing
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Cloud review 2024

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

Pros

Google cloud is a very secure data protected system that we keep all of our information backed up onto

Cons

Backups can take a while sometimes but this is due to having lots of files so understandable

infant
infant
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

GCP Review

Reviewed on 2022/05/11

Overall migration experience is very bad , but new versions made it easier. Other than that GCP monitoring tool is not that much user friendly , the guys with limited knowledge about cloud are suffering to get metrics or monitoring details. For example : to check the GCP Bucket growth , it's not a direct thing to check. We need to query it to get the info.

Pros

Ease of use. I like the most as a admin when compared to other cloud providers the spec can be customizable & the new cpu type N2d which gives better performance with less price. Easy to deploy vm's.

Cons

Oh! The dislike which comes to my mind is the Migration tool. google's M4ce migration engine version 4 is very difficult to setup , such a complex setup. One good relief is M4ce version 5 which supports migration from vmware which setup is so simple & i have migrated workloads easily. But struggled a lot with version 4.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Obviously cost is the only factor.

AWS CloudFormation

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Compared to AWS , the price is lesser & have almost all required features & some are exceptional like AI/ML.
Eric R
Eric R
  • Industry: Research

Google Cloud Platform is getting better and better

Reviewed on 2022/02/08

I am a huge fan of Google Cloud Platform. I have been using their services for years now, and I am amazed at how easy it is to get started. They have great tutorials that walk you through the process, and they also have an excellent support team. They are always available to answer questions, and they are great at making sure you don't get stuck.While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google has done a good job of making their system more approachable through good tutorial videos.

Pros

GCP is a powerhouse platform with a lot of flexibility and strengths. Now that they've optimized the platform to make it more understandable for non-engineers, we're using it more often since it is easy to spin up whatever you need.

Cons

While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google had a slow start to be an approachable platform for the less tech-savvy. Even now, there are more options and switches than sometimes seem appropriate.

Microsoft Azure and MongoDB

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Google offered us credits and we ran out of AWS credits.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Free credits from Google, but the platform is really good now.
Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Manage multiple clud storage form one platform

Reviewed on 2021/06/05

Pros

I'm delighted to use Google Cloud at work to create my documentation most quickly and straightforwardly possible. This process doesn't depend on my Computers operating framework, so I can be assured that this information will be saved and not lost. It's straightforward and accessible to anybody. I believe it is ideal for group planning or business-related tasks. I also love the fact that anybody may make changes to the archive.

Cons

What I dislike the most about this software is that report are regularly lost by accident. Searching for some of my records may be incredibly difficult. It is usually challenging to use initially to persuade others to do so. I believe it took some time for me to become indeed known.

Max
Max

The Cloud Platform to build on for any startup.

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

I have worked at two startups now and both were started on EC2 and transitioning to GCP. The costs are almost 50% less at GCP than EC2 and the support at Google to get started is much greater than the massive AWS. The services and Vms are super easy to use and setup. And if your company is on Gsuite, then user management is great. Will always plan on deploying new programs and projects on GCP for foreseeable future.

Pros

Google Cloud Platform is very easy to get started with compared to other clouds. There is free training videos and courses. The costs are among the lowest of all cloud platforms.

Cons

At the beginning compute resources ran out in datacenters that you were already in and using. Also, sometimes features are depreciated or changed to paying for. There is a few months notice on those but still an inconvenience.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

GCP is almost half the cost of other cloud platforms and much simpler to use.
Nolan
Nolan
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

Pros

Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

Cons

Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

Jeanette
Jeanette

Google Cloud is hassle free and easy peasy!

Reviewed on 2022/07/21

Super easy and hassle free. I don't worry about losing my information and I don't worry about poor security.

Pros

Automatic backup. Secure log-in. I have the paid HIPAA version and enjoy peace of mind knowing my information and my client's information is safe.

Cons

I don't know of any features that are missing or not occurring. The Google Cloud is a great product.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

My external hard drive did not automatically back up my information. When I got hacked, I lost everything!

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

I didn't - I actually have both Dropbox and Google Cloud. I have Dropbox Business because I have to do some things in Microsoft and I don't want to have to upload them into the Google Cloud.
Brian
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Everyone should be using

Reviewed on 2023/04/07

Google cloud, google nest, google phone, google home.... do I need to say more. Things work great and are all integrated.

Pros

Been using Google Cloud for 5+ years, through many employers, and for all my personal needs. It has never failed, never glitched or had an issue. Love the program to the point I've made my current employer give "special access permissions" to work computer for Google drive so I can access things from phone as well.

Cons

Honestly don't have any cons. It works perfect, shares information perfectly, and connects all my data into one centralized system.

Cengiz Barkın
  • Industry: Computer Games

Google Cloud: An Unforgettable Experience

Reviewed on 2022/12/15

Overall, my experience with Google Cloud was excellent. The setup process was streamlined and the customer service was top-notch. My data was secure and I was able to manage my cloud environment without any issues.

Pros

Google Cloud provided an intuitive, user-friendly experience that made setting up and managing my cloud environment a breeze. The support team was knowledgeable and always available to help answer questions. The cloud platform was reliable and provided a secure environment for my data.

Cons

Google Cloud is not the most cost-effective option, as there are cheaper alternatives available. There were also some issues with the user interface being a bit clunky at times.

Cody
  • Industry: Warehousing

Google Cloud review

Reviewed on 2022/08/25

It's been a superb experience using the platform.

It's been a superb experience using the platform.

Pros

I like that it's a very smart,safe, secure, easy to use, and inexpensive software that my company uses daily.

Cons

Dont know of anything that I don't like about the software. I really like and appreciate it.

OneDrive and iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Needed a better and cheaper platform

OneDrive

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Cheaper, better quality, inexpensive, better user interface
Hardik
Hardik
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

most preferred cloud solution for ML, TensorFlow,etc.

Reviewed on 2021/06/28

Over all GCP is excellent platform, novice started should start only from here. would be very easy to learn and understand

Pros

almost all major features in GCP, are having lifetime free tier offering, with a monthly renewing capacity.
GCP offers almost all the features, needed in Cloud Solutions starting from some of the basics like, Storage, Compute, DB to Speech to text, neural network, erc.

Cons

Costing bifurcation is slightly complicated, but once understood, how to find proper bifurcation, the information is available easily to analyze spending of different solution.

Michelle
Michelle

Cloud Computing Solution for Web Hosting

Reviewed on 2019/10/28

True story - I somehow stumbled upon a YouTube video entitled "Free Wordpress Hosting on Google Cloud Platform!" So I watched it. Within an hour, I had my own cloud platform account open, had claimed my $300 credit (useful for playing around with paid services later), had claimed a free virtual machine space, reserved a static IP, and had installed Wordpress and was busy customizing the site. All that's left for me is to register a domain name and copy in DNS info, and set up an SSL. This was just as easy to use as any "web host" interface. The only cost I will incur for the first 12 months is that of registering the domain name. After that, my VM Wordpress will cost about $6 a month to host. I haven't seen anything else that beats this yet.

Pros

I was inspired to make a switch to the Google Cloud Platform as a hosting option for my website after seeing a YouTube video explaining how easy Google had made this process. I really liked the ease of the one-button installations and configurations. I also like the fact that I got a huge credit and 12 months to use it, to try out additional features aside from the main hosting that I originally planned to test. I also like the fact that Google de facto billing procedure at the end of their free trial is to pause your service, not ding your credit card. Finally, I was impressed with the list of Always Free services that Google makes available through this service. Also, my Wordpress runs faster on this platform than I have ever seen it run besides being locally hosted. Seriously impressive. Also, think about all that time you spend trying to get your web site's info INTO GOOGLE. Well, this way, they already have it because it's in their data center!

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to locate which segment of the main navigation in the management console I need to go to in order to accomplish certain tasks, but it's always something that can be easily looked up. There also doesn't immediately appear to be a phone option for support, which some users may expect from a web host - but this is Google. They aren't exactly a web host, they just give you a way to use their cloud computing engine to set up a web server. You can, however, pay for higher levels of support if you need them. Also, if I hadn't watched a YouTube video specifically explaining how to get the least expensive virtual machine setup, I wouldn't have known how to do it - if you're new to VM, you're going to want to either get some advice or educate yourself a little bit in advance.

Sharmin
  • Industry: Food Production

A comprehensive review

Reviewed on 2023/04/02

Overall, my experience with Google Cloud has been very positive. As someone who is happy with using Google Cloud, I appreciate the scalability, security, reliability, cost-effectiveness, and integration of the platform. While there may be a learning curve and some complexity involved, I believe that the benefits of using Google Cloud make it a worthwhile investment for businesses looking for a robust cloud computing solution.

Pros

Scalability: Google Cloud allows for scalability, which means you can easily expand your infrastructure as your business grows.Security: Google Cloud has built-in security measures, including encryption and identity management, to keep your data safe.Reliability: Google Cloud offers high availability and reliability, with a guaranteed uptime of 99.95%.Cost-effectiveness: Google Cloud offers competitive pricing, with pay-as-you-go options that allow you to only pay for what you use.Integration: Google Cloud integrates seamlessly with other Google services, including Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets.

Cons

Steep Learning Curve: Google Cloud has a steep learning curve, and it can take some time to get used to the platform and its various features.Complexity: Google Cloud is a complex platform that may require additional resources, such as training or additional personnel, to fully utilize.Support: Google Cloud support can be limited, and it may take some time to get assistance when needed.

Hillary
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The Google Cloud is Peace of Mind

Reviewed on 2022/05/09

Overall, I have had only good experiences with the cloud. I haven't noticed any glitches, crashes or problems with hackers. I feel that my data, workload and memories are all safe and secure and I feel that I have control over what happens to them. I would never switch to a different product - I love the cloud!

Pros

I really value the ease of use, peace of mind and organizational aspects of the cloud. First of all, it is incredibly easy to use and easy to teach others how to use. I have several volunteers that I work with and it isn't difficult for me to explain to them how to use the cloud. It saves me time that the product itself is accessible and understandable for people of all ages and skill level. Secondly, it provides peace of mind. When we store things on the cloud - whether they are documents, financial records, pictures, etc. we know they will always be there. We can access them from one device to another and if a device is broken or destroyed, we don't have to worry that everything on it was also destroyed. Lastly, I love how organized I can be with the cloud. Not only is it a simple design, but it's so customizable - I can organize things how I want within the cloud to make them easy to find later.

Cons

The only downfall to this product, which is hardly a downfall, is that the options for organization are sometimes overwhelming. I am glad to have so many options for organizing the cloud, but sometimes it's easy to forget about certain tools because there are so many. Other than that, I have no complaints!

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Run your workloads in infrastructure powered by Google

Reviewed on 2021/01/17

GCP holds our ~70% of internal applications which were sometime back sitting in our on-prem infrastructure. GCP has not only reduced our costs but also reduced our manual overhead to over 90% of things being done by Google (majorly maintenance) and the remaining part of overseeing the deployed applications and their updates/ upgrades by our team. Since the backend is majorly handled by Google, our team gets more time to work on the actual product and make it more and more efficient.

Pros

1. The services provided by Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are one in its class and are powered by negligible downtimes and are available across multiple locations, all over the world.
2. Kubernetes as a service is one of the latest and greatest features of GCP. It lets you run your clusters without the manual effort of managing the overhead infrastructure and even the Operating system of the nodes. It is all managed by Google itself including the security and responsibility in case of breach is help by Google itself. Therefore you can only think about you own product and forget about any maintenance that is required in the backend.
3. Pub/Sub is also one of an amazing feature of GCP. It is a Redis like messaging service which can be utilized by you applications for internal as well as external publications and subscriptions.

Cons

1. High internet bandwidth is required to utilize the platform smoothly and to have a smooth user experience. In case you have low Internet speed at your workplace, you will surely struggle with this platform.
2. UI elements at times tend to slip from the eyesight, either if they are too small to be seen or the color usage of those fonts are not correct. These small details shall not be overseen and shall be decided with deep thoughts and with actual user experience.

Athina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for big global corporations

Reviewed on 2023/04/12

Pros

I really like that Google Cloud gives to me and my team a full suite of services for data management, from storage to reporting and analytics. The platform is cost competitive in comparison to other similar resources, and allows us to manage our very complex data efficiently. There are frequent updates and new features, ensuring that we always have access to the latest technology while maintaining a high level of security, automated backups and data storage.

Cons

Customer support is the biggest issue for us since any time we were in need, responses were so slow! Even on very urgent matters, things were not expedited enough.

Easier to use
Mohamed
Mohamed

It helps

Reviewed on 2022/05/25

Some services are great while some featuers needs more upgrades

Some services are great while some featuers needs more upgrades

Pros

It is very easy to deploy / Manage certain services through GCP Console.

Cons

The support needs some time to get into and reply before they start fixing things up, you need to take regular backups and keep up your service maintenance in scheduled bases to keep your data and software up & running.

Amazon EC2

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Exploring more options and service providers

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Price matters in an on-demand workflow.
Atharva

Best Cloud Provider with Great Future

Reviewed on 2022/09/09

I am very happy that I got to start my career with GCP. It's just works. The features like Bigquery, Bigtable, Cloud Spanner, GKE, Autopilot are industry leading. And it shows in how GCP is capturing the market.

Pros

The Artificial Intelligence and Data Engineering SAAS offerings of GCP are best in the market. Bigquery makes analysis of billing of multiple projects very easy. It's Autopilot and Standard Kubernetes offering are just amazing. UI and Console are very easy to use and makes starting on GCP great. Security Command Centre is great. Even the free tier.

Cons

I would love some proper documentation like Azure. But other than that GCP is the best option for all size companies

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Cheaper alternatives than the competition.
Jhon Jaiver
Jhon Jaiver

The best internet cloud and you must use it

Reviewed on 2022/08/31

Very good, it has a wide variety of images that can be displayed in seconds with just a few clicks, connect everything in an intuitive and simple way, a wide variety of information to be able to carry out correct and functional deployments

Pros

It's like a Swiss army knife, it has everything you need in one place just a few clicks of the mouse away, the experience of the platform is very easy to use for those who are just starting out or those who are already an expert.

Cons

I don't like your payment system, the way you invoice should have multiple options such as the use of a debit card or prepaid credit subscriptions for the use of virtual machines, just having credit cards keeps many from spending more

Bed
  • Industry: Design

Essential too l for my business. I can't imagine my company growth without GCP

Reviewed on 2022/05/15

Google Cloud Platform is a comprehensive and powerful cloud computing platform that is used by companies and individuals around the world for all types of applications and services. The service is suitable for businesses of all sizes, from startups to established enterprises. It has powerful cloud storage and database features, as well as a powerful suite of networking and security services. Google Cloud Platform also has a broad variety of cloud AI features that are used by companies for computer vision and natural language processing.

Pros

The Google Cloud Platform is an essential tool for any business that works with storage and data, with an excellent combination of products and services for any business. The GCP has many benefits, such as the ability to handle almost any type of workload, whether it's for a small business or a large corporation. It also offers a wide range of customization options that are only limited by the imagination of the user.

Cons

The Google Cloud Platform is a powerful platform that allows us to build and scale our applications, store and process data for our customers and more. The best part about the GCP is that it is designed to scale and grow with our business.

Georg C.
Georg C.

Best in Class for VPN Compute Engines

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Our goal with the GCP was that we needed a server to be accessible from anywhere, and decided instead of purchasing a physical server, we would put our server in the cloud. It worked well, and we utilized it as our SQL server for our data from our stores. Very high speeds from Google, so there was little to no delay on data traffic.

Pros

We utilized the Google Cloud Platform primarily for a VM running Win Server 2012. What we liked best with GCP, was that it worked. We tried several other platforms, but were unable to get them to work with our onsite hardware. GCP was the first platform which allowed us to establish a 3-way VPN tunnel to multiple physical locations, with the firewalls we had installed. Combine this with easy data backup tools and various other features, it made for a easy solution for our needs.

Cons

The GUI/website control panel area is relatively limited, and to really maximize your use of GCP you need to understand the Console commands and how to use the console to setup your servers and manage your settings. This requires some more advanced knowledge and training beyond a consumer user. Access to any type of support is locked behind significant paywall.

• Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Host applications with ease over the most efficient cloud platform - Google Cloud Platform

Reviewed on 2021/01/10

We have our internal as well as client applications deployed on multi-cloud architecture, and I have personally worked over all the available cloud platforms. We also have built our own cloud architecture for internal purposes. However, by far Google Cloud Platform services are by far one of the best services available in the market. Reliance, cost and performance, all collectively considered, GCP would never disappoint any serious user and who actually wants to ease to deploy and channelize effectiveness to all its customers.

Pros

1. Amazing online community and support documents are available.
2. Supports the complete VM model and micro-services such as managed Kubernetes infrastructure as well.
3. Sole-tenant models are also available - In case you have confidential data to be hosted on applications and cannot take any chance to share your cloud infrastructure with other customers, you can have a dedicated infrastructure, all for you organisations use.
4. Complete on-prem systems can be migrated to Google Cloud Platform with help of engineers from Google.
5. Cost-effective and pay when used model, which helps organisations save funds.
6. Software Development Kit available for Google Cloud Platform, which can be used widely for any service and all via a command-line interface.

Cons

1. Very granular features are available on the platform which allows users to create custom solutions, but can become a little challenging to set up initially due to a large feature set available.
2. The platform heavily rely on the Internet, therefore stable network with large bandwidth is required so as to run the platform consistently.