FlockBase

Church management solution for small to midsize churches

Wayne J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

FlockBase works well for the small church

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

Pros

FlockBase was affordable. It has everything we need: Membership data, Contributions, Register and Payroll plus other functions we don't use. We just installed the newest version, FlockBase 2020. I like the way it works. I especially like that you don't have to open FlackBase and FlockBase Accounting separately. Entering and changing dates has been improved. I would say the learning curve for FlockBase is moderate. Customer support is excellent. Response time is very short. They are always positive and encouraging while helping solve a problem. They explain what the problem is and teach you how to solve it. FlockBase helps us keep track of our members and our finances.

Cons

Since we just installed FlockBase 2020, I'm still learning how to use it and haven't found any negative issues. Reports and printing are locked, which can sometimes be frustrating, if you want a different output.

Anjela R.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

missing some very important features

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

I’m shocked to be treated that way on the support end. I’ve never had that experience with support people. Usually they are kind and patient in professional businesses I’ve used. I found it so insulting due to the fact I was very kind to the FB associate at all times and I just needed help navigating. I was very disappointed and wanted to like FB. But unfortunately have to go through all the trouble & time to continue researching other church management programs.

Pros

The graphics were big and clear. Liked how it all looked at first. Very modern and clean. Large text was nice. The colors looked fun and bright.

Cons

I was finally explained to by an associate, (after purchasing and misrepresenting the features.) the Program only worked as “individual” members & not Family when creating a directory. It shown as each individual person instead as a family name in the directory. Associate said that will be changed/added but he had no idea of that time frame. Also when importing a picture to the directory (used the correct format) it just loaded up an icon & not the picture. Also, importing was a terrible nightmare. There spreadsheet sent to me was completely confusing and over complicated. I never figured that out and skipped importing. Had to do it manually. Also, The associate that helped me on the phone started losing his patience with all my questions. He became short, rude, and irritated to me (female.) when I had my male associate call him, he was then polite. Very strange! The FB associate (remaining unnamed) repeatedly said to me rudely,”like I said” frustrated with all my questions. The Senior Pastor was very dissatisfied with the lack of features in the program and rude support so we asked for a refund and went with another program.

Kathleen E.

Very helpful program update and support

Reviewed on 2016/07/26

Ken Owen was more than helpful. He invested time and energy into helping me get our program up and running correctly. I was and am very appreciative of him and his expertise and his willingness to take the time needed to get our system back on track.

Pros

Runs much better no w we have the correct version

Cons

no problems so far

Gary A.

Flockbase was just what we needed.

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

We are a small church and we were looking for a specific type of software to handle our membership and make our financials easier to maintain. Flockbase was the best we found for the price. We love it.

Pros

The price.

Cons

The limited functions in printing reports of the membership.

Ken W.

A great program for the features provided at a most reasonable price.

Reviewed on 2015/08/07

Like many programs, the Flockbase Membership and Contribution program can accomplish many things. We are a small congregation and my application is fairly limited in that I am only using the program to enter and track contributions and print reports. This it does extremely well. The learning curve is minimal but when I do have questions (which have been few) the tech support help from Ken Owen is truly exceptional. It is refreshing to deal with a person that is both tech savvy and a gentleman. I may expand my use of the features of this software in the future but, for now, just using the contribution part of the program is well worth the very reasonable price.

Richard E.

Flockbase membership and accounting software

Reviewed on 2015/12/22

I have found the software to be very user friendly. I have not had that many questions as the documentation has been very helpful. The times I did need to contact the company I received prompt service and any questions I had were answered correctly. I feel this is a very good system that is low cost for small churches such as mine. I guess the only thing the accounting system doesn't have is accounts payable, but this is not a major problem as we do not have that many bills. I would recommend this software for small churches.

Jennifer H.

Complete Software for all of our needs!

Reviewed on 2016/01/08

The FlockBase software is very easy to use and provides our church with a complete program that suits our needs. We currently use the Church Membership software and it is great. We are able to enter in our members, keep track of all our weekly contributions as well any special contributions that are given to us and send out year end contribution reports to members. It truly makes my job easier and I couldn't be happier with the support that we have received! Thank you FlockBase!! Keep up the GREAT job!

Kenny M.

Set up was not a nightmare. The user manuals were very user friendly

Reviewed on 2015/12/16

I really don't have any cons but all pros. I had a very good experience from downloading the program, setting it up & entering data. The manuals were very informative. I really have not had to contact customer support but a very few times which backs up my previous comment. When I have had to contact customer support I received a quick response that answered my questions completely.

We use the membership & accounting programs & I would 100% recommend this product to anyone.

Beth C.

Flockbase Accounting & Membership Contributions

Reviewed on 2015/11/01

Both of these programs are extremely easy to use. You do need someone familiar with accounting to set it us, but then almost anyone can use. They give you information that all the other "big" programs use, but you don't have to be a CPA to learn it.

The staff at Flockbase are very friendly and helpful. They go beyond what normal customer service department.

I won't use any other programs - this can be expanded for a large church or a small church like ours.

Mark P.

Our church loves it!

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Pros

I was introduced to this by my church it was super simple to use and really easy to understand had no problems with that at all

David B.

Great fund-based church software

Reviewed on 2016/04/29

This accounting software is ideal for churches. It provides for accounting for transactions by fund and department. It accurately calculates payroll taxes and gives reports necessary for 941 and W-2 preparation. Can get reports by fund, department, or account. Bank reconciliation is a snap. Fund accounting at a low price, which is perfect for the majority of churches. Customer support is terrific and an easy-to-read user guide is provided.

J M.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2016/01/03

I have been using the FlockBase Accounting product for 1 year and I love it. Very user-friendly and built for people with minimal accounting knowledge. Decided to buy the Membership and Contribution package to have a seamless system. Great customer service with prompt responses to any and all questions. You can't beat this product for the price and support!

Christy R.

Excellent church overall data program.

Reviewed on 2016/04/27

Flockbase was easy to learn, just by following the step-by-step directions and, of course, calling Ken has been extremely helpful. He has walked me through several things that I wasn't sure about. Also the tutorial has been very helpful to refer to. I would be lost without Flockbase and use it every day!

Archie m C.

There have been no problems with this software. It performs beautifully.

Reviewed on 2015/07/04

I really cannot think of any cons as it relates to the service, performance and care with which this
company works with its clientele. I would recommend this company to anyone who is in need of
any of the services they provide. I am just thankful that we are a part of their clientele.

Pauline M.

I could not be treasurer of a small church congregation without this product.

Reviewed on 2016/05/05

I have found that I can easily make the accounting reports as well as the end of year contribution letters when called for. The support service has been great, giving assistance with computer crashes and helping me personally climb the learning curve.

Steven L.

Great software

Reviewed on 2015/12/03

Great software for church's. Has everything a treasurer needs to do the job. It is a little hard getting around in at first but the more you use it the easier it gets . Ken is great for walking you through the system as well.

Bj K.

I have been using Flockbase for years and I love it.

Reviewed on 2016/01/19

I have been using Flockbase for years. The couple of times I have had to contact support they were extremely helpful and able to fix the problem quickly. I have recommended Flockbase to many other churches.K

Jan P.

EXCELLENT

Reviewed on 2015/07/07

FlockBase is a great overall church program, user friendly and excellent tech help. Ken, who answers the phone is especially nice, knowledgeable, very helpful and patient. I do highly recommended FlockBase.

Billie M.

I have used Flockbase software for three years and have been pleased with the overall...

Reviewed on 2016/05/19

I have called a few times with questions and my calls were immediately returned and problems were solved.

Janet C.

great support!

Reviewed on 2015/08/08

We have used this software for several years. Anytime we have had a problem (due to our laptop), they've always been extremely helpful.

Richard C.

Have used for 5 years; easy to input information.

Reviewed on 2015/12/16

Technical support has been excellent.

Barbata A.

Awesome

Reviewed on 2015/07/02

I find it to be user friendly

Alene H.

Revised version is a big disappointment

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

We loved the old version of Flockbase and are extremely disappointed with the new system. I will say that every time I have contacted Support they have responded promptly and were very courteous and willing to help. Unfortunately, they just don't provide what we need anymore. We take our records to an outside auditor every 3 years and the documents we need simply cannot be printed any longer. We are looking for a better solution. We need help and we need it now.

Pros

I used this software for 4 years and while it had some features that were slightly cumbersome, it was very workable and affordable. The financial report could show monthly and annual actual vs budget on a single report. I could print a membership list and include email addresses and birth dates.

Cons

Flockbase recently re-designed it's software and it is a nightmare to use. The check register reads going up to the top of the screen instead of down. The check numbers are not sequential making bank statement balancing time consuming while hunting for the check you want to clear. I cannot print a check register, instead I have to print a general ledger. I cannot print a 941 report. We work offline and I usually print the report, take it home and make the EFTPS payment, then return the reoprt and receipt to the church. I now have to take a picture of the 941 report with my cell phone in order to perform the same task. I'm trying to teach another person how to use the system but cannot print a chart of accounts. I have to print a budget instead. I can still enter household and member information but cannot print out any information other than name, address & phone number. I cannot print email addresses or birthdays, etc. The household and membership information is on one screen and I have to constantly scroll down about 3 screens to access the membership portion. After entering information, it reverts all the way back to household and I have to scroll down 3 screens again for each and every member . The new program is not user friendly by any means. It does not give us the reports we once had, there is no step by step guide to tell you if you want to find something you have to look in a completely different module. Confusing beyond belief.

Kim P.

Small Membership Churches look for Quick Books alternative

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

We have not yet fully implemented the software, that is, we are still keeping duplicate financial records, but the experience has so far been superior to all other software. Real people answer the phone, real CPA’s respond to accounting questions.

Pros

As a church the two parts of finance that need to integrate 100% are tracking contributions and handling the day to day finances of the church. Most of the churches use Quickbooks or Quicken because they are the two leading accounting packages, and they most resemble the checkbook for non-accounting purposes. Tracking contributions is impossible in Quickbooks, unless you treat each contribution as a pledge. Flockbase easily integrates what was a three step process into a one step basis for a church.

Cons

The only concern I have is in the documentation that is provided for how to use the accounting software. There is an assumption that the people using or setting up the software have an accounting background. Funds accounting is not the simplest method to use, and a more detailed explanation, particularly in the beginning on the “how-to’s” of entering beginning balances etc would be nice. The documentation on the membership module is more explanatory and easy to follow. The best solution is that so far the help desk and the accountant, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who answered my phone call have been right on top of the request for help.

Kimberly R.

FlockBase is great!

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

The conversion from our old software, Power Church, to FlockBase was not difficult. The web based version is great. I can work from home or church. It has cut down my processing time in less than half. Financial reports are simple to use and in an easy to read. Our church board is very complementary of the switch!

Pros

This software is very user friendly. It has cut my processing time in half, easily.

Cons

Compared to our old software I have not realized any negatives about FlockBase.