Apollo

Find ideal prospects and convert them into customers.

Reunaldo
Reunaldo

My Review for Apollo

Reviewed on 2023/02/18

Pros

Apollo.io impressed me as a capable and user-friendly platform for handling consumer data. I also appreciated how simple the interface was to use and how quickly I could create, monitor, and analyze client data. I also like Apollo's potential to be integrated with other well-known platforms.

Cons

The lack of customization options for developing bespoke queries is the least preferred part of Apollo.io. Despite the platform's extensive selection of query templates and parameters, it might be challenging to modify a particular query so that it meets the demands of a project. The platform may sometimes take a while to react when you execute queries.

Great value with a lot of features compared to alternatives, but there is a learning curve

Reviewed on 2022/01/14

Pros

It has great features for email sequences, integrating with HubSpot, managing accounts and contacts, and more. You also have access to a lot of contact information that would cost more elsewhere. It's the best value for your money.

Cons

If contact data is your priority, you many often have trouble finding information for all of the contacts you need, especially when prospecting smaller businesses. Most of it's data comes from LinkedIn as far as I know, so if they aren't there, they won't be in Apollo. This can be frustrating.

Additionally, it offers a lot of features and is very customizable, but this can create a steep learning curve and require a significant investment of time to get it set up and integrated the way you need.

David
David

Failed me, in the middle of a critical business trip over multiple days. No helpful support.

Reviewed on 2023/10/02

Low quality customer support experience. Much degraded from last year. Everything from the support chat interface that asks runs you through a wizard before each itneraction, the slowness of getting an agent, the quickness of closing the thread if after a long waiting period you step out of your desk or you end up working on another tab.Due to the company's weak support and broken functionality I was unable to properly execute an outreach campaign during an expensive business trip which was disappointing and expensive for me.

Pros

Reasonable price and feature set. Used to be much better.

Cons

Many key functionalities don't work as expected. Broken functionality due to low quality QA testing.The chrome extension has a 30% chance of working as intended. Support is too based on copy and paste templates leading to wasted time.

Andrei

They reached a great market position

Reviewed on 2023/12/28

Pros

Apollo has grown and become almost the default go to when it comes to leads contact data, as it consistently seem to be having the largest global database in many industries.

Cons

I liked the amount of data per industry available and the ease of use.
One can build lead lists very fast and the time to outreach is extremely low thanks to this, thanks also to the built in sequencing.

Lucio
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Best in class

Reviewed on 2022/02/17

Apollo helps my team get perfect data and automate our reach outs. It is incredibly good software.

Pros

Although the main use is to gather intel and data, Apollo has a sales enablement tool that is incredibly good.

Their support team is very fast and they are always open to suggestions.

Cons

I miss a status page, Apollo doesn't go down at all, but sometimes we experience slowness and miss being able to check if something is wrong without having to check in with their support team.

ZoomInfo Sales, Lusha, Dealfront and 6sense

Reasons for Switching to Apollo

Data quality first, once we covered that and found the top contenders, UX and then pricing determined the best option.
Rebecca

Easy to use, and quality of data is pretty good

Reviewed on 2022/06/16

We purchased this software when they were running an incredible discount, so I am more than pleased for the price I paid. At full cost, I might be more annoyed with some of the failings (we do get about 10-20% of the leads bounce on our cold sequences, which could be due to bad emails provided or spam blockers).

Pros

The interface is very easy to use. I like that you get info on company's tech stack, as well as which departments are growing. This can make it interesting for building lists of accounts that may be more suited to our offering.

Cons

It often creates duplicate account records, so then I get errors when pushing leads (so I have to find the account in Apollo, merge it, and retry the push). It also isn't clear when building lists, which data has come from our CRM versus which data has come from Apollo itself. So sometimes I think I'm getting new data, and it's just giving me the bogus stuff that was already in my Salesforce.

Gilang
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great product for those who are into Sales Prospecting and Cold Pitch

Reviewed on 2021/08/20

I have been getting lots of meetings, by using Apollo alone. Some of my customers even bought the product I offered to them. Before I use Apollo, I use the traditional way of prospecting (connecting with them, introduce myself,

Pros

Ease of use of the product itself, generally high validity of email (around 6-8 out of 10 is a valid business email), have a built-in CRM which helps a lot of managing and organizing all the leads that have been viewed

Cons

No preview of the profile which does not have an email on it. I wish there was a preview of the email if the profile has any email so we don't waste our credits.

Gary

Apollo Review

Reviewed on 2022/06/26

Pros

They have a huge lead database and among similar service, Apollo have the highest information accuracy. The search interface is also clean and well organized, very handy when looking for specific leads.

Cons

Their search engine is not intuitive, you need to have your search in perfect spelling otherwise you won't get any search result.

Jessica

Fast way to find highly qualified leads

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

Overall, Apollo is absolutely necessary to achieve our business goals, as we are able to find leads quickly for our sales team prospects.

Pros

What we like most about Apollo.io is the ability to find qualified, cold leads at scale. You are able to filter contact on nearly any type of qualifier, such as title, location, etc. And the company filters are almost endless: revenue, number of employees, software they use, and many more. That is highly useful in finding very qualified leads, with just a few clicks.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that come to mind, other than the price is a bit high if you want the unlimited lead option. But the return on investment for these leads is worth it, in my opinion.

Shwetha
  • Industry: Information Services

Great tool for Sales People

Reviewed on 2021/12/08

Apollo has helped me a great deal in my outreach activity by providing me accurate data

Pros

The accuracy of the contact details and the number of credits provided

Cons

need to keep applying filters after going back to the list

Best lead generation tool

Reviewed on 2022/08/11

It's been great and I am really not sure if I am ever going to rely on any other tool for lead generation.

Pros

I used it to find leads with work email and it did provide me authentic emails with 95% accuracy.

Cons

After a certain period of time it ran out of database.

Snov.io

Snov.io

Lead generation done effortlessly

Reviewed on 2023/03/03

Apollo is an amazing tool that I use on regular basis to help me with my lead generation. It comes in handy to many marketing and sales folks and plays a big part in running sales campaigns.

Pros

Apollo is my go-to tool for any lead generation request, it helps to ease up my process of finding prospects' email IDs and phone numbers. I can get all the details in a single click. The Email IDs I obtain are more authentic and validated ones compared to other tools.

Cons

The paid feature is very costly and the UI/UX of navigation between pages of the free trial isn't that user-friendly.

John

Personalization at scale

Reviewed on 2023/05/07

Apollo has helped me to solve personalization at scale, using sequencing, AI, and task management with alerts to ensure I am engaged at the right cadence with the personas important for my campaigns. I am very happy with their lead generation solutions.

Pros

The beta release of AI writing to help quantify the real value proposition is cutting-edge and incredibly useful. The reason I use Apollo is that its email and task sequencing is the heart of a best-in-class lead-generation process. The productivity visualization and manager cockpit view, and call monitoring help me manage the work output and quality of the entire team and take steps to help them meet their outreach responsibilities in a timely manner.

Cons

Apollo does not allow the use of VPN which isn't just annoying but can actually interfere with work if your company requires that you connect.

Nacky Jake
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Apollo, a trusted data source

Reviewed on 2023/02/27

Pros

Apollo impressed me by being really simple to use and intuitive. The UI was excellent, and it was simple to use. The fact that it had strong analytical skills and made it simple for me to examine and analyze my data was another feature I enjoyed. The Apollo team's customer support was also something I truly appreciated. They attended to my needs with great care and were quite helpful.

Cons

In terms of personalization possibilities, I thought Apollo had a few limitations. It has fewer options than some of the other software options available, which can be a drawback for certain users. Also, the pricing structure is slightly more expensive than other choices, which can be too expensive for some customers.

Rakesh
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Apollo is a great lead generation cloud based tool

Reviewed on 2021/12/17

Very good and I will continue using it.

Very good and I will continue using it.

Pros

I like the ease of adding data from LinkedIn and in the automated campaigns; besides, Apollo has its own database of millions of records, and relevant filters and information about companies is collected so you can decide if the company is suitable. You can get links to social media, which acts as an integrated system.

Email templates, automation of emails is easy to understand, and support is mostly prompt.

Cons

UI can still be better, and it looks a little complicated. The colours can be better, but that is not a big issue

Evgeniya

Apollo for leadgen team in software development

Reviewed on 2022/02/18

It was great and my team members still use the product. I used it to understand and then manage my team

Pros

Good established flow of sequences of every kind; works better for Russian target audience rather than international (for us)

Cons

Search option doesn’t work in Russian; too complex integration to corporate emails

Lusha and RocketReach

Seemingly simple workflows
Almir
Almir

Intuitive and User-Friendly Software

Reviewed on 2023/06/10

Pros

The software offers a remarkable ability to integrate with other tools, including customer relationship management (CRM) software, resulting in a seamless workflow. This integration empowers users to effortlessly import and export data, while also providing the ability to track their interactions with prospects. By seamlessly connecting with CRM software, users can maintain a cohesive and efficient system that streamlines their workflow and enhances their overall productivity.

Cons

While there is still room for improvement in providing accurate and up-to-date data, including real-time updates on prospects' contact information, company size, and industry, investing in Apollo proves to be a valuable choice for streamlining lead generation efforts and enhancing sales productivity. Despite the need for further enhancements in data accuracy, the overall benefits and features offered by Apollo make it a worthwhile investment for businesses aiming to optimize their lead generation processes and boost sales efficiency.

Abhishek
Abhishek
  • Industry: Market Research

Great alternative for Sales Navigator!

Reviewed on 2022/12/16

Overall it's a useful software. Very effective tool for lead generation and one of the best alternatives for Sales Navigator. Data download feature is very useful!

Pros

Best part of this software is that one can easily download the lead search result data into an excel format. It is very useful for lead generation and it also has very handy filter options.

Cons

It is expensive and daily credit limit is also very less.

Abhra

Great product and reasonable price

Reviewed on 2022/02/19

It is a great experience using this product as it's solving my purpose of lead generation and the cost of this service is also reasonable. So I am very happy using this product.

Pros

This is a user friendly product whose pricing is reasonable and quality of product is great must use if you are sales or marketing professional for lead generation.

Cons

Not any such complaints. I find it a useful tool.

Alex
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

All fun and games until you get a lawsuit

Reviewed on 2023/08/06

Great tool for prospecting and finding contacts, however leaves you with a bunch of legal issues if you come across an angry prospect

Pros

Apollo is a great tool for getting contact data for marketing and sales outreach,it offers up to date verified lead info and reporting is great. It is easily integrated with other CRM platforms

Cons

People whose contact info you obtain from Apollo were never asked for consent, however Apollo is not responsible in case your prospect gets angry with you contacting them

Lusha and RocketReach

Reasons for Switching to Apollo

Best in terms of functionality

Easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2023/09/15

Overall experienced has been smooth and with no issues whatsoever

Overall experienced has been smooth and with no issues whatsoever

Pros

Its such a great platform where you can find so many features all in one place. Absolutely love it and will always recommend it to others.

Cons

I cannot mention anything negative about Apollo. My experience with it has been extraordinary.

Jason
  • Industry: Events Services

Great software – best value

Reviewed on 2022/03/01

Pros

Essentially takes LI Sales Nav and makes it more powerful

Cons

Limited on adding people to lists – understand why you do it though

Mailshake

Reasons for Choosing Apollo

Value & ability to make sequences

Nimble

Price & more features
Shresth

Apollo review

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

I thank the creators of Apollo for creating an easy to use yet effective software. Using a similar competitor has helped me further appreciate what Apollo brings to Sales teams.

Pros

I love the fact that Apollo.io integrates with Sales Navigator and allows you to import prospects into Apollo and your cadences with ease.

Apollo is an extremely easy to use platform.

Does a fairly good job of fetching mobile numbers (in the Australian market)

Cons

(Not sure if I'm right on this one) but the lack of an integration with a calling software meant our team had to use different systems for emails and calls.

Difficult to track how prospects integrate with your emails.

Cumbersome to move prospects between different cadences based on their engagement with emails

Santanu

Excellent tool for Lead generation , prospecting and boost your sales efforts.

Reviewed on 2022/10/11

Overall experience with Apollo is phenomenal. Except for a very few reasons, the tool has very less areas to complain about. It is a very powerful tool for any sales /marketing team and can multiply their productivity instantly.

Pros

Apollo is quite a unique and powerful tool for sales and marketing teams equipped with all features for generating, qualifying, prospecting, and also outreach to your audience. The filters are quite good for segmentation. Easy to export and import as well. Also, email outreach makes it a total package.

Cons

The limitation of the number of contacts to be exported at one time shall be increased. Even with a basic plan number of contacts exported at once Is only 25. This could be improved to enhance time management.

Eric
  • Industry: Banking

One software to handle exactly what I needed

Reviewed on 2022/02/22

We are a new sales team (owner did sales prior) and there was nothing in place for digital outreach. Leads of varying degrees of quality in Salesforce and a freeware subscription to Mail Chimp that sends everything to junk folders. I interviewed 20 companies, from marketing firms to LinkedIn scrapers and they all did a few things but not everything. They were also more expensive and would require at least one other software to work. I started off small 4 months ago and now have a large digital outreach campaign that has resulted in appointments and soon real closed deals. I did this on my own via the free version and then convinced the owners to invest by showing them my results.

Pros

I can find leads, find their info, push to Salesforce, connect in LinkedIn, build campaign and send out email sequence in about 5 minutes.

Cons

I wish that more emails were verified. Most are but not all. I wish that fewer emails got caught up in spam filters.