AVG Internet Security Business Edition Reviews

AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Write a Review!
Cybersecurity platform for small and midsize businesses

4.3/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.2/5

Dan
Dan

AVG Internet Security Review

Reviewed on 2022/12/24

One good experience I can describe with AVG Internet Security Business Edition is the effective protection it provides against threats. The software includes multiple layers of protection, including real-time antivirus, firewall, and web protection, to keep devices and networks safe from cyber attacks. It also includes features such as email and web protection to prevent employees from accessing malicious websites or downloading infected files.

Pros

AVG Internet Security Business Edition is a security software suite designed to protect businesses and their data from online threats such as viruses, malware, and ransomware. Some of the key features of AVG Internet Security Business Edition include: Advanced antivirus protection: AVG Internet Security Business Edition uses advanced technologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence to detect and block viruses, malware, and other online threats. Email protection: The software includes email protection to help prevent the spread of malware and other threats through email attachments and links. Network protection: AVG Internet Security Business Edition includes a firewall to protect your business's network from external threats, as well as a network scanner to identify and fix vulnerabilities. Web protection: The software includes a web shield to protect against malicious websites and a link scanner to check links for safety before you click on them. File protection: AVG Internet Security Business Edition includes file protection to help prevent the loss of important data due to ransomware attacks. Remote management: The software includes remote management capabilities, allowing you to manage and monitor the security of your business's devices from a central location. Compatibility: AVG Internet Security Business Edition is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.

Cons

There are a few potential disadvantages to using AVG Internet Security Business Edition: Cost: Depending on the number of devices you need to protect, the cost of a business-grade internet security solution like AVG Internet Security Business Edition can be quite high. Complexity: Business-grade internet security solutions tend to be more complex than consumer-grade solutions, which can make them difficult to set up and manage. Performance impact: Some users have reported that internet security software like AVG can have a negative impact on their device's performance, particularly on older or less powerful devices. False positives: Internet security software can sometimes flag legitimate files or websites as threats, which can be frustrating for users. Limited coverage: AVG Internet Security Business Edition is primarily designed to protect against malware and other threats that are transmitted over the internet. It may not offer protection against other types of threats, such as physical device theft or damage.It's important to carefully consider the pros and cons of any internet security solution before deciding whether it's the right fit for your business.

Kenny
  • Used for 2+ years

AVG SECURITY

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Well, Duh! We have to keep the hackers out of our business. Especially the ransomware guys, they are notorious.

Pros

The price can't be beat. It kept viruses and bad actors away from my computers very well. In this day and age, they are everywhere.

Cons

The scan feature was not thorough enough. I needed it to scan all my files, not just some of them. .

Just don't

Reviewed on 2020/11/22

I don't recommend using AVG at all nowadays. Use what you get with Windows and stay away from the bad parts of the internet.

Pros

A long time ago, AVG used to be a decent free anti-virus. You could install it and hope that it might catch any viruses or trojan horses before they wreak havoc on your computer.

Cons

However, since then, it's become a piece of software that's making your computer crawl, they've added a browser "toolbar" that tracks what you do online and essentially crossed over to the dark side.

Lubabalo

Expiriencing the business version

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

It just works, no need to baby seat the product. It leads the way makes your life easy.

Pros

It has all the necessary features for a complete solution. With this AVG product I can rest at ease browsing on my PC on any network.

Cons

I have not noticed any. I am still exploring.

JMo
JMo
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Quality Without the cost

Reviewed on 2021/02/26

I made the switch from a competitor because the competitor was getting too expensive. A month after I switched, the competitor I switched from hacked my bank account information and stole my new debit card information to renew the subscription I had previously canceled. Once the competitors stole my banking information there was no going back and I stuck with aVG

Pros

Relatively simple to use, very user-friendly in fact, free antivirus software with no noticeable gaps in coverage and the ability to subscribe to premium features inexpensively. Plus it’s not owned by those crooks at Norton.

Cons

There is an annual push to try to convince you to upgrade and buy a premium subscription for less frequently used features and the repair of less common software errors.

Avast Ultimate Business Security

Reasons for Choosing AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Cost benefit analysis

Cost benefit analysis
Bishal
Bishal

Best (free) antivirus

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

I was really very satisfied with this product. Initially, I used the free version which was satisfactory, but later I switched to Full protection, which totally changed my experienced and I'm in love with AVG. Better protection to your device without losing your device's speed, what else do we need?

Pros

AVG has a free version which is very good if you want to try using it. Its installation is also very easy and user-friendly. If you are satisfied, you can move to full security which has the best all-around protection for all your devices. The best thing about AVG which I really love is, it has low memory use so it doesn't slow down your computer/device while scanning.

Cons

AVG's free version enables only basic protection which is very common. Settings are a little more complicated. Sometimes it detects the .exe file as a virus which creates problems in installation.

Lisa
Lisa

AVG Internet Security Business Edition is not terribly reliable

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

We tried to use the product so that all of our workstations would have a standardized antivirus that was updated and could not be bypassed. It worked correctly when I installed it originally, but gradually stopped working over the years, and finally, allowed a catastrophic virus to be executed on a system and spread throughout our network.

Pros

I could make sure that all workstations had the latest updates fairly easily in the Admin Console, as well as install it on a new workstation from there sometimes. It did a reasonably good job of preventing viruses, although the cost of that protection was pretty high in system resources, administrative time, and money.

Cons

It let an encryption ransomware .exe file run on a protected workstation which did a tremendous amount of damage before I realized it was there. I had a cloud backup from which I was able to restore everything, but it took days to get the encrypted backups removed (it was on "continuous" backup, so as the virus changed files, they were backed up) and the good data restored. Also, as OS software was updated over the years we used it, I had to repeatedly change network and firewall settings to allow the Admin Console to see all the workstations and to push software. In the end, I believe there were still two machines that could not be reached through the Admin Console, even though I followed the instructions posted on the AVG website.

The safest ciber security

Reviewed on 2024/01/09

Great it's a great investment for all the money we make with computers.

Great it's a great investment for all the money we make with computers.

Pros

Keeps my valuable information safe and wprry free and doest not slow my computer down.

Cons

If the numbers of devices to use with this could increase maybe that would be great.

Brandy
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reliable go to 4 protection

Reviewed on 2024/01/05

Pros

It's easy 2 use w great protection n a variety of areas such as virus protection, email safety spyware, malware, Trojans & more over all ur computers. It has auto scan, fix pc, clean pc w up 2 date virus protection n firewalls. Security tool belt w pc scrubbing is awesome it does a really deep clean of all ur junk

Cons

It's a lil more expensive than others & does seem 2 freeze n crash when u fix pc

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Best Security Software

Reviewed on 2023/10/29

Pros

AVG Internet Security Business Edition provides powerful antivirus protection that can detect and remove a wide range of malware, viruses, and other online threats.

Cons

The cost of licensing AVG Internet Security Business Edition can be a significant factor for small businesses, particularly when protecting multiple devices.

Joseph
Joseph
  • Industry: Media Production

A good solution for internet security

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

I like that I know AVG internet security is running in the background keeping me safe from virus' and other malicious attacks.

Pros

I have been using AVG for some time now - it is simple to use and makes me feel secure while I am using my computer. I like that it warns you when you download something from a site that might not be safe.

Cons

Sometimes the popups are a bit annoying, though I believe you can turn these off in the settings. Cost is also a bit high.

Avast Ultimate Business Security
Christopher
  • Industry: Research

Versatility

Reviewed on 2021/02/24

We are constantly on potentially open networks,wifi,data when uploading from the field, I am confident that we are protected

Pros

Versatile, a key item for all our mobile devices. Essential in keeping our mobile equipment safe and secure. Easy install, setup and operation

Cons

No real cons, have not had any negative issues. Free version works well but upgraded version is better with no ads

Price and historical experience
Eugene

AVG IS TOP!

Reviewed on 2021/04/29

I like it because it gets the job done. It will segregate the viruses and explain them, which is a very helpful feature, so you can look up the history and data of the little demon - or sometimes see what programmers have put in their software that potentially can hurt your business.

Pros

Excellent product and easy to use, well trusted, and gets the job done. You will be very happy with it.

Cons

It can slow down the computer and get in the way until you get used to it. So you have to play with the schedules and time them when you're not doing heavy processing work.

Josiah
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Great, but not the best

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

Overall AVG is a good choice, but would not be my preferred solution. I did have a good experience with their customer support team though.

Pros

AVG Business Edition comes in at a good price compared to some other antivirus business solutions. It also performs very well and protects again most malware.

Cons

The business edition did not have as many features as some other business solutions we tried such as Avast

Jeffrey
  • Industry: Banking

Wonderful

Reviewed on 2021/03/13

Wonderful experience used on my personal laptop on a daily basis

Wonderful experience used on my personal laptop on a daily basis

Pros

I've been using this software for years and in all honesty prefer it to the expensive versions such as McAfee

Cons

You really can't go wrong with this software switch for McAfee and I'm very happy would recommend to anyone

Manoj
  • Industry: Automotive

EASY TO USE , competitive pricing

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

Network security and phishing

Network security and phishing

Pros

Very user friendly and good features with latest updates

Cons

Lacking of cloud edge and ability to receive instant uorates

Reasons for Switching to AVG Internet Security Business Edition

Pricing and ease of installation
scott

great tool for peace of mind - and free for individuals

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

I have used both the free and corporate versions of the software, and the fact that my company has never had a major issue with viruses is enough for me to recommend it.

Pros

Obviously, the fact that it is free for personal use is a big plus. But it is my go-to (in tandem with Malwarebytes) to clean up any infected computer. It's never failed me to this point.

Cons

This is probably a little nitpicky, since they are a for-profit company, but they tend to oversell the upgrades if you use the free version. Not to say that they aren't worthwhile, but if you only want to be able to scan your machine for viruses periodically it can get to be a bit much.

AVG is a great option for those looking for a free anti-virus software

Reviewed on 2020/12/27

AVG Internet Security is also a great option as it can help with advice on dodgy websites, webcam intrusions and even firewall help. It can also show you if you are being tracked. All helpful solutions.

Pros

AVG has to be one of the best anti-virus software products out there. I have been using it for a long time now and it has always helped in finding the odd virus or malicious malware. It also regularly updates its virus database.

Cons

Not many. The only thing is that you have to manually scan for viruses. As long as you do this regularly you will have no problems.

Danish
Danish

Best Antivirus Solutions for All of your devices

Reviewed on 2022/05/31

I am a business owner so there are a lot of files I download on my PC from different clients and other sources, which is risky for my PC and other devices I use. And this problem was solved by AVG which protected my PC and I didn't have to worry about any threat.

Pros

Avg Internet Security Business Edition has performed great for me. It is very responsive to any threats on my PC. I loved the functionality where we can manage all of our devices status using a single device. It was very helpful for me. Links scanning and Active Scan is also worth mentioning.

Cons

There was not much to complain about but sometimes I feel like it slows my system down but it's not much especially when you are getting protection from threats on your PC.

Muhammad Rehan

Best Security Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

overall i will Recommend the AVG internet security it will protect your computer from hackers and spam sites and emails.

Pros

Protection for online security threats. Filter Spam Emails and block access to unknown websites which can harm your computer or can access to your private information.

Cons

some time we want to access some government websites or banking websites to log in from chrome browser but the the software block the access through chrome and then we need to use internet explorer to open that website.

Richard

Avg a must for all businesses

Reviewed on 2023/01/04

Great service, great software. Haven't had to use support ever. So can only say does the job well.

Pros

Simple to install with 24/7 protection for all incoming emails and browsing on all office workstations

Cons

To date I have had no problems with AVG Internet Security Business Edition since setting up on all office workstations.

David
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A great product for the rest of us

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

I have used AVG for many years on my personal computers. I don't have tons of money to use on computer security and AVG works great.

Pros

It's easy to use and configure. This has been consistently easy to use and has helped to protect my computer for years. Why pa for an expensive product when one that is cheaper like AVG just works?

Cons

I haven't found any real downsides with this software once you consider the cost. This is a lower cost product that works well.

West
  • Industry: Hospitality

AVG helps us on a daily basis

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Overall, we love AVG and will continue to use the product.

Overall, we love AVG and will continue to use the product.

Pros

We love the fact that AVG doesn't use a lot of system resources. That means that our computers are not running slow due to background processes. We have used AVG for years now and hardly ever have a problem with virusus.

Cons

The thing I'm least pleased about is the way that the company is constantly trying to get us to sign up for other products. Its constant.

Anuththara
Anuththara
  • Industry: Research

Secure your internet access with AVG Internet Security

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

My overall experience with AVG internet security is great.

My overall experience with AVG internet security is great.

Pros

AVG Internet security is a very reliable and fast acting software. The best thing about AVG is it's free version. There are other versions available also. And the interface is also very simple and easy to handle. I would like to recommend the software to anyone. It is really great and very useful !!

Cons

Honestly there are no any cons to be mentioned about this software. The only thing that I have encountered is, it's free version only provides basic protection which sometimes may be disadvantageous.

• Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Awesome and Free

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Overall, AVG helps keep me and my household safe from viruses for free, so it is definitely worth it.

Pros

I love having a free and efficient anti-virus software to use at home. I have it on my phone and all of my households devices.

Cons

I dislike how this software will constantly pop up ads for purchasing more from this company. I don't want any additional features, and spamming me with them daily will not sway me to purchase.