Apollo

Customer engagement software with configurable workflows

Jessica R.

Fast way to find highly qualified leads

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

Overall, Apollo is absolutely necessary to achieve our business goals, as we are able to find leads quickly for our sales team prospects.

Pros

What we like most about Apollo.io is the ability to find qualified, cold leads at scale. You are able to filter contact on nearly any type of qualifier, such as title, location, etc. And the company filters are almost endless: revenue, number of employees, software they use, and many more. That is highly useful in finding very qualified leads, with just a few clicks.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that come to mind, other than the price is a bit high if you want the unlimited lead option. But the return on investment for these leads is worth it, in my opinion.

Parker N.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Apollo.io - New tool that should be at the top of everyone's prospecting tech stack

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Apollo.io was a tool I found on a LinkedIn article that I hadn't heard much about. I launched a trial and without even thinking was already able to use it's basic features that already had an impact on my prospecting strategies.

Pros

-Ability to research every company I'm looking at
-Ability to identify decision makers and their relevant contact information
-Great company insights and business intelligence that allows me to start the conversation informed

Cons

I wish they provided more direct contact information (cell phone, direct office lines) for decision makers

Ankurman S.

ZenProspect consolidates sales prospecting, engagement, and coaching very well!

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

- Set meetings with prospects
- Productivity gains as I can dial, prospect, email all in one place
- Engagement metrics, reports building helps me understand the progress of the sales outbound campaigns to make data-driven decisions

Pros

I'm an ex-Outreach user (sorry folks). Their product is addictive and got me obsessed with personalized prospecting at scale.

But hopping around between different tools just to get the leads into the Outreach Databases was time-consuming. ZP solves this with their Prospecting tool. There are more leads in their database than you can prospect in this lifetime without violating Google's spam alerts. So that's prospecting.

The sequence tool, may even be an exact clone of Outreach but it's smooth and not buggy compared to my experience with Outreach where I'd have font size errors often while composing my emails.

ZP's sequencing tool comes with solid engagement metrics to make data-driven prospecting.

Finally, the call transcribing feature helps to understand the sales call for coaching and prospect sentiment analysis. Research says that a winning sales call is when the prospect speaks more than 62%.

Combine all of this under one hood, makes me question if the sales leadership in teams who are shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars to different services even have heard of ZP or not. Well, VC funding will run out eventually.

ZenProsect consolidates what is needed for the SDR to unleash their full potential at work. I'm a believer and think they will crush their components over the next 3 years as long as they keep offering the

Cons

Not much except that their price tag on an annual contract basis can be a bit of a challenge for an internal champion like me to sell into my org.

Better than nothing, but not my favorite

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Pros

Zenprospect has a wide database that you can use to find contacts from a variety of businesses. I support accounts from 1-200 employees and found it useful for this segment. Building a report is easy to do, and ZP integrates with Salesforce which allows me to cross-check if this account exists in our CRM, who it belongs to, etc. I also like seeing who from my company has contacted someone in that account previously within ZP. For sequences, I like that you can track opens and click-throughs and A/B test messaging.

Cons

Sequences are pretty unintuitive to set up and are very buggy. For example, enabling a sequence to turn on doesn't do anything- you must individually enable each step in the sequence to truly enable or disable the sequence. I learned this the hard way when I thought I turned off a drip campaign but it was accidentally running for weeks. I also did not like that auto-responses came into my inbox, it made it hard to track and sort through real responses.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

I liked it but didn't love

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

it was nice to be able to search for contacts. also liked the prospecting and email cadence tool all in one platform.

Cons

didn't always have people that I wanted (target customers). also a little confusing to navigate and didn't integrate with my CRM

This prospecting tool can be used at a basic level or super detailed

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

The ability to filter through leads/companies is incredible. The features are rather robust and anytime we have run into any questions or issues, our CSM (customer success manager) has been more than pleasant to work with.

Cons

There was a minor "glitch" when we first started setting up our sequences and adding contacts to the campaigns. That issue was identified and resolved within 24 hrs.

Kristen M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

They Oversold it for my purposes

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Poor, and we will not be renewing. They were either dishonest or unintentionally left out important information and were not clear in their findings on the test sample I sent them.

Pros

it is easy to use and they do have good data, the interface is nice and they are constantly making updates

Cons

I sent them a sample to test and they told me that they found a HUGE percentage of the companies I needed to find, far more than any other tool that competes with them. However, after we purchased, I realized that even though they had that "company" when I needed it, a LOT of those companies didn't have any contacts at them so they were worthless to me.

I needed emails and addresses and they didn't have them for the companies I needed. I think if I needed info for larger companies they would have plenty of resources but for my purposes they didn't have the actual emails of the small/medium companies that I needed.

Kamal H.

Best Lead Generation Tool for Less

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

Pros

I really like using this tool. It has helped me a lot with the generation of valid B2B and B2C leads which has helped a lot in prospecting contacts. The accuracy rate is about 95% and it allows you to Export leads, Create lists, and Advanced search.

Cons

I can't dislike this app. I'm enjoying every of its feature.

Alexander I.

Misledaing marketing

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

Pros

Overall it's a great product at a competitive price. They have a decently sized database.

Cons

I was very disappointed when they placed a 10k credit limit per month when on their pricing page it says Unlimited email credits. I still think that the software and service are great, but I am so disappointed when they did this. There is no telling when they could place another limit for 1000 or 100 without any prior notice to their current users.

Akshay B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Apollo is extremely powerful tool but little complex to understand

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Pros

I like that it provides all the tools that I need for competitive and business analysis which directly helps my company in sales operation. From the time I purchased this tool till now, it decreased the amount of time I use in sales and market research task.

Cons

1. The tool is a bit complex to understand at first because of the vast features which are good but I think there should be a little bit of improvement in user experience.
2. When Apollo shifted from ZenProspect, after that I faced a lot of issues while using the tool like wrong information while applying filters, requesting contacts, sequence report data. But Apollo addressed those issue and improving it continuously.

• Industry: Consumer Electronics

Create marketing campaigns

Reviewed on 2020/02/07

Using for outbound sales and email drip campaigns.

Pros

Great for drip email campaigns. There is flexibility to track call and/or email campaigns. Great for outbound marketing.

Cons

There are so many layers of features and it takes awhile to learn them. They have great customer service to ask questions

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Company lies on their website about what the business owner is to receive.

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

Terrible.

Pros

This companies lies about everything. On their website it CLEARLY states unlimited emails and downloads on their list. Then when you see and read their terms and conditions it limits you to 1 million. I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who gave me different information on two different calls and then spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who tried to dodge every question but the facts. And the facts are I have screenshots where it says unlimited downloads. If they are lying about this and have treated other customer like crap why would anyone do business with them. So many companies with b2b lists, dont use this one.

Cons

customer service and incorrect information on the website.

Caleb J.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Apollo

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Pros

Good email finder tool similar to LeadIQ

Cons

Difficult UI and not clear enough on how to be effective with the tool

Joe F.

Best Strategy for Outbound

Reviewed on 2020/09/19

Pros

It's the best strategy for outbound sales and inbound lead fielding for 2020 and beyond. We used to see companies using 3 data service providers, pushing that data into CRM and then pushing that data out to an email automation tool, a dialer and LinkedIn was sitting on an Island.

With Apollo, you get everything in a single pane of glass. In turn, companies can drastically reduce their ongoing technology costs, systems & integration costs, and time to value.

Cons

There isn't much, the team is great so when you need a new feature - they release it.

One of the most thorough mail-merge I have ever used. The analytics are great !

Reviewed on 2018/07/04

Pros

Probably the best feature about Apollo is the analytics part. I have used several mail-merge products but Apollo is by far the one that goes really deep into the analytics part: you can literally analyse and create every indicator you want relating to your mails or even your phone calls.

Cons

The downside of using a product with many features like Apollo is that you have to spend some time setting it up. Whether it is the integrations with a CRM or the email campaigns settings, it is thorough but it requires time.

Akshay R.

Great platform for prospecting

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

Great product if you're looking for a better way to prospect leads with more granularity & find their emails

Pros

- Ability to find emails for prospects
- Features around filtering - in particular, the features for filtering by team size is unique. When using tools like LinkedIn Sales Navigator, you don't get the ability to specify the number of reps on a support team or sales team, but Apollo gives you that power.

Cons

- No Zapier Integration, so was hard to try to sync up email prospecting in Apollo with the leads I had in my Close CRM without doing some manual work

Maxim L.

Great lead source

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

They give away quite a lot of leads for free
The onboarding experience is pretty sleek

Cons

The database quality is always the main factor in scoring this kind of services. I'd say Apollo has a decent base but still, for our narrow use-case we could only find a few dozens

Jacco D.
  • Industry: Photography

Apollo is the dark horse in the race for sales engagement

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Apollo allows sales teams to find the ideal clients, reach out to them and engage them to connect and sign up. What else does a sales team need?

Pros

Apollo provides the full solution of features that SDRs can benefit from, ranging from leads to emailing to analytics. For the advanced users there are many ways to automate and customize processes, and the team is available to help as needed, including taking feedback and improve the product itself.

Cons

Because of the many functionalities Apollo offers, there are a lot of screens and options which can be overwhelming for an admin, but it's something the team is working on and already partly addressed.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Apollo Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I like apollo for it's easy navigation of the main page, although I do not like its filtration systems. Does not allow real-time hiring prospects to be updated.

Pros

I like the cockpit page the most of this software. I like how my tasks are instantly there. I think it kept me more accountable and allowed me to be more strategic with my accounts.

Cons

I do not like how I do not get instant notifications of my open rates. I would like they to be more timely. I also do not like some of the filtering systems. I found that it was difficult to find my engaged prospects and just the ones that are "running through the machine" per say. I thought the prospect searcher did not update as timely as I'd like with new/more prospects that are actually hiring.

Winter J.

Apollo for sales

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I really enjoyed using Apollo. It was quite expansive so I never used all the features. The tools I did use were simple. I feel that Apollo is responsible for many of the deals I was able to add to my sales pipeline. Even when I was not physically working, Apollo would send out emails to prospects I had added to sequences. It was also an exceptional tool for finding prospects and target companies.

Pros

I love the flexibility of using sequences in Apollo. As a salesperson, it is important to set your touches and personalize emails that go out to your prospects. Apollo allows for this when setting up sequences. I was also really impressed with the prospecting tool for finding target companies and titles of prospects within those companies. The filtering options were thorough and the best I have seen in any prospecting software.

Cons

You have to watch your sequences and how many emails are going out daily. They add up quickly and it damaged our domain reputation which took months to get back to normal.

Abhishek S.

Apollo is a catalyst for Lead Generation and sales

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Pros

I love that I can search for new prospects from Apollo dashboard itself using Apollo prospect searcher and select them to create an email campaign and launch them as well. It's like huge time saving for any executives or marketing professionals like myself.

Cons

Although Apollo let you search and give you companies personnel email and numbers most of it are not verified, or maximum percentage out of total found emails were not confirmed by Apollo and it's not that good, but still it does the job.

Nick S.

Good Prospecting Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Pros

Apollo makes it easy to create custom filtered prospecting lists and drip campaigns. The sequencing is a nice feature.

Cons

Slow load times. Customer service and coaching to enhance tools has been just ok.

Damian S.

Misses the mark

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Pros

Apollo does offer ease of use of contact, via direct dial functionality. It’s user views can be readily customized.

Cons

Apollo is very glitchy, with lots of downtime. Their Custer service is slow to respond, and often argumentative. It also severely limits users in texting and call functionality.

Joey B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Awesome Email sourcer!

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Pros

The absolute best tool for finding emails for prospects. So easy to use and search for people!

Cons

Not super great at finding other contact info other than emails.

Peter C.

A comprehensive prospecting tool that costs less than competitors

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

Beyond the price point, this tool will likely have more features than you need. Its robust email marketing tools certainly complement its ability to find the right industry, companies and titles you're searching for.

Cons

It uses a lead credit structure which makes you have to pore through data a lot longer than time typically allows to make sure you're not wasting credits.