DanceStudio-Pro Reviews

DanceStudio-Pro

Cloud-based dance studio management software.

omar
omar
  • Industry: Higher Education

Efficient platform for dance academy management!

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

DanceStudio-Pro is a very complete and robust tool, available in its web version and a mobile application, it stands out from other programs available in the market thanks to its functionality and that it is easy to use, it improved notably my efficiency as a dance teacher since it allowed me to establish a better organization of my classes and students, the experience that I obtained since I began to use it has been wonderful and it has allowed me to increase my portfolio of clients

Pros

It offers the possibility to efficiently manage your dance classes, customers, attendance records or automation of that billing process, online registration, scheduling, however at the personal level the feature that I use most and the one I like best in this program is the management of recitals, which together with the mobile application of the program allows me to manage my business in a simple and efficient way, so I devote more effort and concentration to the man hours used in the realization of the dance classes that in the administrative part , which I find great additionally has a very intuitive interface so it does not require learning curve. Another aspect to highlight is its price, it is very affordable so it can be used from small businesses or personal ventures to large dance academies.

Cons

One limitation is that its mobile application is only available for iOs operating systems (iPad, iPhone and iPod.), I would like an update to expand its compatibility with the Android system.

Ginger

Great, flexible program

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

It’s been great, and the frequent updates show that customer feedback is heard.

It’s been great, and the frequent updates show that customer feedback is heard.

Pros

Having different tiers of users and ability for teachers to access needed information

Cons

Limited flexibility for user permissions for admin staff.

Mindbody and Akada

Reasons for Choosing DanceStudio-Pro

Frustrated with payment processor, integration with other systems and ability to customize

The Studio Director

Reasons for Switching to DanceStudio-Pro

It was the most modern system with cleanest interface
Patrick
  • Industry: Higher Education

Greedy company

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Sorry company doesn’t care about their customers.

Sorry company doesn’t care about their customers.

Pros

Used to be price now that has been taken away.

Cons

They have just raised the prices which is about the only thing that made their program good. They try to push their customers to make choices that only benefit them and not the customer for example limiting merchant processors that are available. Also they just planned a price hike doubling some of our monthly fee to them.

Jackrabbit Dance and Mindbody

Price
Emma

Stage left review

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

Pros

The ability to tie multiple elements into one software amazing customer service

Cons

That you have to post tuition manually every month.

Reasons for Choosing DanceStudio-Pro

I was looking for a system with online payments and I was having troubles with my previous system

The Studio Director

Genesa
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Awesome

Love love this software compared to others

Love love this software compared to others

Pros

The convenience of the software from parent portal, to tickets to emailing. Especially love the new webinars.

Cons

Nothing, it’s great. I learn something new each time

What DSP offered

CompuDance

Pricing
Jessica

Great software

Great experience using this software

Great experience using this software

Pros

The class management is easy to use for our staff

Cons

The registration agreement can’t be opted out from

Class Manager

Expense

Already used before
Trina

Uptown Dance

It’s been fabulous!

It’s been fabulous!

Pros

It makes bookkeeping very easy! Customers get invoices and up to date balances and or late fees applied to their account.

Cons

Sometimes there are many different features and things can get a little confusing. Their help is great to help with those questions.

Price
Danielle
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Life changing!

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

Pros

The software makes it easy to have everything in one spot. I love the reports feature where we can run different reports and review statistics, numbers, and more.

Cons

If you don’t use credit cards, the payment screens can be confusing because the online payment icons are visa logos and the text often says pay with credit card even if you have personally disables credit card feature.

Anthony

My experience with DSP

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Pros

Dance Studio does a everything and save me a lot of time. I like that we can suggest some update or integrations and they will listen and take them into considerations

Cons

The fact that they don't have a phone number for customer support was an issue at 1st, I quickly realized that they were very responsive with email and they send our some videos tutorial that are really helpful

Rosa
  • Industry: Sports

Everything in One

Reviewed on 2022/10/09

Pros

I love that this software is everything in one! One software for everything

Cons

More in depth on a follow up system and understanding the private lesson tab

Jodi

Couldn't survive without it!

Reviewed on 2016/04/14

Setting up our Dance Studio Pro account was the best decision EVER! I was hesitant about taking on another monthly bill but it is SO worth it! There are a few features that are extra fees, but they are also well worth it! It has completely changed the way we do business. I love it AND even better, our dance families love it!

CUSTOMER SERVICE:
I love that I can email any question or issue and count on a response within 24 hours! They are always very helpful and willing to hear my issues or suggestions.....or even to guide me to something that should have been a "no brainer" without ever being rude or condescending. They are also quick to add features to the program to make it easier every day. I make it a point to check the "what's new" area on a weekly basis because they are always working to update, simplify and add items.

PROS:
- The Robo-mailer, Robo-text and Robo-dial are amazing! I can't even count the number of hours and amount of stress that these features have saved me! Communication with my dancers has become so much easier! Class cancelled at the last minute, no problem!
The billing area is great as well. It sends out reminders for me, tracks everything and sorts in many different ways for ease of use.
- There are so many customizable reports, that almost everything I need is at my fingertips.
- This program is pretty much a one-stop shop! Tracking everything from tuition, to costume sizes, communication, dancer data, parent portals, payments, inventory class schedules, class plans, music, events.......... There truly is a new function every day that I learn to use.

CONS:
- I do wish there was a way to track purchases of costumes/inventory and/or make notes about suppliers etc.
- Although there is a FAQ section, and customer service is amazing, I do feel like there is a LOT there the program will do that I just haven't found yet or thought of looking for yet.

So really, no complaints! It is WELL worth the monthly fee and will save anyone TONS of time and stress! I would highly recommend!

Denise

Amazing

Reviewed on 2022/08/05

Pros

DanceStudio-Pro has helped streamline everything for the studio. From online registration, monthly payments, attendance, costuming and recital planning, we do it all through this system.

Cons

We separate our classes up my grade level. We would love the option to add the students grade level into their registration information but then for that information to automatically update, much like their age does. We currently have that information in our “Additional Data” but we manually have to update the information each year.

Brendan

DO NOT TRUST

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Pros

basic functionality around class management, cool feature to allow you to run an info-tv screen in the studio, responsive (email only) service

Cons

This company waited to sign everybody up for the 2019-2020 dance year and then tripled their prices. Do not trust them or give you their money. They are run by a private equity fund extracting all profits and the expense of value and service. They also refuse to speak over the phone. There are better alternatives elsewhere.

Tanys
  • Industry: Fine Art

Great app, awful customer service

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

My parents love it . Easy to use and love the organization.

Cons

Customer service is AWFUL. I've been charged for over a year now for the Apple and Google app and never got the service. Been arguing with them back and forth for about 9 months now and they promise to refund that I never received. I wish there was a number I could call so that I could resolve this issue with a person.

Lucille

Great product

Reviewed on 2022/07/26

Have had great experience working with DSP. Customer Service and tech support are amazing.

Pros

Love the user friendly options. Easy to train staff. Great help and how to section. Love the Costume section and Recital Wizard.

Cons

Leads and Prospects has great information, but limited in follow through. Great place to hold the data gathered.

January
  • Industry: Design

Difficult for parents to navigate and pay.

Reviewed on 2022/12/22

Pros

Roll, some of the reports are really nice. But parents can not easily set up auto pay! So none of the reports or dashboards mean much if you can’t get paid.the most important element of a software system is to make collecting money as easy as pressing a button. This is not. They need to fix this if they want to keep their current subscribers.

Cons

Collecting tuitionAnd way too many reportsReports are not named or categorized in a way to keep up with. Too much selection and the one reports you do need are buried.

Ginny

Love this software

Reviewed on 2022/07/24

It’s awesome and does everything I need it to do to run my studio!

It’s awesome and does everything I need it to do to run my studio!

Pros

Easy to use and support is awesome. Navigation is wonderful.

Cons

Attendance does not do everything I’d like to do with it.

Kimberly

The best out there.

Reviewed on 2016/02/05

I checked into many studio management programs and used two prior to DanceStudio-Pro. It is far better than any I have used or looked at, more affordable, and has the best customer service I have found. One program tried to charge me to fix issues that I found in their system. One said that they couldn't make their system work to meet my needs, one said that they could customize it, but it would cost me a couple hundred dollars. With DSP, when I've run into things that didn't quite work with my method of doing things, they have been great about helping me find a way to make it work. DSP accommodates my tiered multi-class discounts in a way that no other program did.

The customer support at DSP is second to none. They respond quickly and have answers. They have gone above and beyond what I even expected to help me understand the intricacies of the program and to make it work for me.

I am thrilled not to have to spend the hours I have spent in previous years recording income, generating spreadsheets and being frustrated because I am a dance instructor, not an accountant. I love the freedom DSP has given me from that, the way the program is customizable, and their patience with me when I don't understand something or make a mistake. I especially appreciate that if I do make an error or run into an issue, they help me find the solution to it. I really can't speak highly enough about DSP and their support! The other "bigger names" really can't hold a candle to DSP, in my opinion!

Elena

Great Value

Reviewed on 2022/08/07

Pros

The software is so effective and has lots of features it is a great value for the cost. It had been so great for making my administration easy and smooth.

Cons

Would love more reporting and payroll functionality

Rachel

Thank you!

See above. Very happy!

See above. Very happy!

Pros

We love the ease of the system! Easy to register and communicate all our policies! It’s always expanding and growing!

Cons

NA. Very happy with program. Takes a bit to learn but worth it.

Rachel

Great support

Reviewed on 2022/07/27

Great

Great

Pros

We have two locations and this is a great company. They are quick to answer any questions

Cons

The parent portal dance accounts are confusing and hard for people to read

Sarah

Allows me to run most of the aspects of my business easily

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Pros

They have an auto dialer that tells clients when classes need to be rescheduled if at all which I find really great. It saves a ton of time when there's inclement weather. Very easy to track and process tuition. You can also use it on many interfaces.

Cons

No real complaints here- I suppose it would be nice if they had a non-monthly subscription option but it has done all I've needed it to and saved me money.

Felecia
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

User Reveiw

Reviewed on 2022/08/05

Pros

I really love having the option to able to use the app and not have to always log in through an internet browser.

Cons

I think the app should be able to do everything you can do on the website.

Tabitha

Love studio pro

It’s helps me run my business daily

It’s helps me run my business daily

Pros

The ease of it! And how functional it is

Cons

Needs some more features and easier way to register students online

Taylor

Love Dance Studio Pro

Reviewed on 2022/07/24

Pros

The best part of this program is the convenience. The whole studio can run off this oke program.

Cons

The least favorite thing about the software is the trials are unspecific.