Splunk Enterprise Reviews

Splunk Enterprise

Write a Review!
Machine data management and analytics

4.3/5
4.5/5
4.1/5
4.3/5

Idaly
Idaly
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Powerful SIEM system that meets our expectations.

Reviewed on 2023/02/01

We are using Splunk Enterprise for log correlation, the analytics are accurate and it catches errors right away which improves our internal capabilities, it is a special service that collects data from different data sources very accurately to catch future issues, the reports are detailed and understandable. It has features that streamline manual work, improve our security and our protection in our IT infrastructure.

Pros

I really like the platform, the data collection is ideal and the reports are detailed, it is the most appropriate SIEM service to monitor our IT infrastructure, it is an ideal software to take preventive measures, it is easy to customize the dashboards, the monitoring is constant and it gives us security in real time, the alerts are accurate and it helps us understand what is happening and fix it before it becomes serious.

Cons

It is a somewhat expensive service but with more powerful features than other free SIEM systems, and it is a bit complex to set up and use for inexperienced users, so a lot of help should be sought from experienced staff and support team at first.

Avinash
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Splunk - Onestop Log Management & Forensics

Reviewed on 2021/04/17

Overall i like the product but as the user base grows the logs grows too. This busts the limits of the licensing.
We need to keep on doing housekeeping to ensure that our license limits is not crossed.

Pros

The ablitity to configure and tweak the use cases. Building Intelligence into forensics. The AI feature is gud but needs more enhancements.

Cons

The log management needs to be efficient , If the auditing logs is enabled then a huge influx of logs are pumed into splunk but no meaningful meaning can be derived.

FortiClient and Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to Splunk Enterprise

Splunk is a one whole package with features like AI & Forensics and also keeps you updated with the latest and newest threats..
Nav
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Currently using this diagnostic tool for log analysis

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Overall a decent product.

Overall a decent product.

Pros

- Ability to search logs across processes and services
- Ability to develop dashboards to Monitor critical metrics
- Ability to set up alerts based on threshold values

Cons

- Need to regex well in order to use the tool to its full ability
- Ability to extract values out of the log statements could be simpler
- Alerts usually end up being over alerting or false alerts.

kartik

Best Siem solution in market.

Reviewed on 2022/10/04

Overall experience is amazing, we are happy with this software as it can ingest any form of data and generate alerts quite swiftly.

Pros

Easy to install agents on servers, it can parse any form of data easily, Splunk can detect anomalies quite easily and the UBEA feature is amazing.

Cons

The cost of this solution is high, and customer service is bad. Apart from that Splunk SPL language is difficult to learn.

ArcSight

Reasons for Switching to Splunk Enterprise

Cause its to implement as compared to other siems.
Ariev

Aneeded for the industry on the basic to the best role.

Reviewed on 2022/08/21

It's a great tool and used for many years to come.

It's a great tool and used for many years to come.

Pros

Real time use. The ingestion of data and more.

Cons

Nothing yet.. maybe performance at times.

IBM Security QRadar

Reasons for Switching to Splunk Enterprise

Better for the industry and real time use. More expensive.
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

nice tool with functionality for everyone

Reviewed on 2024/02/12

very good tool to see your logging and get alerts when something is wrong.

very good tool to see your logging and get alerts when something is wrong.

Pros

Splunk is easy to use, also non technical persons can also use and create their dashboards. Easy to implement and very easy to use the query language, the documentation is also sufficient

Cons

We cannot setup the alerts for realtime. we only us it for logging and not for metrics. the maintenance of the dashboards are very time offering.

Surabhi
Surabhi

One of the best monitoring solutions for different platform.

Reviewed on 2022/11/29

Pros

Best tracking and data analysis tool which help to monitor and manage the server and system component in very effective way. Real time Visualization helps to take the quick decision so that desired action can be taken to avoid failure.Best data collection in the forms of log and which helps to define the best set of automation jobs to fix the issue.

Cons

There are few components or observation like,1. most of the time observes the slowness in the performance.2. Sometime observe the delay in the issue or updated log reflection on the portal. 3. Need more storage to manage and maintain the lo g which impact organizational costing and budget.

Mark
Mark
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent logging and troubleshooting tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

As a software quality assurance engineer, I love that I can setup a single dashboard where I can then view the same data from any lane I select from a dropdown. If I see a problem in the Test lane, I can quickly check all of the other lanes for the same issue by simply changing the dropdown value.

Pros

Splunk can give you extreme insights into how your systems and software are functioning. Not only is the search very flexible and powerful, the customizable dashboards give a status report at a glance into trends, problems and performance. You can also set up email alerts when errors occur limiting the need to have Splunk opened on your machine all the time.

Cons

Splunk has a learning curve. They have extensive documentation but it isn't intuitive and some features are buried pretty deep. We have an onsite expert who holds bimonthly meetings to answer questions in a group forum.

really true nice monitoring tool if its nice implemented

Reviewed on 2023/10/20

For me it is a very good experience. It is necessary to develop a good implementation of IT INC Management

Pros

It helped me enormously in my job as IT INC Management including detailed reports and alerting any necessary information.

Cons

It has a somewhat complex paring curve and there are no simple tutorials or parallel design of tutorials for new managers

• Industry: Banking

Splunk for Enterprise

Reviewed on 2023/11/11

A very helpful product that can improve your way to do business intelligence and forecasting.

Pros

Data visualization is very clear and easy to use.

Cons

The possible to share with many people data and dashboards.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

An excellent SIEM at a low cost

Reviewed on 2023/02/01

We have many programs that measure the performance and quality of the operation, of the production in chevron, I think it is important that they give extra barriers to what we do and splunk is an optimal collaborator so that we can track all these programs and not get intrusions through the network.

Pros

It is a very subtle program, when generating the setup it is not necessary to have a great knowledge of programming to install it, but to solve some configuration errors, when you start what I like the most is that you start from day one to organize your applications, then From that you can easily configure cybersecurity for each program, I particularly like the monitoring of data programs and that the program alerts you with notifications so that you see errors that sometimes jumps in the program.

Cons

What I don't like and I see that it is something widespread is that it has very poor support in technical help, I think that the old technical support collaborators have left and people who are not so qualified have arrived to answer the tickets.For my part it is not a big problem since I am a researcher and with the information that is on the splunk website it is enough for me to generate the resolutions of problems.

devaun

Query your log statements for your production apps in REAL TIME to triage and monitor...

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

XRAY vision on your production instances. Every day we code our applications so that we will be splunk friendly with our app log statements. For example "featureX=value" allows you to query for every customer that engaged with featureX.

Pros

Splunk allows us to see exactly what is going on in production! I work on commerce for a fortune 100 company, and we use Splunk to monitor our apps in real time. Splunk gives you the ability to perform queries like you would with SQL against your log statements in real time. You will learn that you can place strategic log statements in your code that allows you to identify situations in production and be proactive at solving them. For example, you can log your customer's session cookie ID, and track any given customer's activity on your website via your app logs. It gives you dials and charting capabilities to monitor even the slightest drops in customer activities due to flaws in code or slowing network calls.

Cons

PRICE. The software is so powerful, and they seem to leverage this in the pricing of the licenses.

Best friend for debugging

Reviewed on 2022/10/13

Splunk basically makes debugging and monitoring easier and touch less. I can easily debug by starring the rolling logs from different instances in single screen.
I can monitor multiple components and multiple metrics, without running commands manually with custom plugins.

Pros

Splunk comes with lot of in-built templates for each and every feature like log visualisation, dashboarding, traces,etc This makes the developers life lot easier. I can't think of any other logging tool that is snappy as well as accurate.
I love the fact how easily I can plug it in my docker-compose to push container logs.

Cons

Even though, it offers numerous features for different needs, each feature has its own learning curve. For instance log visualisation needs querying skills, which may be in natural language but it takes bit of time to get familiar.

David
David
  • Industry: Entertainment

Offers more than you think

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

We've used the software to detect layer 7 attacks, unearth issues we didn't realize were happening and gives us end to end insight into our stack.

Pros

The system is highly intuitive to use. It is faster than other solutions I've used on the market and has a huge library of 3rd party plugins to get more from the system. It is easy to create scheduled searches, dashboards, reports etc. but there are a number of additional plugins (at an extra cost) to help with security, single pane of glass and metric collection.

Cons

It offers challenges for a decentralized working model. Where Splunk is centrally managed, it is easy to ensure that best practices are maintained. Where the system is opened up for an entire department to utilize and on-board their logs, it becomes more difficult. However, with some creative thinking and good process, this issue can be overcome.

Frank
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Doing setup redundant servers without Splunk

Reviewed on 2020/12/20

Saved my a$$ many times. In a multi-server environment, if you don't have Splunk or something like it, it will be a nightmare to try and coordinate the various log files involved.

Pros

Several of our applications are distributed across multiple systems. It is the same software running on each server but doing the same job for different users. Each server would generate its own log files. When things went wrong, we used Splunk to be able to see what was going on on each server. Click a few buttons and you get two logs from two different servers listed together coordinated by time. But that leads you to discover that the issue came from a separate upstream or downstream server, then bring in those logs too . . . all coordinated by time. Don't get me wrong, the IT guys love these tools for their own enterprise reasons, but as a server stack developer, this was a resource I used OFTEN.

Cons

I never fully grokked their SQL like language. I could do basic things daily without issue. However, I often had to hit the documentation to do anything more than a simple "find this" query.

mitchelle
mitchelle
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

The best tool for log collection and analysis.

Reviewed on 2022/09/11

Splunk enterprise has improved our IT security through collection of logs. It centralizes large amounts of log data and efficiently manages it. We use it for analyzing the collected logs and report on metrics found from the logs.

Pros

Through its robust log analysis and ability to collect data from different sources, we can easily perform analysis on various data and predict any future operational hazards. Splunk enterprise efficiently monitors our log activities and and gives results to any queries at faster speed than most SIEM tools.

Cons

The searches can be complex at times and the messages on query errors aren't always specific.

Alex
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2022/02/15

Pros

It is an easy to use solution, the implementation is a bit more difficult.

Cons

So far, this is a good solution that I use every day.

IBM Security QRadar

Number 1 SIEM

Reviewed on 2022/09/18

I was very happy with splunk and I suggest it to everyone

I was very happy with splunk and I suggest it to everyone

Pros

I think Splunk is first and best software in the field, easy to use, does what it had promised,

Cons

pricing could be better, they could be more flexible, support is a bit slow

A tool that every sys admin needs to have

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Pros

I'm not sure from where to start in this case.

We use splunk for many things but mostly to analyze the traffic on the network / firewalls. It provides us with a nice overview of what's going on. It makes it very easy to spot spikes on the network and it will provide you also with deep analyzes.

For us it's an indispensable tool, probably the best tool we have.

Cons

To search for something is not always easy, however there are a lot of forums online, so finding help is not that difficult.

• Industry: Automotive

Splunk is a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2023/01/07

It’s been wonderful. I was able to take most of my forwarded lambdas and charts them to watch duration and throughput. Notifications and alerts let me know if things are out of whack. Such a relief to know Splunk is watching my back!

Pros

If you need real-time grokking into your infrastructure, look no further than Splunk. I love love love the dashboards. It’s easy to tell a story with your data, and the live search is so FAST!

Cons

SPL is a little hard to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not so bad. I recommend downloading their community edition for some great examples of queries and dashboards.

Biswajit

This is the tool every devops should have expertise on!

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Made life easier for all SRE/DevOps oncall.

Made life easier for all SRE/DevOps oncall.

Pros

First of all you don't need to login to your servers. Just configure splunk forwarder on all of your server and have peace of mind. During outages you dont have to panic and just rely on Splunk and be sure that you will have your root cause visible in splunk.

Cons

Kernel huge page issues, Search head clustering, Index clusetering. These features are as good as costly too. For SHC and IC it does need all same config hosts.

yuval
  • Industry: Banking

Best SIEM out there.

Reviewed on 2024/01/08

Pros

I used a lot of SIEMs in my career,
Splunk is the best one out there.
Comfortable, Easy to use, Great big data platform.

Cons

Easy to use, versatile, A lot of options, dashboards

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2020/07/25

I have worked with dozens of companies to implement Splunk. My experiences have bee overwhelming positive.

Pros

When you need to store, correlate, and search large amounts of data, especially System Log data, there is no tool that even comes close to Splunk. It's power and flexibility is amazing.

Cons

Very expensive. Difficult to implement until all moving parts are understood. Steep learning curve for beginners.

Parth
Parth
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Monitoring Tool Splunk

Reviewed on 2021/12/04

With Splunk anything identified with the application backend logs and observing, it's extremely suitable to utilize, in light of which we can make different dashboards. For server Monitoring, Splunk logs are not exceptionally accommodating. It totally depends on log explanations, assuming articulation isn't organized in standard organization, and it gives mistaken outcomes.

Pros

Splunk Light is ideal for independent on-premise organization.
Augment endpoint logging.
Can find and store logs from a wide range of resources.
Customization of dashboards.
Making applications dependent on your requirements.

Cons

Complex generally design.
Long execution time.
The instrument needs to incorporate AI to comprehend the framework logs and alarming ought to be founded on the auto learning.

shaik
shaik

One of the best place to check large amount of the logs information.Every companies best tool.

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

make our business life easy

make our business life easy

Pros

The best thing about this software is i love its UI part and its dashboard where it provides the logs of all the enterprise application every business which has large amount of the transactions being held are required to maintain this tool and its logging and search frequency are very much loved and dash board has very colourful UI and easily understandable

Cons

There is no least about this software but we are looking for some more enhanced featured like optimisation and all