Figma

Write a Review!
Collaborative platform for UI designing and prototyping

4.6/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Luke
Luke

It's hard to remember life before Figma

Reviewed on 2021/12/16

We were previously using a combination of Sketch, Zeplin and Invision - Figma is all three in one, and more. If you need a tool capable of creating anything from advanced and scalable design systems to facilitating whiteboarding sessions, Figma is the obvious choice.

Pros

Powerful but intuitive to use
Aligned with code development process - easy for developers to reference, comment and lift assets as well as code snippets
Always evolving
Advanced design system management is easy with Figma

Cons

It's hard to find any negatives. The presentation of prototypes could have more options for screen size - sometimes you want to zoom out and it's hard to do so since there are present display options

Sketch, Zeplin and InVision App

Reasons for Choosing Figma

Sketch enabled us to create interface designs but not present our work or effectively hand-off or collaborate with developers. Zeplin helped us hand-off to developers but not create, collaborate, or present. Invision helped us present but wasn't amazing at handing-off to developers and there was no ability to create. Figma did all in one.

Sketch, Zeplin and InVision App

Reasons for Switching to Figma

Figma was more closely aligned with how we code products and allows us to create, collaborate, prototype, test and present all in one cost effective package.
Ajay kumar

My favorite UI designing tool

Reviewed on 2024/01/05

I am big fan of Figma it's really pretty cool. I am really impressed to use figma because it's just small application but it's have lot of feature very good interface, very easy to run my prototype, very easy to import my designed screens, can able to convert my design to React native, HTML and CSS Code it's really cool thing. I don't know the specific reason to like figma but I like more.

Pros

Figam is one of the UI/UX Designing tool. It's really very simple and attractive interface. Number of tools is very less but you can able to design able to all things it's really cool thing. One more thing you don't need to install the software you just open your web browser and type Figam easy use it. Here lot of Plugins available for icons, Tables, chat, and more.

Cons

No Drawbacks have in Figam it's completely perfect.

Anna
Anna

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 2022/05/08

Terrible. Customer service makes my blood boil. The software itself is ok. It's quite complex for an occasional user so I'd not recommend it.

Pros

Probably has some good features, but I haven't used it enough to really say.

Cons

Using Figma is not a core part of my work. However, from time to time clients and team members share wireframes or designs with me. To be able to comment or view these designs, at some stage I have created a FREE account. However, as a freelancer, I worked with many clients over the years and some of them give me a business gmail to use while I have worked with them. Because of this, I am unable to pinpoint when I created the account, everyone I might have collaborated with, and what teams I might be a member of.

To my knowledge, I only made a couple of personal designs on Figma in the past couple of months. Recently my business structure changed, and my g-suite profile (with custom domain) that I created Figma with is now an alias of the G-suite of my new business. Because of this, logging in via Google profile no longer works.

Reaching out to support with the email address that the account was created with is completely unfruitful. The contact person,
[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is behaving like I am trying to fraudulently access a bank account, and it's not possible for me to answer her questions to unlock my account and access.

Some of the questions (not all fit):
- Date of account creation (estimated month/year
- Approximate number of named .fig files owned/created by the account
- Specific names or URLs of 3-5 .fig files
- The names of other collaborators on your teams or files, the file or team you collaborate on
- The last 4 digits and expiry of your payment method

Jeffrey

Not good for companies

Reviewed on 2024/03/02

My developers loved it, but I hated it.
I share the concerns raised about Figma's user management...

My developers loved it, but I hated it.
I share the concerns raised about Figma's user management and billing system. My experience has been frustrating, marked by unexpected charges due to the automatic upgrade of viewer accounts to full memberships without explicit consent. This lack of transparent control and oversight in billing has not only led to financial strains but also raised serious questions about Figma's suitability for businesses requiring stringent compliance and security protocols. Unfortunately, Figma’s current system appears to lack the necessary safeguards for business owners to manage their accounts effectively and economically

Pros

I have to admit I am impressed with the tools themselves, easy to follow

Cons

As a business owner utilizing Figma for our design and prototyping needs, I feel compelled to voice significant concerns regarding its billing and user management systems. Figma offers a suite of powerful tools for design mockups, but it falls short in areas crucial to business operations—particularly in terms of compliance and security.
In my own experience with Figma, I've encountered serious issues where the system automatically upgraded viewer accounts to full memberships without my consent or awareness. This led to unexpected and substantial charges, a problem that became apparent only upon a detailed audit of our accounts. The lack of clear notifications and approval mechanisms for such critical changes is a significant oversight. In a busy business environment where oversight of multiple systems is a common challenge, such lapses in user management can easily go unnoticed.

More critically, this flaw in Figma’s system isn't merely a financial risk; it's a breach of basic compliance protocols that businesses strictly adhere to. The ease with which employees can unintentionally escalate costs by sharing projects outside the organization poses a direct threat to operational security and budget management. This oversight indicates a gap in Figma's understanding of the nuanced needs of business operations, especially in terms of administrative control and security protocols.
Therefore, I urge fellow business leaders and decision-makers to exercise caution with Figma. It’s vital to vigilantly monitor your account settings and billing to mitigate these risks. The current state of Figma’s system underscores a crucial demand for tools that prioritize not just functionality but also align with stringent business practices and security measures.
In light of these shortcomings, I am considering the development of an alternative platform that foregrounds these business essentials. This potential solution would offer robust control over user permissions and financial implications, addressing a critical market need for business-centric design tools. Until Figma addresses these shortcomings, businesses must recognize and navigate these risks actively.
This is a call to Figma and other software providers: align your services with the stringent requirements of the business community. Only through such alignment can digital tools genuinely serve and support the diverse needs of the professional world.

jason
jason

Figma review 2022

Reviewed on 2022/07/06

Figma is a magical web template designer that gives me the permeability to replicate my inner imaginations. I love this tool.

Pros

Figma offers cutting-edge web template design solutions which enable users to go beyond certain proximities.

I won't really say it's easy ( because it caused me years to work comfortably with it), but It all depends on the type of mindset you have and the quality of experience you achieve while working with it.

It offers excellent collaboration possibilities and has amazing pricing plans with trials attached. I just love this tool cuz, it allows me to create brainstorming IUs which I offer as extra services on freelance platforms.

Cons

Objects, features & functionalities are too tiny to locate and closed chocked-up. That requires much time to really figure them out.

Figma desktop doesn't support Windows 7. Although this might be intended to get users to upgrade to more advanced versions of windows and perhaps enable them with a better work experience, however, some people just enjoy working with Windows 7 (for some reasons) and might not be able to use Figma. From my own perspective, I see this to be a sort of handicap

Yulia
Yulia

Best for UX and collaboration

Reviewed on 2022/04/03

I was skeptical about switching from Sketch to Figma because Sketch worked just fine. However, when I saw how the collaboration works and how easy it is for the developers to build websites designed in Figma, I changed my mind.

Pros

Figma takes collaboration to the next level: our designers, project managers, and clients comment, ask questions, and correct layouts at the same time. In addition, you can limit the status of each participant without worrying that someone will disturb the harmony in the design. All versions and changes are stored in Figma and you can "roll back" to the right one at any time. I no longer need to store dozens of files on my computer and remember which file had the design with the element that the customer asked to remove and now wants to return.

Cons

Figma is great for web design, UX/UI, and even making presentations. However, it doesn't fully replace Adobe Creative Cloud, you will still need to use other design software.

Reasons for Choosing Figma

Because Figma is better for feedback and real-time collaboration. Besides, it's available on all platforms, which my clients love.

Reasons for Switching to Figma

Figma is free, multi-platform, highly functional, and just perfect.
Festus
Festus

Build AWESOME Designs With FIGMA

Reviewed on 2022/11/13

Figma stands out because it is incredibly easy to use, the media library is great, the collaboration feature nails it all as it allows effective team work and progress tracking

Pros

1. I LOVE the collaboration feature, i mean it just makes task easier and enjoyable.2. Easy drag and drop feature3. Auto save feature is great4. Easy file import5. amazing media library

Cons

1. it works online and on a desktop. it think it should be able to work offline and on a mobile device

Reasons for Choosing Figma

adobe xd was too complex for me and my teamit was also expensive to purchasethe software is heavy and as such it doesn't work on all PCs

Reasons for Switching to Figma

Figma is a free and open source design softwareit's easy to useamazing team collaboration feature
Divaldo
  • Industry: Consumer Services

One of the best design tools

Reviewed on 2023/07/29

I always had a barrier of being able to see my designs and prototypes on multiple devices, figma made it simple. It also helped me better understand how I should act as a professional designer. Their tutorials are excellent.

Pros

I'm not really into design, but FIGMA makes things very simple and professional. The possibility to create designs, prototypes and share with clients is excellent, even better is being able to export to the development tool or simply use the CSS classes. In short, figma makes it simple to create, develop and deliver solutions.

Cons

I'm not really into design, but FIGMA makes things very simple and professional. The possibility to create designs, prototypes and share with clients is excellent, even better is being able to export to the development tool or simply use the CSS classes. In short, figma makes it simple to create, develop and deliver solutions to internal and external customers.

Saad

My honest Figma Review

Reviewed on 2023/10/30

My overall experience with Figma has been truly outstanding. I wholeheartedly recommend it not only as an ideal starting point for novice designers but also as a compelling choice for seasoned professionals considering a transition.

Pros

Figma's pros include excellent collaboration and real-time editing, cross-platform compatibility, strong version history and prototyping, a wide range of plugins and integrations, and features like Auto Layout and Design Systems for efficient design processes.

Cons

The downside to Figma is the lack of advanced prototyping tools for high-fidelity prototypes.

Liam
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2024/04/20

Pros

Really intuitive, and you are able to do a lot. Great coomunity with a lot of designs.

Cons

Really hard to learn if you aren't show how to use it.

• Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Figma is an excellent choice for efficient design processes and development handoff

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

I'm on a UX team for Finance performance solution software. We work on difficult products with lots of unique problems to solve on a daily basis from admin screens to analytics visualizations to bringing excel-like functionality to web-based solutions. Overall, Figma lets us collaborate and work quickly with tight deadlines and agile teams that need to also understand what we are designing.

Pros

Figma is easy to learn, and available on any computer thanks to its web-based capability.

Versioning comes in very handy, as well as commenting, sharing, and fairly user-friendly prototyping features.

Figma is affordable, but scalable. You can have a very robust UX team utilizing it. It's a user-friendly wireframing and prototyping power house.

Cons

While it's easy to use, there's still a learning curve. I was a Sketch user, and Sketch is still faster to design in.

Also, if you want a really complex prototype, it can get tricky.

And, having a local version of Figma is still cloud-based. So, working offline will give you limited capability.

Adobe XD and Sketch

Reasons for Choosing Figma

New job - Different companies using different tools.

Eric R
Eric R
  • Industry: Research

Figma is an essential part of our design process

Reviewed on 2022/02/08

Figma is an easy to use design system for collaboration. I love how easy it is to collaborate on design elements and store them in the system. Figma is a great way for me to stay organized and productive with my designs.

Pros

Figma's great sharing tools are a top reason to use this high-quality app. We all go there to get anything that has been created and know it will be on-hand for reuse throughout our apps and dashboards. We use it as a DAM in that way, too.

Cons

Sometimes the folder structures can be a little confusing but it's manageable.

Adobe XD and Zeplin

Reasons for Choosing Figma

Figma was used by our designers. She showed us the way to make better use of Figma than we had with Zeplin.

Zeplin

Reasons for Switching to Figma

Figma was in use with a number of people on the team so we made the change.

The best of the best

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Figma helps us prototype and design much more quickly than ever before. It's extremely helpful in creating results that can be reviewed by stakeholders and legal without much fuss.

Pros

Figma builds off what other similar solutions offer in providing a very simple, easy-to-use interface with both an web-based and app experience that makes it more versatile and useful in my day-to-day work. I also like that Figma does what a lot of other tools don't do: It factors in the importance of content within design.

Cons

Content within design relies on 3rd party plug-ins for Figma. It would be nice to see this functionality built into the app itself.

Reasons for Choosing Figma

Design leadership wanted to Figma because of its feature set.

Ease of use.

Excellent design tool for wireframing, UX and UI designing.

Reviewed on 2022/08/25

Its a great collaborative design tool which works seamlessly and streamlines the design process. It will definitely make your designing experience productive and enjoyable.

Pros

I have been extensively using Figma from last 3 years as a preferred design tool to create wireframes and UI mockups along with the design teams. If you need multiple team members to work on a design board simultaneously (in a real time collaborative way), this can be your go-to tool. It also provides in-app comment features, so business stakeholders can easily share their feedback on specific design component and design/product team can see those comments directly in Slack. For development teams, even though we often used 'Zeplin' to get corresponding CSS code snippets for design components but Figma also directly displays the CSS code for developer's ease. It's super intuitive and productive tool.

Cons

One big challenge of using Figma is that there is no offline functionality. Meaning, it requires an active internet connection while using this application and it makes it harder to work from remote locations where you might have internet connectivity issues.

Miles

Figma is a terrific tool for design and prototyping work.

Reviewed on 2022/03/10

Figma has saved me hours and hours of frustrating design work in Photoshop - where design can become cumbersome at best. It's easy to master and makes design work fun and fast. I love being able to share quickly when needed and the templates make my work easier and even more rewarding.

Pros

The learning curve for Figma is simple and anyone who is new to design can start creating right away. If you have some design experience then Figma will help you increase productivity immediately and will inspire your creativity. The community makes a lot of templates available and sharable, and many of them are top-notch, pro-level work. Also there are many plugins available that make it even more useful.

Cons

If you're new to design the interface may be a little confusing and some basic start-points are not so clear at first, but once you get the hang of it then design work becomes pretty easy. Menus are not clear, and some of the most used features (for me) are buried under multiple clicks. Having templates available from a handy list would be great such as templates for FB ads or 'hero page elements' and alike.

Jitender
Jitender
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Figma makes it easier for you to create, prototype and collaborate.

Reviewed on 2021/06/16

Figma has a minimal learning curve and feels really good to use. It's packed with features and it's only getting better with frequent updates.

Pros

The thing that makes Figma great is that it is browser-based and the files are saved in the cloud. I can continue working on any of my computers, when and where I want, as long as I have an internet connection. Sharing designs with Figma is simple and I really like what they've enabled with the real-time collaboration functionality. Another great thing about Figma is its variety of plugins which make the workflow even faster, there are plenty of plugins available you can do basically anything with them: typography, graphs, collaboration, etc.

Cons

Sometimes takes a really long time to load up the files. Even if it doesn't run smoothly sometimes as compared to other programs, I still prefer Figma because of its features and large component libraries.

Laerte
Laerte

Best UX/UI draw platform

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

The overall experience is very good and the features outweigh the problems. We have a team of 10 using the software and 4 developers and everyone can use it without any problems.

Pros

The best feature of Figma is the collaborative tool, where all the team can work together and at same time. Another great feature is the prototype tool, making possible animated prototypes with great quality and shareable to everyone to test on their own devices.

Cons

Comparing to other softwares like Sketch, Figma has a problem with importing vectors. If you want to import a vector or image, you need to export it as SVG to later import it to Figma and if you are using Sketch you only copy in illustrator or another software and paste in the sketch.

• Industry: Printing

My design love

Reviewed on 2021/04/21

Pros

- free
- there is a community where you can find many useful free layouts
- plugins
- link access. developers and customers have access to the current version immediately.
- auto-layout and variants are my love. speed up work a million times faster
- available on any system and don't have to think about saving all the time.
- it is also possible to see the layout from a previous time.
- I don't need software to create a prototype.
- continually improve the product

Cons

Sometimes you have to buy workshops to understand how to integrate new features into your process. That's what I had with variants and auto-layout.

Soledad

The best tool for UI Design

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

I started with Figma as a hard user last year, retaking a product designer role after a while of being Design Manager.
I preferred Figma or Sketch because the incredible feature of working online with clients and developers.
I watched all Figma official tutorial on Youtube and read the documentation and I feel able to give some advice after a year of design several products:
Designers has to read the documentation because there is a painful misused of the software in terms of poorly understanding of concepts in components and styles.
When you properly use Figma you can boost the speed of the Front-End Development.
Not recommended for, even when there are plugins for this:
Documentation.
Flows or Information Architecture.

Pros

Figma not only allows you to work online with your coworkers, also you have the possibility to add a lot of plugins and use resources offered by the community.
Also, the trial version it is very comfortable to test the tool in a way you can be sure of you are choosing the right option for you and your team.
Integrations with ZeroWheight to document your UI Kits, make of Figma the best tool in these days to work in teams of any size and develop Design Systems for your brand.

Cons

Maybe it could be a bit expensive for small companies (or freelancers in countries with less incomes like India, or here in Chile) in comparison with Adobe XD or Sketch, but the online feature made it totally worth it.
Sometimes has small usability issues and some tools are not easy to be discovered.
Also some interface changes are not warning notified and you have to figure out how the change works.

Sketch and InVision App

Reasons for Choosing Figma

Figma allows to work online with your team

Daniel

Figma: The Ultimate Design Tool

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Figma has grown over the past years to become a fierce competitor in the field of software design. It has incredible collaboration features and offers numerous photo editing, prototyping and plug in capabilities. Personally at my team use Figma for creating a prototype of our apps by visually mapping out the user interface. For a very reasonable 12 USD a month per user, you can create unlimited projects as well as access nifty business features such as custom permissions for users and an unlimited version history. On top of this there are many new updates coming out each month that improve Figma continuously. For me, it is easy to see why I and many of my co workers have switched to Figma.

Pros

From the efficient collaboration to the snappy and responsive user interface, there’s simply so many good things about Figma. To begin with, Figma is a web application which makes it is easily accessible for anyone with internet and a computer. Another benefit of this is that there is no need to install updates and that everything sync automatically every time the page refreshes. Then there is the desktop application which allows for the offline use of Figma among other advantages like a customisable colour palette. Furthermore, the constraints and vector networks make it exceptionally easy to manage vectors and customise the finished product. Another reason to consider Figma is the sheer amount of keyboard shortcuts. When I first found the list of keyboard shortcuts on Figma I was astounded and started to learn some of them. I can definitely testify that they speed up my workflow a lot! Using all of these features, I am able to create high fidelity prototypes that I can confidently present to a client and they can see an accurate visual representation of some software. Above all, the most amazing thing is that Figma is absolutely free to use and the business version is at a very reasonable price.

Cons

There are few problems with Figma and many of the previous problems have been eliminated through monthly updates. One problem is that as Figma is relatively new and the plugin system was only implemented late December 2019, the plugins available for Figma are less diverse and abundant, compared to other softwares which have been around for much longer.

Vansh
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Figma Review

Reviewed on 2023/03/24

Figma is a popular cloud-based design and collaboration tool used by designers, developers, and product teams to create and share digital designs. It is known for its intuitive interface, powerful design tools, and real-time collaboration features that allow multiple users to work on a design project simultaneously.Users generally praise Figma for its ease of use, collaborative features, and ability to work seamlessly across different devices and platforms. Many also appreciate the extensive design libraries and plugins available, which can save time and improve productivity.However, some users have reported issues with Figma's performance and stability, particularly when working with large design files or complex animations. Others have criticized the limited customization options and lack of advanced features compared to other design software.Overall, Figma is a well-regarded design tool that has gained popularity in recent years, particularly among remote teams and those who prioritize collaboration and flexibility.

Pros

Collaborative Features: Figma is a cloud-based design tool that allows multiple users to work on the same file simultaneously. This makes collaboration between designers and stakeholders more efficient and seamless.Easy to Use: Figma has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for designers to create and prototype designs quickly. It also has a robust set of design tools that can be customized to fit individual workflows.Versatility: Figma can be used for a wide range of design projects, including web design, mobile app design, user interface design, and more. It also has features specifically designed for collaboration and design system management.Cloud-based: Because Figma is cloud-based, it doesn't require installation or maintenance of software. This means that designers can access their files from anywhere with an internet connection.Real-time Feedback: Figma allows stakeholders to provide

Cons

Steep learning curve: Some users find Figma to be complex and difficult to learn, especially those who are new to design software.Limited offline functionality: Figma is primarily a web-based tool, so it requires an internet connection to work. This can be a problem for users who need to work offline or have unreliable internet access.Limited customization: Figma's interface and design tools are highly structured and can be limiting for advanced users who require greater flexibility and customization options.Limited animation capabilities: While Figma does offer some basic animation features, it lacks the full suite of animation tools available in other design software.Limited third-party integrations: Some users have expressed frustration with Figma's limited integration options with other tools and software, which can make it more difficult to streamline workflows and collaborate with other teams.

Benya
Benya

It helps me to animate my ideas

Reviewed on 2023/10/04

It helps me to create designs whenever I feel inspired or receive an order. It's a tool I will highly encourage you to take time and learn it.

Pros

I like Figma because it gives the ability to design simple and complex user interfaces without using a single code. It might seem complete on the first try but becomes easy when used to working with it.I prefer using it over many other UI design tools because it offers some advanced prototyping functionalities like creating reusable design elements, defining dynamic layouts that automatically adjust based on content changes, screen sizes, or device orientations, allowing me to create interactive and animated prototypes, and supports a wide range of plugins and integrations with other tools and services.It makes the design process extremely easy for me and saves time and resources - it boosts my user experience and productivity.

Cons

The only issue with Figma is that it can be hard and overwhelming to use when just getting started. It has a simple/complex user interface at the same time.

Maggie

Figma is the best tool for UX/UI designers, I will be a lifelong customer

Reviewed on 2022/10/13

I am obsessed with Figma. You can really tell that the Figma team listens to their community and reacts to meet the needs of their clients which is why everything is optimized to mirror a designer's brain. The grid system changed my life, and I would not be able to achieve such depth, quality, and professionalism in my designs without it.

Pros

Where do I begin? From the free plan, to the collaborative nature of the tool, and the intuitive interface, I will never go back to Photoshop or Illustrator again. The tools are limited in a good way in the sense that it's not overwhelming and my workspace isn't overcrowded by things I don't need. It took me less than an hour to understand the ins and the outs of the platform and now I have thousands of files on Figma.

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints about Figma. The only problem that I ran into was being limited by the free plan in terms of collaboration, but it's normal and the paid plan is inexpensive anyway so it was time to level up!

Alaifiyah
Alaifiyah

Figma- Empowering Design

Reviewed on 2023/10/10

"I absolutely love Figma! It has become my go-to design tool. Figma's efficiency is unmatched, and the ability to save styles and projects online has transformed my workflow into a seamless and collaborative experience.I wholeheartedly recommend Figma to anyone in the design field or those simply looking to enhance their daily life with an exceptional design tool. It's a game-changer, and I believe it's the future of collaborative design."

Pros

- Auto-layout - I absolutely love Figma! Its Auto Layout tool is a game-changer, helping me work faster and more efficiently.- Faster - I love Figma even more than Photoshop and Illustrator for composing my work.- Online - It's incredibly efficient and allows me to save styles and projects online, making my workflow seamless and collaborative.- Can access the file anytime anywhere as everything is on cloud.

Cons

- Offline Designs: Need WIFI Connection overtime.- Lack of print design features.- Lack of editing tools.

Aleksandra
  • Industry: Design

Best tool for design we ever had

Reviewed on 2023/12/18

I'm doing almost everything in Figma - UI design, graphic design including simple vector illustrations, icons, presentations, mindmaps and moodboards. I even made a photo book for print there (might not be the best idea - but it works). The best part is that I don't have to worry about my setup, I can open Figma from any laptop and continue with my work.

Pros

Not only it became an industry standard, it also gave the ability to start designing for everyone who owns laptop with an internet access, for free. A lot can be done to improve the experience and features, but honestly -no other tool is even close to Figma, and I tried a number during my 10+ years career.

Cons

Creating interactive prototypes is not quite there yet. Components are sometimes messy to manage and there are a couple specific bugs.
Also, would be great to have a functionl mobile version (I know that's a lot to ask, but one can dream)