LawnPro

Lawn care software for managing administrative operations

4,7
Lindsey A.
Industry: Real Estate

Comprehensive Lawn Care Software - Constantly Evolving

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

As a startup we purchased a lifetime membership/subscription for an incredibly reasonable price. We started one property at a time and have well over 350 clients. Some clients, of course, are one timers, but we have the ability to access all of their information.

Pros

Our biggest use of this software has been for the preparation and follow through of estimates. The system allows the users to be at a property, complete quotes, send them to homeowners or clients, and recieve a response. You can save commonly used items or services to make it easy to estimate accurately. For example if you install black mulch constantly, you can save the material price for 1 cu yd mulch, the install price, or delivery price. There is a lot of flexibility. It also makes it easy to track through the system and to create quotes for homeowners that are consistent over time. We also use it for accounting and we can see payments, overdue notices, and all kinds of financial transactions. We connect our quickbooks and we run payroll from the software as well.

Cons

We signed up many years ago and the features were kind of rough. There are a lot of features that I don't think have much use. There are things like chemical sprays, a map feature which we've never utilized and some other kinds of reporting that we NEVER use. That may just be specific to our company and other companies may find it helpful, but for us, I'd rather improve the accounting and estimate part of the program.

I also think it's hard to search within the system. Let's say you know you installed mulch and planted pansies and those notes are in your system. There is no way to find that homeowner unless you sort by date, know their name or address, or know the estimate number and find your way to them. I have blanked on a client and it's taken me quite a while do dig them up. I often have to go back between emails and our software. Other than estimates, I don't email directly from the software.

Sean F.
Industry: Environmental Services

Excellent CRM software for new landscaping business

Reviewed on 2020/07/20

My experience with whoever is behind the chat bot has been exceptional. I’ve never had to call them and can do everything from the app or computer. They even get back to me within a couple hours on weekends.

Pros

It’s inexpensive and fairly simple to use. There are a lot of services on here that I don’t understand and would probably need someone to teach me how to use it. Customer service does get back to me quickly and the software engineers are quick to fix issue when they arise. Overall it’s a fine product for what I need right now.

Cons

It took some time to get used to navigating. I would like to see an estimate button at the top of the dashboard on the mobile app because that’s what I mainly use this software for.

Todd T.

Becoming the Industry leader

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

I have been using this just a short time now (switching from a previous software of 10 plus years). I really am excited when I see all the offerings such as completing, invoicing, even marking paid (if your client pays at time of service) right on the spot within 2 mins. of getting done with a service. The ability to estimate remotely and have a professional estimate to deliver within minutes of an initial conversation is perfect for me as prospects come up to my guys all the time in the field and I might not be there but can land an extra service or client right away. The client portal is defiantly a BIG plus. With most everything these days online, this feature makes things that much easier to communicate and complete tasks like estimate acceptances and payments. My guys find it easy to use the time clock and I like I can see it in real time. The support I am getting when I find a bug or something not quite as I think it is intended is exceptional! I am glad I ran across this and made the switch. As I grow, this software will help me and easily grow with me.

Pros

I love the real time information. If guys are in the field, I can see that they clock on to a work order right away. I like that the work order can be closed in the field right after service is performed and completed. I also like that the system can auto generate the invoice right then if selected as well as all the automations that can be set to notify the customer ( and me) after certain services or actions are complete. Big time saver. I can schedule, input, track, charge and collect payment all at the door of my clients. Real big time saver.

Cons

They are always taking suggestions and implementing them, so I can't really say this or these are cons, only waiting to see when they might get a chance to implement. They are always looking for ways to tailor their software to what we, the user, needs. So just drop them a note and they will work with you if you see something not right or something you'd like to see different.

John H.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

Ok for the price

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

Fairly easy to use. They keep added features that help with daily scheduling and service options.

Cons

Absolutely no phone tech support. You have to text them if you have any questions or issues. They will not talk to you on the phone ever. No matter what the issue. There have been several software updates that have caused major issues in the program itself that had detrimental results in the billing system. As in services showing up on my copy of the invoice but not on the client's copy they received. It took months for them to resolve that problem after they said twice they fixed it. It cost me clients because they thought I was adding on service charges to the invoices after sending them. Three separate times this happened in one season.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Stephen K.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Not a bad program

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Overall happy with the software but interface could be modernised, more UK compatibility made available and price of add ons expensive.

Pros

I've been using it since 2010 and was chosen for the price and functionality. It is pretty easy to set up although a bit clunky. Great for estimates and invoices and customer management and seems to be pretty customisable. I found the built in calculators handy for things like mulch; although they are pretty basic saved me having to fire up additional programs.
The sending of invoices and estimates is great as can be emailed at a touch of a button with the integrated mailer.

Cons

I really wish their was more features that are compatible with UK services such as the SMS and stamps features. I don't really send that many letters but would be nice to have the option and would definitely use the the SMS feature but again no use in the UK and also feel that these ad on features are pretty expensive for what they are.
I'm also disappointed at the QuickBooks integration as I use the Self Employed version which isn't supported.
The customer portal is a great idea but again think it's rather expensive as with most of the add ons, although I am lucky as I bought the one time licence years ago.
I also find the expenses feature pretty poor and not particularly easy to use and have made a few mistakes in the past and they were hell to resolve.
Have found sending messages other than estimates and invoice fairly difficult as the templates are quite poor and don't do a great job of rendering the final message but I know it can be customised just need the time.
Support is okay and the few time I've used it they resolve the issues but you have to keep on the ball as don't always understand what the problem you are experiencing is.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kenneth O.

Powerful System for tracking

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Very positive. It has helped with everyone being able to access and see what is on the schedule and where the crews are in their daily route.

Pros

I like the fact you can track overall time at a specific customers property for the whole season. I like the heads up of the schedule for the week and month. Its also got a ton of great features for tracking customer relationships as well as for tracking maintenance.

Cons

The only downside I have found is for the financials it does not go in as much depth as Quickbooks, but I am still learning so I may have missed something that gives me more information that I am looking for.

Douglas K.
Industry: Consumer Services

Must have for anyone in lawncare/landscaping!!!!!

Reviewed on 2020/05/03

Lawnpro solves all my CRM needs, scheduling, hour tracking, before and after photos, invoicing, estimates, I use lawnpro daily!

Pros

There is too many amazing qualities to name just one, but to name my top 2 is the customer service is extremely fast, efficient, and effective! (To go into detail, one experience, i accidentaly charged something to my account, i text the help number and within 15 minutes my issue was resolved and I had a refund on the way.) My second favorite aspect is the app being on ios, the integration between using the website on my PC and the app on the go at the job sites, the job timer is amazing for tracking work hours and keeping track of average time on recurring job sites. The list goes on!

Cons

Having to go back to enter customers and properties, not being able to add them from the invoice or schedule page like you can on quickbooks.

John H.

Excellent Software

Reviewed on 2020/04/19

This has been a good Program to use for my business. I have grown with them as they have grown. Streamlining the office side of my business has been very very good. Over the Years they have made the software program very good.

Pros

I have used lawnPro almost as long as I have been in business or almost as long as they have been around I think. There are 4 key things that I like most about the software. Customer Portal- I have had several customer's that have commented about how nice the customer portal is. Being able to pay there bill, view invoices etc. That is my main goal- Customer easiness of doing business with me. 2nd- Credit Card processing. Being able to get paid weekly now is a huge deal. 3rd- I am hoping the pausing visits during the off season will be the next thing I like. 4th- I really like the Updated time tracker. I used to use a app on my phone to keep track of employee times. But this is very slick now to do it right from the program. I basically only use LawnPro and a budget program YNAB to run my business now.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I like least at the moment. Maybe a wish- Being able to delete Emails or Text messages that have been sent from long ago. Or when you delete a customer from the program not have there name pull up in customer's to text or Email.

Greg N.

Greg Lawn Care

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

So far it has been a good experience using the LawnPro software. It has definitely made running a lawn and landscape business much easier.

Pros

I like that everything is automated.
It's nice that everything can be done with this software from scheduling, billing, tracking employees, etc.
Budget-friendly and doesn't fall short of expectations like other software services that I've trie before.

Cons

Any Cons that I have had were resolved within a couple of days of suggesting it or contacting customer service. The owner used to even encourages users to text him directly with issues. They have built-in support now but I bet he'd answer a text as well.

David H.

Lawn Pro - What a great product - Makes our business so effiencent

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

All staff being able to see work scheduled.

Access to all customer and property information and details in one place, which also makes it super easy to amend and change details.

Being able to quote and invoice on the go, this greatly helps our cash flow and as a small business cuts down on required office hours.

Route Scheduling, meaning we are able to make efficiencies where possible on daily route planning.

Pros

After using Lawnpro we have moved our business to totally paperless.

Ease of use with all levels of staff is great.

Means keeping a paper diary a thing of the past

Cons

UK compatibility is currently being working on by the team at the moment and for us is the only downfall in only a few small area. These we are able to work around, but I am sure in the future with full integration it will be amazing. What helps is the team is actively working on thing at the moment to help with UK compatibility. Don't let this put you off as it really is a great product for any UK based lawn care business.

David M.

Solid Software for my Business

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

I love the software and I plan on using it for many years to come. A really big improvement is the help desk is now built right into the software! There are so many features we have not started utilizing and the limiting factor is learning. I would LOVE to see more videos created on how to use the software to maximize its capabilities.

Pros

LawnPro Software is a comprehensive program that checks all the boxes in what you need in order to run your business. From scheduling , routing, communications, invoicing, billing, and payments. It does a solid job of tracking and managing literally thousands of customers that we have. I love the email and texting features that have been added which are modern ways customers want to communicate. This feature needs to still be improved because customers think they are communicating with someone on say an iphone and send up .jpg or other files that are not viewable through the software.

Cons

At times there are a lot of clicking you have to do to accomplish certain tasks. However, there have been many updates that have streamlined many processes within the software that have improved its overall effectiveness. Occasionally the software has been down, but not for any long periods of time. A strong recommendation is to ALWAYS do your updates to the system overnight, not in the middle of the day when user are trying to conduct business with it.

Michael D.
Industry: Events Services

All around amazing software and service

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Scheduling, invoicing, payments, etc all in one software simplifies a LOT. When you handle 8-12 properties every day and have to give customers an ETA, I just couldn't do it without LawnPro. If I have to make scheduling changes, it's super easy and straight-forward. I can tell they're working on it constantly so it just gets better and better. In my opinion, one of the best parts about LawnPro is the direct contact with someone who has authority to make changes and improvements, or who can explain the feature already exists and how to use it. Most other software developers require you to "submit a ticket" that goes into some system with hundreds of other "tickets" and IF it ever gets seen, it can be months or even years before you see the features you were asking for. LawnPro not only responds to any requests immediately but they actually incorporate good ideas very quickly. Very honest and responsive folks, and obviously not greedy.

Pros

The software is well written and very user-friendly. I've contacted customer service on multiple occasions with questions and requests for adding features. Not only do I get near immediate responses, but also immediate action. To request the addition of a feature one day and to be utilizing it only a couple days later is almost unheard of. I looked at a lot of software before choosing LawnPro and the others are either far too expensive, or just not as user-friendly. I could NOT run my lawn business without this software, I'd spend far too much time trying to keep track of things in spreadsheets.

Cons

There were only a couple of features I really needed that weren't already offered with this software when I first signed up, but I requested them and literally within days I was able to utilize those features. I couldn't ask for more. Excellent support, excellent code, excellent folks to work with.

David H.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Best program i’ve ever used

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

We purchased this program in 2016. Since then it has made my daily operations super easy and functional for my business. Any owner of a lawn care business would benefit from this program. The LawnPro team is constantly updating the features to make it better for their customers. Being able to schedule & invoice my customers after each visit saves me time daily & when we do our monthly invoices. Any of the old reviews are inaccurate as the reviewer either quit using the program before really learning it or is no longer in business. If you want to spend more time with your family & less time on the nighttime business work for the next day then this is your program to use!!! You have nothing to lose, try the free trial. It’s the best option we have found to keep up with everything a lawn business entails from schedules, invoicing, contracts, overhead, profit/loss, etc. and i don't even use all the features available.

Pros

Quick response from tech support
Reliability

Cons

I can’t think of any cons right off hand

Ken B.
Industry: Chemicals

Anywhere access. Very functional.

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

For the most part, it has been a good addition to the business. Some of the features are probably very good but there is little explanation/training to help me understand how (and why) to use them. ie templates, automatic emails, etc.

Pros

The fact that I can access from my phone, laptop, desktop, anywhere is so convenient. Allows several people to input data at different times with different access. Customer services flow through from input to service to completion, which is not something every software program has.

Cons

Customer support is somewhat lacking. While I am able to get a text back, my suggestions/concerns are never fully answered. It seems like they are always "on a list" but never come to fruition.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ryan F.

Best Lawn Care Scheduler and Invoicer Hands Down

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

It has been a huge help in keeping me organized with my schedule and with my invoices.

Pros

The ability to easily schedule out our days, even in advance with recurring visits.

Cons

I love this product, I dont think there is anything I dont like.

John K.
Industry: Building Materials

Lawn Care Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/01

Overall this is a great software and I am happy I switched to it.

Pros

This software is simple to navigate and use. Great scheduling options and time management options is good for employees to be able to start and stop timers.

Cons

Invoices being sent automatically. I can not find an easy way to automate invoices.

Karen S.

This software is awesome! These bad reviews are OLD

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

We purchased the lifetime program back in 2016 and we started using it... mostly because it was so inexpensive! The was a definite learning curve and it was difficult to get ahold of anyone. I learned to adjust to the quirks and as the years marched by, I found that they were growing with me. About 2 years ago, customer rep. gave out his cell number for tech support. They have added more programmers and a BUNCH of new edits/options to the software. Right now, he is working on making the software more automated. I can't wait.

Pros

My favorite like how I can text customer rep. 24/7 and get a pretty fast response. I really like the mailing option. They put a color invoice into the envelope along with a with a return envelope. Very professional looking and I don't have to do the busy work. I like how you can select a bunch of services and assign a crew. I like how it sends them an email when we complete a service. I like how it syncs with quickbooks. I like how you can tag the customer/property. The list goes on and on...

Cons

To be honest, the list WAS long in the beginning and tech support WAS nonexistent... BUT not anymore. Every single suggestion and/or problem has been fixed or is in the process of being implemented.

Dereck P.

Helps My Lawn Business Tremendously

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

My overall LawnPro experience has been great. Was not too difficult to learn how to use but it does have a learning curve like most software. Has everything I need for my small 2-4 man business. Makes my office activities way easier and I could not operate without it.

Pros

The scheduling portion is my absolute favorite. Very easy to use and organize. Easy to move clients around, overall a great experience with the scheduling software.

Cons

The cost of taking a credit card is more expensive than quick books and I really want to be able to get customers to sign a maintenance contract online from the software.

Tom H.

Simple yet effective

Reviewed on 2020/02/02

Pros

I like the ease of use of LawnPro. I had tried probably about 10 different lawn based CRM/Scheduling softwares and I either didn't like them (overly simplified and not able to be customized to my business) or I couldn't understand and figure them out. LawnPro was simple and had all of the features I had been looking for from the beginning.

Cons

At first the Mobile version was not as simply used as the desktop version. However I was assured they were working on it. They have had the app out for a few months now and it is just like using it on my computer. Simple and efficient.

Leanna W.

My take on the Lawn Pro software

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

My overall experience with the lawn pro software is satisfactory. It is very helpful in my day today routine for billing and invoicing for my lawn care business. Takes the stress out of multiple things that I had to deal with prior to finding this software. The ease of use is exceptional.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ease of use. I am not a very computer savvy person and one of the reasons I decided to go against quick books was that it was a little more complicated and difficult for me to use. This software has been easy from day 1 and continually improves its features and if I have any issues the support team always goes 110% above and beyond to help me fix the issue

Cons

I really can't find any reason that I dislike this software

Robert S.

Software Overview

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

So far everything has been very smooth and customer service is always available when needed.

Pros

Scheduling is spot on and very easy to maintain or change when needed to keep track of customers and jobs. Customers like the invoicing and easy payment method implemented into this software. Over all very user friendly.

Cons

No cons; Would just like to have an in-depth program that allows you to track (COGS) into the scheduling to determine your overall per job, daily, weekly and monthly business expenses and productivity and profit or (Cost of goods sold) percentage. Used a similiar program when doing residential house cleaning.

Mike S.

Time saver for Small Business

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

I love that I can schedule clients and teams of workers, print a cut list for each one, also being able to drag and drop a scheduled appointment into another time slot. I can change customer info on the page I'm on rather than having to go to another page to do that. There really is so much that this software does for me that it is hard to list all of the benefits for me. One of the most important features I love about this software is the fact that I can personally text [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he responds very quickly to answer my questions, and they are always listening to their clients to see how the software can be improved.

Pros

I love how this software is made with lawn care professionals in mind. And you can choose how much or how little you want to use of the services available. For example I choose to send my own invoices, but that is a service that is available to use with the software.

Cons

I really don't have any Cons with the software, It has been a real life saver for me.

William L.

Love the software

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Pros

LawnProSoftware does "NOT" have screens with hundreds of buttons all over. The logic and flow of the software is simple and not confusing like most other crm's

Cons

There's not really anything I like least about it. LawnProSoftware is not some big Corp America business with thoughts and ideas that take away from customer service.

Thomas L.
Industry: Farming
Company size: Self Employed

Designed by landscapers for landscapers

Reviewed on 2020/06/10

I've used lawnpro since it was available only on CD. I've been through several versions and like my lifetime access via web or app.

Pros

Automatic invoices that email or snail mail themselves. Easy to setup and use. Very professional look.

Cons

Need more payment options on the mobile app. Everything on the webpage should be available on the app.

Daniel S.
Industry: Construction

Irrigation Use

Great.

Pros

I love that all of my services are stored upon entering into this software. The fact that my customer database is intact season after season allows me to be efficient when it comes to scheduling, communication, etc.

Cons

Thr routing feature is not free. If I am setting up schedules, I think the routes should be included.