Showing 128 reviews of 88

Crowdcast

Live video platform for creators and businesses

Showing 128 reviews of 88
Dmitry K.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

The absolute best webinar platform in the galaxy

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

We hosted over a hundred webinars on Crowdcast and every single one of them was absolutely amazing. Can't wait to start recording the next season of our webinar series.

Pros

If I was to pick one thing I'd say it's the way the platform is built. They built great foundation from the very beginning and continue to add to features and functionality that makes this platform absolutely amazing for anyone who needs to host webinars or online conferences. The possibilities are endless with Crowdcast.

Cons

It's price is a bit too high for small business or entrepreneurs. I wish they had better pricing model as for now it targets bigger podcasts and content creators.

Kacey W.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

A fresh, new way to do webinars

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Crowdcast has been our go-to product for live online events for the past 3 years. We connect with our audiences in many different of type of events online - from webinars, to Ask Me Anything sessions. The authentic way that we can connect with them on Crowdcast really helps us build relationships and help them out.

Pros

Crowdcast is a fresh looking platform and very interactive. It is an easier and better way to interact with users online, versus traditional "webinar" platforms and systems. It has functions that really help you engage with your audiences, and also helps them interact with each other. The event functions like submitting questions and chat box area really helps bring the events to life and makes them fun.

Cons

I've found that for guest speakers who may not be "tech-savvy" sometimes have issues logging on or understanding how to use the product. Usually once trained, it's smooth. Only other downfall is needing to make sure what browser you are on since it cannot function in Safari, and we have a lot of Apple users.

Cory H.

Easiest webinar software out there

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Overwhelmingly positive. The team is responsive and helpful, and even fun to work with. I do weekly broadcasts with my students, and occasionally a webinar with 1,000+ attendees. Always works like a charm for me.

Pros

I've used any number of competing webinar products. Crowdcast is the easiest to use of all of them. The ability to easily simul-cast to Facebook and Youtube is a big plus, but the best part is that it just works in your browser. There's nothing to download unless you are going to broadcast.

I have an audience of technophobes and Luddites, and even they like it.

Cons

I wish there were more directly built-in integrations, especially with Infusionsoft, but Zapier makes that work.

Chandler W.

Easy streaming software

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Crowdcast solves the need for a live broadcasting software that can handle a daily live experience with little to no problems.

Pros

I manage a daily live show via Crowdcast that streams to Facebook and YouTube.

Crowdcast makes it incredibly easy to have several different hosts and technical people creating the shows.

Cons

No microphone input availability to use headphones on the software itself. It’s really irritating to have to adjust chrome setting every time.

Joy E.
  • Industry: Program Development

Not just a webinar/podcast tool!

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Internally, we found an extra bonus. We use Crowdcast to keep transparent records of our nonprofit board meetings.

Pros

I love how supportive the staff and community were when I didn't know how to do something. There's a great network of people doing this webinar/podcast thing who became kind of a community as we were just starting up. I also love the ability to bring participants up on screen real-time, and it is helpful being able to integrate with OBS, Facebook and YouTube to make sure we stay informative and connected.

Cons

We couldn't broadcast from our phone... they're working on it!

Marc J.
  • Industry: Fine Art
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Terrific tool for paid live events

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I use Crowdcast primarily for paid livestreams, and it works really well for this. Set up the event, connect your Stripe account to received payments, and start promoting it. Crowdcast even sends out reminder emails to all signups prior to the event.

Pros

Super easy to set up an event and charge for it, which is what I've used Crowdcast for primarily.
I love that it keeps a recording of the livestream, which I can continue to charge access to.
No need for additional software, hosting, or other services. It's all-in-one.
Terrific customer service!

Cons

I really can't think of any. It does everything it promises to do, and whenever I've had a problem, Crowdcast's team were super helpful.

Suzette H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Works great for teachers

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I use Crowdcast as a way to deliver live or recorded training sessions. It's a simple way to test out this method of service and communication without getting into custom platform building or anything complicated for video storage.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use, both for myself and for newbies. I appreciate the detailed instructions for how to connect and how to invite others on screen - I send those all the time to new students and guests. It takes just a few min to set up a livestream, and it's a very easy to understand environment. The customer service for Crowdcast is very responsive and helpful. Anytime I've had a question or needed clarification, the team responded right away (I integrate my Crowdcast with Patreon, so from time to time, there are questions that come up with that because Patreon itself is unfortunately NOT as quick to respond as Crowdcast). I've recommended Crowdcast to several friends and organizations :) It is a little bit on the expensive side for a small business, but when I compare it to other available services for livestreaming or conferencing, no one else has this type of value.

Cons

The only thing that is a little awkward is the switching from camera to screenshare, such as when I want to show a Powerpoint. It's not completely seamless - your audience will see you do the action, and there is some delay. But if you're a calm and just very casual presenter, you can cover this lag time smoothly without it seeming weird to the participants.

The only other suggestion I would have for Crowdcast is to create a means to organize and present collections of your livestreams. Your events appear in your archive as just a chronological list, instead of being able to be organized by topic or group. As a Patreon user, I can get around this because on the Patreon side, I can do that organizing. But if Crowdcast were my primary landing point for someone, it would look messy.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

We were able to get up and running quickly.

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

It was the first time our organization did a live-streamed training and it was a big success. The customer service was 5 stars!

Pros

Using Crowdcast was very intuitive. We were able to get up and running quickly. As our needs became more sophisticated we were supported to develop our programs more completely.

Cons

At first I was frustrated that we needed to go to an outside provider to handle the payments for the broadcast but this turned out to not be a problem because of the excellent customer service we received.

We did receive some complaints from people who did not have a strong enough signal to maintain the broadcast throughout. This problem was on their end but it did keep us from reaching some of our audience.

Laura P.

Such a huge fan of Crowdcast!

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

I can't imagine running my business without this app - its that good! Plus Erin and the team are fab.

Pros

I love this software because it makes delivering value to my community so easy. I use it for all my webinars, coaching sessions and classes and it makes it very easy for them to get the help they need from me as a service provider. The Q&A function is AMAZING!!!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like to be honest! The replays used to be poor quality, but they've introduced HD quality now and so that's made everything a lot easier.

Kevin M.

Well-designed software for hosting highly interactive webinars

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I've been using Crowdcast for years. They have continued to come out with new, innovative features without adding bloat to the product. The support has always been top-notch: quick, friendly, clear, and generous. I recommend it to everyone who asks!

Pros

Here are my 4 favorite things about Crowdcast: (1) The registration page, the event page, and the recording page are all at the same URL. (2) Recordings are available almost immediately after the event. (3) It has great interactive capabilities, namely the chat and Q&A functionality. (4) Everything is nicely designed, so it's easy to get up and running.

Cons

In the early days, the recording quality was not good enough, but it has gotten better over time.

Kara S.

Top Notch Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Crowdcast goes above and beyond what most companies would ever do on the customer service side of things. They are extremely responsive, helpful and committed to making sure their customers are having a good experience and understanding the software. I absolutely love working with Crowdcast and with their software and their support, I am in the process to taking my biz to a whole new level.

Pros

For a not so techie woman, it's easy to use and my students/customers also find it easy to use on their end.

Cons

My hope is that someday they have the feature similar to facebook in the chat box where either the host or the guests can comment directly on another person's comment.

Aleia W.

Simple to use & mostly works.

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

Crowdcast WORKS compared to the program that I was previously using (ie YouTube Live). The chat feature allows everyone to be so interactive and it's really easy to navigate around.

Cons

The replay setup isn't ideal, I wish there was a separate page/link to send them versus requiring a password.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Essential tool for online teaching and community building

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Very positive and enjoyable.

Pros

It is easy to use, has great support, and makes it a delight to do webinars and online experiences.

Cons

It does not do well on all browsers and it seems some people regularly have a tricky time signing up.

Heather A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best video platform

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Crowdcast plus the ability to timestamp when you answer questions is brilliant. i use it for webinars, group coaching and recording presentations.

Cons

I genuinely can't fault it. there is no downside

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

It’s my favorite way of connecting with my audience.

Pros

It’s easy to use has great customer support, and totally changed how I do business

Cons

That there is no way that people can discover me on Crowdcast

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Powerful, yet simple application

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Overall we were looking for an application that would make it really easy for participants to join in without having to download something or go through a very cumbersome process just to view everything. This software is definitely easy in that regard.

Pros

It is super simple to use. More importantly, it is easy for participants to join a scheduled meeting.

Cons

A minor thing, but the whole concept of joining the Green room and getting someone to join a green room with you to test everything out was a little difficult to figure out.

Pascale R.
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Simple to use, smooth experience, both side of the screen

Reviewed on 2019/06/29

I love it. It makes the experience for my audience easy. which is part of my value and the quality I want to have with any way my audience interact with me.

Pros

From the creation of the event to the booking of the seat for your audience, it's easy and smooth. I love that it works without them having to download anything. The app on mobile phone makes watching a webinar there a comfy experience (far from being the case on other platforms).

Really easy to set-up. I love also the follow option.

Cons

not sure. Haven't stumbled yet on a problem.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Psyched Up About Crowdcast

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

I loved that the software is easy to navigate and understand!

Cons

I wish the software had closed caption capabilities. Closed captioning would allow for users to reach a broader audience.

Heather T.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Crowdcast made community-building seamless

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Pros

I love that Crowdcast is so user-friendly with the functionality of viewers being able to ask questions and interact in real time.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints, just that it would be great to be able to put previous broadcasts behind a paywall within the software.

Easy to use with lots of power user features

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

Great! I had some questions and they answered promptly. Then using it was seamless.

Pros

The overall setup was very streamlined and made it easy to access all the features I'd need to interact with viewers. While there are some free video streaming services, this is the one that professionals and legitimate digital conferences will use.

Cons

Can't really think of anything right now.

Kelso K.

Our webinar visitors LOVE Crowdcast.io!

Reviewed on 2015/12/22

We had been using gotowebinar for about 3 years. One of the main pain points was that our attendees would need to download their software to view our webinars. With Crowdcast everything happens right in the browser, and we average over 30% extra users per session. We're suckers for an awesome UI and experience.

Nicholas P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Crowdcast brought a connection to my work/audience.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Pros

With crowdcast I was able to share items with a variety of members, students, from across the state.

Cons

I don't have an issue with the product just the argument that there are so many free alternatives that offer similar options

Carlos andres C.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reliable service

Reviewed on 2019/01/27

Crowdcast is a great service for webminars and small live events. Very simple setup and a price structure that is scalable and easy to understand.
The best thing is that the video and audio quality is optimal and reliable

Pros

Easy to setup
Simple pricing estructure
Good customer support
Convenient features like chat and pooling
Minimalist graphic user interface
Great video quality and consistency of stream

Cons

Pricey compared to other similar alternatives
Some features like polling are basic
The App is only available for iOS