STX Cloud

Cloud-based salon, spa & fitness management software

4,2
3,7
3,6
4,3
4,3
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Boosted our Salon's revenue

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Pros

This program has some incredible functionality and is so easy to use! The reservation side is so easy to use. We have ability to click and drag appointments, we can also open an appointment builder window to search a span of time and find the ideal placement. There is a feature that shows you whether the placement of an appointment is going to be best for the stylist. Great reporting systems and easy to understand! Goal setting and goal dashboard are super helpful for stylists to see where they are at.

Cons

Some of the reports can be very difficult to read. There is a texting functionality but it has limited capabilities.

Amanda K.
Industry: Hospitality

Perfect for busy salons

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

The customer service is top notch! The support staff is beyond patient and will help to solve any issue or confusions you may have. I never have to wait long for help or answers.

Cons

Permissions and security measures can make some tasks a little more time consuming.

Frank P.

We've used STX since 1990

Reviewed on 2017/09/02

Pros

We've used STX since 1989 or 1990 so I have a great understanding of the software and the company. The software looks great, it's easy to use and the few features that it includes, work great.

Cons

Attention: 25+ years using STX/SalonTranscripts)

If you use STX, your data can NOT be converted easily to another software platform using automation, you'd have to hand enter almost, if not, everything-depending on whom you'd switch to

After several conversations w STX, they have many "reasons" why they haven't updated the functionality of the software and give no timeline as to when. IMHO this is a slick looking dinosaur. Below are just a few reasons for my opinion

Reports: The reports are cumbersome with multiple data on a single report with no way to choose individual data points to get the information you need and it's lacking in metric flexibility (you get what they think you need), retention report is useless, no reports to track up sells/down sells, no time off tracking...

Marketing: Automated client marketing is light (5 or 6 different types of emails) lacks customization (you get what THEY think you need with few options) No automatic remind guests that their products likely need replenishing. No two way texting. No mobile/custom branded app for customers and we have to be on our guests mobile device to stay competitive. Difficult to send out test marketing emails, you have to set up a filter to send one to yourself to see how they look. STX mobile app has few features, lacks functionality when compared to what other salon software companies offer...

There isn't space to write everything that this program lacks. Call me if you'd like to know more

Malorie L.
Industry: Medical Practice

Definitely has it's ups and downs

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Okay so we have had our reasons for trust issues and just feeling like we were another number with this company. However, I was reached out to and for the first time since all of this occurred, I actually felt like we were cared about by this company and asked to stay and give the demonstration another try. I am going to have a second demo with STX Cloud and work with them on the things I am way more familiar with now and hopefully move forward with possibly them, and see where the outcome goes from here. They have excellent customer service as far as how they treat you. My issue with the service was the question of why we were not asked appropriate questions to make sure we were always on the right plan that fit our needs, and checked on. However, after getting that off of my chest with someone who cared enough to reach out after placing my review, they made me feel better about trusting them again. Excited for the future! Will review the Cloud version later on!

Pros

We are currently on this version of STX (desktop) and were not happy for some very valid reasons but after knowing this someone has so kindly reached out to us and things are looking up from here. I will say this desktop version is easy to use and great for being "old school" but we are looking forward to moving up to the new web based software. What we have liked about this version the most is being desktop and not worrying about it being web based. I don't know why that has scared me but it just has. I have done a lot of research moving forward about the new Cloud software and surprisingly I am looking forward to taking ahold of that software and pressing on.

Cons

The lack of evolving with the newer features that are out there. How slow it is verses (I am positive) how much faster the cloud will be! And the lack of trust from our first set of issues, but that is resolved now! Thankful for a team that will fight for their customers!

Kerry K.

Frustrating

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

Have been using STX for over 10 years. Overall a very good salon software program. Good reports. Booking is easy. Inventory management is also good.

Cons

To buy a gift card on our website that then goes through STX, clients have to register via an ugly archaic registration page and then wait for a return email mail from STX, then go back to our website to then purchase a gift card or instant certificate. We have lost numerous potential gift card sales because clients cannot buy a gift card without registering all their information first before the purchasing. This initial registration process has stopped people from going any further in the buying process. I've called numerous times over the years to ask STX to change the process so that customers can register at the end of the online gift card sale not BEFORE. When buying anything online these day, the first thing you often see before you purchase anything is an option to 'check out' as a guest or register. Surely, this is a simple fix.

David W.

The Best, trust me I've been burt..

Reviewed on 2015/01/30

We opened our commission salon 6 years ago, for the first 1-2 years we tried every software and nothing was better than what we were using, Quick Books and the computers Calendar. As we grew it became apparent we needed a software program. Because we were a Paul Mitchell Focus salon we bought into Millennium, and for the next three years it was a living hell. The biggest business mistake we've ever made. I never saw so many pop up windows, error messages, computer lock-ups in my life, and we had the best PC's available running Millennium .
About 4-5 months ago we bit the bullet spent lots of money on real computers "MAC" four total and STX program. The money we had to spend to switch to STX I believe we already have gotten back just because of no pop-up windows, no error messages or tech support wait times. STX tech support knows what their doing unlike most of Millennium tech's, if we have to get on the phone with STX support its for about one third the time we had to spend with Millennium support.
Our staff gets their job done faster and customers are happier because they don't have to wait for computer errors to clear. STX is one of the best things we did to improve our business, we are a very busy salon with no time to waste booking appointments. Just the fact that two computers can have the same client open, one checking them out and the other booking is a huge plus for us. Millennium would only allow one computer to view a client, so we always had to wait. Our receptionists get their job done in a third less time with no hassles, they never bitch anymore about error messages. Besides all the bells and whistles all software companies have, we actually sell more product with STX because we can have a customer opened up in multiple computers at the same time, theres no waiting for anything. STX is the best thing you'll ever do for your salon or spa so stop waiting and wondering.
Feel free to come and test drive STX at our Salons in Arizona David Gerard Salon in Goodyear and David Gerard Salon & Gentlemen's Parlor in Avondale

Response from STX Software

Thank you so very much for the great review David!

Sandra H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Our long relationship with STX

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

We have been with STX since 1993! I didn't know much at all about computers, but I knew I needed to automate the salon. The tech support has always been amazing (I spent long phone calls with Brenda!) I have never had any glitchy software or viruses. It has always been super easy to teach new staff members. Love my STX! I am never tempted to change software!

Pros

Consistency, good support, ease of use

Cons

I would like some additional report options and some of the benefits of Beacon without loosing what I love about STX

Stephanie G.

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

What I really like most about the STX software is that the calendar is very simple to read and color coordinated for all appointments. It makes it very easy to navigate through the booking system to find an appointment or future availability. The transaction list for employees is also very helpful as it gives you a breakdown of service prices, add ons like products or tips, and it monitors the cash drawer amount. This makes things very easy to work with on a regular basis. The mobile site is also a great perk and very helpful.

Cons

Besides the occasional technology issues there really isn't something I like least about the software.

Gina B.

STX is easy to use for the most inexperienced t the most experienced!

Reviewed on 2017/05/13

Pros

Ease of use and visually easy to see. I like the totals report for balancing st the end of the day. I also love the feature of being able to send an email confirmation at any time. I like the customizing features also

Cons

Running specific reports are sometimes tricky. Also, cash in/out to balance is a bit confusing as well

Industry: Entertainment

Lost its step, avoid at all costs

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

Used to be the only salon on platform available on a mac (and it was good! ...emphasis on past tense). Cloud based platforms make the same possible, and the shortcomings of this product surpassed the value.

Cons

Has evolved almost none over the past half decade. Corners you into a POS that is awful, yet provides little to no support. Lacks basic options for progressive features, and overall client communication is abysmal. Every new release for mac OS causes catastrophic failures that are very slow to be fixed.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Francesco G.
Industry: Retail

Stx review

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

The system is user friendly. Comes with a lot of features.

Cons

The software seems to be falling behind. A lot of different salon softwares seem to be more advanced. We do not want to fall behind.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Marissa B.
Industry: Cosmetics

A terrible experience for our new business

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

Pros

we thought is was best suited for our industry

Cons

We tried this product for the first few months of our business being open. We had nothing but issues and a huge lack of support on their end to help us solve the problem. Clients were being sent the wrong appintment dates and showing up with no one to take care of them. Our prices and info kept changing so we had to constantly go back in and fix it. It was nothing but issues and costed us so much money which we could not afford as a small business. Finally the President of the company called us to apologize because there seemed to be a 'glitch' in just our program. We lost clients and money over this and were hoping to get some of our money back. We didnt and now are stuck in contracts with their partner companies that will end up costing us thousands over the next couple year. Very disappointing that STX would not reach out to help cover some of the costs their company brought on us.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Lu A.

Glitchy and not easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

Everything has too many steps. The click and drag feature on the app and computer was too sensitive, now almost impossible to use on both. If you have to cancel appointment, you have to go to a different screen, If you have to reschedule appointment you cant change the date easily. Its hard to see a week view on your phone. To sign in they ask you to verify every time. They have to find away to simplify on the app, like Millennium.

Pros

Week view

Cons

On the app click on the client option doesnt have good features, needs to be simpler to move, cancel, modify and book multiple services

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Pam W.

Love STX!

Reviewed on 2015/01/06

I have had STX for 5 months after using a competitor for many years. I love the online booking we now have on our website & Facebook, as well as the stylist being able to book from their mobile devices wherever they are. Tracking & goals are great and customer service in sales & technical support are great too. When I can't figure something out, I just let them in the computer remotely and they show me! I am grateful & looking forward to many years together. The monthly charge is worth it!

Response from STX Software

Thank you very much for the Kudos Pam!

Tina A.

Great software!

Reviewed on 2015/01/13

We started with STX 13 years ago when we opened our salon. The software is a fantastic tool that we could not run our business without! The business reports, client marketing and guest booking and transactions are features that are priceless. STX is constantly growing and improving their product and if I ever have a question or problem they are they to help promptly.

Matteo G.

There for me when I goofed

Reviewed on 2015/01/06

STX support Deserves 10 stars! My main computer crashed (literally), I ran to the Apple store, grabbed a new iMac, the support guy over there at STX had my back up ready to get my new Macbook up and going and i was ready for open next day!

Response from STX Software

Thank you Matteo, we pride ourselves on providing first class customer support!

Nadine T.

Great software!

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I've been using STX beacon for over a year now. The cloud version was new when I signed on and had improved so much over the last year. Raul was our customer service rep and he was always very helpful. Definitely easy to use, several features and options- worth the cost!

Adrienne R.
Industry: Hospitality

stx

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/08/31

Pros

easy to double book clients and to reschedule appointments/adjust times

Cons

antiquated, did not like stx beacon. would have rather kept the original stx

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Zoran L.

Best Hair and Beauty Software

Reviewed on 2015/01/10

Our salon has been using STX for over 6 years and it's been the best and most supportive system.

STX has grown with our business and the Support and Education team are second to none.

Response from STX Software

Hi Zoran, Thanks so much for the great review.

Rodney T.

Salon

Reviewed on 2011/06/21

Buy it if you are large or small. I am always aware of our bottom line. My staff can always see where they are and where they need to go.

Pros

support is always available via email phone or online instruction

Cons

alternate terminals drop connects quickly

Lynley M.

Has been perfect for my boutique aesthetic medicine practice.

Reviewed on 2015/08/20

Excellent accounts manager in Shannon Wojtkowski. Also very good customer service. Candace very helpful.

Andrea H.
Industry: Design

Wish it had more options for employees to see booking/client info from the mobile app

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Loved how easy it is to navigate my client booking and see everything remotely on my phone.

Ricardo R.

Why is it not compatible with android phones ?

Reviewed on 2015/04/25

The software is excellent and works well on our computers. My only issue with is that when it comes to mobile use it only works on apple products such as iPhone and iPad. Half of the staff uses Android phones so they're unable to use the scheduling software app.