Showing 74 reviews of 72

Mobile Text Alerts

#1 SMS Marketing Service for Businesses

Showing 74 reviews of 72
Wardell J.

My church has been using MTA for two years and we are continually adding new features.

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

It a simple and very effective mode of communication. Love it.

Pros

The best feature is the new text to speech. The customer service is insane. They will respond even on Sundays. Wow!

Cons

They down side is the reduction in MMS characters from 1500 to 660.. it's taking me twice as long to construct a messages because I have to cut it short. Errrg

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Wardell,

Thank you for the nice review! We're glad you've had a good experience! :)

The character limit for MMS is actually still 1550 - If you're having issues with that or your dashboard isn't reflecting that please let us know at [email protected] and we can look into it for you!

Todd F.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Mobile Text alerts is great for text marketing

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

We're very satisfied

Pros

Free trial let's you truly test drive the product

Cons

messages can't be too long or they will count as 2 messages

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Thank you so much for your review and feedback of the free test account!

We appreciate your thoughts and feedback and are glad you've had an overall positive experience (even in light of the 160 character SMS limit).

Please feel free to let us know if you ever have further questions or feedback! (You can email at [email protected])

Kristine J.

Love Mobile Txt Alerts

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

Fantastic. They are helpful and very quick to respond to issues. I love their tutorials that are geared to my business. I recommend them all the time and will continue tol

Pros

The program is fairly easy to use. It does have a slight learning curve for the Senior community but they do have awesome tutorials which makes it much easier to learn and implement.

Cons

There is not much I don't like. I seem to have an easier time of getting subscribers as compared to other like alert software, but sometimes I need more and am not sure how to do certain things. Help is always available quickly and are very knowledgeable and don't make me feel like I should have known that particular issue.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Kristine,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback! Glad to hear you've had an overall good experience!

If you have any questions or need any further help on how to do things or suggestions on how to get more subscribers feel free to let us know! ([email protected])

Nick M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

We use it to communicate w/ about 80 HS students and their parents regarding youth group ...

Reviewed on 2017/10/17

Communication with students

Pros

Very intuitive to use. Storage of phone numbers very handy. Ability to send at future date is very valuable, so we send reminders of evening activities at 4:30, when kids are out of classrooms.

Cons

Things I'd like to see in the future -
Ability to send the same text 2 or 3 days in a row. Or send it on the same day every week for a few weeks, etc.
A few more columns for categories of members, ie; boys, girls, parents, juniors, seniors, etc, so we could just click girls and parents to send a message about a sleep over, etc

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Nick, thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time. :)

You actually do have some scheduling options when you set up your message on the Send Message page. If you select "Schedule the Message" instead of "Send the Message Now" it will give you some options for if you want the message to repeat and how often. You can then manage and edit or remove scheduled messages under the Messages->Scheduled Messages tab.

You are also able to organize your subscribers into groups if you want to sort them into categories like "boys, girls, parents." You can find a tutorial on groups here: https://mobile-text-alerts.com/blog/adding-editing-removing-groups-control-panel/

Hopefully that helps! Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Matt H.

Mobile text alert review

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

We are a healthcare facility with multiple locations. After a snow storm back in 2014, we had doctors come to work when we were closed. We needed a way to tell everyone the same thing at one time. This software has been a game changer. Now we use it for the shirt of the day on Fridays, a mass text for when servers are down, or even say happy birthday to an employee. Great product!!! hand down

Pros

Easy to use, i like the group feature where you can send to all or just groups of subscribers.

Cons

I always forget how to add a subscriber to a group.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the nice feedback, we appreciate it! :)

We are glad you have had a good experience and hope to continue to provide a useful product for you!

Jeff G.

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

We have been able to grow our business through the use of the tool.

Pros

Ease of use! Both on the mobile web browser

Cons

I cannot think of one really. The service and support has been very helpful.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback!!

It's great to hear the service has been useful to help grow your business!

Please feel free to let us know if you ever have further questions or feedback or if you needed anything else on our end (you can email at [email protected]). :)

Valerio P.

Very good tool, not so much price scheme

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

This software did not help me much since it came out very expensive. The tool works well, however, I prefer to pay for the messages I actually send instead of paying for a service where I'm not sure if I'm making the most of my money.

Pros

I like that it is easy to send messages. Uploading the contact database is very simple and allows you to include opt-in forms on my website. Additionally, I can program the messages for the future.

Cons

What I do not like is that the price is not based on the number of messages I send, but on the number of subscribers on my list. I send few messages but my list of contacts is large so this service does not adapt to my needs.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Thank you for the feedback, Valerio! :) We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review!

And to address your 'cons', we do have pay-per-text plans available! :)
mobile-text-alerts.com/pay-per-text

Marchelle S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

A fantastic way to stay in touch with your customers on a platform they use every day.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Increased customer engagement

Pros

It allows me to send instant notifications to my customers when I am having live sales, giveaways or other specials. I can't think of a more effective and engaging way to stay in touch with your customers than with a direct text message

Cons

That I didn't start with it sooner. Had I started sooner I might have more customers now than I do.

Kastle S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

texts

Reviewed on 2018/11/05

great and if i ever have problems its fixed quickly and im always able to get someone on the phone

Pros

that im able to get a plan based on subscribers not by amount of texts i send

Cons

dont really have any dislikes i really like the app

Jeff T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Jeff Tilley from Inter-State Studio

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Pros

The ease of importing users from our payroll software platform.

Cons

I scheduled a message to be sent at a later time. I then tried to change that message to send out immediately, and it looked like I made the change successfully, but the message timing was not changed.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your nice feedback! :) Sorry for issues with your scheduled message as well- I submitted that feedback to development.

Feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you have any other questions or issues!

Judith W.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great text system.

Reviewed on 2017/02/18

Love how easy it is to use, dislike that it sometimes doesn't send to all the people in the group and doesn't let you know that it didn't send it to them.

Pros

Easy to set up and use

Cons

Doesn't tell you when someone in the group doesn't receive the text.

Kalene L.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

I love that I get unlimited texts, even with the basic package!

Reviewed on 2018/02/05

Better communication with my loyal customers!

Pros

It's very easy to send a text! I haven't figured out yet how to text a message from my phone, but I have the page bookmarked on my homescreen, so it takes me right to it!

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Thank you for the feedback, Kalene! :) We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review!

Angelique H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Great

Pros

Easy to understand what things you need to get the text alerts

Cons

Something a little confusing understanding some of the comands

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Angelique,

Thank you so much for your nice feedback! Glad to hear you've had an overall good experience thus far. Sorry some aspects have been a little confusing- Feel free to live chat with us or email us at [email protected] if you need help with any explanations! (You can also check out our Help Center at https://mobile-text-alerts.zendesk.com/hc/en-us )

Best,
Sam Pelton

Camille M.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Been using for a couple years now

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

This helped me give my customers an immediate message that I know they'll see faster than an email (if they even check their email). It helped me connect with them and offer deals to help me generate income quickly.

Pros

I love how easy it is for people to opt in and how fast I can send a text alert out.

Cons

I can't really think of anything specific.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Camille,

Thank you so much for your nice feedback!! We're glad to hear you've had success with your text alert system :)

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

If there was anything you needed on our end don't hesitate to reach out - Let us know if there was anything you needed from us to make your experience a 5 out of 5 :)
([email protected])

Missy S.

Love Mobile Text Alerts

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

All in all, it’s been great for us! I like the MMS feature just wish it didn’t count as 3 messages PER subscriber

Pros

That it’s integrated with the LuLaRoe BLESS System. I also like how we now have a registration link that automatically signs them up for alerts

Cons

The link doesn’t always work in the text alert and sometimes my text either doesn’t go out or goes out twice

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Missy,

Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear you've had an overall good experience.

If you have any issues with messages/links feel free to reach out to [email protected] and we can try to help troubleshoot!

Wanda M.

Great Business Tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

Great to be able to reach the majority of my customers with one text message. Saves so much time!

Pros

I like the fact that you can reach so many people at one time. Because the fact is that 9 times out of 10 people will check they text messages before they read an email. Also, I love the fact that any unused messages just roll over into the next month.

Cons

I just wish I could type more in my message before it runs over into the next page.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Wanda,

Thank you so much for your nice feedback! :) Glad to hear you've had a good experience overall!

As far as being able to type more in your message, there is the option to send your message as an MMS which allows you to include an image in your message and have up to 1550 characters, if that helps. (You can select that option when sending a message if you would like but note that it does count as 3 messages per recipient toward your messaging counts instead of 1.)

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions or need anything on our end! :)

Crisa T.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

As a user and customer of Mobile Text Alerts I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I think it’s a great service and the fact that they make it personal they contact you and you get quick response from their team. They even give you tips and tricks and even educational tutorials on how to engage customers, get more customers, how to host live sales, it goes on and on they really know how to treat you as a user of their service!! They go above and beyond! Thank you Mobile Text alerts!

Pros

The ease of using it to send mass texts to all my customers. I was able to send texts quickly and easily anytime of day! Usually 30 minutes before a live sale on Facebook was a Great time to send out a text to remind my customers to log on to tell them to stop by and shop in my live sales! I also loved getting messages from others through the service because it truly works!

Cons

Nothing really I didn’t have any problems, I remember I had some questions and I emailed them and they reaponded quickly!

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Crisa,

Thank you for your nice feedback, we appreciate it!

We are glad you had a positive experience and want to thank you for choosing us! :)

Katie B.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Awesome Text Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

I LOVE the customer service as well as the design, functionality, and intuitive structure. The Mobile Text Alert crew is super responsive and helpful in resolving any questions or issues that arise.

Cons

I would like to be able to add a small group of subscribers all at once on one screen rather than one at a time. It is a minor negative though.

Alisha N.

Review of text alerts

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

Pros

Its easy to use and we like that we can add subscribers ourself- our customers like that we can add them on their behalf

Cons

Seems like many of our customers get unsubscribed without wanting to me

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Thank you for your review and feedback!

Glad to hear you you've found it easy to use. :)

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with unsubscribes! If people reply STOP to any of your messages they will be unsubscribed.

You're welcome to reach out to [email protected] and we could help troubleshoot any issues you might be experiencing as well!

Connie G.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Pros

Mobile Text Alerts is user friendly and the customer service is helpful.

Cons

The price breakdowns I found confusing at first.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Connie,

Thank you for the nice feedback and ratings! :)

Glad to hear you've had a good experience thus far and we hope to continue to provide a useful service to you!

Sid R.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/01/06

Pros

The customer service of Mobile-Text-Alerts is excellent. Cust support rep was extremely quick in his responses to our organization and was able to facilitate our entire group text solution in a matter of hours. He responded to emails within minutes and was on top of the job and made it easy for us to renew our account. Would definitely recommend to others.

Cons

Occasionally doesn't send to some phone #'s (could just be a phone issue). Other than that we had no issues.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Thank you for the feedback! :) We appreciate you taking the time to give us a review!

Heather B.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Makes it easy to connect with customers!

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Mobile text alerts is easy to use, allows me consistent, reliable access to get information to my customers, and helps me run my business from anywhere. It is priced right and user friendly! I would definitely recommend!

Pros

I love that Mobile Text Alerts is reliable and consistent! It is so user friendly, and it has helped me keep in touch with my costumers. Technology is always changing, but mobile texts is a 100% guarantee that your information will always be sent and seen. ❤️

Cons

There is nothing to dislike. I’ve loved everything about the system so far.

Chandler Z.

Great platform, great customer service

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

These guys have been great. I love their platform and their customer service is amazing.

Pros

Ease of use, deliverability. Very easy to send texts out.

Cons

There's not much to say here, great product.

Kelly B.

I love Mobile text alerts to help support my Lularoe business.

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

I like being able to notify customers when I go live or have a sale. Definitely helps fill the gap from missed FB notifications.

Pros

I love being able to reach SO MANY customers at once. I also love that the rates are based on number of subscribers and not the amount of texts that go out.

Cons

This is a little pricey for my small business. I just broke into the 175 - 500 member range. I don't know if this is something I can justify for the long term, but I will stay with it as long as I can.

Response from Mobile Text Alerts

Hi Kelly, thanks for the kind words!