Automox

Cloud-based platform for patch management

4,7
4,9
4,5
4,8
4,8
Corey D.

Possibilities are endless - Not just an update platform

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

It's been a delight working with the software and the Automox team themselves. They're a great bunch that truly understands the needs of their customers.

Solid A+

Pros

Windows Updates were our only priority when finding a solution, but once I realized the potential of what they had on their roadmap... I was hooked. Windows Updates/Software Patch Management/Custom policies/Reporting/Live dashboard.... It is a hefty tool that I plan to take advantage of as long as possible.

They're always improving and adding features, and they take customer feedback very seriously. I've seen features fixed/updated or even features I've suggested on their roadmap within a week of discussing.

Cons

Originally, dashboard performance was hit/miss. It has improved a lot since then, and they're still working on further improving performance.

Response from Automox

Thank you so much for the feedback, Corey! We appreciate the grade on our work and are excited to hear your experience has been excellent! We are constantly improving performance and are glad to see you noticed as well as the features we add. We're excited for the future and to work more with happy users like yourself.

John K.

Great patching solution

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Automox has been great in terms of support, billing, new features, etc.

Pros

It is web-based and easy to use. Login, review or kick-off a patching cycle and that's that!

Cons

Hmmm, that is a tough one. I think all patching software has problems getting all of the patching done so there still is some manual intervention, but a small percentage.

Response from Automox

Thanks for the great review, John!

Danny R.

Awesome product

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Automox is the first patch management software I've used that I can trust to get the job done without babysitting. That said I did take 4 months of babysitting to prove to myself that I can finally relax, a little, and not worry about the job getting done.

Pros

Fast, Reliable, easy to configure and very easy to use.

Cons

The only issue I've seen so far, not really a problem just an annoyance, is when you sort by "Group Membership" it sorts the pages separately instead of truly sorting by the column. Like I said, just annoying.

Response from Automox

Hi Danny! Thank you for your awesome feedback. We hear on you on your frustrations with around group membership sorting have it on our roadmap to solve! Glad to hear you like our product and it's very easy to use!

Gary D.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Timely patching, and save time!

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Pros

It reduces the amount of manual work I have to do on users machines to ensure they are patched and up to date. I can easily identify when critical patches come in and inform users what's happening, creating that great user experience.

Cons

The notifications have been slightly problematic for us as users do not know what is updating (on the basic patching licence). Office has sometimes just shut down in the middle of a user doing work. This could be addressed in the full version by creating custom policies for certain high-touch products/software packages.

Reboot notifications could do with being more obvious to the user, who is highly likely to simply click it and not pay attention, though this is not direct failing on Automox's part. A small change in wording may help change the impact ("Install now" vs "Install and reboot")

Response from Automox

Great feedback, Gary! Thank you! We're happy we could save you time and keep your machines patched and up to date. As for your thoughts on the notifications, we agree and appreciate your input here. We have notifications on our roadmap and look forward to hearing more from users like yourself down the road.

Josh W.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Automox is the perfect tool for our patching & inventory needs!

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Security for our PCs, Macs, and Windows-based servers.

Our accounting department likes that I can pull up specific information about users & computers.

Pros

Ease of use & outstanding graphics for representing the data - those are the 2 things that stand out the most.

This software gives us peace of mind knowing that our remote company-owned devices are being patched. The developers are doing a great job of keeping up with the latest security threats. I love having current threat info easily accessible within the Automox dashboard.

Their tech support is excellent.

Cons

I would like to see more attention given to the 3rd party software deployment policy so the steps involved in creating the policy make the deployment even easier. More compatibility and guidance.

Isaac P.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Overall it's a great software patching software

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

Easy to navigate and use. Also has the ability to provide easy to read reports to present to higher ups to show them that patching your software is important and Automox was worth the purchase.

Cons

It lacks logging capabilities right now. For example if someones machine fails to update, or reboots when it should not have, there's not really a good log view in Automox to identify the root cause of the issue.

Response from Automox

Isaac, well stated and thank you for your review! We love the idea of logging and root cause self service for our users. It's on our roadmap!

Great piece of software

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Overall, the product has been really easy to use and the support team has been great as well.

Pros

Really easy to use, its a great alternative to Active Directory with a bunch of group policies for smaller organizations.

Also useful on servers, to have a central view of updates and how critical they are.

Cons

Some of the documentation was a bit lacking, especially around custom policies to install specific software packages.

Response from Automox

Thank you for the feedback! We're happy to hear your experience with our product and support team have been great. We agree that documentation could be improved and are actively working on it!

Industry: Computer Software

Fast and straightforward

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Pros

Very straightforward to setup and you can be up and running very quickly.
Windows and Mac supported.
Custom patching, so you can keep virtually any software up to date.

Cons

Custom patching is a little tricky but the examples given are pretty good.
The format of the reports is a bit naff. Could really do with making clearer and a bit more attractive. Would be good to be able to select multiple teams the include in a single report too.

Response from Automox

Thanks for the input around reporting, we agree it could use some energy and we have it on our roadmap!

Industry: Financial Services

Did not work correctly.

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Could not get this to work effectively even on just two windows servers, contacted support and got an initial response but nothing more.

Looks nice and would be a good solution if it worked, it just seems unfinished and flaky.

I suspect you need to enable a firewall rule for 3rd party updates to work ( suspect the same for Linux) .

Pros

Looks nice, works fine with Linux ( as long as firewall is set up)
fairly simple setup.

Cons

Did not pick up that our 2008 test machine had not patched in 2 years.
Did not show all the "Supported" 3rd party software.
No Logs.
Did not have any info on updates not applying.
Policies did not seem to apply correctly.
Still requires WSUS( or risk using online windows updates which kill bandwidth)
No Linux Onsite Cache

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Mike M.

Automox

Reviewed on 2020/05/03

Outstanding. Product has done exactly what is advertised (patch management) at a fair price. Support has also been great for the few times I had needed to reach out. They stayed on top of the ticket until it was resolved.

Pros

As a very small department with hundreds of computers with various software packages installed, I needed a way to top-down see the patch cadence. Automox was quick to deploy and quick to start getting results that I could take action on.

Cons

The core patch anagement features are great, but since there's an agent there may be some additional capability that could be added: Send message to user, shutdown computer, uninstall software, etc.

Response from Automox

Thanks for the review Mike! We do actually have the ability to do the things you listed in the Cons section using the Worklets feature. Check out the Worklets category on our community where we have Worklets to send messages, shut down computers and remove unwanted software. If you need help getting a Worklet written to accomplish a task, please reach out to us and we're happy to help.

Courtney K.
Industry: Government Relations

Tickets will go unanswered

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2021/01/11

The tool was great at first but when we tried to patch devices we kept having errors. The help desk takes weeks to respond and they can't seem to get issues resolved. There's too much back and forth and issues not getting fixed.

Pros

The dashboard is nice and allows a user to see what devices need to be patched.

Cons

The Help desk is hard to get in touch with. The help desk takes a long time to respond to issues. They need to manage a better help desk. Tickets go unresolved for weeks or months and devices can't be patched.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Manoj M.
Industry: Information Services

Simple software that continues to get better

Reviewed on 2018/09/23

The software is simple and rollout is seamless, the console ensures we know whats going on for updates on our inhouse and cloud servers, this relieves a lot of manual work which we used to do on the boxs to keep them upto speed with windows updates.

Pros

Constant upgrades, good service and clear communication.

Cons

Lack of formal inventory planning, they are getting there but I dont think its a priority yet, however at the print point automox is a great value.

George T.

Great product. Easy to use and deploy. Phenomenal Customer Service.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Automated patch management for my end-users. Peace of mind for my team and I knowing that we do not need to manual patch systems.

Pros

Organization deployment is quick and painless. Current UI is lightyears ahead of the previous version which makes navigation easy and logical.

Cons

Small UI quirks here and there. Scheduling is not as exact as I would like. All of which is on their road map.

Jeff T.
Industry: Government Administration

Automox Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

Like everything...easy to use, deploy and budget friendly. GREAT customer service!

Cons

Nothing so far :) I've enjoyed using it and hove referred others who were looking for a solid patching solution.

Response from Automox

Thanks for the referrals, Jeff! We're always glad to hear your experience with our Support team is excellent.

Michael B.

Great cloud based Patch Management solution for local and remote user devices.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

I run an IT department that has multiple US and International locations, patch and update management is always a chore across multiple OS platforms.
AutoMox solves this issue for us and gives us great reporting for security, compliance and support needs.

AutoMox has also helped us greatly with new MAC OS X deployments and software compatibility issues that require updates.

Ease of use. Very easy to get up and running in minutes.

I am very grateful for the stability and lack of bugs within the system.

Cons

Lack of SSO, SAML and MFA adoption. With this application having the ability to touch all systems from your company that are added, a better security model for account access is required. A login password only does not cut it these days.

3rd party software list needs growth.

Norman D.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Automox WSUS

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Ease of use , reporting on the spot patch updates and management

Pros

This software really automates a function that can be very task oriented.

Cons

Automox not only automates Microsoft patches but other software and helps keep a very good track of my inventory

Response from Automox

Thank you, Norman. We are happy to hear your experience is going very well!

David K.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Could be waaaaay better

Reviewed on 2019/06/08

Pros

It's easy to setup. Relatively affordable to other options. The UI is great! But that might be it's downfall as well..

Cons

I wish there was an ability to get more optional info on the Dashboard. The ability to do mass actions is very hidden and not straight forward. Also, I dislike that fact that I have to create a policy to make mass computers perform an action. There is no "select and execute" feature.

Response from Automox

Thank you for the feedback, David!

Yash S.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Awesome tool!!!

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Pros

Just one click and patching for updates is done.

Cons

so far so good and nothing to dislike about it.

Response from Automox

Thank you for your feedback, Yash! It's great to hear your experience is going very well!

Abhilash R.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Perfect for mixed environments

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

I wish I had signed up for Automox earlier. It has reduced my department's overhead regarding maintaining updates quite a bit.

Pros

Where to start --
> Easy deployment
> Can be used as a basic inventory management system
> Integrates with Crowdstrike Falcon
> Windows computers no longer need to be in the network to receive updates from the server
> Can be used to replace Jamf for Macs since this handles Mac updates as well
> Other than OS updates, Automox updates many apps like Adobe, Zoom, Webex as well
> Excellent admin interface and dashboard

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but I would like a note/remark option under each computer so that I can add notes or encryption keys

David T.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Cloud based patch management ideal for multi-site and remote users

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

I have seen a big improvement in patching remote systems and laptops over the last two years. The cost involved with Automox is offset by the time that would have been wasted on WSUS and the non-profit discount is a great help.

Pros

The software is simple to deploy and requires little attention once installed, but ensures excellent endpoint visibility. If you consider patching to have the same importance as endpoint security, you need a tool like this to see the patch status of your endpoints and servers.

Cons

You need to remember to delete retired endpoints from the console.

Response from Automox

Well stated, David! Thanks for your input and we agree the retired endpoints reminder is a great idea. We will add that to some other discussions around our roadmap.

Daniel G.
Industry: Museums & Institutions
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simple and Stable Patching Solution

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Great, zero complaints. Support has been excelent, the one time I needed to contact them (which was due to my lack on knowledge rather than an actual issue.)

Pros

Easy UI to Learn, Easy to setup Patching Policies, Easy Install Process, Fast and Knowledgeable Support, Fast UI Load Times.

Cons

Possibly too simple for companies that want more hands-on control with patching.

Response from Automox

Thank you for the great feedback, Daniel! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience and see the value of the hands-off approach. As for more hands-on control, we have some features on our roadmap to address this!

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Automox - SaaS Patch Management for IT teams

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Due the fact that we have globally multiple locations and are workforce is also remote, Automox solve many issues which we had before to keep our computers up to date and patch against the latest security threats. We had tried few products and none of them was so simple to use, deploy and get to business ion very short period of time for our IT team.

Pros

Simplicity of deployment, not requirement of long training to get use to it, cross support for Windows/Max and Linux. Ability to patch system that are remote and not physically in the office.

Cons

In beginning there were not many features and no SSO support -- this has been quickly added into the product in very short period of time.

Response from Automox

Thanks for noticing our new features, we appreciate it! We have more coming, stay tuned!

Industry: Education Management

Best in market OS agnostic cloud native patch/vulnerability remediation solution.

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Fully solved our need for patching/vulnerability management. Full stop.

Pros

Automox's laser focus on patching/vulnerability remediation makes beats multifunction competitors who try to do too much and fail in multiple areas. If you're looking for patching stop and try Automox now.

Cons

Reporting has made huge improvements in the last year but still has room for improvement. They're also adding 3rd party software but currently don't have wide coverage.

Darrell Q.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy cloud management for updates and patches for OS and software

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Gives us an overview of computer updates and problem computers

Pros

Easy to deploy with group policy and has an easy to read dashboard that makes it simple to spot problem computers. Supports multiple organizations without having to use different logins

Cons

Takes time to learn the new interface after major updates, does not have an obvious alert when you run out of endpoint licences

Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

Windows has been horrible this year with their patches, automox has been wonderful.

Pros

Ease of set up, dashboard is simple and shows what I want to see.

Cons

Problems with Windows updates, there is more manual restarts than I care for.

Response from Automox

We are happy to hear you had an easy setup and can get the information you need efficiently! Yes, Windows updates can be challenging but know that we are working diligently to optimize how our system manages those updates.